Invaluable Error

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
When he heard that Things weren't his problem...that it was Vincent's and his he frowned in disapproval. If Aldwin had hurt Alistair as much as the young vampire claimed...it was his problem. His instincts told him to eliminate the threat to his child. So if he had to he would never hesitate to make Aldwin pay for what he had done. He felt disgusted with himself that he had trusted the blonde vampire to begin with. But at the same time his only child was sitting here, pleading with him to not leave him alone again. He really didn't want to...it was the last thing he wanted to do...ever. But he wasn't going to stand by and continue to let him be hurt. Not if he could help it. Slowly, as he looked up he could see Alistair's fists balled up in tension. Dante spoke to him again, this time his voice lower and softer.

"If he has hurt you Alistair...then It is my problem and he has hurt me. You are my only child and to hear that he was doing all this to you all along? It isn't accepteable. It is my role as a parent to protect you...but I know you want my help and not my protection...you are going to be an adult in a few years after all...I will do anything for you and if you don't want me to kill him I won't...but I just...I don't want him to bother you ever again. I see how happy Kam makes you...and she sounds like a wonderful woman. If Aldwin wasn't in the picture you two could have such a happy life togeather..."

He smiled softly, a bit sadly.

"I know..." he answered. "If I could, I'd do everything I could to keep her safe. I'd make sure she never was lost or scared or needed anything. We'd have a nice home, maybe somewhere in the country...But Aldwin won't let us. If he was still alive and heard about us out there, he'd show up only to try and hurt us more." He sighed heavily, trying to imagine a happy future with Kam, if Aldwin were to get out of this alive, and failing. It might be good for a few months, maybe even years, but eventually he would end up harassing them again. "I just want her to be safe," he said after a few minutes' silence. "But I can't even make that happen."

He knew...somehow....that Alistair was telling him the truth when it came to Kam. He was telling him that he just wanted the woman to feel secure, that he would get them a nice quite little home maybe somewhere in the country. But he was right that Aldwin wouldn't let them be happy, no matter where they went he would find them. A heavy sigh escaped the younger vampire's lips. For someone so young, it seemed that he carried a lot of burden. Burden that he should not have to bear. Kam was his first love...his first relationship. Alistair should have just been able to enjoy this part of his life...relax and be a teenager. But this wasn't going to just work itself out, Aldwin had to be dealt with. It wasn't going to just be a slap on the wrist either...it was going to be one extreme or another. There was a feeling in his gut that someone was going to be hurt...badly. Someone was going to die. But she shook the thought from his head. No matter what, he wasn't going to allow it.

"One way or another you and Kam will be safe...and happy. We...We'll think of something. No matter who he hurts it won't be you anymore...I will think of something...but for now I need to get some rest. The time differences are really killing me..." he said as he stood up again. "I am so happy i found you again...so happy..."

The man leaned forwards and pulled him into another hug, pulling away after a few moments. A warm smile came across his lips as he wondered off, finding a place to sleep on the couch on the office. Not even bothering to kick off his shoes before he dozes off on the couch.

====================================================================================

During the time which Alistair was talking to his father, Kam slipped out of the room and waited outside. It was freezing but she had nowhere else to go. She didn't trust herself to go stay with Corey downstairs, and she really didn't want to bother Rachelle who had been helped back to the back room after meeting Alistair's father. While she was waiting outside, Vincent had slipped out to go catch someone for Rachelle.Fathers....she was glad that Alistair had gotten his back. But in turn it made her, despretly miss her own. She could imagine how heart broken he would be,,,to loose all of his children. A few tears dripped down her cheeks...and she let them. No one was out here to see them. Kam was shivering, goosebumps over her skin. But she would wait for him to finish.

As soon as Dante left, heading to the office where he would sleep, Allistair went to the front door, wanting to get Kam back inside. Once he was standing on the porch, he gently took her hand, smiling. "My dad's went to sleep," he told her as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, inhaling deeply as he nuzzled her neck gently." Mmm..." he sighed, closing his eyes as he murmured, "We should get you inside, where it's warm... I don't want you to freeze." Leading her inside, he sat down on the couch, simply lookivng up into her eyes." God, you're beautiful," he said, grinning, before gently pulling her down to his level, kissing her softly.

