It's the Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me not realizing this was back up. @_@ Sorry for the delay in everything. Hoping to find some more people, though!

I'm liking Matthew, so far! @Kronas17

@MST3K 4ever that's unfortunate to hear, but totally understandable. An RP isn't interesting if you aren't interested in your own character, so I understand that. If you ever find the inspiration, don't hesitate to drop by! I plan on keeping this fairly open for new players. That is if I can get it to lift off. I'm hoping it catches soon. ;(

As for my characters, I'll likely have them up and done by tomorrow. If they aren't, one of you are allowed to kick me in the butt. D;

Last edited by a moderator:
| WORK IN PROGRESS |
[spoili]
giphy.gif

Name
Charles Dylan Smith
Alias/Nickname
Charlie | Charmander
Sexuality
(Demi)Panromantic Asexual
Occupation
College Student │ Part-Time Waiter

xoxo
tumblr_m8w4jm7FLK1qdspdto1_500.gif

xoxo

Physical Appearance
You can break this up into height, weight, eye color, etc. if you so choose or lump it all together into one paragraph. I personally like to put things like dress wear and stature and how they move and speak here.

Distinguishing Features
What stands out. This can be eye color, freckles, blemishes, scars, tattoos, etc. They don't have a leg? That information goes here.

Ethnicity
British │ American

xoxo
week-in-review-robert-pattinson-gifs-kcas.gif

xoxo

Holiday
Christmas

Family

Friends
TBA

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
OPEN

Other Relationships
Anything from coworker to boss to family friend to enemy or fellow student. Whatever you feel.

xoxo
robert-pattinson-responsibility.gif

xoxo

Personality
Do give me at least one paragraph. If you prefer to list things off, then you can, but I'd ask that you give me a run down of each listed personality trait. They don't have to be a paragraph each, but if I were to combine each section, then I should be able to consider it a paragraph or more.

Dislikes

Aspirations
What do they want out of life? This can be long term or short term in relation to their goals.

Biography
At least two paragraphs of what their life has been like and where they're at now.

Miscellaneous
Anything that can't fit into the other sections. This is where you put random tidbit about your character. Are they allergic to shellfish? Do they have any pets? Did they do anything you'd like to specially note here, such astouched Beyonce's foot at a concert?

Robert-Pattinson-Hate-Wearing-Suits-Penguin-Quote.gif

[/spoili]

tumblr_lg88qg30p41qd3lh0o1_500.gif

Name
Rose Mackenzie Castle
Ethnicity
American
Relation to Character
Little Step-Sister

~○~○~
tumblr_mdx53oOaVF1rzflqao1_500.gif

~○~○~

Occupation
Elementary Student
Personality
This can literally be as long as you'd like it to be. If you prefer to list things, you don't have to describe how that relates to how they act.
Miscellaneous
Anything you deem important and necessary. Also just weird tidbits and idiosyncrasies maybe.

tumblr_lm7viqPyqW1qb550f.gif

tumblr_n91ofn8eAr1s25f60o8_250.gif

Name
Noel Ahn Jong

Alias/Nickname
N/A

Sexuality
Straight

Occupation
Employee at Nordstrom

4576b8b45286fc62a8e035c0f4af15e4.jpg

Physical Appearance
Noel just hits 5'2" and weighs about 110lbs, her fat and muscle mass about even. She has a small frame and medium colored skin that is often very dark tan in the summer. Her hair is naturally black, but often dyed blonde, wavy, and hits just above her shoulder blade. She has dark brown, almond eyes and light pink, heart shaped lips. Angie tends to draw on herself a lot, but she doesn't have any tattoo's.

Distinguishing Features
Soft skin,

Ethnicity
1/2 Korean and 1/2 Chinese.

Holiday
Christmas

Family
Zitao- Father(Dead)
Sooyoung- Mother

Friends
Open

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Open

Other Relationships
Friends at work. None other notable at the moment.

tumblr_nawk60lR5S1qjoqpzo1_500.gif

Personality
Friendly/Outgoing: Most of the time, Noel is very friendly to general public. She loves to chat with anyone about anything and doesn't hesitate to join conversations, even if the people obviously don't want to talk to her. Noel is also very good at including people in things and making them feel wanted.
Independent/Stubborn: Noel is a very independent thinker and holds to her opinions to the point of insanity. She does not follow the crowd nor is swayed by others opinions. If she doesn't want to do something, she will most likely not do it. Noel doesn't like to be normal, in fact it could be considered a fear of hers, and she tends to go against the trends. Usually in a wild way.
Perseverance: When encountering something scary or a daunting, Noel is that person that won't ask questions but instead will march on through it, thinking of only the positive things that will result. She has amazing patience when doing things, less so with people, but still has a very long fuse.
Smart/Logical: noel is a very logical, Black-and-White thinker. She has very clear lines of good and bad and will not cross them. She looks at problems very logically and learns things quickly when she tries. The only bad thing about it is, Noel also assumes others see it the same as her, so she gets irritated when they don't understand quickly.

Dancing, Eating healthy, Exercising, Experiencing new things, Cold/Cloudy Weather, Little things, Sparkly or Expensive Clothes/Jewelry, Dogs, Sweets, Swimming, Her Family, Spending Time with Friends, Cuddling, Talking, Exploring, Watermelon, Cucumbers, Olives, Pizza, Fruit Drinks, Cleaning...

Dislikes
Opinionated People(They conflict with her), Sunny/Hot Days, Salty Foods, Plain things, Getting Dirty, Rats, Fast Food, Donuts, Long Movies, Being Alone, Squirrels, Sour Things...

Aspirations
To establish herself a career in the acting business and possibly get married.

Biography
Noel was adopted at the age of 6 into a childless family, then raised in Boston, MA. She started learning to show interest in acting, influenced by her mother, and appeared in her first commercial at the age of 9. When Noel entered middle school, she became a target for bullies because of her weak stature and other smaller 'issues'. This caused Noel to start seeing herself as of little importance and allowing others to bully her physically and mentally. However, after meeting her best friend Noel began getting more confident and started acting more confident. Throughout high school Noel went from a shy, reserved young lady to an almost too independent, opinionated, unique girl. She also began working out and eating healthy to keep up her image for the commercials she had begun to do. Moving down to Chicago due to a job transfer only a year before, Noel has just become familiar with the people of Chicago and their way of life.

Miscellaneous
She still has a very strong Boston accent.

@A Bowl of Petunias

emily-rudd-beautiful.jpg

Name
Angelina Sapphire O'Conner

Alias/Nickname
Angie, Snow White, Raven

Sexuality
Straight

Occupation
Bank Teller, Part time Commercial model

a8d945761afeab60cf38dc58bd53a3dc.jpg

Physical Appearance
Angelina is an average height of 5'5" and weighs 117 lbs, mostly consisting of lean muscle. She has fair skin to contrast her medium, raven black hair that hits just below her shoulder blades. Angie's eyes are light blue, and in some lights green, her lips are full and naturally light pink.

Distinguishing Features
She has three small dots behind her left ear as a birthmark. She always has some sort of drawing on her, however, they're never tattoos. (Typically Henna or something she's drawn)

Ethnicity
1/2 Scottish 1/2 British

Holiday
Christmas.

Family
Mother- Elaine
Father- Arthur
Older Sister- Lola
Older Brother- Sheen
Younger Sister- Bethany
Friends
Devon

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
N/A

Other Relationships
None notable.

