Invaluable Error

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kam couldn't help but erupt in a grin once he said definitly. Alistair then went onto tell him about everything he had talked about with his father. Some of the things suprised her...like learning that her lover had been born in Italy. And some other things just made her feel happy, pleased as she was told of his mother. Thinking back to it...he shared a lot of her traits. Her personality quirks and even some of his looks. But then she felt her heart drop...hearing him say that they were talking about what to do with Aldwin. Aldwin had ruled that it was either her life or the life of his father. From the way he spoke about his father right now...she wouldn't be able to bear to see him loose his father. Let alone having to kill him himself. She bit her lip and earnestly looked him in the eyes.

"What are you going to do...? He has always followed through with his promises. I can try and help...but if we don't think of something...someone is going to die tomorrow..."

========================================================

As soon as his eyes had slid completely shut for a few moments, he felt Rachelle Deepen the kiss. Of course he kissed her back, letting his feelings for her flow though his motions. It had been a very long time since she had been this stong...had kissed him this deeply. His heart rate increased a bit as he relaxed against her touch, her hands tangling in his shaggy dark hair. The moments they were lip locked seemed to last for a few short moments, far too short than he wished to be in this moment. Once she pulled away, Rachelle told him that she loved him...with all her heart. Her smiled warmly and leaned forwards, touching his forehead to hers, closing his eyes.

"I love you too...never in all my years have I met any girl like you...your beautiful, strong...I will never leave you..."

"Thank you," she whispered, closing her eyes. "I won't ever leave you either," she replied, before kissing him again. Feeling tears stinging her eyes, she lets them fall, unbelievably happy that she was stronger again. Not breaking the kiss despite the tears, she pressed against him, missing the feeling of being together with him.

----------------------------

"I...I don't know. I...can't let go of you. I won't...even if it means...even if it means my father dies." His last seven words were ashamed whispers. Not only did he not want to say them at a normal pitch, he also didn't want his father to hear them, if he was listening. "I love you, too much to let you die. What...whatever happens, don't hate me for it, please."

Rachelle told him that she wasn't going to leave him before pressing herself up against him and kissing him once again. He kissed her back more deeply than she had kissed him. Vincent had not felt so happy before, not in over one hundred years. If this woman had not entered his life...living like he was...he was bound to become who Aldwin was. And he didn't want that, not ever. Now he wasn't going to let that happen.

========================================================

Kam was astounded to hear the words that came out of Alistair's mouth. She was so glad he loved her as much as he did. The red head wouldn't have traded that for anything. But...was it worth the death of his father? He was willing to give up the man who had given him life for herself? A look of shock came across her lips and she slid off of Alistair's lap, backing up a few steps. Kam looked at him in disbelief.

"Alistair..." she said lounder than him, talking at normal volume. "I am so glad you feel that way for me...but he is your father...your own flesh and blood and the man who gave you life. From what you told me...it sounds like he is willing to give anything for you...." her voice lowered, to almost a whisper. "Y-Your going to stab your father with that knife and K-Kill him...?"

The new vampire was a lot more close to her own father...and the thought of him dying or her killing him? It made he sick to her belly. She hated it...and didn't want to belive that Alistair was capable of doing that to someone with such significance in his life.

"No!" Allistair shouted. "That's not how it is," he continued, lowering his voice some. "I love you...and I hate to say it, but I love you more than the father that left me...left me alone to take care of myself most of my life. If it would come down to me, you, or him, it would be him first, then me. I...I don't think I can live knowing that I chose you over him. You're the only person I've ever loved with all my heart, and I can't--won't--let that go, not for anything." Even to himself, it sounded wrong and selfish, but he couldn't help it.

Standing up, wishing that he could hold her in his arms again, he whispered, "I just don't know what to do...I'm literally torn in two...you or my father. Knowing Aldwin, if I don't choose, he'll choose for me. And I'm terrified what it might be. It might be that he'd kill you, or even both of you...I wouldn't be able to live like that, absolutely alone again..." He trails off, sighing heavily and running a distressed hand through his hair.

As she listened to him...tears welled up in her own eyes. Not because he had shouted at her at first but because of what he was saying to her. It was selfish to think but she was glad that he loved her more than his own father. But...she knew his father had stayed away for a reason. If Alistair was anything like his mother...then him coming back when he thought Vitoria was angry at him would not have fixed things. He delt with things the best way he knew how. But she could be wrong...shaking her head she continued to listen, taking a step back, still looking at him. He told her that he could stand living if he chose her over his father. The older vampire stood up and his voice dropped to a whisper. It looked like he wanted to just hold her but right now she was shaking and refused to be held at the moment. Having mixed feelings over wether she should be angry at him for saying such things about the man who should mean so much to him, or if she should just cling to him and return her feelings for him.

