Invaluable Error

He nodded and clenched his teeth when she asked him if Aldwin was the one who had killed her parents.

"He came home one night...two years before I left. Aldwin started bragging and talking about how he had broken into a house and slaughtered a couple. I'm sorry I didn't stop him...I feel horrible."

He looked up at her and saw the tears in her eyes. She then burst into tears and cried a good long while. When she could finally speak again she thanked him for saving Alistair and to make him a good person...not a monster. Despite his strength he felt his figuritive roof collapse on top of him and a few tears drip down his pale cheeks.

"I would never do that to Alistair intentionally...I want to help him but he has some rough roads and tough choices infront of his path. As a vampire we have to shape who we are and remember when to post boundries when we need. To...he will be different but try not to look at him critically. The only thing changing about him is his Diet...and his apperence a little bit. He will still need you Rachelle..."

Vincent tried to force a smile but then Rachelle paused. She looked at him and then asked a question. She asked if Damien was really his...it sounded like she had the suspicon he wasn't. The Vampire chuckled a bit nervously.

"Ummm...N-Not exactly...but...He was an Orphan...I found him wandering around in the woods by himself and couldn't just leave him there...."

He waited for her response and then kicked his shoes off and went over to the ajoining couch. The Vampire smiled a bit then looked at her.

"You can stay here if you want but I have to take Alistair to feed when he wakes up. But I'm afraid that he has the only bed in the house. So you can sleep where you like. If you get Hungry You can take my SUV and go buy some food...But I think that you understand now why I don't have food in the house..."

He closed his eyes and relaxed finally able to doze off for the afternoon. When he woke though the sun was peeking through the blinds..Indicating a new morning. His eyes widened as he rememberd Alistair and he jumped to his feet. Vincent went back to his room to check on Alistair...see what was of the new Vampire.

She nods as he answers, closing her eyes. "I would never leave Allistair. He means too much to me." She smiles weakly at Vincent, then listens to him as he explains what had happened with the child. "I do not blame you." When he finishes talking, she nods, taking off her shoes and lying down. Closing her eyes, her sleep is wracked with nightmares, and several times she cries out in her sleep, tears in her eyes. But, sleep she did, even if it was disturbed.

Allistair awoke during the night, trying to sit up, but the movement sending pain through his body.
He winced, laying back down, and closing his eyes. He sighed, closing his eyes gently, ignoring the hunger pangs moving through his body. He tried to think of better moments, but couldn't, finding the memories too bittersweet. Quickly, the hunger grew, and he dug his fingernails into his palms, trying to divert the pain. Through the little window, past the blinds, the treeline was glowing with painfully vague hints of an impending dawn. After a while, Vincent came in, and Allistair nodded at him, sitting up, biting his lip when the pain came.

Vincent walked into the room and looked about the room. It was good that everything seemed to be intact. Then he looked to the bed where Alistair was. He nodded and slowly sat up and bit his lip as a wave of pain hit him. Vincent's heart stumbled over itself in his chest as he did that. The older vampire remembered when he first woke up after being turned all to well...cause then he wished that the cancer had taken him that night. The pain was so intense that the human mind could never comprehend it...that kind of pain would work the human mind so much that it would black it out. Otherwise...this kind of pain would kill a human. Alistair seemed to be handling the pain failrly well. He smiled a bit at the boy and walked over to him, sitting on the edge of the bed and trying not to jostle the bed too much for his sake.

"Waking up for the first time is always the roughest. It will be at least a couple more days to a week before the pain completly disappears but you'll be fine. At least you still in the land of the living...if you want to call it that. I know your probably hungry and since you can't move much I'll have to go get someone for you before Rachelle wakes up. And I trust you not to eat her while I am gone since you can barely move right now. Fangs might feel strange in your mouth but they do at first for everyone. But besides that all how do you feel...?"

He waited for his response and listened carefully. Vincent nodded, some of the smile fading.

"If you need anything just ask okay...? I won't be afraid to awnser...Cause I know if I were you...I'd want someone around to help me along...Never had anything but a bad influence and had to find things out the hard way....I'll be back soon."