Personality
Angelina is a joyful, energetic, live-in-the-moment type of girl. She's friendly and chatty around her friends, but tends to act shy and reserved when meeting new people. Angie is a health nut and loves to be active. She is generally knowledgable, always seeking an answer to her questions, and has an amazing memory. Angelina is compassionate to most people, but if you've proven yourself mean or rude, she will usually avoid you or ignore you. Angie has a hard time forgiving people when they've wronged her or someone she cares about. She's very opinionated, often struggling to hold her tongue, and struggles with trying not to be bossy to people. Angelina has a strong sense of justice and thinks in a very black and white way. Without a continuos system or plan, she would feel unaccomplished at the end of the day. Angie tends to be prideful and it takes a lot to admit when she's wrong. Though, she has trouble with seeing herself as pretty and relies of people to feel pretty. Angie is very competitive but tries to hide it so she won't get embarrassed if she looses.

Cold weather, Vegetables, Bright Colors, Animals, People, Video Games, History, Comfort Food, Music, Experiencing New Things, Exercise, Dancing, Singing, Writing, Helping People, pastries...

Dislikes
The dark, deep water, hot weather, being surprised, getting dirty, Coffee, donuts, repeating herself, meat...

Aspirations
She is happy with her life right now, though she would never admit it, Angie wants to get married and have a family.

Biography
Angelina grew up in a fairly large, yet well off family. At the age of 6, Angie's parents sent her and her siblings to a boarding school in London to get a better education. She was a good child throughout middle school and high school, always expanding her knowledge and seeking to do more things. At the age of 18, just after graduation high school, Angie moved back down to Chicago to live with her parents again and began working at her fathers bank. After her 21st birthday Angelina moved out and once again lived on her own, though she still worked at her fathers bank.

Miscellaneous
Angelina is allergic to nuts and mushrooms. She has lots of fish...

tumblr_niqq4qNgs31qanb1xo1_500.png

[spoili]
Name
Wolfram J. Beck

Alias/Nickname
Wolf, Fenrir, Fen

Sexuality
Homosexual

Occupation
Photographer

Physical Appearance

tumblr_npbp6pUY7p1ur3ohyo1_500.gif

Distinguishing Features

Ethnicity
French-German

Holiday
Christmas

Family
Father - Harrison Beck

Mother - Diana Beck

Blythe-Danner-0001.gif

Daughter - Raina Beck

Friends
TBD

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
TBD

Other Relationships
TBD

tumblr_noek4gCs511ur3ohyo2_500.gif

Personality

Dislikes

Aspirations
Finding Closure

tumblr_no5yvaz5IZ1uv2hu0o1_500.gif

Biography

Miscellaneous
[/spoili]

___

max-greenfield-435.jpg

[spoili]
Name
Ezra Rosenberg

Alias/Nickname
Ez, Rosen, East

Sexuality
Homoromantic Demisexual

Occupation
Assistant and Heir to Fortune 500 Company (Vacuums, they sell top of the line Vacuums; believe it or not, it's a billion dollar company)

Physical Appearance
A tall fellow, standing at about 6'2", Ezra boasts an odd frame. He's athletic to a tee and keeps his body as fit and healthy as humanly possible, but he doesn't quite look the type to be running a business. Well, maybe not running it, more like acting as the business' model for their eventual article in Time magazine or whatever top of the line business magazines there are. Ezra just gives the impression that he's not quite the smart cookie and it may lie in the way he walks. The air about him tends to feel contrite, kind of over the top, as is natural for a personality like him. It's like that feeling that someone's got this giant ego, yet it doesn't have that same taste to it, like there's nothing really there to back it up.

Regardless, Ezra does at least have his looks to fall back on and his health. With angular, soft features like his, people tend to consider him more of a gentle type. More like, he's looks harmless and he damn well acts like it too. People tend to gravitate toward him either for the fact that he's legitimately amicable or he seems like a good person to use and manipulate. With blue eyes and slicked back hair, and that tendency to dress as business formal as he can on any situation, it's usually the latter that he attracts in the more business oriented folk. He may look just a tad stuck up, though, despite his bravado, Ezra is anything but.

tumblr_nkz3dwEL2B1tb7049o5_500.gif

Distinguishing Features
Freckles, just a lot of freckles that dot his shoulder and back. No where else. And possibly a lot of moles, as well. Other than that, his religion kind of put him off from getting any permanent tattoos or even piercings and he may be an incredible pansy when it comes to things like that. He doesn't have an irrational fear of needles for nothing. That scar running parallel to the vein on his bicep is nothing to boast about. It's essentially the product of a vaccination gone horrible wrong when he was a child. Thought how the nurse snapped the needle in the first place is beyond anyone else, luckily, they were fired on the spot for mentally scarring a child for the entirety of his lifespan—also endangering a child and accidental malpractice.

Ethnicity
Jewish Canadian

Holiday
Hanukkah

Family
Father - Lee Haverson Rosenberg

"Dyson can shove it up his ass. If they steal one more goddamn idea from me, I'm gonna personally Miley Cyrus their building. I came in like a wrecking ball and I'm not afraid of getting sued for manslaughter."
-Lee Haverson Rosenberg... on another Bender
"I'm not saying I'm Steve Jobs or anything... no, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm the Steve Jobs equivalent of the Vacuum industry."
-Lee

tumblr_mxln0ejU5c1qhub34o1_500.gif

Mother - Wynonna Rosenberg-Peterson

"Your mom's a goddamn hipster trying to act like she's some hot shit 20 year old. With those crow's feet, I can't imagine she passes fr 60. Talking about acting in Indie films and taking up her own Indie production studio. I wonder what's next? She gonna buy out 21 Pilots or some shit? Ohoho, not before she sleep with all the members; gotta put the Wynonna stamp of approval, first. After she dusts and oils that thing, of course."
-Lee Rosenberg

Ma31mEI.gif

Stepfather - Daniel Dane Peterson

"Your husband? That son of a bitch is a pile of hippie shit who doesn't know the difference between the Dalai Lama and a dumbass Hollywood sellout if it smacked him in his Kwanzaa loving face. The more shit he spits about Guatama Buddha and existentialism the more I want to punch him in his nonexistent Adam's apple."
-Lee Rosenberg on a Bender

tumblr_m3svdh9ujf1rvtloxo2_500.gif

Brother - Dale Rosenberg

"When you look into my heart, bro, this is what you'll see. This. This, right here. It's my life, man. All of this: the very nature of my existence. I would not be Dale Rosenberg without it. It wouldn't be true without Dale Rosenberg. I. Am. This."
-Dale on [Insert Radical Major Here]
"That kid changes occupations as much as I change therapists."
-Wynonna

tumblr_inline_miztxnFpLn1qz4rgp.gif

Sister - Roxanne "Moxie" Rosenberg

"This is literally killing my ovaries. If I go to my gynecologist tomorrow and find out I'm infertile, it's because of this. Calling it."
-Roxanne concerning her brother's so called 'Modern Art'

tumblr_lu0gzoD3rb1qcfjva.gif

tumblr_njaqpaHaoV1sc0g5go3_500.gif

Friends
Open

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
N/A (Open for Potential Relationships)

Other Relationships
Garret McDermott - Best Friend - 25

Hyde Park (Apartment)

tumblr_nkvpbzLL341r4aa4yo1_540.gif

Personality
A man of utmost bravado—bravado as in, "I GOT THIS," and not as in, "I actually know how to do this." A multi-layered man suffocated by the unyielding need for charisma and confidence that it has choked and buried the part of him that truly is Ezra Rosenberg. With a know-it-all intelligence that hides his actual intellect and a confidence that shoves the impassioned boy beneath, Ezra comes off as an individual with an insatiable need for approval. Oddly enough, both his mother and father gave him that as a child and well into his years past college. But a parent's opinion only gets one so far and Ezra contains a need for the love one gathers from the public. Such a thing grew a facade of an ego within his own subconscious and the over the top confidence that makes Ezra always seem like he's trying far too hard for one thing.