But when he continued he told her that he was split between them...that he was afraid if he didn't pick that Aldwin would. But Alistair was right...there was still a not to distant possibility that Aldwin would try and kill her as well. But one thing was for sure...he didn't want to be alone again. She bit her bottom lip and sighed, looking him in the eyes, loosing control of the flood of tears welling up in her eyes.

"I...I can just imagine myself in your place...I wouldn't be able to kill my father. If you are as much as like your mother as you say....it wouldn't have helped to come rushing back if she was angry at your father...I know this because when Vincent tried to get into your face confront you about things and you two just argued. You won't talk about things Alistair unless you want to...So he couldn't have come back any sooner. He didn't know what you were going though or where you were....I-I just don't know what to do about this. I can't stand by and say nothing, and I dosn't want be alone either...but I can't watch him die...or you kill somoene..."

"Don't cry," he murmured, still standing in the same spot, not sure if she wanted him to hold her or not. "It hurts when you do..." Folding his arms across his chest, he tries to hold back his own tears. He had been crying so much lately...it felt like every little thing that happened set him off again. Worst of all, he hated doing it in front of Kam.

Closing his eyes, he sighs heavily, wishing he knew how to fix everything. "I just don't know what to do...I finally get to know someone actually related to me, but I know that someone's gonna die tomorrow if I don't do something. I'm so scared your going to get hurt, that I'll lose you..." he stops as tears choke his voice, still trying to hold them back.

When the teenager had told her not to cry...that it hurt him to see her do so. Kam turned her head a bit, then reached up and wiped the tears dripping down her face. But as she tried to rid of the one's in her eyes, they welling up too fast for her to keep them away. When she looked back over, more tears just spilled over. But despite that she could still see him fold his arms across his chest. Alistair let out a deep, heavy sigh and closed his eyes. The vampire spoke to her telling her that he didn't know what to do. That it was just his luck that he would get to know his only remaining relative the day before someone was going to die. Alistair told her that he was also afraid of loosing her trying to keep from crying himself. She knew that...but she couldn't stop herself from saying what she did next.

"I know Alistair...I know. But...you can't just let him force you to do this...you can't loose your Dad again. It isn't right. I am expendable. You will live for so much longer...I am just one girl...eh? Don't worry about what you are going to do tomorrow. I will just go with him...let him kill me if that is what it takes. But your the first person who has ever made me this happy. I have to repay you somehow...I-I am not afraid." she said, though it was a lie.

The woman smiled, pretty though tears were dripping down her face. Her body was aching with her effort to hide her shaking.

"No!" Allistair immediately shouted. "You are not just one girl, you are the woman that I love. You are not expendable, and I won't let you give yourself up to Aldwin because you want me to have my father. I...I love you too much for that to happen..." Unable to stop himself, he moves to her, placing his arms around her, smelling her hair. "I miss you, so much..." he whispers, holding her close to him. "Even though it's only been a few minutes, I still miss being close to you..." His shoulders shaking as he cried into her shoulder, he found that he couldn't stand the thought of being without her. "You're the only woman I've ever loved, and I won't let you go with Aldwin, not after everything that's happened."

When she told him that she was just going to go with Aldwin, another shout of protest came from his lips. He denied her everything she had just said about herself. That she was expendible...and that he wasn't just going to let her give up and let Aldwin take her. He loved her too much to let that happen. She shook her head again and stepped back as he came closer to her. But he came closer and hugged her anyways, wrapping her tight in his arms. Alistair took a deep breathing, taking in her scent. They had not been apart from each other very long but he told her he missed her. It made her heart her heart flutter...like he had a habit of making her do. He buried his face into her shoulder and started to cry again, saying he wasn't going to let her go...she was the only woman he had ever loved. Despite the part of him that wanted to continue to confront him about giving up his father she wrapped her arms around him, managing to swallow her tears.

"T-Then what are you going to tell your father? Are you going to tell him you have a soultion and just do as Aldwin says? Or wh-what about your father's soultion? I don't know...maybe I shouldn't know what you decide..."

"...I don't know what I'm going to do..." Allistair said, finally letting her go. Wiping away the remainder of his tears, he forced himself to stop crying before saying, "Whatever happens, I promise that I will protect you, no matter what. I...I think we should just hold it off for now, wait until tomorrow, maybe, to make a better decision. But...we definitely have to make one...and early, too, because I'm not sure when Aldwin will show up...Just...don't open the doors for anything, 'cause it might be him..."

