It started with an egg...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asmazus looked around for a moment, noting that there was no fire in the fireplace, nor was Rin anywhere to be seen. Not that unusual. He was the one that was awoken by the sun rising every day after all. Though it seemed like Rin had forgotten to get more firewood last night, as there was but a few logs down there. He started grabbing one by one with his maw, and putting a few of them in the fireplace, before blowing a burst of flame onto it, setting it alight. Now all he had to do was to wait for Rin to get down here and get him some food, so he wouldn't have to break anything. Again.

Rin groaned, hearing a fire spring to life. Asmazus had to be hungry. Tiredly she rose from her bed and walked downstairs. "Morning Asm." She mumbled as she yawned and stretched. She was still in her night gown but she honestly didn't care. She had bigger things to worry about, like Asm's stomach. It didn't take her long to get started on some meat for him. Once she found the right cut she put it in a bowl and set it out for him. "Eat up boy, we're probably gonna work on your flying today." She said with a sleepy smile. She then washed up her hands and started to get something to eat for herself.

"Morning!" Asm replied cheerfully as Rin came down for the morning. As soon as his meal was served, her attacked it, starting to tear it to pieces. He looked up at her as she spoke, still chewing, noting how sleepy she seemed. "Sleep bad?" He asked, ripping another piece of meat loose. "Up late?" His speech wasn't the best, coming as rather growled, slightly mumbled words, but understandable, in a deep voice.

"Up very late my little one," Rin smiled and yawned again, "Remember, mama went out with a young man today." She soon had something for herself to eat and sat at the table to eat. She couldn't help but smile as she ate. He was getting to be strong and his speech was getting better. He had clear tones in his voice that she could tell his mood from. He was always up at sunrise and always expected her to be up shortly after him. She ate slowly knowing he probably had a lot of questions about the man she'd been seeing. She tried to avoid the topic but she had to explain it at some point.

Asm pushed his bowl closer to the table before tearing off another part. "Young man?" He murred between bites. "Who man?" He asked curiously. Contact with others hadn't been a thing he'd done a lot of thus far. He'd met Rin, of course, and a few others, but those were few and far between. He laid his head on the table next to her, looking at her in a way clearly stating that he wasn't going to be satisfied without a answer.

Rin looked at him and sighed, knowing that look all too well. "He's a possible mate. I've taught you about mates right?" She said softly, "Well I'm trying to see if I like him enough to bring him home to you." She reached out and pet his head as she ate. She knew he'd be overly protective once she brought a man home but he'd have to learn to share her at some point.

Asm looked at her and concentrated for a few moments, trying to figure out if she had taught him about it. "You teach. I no remember..." He murred finally, admitting that he'd forgotten about it. What parts of it he had understood, at least. But then, mates were a hard thing to explain, especially to someone who barely spoke the language. "He Elf like mama?" He asked, not understanding what she was meaning to do with him, yet understood the part about bringing him home.

Rin smiled and rubbed his head. "It's okay. we'll have that talk again when you get bigger." she smiled at him, "He is. Just like mama. If he's good enough he might become your papa one day." She continued to pet his head, he was so young still and had so much to learn and yet he understood so much. She loved the way he spoke it was cute and always made her smile. She was more awake now and she finished her breakfast.

He rested his head on the table for a few moments, staring straight forward, before looking towards her again. "Papa like mama. But papa man and mama lady... Mama wanna mount papa?" He asked, smiling open jawed at her, thinking he'd gotten something right, at least, as far as he remembered from what she had taught him. He thought...

Rin laughed a bit and nodded. "Something like that. But that's only if I like him enough. And you've got to like him too of course." She pet his head a bit more as she sat there.

"If mama like, why I not like?" He asked, not really knowing how they could feel all that differently about something. "Mama like, Asm like." He murred, leaning against the petting hand.

Rin smiled and continued to pet him. "Good to know Asm. But I've got to wait for someone good enough to bring home," She said softly as she sat there. She was glad that at least for now Asm seemed to trust her judgement though she wasn't sure that he would always feel this way.

"Mama older. Mama wiser." He murred simply, letting her pet him a bit more, before pulling back his head, and strating to eat again, chomping down on the remains of his meal. He might not know much yet, but respect for the old and wise was something natural to him.

Rin smiled as he went back to eating. She sighed softly, certain that in the future he wouldn't listen to her children. After all he seemed to respect older....but her children would be much younger than him.

The last scraps were quickly consumed, the bowl was pushed back in place, and Asm soon returned to the table, alternating between looking happily at Rin and staring at the reminders of her food.

Rin had long since cleaned up her own plate. She had been just as hungry as him. When she noticed him sitting there she pet his head and turned to him. "So, what do you want to do today Asm?" She asked as she scratched under his chin lovingly.

Asm was slightly dissappointed that she'd finished her meal before he could take any of it, yet he accepted the petting as an excuse. "Fly! Hunt! Add hoard!" He murred as she scratched under his chin. He had suggested his favorite things to do thus far.

"Alright, we'll work on your flying and hunting today. I don't know if we'll find much to add to your hoard. Remember, no animal parts in the hoard." Rin said with a smile as she finished scratching under his chin. She stood up and looked around, stretching a bit as she headed to her room to get dressed. She got dressed and put on her hunting armor, tying her hair up in a tight bun. While she didn't care much for hunting she found it useful for Asm, he had to learn to fend for himself in case he decided to leave her family. the thought of him ever leaving saddened her but she also knew that he might want to get out on his own.

"Awwwwrh...." Asm murred at not being allowed to bring any more animal parts to his room. He just did it because he was gonna eat it later! And those he forgot and started to stink wasn't on purpose! And that one time, he didn't know the deer was still alive! But he quickly got over it, remembering that he was going hunting! Before long, Rin was back as well! He ran over to the door, and started attempting to open it with his front foot!

"I'll get it." Rin said as she reached over him and unlocked the door. She then opened it and let him outside. She knew he would be excited and run about but he never left her side for long. For that she was thankful, she didn't want him just running off. She'd been entrusted with him and planned on taking care of him as she had for the past five years. She watched him head out excited to be outside once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.