Beneath it all, however, lies a very reserved man who lacks actual direction in his life. Direction with which he gives the reigns to his father and more or less feels content with where he's been steered. Well, maybe not so, as Ezra has deep regrets for where he finds himself. Unfortunately for him, charisma is a businessman's deadliest weapon and Ezra lacks that. Much more, he lacks the confidence to pursue a decision and contains the indecisiveness of a squirrel. Ezra knows that he wants something, he just doesn't exactly know what that is and until he does, he's content to follow which ever path his father carves for him. Of course, that's not to say that he's not undoubtedly worried for his own future as his life comes flashing before his eyes because Ezra certainly is. It's just the fact that he has absolutely no idea how to obtain the future he wants.

Regardless, Ezra more than makes up for his downfalls with an uncanny intelligence and witticism that rarely finds a man that lacks the gull to use it. Little hush tones under his breath and the occasionally quip here and there are enough for him. What more, Ezra contains a problem solving skill unmatched by many of his peers and an investigative nature that bounds research for little reason but to satiate his own curiosity. He loves to know more about situations and things and less about the people surrounding them. Despite having his confidence rooted in others, Ezra prefers things other than people to look toward. It's not quite that he's a misanthrope, it's more that he knows other human beings tend to be his downfall. In spite of that, however, Ezra tends to treat people with as much respect as he can, usually more than necessary, and with a kindness that not many people care to show. Of course, Ezra tends to be far more subtle in his actions than most and, despite the opinions of others concerning his need for attention, Ezra actually dislikes attracting too much. He can get overwhelmed quite easily.

~ Food in General
~ Rooftop Terraces
~ Warmth
~ Napping
~ Hot, Bubbles Baths
~ Cycling
~ Fancy Clothes
~ Marvel
~ Phil Coulson

Dislikes
~ Being Cold
~ Catching a Cold
~ Loud Noises
~ Thunderstorms
~ DC Comics
~ Country Music
~ Iceland
~ Needles
~ Wasps
~ Crowded Rooms

Aspirations
To find purpose in life other than following in his father's footsteps.
To settle down with a guy.
To finally have one holiday month that doesn't end in a debacle over his mother's life choices and his father's alcohol problem. And to actually get his brother and sister in one room with their parents.

tumblr_nk95lrNqcB1s858cko1_500.gif

Biography
Being accustomed to the quiet life of a businessman and his Hollywood wife—wait, no, that life couldn't have been louder if they'd shoved everyone into a sound proof room. From the beginning, everything turned up hectic, even for the family's children, regardless of who came first. However, being the oldest had its issues and they usually tended to fair on the more troublesome side than Dale and Roxanne's problems. To be fair, Ezra tended to shove himself into his own messes. For a child to do that to himself, most people thought he lacked any kind of intelligence, when in reality, Era lacked contentment in what he did. Nothing ever interested the boy fro too long and that became a rather large issue growing up. Not to say the boy had commitment issues because the friends and bonds he made tended to stay put for quite longer than average. It was simply what Ezra did or wanted to do that fell off for him—that was the type of commitment he couldn't handle. Married to his work? Hell no.

Unfortunately, both parents had sunk themselves far too deep into their own problems and mistakes to care about the ones their children made. That didn't mean they didn't have to time for them, it just meant they tended to brush aside the negative things in favor of embellishing the good in their lives. That usually came in the form of a lot, a lot of money.

Miscellaneous

tumblr_nk95lrNqcB1s858cko2_500.gif

[/spoili]​

This looks interesting! :D I think I may join, if there's an open space?

This looks interesting! :D I think I may join, if there's an open space?

Why yes there is, certainly!

Take as much time on sheets as you need.

And if you need anything just ask! ;D

sanam1.jpg

Name
Ani Edwin

Born April 11th

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Occupation
Archaeology Intern at the Field Museum of Natural History

Physical Appearance
Ani is of an average height and build, standing at 5' 5" and weighing about 125 lbs. She makes an effort to stand tall when she's walking and keep a composed stance to make up for how she slouches so terribly when she sits at a desk (and she sits at desks a lot). Her hair is a dark brown -- almost black -- and her eyes are a matching chocolatey color with hazel specks that show in the sunlight.

Distinguishing Features
She has never cut her hair before in her life, so when she lets her hair down, it hangs almost below her butt.

Ethnicity
Ani's grandparents on her mother's side are immigrants from the state of Punjab in India. Her father's side is fully American, but still of Indian decent.

Holiday
She celebrates Christmas and New Year's, as well as Diwali and Bandi Shor Divas. The latter two holidays coincide and occur on the same day normally; the difference is that Diwali and Bandi Shor Divas are usually celebrated in October or November. However, Ani's family has made it a tradition of their own that Christmas and Diwali be mingled together and celebrated on the same day in late December. The biggest reason for this is that, as the kids grew up and went off to college, it was just easier for everyone to save up vacation days (or plan for term breaks) at the end of December instead of requesting days off here and there over the couple of months. Since that was the best time for the whole extended family to come together, this eclectic holiday mingling of Christmas and Diwali was the result.

Family
Lali Kaur Edwin (Mother - 48 yrs)
Haneet Edwin (Father - 51 yrs)
Naveen Edwin (Older Brother - 29 yrs)

Friends

~ Lishan Solomon ~
Ani frequently visits Lishan's coffee shop, EthniciTea. The two have hence become quite friendly, and Lishan even uses Ani as a guinea pig, having her try all sorts of new concoctions before new things get added to the menu. Ani enjoys visiting the coffee shop; she finds it has a calming atmosphere, and its there that she feels most at ease and like herself.

~ Ashton Clyde Baylor ~
Ani ran into Ashton after work one day as he was taking a tour group to see the Field Museum of Natural History. He was quite flirtatious with her and had given her his phone number. After running off in a fluster, Ani later realized that she could use Ashton to get her parents off her back, who were growing increasingly concerned over the fact that Ani still hadn't brought any boys home ever over her 23 years of life. So she gets to thinking that she can use Ashton to go on a few dates and bring someone home for the holidays, just to make her parents happy -- little did she know, it would blossom into something more.

(Future) Boyfriend
N/A

Other Relationships
{will fill this in soon!}

Ani lives in a small (1 bedroom, 1 bath) apartment, located on the seventh floor within an apartment complex building. It's not too shabby of a place -- plenty big enough for one person and cheap enough for an intern in archaeology to afford. The only thing unfortunate about it is the noisy company next door and upstairs.