He stood up and quietly crept out of the house, shutting all doors behind him. As soon as he hit the treeline he smelt blood and followed the scent to a wounded female hiker. She looked to be around Rachelle's age so the guilt he felt for doing this was starting to grow in the pit of his stoumuch. The vampire stopped and offered her assistance...telling her his cabin wasn't too far from here and that he could help her there and patch up her wounds. Little did the woman know that she was being led to her untimely death. Vincent led her back to the house and quitely back into the room where Alistair was. When the ilder vampire shut and locked the door the woman knew something was not right and began to struggle, pounding on the door and crying out for help. Vincent went over to her and covered her mouth, leading her back over to where Alistair was. She struggled and trembled but injured she was no match for the Vampire.

"The neck Alistair...the wrist is no use on your first time feeding. She won't survive this since you won't be able to stop yourself. Go Ahead..."

Vincent held her at an angle where he neck was exposed and reachable by Alistiar and waited...watched for the Young Vampire to feast upon his first victim.

"i'm-I'm still sort of comprehending all that's happened." Allistair whispered when Vincent asked how he felt. Drawing his knees to his chest, he rested his chin on them, closing his eyes lightly as he listened to Vincent. Sighing as he left, Allistair laid his head back down, a headache threatening to start. Running his tongue over his newly developed fangs, "Guess I won't be going to school anymore." he said to the semi-darkness of the room as he waited for Vincent to return.

When he did return, Allistair sat back up, closing his eyes as he heard the woman cry for help. He nodded as Vincent gave him instructions, swallowing hard. Leaning to the woman, he whispered, "Forgive me." as he opened his mouth, exposing his fangs. He was surprised how easily they slid into the soft flesh of her skin, but coughed at the sudden rush of warm liquid into his mouth before drinking deeply, wanting to pull away, but not being able to. Soon, the blood stopped flowing, the woman's desperate heartbeat slowing to a standstill. Taking his mouth from her neck, his eyes took on a sad light. He looked up at Vincent, wiping the blood from his mouth.

Vincent's eyes took on a dark light as Alistair apologized to the woman and sunk his fangs into the desprate her neck. He could smell her blood and it tempted him to have a bite as well but he would feed later when he had the time. As he began to drink he blood he coughed. The teen must have not expected the blood to flow so fast but at first the blood flowed as fast as it would have if you would have slashed the throat. He watched as Alistair Drank. The younger vampire drank long and deeply until the woman stopped struggling and her skin went cold. After the woman died Alistair pulled away and his eyes took on a depressing light...sadness. Then the teen looked up at him, wiping blood from his lips. Vincent took a throw blanket from the otherside of the bed and laid her on the floor, covering her with the blanket for now. He would go bury her in a little while. Vincent sat on the edge of the bed and met his eyes again.

"I know I told you back at the hospital that I wouldn't turn you into a Murderer...it's ironic that now I have...I am so sorry Alistair...this is the very last thing I would want for anyone. Being a vampire is a curse cause you are going to kill alot more people in your eternity than you think possible. It can take away every drop of your humanity...you will have to learn to seperate yourself from the monster. It's the monster that makes you kill and have the need for human blood. But you can't let that control you...once I had enough control of myself I got a job. You don't have to give up your life forever...I still want you to have the life you want to have. When you feel better...maybe after some time You can go back to school but you will have to feed before going into public so temptation is a bit less. It's a burden you'll have to bear...one that you and I both chose. Now...tell me Do you need anything else? Feeling any better after feeding besides guilty or sad...?"

He waited for his response before nodding and sighs responding. Vincent stood up and looked down at the floor then back to Alistair.

"Do you want to stay here or do you want to come along? I have to bury her..."

Vincent waited for his response before picking her up in his arms. The blanket fell off her face and her head tiled back in Vincent's arms. Her face was visible to Alistair. It was pale and cold...appearing to be the same age as Rachelle was. A fit woman who looked as if she had a long road infront of her...a husband she would never marry...children she wouldn't have...a dream job she would never get. VIncent turned on his heel and turned to walk towards the door with her body. Waiting for his response as to weather he was going to come or not.

"I feel, I don't know. Scared. I-I'm afraid that I made the wrong decision..." He trails off, looking away, getting lost in his thoughts. When Vincent spoke again, he replied, "I want to go with you. I don't care how much it hurts. I feel like I need to do this." Allistair replies, sliding off the bed, his body aching in protest. Seeing her face, the boy knew he would never forget it, the first person he had ever stolen a life from. It would haunt him forever. The realization hit him as he followed Vincent to the rest of the house.

