Impossible Love (Completed)

Re: Impossible Love

Efron gasped as he shot up into a sitting position. He was breathing heavily and sweating. "Em-Emilee. Oh thank God, I...I had a bad dream. That is all." He went in and hugged her with great passion. He kissed her cheek softly and sighed in relief. "I won't ever let you be hurt. It will not happen as long as I breathe." He then got up and put his head in his hands for a bit to adjust to reality. "Uh, how was the bakery. Did you get your job, I imagine so?" He was quickly trying to change to conversation topic.

Efron stood for a while, trying to clam his nerves. He was shaken. The dream was too real. It was as if he had lived it a second time. It was worse this time. Efron couldn't explain how it was played so perfectly. Dreams weren't supposed to do that? It didn't make sense to him and it left him a bit off. He turned to Emilee as she sat, her face showed she was worried. Efron didn't have any words to console her, which was a first.

"Yes, I start on Tuesday," she nodded solemnly.

Even after the dream had subsided, Efron still looked troubled. He began to pace the room and eventually went to clean up the items he had left on the floor after work. For awhile Emilee just watched him, not knowing what to say. The dream was long gone but it seemed to still have a hold on him. From his comment when he first woke up, Emilee imagined the nightmare was about someone hurting her. She grimaced a bit - she didn't want Efron to be losing sleep worrying about her.

When he began to shuffle his things nervously on the bedside table, Emilee stood and wrapped her arms around him. At first he was a little stiff and tentative to hold her back, but when she pressed her soft form into his muscular chest, he relaxed significantly.

She touched his shoulder and smiled apologetically, "I'm right here, honey. Safe and sound. Let's not worry, okay? I know that nothing bad will happen... not while I'm here and not while you're around." Efron had showed her quickly that he would protect her in any amount of danger. Hell, the man had taken down five strong soldiers while barely even knowing her!
Her hands ran up and down his biceps and she whispered, "I'm right here. What can I do to help you? I don't want you to worry about me..."

"I will always worry about you. I don't know why, but I will. You aren't a kid and it's not that I think you are. It's just....I care about you that's all. " He hugged her once more, gripping tightly. " I love your dress, you look so beautiful." He hadn't really noticed until now how beautiful she had looks. It finally brought a smile to his face. It brought the color to his face and he was reassured of everything. It was just a dream. That day was long gone and now Sete was their future. It did make you forget the war. That was something Efron needed more than anything. If Sete wasn't enough, having Emilee here, in his arms did the trick. He was so blessed to have her. He lifted both pendants in his hand softly, he smiled lovingly and kissed her, placing them back on her chest.

Emilee smiled as she watched the colour flood back into Efron's cheeks; she supposed that he just needed to be brought back to Earth. She too experienced those nightmares - images of war and death, of men trying to pull off her skirt and touch her in ways no man ever should.

She toyed with the pendants, the sign of his devotion to her, after he rested them back against her skin. She felt so warm and safe in his arms - she had never felt so wrongly for another man before. Crushes she had in gradeschool had never left her feeling this giddy and whole; she wanted to run away with this man forever, get married and have a harem of little children. It was a far-fetched idea, but when Emilee saw the look in Efron's eyes, she imagined it was possible.

Kissing his once more, Emilee gripped at Efron's belt buckle and pulled him against her. After another heated and warm kiss, she scrunched her nose up and told him, "I think you need a good shower, honey. If you'd like, you can freshen up and I'll make us something to eat. I need to start practicing for the bakery! They have me working on the bread at first, but I promise I'll good at making dinner food, too." For some reason, she felt like she had to prove to him that she'd make a wonderful wife. The idea of sharing a life, a home and a family with Efron warmed her heart.

Efron laughed and kissed her back. "I do smell I suppose. I'll got and wash up. If you want to make some food, im not against it Emilee!" He laughed once more and went to get clothes. Once he had what he needed he left the room. He had his shirt off before even reaching the bathing room. Once there he stripped down and began to bathe. He was certaintly excited to see what Emilee would prepare. He was very hungry and the thought of a warm meal taunted his mind as he bathed.

Emilee quickly changed into a night dress; as much as she liked her new garments she craved to get comfortable again. She slipped on a small pair of slippers and then went to go and prepare a meal. After everything that Efron had done for her she imagined that this would be the least she could do.