Personality

~ Determined and Hard-Working ~
People always told Ani there was nothing to be gained in studying anthropology and archaeology, but she knew that wasn't true. Sure, pursuing a life in this field wouldn't be as easy as it would have been had she studied something else, but Ani was passionate about her studies and never lost sight of what was important to her. That's how she'd always been. When she sets her sights on a goal she truly cares about, there's nothing that can stop her. In fact, she sort of develops tunnel vision in this regard -- which is a good thing, because she works nonstop until the end is achieved. But also a bad thing because... well, she works nonstop.

~ Logical, yet Emotionally Invested ~
Ani was always highly logical in almost everything she did. Her thoughts, her actions, her words... everything. This was especially present in her academic work, as she was always an excellent student because of it. However, that is not to say Ani is a robot. On the contrary, she gets very passionate about lots of things and always fully invests herself in whatever she chooses to do. In short -- if you'll pardon the saying -- Ani rarely half-asses anything.

~ Protected and Wary ~
Over the years, Ani has become quite distant from people. Not necessarily obviously so -- in fact, most people have trouble reading her. Besides the fact that she has a strangely deadpanned resting face, she also just intentionally chooses not to talk about her own feelings or issues with people. She considers them her own burden and doesn't want to bother other people in dealing with them.

~ thrift stores
~ Bollywood films
~ soccer
~ animals
~ old trinkets or historic stuff

Dislikes
~ math
~ football
~ shopping at the mall
~ flirting (mostly because she's terrible at it and doesn't understand it)
~ driving

Aspirations

Ani plans on continuing down the path of archaeology and biological anthropology. She intends to gain some museum experience before going on to graduate school in a couple years. And perhaps, in the long run, she'd love to end up doing field work at a couple of grave sites from ancient Mesopotamia.

Romantically, however, Ani has no clue what she's doing. She wants to meet a guy, if only to stop her parents from pestering her, but she continues to battle with herself over whether she should chase after her old professor again, seeing as she's technically no longer his student.

Biography

Ani grew up in quite a normal household. She was raised Sikh by her mother, but she's mostly faded out of practice since moving away from home. Growing up, Ani always loved to play pretend -- she was fierce and adventurous, knowing from a very young age that she wanted to travel the world and learn about all different kinds of places. Her family was supportive and encouraging of Ani's wild and fun imagination, so it wasn't truly a surprise that, when she graduated high school, she wanted to study archaeology and anthropology in college. Though her parents tried to convince her otherwise, mostly for reasons of financial and job security, she wouldn't listen.

Ani loved college -- and perhaps for more reason than just the cool books and dusty old artifacts she studied. In her sophomore year, she ended up falling in love with one of her professors (who had been recently divorced), and they started dating -- in secret, of course. As if the eleven-year age gap wasn't enough of a scandal, he was a professor in her major track. Despite the risks, this continued quietly for almost two whole years. It was only a matter of time before someone found out and everything fell apart. Just before Ani's senior year, another professor discovered them and brought up the issue to the Dean of Faculty, who decided it would be best to brush everything under the carpet. Hence, Ani and her professor were forced to end their relationship and never associate. They had to pretend like none of it had ever happened, and they never spoke to each other again. By the end of the year, Ani was heartbroken to learn that her professor had actually gotten back together with his ex-wife, and she figured her shot was entirely ruined after that.

Ani completed her senior year and graduated, successfully obtaining an internship at the Field Museum of Natural History. She never told her parents about the relationship, and to this day, they still bother her constantly (all in good fun, of course) about when she'll start bringing boys home. Ani knows they do it jokingly, but she feels like there's a knife in her heart every time the subject comes up -- because she knows her mother does desperately want her to find someone and get married, but she still hasn't been able to get over what happened. But that part of her has been buried deep down inside, hidden away where Ani hopes it will shrivel up and die out soon enough.

Miscellaneous
~ Was on the soccer team in high school, but dropped sports in college. Misses being an athlete.
~ Plays the cello.
~ Loves to read and write, and is currently working on a short novel.
~ Refuses to drink coffee, occasionally drinks tea.
~ Loves American-Chinese food.
~ Will only eat bananas if they're smothered in peanut butter.

saima-noor-300x223.jpg

Name
Lali Kaur Edwin

Ethnicity
Punjabi

Relation to Character
Lali is Ani's mother.

Occupation
Stay-at-home mom.

A medium-sized house (3 bedrooms, 2 baths) in the suburbs outside of Chicago, about a half-hour out of the city.

Personality
Lali is caring, protective, and doting. She doesn't hover over her children, but she does feel the need to be involved and feel like she's helping.

Miscellaneous
Her parents were immigrants from Punjab, India.
She is Sikh and has raised her children as such.

~ ~ ~ * * * ~ ~ ~

About-The-Great-Actor-Shahrukh-Khan.jpg

Name
Haneet Edwin

Ethnicity
Punjabi

Relation to Character
Haneet is Ani's father.

Occupation
Businessman.

A medium-sized house (3 bedrooms, 2 baths) in the suburbs outside of Chicago, about a half-hour out of the city.

Personality
Haneet is a real joker -- lighthearted and fun, he always kept the house from getting too serious growing up. He is responsible and equally as caring as his wife, Lali.

Miscellaneous
He is not religious himself, but he has agreed with Lali that she could raise their kids Sikh.
He and his family are from New Jersey.

~ ~ ~ * * * ~ ~ ~

p183-waris-ahluwalia-2011.jpg

Name
Naveen Edwin

Ethnicity
Punjabi / American

Relation to Character
Naveen is Ani's older brother.

Occupation
Graphic Designer.

Lives in an apartment in New York City with his newly-wed wife.

Personality
Naveen definitely takes after his father, as he is just as much of a lighthearted joker. Like his sister, he has a strong sense of loyalty and responsibility to his family.

Miscellaneous
Naveen lives and works in New York City and comes down to Chicago to visit his family during holiday seasons.
He is recently married, and he and his wife are planning to have a child soon.

• Love
Reactions: Endless Cosmos
Thinking about joining! xD

29_Gallaz_Ruby_Rose0002.jpg
Name: Justine Kelly Masterson

Nickname:
Master- Only her two brothers call her this. This Nickname was earned when Justine was a child. The three siblings played Truth, a more specific version of Truth or Dare; where no question is off limits and if the person is caught lying consequences are to follow. Justine was only ten when she played this, but the stone cold face she plastered on and the hardcore questions she asked intimidated her older brothers to the point they couldn't even dream of telling a lie. Since than they called her Master.
Other than that, no Nickname has been given.

Alias: The Iron Lady- This Alias is from when Justine was in the Law-game. If there was anyone more threatening (in a good yet scary way) than her mother, it was Justine. During her time served as a lawyer, Justine seemed to never lose a case; mostly because her opposing side seemed to be so frightened of the solid case she seemed to present every time.

Sexuality: Bisexual -Leans towards men

Owner of a nightclub called Breathe (Current)
Partner in mother's law firm (No longer, there was a fall-out between mother and daughter will be revealed, slowly, in IC)

Physical Appearance
Height: 5,8"
Weight: 135lbs
Eye color: Blue/Gray
Blood type: O+
Dress type: Suits on occasion, Dresses that are edgy, Tanks, Skinny jeans, Dark colors or White.

Distinguishing Features.
-Justine has multiple tattoos that seem to be countless. Many have meaning behind them, but that is a long list that will take forever to explain.
-Has a scar under her left ear about an inch wide. This accord when Justine was defending a client accused of Murder, and well the family of the deceased wasn't happy when she got her client off, free of all charges.