Rachelle stirred as she heard the door to Vincent's room open, sitting up, and rubbing her eyes. Seeing Allistair, she stood up, embracing him, almost crying again.
"I'm so happy you're okay." She finally said, letting him go, then seeing what Vincent had in his arms. She quickly looked away, piecing together what had happened. Nodding at both of them, she moved back to the couch, placing her head in her hands.

Alistair's heart flopped in his chest as they coming through the living room woke up Rachelle. He didn't want her to see this...never wanted her to see this side of him. His jaw clenched as she hugged Alistair, making it verbally clear that she was glad he was okay.

"Becareful Rachelle...To put it simply...It's like Alistair was hit by ten busses...all in a row..."

He didn't mean to sound mean at all if he did...he was just feeling a bit agitated holding a dead woman in his arms in the middle of his living room. When she Went over to the couch, burying her facing in her hands he sighed.

"I need to talk to you when we get back Rachelle...and Damien will be waking soon...please if you don't mind don't let him go in my room...the first feeding can be messy...he won't understand...."

As they snuck around the house and back into the woods he thought about what Alistiar had said about being scared that he had made the wrong decsion. The older vampire always worried about the same thing but what was done was done and there was no going back. After going a few miles back into the woods he found a place and he laid her on the ground at Alistairs feet while he took the shovel from AListar they had featched from the back of the house on there way out. He began digging a hole in the ground. After an hour or so he dug a decently deep hole and stood in it looking up at Alistair. He wiped the sweat from his brow and climbed out of the hole. The older vampire gently picked her up and looked down at her for a long few moments before going over to the hole and jumping into it. Gently he laid her body down and covered it with the blanket before covering her with heavy dirt. As they walked back the sun was high in the sky and he looked over at Alistair.

"I know how you feel...after I turned...and even sometimes now I question as to weather I made the right descion in asking Aldwin to turn me...but thinking back on it I was despreate....I just wanted to live and experince all the same things I never got the chance to experince. Love...having children of my own...work to earn money. You made the same choice...you are so young and I don't blame you at all for choosing this. But what is done is done and it only makes our exsistances more miserable if we dwell on it. The same goes for when you have to feed...if you have to kill someone when you feed let it be so...You can't let every death weigh on your shoulders Alistiar...if you don't let it you can still have the life you want...a woman...when you have the control that is...Vampirism is what it is...we are what we are now. Might as well make the most of it.."

They approached the house and Vincent paused and looked at Alistair.

"How...comfortable are you about staying in the house alone with Damien and Rachelle while I go feed...? If your not comfortable I have enough control where I can wait to take you out tomorrow morning and we can both feed..."

Allistair closed his eyes, a single tear falling from his face, as Vincent buried the woman. What right do we have to take another's life for our own survival? The words ran through his head again and again, even though Vincent said not to dwell on it. When he spoke again, it snapped Allistair out of his reverie. "I will be fine." He said, already setting in his mind that he would have the control to keep it together. He would never--could never--hurt Rachelle. He knew that. She was his only true family. Setting his jaw, he looked at Vincent, certainty in his eyes.

Vincent sighed and looked at him. His jaw clenched when he said he would be fine around Rachelle. He looked at him for a few long moments. A serious look came into his eyes, compeating with the certinty in Alistairs.

"I know the beast almost better than I know myself...I watched the true nature of the beast as I lived with it through myself and Aldwin for over fifty years. I am telling you right now Alistair, and I apologize if this sounds cruel in anyway but you...and I are never as strong as we believe we are. The will to feed is stronger than the human will. Than human compassion and relationships. Aldwin was turned by mistake back at the beginning of the 1700s. Believeing he had contol he went back home after two years. His wife took him back...but he lost control a few days later and slaughtered his life and two children. One was seven the other was three. Now those were the people he care for most in the world. As a vampire we loose the privilage of choosing Alistiar. We will most often choose who is closest to feed on. Why do you think I live in the middle of the woods away from alot of people? Even I can't control it all the time so I have to control my environment. I want you to think seriously on this...you have to treat yourself as if you won't be able to control the monster or urge to feed. I can teach you to restrain yourself...pull away like I did at the hospital but there are alot of risks involved...now I will stay here. I have to talk to Rachelle...and you again after I talk to her...Stick close by...please."

He turned on his heel and walked towards the house, his hands clenched. For some reason it felt like he was scolding a child of his own flesh...but in a way he was. Like how He himself was a blood child of Aldwin...Alistair was now his blood child. It was like that with all vampires. Now Vincent was responsible for anything long life...another person who was in Vampiric terms a infant. He went into the house and into the living room. The vampire sat next to Rachelle on the couch.

