Insurgence | Medieval Pokemon 1x1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akane was surprised to see that Arihiko was quick to answer her, sneering down at her with a smug expression. She frowned deeply, displeased with the way that he was acting. Honestly, she was jealous that she couldn't be the one to lead their little army... her name would most likely be meshed in with the rest while Arihiko and that buffoon would be called heroes!

She returned Arihiko's sneer with a glower. "I just want to say, I'm not pleased with your decision," she grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest. Akane was a proud woman, someone who didn't want to be brushed to the side. Her hand came up to run it through her hair, glaring to the side. "I don't think a lot of people are, honestly. So try to not mess up and not get killed."

Last edited by a moderator:
Arihiko fought with himself to not scowl at her in return, and he remained silent when she voiced her displeasure about the current events in their group. He watched her run a hand through her hair, her fingers brushing through the many soft strands, and the young man's smirk died down from her warning. He glanced to the people in front of him. Oh yes...that. He wasn't new to the idea of being hunted down by pitchforks, or in this case, swords, spears, and anything else they may throw at him. Despite the group's dislike of him, the Leonian wasn't too worried about his safety. He had Talos and Amon watching his back, and that's not to mention that Inigo was on his side. If they made any moves against him, he'd be ready for it.

He sighed through his nose, sitting up on the saddle before he once again looked at Akane. She had been entirely right though, and he felt an ounce of regret. "I'm aware of that," he responded, his expression glum when he turned his head away from her. "They may try all they want to push me aside, but I will not budge until we find the answers we seek," he informed her, though his voice lacked the resolve it carried a few moments ago. The young man had the thought that he may have made a mistake by acting that way around these people, but he was far too stubborn to admit this.

"Stubborn... I like it," Akane commented, raising a brow. Her feet were already beginning to ache due to walking so much, but she kept up with the large Pokemon and its rider. "I trust your word... and hope that one day, I won't wake up to find you with your throat slit just because of your brash attitude."

With that, the woman left his side, striding away with her usually vigor. She went off to join the other Phoenicians, sighing as she looked at the sky. Akane wondered how long it would take before the group didn't trust each other, any longer. It was bound to happen... the question was when.

~

A FEW DAYS LATER
It had taken the group a little while to reach the border of Phoenicis. The multicolored forests were already beginning to thin out into grandiose fields of wheat and corn. Open blue skies, unshrouded by branches and thick canopies of trees, stretched far above their heads. It was the perfect environment for bird Pokemon, who soared both close to the ground and far from it. Little specks of black dotted the skies, circling around them idly.

From her spot on the ground, Akane could not figure out which little speck was Subaki. She raised a hand to her face, her eyes scanning the broad expanse of blue as they traveled down the dusty path. With no protection from the harsh sun, she was already feeling her skin begin to bake... and of course, the droplets of sweat that ran down her pale skin left her feeling dirty and uncomfortable. That was the life of a soldier-- no one really cared if they were dirty or clean.

Akane sighed, licking away the sweat that had gathered at the top of her lip. The group had found a clear river, which they were traveling alongside. If they followed the river, it would lead them directly to the Fulmi capital. But the capital was rather far away, still-- it would take days of travel to reach it.

And so, they decided to set camp, somewhat away from the river to provide those who wished to bathe some privacy. The woman was dying to remove her armor and take a dip within the cool waters. She had to find a way to get rid of the dirt and grime that was ravaging her tender parts; it was almost as if an army of Durants had crawled their way into her breeches. After helping setting up camp and gathering ingredients for their dinner, Akane split away from the crowd and made her way to the riverside.

Pieces of armor fell away from her body, clattering onto the ground as she stepped into the river. A sigh escaped her lips when she felt the crystalline rapids climb up her thighs and waist, wiping away the grime that had worked its way through the cracks in her armor. Akane slipped further into the river, looking content as she glanced up at the sky. Daylight was waning... she better make this quick.

