Invaluable Error

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
McKay watched as the boy too looked suprised as he stopped in place. When he asked how the young vampire was turned he said that he didn't know...that he was in as much shock as he was. It was also clear that Alistair was uncomfortable. He stepped back...the last thing he wanted was for him to feel uncomfortable. After all he had known the boy since he was a baby. His father seemed to "raise" him which wasn't saying much...it must have been because his mother was not around. He couldn't help but think how different things would have been for the poor lad had his mother been around to raise him. McKay looked back at Vincent confused, blinking at him.

"He says he didn't know how he was bitten...changed. What did you do to him Vincent...? Kidnap him from the High School...?"

Vincent frowned a bit and looked at him.

"No, and it's hard to explain all of it right now but Aldwin attacked him out of spite, of me leaving and living on my own. I was around and there was someone who is like a mother to him who was there as well and it would have killed me to see her...watch him die infront of her so I changed him. But Now He might target Alistair's dad so I will stay here until I know he is safe. I need you to pick up Rachelle from her shop, Alistair can direct you there...just watch him around her. I doubt anything will happen but It's Rachelle...I can't take any chances..."

McKay smirked and stood completly strait.

"You are falling in love with a Human female...Wow, you have changed alot in the past five years Vince."

Vincent blushed a bit as McKay mentioned him falling in love with Rachelle and he pushed him forwards a bit. He then pulled the keys from his pocket and handed them to his blood Brother McKay.

"Just get going already, we don't need a group hanging around here too long."

McKay nodded and walked off towards the SUV, unlocking it and climbing into the drivers seat.

Allistair didn't know how to feel as Vincent explained what had happened the other day. Had it really been so soon ago? After all of the events of it, it seemed like at least a week had passed since then. As McKay smirked in Vincent's direction, teasing him about falling in love with Rachelle, Allistair politely glanced away, a light blush appearing on his cheeks, too.

As Vincent ushered the two of them out, Allistair got in the passenger's seat, looking out the window, a bit shy around Vincent's friend. They weren't strangers, but they weren't friends either, not while Allistair had been human. It was all sort of awkward, a man Allistair had always thought was just a quiet shut in turned out to be a vampire. As they pulled out of the driveway, Allistair began to quickly give directions, trying to speak as little as possible, afraid he might say something stupid, like he did whenever he got stressed about something.

As they boy got into the car he looked over at him. He chuckled when he noticed that Alistair would not keep eye contact with him. The boy seemed shy as he kept his gaze to the car window. Whenever he would go out of his house he mostly saw Little Alistair going to and from school. Years had passed and he was indeed suprised to see how the child had grown into a teenager. And not just that but he seemed to be awkward about something...weather it was his own feelings or the feelings that Vince was harboring for the human woman he had not yet met he didn't know. It was common for boys like him to come to terms with having feelings for the opposite gender or the same...whichever way the person rolled. It didn't matter though cause love was love and he didn't see the difference. It was one reason he felt humans to be so simple-minded and petty. A human had to work hard in their world to be accepted for who they were. The older vampire twisted the key and the SUV roared to life. When they pulled out of the drive way the younger vampre quickly spurted out directions...seemingly so that he wouldn't have to talk to much. McKay felt the tension in the air and he would occsionally glance over at Alistair.

"Alistair, I know you father never di the best job being around to raise you properly...that you didn't have your mother. I've seen you around the times I would slip out the front to feed. You don't have to feel so awkward around me, i understand your situation now. And the Rachelle...the human woman I am assuming is the mother figure and the one your Master...Vincent is falling in love with. Now the blush I understand on my Brother's cheeks but I can't help but notice you blushed as well... is it really that embarressing to have your Blood father be with this woman...? Or i can be completly wrong and assume there is someone special...? Girlfriend or something along those lines...?"

He just didn't want there to be an uncomfortable silence. An Uncomfortable conversation he was used to but not so much the silence. He hated it. The smile he gave was open and friendly...understanding and genuine at the same time. The normal smile for him that did not vary too much. It would be a little while so a conversation only seemed normal.

