Ivy

They had taken a long, hot shower together, the beads searing his skin as he simply enjoyed the close proximity of their bodies and blocking out the world, if even for ten measly minutes. It was the exact pick-me-up Ethan needed before getting a head start on his article for the day. Thankfully, it didn't involve heading to the office and being stuck in that dreaded cubicle. Besides, after feeling so ridiculously high on life, there was nothing more he wanted than to be surrounded by the girls.

Ethan had prepared omelets that morning for everyone, again, not to nourish them, but give them a feel for the different cuisines in his world before Ivy and him stood side-by-side at the sink, cleaning down the plates and utensils as the girls tossed around a few toys about the living room.

"Don't break anything!" Ivy shouted, a playful smirk tugging at her lips as Ethan bumped her with his shoulder lightly.
"Psh, I do it all the time. Just don't shatter the window, alright? Then, we're actually in trouble!" Ethan snickered lightly, receiving the plate from Ivy to dry and put in the dish washer.

Once all the plates were cleaned, he leaned into her, softly murmuring, "I'll get the paper," before tossing the rag on the counter. He knew how much she enjoyed keeping up with current times, even if some of the stories bothered her.
Ivy nodded softly, pressing a tender kiss to his cheek before moving over to the children on the carpet, leaving Ethan to grab his coat and exit from the door.

He nearly made it down the hallway before a flash of white paper caught his eye, fluttering against his feet before halting. Ethan had no idea why the paper shot chills up and down his spine, yet human nature impelled him to reach for it.