As she began to put the meat sauce and noodles into the pot, Emilee let her mind wander. She imagined doing this every night for the rest of her life and decided that she would enjoy that. Efron would make a wonderful husband and father; perhaps she we thinking a little too far ahead but she imagined that it was ok to dream. What woman wouldn't want a man as strong and handsome, not to mention protective, as Efron as her husband?

When he came from the bathing room he smelled like soap and musk - a combination that emilee was quickly beginning to love.
She smiled when he wrapped his arms around her waist and peeked over her shoulder.

"I hope that you like meat sauce. It smelled delicious in the cafe, so I got a container for us!" she smiled.

"It's one of my favorites!" He laughed and kissed her shoulder softly. He let his hands wander a bit down her sides to her hips. Her petite form was indulging. He quickly snapped out of it and wrapped them around her waste again squeezing lovingly before letting go.

The smell of the food was quickly driving Efron insane. He needed some. He went and prepared an area for them to eat. He couldn't help but admire her from afar. She was the spitting image of perfection to him. He imagined them being together forever. He wasn't quite sure where they stood now, obviously they had embraced each other quite well, but the "L" word was only mentioned once, and that was in Efron's hysteria. He shook it off. There was time. All the time in the world.

Before long Efron couldn't take it and crept up to the pot, dipping his finger in and licking it, laughing playfully. "I couldn't resist!"

The tension was apparent; after all, he was a man and she was a woman. Emilee was glad that the young man seemed good at controlling any desire that ran between them, though; there were so many differences between him and the usual man she encountered. Still, though, his gentle touches had her warm and blushing softly.

When he playfully took a finger of the sauce, Emilee laughed and watched as he nearly burned his tongue with it. When he tried to go in for another taste, she playfully bit at the tip of his finger. "Hey now, no second helpings!"
Efron gave her a playful pout but Emilee just knocked him in the hip and continued to make dinner. He touched her continuously, hands generally remaining on her shoulders and waist but sometimes travelling to her rounded hips.
She eyed him mischievously, "yes, someone is definitely hungry...."

"I am starving, actually." He said as he kissed her one last time before heading over to a table he had brought up, and set. "Edward let me take one of his tables. Since two of us live here now, he thought it'd be fair. I've set it up for us." He smiled and poured wine into their glasses. It was a good night, he thought, why not celebrate with some alcohol. He laughed at his own notion.

Efron then sat down and waited for Emilee to be done. He sipped some of his wine and stretched out. He was feeling a bit tense after the episode he had and his muscles were knotted. He would just wait for them to naturally unfold.

When she showed signs that the food was ready, Efrons face lit up like a puppy who was at the park for the first time, ready to run around freely.

Emilee spooned them both generous amounts of pasta; she had even bought a loaf of garlic bread from the bakery, and she placed a few slices in between them. Efron looked like he hadn't eaten a proper meal in years, digging in almost as immediately as she set it down in front of him. Emilee enjoyed that he didn't take himself so seriously; there was something particularly inviting about man that could laugh and be playful.

Before she began to eat, Emilee smiled shyly, "you know, once we save enough money... we might even be able to buy a little house. I don't doubt my mother would send me money, either, I'm just fearful that she would tell my father."
Efron grinned, "a house... that would be nice." Emilee saw a bit of spark in his eye; a hope for the future... she wondered if he wanted what she did too... a marriage and children, a white picket fence and a dog to romp around with?

After they ate, Emilee eyed the glass of wine. She had never been very good with alcohol and knew that just a glass could have her intoxicated for the entire night. Not to mention the stuff tasted putrid on her tongue. Emilee trusted Efron, but she didn't want to make a fool of herself if she started to drink.
She slid the wine over to Efron, watching as he guzzled what was left of his own, "I'd like to have a clear head tonight."

"Oh, well that is fine!" He smiled and although he he already drank one glass he decided that was enough. "Do you want some water? Milk?" He got up to fetch a glass for her. "Anything you want, sweetie." He poured himself a glass of water. When she decided on water, he returned, glass in hand and slid it over to her. "This food is delicious. You have a knack for cooking Emilee. I haven't tasted food this great in years!" He smiled before chomping away at what was left of his meal. There was a moment where he locked eyes with her and he couldn't look away. Her smile was beautiful and seemed to magnetically attract his eyes. He then found himself staring a hole right through her.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to stare." He put his head down, blushing.

There was no doubting that they shared a special connection. A few times Edward had called them out for making eyes at each other, and now they were catching themselves doing it a lot more. Emilee wasn't about to complain, though; she wasn't used to the romantic mail attention and having its source as Efron made her heart warm.

