Ivy

Ethan honestly had no idea what to make of the situation – he wasn't used to being so hated for reasons that were no fault of his. He couldn't exactly help what he was, and if a man could vehemently dislike him for that fact, he was shit out of luck in terms of redeeming himself. He would try to trust Ivy's words though, only squeezing her hand tighter from the bed.

"What are we going to do, Ivy?" he questioned softly. "I don't know how to fix this – I can't be a fairy. Will he ever like me for who I am?" Ethan wasn't sure why he was even asking; there was no way the man would even let him back into their territory after the force field was lifted, and it was only natural Ivy followed her father's wishes. As much as he wanted for them to be together, how much would she be willing to risk for him? The question disturbed him.

"I don't know," she whispered, "w-we-we just need to make sure... he accepts it... until... until... the barricade is lifted."

And perhaps Ethan was right. He couldn't compete with family – there was no way in hell he could ask her to remain on his side. It was too much.

"And then I go back to the city," he murmured, trying to hide the disappointment. After seeing the beauties of another world, it was hard for him to accept the prospect of returning to his mundane life as a journalist that only got the shit stories.

And if he were to return, there was no doubt he wouldn't be as lucky to survive another attack.

In an instant Ivy's small form was up against Ethan, hugging him close for the first time in a long time. She could feel every inch of him rigid, muscular frame against her bare skin and the sensation made her tingle.
It was precisely moments like these that made Ivy wish that things were much different. Why couldn't she be human? Life seemed so much simpler on their side, with all of these beautiful, amazing inventions and not to mention the concept of love was abundant. She vied for that feeling and knew well enough that if she could pursue Ethan, something surely would blossom. Without even trying something had!

"I don't want you to leave," she cried into his chest.

She wanted to be able to have what her parents had all their lives. Ivy wanted to explore his world just as she had her own, and be able to know that she had always had a family to return her. Of course, these were purely selfish desires; she had a family and a village to tend to, and her own silly dreams paled in comparision. Still, it was sweet to dream.

He wrapped his arms around her, pressing soft kisses to the crown of her head. "I don't want to leave either, Ivy." His lips left soft, warm spots everywhere he kissed, like they had when he was a child. It was almost as though he had never kissed another soul since they had been children; it was endearing to dream of, though Ivy knew with his handsomeness and charisma it was unlikely.
"He's going to hate me," she sobbed, "if-if-if I continue to defy him. But... but... he does not understand..."
"Make him understand," he whispered. "I don't want to lose you again, Ivy. And if I have to get involved...I will."
Ivy puckered out her bottom lip as she drew her face from his shoulder to look him in the face. "He won't understand. He flags you all as monsters, like the vampires or the centaurs because of your capabilities. And I know he c-cares, but he.... he just doesn't understand! He never will, Ethan. Heck I don't even understand!"

Ethan was at a complete loss – how could he be a part of Ivy's life if her father didn't approve? That was just one man in a girl's life you weren't necessarily allowed to compete with. Ethan wanted Ivy to be happy though, and he knew him leaving would reap the same results of her going against her father for him.

"I don't…know what to do, Ivy," he murmured honestly.
"Me either," she admitted, "we should have kept this a secret; it worked the first time."

As much as keeping a secret would have been easier, Ethan wasn't sure how their relationship could have possibly survived if they continued on that way. Sure, they had been kids who were naïve, but now that they were older, if they even wanted to pursue something more than friendship, her family had to be just as aware of him, as his for her. It's not like they could have a proper relationship, sneaking around by the forest boundaries every day.

If they wanted to actually have something, her father had to accept him. There just wasn't any other alternative.

"A secret wouldn't have helped us the second time around," he murmured softly, drawing a thumb down her wet cheek.

Ethan had to come up with something that would exhibit his harmlessness to the man; whether it be help in the war, aiding the village, or doing something else just as honorable. He wouldn't be effective lying in this bed all day, and he had a small notion Ivy understood this fact as well. In spite of her father's wishes, he had to take a risk, because that was the only way in hell things would remain not only peaceful about the house, but between them as well.

Ivy's father remained stern the entire day, despite the fact that the family and the village had decided to celebrate the return of the highly respected men and many of his shoulders. But no matter how many plates of sweet bread and treats he was offered, how many of his children begged for hugs and seats on his knee, Peter remained stoic. Ivy knew he was necessarily angry, just concerned - still, his mood was off putting
The young woman hated to leave Ethan cooped up into the house when they rejoiced in the streets, offering hugs and dances and well wishes. But she knew her father would blow up if he even say the human's face again, and of course, he needed to stay in hiding from the rest of the village.