Letting go of Kam She heard him say that he didn't know what to do. She was about to reach up and wipe he tears away but he beat her to it. She looked to the ground, not liking at all to see him cry. But then he spoke to her, stopping his own tears. Alistair told her that he was going to protect her but, until they could make a better decision they should just wait to make a choice. But like he knew...she knew that the choice was going to have to come sooner than later. Aldwin could come at any time...but anytime was too soon for her. She hated that fact that Aldwin could bend their lives as he wished...it almost made her wish she could do just the same. But, he was so cruel...Kam could never do the things that he had done...

Once Alistiar told her not to awnser the door, she nodded and without looking up, walked over to the couch. Heaving a great sigh she laid back, looking up at the cealing. After awhile she looked at him, a sad look on her face.

"Alistair...when c-can I see my parents again? I-I just want to know that Aldwin hasn't bothered them...hurt them..."

"We can go now, if you want," he told her, smiling gently. "I've got my car parked a ways away, but it won't be a problem to drive over to your house." Placing his arms around her softly, he kisses her softly, glad for the slight break between breakneck decisions and arguments with Vincent. Sighing softly, he said, "We'll have to tell Vincent if we leave though...He might not be too happy with that. But I think it'll be good to see your parents...I'll make sure Aldwin hasn't hurt them, too." Kissing her skin just below the ear, he tries to make the sad look on her face disappear, make her happy again.

When she heard that they could go right now, to see her parents, she sat up slowly. Looking at him, the sad look still on her face, she looked unsure. As much as she wanted to go she didn't know if it would be a good idea. Not with knowing weather Aldwin had hurt them yet or if he would follow them there. But as he told here that his car was not far from here, smiling gently, it reassured her that it would be okay. He came over to her and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her gently. But as he pulled away, Alistair sighed and told her that if they left...he would have to tell Vincent. She, along with her lover, knew that Vincent would be none too pleased to hear they were going to leave the house at such a time....but being away from her family for such a long time was taking it's toll. The man leaned in a kissed her again just below her ear. A soft smile breached her lips for a few moments but disappeared just as quickly as it came. She then spoke softly to him, trying to force another smile for his sake.

"I want to go see them...It might be selfish but I can't stand stay away anymore..."

"I understand," he told her, before standing up. Sighing heavily, he went to the bedroom door, calling through it, "Kam and I are going out. We'll be back before eleven and all that, but that's besides the point. We won't be doing anything stupid either." Pulling away from the door, he turned to Kam. "We can probably get some of your things, too, if you want...I know how it feels to not have anything of yours..." Smiling softly, he sits down again, pulling on his shoes. If Vincent wanted to argue, fine, they would argue. Either way, Allistair was going to make sure Kam was able to see her parents.

As soon as he heard Alistair call through the door, he sat up in bed, looking at the door. Vincent listened as Alistair told him that he and Kam were going out. That they wouldn't do anything stupid and would be back by eleven. Looking at the clock he could seen it was just past eight O'Clock. He sighed heavily and slid of the bed, walking over to the door. He left it open and followed Alistair back out to the living room. Staying into the doorway of the hallway to the living room he leaned up against it. Watching Alistair pull his shoes on, he waited until he finnished talking to Kam, them he spoke. Still sounding and appearing half asleep.

"For the sake of avoiding any arguments...I am not going to stop you. I think this is a stupid idea, seeing the situation we are ALL in. But I"m not going to treat you like a child anymore. Just becareful..please..." he said, smiling softly.

=========================================================================

After Alistair had told Vincent where they were going, he came back out. Vincent was silently following behind him, pausing in the doorway. After the younger vampire pulled on his shoes, suggesting they grab some of her things while she was there, Vincent spoke. After he finnished she nodded, agreeing with her lover.

"Yeah...good Idea." she said with a slight smile, getting to her feet. "Ready Anytime you are..."

Allistair gave a nod to both Vincent and Kam before standing up, feeling in his pockets for his keys. Finding them there, he placed an arm around Kam, kissing her softly before murmuring, "Let's go." Leading her out of the house, he doesn't say goodbye to Vincent, still slightly angry at him and at the same time not liking that he felt the need to tell the two to be careful. In his mind, they were capable of taking care of themselves, even if he was still terrified of Aldwin. He's near the house, he told himself, and won't be anywhere near Kam's house.