"Rachelle...I am so sorry you saw that...I...I didn't mean to wake you up. I never want you to see that. Never wanted you to see the result of who I am...and how Alistair is now..."

Left outside, Allistair sighed, sitting on the bottom step of the stairs leading to the back door. He didn't want to believe what Vincent said, but he knew that what he had said was true, even if he hadn't experienced it first hand. Placing his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands, he sat that way for several minutes, trying not to cry, even though he wanted to. He had never cried so much, not since he was six and he learned that crying got him nowhere, that it would only infuriate his father more.

Looking up when she felt Vincent sit down next to her, Rachelle listened to him, a slight crease between her eyebrows. When he stopped, she was silence for several seconds, before saying,
"You need it to survive, I cannot blame you for that. Like humans slaughter animals for food, you must do the same to humans. However, there is a large distance between those who mercilessly reap them and those who try to hold onto what makes them human, like you." She pauses. "Being human isn't about what you are, it's who."

He listened as she spoke to him. She had said that they needed to survive and of course she was right. As Alistair was now he only needed to feed every three to four days. But once so many years have passed, like it had for him, he would need to feed more and more frequently. The vampire was glad that she didn't. Vincent did not have a choice but to kill and feed. The problem with only feeding until the person blacked out was that they would have to attack more than one person. Therefore it was more likely that the vampire would be caught and slayed. There were vampire slayers in this world and Vincent worried that Alistair would develop the fear of killing. Being caught, tortured and killed by a Vampire slayer was a horrific sight to watch, see, or participate in. Vincent grew more tense...he would have to tell Alistair about them later on but not too late. He didn't ever want it to be too late for his new Blood son. Then he heard her say there was a difference between merciless killers and those who still valued their humanity just like he did. Vincent sighed and finnished to the rest of what she was saying.

"While what you say is mostly true, when the situation demands it we have to kill the innocent. That woman that Alistair just fed from, she lives in town with her four year old twin daughters. A clean record and did nothing wrong short of having children too early. She worked very hard to give everything to those children that they needed. A good person. Even still when he acts mercilessly he still needs you...so you will need to for him for having to do that....Were not human but we are uselessly trying to cling to our humanity. I am far from what people would define as human...but I will try to keep Alistair as close to his humanity as I possibly can..."

He didn't know why but he reached out and touched her arm reashuringly. Then he moved to touch her cheek with the same hand but shook his head and stood up, pulling away. Vincent went back out to where Alistair was and sat beside him. He looked over at them.

"If there is anything please talk...ask...I am willing Alistiar...Before I have to ask you something. Well...What are you going to do about your father? I know you don't have a good relationship with him...what would he do if you just disappeared?"

Allistair glanced up as he heard Vincent come outside, looking into his eyes as he sat next to him. He patiently listened to him talk, and it took him a few seconds to reply. Finally, he said, "He'd probably figure I was out doing my own thing for a few days, I'm old enough to take care of myself, at least he thinks so, so when I work for Rachelle, or stay in her guest room in her building, for days at a time, because I was too scared to go back, I'd return and all he'd say is, 'Oh. You're back.' He probably won't do anything. Won't call the police or anything, at least." Allistair gives a small chuckle. "Probably'd be glad that I finally left." His eyes grow more than a touch sad, but he shakes it away, looking down at his shoes.

After Vincent spoke, he touched Rachelle, reassuringly, and she smiled a little at his effort. She saw him move to touch her cheek after, but decide against it and leave. If she was to be truthful to herself, she had kind of wished he had caressed her cheek, even though she probably wouldn't have admitted it.

As Vincent spoke to Alistair, he listened carefully, looking the older vampire in the eyes. Then after sitting next to him the younger Vampire awnsered after a bit of hesitation. He told him that his father would think he was out doing his own thing, that according to his father he was old enough to take care of himself. A frown came across Vincents lips. Old enough to take care of himself? If His father or himself kicked him into the streets he wouldn't stand a chance. Especilly how he was now. As a human he had only trivial cares to worry about. Now as a vampire he would have to watch his every move. One wrong choice and his ashes would be scattered to the wind. This part of the world was so cruel and unforgiving. It was a world, a life that didn't allow stupid mistakes...where even the smartest fell victim to their selfish desires. As he sighed he continued to listen as the young boy discribed how he would sometimes be away from home for days at a time. Too fearful to return. Then upon his return found his own father to be uncaring and not at all worried as to where he had been.