So Ivy tended to the streets of the village until dusk settled and then she retreated to the house.
Quietly, she snuck into the bedroom. Ethan was looking at a novel she had offered him days, scanning through the illustrations more than anything else. The story had been written by hand, and as the pages worn on, the words turned into mear scribbles. Ivy had acquired the book as a child and when the cursive had become unreadable, she had made up a new ending each time.
Pulling him from the book, Ivy touched Ethan's shoulder. "Everything alright?" she whispered.
"As good as they can be," he responded with a sheepish smile. "How about you?"
She shrugged meekly. "I hate leaving you cooped up in here, while we all celebrate the return of my father and his soldiers. Just because you're human doesn't mean you should be caged like an animal."
"The same ol' walls can get a little depressing, but your visits always make it worth it."
Ivy smiled lightly and sat on the edge of the bed. More than anything now, she wanted to let Ethan truly into her world. And as a result, she wanted to be a part of his as well - he meant more to her than she cared to imagine, and knew that seperation would only scar them both again.

Ivy soon left, leaving Ethan was more sweet bread and tea. He ate in silence before working on another article, shooting off an email to his father and attempting to entertain himself with the moonlight that cast shadows along the wooden floor. It had become harder and harder to convince his father from not entering the territory to visit him, and with each conversation, he found himself coming up with more ridiculous excuses to fend him off for a few days, sometimes weeks. Currently, he had raged on about how fantastic the woodlands were, and how he was considering moving, and even if the man didn't quite buy it, he didn't prod. After all, it was his dream to have someone take care of the house that he didn't have to pay.

By eleven o' clock, Ethan had just taken a quick bath in the heated water Cornelia had left him, before tugging on his shirt and pants. His attention was snapped to the door though as soon as hushed cries erupted from behind the wood. What was going on? In spite of his morals, he pressed his ear to the thick wood, able to make out a few distinct voices.

"Ivy's missing! She wasn't in the garden!"
"What? She's missing?"
"We have to tell daddy!"

Ethan felt goose bumps prickle at his skin – missing? She had only left two or three hours ago! How could she be missing? A strong impulse within him wanted to push open the door and demand answers, but he knew if he coveted his life, he was forced to stay put in confinement. Like a caged animal. The thought brought a scowl to his lips as another groan escaped his throat.

And in several seconds, no less, Ethan decided he couldn't wait for answers, and whatever consequences ensued, he'd deal with it then.

Slightly pushing open the door, he peaked his head into the hallway to see two little girls, as expected, talking quietly with fear in their eyes, Cornelia being one of them. Ethan gestured for them to come closer to his room door, attempting to hide the equal distress in his bright blue orbs.

"Ivy's missing?" he questioned softly.
Cornelia nodded her head rapidly. "No one knows where she is! Daddy is resting and we are afraid to wake him, but Ivy's been out too long to just be exploring."
Ethan swallowed softly. "Do you think you'd be able to sneak me out of the house?"

Ivy tried to spread out her wings, only to shudder at the severe pain that shot through her limbs as she attempted it. Her legs were in just as awful a condition, cuts lining up every inch of her skin. When she touched her face all that covered her hands was blood - clear, unlike the foul smelling red of the animals - and every part of her seemed to scream with agony at her.

She wasn't quite sure how far she had fallen. Once moment she was attempting to find blueberries for Ethan's dinner in the forest, only to pierce one of her wings with a pine branch and send her tumbling down to the ground. Ivy hadn't realized she had been hovering over a cliff however and as soon as her small feet hit the ground she went tumbling downwards, the crushed rocks and pine trees sticking her in places she didn't even know could hurt this bad.
"Oh no," she whispered, trying to pull herself up from the ground. Her blood coated every inch of the rocks below, sparkling in the sunlight but looking strangely disgusting as it soaked into the ground. Ivy gagged, and pushed back her tears.

Unfortunately, pushing back the pain that radiated from her very core was a lot harder. She was certain she had broken bones, and unfortunately unlike vampires, she took time to heal. Kind of like a human, or so she was told. It was both painful and time-consuming, but at this point Ivy just wanted to make sure she got back to the village before she bled out.

