Intergalactic Life: Among the Stars (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for alerting me, I completely missed this thread. I will make my char asap.

FINISHED CASSPIAN
*high 5's myself and does my happy dance*

Interesting characters, everyone! I like how they're all unique in their own respective fields.

On the subject of Casspian, I like the idea that Dylan forced him to get Bluetooth (a seriously outdated technological advancement in this universe). Seems like something Dylan would do.

• Thank You
Reactions: DoomyCakez
Interesting characters, everyone! I like how they're all unique in their own respective fields.

On the subject of Casspian, I like the idea that Dylan forced him to get Bluetooth (a seriously outdated technological advancement in this universe). Seems like something Dylan would do.
I thought you would like that LOL. I figured since he has an Ipod he would want that

Alright, well that officially makes 3 (the robot mentioned in Dylan's sheet was a player who previously spoke to me about their character being on the ship)
That Android was me BTW....this is to anyone who didn't know.

Heyyyyy~ I'm Doomy and I'm tardy to the party lol

Speaking of, should we use the sheets we already have posted (Toxxx's future one included since he posted here) as the starting crew who've been with the ship for a while?

@Sora1297

I believe we should...first some first serve LOL.~

Good thing I posted in time...

Alright I'm gonna make it official: the sheets that are up as of now (including the pending sheet by Caxxx) are all accepted and part of the starting crew, so I'm gonna go ahead and draft the IC and get us introduced. That way, we can get the other characters once we dock/they get their sheets up, making it easier to have a bit of intro time without making people wait 3-5 posts just to get on-board the ship.

Also, gonna have "Nova" finishing a solo mission to start, so he'll be in contact with a few people aboard the ship. You can either help him out via comm systems, or just do your own thing for a post until he returns.

Reactions: DoomyCakez
Sounds like a plan to me, I await that first IC post then!

Alright I'm gonna make it official: the sheets that are up as of now (including the pending sheet by Caxxx) are all accepted and part of the starting crew, so I'm gonna go ahead and draft the IC and get us introduced. That way, we can get the other characters once we dock/they get their sheets up, making it easier to have a bit of intro time without making people wait 3-5 posts just to get on-board the ship.

Also, gonna have "Nova" finishing a solo mission to start, so he'll be in contact with a few people aboard the ship. You can either help him out via comm systems, or just do your own thing for a post until he returns.

Casspian shall be in communication with him if that is alright LOL...maybe it can provide a bit of humor~

Yeah, that works. Mind if I use one line of "his" to connect a thing in my post? I can PM the specifics.

Sureee~ pm me please~~

I'm down for whatever really. I can't see what else Eiger would be doing, except cleaning guns, doing push ups, or working on his memoirs.

"Day 34

I have sworn off extreme violence, but I am coming to wits end with this horrible terran music. Everyone seems to ignore it. Maybe the humans and the android can't hear it? What if I am slowly being driven insane by the terrans and I am unaware? I should have just gotten calcified on my home planet. At least there wouldn't be repetitious dribble that tries to get me to space myself."

I kid.
Sort of.
Eiger will have strong feelings about Nova's music.
Which will probably be communicated in a grunt and eyeroll.

XD nobody seems to like Nova's music. SOLO ROCK OUT TIME!

But seriously, that sounds like it could be fun. I'm sure if Eiger thought nobody was able to hear it, he obviously hasn't seen Dylan rocking out xD

"Day 21

This is the fourth day in a row that I have witnessed Nova having what I only like to call 'upright seizures.' He flails his arms erratically, making strange motions with his fingers, and waves his head all around. I tried to help him the first time I witnessed it only to have 'interrupted his jam session.' Is that what these humans call their upright seizures? Jam Sessions? And why is it a bad thing that I tried to help? It looks spasmodic and painful."

I have decided that Daemons aren't folk who are into music. At all. If anything it confuses and enrages them.
XD
Someone will set him straight.

XD oh yeah.

Dylan: You just listen to it. Here, take a listen.

*plays music*

Eiger: Why would somebody care about who the dogs were let out by so much to create a "song" as you call it? Surely the animals must've required the toilet.

Dylan: ... Ooh, boy this is gonna be a long day.

