Invaluable Error

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
It almost killed him when she resisted for a moment. His heart, what little of a pulse it was, skipped a beat. But then he felt her close her eyes, and felt her kiss him back. It was then that he leaned in a bit more, closer to her. The Vampire kissed her a bit more deeply, Vincent keeping his hand against her cheek. He couldn't believe this...that he was kissing Rachelle. Then his primal instincts took over...the insticts of the beast within himself. There was an alarm telling him to pull away and not do what he was about to do but he couldn't help it. Vincent pulled away before gently pushing her back. He then leaned in again and kissed her again. The man could hear her blood pumping through her veins...strong...lively. The beast wanted it...he wanted Rachelle's blood. Vincent kissed her deeper before feathering a few kisses down her neck. Here it was ever stronger...the pull to feed. But once he felt his fangs brush against her neck he snapped himself back to reality...pulling away. Automatically he pressed his lips togeather and sat up, standing not too long afterwards. Without a word he stood up and walked out of the room to go check on Alistair. Giving himself an excuse to leave the room. VIncent didn't mean for it to go so far....but it did and he hoped he hadn't scared her...The vampire walked onto the porch, to check on AListiar...to see if he was okay.

As he kissed her, Rachelle fervently returned them, not regretting anything at all at that moment. For a moment, she even believed that she could die right at that moment without any misgivings, and be completely happy. When his kisses moved from her mouth to her neck, she tipped her chin up slightly, her heart fluttering about her chest like a bird. Feeling his teeth brush against her skin, for a second her heart ran cold, and she wondered, Did he go through all this just to get to my blood? She shook the thought away as he pulled away and stood up, left feeling alone as she heard him leave the house.

Hearing Vincent leave the house again, to find Allistair still sitting on the front steps, the boy looked up, taking note of Vincent's flustered expression. "Something happen?" he asked innocently. He had a guess, but figured that if Vincent wanted to tell him, he would.

The moment he left the house he regretted it. He wished he had stayed but he also wished the he could kiss a girl without wanting to drink their blood. The vampire felt in that moment exactly like the beast he knew but tried to deny he was. Vincent looked flustered, in his expression and his movements as he turned his torso to shut the door behind himself. Vincent would have to apologize to Rachelle later...it was very rude to just kiss her like that and leave her hanging. Guilt settled in, in his stoumuch as a flustered sigh escaped his lips, him looking over to Alistair. The boy wasn't crying anymore so that was a good thing....and he had, had a chance to let it all out. Then in a completely innocent tone asked if something happened. A blush came across his cheeks after a moment. He came over to him, sitting next to him. Vincent looked down at the ground, his shaggy hair covering his face. But in his voice he tried to hide what had just happend.

"Honestly Alistair...what could possibly happen between me and Rachelle in less than a half hour...?"

Then he bit his lip. Alistair had not even asked about Rachelle but he had opened his mouth and talked too much.

Allistair, smiling a little, let out an unconvinced, "Uh huh. I'll believe that lie right after I believe that the American government is housing aliens in Nevada." He shook his head ruefully, the smile still apparent on his face. While he didn't exactly mind if Vincent and Rachelle were...doing anything...he didn't want her to be hurt, but didn't know how to say so, instead masking his fear that she would end up hurt by making small jokes. It did make him feel better, if only a little. "Whatever makes you and Rachelle happy, I suppose..." He finally conceded, figuring that Rachelle could figure out what was good for her and not. She was older than him by nearly ten years after all...

He then caught his mistake in his words, Alistair apperntly did as well. In auctuality a lot could happen in a half hour alone in a house with a very good looking woman. Alistair said he would believe that nothing happened when the United States government started housing aliens in Nevada. Vincent looked up at his face to see a smile on his lips and a rueful shake of the head. He knew something happened and he was nervous. Nervous that Vincent would hurt her, drink from her and not stop...and other such ways that involved a woman's emotions. Then he told him if it made him and Rachelle happy then he had no business interfering. Vincent sighed, trying to calm himself down.

"I kissed her...but you will find that kissing anyone becomes increasingly difficult if you don't want to hurt them. Because Kissing is so intimate and Biting someone is even more so. A bite has to have some kind of intent behind it...if that intent is romance then...It can be very enjoyable on both ends. But I swear I only Kissed her...I don't want to hurt Rachelle....but if I bite her now I will be far too hungry to stop...It is not that I don't trust you Alistair...it's that I don't trust the monster inside of you. I don't want to leave her here alone either though...Getting away to feed will be harder than I thought..."