To be honest, she really had no idea where she was. She hadn't even known the cliff was there, indicating she wasn't in her familiar territory. The area looked strangely barren, despite the presence of the pine trees. Any flora that had once grown here was at its best wilted to the groud. Most was dead, void of leaves and flowers. For some reason, Ivy knew that she was no longer among the fairy village. She had found somewhere much darker, somewhere only the darkest of beings inhabited. She feared what those beings were as she pushed herself from the ground and cried out in agony.

Ethan's heart thumped painfully in his chest as he scavenged the forest for any signs of Ivy. It was impossible anyone could have captured her with the village so strongly barricaded – so her absence had to be self-inflicted right? Maybe she was lost, or—Ethan felt his skin pale several shades—hurt. God fucking damn it! How the hell would he find her? Even though the village was relatively small, that hardly included the miles of forest land the fairy territory encompassed. He didn't have the time to scavenge each and every foot of land when Ivy could be potentially injured so he turned to pure logic in hopes it would pin point her destination.

Okay, before she left, she had told me was gathering dinner. So that was probably fruit, considering her brothers had brought in meat from the market the previous day.

From her descriptions of the land alone, Ethan vaguely recalled her stating the best blueberries and strawberries were picked from the area by the mountains. He felt his mouth drop, the sudden realization hitting him. What if she got in an accident by the cliffs? Ethan's eyes danced up at the tip of the rocky alps at the heart of the forest. He had to go quick.

-----

The journey had taken approximately an hour by the time he was rushing through the underbrush and snapped trees that shrouded the forest floor. Ethan attempted to push away all thoughts of worry that plagued his thoughts, knowing that would only cause more conflict, rather than good.

"Ivy?" he called, once he had neared the base of the mountain, bushes shrouded with the ripest blueberries surrounding him.

Ethan let out a tiny curse as he continued to push away vines and thickets of flora, before the smallest flash of blonde hair caught his eye. Immediately, his heart rate picked up, feet rapidly urging him towards her limp body in the bushes. "Ivy!"

His voice was hoarse once his strong arms wrapped around her torso and thighs, picking her up as gently as possible. "Oh-Oh my God. Christ, Ivy, what happened? We need help!" The warm translucent liquid coated his hands, as he glanced down at her in worry.

Ivy felt like she had been laying on the ground for days. She imagined however that the pain she felt only prolonged time though - after all the sun had never set so she assumed she had been here for just mere hours. The thought made her feel hopeless; she wasn't sure how much longer she could last out here, dark creatures among her or not.

She had been fading in and out, either with exhaustion or unconsciousness, when a pair of footsteps soon caught up to her. At first her heart pounded, but when a pair of masculine hands wrapped around her and Ethan's woodsy scent engulfed her, she relaxed back into the ground again.
His voice was so soft, but Ivy was too disoriented to figure out what he was saying. He was swearing, she knew that much, and Ivy flinched in pain.

"My l-legs," she whimpered, "and... and... a-and my... wings. They... ouch." Ethan didn't seen to realize that her blood was everywhere because he willingly caught himself in it as he brushed the dirt from her skin, attempting to assess the damage.

Worried lines creased on his forehead. "We need to get you to a medic, Ivy. Shit. W-What can I do?"
"I-I-I can't move!" she cried, "oh, oh... ouch. Be... are my wings still even t-there?" It felt like they had been stomped on and torn from her back, like a human's legs severed from their torso.

Ethan's blood was rushing rapidly as he attempted to examine the damage, her blood smeared against the scratches that lined her once smooth skin. Her hair was damp and stuck in clumps against her chest and neck, her wings completely torn and battered. The sight tugged at his heart in a terrible way, although he tried to swallow the fear that consumed him.
Ethan surveyed their surroundings once more before looking back at her. He had no idea where he had come from, forgetting to mark a trail, and he doubted Ivy was orientated enough to be able to guide them to the nearest doctor. He had come to a consensus at that point that her health was in his hands.

"Relax," he breathed, trying to keep his voice as gentle as possible. "We-We need to find shelter, at least temporarily."
She sighed in deeply, "I... I can't... move, Ethan."
"You don't have to," he responded, only tucking her closer against his chest, attempting to shield away the dropping temperatures.

Ethan moved through the trees as carefully as possible, glancing down at Ivy every so often to see her eyes fluttering open and then closed. This only urged him to move quicker, or the fastest speed someone could go when carrying an injured person. There was absolutely no point in trying to return to the village now – not when they were so far out.