Kam didn't hear Alistair as he came outside. Her thoughts were too busy and distracted to notice anything around her. So When Alstair took her hand she jumped, jerking her head around to see him. The woman raised a shaking, free hand to her chest to calm her now rapidly beating heart. A sigh of relief left her pretty lips. She turned her head back as he wrapped his arms around her waist, telling her that his father had went to sleep. Kam melted in his arms when he nuzzled her sensitive neck gently telling her they should get back inside where it was much, much warmer. That he didn't want her to freeze out here. The younger vampire pulled away from her and led her back into the house. Once back inside Alistair sat back down on the couch. He looked up into her eyes and with a grin told her she was beautiul. Her heart fluttered in joy, a small grin escaped across her lips, him gently pulling her down to his level and kissing her softly. The red head leaned into the kiss, kissing him just a bit deeper.

Smiling into the kiss, Allistair parted his lips to allow her tongue access to his mouth. Gently, he played with her tongue with his own, loving the feeling of being fused with Kam through their lips. Closing his eyes, he gently ran his fingers through her hair, glad that he was so lucky that he was the one she had fallen in love with, and that he was now able to experience love like this. "I love you," he murmured against her lips, pulling away just slightly to do so. Immediately after taking a quick break, he kissed her again, deepening the kiss as much as he could.

Kam's heart fluttered in her chest like a little grade school girl as he played with her tounge with his own. The kiss deep and loving. She had never kissed anyone like this before. There were all of her play-boy boyfriends would would try but she had never allowed it. To her when she was klssing them...something didn't feel quite right. But now that she was with the man she had wanted for a longtime...she would never deny him a kiss like this. She relaxed more once he started running his fingers though her hair...she could feel it and it was gentle...soothing. Then, Alistair pulled away and murmured to her that he loved her. That made her heart feel like it was going to beat through her chest. The young vampire felt so happy to be here and not anywhere else. Right now, her world only consisted of her lover. But before she could return her feelings he leaned back in and kissed her...even deeper than before. Kam then kissed him back, just as deeply before pulling away for a moment. The woman than straddled his lap an pulled herself against him, kissing him again just as deeply as before.

Allistair moaned softly when she straddled him, his hands falling to her waist, holding her as close as possible to him. Pulling away , he moves his lips to her earlobe, gently biting the soft skin there before trailing kisses down her neck. Even going so far as to sink his fangs into her soft as silk skin, he tried to get her to moan again. Letting himself pierce her skin, he took a quick taste of her blood before withdrawing his fangs from her,smiling with pleasure, glad that no one was around to disturb them.

The sound of Alistair's moan made her heart race faster as she felt his hands slip down to her waist. Her muscles tightening in pleasure as he pulled her as close as he could. Then he pulled away and nipped at the skin of her ear lobe before placing gentle kisses down her neck. She sighed softly, pleasure starting to surge though her veins. A surge of pleasure hit her as he sunk his fangs into her neck, taking some of her own blood. Kam let out a moan that was louder than Alistair's had been but was still considered soft. Her arms wrapped around him as well, her hands clenching the back of his shirt. At this time her breathing was starting to get heavier. This time she managed to bite back calling his name out, but it wasn't far from the surface. The girl's body shaking gently, seeking for more of that feeling....that addictive pleasure. But in the back of her mind she knew that there were other people in the house...all of who had excellent hearing. That thought made her be able to regain control of her breathing. Suddenly she heard the back door creek open and the scent of Vincent pour in though with the cold air. She heard the door shut and heard Vincent's footfalls back to the bedroom. A blush came across her face as well at the prospect of other's besides Alistair hearing her as she was.

=============================================================================

It did not take long for Vincent to be able to find someone and to feed himself. He had blood on his clothes from the Woman he had fed on, she putting up quite a fight after seeing him kill her boyfriend. Vincent was careful not break the skin when getting blood for Rachelle...if he had lost any blood the feeding would have done her no good. Going into the room he carefully places the man on the bed next Rachelle...ready for her to feed.