Ethnicity
Justine's heritage can fall within for main categories: American, German, Australian, British.

Holiday
Christmas

Family
Idina Catherine Pope- Biological Mother – 56
Henry James Masterson- Biological Father- 59
Kyle Gregory Pope- Step Father- 47
Devon Sylvester Masterson- Biological Brother- 29
Michael Anthony Masterson- Biological Brother - 26

Friends
Katrina McGeorge- Bestfriend- 26

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
None (Open to this though)

Other Relationships
Greg Freeman- Coworker at Breathe

Personality
Hopeless romantic: Justine seems to fall extremely easy for either sex. She chooses to ignore if there are red flags going up everywhere for a chance at love.

Manipulative: Especially when it came to her cases, Justine can be very manipulative and make people do things they normally wouldn't do. Now in the club, she defiantly uses that on her manager when she doesn't feel like working.

Caring: At the end of the day, Justine, is a caring person, especially towards her family.

Stubborn: She can be extremely stubborn at times and will refuse to change her mind when it comes to matters she believes in.

Intelligent: Justine is extremely intelligent. She graduated early from high school, and top of her class at Princeton. She major in Law, and Business.

Emotional: When it really comes down to it, and she is alone, she is prone to a good cry now and again. With all the stress of life, she has to take anti-depresses pills and well sometimes they just don't work.

Secretive: When it is for a good cause, or something she really doesn't want to get out, Justine can keep a secret.

Investigator: Sometimes, Justine, will make it her job to learn everything humanly possible about you.

German Chocolate cake, Friday the 13th​ (movie), Walks in Hyde Park, Her niece April, The smell of rain, Sitting by the fire with a good book, Scary movies, Dirty dancing(the movie), Her family, Her brothers, Her father, Italian pasta, cooking, TV.

Dislikes
The gym, Her mother, Mosquitos, Spiders, Dark Chocolate (Candy bars), Breaking bones, The Hiccups, Allergies, Hairless Cats.

Aspirations
Lately all, Justine, has been wanting to do is have a choice in her life. (To be free to do things her way).
To find the one

Biography
Growing up in Southside's Hyde Park, Justine knew the value of wealth. She wasn't necessarily spoiled, but what she wanted she got. Born to her Mother Idina, a much sought after Lawyer, and Henry Masterson, a business man on Wall Street, Justine had wealth pumped through her veins. Though she had to earn what she got in life, just like her parents had to.
Justine sacrificed countless hours of sleep just to be a step ahead of the rest in school; resulting in a two year early graduation, and invitations to Princeton, Harvard, Brown, and so many universities. Ultimately, she chose Princeton and attended the next fall. She majored in Law and Business; and Graduated top of her class.
After College was done and over with, for now, Justine joined forces with her mother in the family Law firm, and paved her way to success. She started off with some small cases to get her name out there and then dove into some pretty big national headliners. Something she could defiantly say is, she went undefeated in the courtroom, which made her one of Chicago's highest paid lawyer.
Though when an incident between her mother and her, Justine pulled the plug on her lawyer days. A month without a job, Justine decided to do something fun and risky with her life. She opened a nightclub by the name of Breathe. She named it this mostly to remind herself to stop and breathe once in a while.

Miscellaneous
Justine is highly allergic to Shellfish.
She is slightly allergic to pollen.
Her first concert was Bon Jovi.
Her favorite show is Supernatural.
She loves to cook, and does so pretty well.

tumblr_mhxcxfVFPp1r574emo1_500.jpg

Name: Michael Anthony Masterson

Nickname: Ark Angel- Michael earned this Nickname/Alias when he was in High School. This was given to him by his football buddies, and of course his two younger siblings, Devon and Justine. He can be very defensive of people, hints his position of defensive lineman in football.

Sexuality: Heterosexual (Closet Bisexual)

FBI Agent.

Physical Appearance:
Height: 6,2"
Weight: 198lbs
Eye color: Sky blue
Blood type: AB-
Dress type: Suits, Cargo shorts and tanks, button-up shirt, V-neck shirts.

Distinguishing Features
Scar: Michael was in a motorcycle accident a few years back, this left him with a large scar from his left shoulder down to his bellybutton.
Tattoo: "Words filled with hate leave only hate. Words with love leave love, joy, and happiness." Tattooed on his right shoulder blade.

Ethnicity
Michael's heritage can be traced back to Germany, Australia, Britain and of course where he was born America.
Holiday
Christmas.

Family
Devon Sylvester Masterson- Biological Brother- 26
Justine Kelly Masterson- Biological Sister- 25
April Bethany Masterson- Biological Daughter- 5

Friends
Marcus Grant- Best friend- 30
Hazel Grant- Best friend's wife, and friend- 27

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Currently in the middle of a divorce from Ex-wife Katy Long.
(OPEN)

Other Relationships
Jack Nickelson- Coworker- 42

Personality
Protective: Michael can be very protective over anyone, anything, especially his daughter.
Nurturing: Michael loves his daughter more than anything, and will do anything for her. He encourages her each day to be the best she can be.
Caring: The Masterson care is like no other. Once they care for you, they won't ever stop. Michael will do almost anything for someone he cares about.
Ambitious: Michael likes to really strive in life, love, and work. He pushes himself to succeed every day.
Intelligent: Just like Justine, Michael graduated from an Ivy League school. Unlike, Justine, Michael did not attend Princeton, but instead to the route of Yale, where he majored in Business and Computer Science.
Hot-Head: Michael can have a bit of a temper, and when he does it's like a tornado hits. Though he never lays a hand on someone even when they deserve it.

Classical Music, His Family, Cereal, Scary movies, Chick flicks (Don't ask), Parmesan Chicken, Tacos, The gym, His work, Fudge brownies, Lightning storms, Swimming, Hot chocolate, Building snowmen, Superhero Movies.

Dislikes
Food Poisoning, His Ex-wife, Cold weather, Blizzards, His step-father, Top-O-Ramon, MTV.

Aspirations
To win his custody battle against his Ex.
To be happy.
To bring his family together for the holidays.
To come-out of the closest to His mother, Father, and brother (Justine already knows).

Biography
Micheal, like his sister, grew up in a household with riches, though he had to earn his way through his childhood, teenage years and even the beginning of college.
Micheal attended Brown university, where he meet his wife and mother of his children, Katy. The pair dated, on and off again, for two years before Michael popped the question at graduation. Katy accepted and two years later, she would deliver their first, and only child together, April.
By this time, Michael, secured a job as a FBI agent, stationed in Chicago, IL, his home town. He was happy to be hiding home, but Katy wasn't all to excited for a new city. That was only the start of the problems as a married couple, but for sure the one that doomed the relationship.
For quite some time, since high school to be exact, Michael knew he was into both men and women, and well knew Katy wasn't in favor of that, so he kept his sexuality quite. He told no one, but his sister, Justine. When Katy obtained knowledge of his sexuality a few months ago, she was mad about it. It wasn't even the fact of him hiding it from her, it was the fact of him being bisexual. Though the feelings of anger wasn't routed within Michael's sexuality, in fact it was his home town, him working there, and them living there. For years, Katy wanted to move to some place like New York or California, but Michael couldn't because he couldn't be transferred. Katy grew so tired of the excuse that when he came out to her, she let out her rage.
Now with the divorce well underway, both parties agree in the divorce, Michael has to fight for the light of his life, April. For some reason, unknown, Katy took him to court for a custody battle; saying he was a unfit parent. All Michael wants is to be able to see April and be apart of her life, fully, but Katy doesn't want that.

