Invaluable Error

He chuckled a bit as she said he seemed like he had knowladge beyond his years. A smile came across his lips.

"You have no Idea Rachelle...No Idea."

She told him that the commissions would not be an issue and that it wasn't work if she liked doing that. The woman was lucky. Vincent had saved enough money to come to the united states and more...he had saved from the time he was sixteen so it had been over fifty years. His savings were enormous...only taking what he needed when he absolutly needed it. She then grabbed paper and a pen telling him she would give him half off. The woman said something else then laughed. He smiled a bit then looked at her.

"I need three Pictures if you don't mind...And I do intend to pay you in full. I Want one of my family. I don't have a picture of them on me so give me a minuete to remember....My father was tall...probably a little over six feet tall...he wore glasses and had a five o'Clock shadow...old style button up shirt and dress pants, old worn dress shoes. My mother was about a foot shorter than him and wore a simple button up dress. Long Black hair and deep stormy grey eyes..."

Then he went on to discribe his six other siblings, a gentle smile on his face but sadness in his eyes.

"I've had the family portrait in my head since they all died in an accident...I survived...somewhere on there I don't care where, put...'Between the conception and creation, Between the emotion and response Falls the shadow."

Vincent then sighed as she finnished writing the things down and began to discribe the next one he wanted done.

"Next...It is a woman...not my mother but another woman. In her early twenties. She has a petite figure and is about the same height as my mother. She had long braided hair...brown hair and blue eyes. The woman is holding a child that is probably about a month old. I don't know who exactly she is but I have a feeling she met a horrible end...With this somewhere put Between the Idea and the reality,Between the motion and the act, falls the shadows..."

Then his jaw clenched and he tensed as he spoke, eyes narrowing a bit. A fierce dark light entering his eyes.

"The last one...It a man. He is about five foot ten or so. Trim, fit, and thin. He had pale, fair skin, and usually wore a tail coat or the latest fashion in london. He had long blonde hair which he usually kept pulled back. Has eyes the color mine are now...sometimes wore hats...He was someone I knew from somewhere...sometime after my family's accident...On this one put...Between the desire and the spasam, between the potency and exsistance, Between the essance and the descent Falls the Shadows...They are are exerpts from the T.S. Eliot Poem "The Hollow Men" I will go and get the pay as soon as possible. Is there anything else I can get for you while I run an arrand perhaps Lunch or something? Or I can just leave if you want me too. Either way I give you some space to work..."

She looked at him, nodding occasionally, as she wrote down all he said. She also took note in her head his physical reactions to what he was describing. When he was finished, she replied, "Lunch would be lovely. I don't care where from, just not something that's been deep-fried. The words, from the poem, are lovely. I'm sure I'll have a great time painting these. The people, I can tell each one of them are wildly different, and have different lives, pasts, and reasonings. They were all real people, weren't they? I mean, obviously your parents, and the man, but the woman, too. It's like-"

She was stopped by a loud explosion. Quickly, she got up, dropping the cup of coffee on the floor, but not noticing. Taking her phone from her pocket, she quickly typed in the numbers 0802. A robotic voice prompted, "Panic?" Rachelle replied positive, and went to the door, after feeling it wasn't hot. Upon opening it, she was thrown back by a wave of heat, flames licking at the door frames. She didn't know how long it would take before Allistair would contact the authorities, that's what the panic button was for, or how long it would take for the authorities to arrive.

It must've been the kiln. A speck of paint must have gotten onto the vase, and when it heated to a high enough temperature, the paint exploded. There weren't any windows in the room; it was the innermost room of the building. Getting back up, she made sure Vincent was still around, and realized she had to make a decision: Stay and die, or run through the flames. She couldn't let Vincent die in here, though, nor did she know what he'd do. She began shaking, panic starting to take its hold on her.

As he was about to respond to what she said there was a huge explosion sound. He winced, dropping his mug of coffee to cover his ears. His sense of hearing as a vampire was enormously enhanced to the blast to him was atleast five times louder than she had heard it. When he looked up again Rachelle was dialing a number on her phone then went to the door. He could smell it before she had opened the door. It was the ashy smell of fire. He recognized it from the times Aldwin was looking to dispose of a body. He usually burned the bodies before ridding of the ashes cleanly into people's gardens. Then the funny thing was people wondered why their gardens grew so well. He was about to call out to not to open the door but she did and a burst of fierce heat threw her back. The flames licked at the door, threatening thier way into the room. Vincent went over to her and crouched by her side, looking over her to make sure she had not been injured.