As McKay spoke, Allistiar slowly turned his gaze to him, clasping his hands tightly so that the older vampire wouldn't see them shaking. At his questions, he strangled out, "It's just I never thought Rachelle really...wanted to be loved. It always seemed like a touchy subject with her. I suppose it's also like a child thinking of their parents doing...doing that, though. Rachelle was the only mom I ever had, and Vincent is sort of like a dad, I guess. But," he paused, "but I also don't want to see her get hurt by what he is. What I am." Nervously, he folded his arms across his abdomen. He kept his gaze upon his shoes, letting his dark hair fall over his eyes.

Despite him trying he had caught onto the shakiness in Alistair's tone and from a quick glance caught his hands shaking before he squeezed them together tightly as he spoke to the young vampire. Then finally Alistair turned his gaze and met McKay's. When he spoke now it sounded like someone had their hand around his neck, like he was being forced to speak the words that fell from his lips now. The man listened as he was told that he believed that the human woman did not want any love nor affection from anyone. That trying to talk to her about that seemed to be like pulling teeth. Alistair compared it to thinking of the two people who had shown or was supposed to show love and affection to you, having sex. It was awkward and wierd...at least for the younger person. McKay had seen far too much in his days to be even remotely effected by this. Then again it was like, or atleast this is what he could compare it too was, a single mother dating again once her child was old enough to know what a relationship was. He seemed very nervous and it clearly showed when he crossed his arms across his chest and looked down to his feet. As his dark hair covered his eyes McKay spoke.

"Okay...that makes sense. But I have one more question for you Alistair...Do I really make you that nervous...uncomfortable...?"

He turned down the street of the business. They would arrive there in not too long...but not before his questions were awnsered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent watched the SUV until it disappeared into the distance. He hoped McKay was still mentally stable enough to keep Alistair in check. The vampire turned on his heel and went over to the note, picking it up. He read it to himself and sighed, shaking his head. The vampire then went into the living room and sat still on the couch, the note grasped tightly in his hand. The man watched and waited silently for any sign of Aldwin Or Alistair's father.

At McKay's words, Allistair listened, even if it looked like he wasn't, and finally shaking his head when he asked whether or not he was so uncomfortable near him. "No...It's--it's just that I've known you my whole life, and you've always just been that guy across the street, never a vampire. I'm...I'm just sort of in shock, still, too. It's like, in the space of only about thirty-six hours, my entire life has changed. 'Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever,' Keri Russell. Guess she really knew what she was talking about," Allistair continued, not realizing he was babbling, like he always did when he was anxious or scared. When he looked up again, seeing Rachelle's burnt out building, he pointed. "It's over there."

The younger man shook his head when he asked if he was uncomfortable around him. Then he explained that it was alot to take in...everything that had happened in the past day and a half. That to him his neighbor had always been just that; that he had never even guessed that he could be a vampire. Not only that but in that space of time he had also been changed from a human into a vampire. Not many humans could indure the pain that came with the transformation in becoming a vampire. It made him a titch nervous to think that the neighbor boy who he had known for as long as he had been alive had gone through this pain. And then relief that this kid had gone through so much already in his short life had endured the pain of the transformation. He snapped back to attention as Alistair quoted Keri Russell...saying she knew that what she was talking about. Then he pointed out the building and McKay looked over. It was burnt down and in total shambles. He could only imagine how much it would have taken to do that much damage. With the doors still locked he pulled over, sifting the car into park and shutting it off. The car was getting darker as the outside wass getting dark. He looked over at boy, leaning in closer to Alistair, examining him closer. He could practically smell it on him, though he wasn't uncomfortable he was anxious...scared. A small frown tugged at his lips. The face of the man it seemed that no matter how he contorted it would be attractive to whoever pursued him and vice versa. He just looked him in the eyes, his red and purple eyes glowing in the dim light. After a little while he spoke.

"I am not buying it Alistiar...I can smell the anxioity on you but I guess it is understandable..."

He sat up strait again and pushed open the door, looking over at him.

"Lets go get her then...shall we?"

As McKay leaned closer to Allistair, he tried to lean away, but couldn't, since the door of the car blocked his path. He didn't like being under the scrutinizing gaze of the older vampire, and felt as if he was staring into his soul. Allistair didn't know what the older man saw in him, thinking the frown met something bad, staring back into the man's heterochemic eyes. As he spoke, all Allistair could do was nod, knowing that if he opened his mouth, it would be offensive, stupid, or both.