Allistair was about to protest indignantly to Vincent's words, but he didn't, knowing inside that they were the truth. Then, an idea came to him. "Well, she has to go to the city again tomorrow, doesn't she, to speak with her clients and asses the damages to her building? D-during that time, we could, you know..." He trailed off, not knowing the proper terminology. "Surely, in the town, surrounded by people, she be safe, right?"

The Vampire looked Alistair in the eyes as he listened to the Vampires speak. Tomorrow She did have to go into town for her clients and he would find out just how much he would be forking over to cover damages to the building and the materials needed to cover her cliants orders. It was then that Alistair suggesterd that they slip off to feed. The older vampire knew the ins and outs of feeding in the city but it might prove difficult for Alistair was going to be catching his own prey this time around. Vincent would have to be extra prepared to cover for his Blood Son just in case he slipped up and failed to kill his catch. Then he asked if she would be safer there while they hunted.

"I would not put it past Aldwin to follow her...us into the city. But yes...much safer than out here. But will you be okay going out amungst so many humans? Hunting in the city is much different than hunting out here...It's much more difficult and this time your hunting your own prey...to Kill."

As Allistair listened to Vincent, his eyebrows became pressed together with worry. In truth, he didn't know if he would be okay. At the mention of killing someone again, his blood ran cold, and he clenched his hands in order to keep from doing something he'd regret. He didn't think he could kill again, but he knew that he must. Finally, he shook his head, and said, "I cannot be sure that I will be okay. I have never before had to experience anything such as this, and do not know how to react."

When the older vampire spoke to him, he watched as the younger one's eyebrows pressed togeather with worry. It was like he was suddenly concerned about something. And when Vincent spoke of him having to kill someone to feed Alistair reacted. The boy clenched his fists and it looked like he was angry. Like if he didn't stop himself he would do something that Vincent would have to punish him for. The Vampire's world was strange one. If Alistair acted out and did something irresponsible Vincent was responsible for him. Vincent was responsible to make sure that vampires stayed as they were percieved; creatures of the dark. They needed to remain hidden amungst the humans. Then Alistair shook his head spoke, saying that he wasn't sure that he would be okay. That he had never experienced being amungst so many humans as a vampire who was looking to feed. Vincent bit his lip and thought for a few moments before looking down at the ground.

"I cannot stress this enough Alistair so listen...there are going to be a lot of people in the city but you know that. So there is many more temptations than out here. But you have to be absolutly Methodical about who you pick to hunt and where you hunt and feed. If you get caught by another human they have to be killed to. It is absolutly essential that no one find out about our species or it will be a blood bath...another world war. I don't want to have to go to Rachelle and tell her that you were caught by the hunters because of hesitation or carelessness....we also both have to protect her now we can't afford to be careless."

He looked to the boy, all seriousness in his eyes. Then he stood up again and looked out across the yard before letting out a flustered sigh. The vampire knew he must go back inside and apologize to Rachelle who he just left hanging after kissing her like he did. As he turned and opened the front door he spoke to Alistair.

"Come back inside whenever you want but don't wonder off please..."

Vincent then went back inside and went into the living room where he found Rachelle. Instead of sitting he stood not too far from her and looked up at her, trying to force a smile for her.

"I won't apologize for the Kiss...because I meant that...but I didn't mean to leave you hanging. But I had to pull myself away before I bit you. I didn't want to hurt you...Forgive me?"

Allistair listened to Vincent explain how he was to choose a person to kill. The thought still bugged him, but he nodded at his words, understanding in his eyes. He'd do anything to keep Rachelle from crying, even if it meant he had to kill repeatedly. The boy knew that if he ended up dead, Rachelle would cry forever. Swallowing hard, he struggled to find the words, pausing a moment before saying, "I understand. I won't mess up." The look in his eyes was replaced with one of determination, his mind set. As Vincent left, he remained seated on the steps, taking in the way the sunlight shone through the trees of the nearby forest, the way beauty seemed to encompass the world that day, even if all manner of unfortunate happenings had occurred in such a short amount of time. Allistair wanted to experience it all before he had to kill once more.

Hearing the door opening once more, Rachelle looked up. She had been wondering if it was her fault Vincent had pulled away like that, if it was something she had done or said, or if she wasn't pretty enough. As he spoke, she nodded, understanding now in her eyes instead of confusion. Finally, she nodded. "I--I understand, Vincent. I forgive you."