"Are you okay Rachelle...?"

He helped her back away from the flames then carefully approached the flames again. If he entered the flames he could get out but his skin would be burned off and he would need to feed to recover. But if they waited here any longer both the Child and Rachelle would die. It might look odd for him to surviving a fire that should have killed him. Vicnent turned around and faced her, his red eyes flickering in the light coming from the fire.

"Forgive me for handling you in such a way Rachelle but I cannot allow a woman to die here."

He grabbed the child and then picked her up bridal style, throwing his coat he had left her last time over her and the child. Vincent turned and ran into the firece flames. The vampire felt as the flames burned at his sensitive skin and he growled, clenching his teeth. After a time he reached the outside of the building, his skin covered in painful burns. He set Rachelle and the kid down before uncovering them. Vincent tried to keep his composure but couldn't as his muscles collapsed underneath him and everything went black.

Fear had taken a hold of Rachelle, and she barely noticed when Vincent picked her up. It was like her heart had stopped, her muscles clenching. She hadn't felt this way since the day her parents were taken from her. As if, the whole world will pass her by, and she'd still be standing there, eyes wide in panic. She could feel the heat of the fires, but most of the burning flames were kept from her and the child by his jacket. When he finally put the two of them down, tears had streamed down the child's face, leaving clean tracks through the soot. Rachelle was completely blackened by the soot and ash, her clothes no doubt ruined.

Seeing Vincent fall to the sidewalk in front of her building, she snapped out of it, leaning over him and putting out the fires that still were burning. Where were the paramedics? Hadn't Allistair gotten the message?
"Vincent," She said, her mouth clenched in fear, "Vincent, you are not going to die here. I won't let you." A few blocks away, she could hear the sirens of firetrucks and ambulances, and farther away Allistair's hearse screeching down the street. "Don't you dare die on me. I will never forgive you." She told him, tears beginning to fall down her face and onto his. But he was already unconscious, couldn't hear her. A crowd of people were gathering all down the block, parting to let the emergency vehicles get through.

A paramedic ran toward the three, followed by more pushing along a stretcher.
"I'm fine. It's Vincent that needs help." She told them, gasping the words out between sobs. This was her whole life, going up in smoke. Looking down, she found her hands gripping the notepad, the edges of the papers burnt, but the writing inside fine. Finally, she said to the paramedics, "I have an assistant, he'll be riding in the ambulance with us. I refuse to leave this man, and I will stay with him." She said, with all certainty. She glanced over as she saw Allistair running down the street to her.

Through the rest of the incident the Vampire was unconcious...his body trying desprately to recover. He was running on fumes though and the human food was increasingly making him feel more and more Ill. Right now it still felt like his whole body was still on fire. The vampire had not been in this much pain since he was a human and it had been an awful long time. He didn't know Weather or not it was the length of time it had been since he had felt pain of any kind or just the sheer amount of pain the flames caused. It probably was a combination. When he woke he was in a white room, a heart monitor in the background, the heart rate it was measuring slower than a normal human heart rate. Vincent groaned as his eyes opened all the way. It felt like he had been hit by a bus, his whole body aching. Looking around he saw the heart machine was attached to him. Also attached to him was a bag of red and clear liquids then another bag of clear liquids. His jaw clenched as the scent of blood entered his nose. The red liquids dripping into him was human blood. As he clenched his jaw blood dripping down his face, stinging the burns on his face. he growled in pain as a nurse enterd. She smiled brightly as she went over to him asking to take his vitals. He wasn't in a place to object so he nodded, wincing as he did.

She came over and took his heart rate down, followed by his blood pressure which was also low. She looked at him, a look of concern on her face before she turned to go out of the room. He laid back and shook his head, wincing. Now he was stuck in a hospital where he would not be able to feed...eventully he would have to and it would not end well at all. It would expose his kind and Aldwin would sure track him down and kill him. He shook in fear, pain, and hungar...closing his eyes for a moment. Then he wonderd how Rachelle was doing. He hoped she was okay...she better be.

"It's all my fault, Allistair!" Sobbed Rachelle as she sat outside Vincent's room, Allistair trying his best to comfort her. "If I had payed more attention instead of thinking on the past, this wouldn't have happened! Jesus, Allistair, he risked his damn life to save me, and now he's going to die, or be handicapped, or something is going to happen where he will lose Damien!" She rested her elbows on her knees, covering her eyes with her hands.

