Indepentent State Armed Forces recruitement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julez looks over at Deimon, then sniffs and hops up into Akira's crib, curling up with him protectively, she then turns her head back towards Deimon.

"You have no right to judge.... where were you up until I saw you?... Oh, that's right, I have no idea..." With that, she angrilyflicks one of her tails at him and then nuzzles Akira.

Tel'Nein is already there...blink elf and all.

What's he doin again?

*The kroot wakes up in hospital, hevilt bandadged and wearing a neckbrace*

An officer looks up at Jack from his newspaper.

"Nein, Nein, let me see..." The soldier types in the name on his computer, waiting for the results. "Okay, he's with the 84TH Experimental Weapons Battalion at the tank depot. Road Rage is having them run quarterly checks on the LC-88 laser cannons on the Paladin IIIs.

--------------------------------

"You're finally awake, I see." a nurse says to Vay as he checks the kroot's IV. "We almost had to request permission to use Regenesis on you."

The alien looks at the nurse, confused, or perhaps just rattled by the blow to the head. ]

"The whatnow?

"It's not important." the nurse replied, checking Vay's IV line then replacing the bag. "If anything you're lucky Sergeant Lynch didn't deploy his metal spike."

*mumbles* he the guy who made the rock guys?

*looks at IV* wait, whats in that?

"Just morphine... We don't try to kill you here in the hospital." the medic says as he jots down some notes. "We leave that up to the instructors. Which reminds me, you've got a visitor."

"I hear you hate tanks." Top says as he walks up. "I'm sure we can put that dislike to use."

The Clawkin's tail twitched as she watched the results of the training match with interest, before her attention was caught by Travis. She stood straighter, bringing her hand up in a bastardized salute.

"Lanz Corporal Kichek, reporting to Lieutenant Traviz," she said.

Even drugged up on painkillers the kroot shivered.

"Use it?"

He gulped.

Julez sighed and looked over at Deimon apologetically, upset that she had hurt him, mad at herself. She nuzzled Akira for one more moment, then jumped to the floor from his crib and reformed into her halfbreed appearance. "I.... I never meant to hurt you.... like that..... I... I just got so angry.... I... never wanted to...." She trailed off and tried to start again over and over, stumbling over the words in an apology. She whimpered slightly, her tail limp and her ears drooped. "I.... I'm sorry....."

Top nods with a big grin on his face.

"Definitely." he replies. "As soon as you're fit for full duty you're going to train under Captain Pliskin and the 9TH SOCOM in the fine art of tank killing while on foot."

-----------------------------

"I know, Julez... I deserve it..." Deimon manages. "After all I haven't been there for you..."

-----------------------------

Lieutenant Travis gives Kicheck a once over.

"Alright, let's see what you can do." Travis says, popping his neck and stepping out onto the grass. The Marines there give him wide berth, going off to the sidelines. Travis brings his hands up, legs shoulder width apart and offset. "Let's see what you can do."

Kichek's eyes widened briefly for a moment as her clawed hand dropped back to her side, and she leaned back just a bit.

Then her face split into a wide grin, every razor-sharp tooth bared, and she lunged for him.

Speed was her advantage against heavier human opponents; her movement was a flicker of coiled reptilian muscles and serpent-quick reflexes. She immediately jerked sharply to his right, whipping her tail up towards his face; the leather strap wrapped around it was armed with sharp metal spikes, under normal circumstances easily capable of ripping through flesh. At the same time, she raised her own massive foot, and thrust it out in a sharp kick, bringing her largest toe claw to bear and rake sharp lines across his forearm.

Sudden;y the kroot wish his skul HAD been bashed in.

"Killing tanks, sir?" he asked "From a distance?" he sounded almost as if he believed that to be a remote posability.

"You wish." Top replies. "Pliskin's course is for killing tanks up close."

Julez looked away for a moment, then looked at Akira, her sad expression lifted for a moment and then she looked at Deimon again. She walked towards him slowly, smiling slightly. "Yes, I'm mad about that.... Because.... no matter how long you could have left for, I would still love you and miss you like hell..." Julez reaches Deimon and then embraced him. "I love you, I love you so much.... I missed you.... God, I missed you so much..." She kissed the top of his head and held him close, sighing with the simple pleasure of being next to him.

"Up close!" if it were't for the medication the kroot warrior would have torn free and ran. "Just where does this course start?"

Top adjusted his sunglasses, popping his neck afterwards.

"The course starts as soon as you're Fit for Full Duty. Fortunately we're authorizing use of Regenesis to get you back into the field so you should be good to go in four hours time." Top replies as a nurse checks the other occupants of the room.

Sothing more is heared from the kroot as he loses contiousness to wake up a few hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.