It started with an egg...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asm kept patting happily through the woods, carrying the remainder of his deer with pride, until he was back home. He stopped just inside the forest-line, trying to smell or hear if Rin was home yet. She couldn't neither hear nor smell her however, so he quickly patted to the back of the house, and dropped the carcass, before patting to the front again, to check if Rin was coming, or if she needed help carrying her own food home.

Once she finished off her own catch she slung it over both of her shoulders and headed back. It was quite heavy but she had to carry it back. She was strong enough to get it back, that much was certain. However once she got back she dropped it in the back yard to prepare it for butchering.

Asm saw Rin coming home with prey of her own, making him murr happily. What stopped that murr however, was when he noticed her going for the back yard. Sure, he had kinda hidden his carcass, but that hinding spot relied a lot on her not goong back there! Now it was but a matter of luck and time...

Rin didn't even notice the carcass he hid nor did she really care, it was outside. She started to butcher the deer to get it ready to eat for her mostly. Asm would be able to hunt on his own soon and she was secretly grateful for that. While she did enjoy hunting with him she still needed time to relax. The past five years had been very intense and she was a bit worn out.

Asm made sure to approache Rin from the opposite side than the house, patting over to her. "Mama got what want?" He murred cheerfully, as he sat down beside her. Her need to cut up and throw away most of the prey always annoyed him, yet he wasnt one to complain about such things.

Rin nodded at him and pet his head. "I did," she said with a bit of a yawn. Soon she had the meat ready to take inside and headed in. She made sure to store the meat properly before cleaning up and plopping down on a chair. She was a bit bushed, having been up so late the night before.

Asm followed Rin inside, as he usually did, padding about a bit, to make sure no one else had entered their home. As he came back down, he found her sitting in a chair. He padded over with a smile, and laid his head affectionally on her lap. "Mama tired from mating?" He asked, figuring mating was what it was called when you were with your mate, not just when you actually mated.

Rin shook her head and pet him. "It's not called mating when you just spend time with them. We call that Courting my little one," she said with a soft smile. He was certainly adorable and she could tell that he just wanted to be sure she was alright. She let her hand rest on top of his head as she relaxed there.

"Why court all night?" The drake asked, enjoying his mama's touch. "Why not court at day? Asmazus can hunt alone." He asked, looking curiously up at her.

"I didn't court all night. I was out all day. I was cleaning up after YOU all night my little one," Rin giggled as she rubbed his head, "Besides, some things aren't open during the day my sweet little one." She scratched under his chin as he looked up at her.

Asm murrred cheekily as he was reminded that she had to clean up after him as well. Yet something she said made him wonder... "What no open day?" He asked, as curious as ever.

"Bars mostly and some parties don't start until the evening. But it doesn't really matter to you little one." Rin replied as she continued to pet him. She yawned again and sat back in the chair.

Asm rested his head on her lap, noting that she was seemingly slowly falling asleep. "Mama gone, and mama tired when home. Matter to me." He murred, as he laid down, keeping his head on her lap, thanks to his long neck. "If mama tired all day, mama not happy." He murred, worriedly.

"Mama will be fine, she just needs a little nap. how about we go take a nap in the sunshine?" Rin asked with a sleepy smile, "You've been doing a lot better you know. You don't throw as many fits anymore, so mama doesn't have to clean up so often." She rubbed his head affectionately. She loved Asmazus more than anything to be honest and she hated that she was worrying him.

Asm perked his head up right away as she mentioned a nap in the sunshine. Sure, he wasn't the nappiest, or most tired of creatures. But then again, dragons did tend to sleep for many, many years at times once they matured. "Mama's teach good! And Asmazus not hatchling anymore. Asmazus maturing." He murred as he stood up, pacing between the door and her chair, waiting for her to get up.

Rin got up and opened the front door. She headed outside and found a nice sunny spot. "That's right. Asmazus, you're growing up and you're doing wonderful. Such a good learner," she said with a soft yawn as she sat down. She stretched and soon laid back in the sun, shutting her eyes.

Asm followed Rin happily, a smile plastered along his maw. "Asmazus has good teacher! And Asmazus has good feeder!" He murred, as he laid down next to her, laying his head on her chest, his throat vibrating slightly from the murring, as he too closed his eyes to rest.

Rin smiled as he laid his head on her chest. She felt more relaxed now, knowing he was nearby. Asmazus had always been a good dragon, at least as far as she could tell. She was glad to lay there in the sun and was soon asleep.

Asm relaxed on top of Rin, enjoying the gentle heat radiating from the sun, and the much weaker, yet much more beloved warmth of Rin. The warmth he'd known his whole life. The first warmth. Before long, he too was asleep.

---------

Asm awoke from his slumber as he smelled something familiar. Mama! He got up, and scrambled over to the window in his room, long ago broken by accident, and not replaced since a few weeks later. He laid his front feet on the windowsill, and looked at the road that led from his home. In the distance, he could see Rin... And someone unfamiliar... He attempted to see who it was, yet at this distance, he couldn't.

"Are you sure you want to meet Asm?" Rin asked him, "I mean I can't garuntee your safety you know."

"Well my dear if we are to take our relationship any further then yes, I am sure," He replied as they walked along.

After a bit they reached her home, the man couldn't help but let out a low whistle. "This is your place? No wonder you want me to move in with YOU." he said. Rin simply laughed in return as she opened the door. She stepped in and called out to Asm.

"Mama's home Asm! I brought someone for you to meet!" she called sweetly into the house. Everything looked just about how she had left it, which was a nice thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.