When McKay finally sat up straight again, Allistair finally felt he could breath properly. His hands fumbled for the door handle, pulling it open and getting out into the fresh air of the city. He nodded at the older vampire's words, shutting the door. He shoved his hands into his pockets, to keep them from shaking too noticeably, and began heading to the front doorway. It was so weird to think about how the only place he had felt loved was now ashes and rubble. Sighing, he went inside, seeing the child.

"Hey," he asked, picking him up in his arms, "do you know where Rachelle is?"

Mckay watched, a small smirk crept across his lips, as the boy reached over and fumbled with the door handle. He had no reason to seem so anxious, he had to hold in a chuckle. For now he wasn't going to say anything to the boy about it and just see where that went. The older vampire shut the door to the SUV and walked around the other side of the truck. Alistair had managed to open the door and he shut it behind him, stuffing his shaky hands into his pockets. The two walked towards the doorway, a small child sitting on the edge of a chair that by some divine power had escaped the flames that seemed to destroy the rest of the building. Then they walked inside, Alistair picking up the child. He looked to the child curiously...the child not looking but looking like Vincent at the same time. Mckay looked to Alistair.

"Who does he belong to...? You or Vincent?" he then thought for a moment. "Or is he perhaps...Rachelle's...?"

He waited for the awswer then nodded and blinked, suprised. The whole story would have to wait till later. Then a wonder scent caught his nose above all the other scents that could possibly be in a burnt out building. He could smell ash...some artsist's supplies...smoke in the air and the scent on some of the rubble. But the scent that stuck out was a sweet, warm scent...almost like a warm apple pie...or apples in cinnimon. Whatever the scent it was pleasing and he wanted to know what it is and where it was coming from. McKay blinked in suprise and walked through the rubble, following the scent. Then he found it...it was coming from a human woman. She really was quite beautiful. He stood up strait, looking strait at her with his red and purple eyes. Tall, striking, and handsome there was a preasance about him that was to be admired and reckoned with. Slowly he took a few steps closer to her, his voice just as pleasing to the ears with his brittish accent still. McKay smile warmly at her, trying not to be imtimidating.

"You must be Rachelle..."

Allistair looked to McKay as he asked who the child belonged to. "He's Vincent's, I think. I don't really know the whole story, so I'm not entirely sure," he smiled a little, the child telling him he didn't know where Rachelle had gone off to. Shifting the child around in his arms, Allistair followed McKay, not knowing how the older vampire knew where he was going. His less sensitive nose couldn't smell Rachelle from here, so all he could do was follow him. When the two of them reached the waiting room, he saw her sitting on the couch, her head in her hands. He was about to say something when McKay spoke, and he waited until he had finished to wave at her, softly saying, "Hello, Rachelle."

Rachelle hadn't heard the footsteps of the two men, too lost in her thoughts to hear it, so she started when the one in front of Allistair spoke. Looking up, her first instinct was panic, thinking that this man was like Aldwin, but then she saw Allistair, and she calmed down. "Y-yes," she replied, taking note of his accent. She vaguely remembered she and her parents traveling to England once, Wales being part of the same country as it. The one thing she could remember about the trip was all the different accents. The English were all so different, and she liked that. She returned Allistair's greeting, giving him a smile. As she looked at him, she realized he was rather handsome, his oddly colored eyes catching her interest. Yet, she had already fallen for Vincent, and wasn't going to break his trust. "You're a vampire, right?" She hadn't meant to blurt it out, but that's what happened., and she couldn't change it.

The older vampire did not even notice that Alistair was following him with the child, he was too mesmerized by the smell of the human. He walked into the room and saw her, not suprised in the least Vincent had been done in my such beauty. When he spoke to her she seemed to become startled, like she had expected it to be someone else besides himself or Vincent. She quickly regained her composure and positivly answering his question, she was indeed Rachelle. It didn't seem nor did he sense any connection with him or the woman. So...Vincent had not yet given her a love bite, or fed from her. If he had such influence over her he did not know if he could resist NOT feeding from her. It must have been a great deal of temptation for his blood brother to resist the temptaion of just having his way with her. He easily could, Vampires were much stronger than humans could ever dare to imagine but then again without trust there cannot be any love. So it really was the case...Vincent was either falling in love with her or completly crazy for her already. Who would have thought...a human? There were plenty of gorgous vampire women who would have done anything to get Vincent's attention. Yet a simple, everyday woman had attracted his attention. Then the human asked if he was a vampire and he chuckled, relaxing and coming a bit closer to her.