The border of Phoenicis. Even if he had been born with the most vivid and intricate imagination known to man, it still wouldn't have prepared him for what he saw out there. On his left was a forest of fire, the canopies spreading out like broad plumes of flames where they rose over their heads to block out the rays of the sun; and on his right, were several golden fields rolling out into the horizon for as far as he could see. If Arihiko had to describe the views with one word, it would be 'breathtaking.'

The fields however, had little to no protection against the sun, and thus, the young Leonian was pulling at the opening of his armor, desperate to cool himself off when the group followed along the crystalline river in a mostly neat line. He felt like a bun baking in an oven and he was sure that he would lose his mind if he didn't find shade anytime soon. Hime, on the other hand, seemed perfectly content with the heat when she twisted and turned in a game of tag with Solace. Lucky avian... he bitterly thought when he shielded his eyes, watching the two show off their acrobatic skills to one another.

It took them a while until their group finally decided to set camp, and when they did, Arihiko felt nothing but exhaustion. Beads of sweat ran down his forehead, stinging his eyes when he climbed down from Talos and dismounted him. The instant he reached the ground, he was forced to steady himself against the Tyranitar when he was hit by a dizzy spell, and the feeling only intensified when bile threatened to rise up his throat. The young man doubled over, prompting Talos to rumble worriedly when he turned to watch him closely. With the rest of their group beginning to set up tents, Arihiko could do nothing else but hope that it would pass soon.

He wasn't sure how long he had remained like that, but he gradually grew aware of someone calling his name when a shadow entered his view, cooling his skin. He felt the hard leather of a water pouch shove its way into his hand.

"...Here, drink this," he heard Inigo say in a low voice.

Nodding in silent gratitude, Arihiko slowly but steadily straightened himself before he uncorked it and tipped the edge against his cracked lips. The liquid splashed over his tongue when he took large gulps, and nothing could ever describe the sense of rejuvenation that overcame the young man when it flooded down his gullet. Inigo had him sit down after that, and the young man could hardly argue against him when he spent the first hour to recover.

The open sky was beginning to mix into shades of reds and oranges by the time people began to cook their food, and Arihiko idly watched when Inigo told jokes to a circle of Leonians gathered around him. Laughter came from them, and a few walked off in high spirits to tend to their Pokemon. He rubbed his thumb against his chin when someone's Persian bolted across the camp, and he felt the hint of coarse hair against his touch. He needed to shave.

Standing up, the young Leonian approached the older man. "Inigo, have you got a razor I could borrow?"

Shifting slighlty on the rock he sat on, Inigo gave him a long look and didn't reply immediately when he sighed. He proceeded to dig into the bag on his belt. "You should invest in buying your own sometime," he replied, soon handing out a blade for the other to take.

"Yes, maybe I should," Arihiko returned, a crooked smile on his face before he left in the direction of the river. If he had the coin to afford the prices, then he would have bought one a long time ago. He got scowled at by the Aurosians when he passed their group, though the Leonian paid them no mind when he entered the edge of the forest and continued deeper into its shaded depths. Soon, he could spot the faint glimmer of water behind the sparsely grown trees, and he wasted no time in making a beeline towards it.

Upon arriving to the secluded area, Arihiko's gaze shifted up, and his eyes grew wide when they landed on Akane's bare back. "Crap!" he hissed, and he hustled back to a tree, pulling himself behind it to hide. He was sure that that she hadn't seen him, though he knew that he longer he stayed, the larger the risk was of him being spotted by her. Still, the Leonian found himself doing the unthinkable; he peeked past the edge to watch her. He did have the thought that he should leave and return later, and yet his legs didn't move and he remained where he was.