As Vincent was sitting there explaining how careful he would have to be tomorrow when going to hunt in a city he watched the young man. What he got from him was hesitation and some anger perhaps. The older vampire knew that he didn't want to kill...he knew that the younger vampire would at least at first take the deaths upon his own shoulders. Every person who had changed did...Vincent still regretted killing that young mother in Russia so many years ago. He regretted leaving that child to grow up without the love of a mother. The vampire hated that part of himself. But even still he saw the understanding in the boy's eyes...the determination to keep Rachelle safe. Alistair choked out the words Vincent wanted to hear...he told him that he understood and that he wouldn't screw up. He only hoped that it was the truth. It would kill him inside to have to hurt Alistair if something did happen. Then when he went inside and apologized to her for leaving her hanging. She told him that she understood,..that she forgave him. Vincent's forced smile then turned into a real one and he came back over to her, sitting on the couch.

"So...Is it okay if I try that again...?"

He reached up and waited for her to say something, him caressing her cheek before leaning in and pressing his lips gently against hers. Vincent's kiss was gentle but firm...deep. The vampire kissing her like he did before, gently pushing her back onto the couch like before. Right here, right now, Rachelle made him feel more human than he had felt in about a hundred years.

At Vincent's question, Rachelle nodded, smiling, and said, "Yes, it is okay." She accepted his kiss this time, without resisting, without any sort of misgiving. She returned it, allowing herself to be pushed back, until she was lying on the couch. Gently, she closed her eyes, passionately returning Vincent's kiss, only pulling away when she needed to breath.

This was the first kiss he had been given and had given in a very long time. It was amazing how all this felt...his lips pressed up against hers in this way, him against her. Vincent kissed her until she had to pull away to breathe and then he looked down at her, chuckling to himself. For a few moments he had forgotten that Rachelle was human....he being a vampire didn't need to breathe but she certinly did. A gentle smile caressed his lips as he leaned forwards once more and feathered a few gentle kisses down her jaw and neck. This time he ignored the monster completly, just enjoying this moment. Vincent then carefully placed a kiss at the end of her jaw bone, just below her ear before whispering to her:

"I know I messed up the first time but thank you for giving me another chance...I will do everything I can to protect you, Damien, and Alistair no matter what It means...So don't worry About Aldwin Anymore he is my problem..."

Then he pulled away and kissed her once more on the lips before sitting up and looking at her. Vincent stood up and went outside again, the sunlight flashing directly in his face. He winced, it draining more energy from him. The older vampire, lacking his meal and some health definitly needed some sleep soon but he couldn't leave Alistair alone with Rachelle right now. Vincent glanced down at Alistair before looking off into the distance.

"So...before Aldwin intruded I was trying to recover...from the burns...from the hospital...so I need to get some sleep...but we have a problem here. I can't leave you alone with Rachelle...There is a living room down stairs...You don't have to sleep but you have to be away from Rachelle Right now...she will be safe until morning. Aldwin won't attack a place twice in one week...it would attract too much attention..."

She smiled softly as his kisses cascaded down her jaw, breathless. No one had kissed her, not since before that fateful night when her parents were killed. Although she didn't believe in perfect, this came pretty close. As he promised to her that he would protect her, the child, and Allistair, she closed her eyes sadly, yet the smile still was apparent on her face. "Thank you," Rachelle whispered in response, just before he kissed her again.

After he pulled away, she too sat up, watching him as he left.

Hearing Vincent come back outside again, Allistair looked up, silent as he listened to him talk. Afterwards, he nodded, resigned. He stood up.
"Okay. Show me where it is, and you can sleep."

Vincent stood up and looked down at the younger vampire as he told him to show him where the downstairs was. He nodded and they walked in through the front door with Alistair in tow. The vampire still saw Rachelle sitting on the couch, he approached her with a soft smile and placed a brief, gentle kiss on her lips. Then The monster looked into her eyes and spoke, just how exausted he was showing in his dull red eyes. They being dull due to how much he had slacked in feedings. If he counted just how many he had missed in a row it would be two...and that was not only dangerous for him but anyone close to him if the monster inside him turned on everyone.

"I need to sleep but Alistair needs to be away from you right now...I can't leave him alone with you right now. So he needs to come downstairs with me. I don't mean to leave you up here by yourself but I can assure you You'll be safe...Aldwin won't attack in the same place more than once a week. I will see you in the morning and you can sleep on the bed in the back room near the office. Oh and thanks for the second chance earlier...I means alot to someone like me..."

Then he turned on his heel and walked downstairs. Downstairs was simple...wooden stairs leading into a living room area. There was a TV downstairs...a flatscreen mounted on the wall and two large leather couches, shag carpet. There was a bathroom at the end of a small hallway and a room with a pooltable in it. Vincent walked over to the couch up against the wall, furthest away from the TV. He laid back on the couch with a relaxed sigh.

