Indepentent State Armed Forces recruitement

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Plasma from Vay's rifle eat into several of the gunships as the kroot fires quickly bay accurately, willing to push himself over the limit to stay ahead of the tanks*

"Just send in the infantry already, I could do with a good meal." he shouted at the enemy before spotting quinn.

"Battle brother are you alright?" he called out pulling the guardsman behind cover

"HEADS UP!!!" A TC shouts as Harpoon cruise missiles streak in from over the horizon. TCs fire off chaff from the launchers on their tanks in hopes of distracting the guided missiles. A Minigunner notices Vay and Quinn, running over to pull them to safety.

"Hey, what's up? You don't see the missiles?" he shouts over the commotion. It finally registers with him what's going on. "TOP!!! TRAINING TIME OUT!!!" First Sergeant Blackburn made his way over and gave Quinn a look over. He then quickly gripped his throat mic.

"This is First Sergeant Blackburn. I'm calling a Training Time Out." he said calmly. The missiles veered off, slamming harmlessly into the ground as the tanks ground to a halt. Field Commander McCarthy made his way over, the boxy shapes of Humm Vees approaching.

"Who's having a flashback on us?" he asked, the soldiers giving him wide berth. He looked down at Quinn. "When the medics arrive tell them to take you to the base bar. You look like you need a few shots to calm you down."

*wmd finally lands, unaware of the change in status*

*Quiinn closed his eyes, trying to block everything out, yet that damned voice remained*

*vay slap quinn, a painful thing to do due to his claws, and shakes his vigarously*

I am thinking I am late in being tranzferred?

*what appears to be an anthropomorphic velociraptor, dressed in fatigues and carrying a PGR-14A1 Skirmish Rifle, approaches the nearest commanding officer, observing the pause in training with mild interest* Private Kichek reporting. Waz juzt tranzferred from the expedition in Kittu. Waz told I am to be with the Marinez under Lieutenant Traviz?

"I was kinda hoping you could tell me that," Jedidiah said with a chuckle, "The recruiter guy just said I was to come here, or something."

((Funny, Grumpy, I didn't know you played a commanding officer. ;P))

*frowns* "Really? And none knowing where commanding offizer iz? *looks around, and notices the group gathering around Quinn, watches for a second, then immediately starts walking quickly over to where they are, stopping a few feet away to watch and wait until someone in charge finally notices*

*Quiinn flinched as he was knocked onto the ground. After a moment his visioned started to return. He sat upright, slowly massaging the gashes on his cheek.*
"Sorry about that sir, memories."

An observing Lieutenant looks from his binoculars to Kichek, sketching a salute.

"Private, you report to Admin, not the field." the officer says, snapping his fingers at a Minigunner. "Lance Corporal, take this Marine to the CQC gym." A soldier stepped up, motioning for Kichek to follow him to a nearby Humm Vee. Once on the Minigunner drove away from the training field.

"So, you're going to be with the 'Lightning Lieutenant,' right?" he asked, trying to spark a conversation as the boxy vehicle passed a battery of M-270 MLRS from the 51ST Armored Division. "I hope you've got a life insurance policy taken out on yourself."

(I think Jed's still at the recruiting office, Psy, though Mac knows the layout better than me...)

(Kichek is already enlisted. She was brought in through an ISAF-EF unit in another place, hence why she's a Marine.)

"Really?" *turns head, looks at the minigunner curiously* "Why'z that?"

"Those Marines push themselves half to death." the Lance Corporal replies as he turns onto the main road. "They've got the highest turnover out of all other units as well as the highest casualty rates, and that's just from training."

----------------------------------

"Either way, Private, you're not staying out here." Carl says to Quinn as the medical Humm Vee rolls up. "You'll most likely be evaluated for a different posting."

"Sir, that kroot's still running at the target." a Minigunner shouts, watching Vay run toward a fire base.

"No shit..." Carl says, shielding his eyes from the sun despite his shades. "Place your bets to see when he turns back."

*Quiinn nodded, and stood up. After a moment he grabbed his long las and headed for the humvee, leaving the issued rifle on the ground*

"Hey, you left your Bullpup." Top Blackwell shouted, grabbing the weapon and taking it to Quinn. "You don't leave this weapon behind, no matter what."

"He's still going..." one of the TCs says as he watches Vay run at the fire base.

------------------------

"I accept you no matter what happens, Julez... You know that..." Deimon says as he follows Julez to Medical. "Is there ever anytime where I wouldn't?"

"Thank you...."

Julez whispers as she leads Deimon and finally to Archetype.

"Arch, how's Akira doing? Is he driving you nuts?"

"AHHHHHH!!!!!" vay shoutrd at he ran at the base, half hoping they would kill him so he didn't have to be near the tanks. The defenders where of course standing bown at the aborted training required. "Why aren't you shooting back, you afraid of making me mad?"

*grins at the minigunner, showing off all her teeth* "Zoundz like fun time- A fun time, zorry. Hard training makez good warriorz... zoldierz, doez it not? Zurviving it juzt makez one tougher. I am looking forward to it; If I can't handle it, I zhouldn't have come."

The Minigunners in the fire base simply looked at Vay. The radio operator had the handset to his head.

"Ahh, we're being told to send you back to the tanks." the operator finally said, a CH-47D Chinook flying overhead. "Top Blackburn says you need to stay close to the tanks. To reinforce this he asked us to help you." Vay heard the rumbling and the whine of the turbine engine before he saw it.

The M-102A4 Paladin II Improved rolled out from behind the fire base M-198 howitzer. It was larger than the Assault Crusaders and had an M-45A1 Five inch Rifle and a Deuterium Flouride Point Defense Laser.

"They want to see if you can outrun it." the operator says as the tank lurches towards Vay, the 127mm cannon aiming right at him.

-----------------------

Archetype looks up from her present patient, a badly mauled soldier hooked up to life support. In hir hand is a clipboard with the man's vitals.

"Oh, hey there!" s/he says to Julez, turning away from the soldier. "Akira's asleep right now. He's not as much trouble as when you first brought him to me."

----------------------------

The driver laughs as he swerves to miss a HEMTT 8X8.

"Naw, the Marines are typically tough bastards." he says as he pulls into the CQC gym lot. "Well, here we are..."

Status
Not open for further replies.