"It's alright," she giggled, stabbing a piece of meat and putting it into her mouth.

The two of them cleaned up the dishes together, laughing and throwing suds at each other. Once everything was put away they turned off the overhead light and retired to the bed with a tiny plate of cookies Emilee had bought. For every one cookie Emilee ate Efron managed to get in four; she laughed at him, and pretended to hoard a bunch of the snacks on her side of the plate.
The bed was too narrow for the two of them but Emilee enjoyed the proximity. For the first night they had slept back-to-back, but when the young woman had opened her eyes the next morning, she found that Efron had turned and wrapped an arm around her waist. She hadn't been the least bit afraid or tentative, leading her to believe she trusted Efron with more than just her heart.

The young woman rolled onto her stomach and popped a chocolatey kiss on Efron's lips, "you taste like wine and chocolate; I think you may be onto something, though! One kiss and I think I'd rather taste you than the cookies!" Somehow he had managed to get a few sips of wine in her life, bringing down her guard and often sending her into fits of silly giggles. She imagined he had done that on purpose.

Efron laughed at her silliness. He began to play with her hair and felt relaxed in doing so. Her hair was soft and his fingers trailed through with ease. "There is no where I would rather be than right her with you, Emilee." He kissed her softly on her shoulder. Seeing as how she was acting silly, he would occasionally begin to tickle her, causing laughter to erupt from both of them. They were like teenagers with how free they acted. They were free. No war on the front door, no soldiers to cause problems. Just Efron and Emilee, laughing into the night.

Their fun consumed larger part of the night until they both were tired from laughing. Now Efron's eyes would occasionally start to close but he kept trying to keep them open. He didn't want to sleep because that meant not seeing Emilee until he awoke again. "I don't want to fall asleep Emilee, I want to stay up all night with you. I don't want this time to end." He smiled and rested his head on the pillow next to hers, staring into her innocent blue eyes. Just like when he first met her, his heart began to melt, causing him to blush lightly.

Emilee imagined she could write a best selling romance novel with all of the sweet things that Efron said to her. Not that she intended to share this with anyone... their specials moments were theirs alone, private and intimate and so very special.
Reaching out, Emilee cupped his cheek and smiled as she stroked the fine stubble. Efron looked even more handsome and wonderfully masculine with the shadow; there was something so enticing about his squared jaw and just slightly crooked nose. Emilee leaned in and kissed him softly. "It's not going to end. We still have tomorrow... and the day after... and all the days after that."

After a few minutes of groggily speaking, Emilee rolled over and was content to find that she fit nicely against Efron's chest. His hands tentatively came to wrap around her waist, squeezing her with reassurance. He hummed against her ear and Emilee drifted to the sound of his sweet lullaby.

~ ~ ~

Several months later, Emilee found herself in the exact same position. Waking to the soft of the wind against the window one quiet Wednesday night, she snuggled close against Efron. Over the past few weeks they had gotten so close, enjoying their days off together and walking off to work each day. Gradually they began to save some money, and Emilee had hope that one day their dream of a home - and maybe even a family - could come true. She was as giddy as a schoolgirl at just the thought of her.

The young woman rolled off, tracing her companion's features with her eyes and then her fingers. Her lips soon connected with his handsome features, feathering along his lips and trailed to his strong jawline.

"Efron?" she whispered softly.
He groaned groggily but seemed to wake, barely opening blearly eyes to her.
"I love you," she vowed, smiling sheepishly.

Efron finally opened his eyes to see her. He wasn't sure if he had heard her right. Did she say love?. It couldn't be. He stared into her eyes and smiled. He had wanted to hear those words for the longest time. It had almost been a year since she had arrived at Sete. Ever since then he knew he loved her. He kept it to himself. He didn't want to rush anything. He spent every day with her, bonding and fully realizing his love was truly real. Every laugh, every tear, every moment was worth it once those words escaped her mouth.

Efron trembled to say anything. He wanted so bad to respond but his throat was clogged with emotion. Efron simply smiled and you could tell by his lips he wanted to speak. He put his hand on her cheek and slowly caressed it.

Even since he left his hometown, the town he met Emilee, he had longed for her. They had barely seen each other but it didn't matter to Efron. Ever since she first served him in the shop, he was hooked on her. She was a drug, and Efron was heavily addicted. Now the moment had come. Love. It circled around his mind.

Finally Efron opened his mouth and with love struck eyes said, "Emilee, I love you too, so much."