The feeling of the cool water running over parched skin was divine. Akane splashed the water over her hair and shoulders, her features content as she bathed within the river. It was somewhat surprising to see that the water was still cold, even under the harsh Fulmi sun. Maybe it was because the water wasn't stagnant and thus prevented itself from becoming warm. Honestly, she didn't really care... all that mattered was that the river was satisfying her to no end. Why couldn't such pretty rivers be found in Phoenicis?

Rin had been stalking around the edge of the river, her eyes and ears focused forward. Her companion had decided to bathe in the water, but she stayed well away from the rushing currents. The Luxray wasn't a friend of water, anyway; something about made her fur stand on end. Her pawsteps were well spaced out as she prowled along the river bank, enjoying the quietness of the environment. That was, until she heard something. Her head shot up, and she looked towards the thin line of trees besides the river. A huff left her as she stalked closer, her tail swishing lightly as her ears pinned against her head. There was a human watching Akane bathe! She approached Arihiko, her teeth glimmering in the half light as a low growl escaped her throat.

Akane hadn't noticed her Luxray's newest target, simply washing her dirty body as much as she could. The woman was enjoying herself a bit too much-- then again, who wouldn't be?

The Leonian stood like a statue, watching when she cupped the clear water in her hands and splashed it onto her glistening hair and softly curved shoulders. It was like something out a dream, and it certainly didn't leave much to imagination when his attention strayed off to follow her movements, sinking down to her waist when she washed herself. She looked like she was truly enjoying herself...and from what he could see, she was even more alluring than what he had thought she would be. His mind was blank when he looked on, and it was only him and the silence of the forest when he regarded the forbidden scene before him.

Arihiko eventually snapped back to his senses when a low, guttural sound came from behind him, and the young man turned only see Akane's Luxray with her pearly whites bared at him. He slowly faced the feline, pressing against the tree to create some distance between them. Damn it! He should have figured that she had her companions nearby! He didn't dare to make any sudden moves with Rin there, and he had no doubt that it would be an all too simple task for her to maul him with those fangs of hers.

Carefully raising a hand to hold it out in front of him, the young Leonian hoped to convey that he meant no harm when he began to inch to the side. Maybe she would understand his message and spare him when he shuffled further away from Rin. His heel struck against an exposed root and Arihiko was sent tumbling backwards and out into the open for all to see. A loud cuss escaped him when he banged his head against the ground, and for a moment, he just lied there and held it, wincing when pain surged through his skull.

The lion-like Pokemon was obviously not pleased with the peeper. Even as Arihiko slowly turned to face her and held up a hand to soothe the beast, Rin's growling did not cease. She prowled toward him, the fur on her back prickling with both anger and static energy. Her fangs were so close to his skin that she could basically feel his warmth, that was, until the man suddenly tottered backwards and fell onto the ground. In a split moment, the Luxray was on top of him, setting a firm paw on him to avoid him running away.

Akane flinched when she heard the sound of someone falling, and she turned around to see their leader on the ground. Her Luxray was basically ready to maul him, her teeth inches away from his throat. She couldn't help but chuckle-- she was all too used to people admiring her figure, even when she was bathing. The woman stepped out of the river, not bothering to dress completely. She picked up a tower from the floor, wrapping it around her as she approached Arihiko. "I didn't think of you as the naughty type," she smirked, setting her hands on her hips. Her crimson gaze flicked over to her Luxray. "Rin. Get off him. Now."

At her companion's strong words, Rin lifted her paw, swaying her tail as she sat on the ground. Her dangerous eyes remained on the male on the ground, her muzzle twitching slightly as she glared at him. Akane, however, continued to laugh. She knelt down on the ground, cupping a hand around Arihiko's cheek as she leaned in. Her eyes met his as she spoke. "Tell me," she murmured seductively. "Did you get a good look?"

The dark feline leapt on him, causing the young man to freeze on the ground when a paw pressed down on his chest. His heart thumped like a bird's when he saw Rin lower her muzzle, feeling her warm, stinky breath against his throat and imagining her lethal fangs inches away from tearing into it. For the first time in several months, Arihiko genuinely feared for his life and he hoped that if she did decide to kill him, that his death would be swift and over without extended suffering. He wouldn't even stand a chance to unsheathe his sword in time.