SiAs soon as he heard the door open and smelled Vincent and blood, Allistair pulled away, remembering their conversation earlier, after Allistair told him that he and Kam knew Cory. Kissing her briefly, lovingly, he sighed before saying,"Wish we had our own room... then we wouldn't have to worry about people walking in on us." Smiling slightly, he kissed her again before simply enjoying the moment,the closeness between them looking up into her eyes.

--------------

Rachelle had been awake when Vincent came in, weeping silently to herself. The change from human to vampire had been hard on her, and had made her emotion slightly out of order. When Vincent walked in, smelling of blood, she brushed away her tears embarrassedly, trying to appear strong for him. A frown crossed her lips when Vincent set the man down next to her, instantly not hearing heartbeat. "Let's get it over with then," she said, sighing heavily.

After Kam heard Vincent come in, Alistair pulled away. A sad frown formed on her lips at the same time he sighed...saying he wished they had their own room. She nodded in agreement. The red head didn't want to stop but here...when they didn't have thier own space there was limits. Anyone could just waltz in on them without knowing it. When he kissed her again, she just relaxed and kissed him back till he pulled away. She then laid her head against his shoulder, smiling gently. Her eyes fluttered close as she listened to his heart beat, glad that although he had been changed before him she could still hear it. It was soothing...calming...washing away the thoughts of what might happen tomorrow. Good or bad.

====================================================================

When he had come into the room he could smell the tears that would be dripping down Rachelle's face. She seemed to be having a rather rough time with the change. Vincent knew Alistair had been right...he knew that Rachelle would have been better off human. But he couldn't help it...he wanted her, forever. Loosing her would break him. After he had set the man down next to her, she frowned before saying she was just going to get this over with. With a nod and heavey sigh, he backed up, still watching her but giving her space.

Slowly, Rachelle leaned over the man, moving her lips to his neck. Parting her lips, she sunk her newly formed fangs into his skin. The blood was warm, but not like it had been the first time she had fed. The blood also didn't flow by itself, no heart to pump blood through his veins, but rather oozed from the twin puncture wounds. Eventually, there wasn't any more blood, and she pulled away, feeling fresh tears springing to her eyes. Blinking hard to keep from crying, she wiped the spilled blood from her lips with a shirt sleeve, frowning at the red stain before looking back up to Vincent.

"I...I'm feeling better," she said, still sitting on the bed.

------------------------------------------

After a while of simply holding her, Allistair whispered, "You know, my father said that we both would still probably age for a few more years, so we'd look like adults when we stop." He grins, imagining getting to spend eternity with the woman he loved.

He watched from a distance as she sunk her fangs into the humans neck, a bit a jealousy bit at his heart. The man was clearly dead, there was nothing to be jealous of. Vincent just guessed that it was because it was another man she depended on. Other people to feed her. The older vampire shook the thought from his head as the woman finnished and frowned, saying she felt better. He walked over to the opposite side of the bed and sat down on the side. Looking down the the floor her clenched his fists tightly before.

"I know you don't like this Rachelle...It is hard and I have to watch you cry every time...but I promise it will get easier..."

============================================================

As Kam laid on his shoulder, relaxed, she felt perfectly safe. Just like she knew nothing was going to happen to her if Alistair was here. Her eyes opened up as she heard the older vampire spoke. He said that his father told him, that they would continue to age for a few more years. So when they did stop aging they would be in the prime of their lives. The woman's eyes blinked wide open in suprise. She pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

"Really...? How? You always hear in all the stories that they stop aging the moment they are turned..."

Kam had heard dozens of stories like these. She was inclined to believe him but was curious how this was possible.

"My father said that it had something to do with bone structure...I'm not sure exactly what it all meant, but I can't wait until we are legally adults...That'd be amazing..." He smiles again, feeling like his heart was expanding in happiness. Kissing her again, softly, he pulled away a few moments later, noticing how she had gotten uncomfortable whenever he kissed her or otherwise expressed his love in public or where others could see him.