Shivering in the cold winter night's air, he leads her to his car, which was still where he parked it, an eighth-mile away from the house. Unlocking the car, glad that the locks hadn't frozen, he opened the door for Kam and proceeded to turn the car on, so that it could warm up. Shutting the doors, he started brushing the packed snow off of the windshields, not bothering with anything on top of his car.

Getting in once that was through, he grinned sheepishly at Kam, realizing she had probably never ridden in a hearse. "Yeah...Uh...With this much trunk space, we can get almost anything you want." He pointed towards the coffin deck, trying to break the mood.

As Alistair patted his pocket for his keys, Kam went over to the end of the couch. She clutched the fabric of her coat into her hands and pulled it on. The woman walked back over to Alistair she stopped next to his side, him wrapping an arm around her. He spoke softly, saying that they would go now and she nodded, before briefly kissing him back. The girl with fire bitten hair followed him as they walked outside and away from the house. It was the first time she had even left the house. Although it wasn't that late...it was dark outside and it made her feel uneasy. It felt like there were eyes watching her...things in the forest. Things that were restless and out for blood...out to cause pain. The woman clung to him the entire way to the car, feeling her heart rate pick up a little. They kept walking until they came upon a car. Even though it was covered in snow...she could tell what it was. It was hearse. The woman's heart dropped and the sense of uneasiness came swarming over her. But she looked down and climbed into the car when Alistair opened the door for her and turned the car on to start warming up.

She just sat silently, shivering inside the cold, eerie car as he brushed the snow off the windshields. Once he had finnished he climbed in, and offered her a cute but sheepish smile. He pointed to the coffin deck and joked about how much soace there was there to bring back a lot of her things. She laughed softly and half heartedly but the thing was...it bothered her. Despite the fact she had killed two men...the hearse reminded her of her sister. Kam looked to him and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Not going to lie...I've never seen anyone drive a hearse but a Funeral Director...It is...unique." She said before looking away and slipping her seat belt on.

Allistair nodded, turning the heat on full-blast. "It was just after I got my permit...this used car dealer had a modified Cadillac that was a hearse in its glory days...He offered it to me for next to nothing, so I bought it and got it back to working condition. Still gotta get the urn enclave and the old owner's name out of the window," he points at the backwards BAINES that was in the back window, as he drives out onto the dirt road that would eventually lead back into the city.

After several minutes of driving in silence, Allistair said, "Look...I know how it is...to be in a car like this after someone close to you's died. It's...hard..." he trailed off, thinking of McKay. "But," he continued, "if we keep letting their deaths get us down like this, it's almost like letting Aldwin win...I'm not sure that makes sense..." He opened his mouth again, to speak some more, ask her if she wanted coffee or something, before remembering that neither of them could drink it without getting sick.

Returning his eyes to the road, he sighed, glad that the vehicle was warming up by now.

As she listened to him...she looked out the window at the world she had missed. It was the world Aldwin had deprived her of by forcing her, out of fear, to stay in that house. Of course one of the best things that happened to her, happened while she was in that house, but she missed going further out than around the house. Kam couldn't wait till Aldwin had gotten what he deserved and was out of their lives for good. But of course, she might not come out of this alive. It scared her but she was also just tierd of Aldwin's games. Tierd of all this bloodshed and death...the latter she would never get away from. But she looked back over to Alistair when she sighed and managed a pain filled but genuine smile.

"I-I know...And Aldwin winning is the last thing I want. But I am sure that her body has been found by now...I just wish I could have seen her be buried. Sometimes it just feels like I imagined her dying. Some closure would have been nice..."

She laid back against the seat, becoming more comfortable with the heat that now filled the car. The car ride was very quiet on the way into the city. But to her...it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was nice to be this comfortable with someone...to not have to talk to be comfortable. As they got into the City she sat up strait and fixed her now messy hair, flushing a bit in embaressment. As she talked she gave him the directions to her house.

He followed her directions carefully, not liking the idea of getting lost in the city. Allistair occasionally caught himself staring at her, glad that the two were able to get out of that house for more than just a few minutes at a time. He was happy that they were back in the city. Out at Vincent's he always felt out in the open and claustrophobic at the same time. In the city, he felt more normal than he had in a long time.

As they drove, they happened to pass his old school, and couldn't help but slow down and look at it, sighing heavily. After everything that had happened, he genuinely wished that he could go back to school and deal with teachers and students rather than violence and death. Staring out the window at the snow-covered front courtyard, he completely stopped for a moment before the car behind him honked its horn, prompting him to drive again.

Biting his lip, he sighed heavily, keeping his eyes on the road now, in case he saw anything else he recognized.