"Rachelle!" Snapped Allistair. "You mustn't say such things!" The child was sitting in his lap, completely oblivious. He had brought a change of clothes to the hospital for Rachelle, and she had cleaned off most of the soot in the bathroom.

At his exclamation, Rachelle looked up. Allistair had never raised his voice to her, always speaking with "inside voices." It both startled and amazed her. She knew how delicate the situation was, she can't just let herself go, not now. A nurse walks into Vincent's room, coming out a minute later.

"Your friend's awake now." She said, trying her best to smile convincingly, but Rachelle knew too much of the world to know it was bathed in sympathy. Social workers, cousins, police, they had all done it when her parents died. Fake, all of it. A flash of anger passed through Rachelle's eyes, but she let it pass, standing up, Allistair following suit.

Once she had gone into his room, she knelt at his bedside, sobbing on the sheets. "God dammit, Vincent, I'm so sorry." She had done this before, where in times of stress she would use immoderate language, and not care who heard. Allistair sort of faded into the background, knowing this was a personal moment. "I'm so sorry, Vincent."

Vincent opened his eyes when he heard Rachelle come in, she came over and collapsed by the side of his hospital bed. From the look on her face she had, had been crying for sometime now. He felt a bit guilty for making her cry...and he didn't mean to. The Vampire didn't think that she would cry. But she sobbed into the sheets as her assistant Alistair blended into the corner, holding Damien. He was glad that neither Rachelle or the Child had been harmed. If that had been Aldwin, his master would have left him to die in that burning building. He reached out and placed his bandaged hand on top over her head and stroked it a bit. As much as he could without hurting himself. It wasn't much but he had a feeling she needed the comfort more than he did. A small smile came across his lips, as big as he could smile again without agrivating the burn even more. He spoke to her, his voice more hoarse from how dry his throat was and from breathing in the smoke.

"Hey...hey...no need for the apologies Rachelle. It wasn't your fault...it was an accident. I don't want you to worry though...I survived a major high speed collision car crash where the rest of my family died...and I survived an agressive bout with Leukemia. I will be fine...burns like this won't beat me, you'll see. I had to save you...I wouldn't have forgiven myself had my son and a woman perished in that fire. My concern is your work and your home...where will you stay now? Where will you and Alistair work? I can't let you stay in a motel/Hotel either..."

He looked at her concerned, a frown tugging at his lips. The vampire moved more than he intended and winced in pain, his burned skin letting him know of his blunder. Vincent moved himself a bit to a more comfortable posistion. He tried his best to smile for her.

"And I'm sorry about lunch...remind me I still owe you lunch..."

Rachelle looked up when Vincent began talking, amazed at how much his voice had changed from the smoke. As he spoke, she tried to wipe the tears from her eyes, to put on a brave face. "I haven't anywhere else to stay." She replied, a stray tear falling down her face. "My entire life centered around that building. It feels like a part of me is dying, like when a child finally gives up a security blanket, or when you forget the words to your favorite song. Vincent, forget about lunch. At least until I pay the hospital bill. You got hurt on my property. My insurance will cover it. I'm not letting you do anything for me until then."

A frown completly envolped his lips. No where else to go...? For some reason that bothered him alot. And the words she spoke were true. When he had realized he had lost his humanity he was devistated. The man had not ever fantisized about becoming a vampire. He was always happy with who he was...until he got sick. Then the things that once brought him comfort before were totally gone. He had nothing but a lullbye his mother used to sing for him as a small child. All of a sudden it was his only comfort blanket. But atleast he had that....Rachelle had nothing now. Her home/ work place was totally gone. Her lively hood destroyed in a matter of ten short minuetes. To keep her by his side he figured she would need a security blanket of some kind. Then she spoke of paying his hospital bills and he shook his head.

"Rachelle..I have plenty of money...believe me. You don't need to pay my hospital bills, especilly intensive care unit hospital bills. I am more than capable so use your insurence to fix your work/ living place. And I will treat you to that lunch the second I get out of this place. Hopefully it won't be long."

A smile came across his lips, a familiar light in his eyes. The vampire weakly gestured to his house and car keys sitting on the stand besides his hospital bed.