-------------------------------------

Rachelle only nodded, sitting up on the bed, silent for several minutes. After a while, she whispered, "...Vincent, why do you love me? I...I...For one thing, I have nothing left. No parents, no home, and my bank accounts are losing money as my accountant tries to reimburse everyone who lost commissions in my building's fire. I'm just an artist, we don't make money. Not unless we've been in a location for years and years and have connections. In Russia, anywhere we end up, I'd be practically out of a job for the first five years. And I can only imagine what the art magazines are saying about me, further ruining the reputation I've built up." She was crying now, pouring out every misgiving she'd had about their relationship, taking in quick gasps of breath in between sentences. "Even if that's fine, even if we work it out...if I have any children, there's only a fifty percent chance that they'll live after the first twelve hours. I'm practically broken, the doctors said it themselves when they realized it." She took a shaky breath, attempting to calm herself down, to no avail. "Why?" she asked him again, looking into his eyes.

After Vincent had heard all of her misgivings he smiled softly at her before he got up again, going over to his dresser. He opened one of the drawers and dug through it, pulling out a key. It was small and silver, the ending shape an odd shape. He went over to the night stand near the bedside,and picked up a rusting tin box with a lock on it. Vincent sits back down on the bed and unlocked it. It creaked opn to reveal a few, small pictures. He flipped through them until he found a picture of two people then looked back at her.

"Over one hundred years ago I was born in Russia to my unmarried parents..."

He holds the photo of a couple togeather. The picture was very old looking, faded and black and white. One was a man, looking to be dressed in a ragged shirt and dirty work pants. The woman however was dressed in a dress that looked homemade but crafted with a skilled hand. She had long dark hair and had features similar to Vincent's. Altogeather she looked like a beautiful woman. However the two in the picture looked very poor. He pointed out the two as he spoke to Rachelle.

"These are my real parents...my father Viktor, and my mother Inessa. They met at a shelter where both of their families were staying because they had no home. But despite that...despite the fact she didn't have money and neither did he they were able to fall in love. And even after they had children they could not afford to be married...they bought a very small house, two room house where we all lived. Them, us, and my four other siblings. We all slept in the same back room on the floor and ate in the front room around a nearly broken down coffee table. We didn't have a lot...but you see this...?"

He handed her another pictire with his parents, him at about fourteen years old before he contracted the cancer, and his other four, younger siblings. All of them were dressed in peasant like clothing. But despite looking so destitute they all wore worn but happy smiles.

"We were all happy...we all loved each other very much. And that was because our parents taught us money was only and object and when it came down to it, it wouldn't do us any good if we didn't have each other. They taught us how to love and remove the materlialism. I lived in Russia even after I was turned...I lived right in the heart of poverty and depression. But the whole time I was with my family I was happy....Rachelle...I remember when I met you in the park. You were so lively, so happy and beautiful. On top of that you are so devoted and passionate about what you love to do...about your art. Plus the love you showed for Alistair, all that you did for him...? Your strong, lively, and beautiful... I've never met any other girl like that...and I can't wait so see it again. We will get by, I will work again if I need to. But I know that money won't make us any happier or unhappy as a couple....as for the children...I accept that Rachelle. If you want to try and have a baby I don't see why not...even if the baby dosn't survive, we will and we can grieve and move on, try again if you'd like. On the other hand if you don't want to try we don't have to. I am not with you for money or children, I am with you because there isn't anyone else I would rather be with...I love you...more than anything..."

============================================================

The young vampire, smiled and agreed with him. As Adults they could have alot more freedoms...and atleast look their age. When he kissed her, her leaned in and kissed him, their lips moving against each other's smoothly but softly and lovingly. He then pulled away and she saw him give this strange look, like he was thinking about something.

"What are you thinking about Alistair...?" she said, asking about what he had noticed about her shyness when it came to Public displays of Affection.

"You get shy whenever I've kissed you in front of others, like when we were walking back here...Why?" He wasn't being accusatory or interrogatory, he simply was curious, wanting to know the reason. Whatever it was, he would accept it, no matter what. "You don't have to be, but if it really is a problem, then I'll keep my public kissing to a minimum."

-------------------------------

Rachelle had crawled into his lap like a child, craving comfort and love. When he finally stopped talking, she let her emotions take over again and buried her face into his chest, shifting around slightly so that she was facing him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she breathed in between sobs, feeling like all of his problems had stemmed from her. Eventually, when she felt like she could speak again, she whispered, "I...I want to try for a child, Vincent. Maybe not immediately, with everything that is happening, but..." she trailed off, closing her eyes. "I want to try..."