Over all his father would not do a bloody thing to search for his now Vamperic Son who would have to go missing. Then Vincent watch as an overwhelming sadness came into Alistair's eyes, which he quickly brushed away looking down at his shoes. Vincent remembered the despair of having to stick by Aldwin's side. Fearful of himself, his bloodthirsty tendancies, and his maker who did nothing to show him how things should be done. Like how he wanted to cry at that time because of how frustrated he was...because of the pain. But if he did cry Aldwin did nothing but ignore him. So he built a wall inside himself that prevented him from crying. But that only lead to bursts of anger which nearly got him killed. It wasn't good and he could see just how much Alistair wanted to cry. Vincent just looked off in the distance, the look in his eyes was like he was remembering something from his past.

"I am sure that you've been told not to cry. To cry shows that you are less of a man...and it fixes nothing. But in truth it fixes everything and it makes you the stronger, better person. If you don't cry then it builds up inside of you until you can't stand it anymore. Then you do something that cannot be fixed with anything short of lots of time. If you need to cry it's fine. It is not my place to judge what you have been through or what requires tears and what dosn't. It's just if you need to express yourself do...it's not healthy to keep emotions like you probably have pent up. I saw that look in your eyes when you spoke of your father not doing a thing if you went missing. You wish that he did care don't you? I know what it's like...and when I was in that situation all I wanted was my family back...someone who did care and want to help me in all that I did...Listen Alistair. I am already worried about your fear of killing...because it will get you killed. If you feed all the time with the intention to leave the victim alive then it will attract the attention of some very unwanted guests. Those guests are Vampire Hunters, Slayers whatever you wish to call them. They will capture you, lock you up, starve you till you start acting like a wild animal. Then they will take you out in the middle of nowhere and let you go. Slowly taking turns, torturing and killing you. Now that I have turned you I feel an attachment...like I just had/made a child. You have to feed to Kill Alistair...this world is more uncaring and unforgiving than the one ou just came from...You have to Kill...or it's your funeral."

Allistair avoided looking at Vincent when he spoke of killing. He didn't think he could do it, take the lives of people so he could survive. But he knew that everything he had said was true. Sighing, he shifted his gaze from his shoes to his hands. How many more people must he kill? It was human nature, he told himself. No matter what he would tell himself, he would always put his own life in front of anyone else's. But he wasn't human, was he? The realization hit him like a train. "I just don't know what to think anymore..." he finally whispered, reaching his arm up, and taking the hair tie from his hair, holding it in his hands. Finally, after a while of this, he stood up, and ungracefully threw it, it landing in the grass some ten yards away. He sat down again, dark curtains of hair covering his eyes so Vincent couldn't see him cry.

When Vincent looked back over at Alistair he hand shifted his gaze from his shoes to his hands. It was as if he was evaluating what he would have to use them for in the future...to kill. Then after a few moments he reached up and took the hair tie that he was using to tie his hair back, out of this hair. Then a while passed before the boy stood up, ungracefully threw the band hard across the yard. It only landing about ten yards away from the vampires. He then sat down again and buried his face in his long dark hair. Vincent smiled sadly at the poor boy. All he wanted and deserved was at the very least a father who loved and cared for him. A father that would worry about his well being. It was all any child deserved. Vincent felt hurt for him...at the very least he had at one point for sixteen years a father who loved him and worked hard so he had a good life while he was living as an Human. Alistair had never had that and who knows what happend to his mother. It was a hard life and now it was only about to get worse. But he would do everything in his power to help the boy keep every ounce of humanity he could. The humanity that he had let slip away so long ago. This was no longer a game...no longer about pawning the child off on someone. Now he had two lives to look after and he wasn't about to let Rachelle go out by herself again...not with the danger of Aldwin still being in the area. Vincent stood up and leaned over a little, gently patted Alistair on the back like any loving father would to reassure their child.

"Always remember this Alistair...no matter what you father said...It's okay to cry. But if you don't want anyone to see you cry that is fine too...Perhaps the best thing right now is to think...you can't go anywhere, build upon yourself if you don't have an opinion. Form one and I will do everything in my power to help you...I won't let you down Alistair..."

With that he went inside and went back into the living room, sitting on the couch and burying his face into his hands. It was mainly in exustion and the pain his body felt after the physical exersion he had to do in order to save Alistiar. It wasn't good...especilly when he was trying to fully recover. He sighed then look up, rubbing his temples with his fingers before looking to Rachelle.