"Yes...I am. Whatever else could I be M'lady? " He gave a polite bow just like an old-fashioned english gentlemen would. "It's an honor Miss. Rachelle; And it would be rude of me not to intrduce myself at this point...explain why I am here. My name is McKinley Rufus Ashfield but A simple McKay would suffice. I am Vincent's brother, or rather his blood brother...seeing as Aldwin is the man who cursed us both with Vampirism. I am also Alistair's neighbor from across the street. Vincent asked me here because simpley who he is and didn't want not yet trust the lad to be alone with you. So now that I am here is there anything I can do to help? Or Someplace I can take you. I promise you I am quite tame, I wouldn't lay a finger on my brother's lover."

He gave her a playful wink and chuckled softly, standing up strait.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent had not moved an inch since he had taken a seat on the couch. But as the night just kept creeping by the heavy scent of a Alchohol in the air and in someone's blood was getting closer and closer. Not to mention very much stronger. It must be his father. With any luck he would evade his father's eye till morning, during the hangover.

At the man's question, Rachelle shook her head, "I've gotten everything I think I can salvage already. I suppose, just take me to Vincent's house, out of the city. I haven't really got anywhere else to go," she said, gesturing at the ruined building. She stood up, trying to hold back a cough as she accidentally inhaled some ash. Reaching for the box that had everything she had left in the world, she picked it up in her arms. The movement of taking the box from the ashen couch caused a plume of dust, ash, and grime to rise up, staining her clothes a further dark color. She shook her head, muttering, "Wish I had any clothes left..." But she hadn't, they all burned in the fire.

Again, like back at the house, Allistair was about to protest at the mention of not being trusted enough to be left alone with her. But he didn't, figuring it wouldn't be the most tactful thing to do. Instead, he just held the child, who seemed to be falling asleep, as Rachelle and McKay spoke. He didn't mind not participating in the conversation. It was what he did at school all the time. He was used to it.

Fransisco stumbled down the sidewalk, his vision slightly blurry and his gait erratic. However, he was getting back to the house. As he reached the front door, he tried fumbling with his house keys but kept dropping them. After a while of this, he decided to try the door, and to his surprise, it was open. Had he locked it this afternoon? He couldn't remember. Shaking away the thought, he instead went inside the house. Allistair was sitting on the couch, but he looked different. Older, perhaps. Fransisco didn't take the time to ponder this, instead taking a right down the hallway where the two bedrooms were. Opening his door, he crawled into the bed, soon falling asleep.

When Mckay asked if there was anything else she needed from the burnt out location she shook her head. She just wanted to get back to Vincent's home outside the city. After, telling him that she gestured to the ruins and stood up, trying to hold back a cough. But as she reached and picked up the box the held what was left of her belongings the ashen couch let up cloud of ash, dust, and dirt. She Shook her head and muttered something about wishing she had clothing to change into. McKay figured they must have burned in the same fire that destroyed this building. He looked around before looking back at the woman.

"It is getting late but I do believe a new wardrobe is in order...or at the very least a few outfits. Let's go."

He turned on his heel and started back towards the car, not caring to listen to any objections that she might have had. Mckay went over to the car and climbed into the driver's seat, making sure the doors were unlocked. McKay knew of a place where they could go to get clothing this late at night and it seemed this Woman was in desprate need of a new wardrobe. He started the car and waited for Alistair, the child, and Rachelle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened as the man who was his father fumble with the door before figuring out it was already unlocked. The door was then pushed open and he stumbled in, reeking of the drink he had consumed all night up till this point. The man stumbled through the living room, glancing over at him. But after a few moments he looked away and stumbled off to bed. Vincent had not even met this man face to face and already he didn't like him. But he would have to wait until the man was concious again. Meanwhile he waited to see if this man was in danger of being attacked by Aldwin.

Rachelle was about to protest to McKay's insinuation that she needed to get more clothes, not wanting to further burden him, but she finally decided to just go with it. She sent a look to Allistair that said, "You'll have to explain this later..." and she began to move to follow the older vampire. Leaving the building, she saw Vincent's familiar vehicle, and began walking to it. "Do you want the front seat?" she asked Allistair. He responded with, "No, I'll sit in the back with Damien," as he began to strap the child into his car seat. Rachelle shrugged, getting into the passenger's seat, shutting the door behind her.