"Oh and as for a place for you to stay...You can stay at my place if you are comfortable with that. You need a place to stay and you can't stay here all the time. I live about thirty to fourty minuets outside of town in that tiny community. There is a grocery store, small cafe on the corner with excellent food and coffee and just about anything you need out there. Alistair need not waste gas either, you can take my car as well. Please stay out there...I would feel terrible if you didn't have a place to stay. "

Then a nurse came back in the room, the same one as before, a frown on her face. She looked at him like she disapproved of something.

"Mr. Vincent we are not sure of our findings so we need to take new samples and schedual you for a skin grafting surgery..."

Vincent looked at her suprised but nodded a bit, approving it. She came over and took new blood samples then told him his surgery wouldn't be too long from now, two days. He swallowed a lump in his throat as she left the room. Surgery? This could end terribly...Not only for him.

She smiled at his gesture, the sad light in her eyes leaving for a second. "Thank you." She said. "But there isn't any way I'd leave you here. Not like this." When the nurse came into the room, Rachelle took a couple steps back, letting her do her work. "I'd go stark raving mad anyways. Course, with all the doctors, I'd probably go crazy, too. I'm sure Dr. Starr remembers me." She said ruefully, referring to a time she had been admitted here. It was before she had met Allistair, and she was at a cafe drinking coffee when a car drove by and the man in the passenger side opened fire, obviously aiming for someone else, there was a gang war in the area at the time, but the bullet had torn through her shoulder, and coming out of her back. Under all the sedatives, she was extremely sarcastic and cynical, causing her doctors much pain, Dr. Starr the only one who still worked there. "Funny, bad luck seems to follow me around." She laughed, and Allistair, not knowing what she was talking about, chuckled nervously.

It kind of showed how nervous he was...Vincent still rememberd the old world methods for ridding cancer. They used to make him very Ill and he hated them. The last thing he needed was a surgery. He just needed to feed and find a safe place out of the way of the sun or light of any kind to heal. The sunlight coming in from his hospital room windows was just making him increasingly exaused. That and he noticed and felt his heart rate decreasing more than it should. His burnt skin was not going to recover without intrevention...he wasn't going to be able to help himself in this sticky situation. Then he noticed the smile on her face as she declined his offer to stay here with him. Saying that she could not leave him here like this. Then she talked about a doctor who would still remember her from her time here. He smiled a bit warmly and chuckled wondering what it was she could have possibly done to the poor Doctor. After that Rachelle said a comment that rang true even with him, that bad luck followed her around. He nodded, smiling a bit.

"So true that is...for me at least.
Luckiest things that ever happened to me were living though cancer and getting Damien after his parents died. Can't say much more than that though..."

Then he felt a pang in his chest as the heart monitor detected a really low heart rate. He winced a bit loudly in pain, grabbing his burn and his chest. He had to feed soon and it had to be someone close by. His inner beast demanded it and his body craved it. Vincent could hear the heart rate of the doctor coming into the room...Alistair heart rate which was also strong, and especilly Rachelle's so vibrent, strong, and lively. It was so tempting he had to clench his jaw to hide his fangs.

Glancing up as she heard the heart monitor take a dive in pitch, Rachelle stood up quickly, hailing the nearest doctor she could find in the hallway. The doctor came into the room, checking all the various machines hooked up to him. She stood back to allow him to do his work, lingering by Allistair, who was a full head taller than she.

When the doctor left, after saying something to Vincent, she came forward again, asking,
"What did he say? Are you going to be okay?" Tears threatened to once again burst the dams of her tear ducts, her normally happy face turned downward.

Once the pain went off in his chest, everything just blurred togeather. He didn't see the doctor come in or Rachelle leave the room. It was just an agonizing pain, his lungs pleading for the breathe they were deprived of now. His struggles were apparent to people near the room as he gasped loudly for breathe. His eyes widened as he felt his heart rate shoot up, his body attempting to circulate nutrtion to the rest of his body so it could heal his burned surface. Vincent cried out in pain, clutching his chest as doctors watched the heart monitor baffled. They had watched his heart rate go from dangerously low to sky high. It had been such a long time since his heart had beated this fast. In fact last time it had beated this fast he was human, over fifty years ago. The doctors rushed about the room sticking needles into his arm, injecting human medication into his system. He struggled against them. He did not want anything other than to feed, these human drugs made him feel Ill. Suddenly he was being held back, his head tilted back and a mask put onto his face. It blew air into his mouth and nose. He despratly gasped as much in as it was offering him. His lungs were relieved as he breathed in the supplied air. After awhile they took away the mask and put oxygen tubes into his nose. His muscles relaxed, his heart rate dropping down to a bit higher than normal for him. The man's throat was dry and it ached. There was no denying he had to feed and soon was too far away. He wasn't going to last much longer, trapped inside this building with hundreds of humans. It was so tempting, thier fresh blood pulsing strongly though thier veins. Then one tall male doctor looked at him, then to his clipboard and back.