"E-Ethan…" Ivy whispered, her head lolling to the side. She seemed to grow only limper with each second.
"I see something," he replied, trying to keep his voice even as a tiny shed came into view a few yards away. It wasn't ridiculously huge, but it wasn't small either, the infrastructure comprised of solid wood, enough to fend off the chill.

Once they reached the door, he pushed it open to see a cot, water basin, and rusted scraps of metal along the floor. The place looked like it had been abandoned for at least a decade, and as he shut the door behind him, he moved over to the bed, carefully placing her on top of the blankets.

"We just need to stay here until you're well enough to walk," he murmured, brushing away tendrils of blonde hair.

Even when she wasn't walking her limbs ached terribly. She cried out once more when Ethan laid her down on the bed; when he realized his mistake was placing her on her battered wings, he took a seat on the edge of the bed and turned her onto her side. Ivy winced and in the darkness clung for Ethan's hand. She was surprised when a few seconds later a kerosene lamp was lit, illumating the barren room.

Turning her neck despite the pain it causes, Ivy assessed the damage to her wings. Unlike her skin, they were ever-so-fragile. One was completely punctured from the branch she had ran into, and the other was mangled to the point where it was unfixable. She frowned at them, pain radiating from the very root of them.
"E-Ethan..." she cried, gripping onto his hand with what strength she could muster.

He looked at her expecantanty, concern and fear in his eyes. Ivy didn't even want to know what she looked like right now; every part of her burned, covered in blood and dirt and deep scratches.
"I need you... I--I need you... something," Ivy sighed.
He nodded his head, "anything."

Ivy squirmed slightly, wincing at the pain that shot through her. The wings were the worst, mangled pieces of translucent purple attached to her back. It felt like at every little shift someone was jerking on them with such force it nearly knocked the wind from her.

"My... my... wings," she pressed, blinking back tears, "you, you... they need... you have to help me. They need... to... come... come off..."
Ethan raised his brows, although compassion burned in his eyes. "You want me...to tear your wings off? Are you sure?"

The words he put it into sounded much more painful, but Ivy knew that few seconds of splitting pain was going to greatly reduce the stab that she felt now. "I... I... no choice."

Ethan wasn't squirmish in the slightest, but he would hate to cause Ivy any excruciating pain. But as the minutes wore on of her moaning in pain, features contorted in anguish, he let out a tiny sigh, straightening his posture before touching the soft wings lightly. He was careful in his movements, making sure to use his free hand to knead her back softly while the other slowly began to tear the first side. She cried out in pain, fingers clutching the pillow.

"C-Continue," she barely murmured, closing her eyes tightly as Ethan continued, finally removing the first portion and moving onto the second.

He continued like that for what felt like ten minutes, her cries of anguish only encouraging him to quicken his pace, but make it as comfortable for her as possible, and at the eleven minute mark her back was completely bare, save for the red scratches along her skin. Ethan carefully discarded of the faint tissue before returning to her bed side and pressing a comforting hand against her shoulder.

"How long does it take to grow back?" he murmured.
"I... I-I don't know," she admitted, "months, years. I've never known a-anyone to... to lose... them fully."
Ethan glanced down at the floor regretfully before removing his shirt, and sterilizing it in the water he had begun to boil to the far right of the room. Then, he returned to swab at the dirt by her forehead, making sure his movements were light and careful.

"Are you feeling better?" he inquired. Ethan was no nurse, but was trying his damn hardest.

The removal of her wings had hurt worse than Ivy had imagined, as though someone was slicing through her back with a knife and twisting to remove every last bit of her flesh. Her screams had been true and the pain had been hot, and the skin still burned long after her silken purple wings had been discarded completely. Hot tears spilled down her cheeks, both in pain and in grievance. The wings were a piece of her, like her heart, and she had always been admired for their unique colour and the great care she took of them.

Ivy watched the pain contort Ethan's own features as he gingerly dotted the dirt and blood away from her face. She knew that causing her agony was the last thing he wanted to do, and she admired his bravery for doing something so awful for her.
When they returned, she would be sure to tell her father about the "dangerous" human's sacrafices for her.

She couldn't help as well, however, to admire the rigid flex of his muscles without the cover of his shirt his torso was naked, revealing all kinds of beautiful lines and crevices. Ivy - as a fairy, where not only women but men wore just small garments and flowers to adorn their bodies - had seen a naked man many times before. But never had seen one so beautifully sculpted.