Eiger: *commenting on other song* No, 'big butts' as you call them, are not enjoyable to look at! I will not lie about the subject, they are repulsive!

@Toxxx, @White -- Chocolate, @Grimoire, @DoomyCakez, @❖Cats❖, @Roose Hurro

Seems like you guys didn't get the IC link, so I'll tag you here ^^
Got the link... but like I said, public comp, library closed Sunday-Monday and my days off from work Wednesday-Thursday, so right now I'm grabbing what time I can before work. So my CS might be a little rough:

Name: Picofarad ("Pico" for short)

Appearance: Pico is unusually heavy for his size (2.5' standing upright, about 5.4' nose to tailtip) and slender build, due to the density of his organic tissues (he appears to be about a third his actual weight of 87lbs). His hide is a golden sand color, paler on his underside and darker on his back. His limbs are banded with copper markings, and there are grey/black slash markings on his back. His eyes are a mix of amber and jade, and his forehead is marked by an oval bulge, streaked by slashes of dark metallic blue. His short, thick mane runs from his forehead bulge to just below his shoulders, and is a dark golden blonde tipped in the color of old steel. The only things he ever wears are his toolbelt and backpack... nothing else. Well... unless he's trying to hide or disguise himself....

In general appearance, Pico resembles a dragon... though, instead of wings, he has a second set of arms under his first set... they are more slender, with three digits per hand -- two fingers and a thumb... there is also a short grooming dewclaw opposite the thumb (technically a digit, but I'm not counting it, due to its stubbiness). His other arms have hands with five full digits -- four fingers and a thumb on each, and very dexterous, despite their very sharp claws. And like an oriental dragon, he has a pair of long feelers on his head that, when drooped, tuck behind his ears. His ears are very large and sensitive to sound, like a bat's. His hide is very sensitive to touch. And his slender, whip-like tail is prehensile. His legs are digitigrade, and each foot has six toes, two of which are dewclaws equipped with scythe-like talons, one on each side. His other toeclaws are thick and heavy and sharp edged... almost hoof-like, but just as hard and sheddable as his claws.

Species: Deek... Pico is an average male example of his kind.

Weapon(s): Teeth, steel-hard claws... Pico also has two larynxes, so his voice has a slight metallic echo... his voice is very loud and powerful when he uses it to the fullest, able to rupture organic tissue and shatter rock at close range. Pico is also a "toxin factory"... his bodily fluids, highly reactive. If not directly lethal, his biology can, at "best," cause severe histaminic reactions (facial/throat swelling). However, he takes "meds" to control his toxicity to other life-forms.

Background: Pico's Homeworld is ruled by competitive Theocracies... religious factions constantly fighting for political dominance... and control of others, through fear as well as faith. The present Theocracy has been ruling for the last five hundred years... its relationships with the other factions, very tense... but its power, well seated. Pico's parents did not follow the tenants of the ruling Theocracy... and so, being believers within another faction, the ruling Theocracy treated them as pariahs... excommunicated from society at large... relegated to the fringes, with others who did not "believe". Offered no protection, nor compassion. Yet... still under the Theocracy's thumb. Into this, Pico was born. And when his family died... when other religious exiles found him still holding tight to, and crying over his mother's cold primehand... another family took compassion, and took him in to their own... but, it didn't last. The Theocracy found out... came... and demanded a show of grief, a ritual suicide. Pico refused... and the family he had lived with now for several months received threats... they would suffer greatly if they kept Pico as their own....

Pico was only twenty two at the time... still very young... but the Theocracy had declared him dead, and threatened death on any family that dared to take him in... so, Pico became a non-person in the eyes of his people, by choice... even so young, he could not stand the thought of others dying for him... not again. He survived for several years, all alone... until a very misguided ambassadorial mission tried to reopen relations... and were informed their genitals would be bitten off, if they didn't leave... NOW! Pico took advantage of the panic, and stowed away on their ship... and has made a life for himself, as the only Deek to survive such an exile.