Miscellaneous
Has a dog named Zeus.

98eedfd30cd8f55457c29c24019d2569.jpg

Name: Devon Sylvester Masterson

Nickname:
Survivor- Devon earned this Nickname from his friends and family when he was in a high speed collision, which should have killed him, and he survived. The drawback, he survived alone, and he lost feeling in his left arm, though he can still use it.
Black sheep- Given to Devon by his Mother. Devon isn't her ideal son, like she believes Michael to be, he is the complete opposite.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Tattoo Artist- Chicago Ink. (Part owner.)

Physical Appearance
Height: 6,0"
Weight: 189.3lbs
Eye color: Blue/Gray
Dress type: Mostly like his picture above

Tattoos:
Right Partial Sleeve
Right forearm

Left partial sleeve

Ethnicity
Devon hales from Germany, Australia, Britain, and of course American.

Holiday
Christmas

Family
Devon Sylvester Masterson- Biological Brother- 26
Michael Anthony Masterson- Biological Brother - 29

Friends
Lukas Beckham- Best bud- 26
Carrie Hover- Friend/Ex- 24

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
OPEN

Other Relationships
Lukas Beckham- Tattoo artist.- 25
Lily Garland- Tattoo Artist-21
Pullman- house (Yellow door), Shares this with Lukas.
Personality
Independent: Devon relies on no one but himself. Especially since his own mother turned her back on him for wanting to be an artist.
Protective: Even from a far, Devon watches over his family.
Artistic: Devon has done some of the best tats that have ever come out of Chicago.
Creative: Devon's mind wonders to a place beyond this world. He likes to see things with an open mind and a creative hook.
Kind: No caring where you come from, who you were, or what you have done, Devon sees everyone as equals and treats them kindly.
Caring: Like I said the Masterson Care runs in the family (Except Idina).

Superhero movies, Jurassic park trilogy, Pasta, food, chocolate milk, coco puffs, Call of Duty, Tattoos, Drawing, Reading, Pool, Swimming, Sledding, The Gym, Getting to Know people, His siblings, Christmas, rain.

Dislikes
His mother, People who are closed minded, Shrimp, Christmas (Will be explained why he hates and likes it), Ginger bread, Fruit cake, Slush, down pours when he isn't inside or has no umbrella.

Aspirations
To be a famous tattoo artist.
To be a part of his own family again
To build a family of his own.

Biography

Devon wasn't always particularly liked by his mother, like Michael and Justine were. Instead he was his father's favorite. Devon always had this creative side to him and it shined above all other aspects of his life. He was never good with fractions, or balancing chemical formulas, but he was good a drawing and writing. He won many awards as a child and teenager for his artistic talent, but it didn't impress his mother. All he wanted was for his mother to love and accept him for who he was. Though that never seemed to happen for Devon.
When Devon turned eighteen, he was given the choice go to this school, learn this, or get out. Devon was lost, his father was in New York, and his mother abandoned him. Turing to his talent for art, Devon attended a small college for extremely talented artist. He was able to receive free boarding when the dean heard about his situation. For once Devon felt like he belonged.
After graduating at the age of twenty two, Devon picked up a job at a tattoo shop, mostly answering calls and cleaning equipment. But as time progressed, he made friends with one of the artist there, Lukas, and when Lukas saw his work he helped get Devon promoted. Since then, Devon has been tattooing some of the most gorgeous pieces of body art there has been in Chicago.

Miscellaneous
As a Dog Named Olivia

S E C O N D A R Y
C H A R A C T E R S

Jane+Fonda+Premiere+Marley+LA+QeC_phsak8al.jpg

Name: Idina Catherine Pope

Ethnicity: British, American

Relation to Character
Mother of all three.

Occupation
Lawyer at her own firm- Master Law

Personality
Idina is not a nice person. She manipulates, deceives and lies to get what she wants. Though she does care for a least two out of the three of her children. She can be frigid and hard to persuade, though it can be done. She likes the finer things in life, and sees the lower level things as trash, this including people. Be careful around her cause you might be the next one she throws out the door.

Miscellaneous

This is her fifth marriage.
She is allergic to nuts and roses.
She plans on divorce her husband, papers will be served in a few days.

John+Stamos+Cinema+Society+Bally+DeLeon+Host+H34gI77bMRJl.jpg

Name: Henry James Masterson

Ethnicity:
Australian| British | American

Relation to Character
Father of all three

One of the part owners of JPMorgan Chase on Wall street (Best bank on Wall Street).

Residence in New York mainly, but is staying at Justine's house for the holidays.

Personality
A lot of people ask Henry "What did you ever see in Idina?" Well that question can be answered simply, he sees the good in people, and the potential of good they can do. He wouldn't take back his eight year marriage to Idina because she gave him three blessings, Justine, Devon, and Michael. He is caring, open to all kinds of things, nurturing, intelligent, well-rounded, a loves his family.

Miscellaneous
Has a girlfriend in New York.

1930161.jpg

Name:
Hazel Grant | Marcus Grant

Ethnicity

Italian, Greek, American | Italian, American

Relation to Character
Friends to Michael.

Occupation
Works at a boutique in town | Runs a country club

Personality
Hazel : Kind, Shy, Smart, Funny, Loves the outdoors.
Marcus: Hard working, Open minded, Loves food, Intelligent.

Miscellaneous
Michael was the best man in their wedding.

original.jpg

Name: Lukas Beckham

Ethnicity:
Canadian | American

Relation to Character
Best friend and Roommate to Devon

Tattoo Artist

Personality
Smart, Creative, Artistic, Addictive, Kind.

Miscellaneous
Has an addiction to Marijuana, and Alcohol.

199368_345442378878280_887472106_n36680305.jpg

Name: Katrina McGeorge

Ethnicity:
American | Canadian

Relation to Character
Justine's best friend.

Bartender at Breathe, while she goes to school

Personality
Nice, Ambitious, Caring, Can be rude when drunk.

Miscellaneous
Has a Great Dane named Silas.

jennifer_lopez_pr_2014_p.jpg

Name: Katy Long

Ethnicity:
American | French

Relation to Character
Ex-Wife and Mother of Michael's daughter.

Occupation
Nurse

Personality
Rude, Protective, Intelligent, Uncaring to those she doesn't like.

Miscellaneous
Right now her and Michael are in a custody battle.

DraysonAshlyn2009-08-19-5.jpg

Name: April Lina Masterson

Ethnicity
French | British | Australian | German | American

Relation to Character
Daughter of Michael Masterson

Kindergarten

Hyde Park and Jackson Park Highlands District.

Personality
Creative, Kind, Innocent, Adventurous.

Miscellaneous
Wants to be like her dad when she grows up.

Banana

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Endless Cosmos
@Thurrbo

She's definitely, definitely accepted! I love her little romantic spat. Ah, it's sad but if someone ever picks him up, it'd be a wonderful end to that part of her story. D; As a GM and RPer, I also don't mind if you play her romantic interest, should no one here interest you for Ani. But I understand how other people feel about it, too. I definitely advocate doing what you're comfortable with and carrying the story via characters and their situations.