"It burns," she nodded her head, biting at her lip, "and e-everything hurts, but I'm glad we're in here, and n-n-nout outside." After a brief moment of silence she asked, "how did you find me?"
"I remembered you said something about picking blueberries, so I tried to find where the fruits were," he admitted.
Ivy forced a gentle smile, pushing away her nausea, "did you sneak away?"
"With the help of Cornelia," he responded with a grin.

Oh god, her father was most certainly going to want to kill them both when they went back. But pushing that aside, Ivy admired Ethan's bravery once more. She knew he was still unfamilar with this world and yet he was willing to face any danger to ensure she was safe. It felt like they were children again.

After the pain in her back began to dull slowly, Ivy patted the bed spot next to her. The mattress was short and narrow, but for the night would accomodate them both. Ethan looked skeptical, but Ivy pressed, and soon his warm body was pressed up against the side of her. His familiar scent overtook her and she smiled, curling into his side as he continued to clean her wounds.

Ethan wasn't even bothered with the fact there would be hell to pay by the time they returned home. He had done what he felt was right, and that was finding Ivy. He didn't even want to think about what state she'd be in if he hadn't shown up, stuck there on the cliff's edge nearly bleeding to death. Instead, he focused his mind on getting her scratches clean, their bodies so close he could feel the heat radiating off of her body.

"You're still beautiful, with cuts and scratches," he murmured truthfully, drawing that rag down her neck softly.
She blushed, "beautiful?" Then she bit her lip, "umm... thank you."

Ethan only nodded before continuing to clean her cuts and scratches, moving slowly down to her collar bone.

"Seems like we'll be here awhile," he mused. "Until you get better, or someone finds us. Whichever happens first."
Ivy nodded her head weakly, "I-I'm sorry I got us... us into this mess. It was... an accident, promise."
"You didn't get us into anything," he reassured. "It was just an accident. I'm glad you're okay."

Ethan swabbed at the area just above her chest briefly before adding, "And your wish is my command. I'll do anything to make you feel better, Ivy. Just…unfortunately this time, I can't kiss a scratch on the knee and make it feel better."

He smirked at her softly, continuing to wipe at the cuts.

She shrugged lightly, watching his face as he gradually began to move downwards, inspecting and cleaning every little cut and scrape to her skin. It would have been nice to return to their days as children, able to keep a secret because no big feelings were involved. However, at the same time she was glad that they had found one another in their adulthood - she was convinced that was why she returned to the old house so much, subconsciously hoping one day Ethan would be there.
Ivy knew that a true relationship could blossom from this, their dedication to one another as children never waivering even in their later years. And even though it was a scary prospect - he being human and she of the fae - it was exhilerating, as well. Ivy's mother had always said she had a tendency to break rules.

"Tell me something interesting about your world," she breathed quietly, the searing pain now graduating to a dull ache in her limbs. Ivy wondered if she was actually feeling better or if she was just getting used to the pain.
"Hmm," Ethan murmured with a slight grin. "Probably the freedom. You're village is so compact - practically everyone knows everyone. But in our world, you could live hundreds of miles away from the people you love."
Ivy's face contorted, "that sounds awful." She enjoyed the close proximity to her family and loved ones, feeling as though seperation left her empty.
"For some people," he mused. "As much as I love my dad, I enjoyed the freedom. Y'know, there's some things I'd rather do without my dad around." A tiny snicker escaped his lips.
She raised an eyebrow, "are you trying to tell me something, Ethan?"
His eyes widened momentarily, although a playful grin remained on his lips. "Not really. Just stating facts."

Ivy rolled her eyes playfully, temporarily forgetting her pain and feeling like they were naive kids again, bantering back and forth.
As they talked, Ethan progressed across her shoulders and arms, ensuring that she was clean. Ivy appreciated his great concern and gentleness with her, treating her like glass. She couldn't help but notice, however, how the young man seemed to avoid certain areas of her body. And everytime his hand slipped, his face would redden and he'd hastily move away, leading Ivy to believe that it had something to do with the sexuality of his world. She was generally unphased, her customs and world so different than this; still, the ways of the human race greatly intrigued her, and she wished to press Ethan for more.