"Well it would seem that for some reason you had a heart attack...I don't know what caused it be we are going to look into it. It's a good thing you are young and healthy, otherwise it would have killed you. Take it easy and don't get too excited."

With that he turned away and Rachelle came back into the room, tears threatening to form in her eyes once again. She asked him what had happened and he smiled the best he could but the pain still dwelled a bit in his chest.

"I had a heartattack...I don't know why but they are looking into it. It's going to be okay Rachelle...Please...Don't cry again. Oh and one more thing...I hope it is not too awkward to ask. But May I talk to Alistair for a moment...?"

"Yeah, sure." Rachelle said, taking the child in her arms and giving Allistair a look that said, 'Please.' She left the room, shutting the door quietly, and sitting down in the chair next to Vincent's doorway. Soon, a familiar doctor passed by, backtracking when he recognized who it was.

"Ms. Levine." He said simply.

"Dr. Starr, how have you been?" The aging doctor replied, then asked about the child. "He's not mine. He's my friend's child. There was an accident at my building while he was there, and he got hurt pretty badly." She explained, idly making small talk with Dr. Starr.

Allistair blinked as he made the request, thinking, Why would Rachelle's friend want to speak with me? However, being too polite to not grant him his wish, Allistair stayed, waiting until she had left the room.

"Okay." He breathed, walking next to his bed. "What is it you want?"

Vincent felt a bit awkward asking to speak to Alistair but he didn't know what else to do at this point. He couldn't just get up and walk out of here. The doctors wouldn't let him especilly if he had just had a heart attack. Rachelle to the child and slipped out of the room, shutting the door. Alistair walked up to him, asking what he wanted. Vincent look up at him, something wild in the vampires eyes.

"I am sorry if this makes you uncomfortable... but It's just as much so for me as it is for you.Rachelle told me about you. Please don't be mad at her. It wasn't my place to know and I didn't ask but it must have been rough. I had a father like that too after my biological parents died...but I also noticed you like supernatural things, darker things if you will. But when I told you my eyes and fangs were a costume pieces that wasn't exactly the truth. Do you believe in...Vampires Alistair? Or think they might exsist?"

He could hear blood pumping through Alistairs Veins and he shook his head. The vampire closed his eyes trying to focus on the situation at hand. But as every second passed blood became more and more tempting. If he didn't feed within a couple of hours than this hospital was done for...and there would be a mass man hunt. For him.

Allistair closed his eyes when Vincent mentioned his father. He had no right to be angry at Rachelle. If she had deemed it necessary to tell him, than so be it. At the mention of the paranormal, his eyes reopened as he answered Vincent's question. "I certainly believe in things people don't understand, haven't the capacity to." It was a phrase he had made himself, so people wouldn't think him insane. "But that isn't what you mean, is it?" Allistair swallowed. "You're saying that you're a...you're a vampire, aren't you?" Nervously, he spins the Claddagh ring on his middle finger, then pushing up his glasses with the other hand. Allistair could see the wild light in Vincent's eyes. His chewed-down fingernails were ragged, his long sleeve shirt covering scars and bruises. His long hair was pulled back from his face, accentuating his angular features. His heart was beating faster, anticipation building in his chest. He had believed for a while, not telling anyone, and to finally know for sure that it was real, that he wasn't believing in an invisible god, was amazing to him.

His father ssemed to be a sensitive subject. As he closed his eyes upon his mentioning. Then when he mentioned the paranormal and Alistair's eyes opened quickly. He spoke saying he believed in thing other people didn't. Vincent sighed in relief and a small smile came across his lips. Then he caught on to Vincent's question as he swallowed a lump in his throat. Alistair asked if he was a Vampire. Before awnsering the teen twisted his ring on his middle finger. Alistair hadl longer hair and angular features. The Vampire could hear his heart rate increasing, more than likely in excitment or anticipation.