Also, just wanted to know if you knew that Dwali is the Hindi equivalent of Christmas (I say this loosely, however)! Didn't know if they celebrated that with Christmas. Of course, Diwali is weird on its dates and dependent on the moon, but it's usually placed October/November. Which is weird for us. Uh. You can definitely mention that, if you'd like, and have them continue celebrating Christmas if that makes things easier for you. I just wanted to point it out; but I'm thinking you know all of the complications already. I'm guessing that's where Ani's father's American heritage comes in. Lol.

Or if you want to be Michael from the Office, then tell everyone Diwali is pretty much Halloween since it occasionally falls on October 31st. XD

@CuccoLady

If you'd like, you all can PM each other to find out what relationships you want for your characters or if you'd like, you can discuss it in here. I honestly like both ways. I'm cool with deciding with each other beforehand or choosing as we go. If the latter isn't you, then go ahead and shoot each other PMs to discuss future relationships.

I know some people don't like tying their character down before they get a full impression, but I also know some people like keeping things in place and organizing their own plot points concerning other players. I don't want to stifle anyone, so I'm leaving that up to you all. Just don't be afraid to ask each other these things. If it helps to do so in a public setting, then by all means, do so here in the OOC. It's what it's for.

I'm saying that because I'm a shy person when it comes to things like this, so I like being approached rather than doing the approaching.

Anyway, tl;dr: Essentially, it's up to you how you want to go about relationships.

Also, really liking JongDae, so far. :o Just tag me in a post whenever you're finished with his CS!

@Little_Ghost98 @Autumn_Burns_Red

Yay! This'll likely be open indefinitely, so please, please, take your time with your CSes! I know me and my lazy ass is aaaaaah

Thinking of making one more person idk and if anyone wants to be friends with my character or anything else let me know.

If anyone wants to be friends with Lishan feel free! :D And I think I might make another character. :o

So I have literally only chose the people I will be using...in other words Face claims!

-Ian Somerhalder
-Logan Lerman
-Ruby Rose

So I have literally only chose the people I will be using...in other words Face claims!

-Ian Somerhalder
-Logan Lerman
-Ruby Rose
All I saw was Ruby Rhod

giphy.gif

ANYWAY. :O Those are all so lovely.

And make as many characters as you want, you lot! Also, I was thinking Wolf likely goes to EthniciTea quite a bit. He likely has talked with Lishan once or twice. I'd probably have to finish his CS to know their exact relationship, though. Lol.

[BCOLOR=#999999] Sebastian Marcel Howard [/BCOLOR]
Lamon-Archey-Brian-Kaminski-01a.jpg

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Nationality: Half African American/ Half Hispanic
Physical Appearance:

Height: 6'2
Weight: 144 lbs
Hair Color:Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Features: There's a scar on his left shoulder and lower back.
Holiday: Celebrates Christmas and New years

Family: Samson Howard-Father ( Dead)

Theresa Howard-Mother (Alive)
Jasmine Howard: Sister( Alive)

Personality: Sebastian is a kind man with a youthful spirit. And although he leans more towards the reserved and quite side it's simply because he's more of an observer than an outspoken person. With family and friends he is seen as fun, goofy, and a bit wild once some alcohol gets into his system. Meeting new people is always a process with Sebastian as he rarely speaks unless asked certain questions. Though it does make him seem shy whose to say that he isn't half the time? Other than that Sebastian is a free spirited person with the exception of a few boundaries.

Biography:
Sebastian was raised in a foster home until he was five. The place was rough and he was traumatized from the severe beatings and neglect. His foster parents, two wonderful people came along and took him from that hell hole. Because of being so severely damaged he didn't speak for a whole year, simply nodding or giving signs of his displeasure or vise versa. His father was an architect and his mother was a painter. Being surrounded by her art grasped Sebastian's attention and he soon found himself learning to paint as well as learn about the different paintings. He was different as a kid and his parents picked up on it early on when he started school. Sebastian excelled in school and found basic teachings boring. He wanted more and by the time he was eight he was helping his father out with building designs. Seeing a need for change his parents put Bash in excel learning programs and classes. After high school Sebastian began to go back to his art and drawings. His father wanted him to join his business and Sebastian put that on hold because he wanted to find himself in life and express his way through art.

~Likes~
* Museums
* Reading
* Art
* Puzzles
* Challenges
~Dislikes~
* Sleeping in late
* Boredom
* Uneasy Situations
* Last minute things

Miscellaneous ~Banana~
* Is good at playing the Guitar and Piano
* Is an exceptionally fast learner

* He's ambidextrous

Last edited:

manny_2.jpg

Name
Zachariah Morales
Alias/Nickname
Zack/Z
Sexuality
Gay
Occupation
Criminal Sketch Artist - Full Time
Professional Photographer - Part Time
Physical Appearance
Zack is 5'10" and weighs 166 lbs, he has a bit of muscle on him but he doesn't appear too broad. His eyes are light brown and he has thick almost bushy eyebrows. He always keeps his hair short and cut close to his head, although his closest friends would know that he used to have a ridiculously long pony tail back in high school. He has a permanent five o'clock shadow that he trims regularly to maintain his 'bad-ish boy' look. Zack is not a sloppy guy and likes to keep himself looking clean cut and composed all the time. When it comes to fashion he leans more towards sweaters over t-shirts when the weather permits it.
Zack always walks with a bounce in his step and he's usually smiling widely at everyone, unless he's at work, in which case he only smiles a little bit and tries not to piss criminals off.

Distinguishing Features
Day of the Dead tattoo on his back

Ethnicity
Puerto Rican

Holiday
Christmas and New Years

Family

Vicente Morales - Father - Disowned Him
Maria Morales - Mother - Disowned Him
Tara James - Mother of Child - Deceased
Jazmin Morales - Daughter

Friends
Thomas Havern
"Friends + Crush"

Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Open

Other Relationships
Jeremy Green - Police Chief/Boss
Caleb Havern - Coworker
Michael Masterson - FBI police station frequenter and owner of damn fine eyebrows
Justine Masterson - Owner of favorite bar

Hyde Park

Personality
Zachariah is a bright and optimistic guy. He likes to keep on the positive side of things and it actually takes a lot to bring him down. However, he's the type to ignore big problems in favor of staying happy all the time because he hates being in uncomfortable or sad situations. In terms of responsibility, he's somewhat responsible when it comes to Jazmin, but he still makes a lot of mistakes. When he does get angry however, he tends to sulk and is known to hold grudges but not for very long.

Kittens
Cute Animals in general
Sweets
Working Out
His boss (the guy is hilarious)
Sketching
Dislikes
People who suck at remembering what perps look like
Indecisive witnesses
When Jazmin uses her fists instead of her words
Chocolate Syrup
Spray Cheese
Lip Smackers/Loud Chewers
Aspirations
He wants to give Jazmin the best possible life.
He also wants to settle down with a guy.