As soon as everyone was ready to go McKay shifted the SUV into drive and pulled away from the curb. He glanced over at Rachelle once and awhile, turning where he needed to and in general paying attention to the road.

"I am sorry for the suddeness of my preasance but Vince is rather pre-occupied at the moment...I'll leave it to Alistair or Vincent to tell you why. But I must ask about the child. Alistair filled me in on the fact that the child is Vincent's but...do you happen to know whom the mother is...?"

He listened to see if she knew anything. Ahead he saw the shop...it was a small boutique with the lights still on. McKay pulled up the the curb and finnished listening if she had anything to say about it. Then he pulled at the door-handle, slipping out of the car. He shut the door behind him and walked over to the small but charming clothing boutique. As he pushed open the doors a small bell chimed. The shop was decorated rather nicely with some high quality products...the clothing for sale also high quality. Some of it was rather pricy but McKay didn't seem to be bothered by the price tags. There was a woman standing at the counter who was dressed in one of these pricy but stunning sun dresses, stiletto high heels and had long but wavy dark brown hair. She had silver eyes, pale skin, and large Angel wings the feathers stained a pure black. They seemed to be fake at first glance but at second glance one would see they were part of her body...attached to her. The lady looked to be in her early twenties. She looked to McKay at first, a flirty but friendly smile across her lips. Then she caught Alistair's eyes, blinking at him in suprise. She the looked back to McKay.

"Who is this McKay...? "

McKay glanced over at her before beginning to look though the clothing.

"This one is Vince's blood son...My neighbor Alistair. Quite a suprise right?"

She looked back over at Alistair. "Yes...especilly since he spouted that lecture about feeding irresponsibly....But he's a cutie." Playfully she winked at him, a smile across her perfect lips.

Mckay didn't look away, speaking to Alistair and Rachelle.

"Rachelle...feel free to pick out as much as you would like and please don't fuss about the prince tags...Olivia has to make her way some how...and Alistiar...you know how vampire's feed on Humans? Well We are not the top of the food chain...Olivia is a Krusnik and they feed on Vampires. Don't worry though she don't bite...too hard."

As McKay spoke to her, Rachelle listened, seeing the logic behind his question. She answered, "I don't know who the mother is. Vincent hasn't told me." She gave him a small smile as they pulled up in front of a store. It was much more expensive than she'd ever been to. Suddenly, she wished that she hadn't dirtied her clothes by sitting in the ashes like she had. Figuring she couldn't do anything about it now, and that it sort of gave her an artistic look, as if she had been using charcoal, she got out of the car when it stopped. Still, she tried to brush off most of the dark soot from her pants and the bottom of her shirt, not wanting to look as if she had come off of the streets. When she was satisfied with how she looked, she followed McKay into the store, the inside looking more expensive than the exterior had. Then, she felt underdressed. As if she should have dressed nicer to go to such a place.

She didn't really pay attention as McKay spoke to the woman behind the counter, not until he spoke to her about not minding the price tags. Still, as she moved about the store, she did indeed look at them, astonished at some of them. All of the clothes were lovely, and she tried on a few dresses, before finding one she really liked. Stepping out of the dressing room, still in the dress, she asked McKay and Allistair, "Does this look okay on me?" It was a deep green, knee length, and it flowed out from her bust, a wide, gold ribbon tying off behind her back. Its sleeves reached her elbows, loose fitting and translucent. "I don't know, it's so formal," she said as she looked in the ceiling-high mirror, tugging a little at the flowy dress.

McKay looked around at the clothing in the store. It wasn't the first time he had been here but now Olivia had some new articals of clothing. This place wasn't only for dresses and formal things there were very stylish shirts, shorts, tank tops, capris, and undergarmets. Not all of them were Lingerie pieces but there were some of those things here. It was a place where anyone could come and find the fine clothing for both men and women. And with the sex apeal that Olivia definitly had she did well here. He kept an eye on Alistair, not being too bothered if he turned his back on him. McKay would not be as strict with those kinds of things like VIncent obviously was...or else he would not be here right now. Once he heard Rachelle ask a question he turned and walked over to her so he couls take in the whole view. The dress was indeed formal but it was...