"You caught on...Yes. I am a vampire...I wanted you to know because You were more likely to believe me than Rachelle. I was born in 19th century Russia. I know it's hard to believe but I need to feed,,,drink blood. I got Rachelle out of the fire but now I am stuck here. I am not exactly free to feed here so I can't recover. Skin grafting surgery won't do me any good and if I don't feed soon this hospital will become a slaughter house. I really don't want that to happen...I am not a complete and total monster. If I don't feed within the next two hours or so...I want you to get my Son and Rachelle out of here...It won't be pretty...not at all. In fact it would be rather ugly and stir up alot of Media attention..."

Allistair nodded. "I promise. And if there's anything you need, I'll be there, yeah?" His smiling eyes quickly became serious. "Please...don't hurt Rachelle. She's the closest thing to a mom I've ever had. To know that she won't be walking the earth anymore...I don't know what I'd do..." He trails off as he looks away, willing himself not to cry. "And don't-don't break her heart. It hurts me inside to see her unhappy. Don't die, either." He said with surprising firmness in his tone, so uncharacteristic for him. "Ninety percent mental, ten percent physical, right?" He sighs, looking downwards, not knowing how to follow up his statement.

He listened to everything that Alistair as he said. That he would be there if he needed anything. But then it suprised him a bit as his bright eyes became serious. He pleaded with him not to hurt her, that she was the closest thing to a mom that he had ever had. It would kill him if she ever died. Then his voice trailed off and he looked away. Then Alistair asked him not to break her heart...it killed him inside to see her in so much emotional pain. It suprised the vampire how firm the man's voice got as he warned Vincent not to die either. That survival was ninty percent mental and ten percent physical. Alistair sighed and looked downwards as Vincents voice became firmer too.

"That is why I am asking for your help Alistair. I don't want to be the monster that my Maker...Master whatever they call them now days is. If I slaughter all these people then he will come back here, knowing it is me. Aldwin is not a kind person in the least. Aldwin is my step-father and the person who killed Rachelle's parents. If he finds her he will find her and kil her as well as probably you. He is a beast...monster. I am asking you to help me find someone to feed from. I can't leave anywhere and I am having heart attacks because my body is trying to rush recover my skin when I don't have any food in my system...Normally I would never involve a human in my hunt unless I was hunting them...I don't really have anyone else who can help me..."

There was a pleading look on his face, his voice convaying the truth. He at this point looked very sickly, his needly body quickly deteriorating.

Allistair thought about it for a second, chewing the inside of his cheek. Finally, he said, "This is the first floor, isn't it?" He moved to the curtained window, opening them slightly to see out. Confirming this, he said, "Okay. I have an idea. Wait here." He paused. "Except I don't think you'll be going anywhere. Don't worry. Rachelle won't learn anything." After making sure it was okay, he took Vincent's keys from the table.

He left the room, and spoke to Rachelle, handing her the keys. "He wants you to go to his house. Says he can't get better until he knows you're taken care of. Says to take his car."

"As for me, I have a slight...family emergency to take care of." He said, clearly lying.

"Why are you lying to me, Allistair?" Rachelle asks. "You've said it yourself, you have no family. So, I'll ask again. Why are you lying?"

"Listen, Rachelle. Say, I like a girl. Say, that girl asked me out. Say, I knew you'd make a big deal about, so I chose not to tell you. Now can I leave?"

A smile spreads across Rachelle's face. She stands up, hugging him. "Oh, Allistair, that's so wonderful. Go ahead, go with her, and expect to tell me all about it tomorrow." She lets him go, and follows him out to the parking lot. After unlocking the car door to Vincent's car and placing the child in the car seat, she gets in, following the directions Vincent had told her earlier.

Allistair drives around the block, to give Rachelle enough time to leave. He felt bad lying to her like he did, but it was to protect her. Returning to the hospital, he goes to Vincent's room, and rushes out, a mask of fear on his face. Grabbing the nearest nurse, one he believed he could overpower, he shouted, pleading with her, "He's having another heart attack! Please, you've got to help him, he's all I've got!" He said, another lie.

He follows her into the room, shutting the door firmly behind him. Taking a small knife from his back pocket, a necessary tool for his school, Allistair grabs her in a hold, the knife poised over her neck, his other hand covering her mouth and nose. He whispered a quick, "I'm sorry." Before she went limp, unconscious
ness taking over as she couldn't get oxygen to her brain. Allistair let her go, letting out a large breath.