Biography
Zack was born in East Harlem, New York to a strict Catholic family. His childhood was relatively normal until he met Tara James. At the time, Zack was confused about his sexuality and felt pressured to prove to his family that he was interested in females, so he began dating Tara at age fourteen. However, this greatly displeased his family due to their inherent racism towards African Americans. They wanted Zack to break up with her, but by that time Zack had gotten very close to Tara and refused. He and Tara dated up until junior year, but a drunken moment at a party tore them apart. Both teens had been intoxicated and they ended up sleeping with each other. They only realized that they hadn't used protection when Tara began displaying symptoms of being pregnant less than a month later. Tara's mother found out and told Zack's parents and Zack was disowned not for what he'd done, but with who he'd done it with. Tara tried to convince Zack to stick around so they could raise the baby together, but Zack was confused and hurt from his family's betrayal so he fled that day.

Zack lived on the streets for awhile and hitchhiked to other states when the authorities found out about him. He never stayed in one place for very long until he turned eighteen and it was safe for him to travel without getting picked up by the cops. By this time, Zack found himself in South Side, Chicago and began trying to support himself with part time jobs. However, because he didn't have a high school diploma, not many places were willing to hire him. So after some months of studying at the library, he took his GED test and got his GED. He then began the job search again. He was still living on the streets however and during that time the city had a masked serial mugger problem. The mugger apparently went after teenage boys ranging in age from fourteen to seventeen. He kept a bandanna wrapped around his face so no one could see him, so the police didn't really have anything to go on when it came to looking for him. Because of Zack's small stature and baby face, the mugger mistook him for a kid and mugged him, but not before having a brief scuffle with Zack, wherein Zack managed to tear off the guys bandanna and get a good glimpse of his face before he ran off.

Fortunately, the mugger wasn't able to take that much from Zack because he didn't have much on him, but Zack was a stickler for justice so he went to the police station to file a report. When he got there however, an officer told him to recount what he remembered of the guys face to the criminal sketch artist. Zack gave a detailed description by the sketch artist was crap at his job, so Zack finally ended up grabbing the pad from him and doing his own more accurate sketch. The police chief saw the sketch later and offered Zack a job, due to most of the criminals getting away because the sketch artist they had never drew them correctly. Zack took the job (and avoided the look of extreme hate in the old sketch artists' eyes) and has been working for the police ever since.
[See Jazmin's bio for the continuation]

Miscellaneous
He loves pizza.

mixie-girl.jpg

Name
Jazmin Morales
Ethnicity
1/2 African American 1/2 Puerto Rican
Relation to Character
Daughter

Occupation
Middle School Student
Personality
For an eleven year old, Jazmin is very perceptive and pessimistic. She's the type of kid to point out people's flaws or find something odd about them and latch onto that fact forever. she's the kid who if she witnessed your secret will bring it up at the most inappropriate times. She's very straightforward and doesn't beat around the bush, which gets her in trouble a lot. She can be quite hot headed and has a bit of an anger problem and tends to 'solve' her problems with her fists instead of her words and logical thinking.

Miscellaneous
She loves nature.
She constantly brings home what her father calls 'creepy crawlies'. Spiders, lizards, frogs, you name it and she'll bring it home.
The smell of ~bananas~ makes her sick.
She wants to be a scientist when she grows up. She also wants to prove to her father that she's responsible enough to have an iguana.

Biography
The first eight years of Jazmin's life were horrible. She was born to two teenagers who were horrified by what they had produced during a drunken one night stand. Her father, Zachariah ran off as soon as her mother, Tara told him that she was pregnant, and they both knew she couldn't abort the baby because abortion was illegal in their state at that time. So with her father MIA, Jazmin was raised by a mother who never wanted her. Her mother wasn't inherently abusive, she just tended to drown her emotions in alcohol and take out her anger on whoever was closest and that usually happened to be Jazmin. Her grandmother, Mia would have nothing to do with the raising of her grandchild and never stuck around to aid her daughter or rescue her grandchild. She even demanded rent from her daughter in exchange for room and board for her and Jazmin.

Fed up with her mother's abandonment, Tara dropped out of high school when she turned seventeen and got a job at the local convenient store. However the money she got wasn't enough for rent, so when a new tattoo parlor opened in her neighborhood three years later, she jumped at the chance to get a better paying job. The only thing was that she wasn't that great of an artist so she needed to practice. She watched some youtube tutorials and used a sketch pad but she needed an actual person to test on, but she had been lost her friends when she dropped out of school, so the only person around was five year old, Jazmin. That was the first time her mother intentionally inflicted pain on her daughter for her own gain. Fortunately, the tattoo didn't get infected and er mother got the job so she was rarely home and Jazmin was given some reprieve.

As Jazmin grew, she learned to avoid her mother when she was drunk or when she needed a 'guinea pig' or both. Jazmin spent a lot of time at the library, but never with anyone her own age which was bad for her social skills, but good in the end because if she had been home she would have noticed that her mother was considering becoming a bartender and was currently practicing how to mix drinks. One particular drink being the infamous flaming shot.

Tara James died when she tried to make a flaming shot, but as she was inebriated at the time, she accidentally set some curtains on fire and the whole house went up in flames. Because her grandmother didn't want her, Jazmin was taken into the custody of the state, and her only other living relative, her father, was contacted.

Her father, Zachariah had actually been feeling pretty guilty about how he abandoned Tara and his daughter, so when he got the call he dropped everything and got a ticket back to his home town. There custody of Jazmin was transfered to him and he took her back to Chicago with him. Jazmin didn't remember him and hadn't heard much about him, so they got along relatively well with no hard feelings, and her father began doing the best he could to give Jazmin the life she deserved.

Relationships
Shawn Soto - Friend

Last edited:
I will finish Michael and Devon tomorrow, other than that I have the three completed.

She's definitely, definitely accepted! I love her little romantic spat. Ah, it's sad but if someone ever picks him up, it'd be a wonderful end to that part of her story. D; As a GM and RPer, I also don't mind if you play her romantic interest, should no one here interest you for Ani. But I understand how other people feel about it, too. I definitely advocate doing what you're comfortable with and carrying the story via characters and their situations.

Also, just wanted to know if you knew that Dwali is the Hindi equivalent of Christmas (I say this loosely, however)! Didn't know if they celebrated that with Christmas. Of course, Diwali is weird on its dates and dependent on the moon, but it's usually placed October/November. Which is weird for us. Uh. You can definitely mention that, if you'd like, and have them continue celebrating Christmas if that makes things easier for you. I just wanted to point it out; but I'm thinking you know all of the complications already. I'm guessing that's where Ani's father's American heritage comes in. Lol.

Or if you want to be Michael from the Office, then tell everyone Diwali is pretty much Halloween since it occasionally falls on October 31st. XD
Hahah yaaay, thank you!!

In regards to Ani's little romantic spat -- I'm actually kind of stuck on what to do... See, originally, I was thinking the professor would be recently divorced right before he got into a relationship with Ani, and then after it ended, he would have gotten back together with his ex-wife, and Ani would just be destroyed over it. But then I was like -- naaah, maybe I should leave it more open ended...?? Either way, I don't intend on playing the professor myself and getting the two back together, because I personally think it would be boring to play my own character's love interest. :P So maybe I should go back to my original idea... Idk, what do you think?

As for the Diwali thing -- ah, that holiday completely slipped my mind! o3o I was really focusing more primarily on December holidays, but Diwali is definitely something I'd add in there if we're allowed to go earlier. (Also, I never knew it was considered the Hindi equivalent of Christmas; I always just knew it as the "festival of lights".) But aaaanywho, I think I will add it to Ani's list of holidays, just for the heck of it. Even if it's technically too early a holiday to be viable in the RP. :P Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.