Other: Pico's species reach sexual maturity at the age of sixty... male maturation is stimulated by female scent, sight and touch. Having left his Homeworld way before maturation, Pico never went through puberty... never found a female exile, like himself... only graves and bones, only a few old remains of past exiles. And yet, after surviving a starship crash over ten years ago... after being saved and healed from fatal wounds by a strange alien mystic... after burying a friend, and the rest of the passengers and crew... yes, a short time after... only a few days... he'd found himself going through the changes of puberty, somehow finding his maturation stimulated by the regenerative energies used to save his life... energies that took his undeveloped sexuality as an "injury", and apparently "healed" it. So, Pico lived through his species equivalent of a mating rut. Out of every twelve hundred days in a cycle, four hundred days are normally spent in "rut", for the males of Pico's species... the time it takes a newborn offspring to grow strong enough to handle itself, without constant parental care... the time an infant becomes a child, able to stand and run on his or her own legs, and eat solid food....

For a male, this "rut" results in radical physical changes... the bump on his forehead splits open into a third eye, compound in structure, blue in color, and able to see bioenergy in link with his feelers... his feelers, lengthened and thickened... spikes, one growing out of each primehand's wrist, toxic as his saliva. His copper band markings on his limbs darken, the blue slashes on his forehead fade, before his third eye opens... and the blue writes patterns on his hide, in curves, arcs and whorls, from forehead to groin... down his neck, over his shoulders, around his hips... and marking his uro-genital slit with its color....

Oh, and Pico's Homeworld... due to a more extreme axial tilt, combined with higher gravity and atmospheric pressure, his Homeworld is subject to wild swings in weather patterns, along with frequent tectonic disturbances. Weather can get so violent, wide areas can be stripped of any loose vegetation or debris... atmospheric pressure can drop very low in a region, as well... suffice to say, Pico's species is adapted to this environment, which is why they have the abilities they do, to survive such a harsh environment... bulletproof hide (to protect from flying debris, gravity-defying grip (to hold on in high winds, for one), electromagnetic feelers (to sense and predict lightning strikes)... I think you get the idea.

Heh... couldn't think of any quote off-hand, so I dug one up:
"I mean, have you ever actually seen your brain?"
— Ghost in the Shell

Got the link... but like I said, public comp, library closed Sunday-Monday and my days off from work Wednesday-Thursday, so right now I'm grabbing what time I can before work. So my CS might be a little rough:

Name: Picofarad ("Pico" for short)

Appearance: Pico is unusually heavy for his size (2.5' standing upright, about 5.4' nose to tailtip) and slender build, due to the density of his organic tissues (he appears to be about a third his actual weight of 87lbs). His hide is a golden sand color, paler on his underside and darker on his back. His limbs are banded with copper markings, and there are grey/black slash markings on his back. His eyes are a mix of amber and jade, and his forehead is marked by an oval bulge, streaked by slashes of dark metallic blue. His short, thick mane runs from his forehead bulge to just below his shoulders, and is a dark golden blonde tipped in the color of old steel. The only things he ever wears are his toolbelt and backpack... nothing else. Well... unless he's trying to hide or disguise himself....

In general appearance, Pico resembles a dragon... though, instead of wings, he has a second set of arms under his first set... they are more slender, with three digits per hand -- two fingers and a thumb... there is also a short grooming dewclaw opposite the thumb (technically a digit, but I'm not counting it, due to its stubbiness). His other arms have hands with five full digits -- four fingers and a thumb on each, and very dexterous, despite their very sharp claws. And like an oriental dragon, he has a pair of long feelers on his head that, when drooped, tuck behind his ears. His ears are very large and sensitive to sound, like a bat's. His hide is very sensitive to touch. And his slender, whip-like tail is prehensile. His legs are digitigrade, and each foot has six toes, two of which are dewclaws equipped with scythe-like talons, one on each side. His other toeclaws are thick and heavy and sharp edged... almost hoof-like, but just as hard and sheddable as his claws.

Species: Deek... Pico is an average male example of his kind.

Weapon(s): Teeth, steel-hard claws... Pico also has two larynxes, so his voice has a slight metallic echo... his voice is very loud and powerful when he uses it to the fullest, able to rupture organic tissue and shatter rock at close range. Pico is also a "toxin factory"... his bodily fluids, highly reactive. If not directly lethal, his biology can, at "best," cause severe histaminic reactions (facial/throat swelling). However, he takes "meds" to control his toxicity to other life-forms.