"There is a bathroom, TV, and pooltable down here so help yourself. I am a pretty heavy sleeper so don't worry about waking me up. If you get tierd you can sleep on the other couches, blankets are in the closet in the room with the pooltable..."

By the time he finnished his sentance the Vampire had drifted off to sleep.

Hearing Allistaire and Vincent come into the house again, she raises her gaze, allowing Vincent to kiss her again, despite Allistair's awkward look. He obviously was uncomfortable with the sight of the two of them kissing. She listened to his words, nodding at them. At his last few words, she smiles softly, glancing away shyly.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow, then?" she asked, standing up and hugging Allistair briefly. She went to the room Vincent had indicated, after checking on the child before gingerly lying down on the bed. She was so tired, after everything that had happened. She had cried, she had loved, and laughed, all in the space of what, an hour?

Allistair follows Vincent through the house, and downstairs, nodding at his words. "I don't think I can stay away for much longer," he said, his once-dark eyes looking into Vincent's. As Vincent fell asleep, he was sort of astounded at how fast he had, before taking the other couch. He doesn't bother with a blanket, the events of the past day or so suddenly crashing about him. But he doesn't cry, holding it in, or already too cried out to do so. Allistair sighs, closing his eyes and hoping that Rachelle would be okay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the middle of the night. He had just been turned a few years ago and times with his new master were not so hard yet. His master forced him to watch as a group of people dragged a young man about the age of Alistair out into the middle of a field. His eyes were an almost black color indicating that he had not fed for a very long time. Then they suddenly let him go. Then All at the same time they turned and ran a few hundred feet before turning and taking a few shots each at him. All of them hit him and he fell to the ground, crying out in pain. All of them came back and another held him back as they tortured him with large knives...eventully cutting him into pieces. The young vampire was horrified....how could they do that? He was so young...probably about the same age as him at that point. His master then turned to him and warned him to not screw up or he would just leave him to the hunters. His master would never defend him...if it was him or his Blood child it would be his blood child to face their end.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he woke up the next morning the room was dark. It still felt as if he had been hit by a bus but everything was much better. His body seemed to be functioning better but he was starving. Vincent stood up and began walking up the stairs. The sunlight hit him as he opened the door to the upstairs. He looked around and everything seemed to be in place. A yawn escaped his lips as he went out to the car, grabbing his keys from his pocket and openeing the door. He started the car before shutting the door and locking it. VIncent went back inside and went to the back bedroom to find Rachelle.

"Rachelle...?"

Throughout the night, Rachelle didn't dream, an amazing thing for her; the memory of her parents' death almost always replayed itself in her mind whenever she tried to get any sort of sleep. She absolutely hated public transport, as her nightmares would make the other people in the plane, bus, or train think she was crazy.

She did not stir when Vincent entered the room, nor when he spoke her name. The young woman was too absorbed in the wonder of a full night's sleep, too tired from what had happened the past day. Her hair was embarrassingly strewn about her upturned face, a detail she would have hated had she known about it.

Vincent listened for her to respond but noticed she didn't. Then he looked around the room and saw her still fast asleep on his bed. A gentle smile caressed his lips as he walked over to the bed. The vampire sat on the side of the bed closest to her without bothering her. He then reached across and gently moved her hair out of her face. The vampire didn't know why all of a sudden he felt the need to be around her or look at her. Any human male was insane to ignore her. He then leaned in and kissed her at the end of her jaw bone, just below her ear before pulling away. Then he whispered to her:

"Good Morning...It's time to get up. Someone told me you needed to go to into town...to assess the damage on your shop..."

He then stood up and walked to the doorframe. Vincent then leaned against it and looked back at her to see how she would react. Then he chuckled a little bit and turned around, walking out the door. As he went out to the livingroom he opened the door to the basement. He went downstairs and turned on the light, the lights illuminating the whole room.

"Alistair...?"

At his whispered words, Rachelle slowly began to pull herself from sleep. Once she was halfway awake, she looked up at Vincent and smiled softly. "Good morning," she whispered back as he left, pulling her hair back into a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes and look less slept-in. She yawned, wishing she had some clothes to change into.

As Vincent flashed the lights on, Allistair squeezed his eyes shut, throwing an arm over his face to block out the light. "C'mon, Dad," he protested indignantly, "five more minutes," before he realized what he had said. His eyes flashed wide opened, and he removed his arm. "Shit, I'm sorry," he said sheepishly, a redness crossing his cheeks.