"He will be fine...Just a little overwhelmed right now...needs some time to himself to think all this though....But besides that, how much longer do you have to be here before going to school over in Russia...?"

Rachelle glanced up when she felt Vincent sit down. She was about to say something when he did, but felt he needed some time to himself for a moment. When he did speak to her, she responded, "Two and a half months. I don't know if I can go anymore. Not with my building gone and Allistair how he is. I need to be there for him, but I also have to deal with the insurance company and my clients who lost commissions to the fire." She sighed, running a hand through her hair, when her eyes suddenly grew sad. "God, I don't even think I'll be able to pay for college anyways, not with how much I'd have to pay for the damages and lost materials."

She explained that with everything that had happened she didn't even know if she would...could go to school anymore. That she couldn't afford it and she needed to be there for Alistair. He immeidtly looked over at her, eyes a bit wide. For some reason he didn't like the idea of her not going to school anymore.

"Over two months should be plenty of time to work things out with your clients...And I will cover everything here. Besides...now that Aldwin knows where I am, where you are, I have to move soon and get out of here. Also I know you want to be there for him but I am afraid that is just about all you can do is be there. He is not in a very stable condidtion right now and won't be for at least another...five...ten years even if he claims to feel stable. I just don't want you to be hurt by him...I know he would never intentionally hurt you but It's the beast inside of us...not auctully who we are. But if you still want to be there for him then I will follow you over with Alistair and Damien. I have a passport, Damien and Alistair would need one though...Might prove difficult to get him out of the country without his father knowing...or the authorities."

He sighed again and smiled a bit for her. Vincent reached out and without stopping himself reached out and brushed his hand against her cheek softly.

"But I won't think about that too much tonight..."

Rachelle nodded, understanding prevalent in her eyes. She started when he touched her cheek, not used to someone touching her so kindly, but she smiled gently, finding comfort in his touch. "Thank you," she said, "for saving him. It means a lot to me." Tucking her hair behind her ear to keep it out of her eyes, she looks to Vincent with admiration, with sad shadows dancing about behind it.

Vincent smiled softly, seeing the understanding in her eyes. That was then he reached out and brushed his hand against her cheek. She seemed a bit startled, like she was not used to someone touching her. It was a shame, she was so Beautiful. Not only that but smart and creative and everything that made him like a woman. Then she also gently smiled...it made his heart flutter a bit. Vincent would not admit it but the woman he had presued to pass the child onto he had started to fall for. When he moved his hand she thanked him for saving Alistair...that she was so very thankful for his actions. As he spoke she tucked her hair behind her ear to keep it out of her face. It was good that she did...she had a face worth looking at. The look in her eyes was admiration but there was something else. It was a tragic...sad shadow dancing about in her eyes. The shadow was heavy...and the sadness deep. The vampire wanted to make her feel better...he didn't want Rachelle to feel this way. So he again reached out but this time caressed her cheek, gently stoking the soft skin of her cheek with his cold thumb. His touch chilly...and cold but he needed to do something. Say something to make those shadows disappear. Of course he would tell the truth, never anything less for this woman. His voice was gentle and reassuring but warm as he spoke.

"I know how much he means to you...and with me loosing my life human life so young I felt sympathy for him. No one deserves to die...and I don't think I could have lived with it to see you watch Alistair Die. I will do my absolute best to keep him who he is...just don't treat him any different. That is what makes it the worse..."

Then he couldn't stand it anymore. He leaned in a placed his lips against hers...kissing her. His kiss was gentle but firm. Vincent didn't know why he didn't warn her or something but he just needed this...and hoped it might help her. He hoped the kiss would chase away the shadows...the dark shadows did not suite her.

She smiles softly at his words, nodding. Rachelle cared so much for Allistair that it was like a gunshot to the chest to see him hurt. She'd do anything for him, if he needed it. Maybe it was because she could relate to him, so much better than anyone else she had met. He never knew his mum, and his father was certainly not suited to be a dad, so it was like he was an orphan like her. If she had been forced to watch her parents' killer once again take away from her a person she loved, Rachelle didn't believe she would be able to go on living.

As he leaned in, she almost made a move to lean backwards, but he was too quick, and her body wouldn't move. Soon, his lips were upon hers, and although for a second she resisted, she soon returned it, her eyes closing.