Ethan had no idea if Ivy wanted him to…touch her in that way, so he remained in respectable places like her shoulders, eventually adjusting their body in a position so her legs were turned somewhat towards him so he run the rag first over her scratched lower legs. Of course being the guy Ethan was, he couldn't help but sneak a brief stare over her body, and in spite of the cuts, it was still just as gorgeous, albeit much more developed now.

"Your turn," he responded, running the rag over her knees. "Name something interesting about your world. Something I don't know."
She smiled, "well, in general men have over fifty children, and women bare at least ten. But because we act as a community, their care isn't generally dependant on just those people."
Ethan raised his brows in surprise. On average, women in his country at least, bore about two per household. So, ten? Christ. "Would you ever give birth to ten children?" he asked, amusedly.
Ivy shrugged and met his eyes, "I think there is more out there for me than just motherhood."

Ethan smiled softly, moving the rag up to her lower thighs but remaining there. "Good, because I think so too."

Ivy was so much more than just some child-baring machine for a guy that viewed her as nothing more than an object. She was intelligent, driven, and extremely talented. Ethan couldn't imagine her devoting her entire life to children; as good as she was with them. Not when she could be doing something else like making a change. Ethan supposed that was the American in him speaking, but he still fervently believed in her.

Ivy didn't want Ethan to believe that she was oppressed because her kind were meant to reproduce so much. In fact, in her village women were much respected due to the fact that they were able to create this new life. She supposed it was just another custom of theres, so different from Ethan's American world. After all, there was such a small number of fairies that any sort of reproduction was exalted, carrying on the bloodline.
"Is it true, that you people wear so much clothing in the cities? Like long garments, that cover most of your skin?" she inquired with a blush, "my father had told us so much about the humans, but it's so difficult to believe."

Like fairies were, humans came into the world stark naked with nothing more than their skin and hair on their heads. So what had pocessed them to cover up their bodies? The only reason fairies did it was for decoration, using flowers and woven fabrics to adorn their frames. There was of course the armour that the soldiers wore, but that was an entirely different matter; apparently the men hated the thick fabric and wood that they had to wear for protection.

Ethan smirked softly, glancing up at her. "It's what's socially acceptable, yes. The amount of skin shown usually translates into your sexuality."
She cocked her head to the side, "so if you wear less, what does that say about you?"
"That you're a slut," he responded, "or very promiscuous. But I don't think that way -- it's your body, so you should be able to do what you want with it. Plus I don't think men would be complaining about too much cleavage."
She snickered likely, "a slut? That sounds so odd. So all my family must be sluts, because we don't wear much." She imagined that the areas Ethan tended to avoid on her body were the areas people seemed to need covered. But then there he was, sitting shirtless beside her. Did that make him a slut?

Ethan smiled slightly. Ivy made his society seem so ignorant, but then again, he had always thought that. Personally, he couldn't care less what a woman wore as long as she did it tastefully. Wearing shorty-shorts two sizes too small with a shirt that looked so tight it accentuated your stomach folds wasn't exactly Ethan's idea of attractive, but even then, he wasn't shoving his beliefs down someone's throat like some people enjoyed doing. Life was too short to be critical.

"It's very different in your world," he mused. It was hard to explain why being half-clothed here was different from being half-clothed in America. "And of course there's the double standard. Women are considered sluts, and men are hardly considered anything if they waltzed around shirtless. It's unfortunate, but still there."
"I don't get any of it. I would hate to wear clothing, like you people do!"
Ethan snickered. "Well that's because you've grown up on different customs. I still wear a t-shirt and pajama pants to bed, regardless if I'm here or in Chicago." Of course it's not like Ivy could walk around naked in his world because there was a law running against that, but he doubted they had laws about wearing too much clothes…or did they?
She smiled, "it's crazy, we are so close yet so different."

Ethan finished washing her thighs before placing the rag back in the bucket by the bed. "And that's what makes us work," he finished with another grin.

Strangely enough, after all the years of knowing each other, Ethan never paid mind to the fact she was worlds different from him, and he still believed that regardless of their physical appearance, and customs, they were essentially alike. They both enjoyed the same things, like the wilderness and good conversation. Wings, or clothing wouldn't change that.

Their worlds were meant to be seperated, too different to be molded together. But being able to have Ethan here and have a taste of his world was very interesting, and exhilerating, for the young woman; it was like she was walking on a line that very few of her kind were able to, if any.
She found herself so intrigued by not only Ethan's world, but the man himself. Even little quirk of his - from avoiding her breasts and upper thighs to the way he bit his lip whenever they got close - made her want to explore him more and more.