Fortunately, the Luxray obeyed when Akane told her to get off and the Electric-type stepped down from him, prompting him to breathe out in relief when the weight vanished. That...had been far too close for his comfort, and Arihiko made a mental note to not do this again in the near future. He looked up when darkness shrouded the sky, gazing back into the depths of the Phoenician's eyes. He felt her hand cup his cheek, time slowing to a standstill when she leaned closer. There it was again...those dark, crimson eyes beckoning him to move forward. For a moment, the Leonian didn't dare to blink, afraid that if he did, that all of this would disappear like a mere illusion.

"...Did you get a good look?"

Arihiko blinked, his ears heating up. "I..." he stammered, nervousness creeping into him when he realized how close her face was to his own. His gaze involuntarily fell down to her lips and he momentarily wondered if they would feel as soft as they looked to be. "No...I—I mean, yes," the Leonian frowned, deadly intent on getting a grip on himself. Swallowing, he shifted his eyes over to Rin, desperate to change the subject when she scowled back at him. "You should keep a closer eye on your Luxray. If you hadn't given her that order, she would have ripped my throat out," he informed, feigning displeasure with this.

Akane raised a brow as she looked at a rather displeased Arihiko, her lips curling into a smirk as she ran a hand through her wet hair. He sure didn't seem that happy that he was caught... her gaze went over to Rin, who flicked her tail idly. Her Luxray wouldn't kill anything unless she either gave the order or she truly felt threatened. The woman sighed, resting her hands on her hips. "You shouldn't really worry about her," she told the male. "There are more... dangerous creatures out there."

Rin yawned, showing her fangs to Arihiko before falling silent again. Her hand went to the top of her Luxray's head, stroking the black fur lightly. "Anyway," her dark eyes went down to him. "You were peeking on me, weren't you? I feel like I should punish you somehow..."

She tapped her finger against her chin, frowning as she thought. Well, Akane didn't really think... she was moreso teasing him. She wondered what was going through his mind as she did so, however... did he believe that she was going to punish him for real?

"Dangerous creatures..." he scoffed, though Arihiko grew silent afterwards. There were indeed creatures far more vicious and savage than Akane's Luxray. He recalled one of his past patrols...and if Talos hadn't accompanied him that night, quite a few things would have been different for him. He still remembered those glinting dark red eyes, the heavy paws stalking among the fallen, and the blood dripping from its curling dark lip--the blood of a murdered soldier. Furrowing his brows, the young Leonian didn't dwell on it any further when he stood up from the ground and glanced at Akane when she resumed talking. It didn't take long for his sullen expression to vanish, and the man paused to consider her words more carefully. Punish? Surely she wouldn't?

Discomfort surged through him at the return of the topic and for moment, Arihiko nearly believed that she was seriously considering this...His eyes lingered on Rin. "I find that hard to believe," he spoke up, once again returning his gaze to Akane. "I...admit that I may have done something less than acceptable, but had another man been placed in my position, you would have found that he would have done the same," the Leonian concluded, feeling a rush of confidence. Yes, another man would have done the same, and he admired people who were able to turn a blind eye to these things.

"You are after all an attractive wo--" Arihiko bit down on his tongue, realizing what he just said. His heart picked up a few paces when he immediately looked elsewhere: to the trees, rocks, river, everything else but the Phoenician before him. "I...you know what? I should return...to camp," he struggled, shooting Akane a glance before he awkwardly turned to walk away. "You should too; it's getting late." Not daring to say anything else, the young man left the two behind when he hastily followed the path back into the shadows of the forest--fleeing. The Leonian truly despised himself. Why in Entei's name did this keep happening?! All he hoped is that she wouldn't torment him for this. Just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.