It's the Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Glad this isn't dead! :D

I may be a little bit stuck with what I should do as the opening.

I'm thinking I might set it in a mall of sorts. Would anyone mind starting off our characters with a little bit of shopping? >_> <_< >_> <_< I know where I wanna take it, I just don't know how to start it off. Intros and conclusions: the bane of a writer's existence. ;-;

Allow for interaction and all that fun stuff.

A mall sounds awesome. :D

And it's started! :D

As an aside, I didn't quite know how to start it off well, so I hope I got the relative tone down well enough. It's supposed to be at least a bit funny, realistic, with an edge of seriousness, but fun all around. There's crime in every part of the city, but South Side has a reputation. Doesn't mean that it's quite true, but it should be at least semi-evident how certain people think.

I added an overview of the Water Tower Place if you'd like to take a look at it. I didn't know if I wanted to use an actual mall or one that was made up. I went with actual mall. I'm okay with generalizations, as things like Hot Topic will always be in a mall. Things like a Panda Express or a Sears (is that still in business?) will almost always have a place inside the mall itself. I've not been to a mall that didn't have a Dillard's or a Shoe Sensation or whatever that place is called. Oh, no it's Footlocker. Footlocker. I've never been to a mall without a Footlocker lol. Put whatever store you feel like in it 'cause the place is pretty big, so it's got a decent selection. If you wanna be hyper realistic, then there's the list I put in the first post. Regardless, think of the place as affordable, yet classy. But mostly classy and luxurious. I chose it because I think it caters to the entire spectrum of wealth and it's the holidays and the Magnificent Mile is fucking huge and there may not have been enough interaction if people were all down the strip so I had to localize it and this is the best place. ;-; If I read and assumed wrong, then whatever, it's gonna allow for a wide range concerning price regardless of whether or not it actually does. *Is actually, literally pouting about it*

Feel free to open yourselves to interaction. The intro post should dictate your character's current situation with family, holidays, their personal lives, etc. I at least tried to put as much of that in Ezra's aspect and what he's currently going through. But, of course, it doesn't have to be a novel and I don't expect it to be. Just as long as it has enough info and action to allow for interaction and reaction. ;D Which is possible in a paragraph.

tumblr_njui8e2I6a1t14ib2o2_1280.gif

Hi i just came around this and it seems really cool, is it still open

Reactions: Salty Axolotl
Feel free to throw out a sheet. :) I think I plan on leaving it open indefinitely.

Sorry for the lack of activity from me. I've been a bit busy with work and such. >_<

I'll try and get a post in tomorrow, though, so I don't leave you lot waiting too long.

My second character posted to lishan it's just above her post is that fine? @Polystical

I will have a post up sometime today!

I'll have my post up today xD

Hey guys! I am going on a trip from July 26th to August 2nd, and I won't have my computer the entire time, just my phone, so I won't be able to post very frequently or at all. However if I do post, please forgive me for the spelling and grammatical errors you might find, due to the word filler on my phone.

Reactions: CuccoLady
Similarly enough, I'm going away as well from tomorrow until next Friday! I don't think that I'll have WiFi and definitely won't have WiFi, so you more than likely won't hear from me until next Friday/Saturday.

Reactions: CuccoLady
Well, I'll be stepping out of this one. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.