"I want to know so much more about your world," she smiled meekly, "it seems so amazing, and advanced. Now that I know there is more out there for me than just making babies and weaving clothes, I want to explore it."
Ethan grinned sincerely. "I'd love to show you. It's a lot different than here. There's cars, and huge buildings, and thousands of job opportunities. This is amazing, Ivy, but my world...it's truly great."
She rolled onto her side, wincing as pain shot through her. Ivy offered him a meek smile, "one day, I'm going to see it. I don't care what my father says. I want to see and feel it all." Of course the prospect was very unlikely, but it was sweet to dream of structures that touched the clouds and contraptions that brought you from one place to the next with ease.
"I'd love to take you," he replied sincerely, drawing tiny circles on her arm with his thumb.

Ivy brought herself closer into his chest, his skin pressing up against hers and making them both heat. She could feel his body tense, and wondered if it had to do with the fact that she could be considered a "slut", wearing so little.

She closed her eyes and asked, "what are the people like? Do they act like fairies?"

Ethan tried to keep his thoughts in control once she pressed up against him, feeling every ounce of her skin on his, and the heat that radiated from their bodies. He had never truly thought of Ivy in a sexual way until now, but quickly pushed all explicit images from his mind. Ethan knew his hormones would spike after being away from it for so long, and the fact that Ivy was ridiculously attractive didn't help matters at all.
A large portion of him had avoided her 'sensitive' areas due to the fact he didn't want to make her uncomfortable, but another side had done it so he wouldn't go too far. Hell, it was likely at this point. Being in a bed, in the middle of the forest, away from everyone.

Ethan shook his head with a snicker. "Nah. Human's aren't as mellow as fairies. Their sometimes harsh, greedy, extremely sexual beings." He wasn't exactly selling his point in terms of visiting his world, but on the flip side his kind was helpful, intelligent (for the most part) and technologically advanced.
She scrunched up her nose, "maybe I'd rather not visit!"
"No, no, no. I'm making it sound bad," he responded with another chuckle. "It's gorgeous, if you go to the right places. There's some spots where the ocean runs on forever, and you can ride trains underwater. Or helicopters over wide expanses of farm land. You'd enjoy it."
"I don't know what half of these things are, Ethan."

"Oh, right," he responded, a sheepish grin pulling at his lips. "Trains are like the cars your father have told you about, except their much longer, and take you from place to place, usually these places are far away from each other. And helicopters are sort of like cars that fly." Ethan had never had to explain such things to anyone before, so his descriptions weren't particularly the best.

"It sounds hectic," she smiled.
"It is, in a nice way," he responded with a grin.

Ivy smiled at that; Ethan painted a wild picture in her head, and she imagined that it was much different than what the human world was really like. Still, though, it was sweet to dream considering she may never see that side in her lifetime.
They laid like that for a long time, watching the sun set through the small western window of the old shack. Neither had thought to bring a latern and there was only an old broken kerosene lamp in the shack, void of any fuel. So they allowed only the light of the moon to bathe them, curled up underneath the old roof and allowing their eyes to adjust. Ivy could only make out the faint outline of Ethan's face, and the brilliant colour of his eyes.

"Ethan, can I ask you a question?" Ivy asked, breaking the silence. They must have been laying there for hours, Ethan's fingertips tracing her slight curves, drawing circles on the skin of her arms and waist.
"Of course," he responded.
Ivy bit at her lip, "why don't you touch me? It feels like you're avoiding parts of my body... and I'm only curious, is it because of the human sexuality?"
Ethan glanced at her, appearing to search for the right arrangement of words before responding. "I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable. That, and...I don't trust myself."
She cocked her head to the side, a smile still light on her features as Ethan fought for the words. "I think it's easy to forget that we are different species, Ethan. I don't understand any of your human quirks, like you don't understand fairy customs. It makes things... confusing." She didn't understand the idea that humans had sex for pleasure, or something like that could be pleasurable. Ivy assumed it was something only humans could feel.
"And also very exciting," he added with a soft grin.

Curiousity got the best of her and Ivy took Ethan's hand, pressing it up against the side of her breast. She watched him carefully, seeing his face shift with all sorts of emotions; mostly bad ones. And suddenly she was drawing away, feeling more like a wounded animal than anything else. She whispered a faint "sorry", her back pressed up against the wall.