Background: Pico's Homeworld is ruled by competitive Theocracies... religious factions constantly fighting for political dominance... and control of others, through fear as well as faith. The present Theocracy has been ruling for the last five hundred years... its relationships with the other factions, very tense... but its power, well seated. Pico's parents did not follow the tenants of the ruling Theocracy... and so, being believers within another faction, the ruling Theocracy treated them as pariahs... excommunicated from society at large... relegated to the fringes, with others who did not "believe". Offered no protection, nor compassion. Yet... still under the Theocracy's thumb. Into this, Pico was born. And when his family died... when other religious exiles found him still holding tight to, and crying over his mother's cold primehand... another family took compassion, and took him in to their own... but, it didn't last. The Theocracy found out... came... and demanded a show of grief, a ritual suicide. Pico refused... and the family he had lived with now for several months received threats... they would suffer greatly if they kept Pico as their own....

Pico was only twenty two at the time... still very young... but the Theocracy had declared him dead, and threatened death on any family that dared to take him in... so, Pico became a non-person in the eyes of his people, by choice... even so young, he could not stand the thought of others dying for him... not again. He survived for several years, all alone... until a very misguided ambassadorial mission tried to reopen relations... and were informed their genitals would be bitten off, if they didn't leave... NOW! Pico took advantage of the panic, and stowed away on their ship... and has made a life for himself, as the only Deek to survive such an exile.

Other: Pico's species reach sexual maturity at the age of sixty... male maturation is stimulated by female scent, sight and touch. Having left his Homeworld way before maturation, Pico never went through puberty... never found a female exile, like himself... only graves and bones, only a few old remains of past exiles. And yet, after surviving a starship crash three hundred and nine days ago... after being saved and healed from fatal wounds by a strange alien mystic... after burying a friend, and the rest of the passengers and crew... yes, a short time after... only a few days... he'd found himself going through the changes of puberty, somehow finding his maturation stimulated by the regenerative energies used to save his life... energies that took his undeveloped sexuality as an "injury", and apparently "healed" it. So, for over three hundred days, Pico has been living through his species equivalent of a mating rut. Out of every twelve hundred days in a cycle, four hundred days are normally spent in "rut", for the males of Pico's species... the time it takes a newborn offspring to grow strong enough to handle itself, without constant parental care... the time an infant becomes a child, able to stand and run on his or her own legs, and eat solid food....

For a male, this "rut" results in radical physical changes... the bump on his forehead splits open into a third eye, compound in structure, blue in color, and able to see bioenergy in link with his feelers... his feelers, lengthened and thickened... spikes, one growing out of each primehand's wrist, toxic as his saliva. His copper band markings on his limbs darken, the blue slashes on his forehead fade, before his third eye opens... and the blue writes patterns on his hide, in curves, arcs and whorls, from forehead to groin... down his neck, over his shoulders, around his hips... and marking his uro-genital slit with its color....

Oh, and Pico's Homeworld... due to a more extreme axial tilt, combined with higher gravity and atmospheric pressure, his Homeworld is subject to wild swings in weather patterns, along with frequent tectonic disturbances. Weather can get so violent, wide areas can be stripped of any loose vegetation or debris... atmospheric pressure can drop very low in a region, as well... suffice to say, Pico's species is adapted to this environment, which is why they have the abilities they do, to survive such a harsh environment... bulletproof hide (to protect from flying debris, gravity-defying grip (to hold on in high winds, for one), electromagnetic feelers (to sense and predict lightning strikes)... I think you get the idea.

Heh... couldn't think of any quote off-hand, so I dug one up:
"I mean, have you ever actually seen your brain?"
— Ghost in the Shell

Right, sorry about that mate.

Seems good to me, I'll have him join the starting crew aboard the Moonage Daydream as well.

Yes, I want him to be a "new hire" so I can set him up... already have an idea for a post, so everyone can get a feel for him.

Alright, so do you want us to pick him up at the space port or have him already be part of the crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.