"It looks...stunning on you Rachelle. It suites you..."

He blinked in suprise...his words coming out just as amazed as he was. She looked, beautiful, a true gem.

"What do you think Alistair?"

He waited for the opinion of the younger vampire the ushered her to get the dress and look for several more outfits. McKAy had the money and as long as she needed something he would help her along.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He glanced towards the clock. It was approaching two O'Clock in the morning. Vincent waited impatiently...wishing that time would somehow move faster. Alistair didn't have the guts to approach him but VIncent certinly did and he wasn't going to let this slid. THe vampire would not do away with the human father but get away with not being here when Alistair needed him most? Unacceptable...

Rachelle blushed a little at McKay's compliment, not used to being complimented like that. She looked to Allistair, waiting for him to speak. And finally, after a moment's thought, he spoke.

"You look very beautiful, Rachelle. I'm sure that anyone who sees you in it would think so as well." Allistair smiled, truly meaning the words.

After Rachelle changed back into her soot-stained clothes, she found a pretty shirt she liked, but wasn't sure if it would suit her. Searching around for a few more minutes, she saw a pair of dark-colored shorts, and she felt a little daring. She didn't normally wear shorts, not liking having to shower all the time if she was painting, but now that her building was gone, she figured she didn't need to worry about that anymore. Heading into the changing rooms again to see if the clothes fit, she occasionally came outside to get the opinion of McKay and Allistair. All the clothes fit perfectly, and she came out in her own clothes, with a couple days' worth of clothes. Glancing at her watch, she hadn't realized how late it was, how lost she had gotten in the clothing. It was weird, to say the least. Nonetheless, she went to where McKay was, and said, "I think I've got enough clothes, now."

McKay blushed himself a bit at the same time Rachelle blushed. It was cute, very cute...but he knew that it would be cruel to try and take away Rachelle from him. Besides, if he was falling for her it was possible the love was requainted. He shook it off and turned around, going to look but casually glanced up once and awhile. The woman picked up some amazing tops that would flatter her very well and some bottoms to go with them plus the dress. To be honest he was happy the woman asked his opinion on the clothing. But all too soon she came up to him and told him that she had picked out enough clothing for now. He looked down at the armful of clothing and back to her, nodding. Then followed her up to the register. Olivia then rang up the clothing, the final total coming up to be three hundred and twenty-one dollars. Without even blinking McKay pulled out his debt card and swiped it. As he did she wrapped up the clothing and placed into two different bags. McKay then tucked away the card and looked at the clock on the wall. It was just after two in the morning...probably rather later for the child and Rachelle. He turned to them and glanced before thanking Oliva and going out to the SUV. After waiting until everyone was in the car he drove them out to Vincent's house. But instead of coming inside he sat on the porch, taking a box from his pocket, glancing down at it. McKay sighed and set it to the side of him, just looking back up to the night sky. He then leaned against the side of the house, falling asleep till the dawn broke, the sun waking him up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the clock hit seven O'Clock in the morning Vincent stood up from his spot. The vampire followed the scent of the fowl drink to his bedroom. The man was lazily sprawled across his bed. The man scowled down at him. It was pathetic...this man spending his life that way. He went over and leaned against the wall. As the afternoon ticked past he became increasingly irritated. Finally he slammed his fist into the wall next to him, breaking a hole into the wall and in turn making a loud, ear-spliting sound.

-

Once they were back at the house, and Allistair had put the child on the couch in the study, he and Rachelle had a short, non-angry argument about who should sleep on Vincent's bed and who should sleep on the couch. Rachelle argued that Allistair had already slept there, leaving her unspoken argument just that. Unspoken. She didn't want to sleep in Vincent's bed because he might come back at any time and see her. Allistair argued that he was trying to be a gentleman, and he was her employee, so it was his duty. Eventually, it was Rachelle who reluctantly slept in Vincent's room, with Allistair sleeping on the couch. She slept in later than she normally did, both from tiredness and the slight hope that Vincent might come back and see her.

Fransisco woke with a start as Vincent punched the wall, swearing before shouting, "What the hell are you doing, Alli?" When he opened his eyes, he Vincent and it took him a second to realize it wasn't Allistair. Standing up, he asked, "Who the hell are you?"