When she had crawled into his lap, Vincent wrapped his arms around her lovingly, pulling her against himself. Without looking down, he felt her bury her face into his chest. Then she began to sob again, apologizing inbetween the sobs. For what he didn't know...so he just pressed his lips to the top of her head and held her closely. Trying to become the comfort she so needed right now. For awhile they just sat there as she cried...and he would stay. But finally she did calm down some, atleast enough to talk clearly. When she did, his eyes widened a bit in suprise and he looked down at her. She told him that she did want to try...eventully, once things calmed down and Aldwin was out of the way, she did want to try and have a baby. He couldn't hide a smile the erupted across his lips.

"Okay...when everything calms down again, we will try for a baby..." he said, not being able to hide the gentle happiness in his tone.

To have a family with his lover? It was an intresting thought...intresting and happy thought.

===============================================================

She heard him and bit her lips as she listened. Kam knew what he was talking about. The woman had always been that way with her relationships...very private. Even with the people she knew, she didn't like going about sharing intimate moments with others besides her lover.

"I understand...I-It has nothing to do with me being embarressed of you because I never am...I love you Alistair It is just...I have Always been very Private when it comes to my relationship even around my own family. I need to loosen up...I admit that because there is nothing wrong with being affectionate around other people. I guess that it is because other guys I have dated made me feel very insecure and uncomfortable around my family...being too touchy. But not that my family isn't here...there isn't anything to be embarressed over..."

She smiled softly.

"Well," Allistair said, "If you ever want me to, I will definitely not ever be too touchy. Not unless you want me to," he added with a grin, kissing her cheek softly. "But I do understand," he continued, now serious. "I won't force you into anything, I promise. Especially not in public." Brushing back a stray lock of hair from her face, he grins at her, glad that the two could be together and alone without being bogged down by thoughts of what might happen tomorrow.

----------------------

Rachelle was glad he was so happy about the idea of trying to have a baby. The thought both filled her with excitement and fear, and she couldn't tell which one was dominant. She hoped beyond hope that everything would be okay, and the thought that it might brought tears of joy to her eyes. Seeing the smile on his lips only added to that feeling, and she leaned up to kiss him softly, her eyes closing gently.

As the years had passed Vincent had watched people go about their lives. Seen people form relationships that started out as friendships, turn out to be much more. Friendships turning into wild and heart felt relationships. Looking from the outside in was hard, especilly when he saw the woman's belly swell with that unmistakable bundle of life. He had always wanted a family but knew that it wasn't practical for him. But once Rachelle had come along he found he couldn't help himself. Even now he was aware that the pregnancy might now work out...or that the child could die shortly after birth. But it was still a hope, a hope he would cling onto. Looking back down at her he saw tears in her eyes...but they didn't seem sad. She then leaned up and pressed her lips against his, kissing him. Vincent kissed her back, his eyes also closing slowly.

===================================================================

When Alistair had said that he wouldn't be touchy in public with her, unless she wanted him to be, she blushed furiously. She felt the heat across her cheeks, and she was sure he felt it too as he lean in and kissed her cheek. But he continued speaking, more serious. He told her that he wouldn't force her into anything, and especilly not in public. Alistair then reached over and tucked a strand of her fire bitten hair behind her ear, him grinning ear to ear. This in turn made her smile. She then sat up strait, still straddling his lap and looks and him, running her fingers though his dark hair. A smile on her lips.

"So...did you have a good talk with your Dad? Is he a keeper?" she asked, half jokingly, half serious but happily.

"Definitely," Allistair said, feeling tears pricking his eyes even as he said it. Bringing a hand up to brush them away, he looked up into her eyes, finding himself smiling as he tells her about the conversation the two had had earlier feeling the happiest he had in what felt like forever.

-------------------

Rachelle was sure that she was the happiest woman alive right then, and wanted Vincent to know it. Kissing him lovingly, she tried to remember the last time she had feltsrstrong enough to kiss him like this and drew up blank. Her hands moved to his hair, gently entangling her fingers in his dark locks, never wanting this moment to end. Pullin g away after several long moments, she whispered, "I love you, with all my heart, Vincent."