Emilee wasn't quite sure when her true feelings for Efron came through. She thought she mind have loved him the moment they laid eyes on each other; there was something so mysterious and alluring about him in the cafe. Then she remembered how she felt when he have saved her from those horrible soldiers, or when she saw him in Sete for the first time. Emilee knew that it could have been any of those moments that she fell in love with him. Not that mattered... She knew she loved him now, and that was all she really cared about it.

The young woman knew that only good things would come with this. Even when the war seemed to be closing in in them or their situation seemed dire, at least they would have each other. Emilee hadn't even though of returning to her family; she belonged here, and as far as she was concerned, Efron was her family now.

"I don't care what people say. I don't care about Jewish or German, to me we are just a man and a woman. I'm glad we found Sete, Efron.... This is where we belong."
The more time they spent together, the more of the future emilee could envision. Marriage and children, little gardens and happiness. She smiled and kissed his collarbone.

Efron smiled and sat up kissing her beforehand. He jumped out of bed and felt full of joy. "I am not going to lie, Emilee. I've loved you for as long as I can remember. It has been over a year since we have first met. Oh, I am so happy!" He ran over and picked her up, swinging her around. After setting her down he hugged her, pulling her in close. He kissed her several times on the cheek and forehead." You are my world Emilee. I will be by your side behind everything."

Efron smiled like had never before, full of pride. He had what he thought the most beautiful and nicest woman in all of the world. No war was going to stop them from being together. Efron kissed Emilee on the lips sweetly and continued to hold her. He was the happiest man on the earth and he knew it.

Emilee squealed and laughed as Efron pulled her off of the mattress and swung her about. His lips were warm and inviting, and he kissed her so many times that she lost count. She glad that he was so overjoyed; she could see their relationship lasting a very long time.

When he finally placed her back down onto her feet, Emilee collasped back into the bed. Perhaps sharing her love for Efron hadn't been best at four in the morning; her muscles were stiff and her eyes drooped as she laid her head back down onto her pillow. Efron was soon to join her, wrapping the blankets around them and cuddling close. Even after a year they were still sharing the narrow single bed; the proximity had rapidly become comfortable, though.

"Mmm, sleep..." she whispered, pecking his chin, "we'll celebrate tomorrow."

They only slept until six, and Emilee groggily from the bed as Efron retreated to take a shower. She quickly changed and braided her hair down the back. When the young man returned, Emilee had prepared them a small meal of oatmeal. Since the war continued to rage fresh produce was harder to find - Emilee couldn't remember the last time she had enjoyed a glass of milk or a ripe apple.

Emilee smiled at him from across the table, "today we should go dancing. The pub down the road is open tonight, and though they don't sell much liquor anymore, I heard them have a great piano player on Wednesdays..."

"I'm not much of a dancer, but that sounds lovely, it will be fun." Efron smiled as he spooned down his oatmeal. Sadly for him it was a long day at work. He had to be their early so he was quickly off to collect his equipment. "Oh! I forgot to tell you. I may have a promotion coming my way. Our director, Aaron, layed off one of the workers, something about laziness, point is he is choosing a new assistant director. I've been working there the longest so my chances are high. I'm excited!" He laughed happily and walked over to Emilee, leaning in to kiss her. It was a loving kiss on the lips and he smiled right after. He made his way to the door. As he opened the door he turned to her smiling as he said, "I love you Emilee." He heart swelled and there was love in his eyes. The words could freely escape his mouth and he knew she loved him too.

The days that Emilee didn't work she tended to their small apartment and sometimes, if she was brave, venture into the town. Sete was a safe haven but she was still wary about going on her own. Yesterday Efron had picked her up some flour and sugar from the general store, though, and the young woman figured she would bake a few things. She enjoyed sharing them with Edward and his new fiance, Louise, as well as any other tenants that happened to be in the main dining area.

She also took the time that day to tidy herself up. She wore her prettiest blue silk dress, curled her hair into loose little ringlets, and fashioned a pair of little black pumps that strapped around her ankles. Emilee even blotted a bit of pretty rose blush onto her lips and cheeks, smiling softly at the colour they seemed to give her. The young woman only wanted tonight to be special - over the last year Efron had been so good to her...

When Efron arrived home he delivered the wrong news that he had gotten hired. As his usual routine, he wrapped the young girl in his arms and scooped her from the floor. Emilee giggled and playfully pushed at his shoulder, mumbling something about weighing more than she used to and not wanting to hurt the new assistant's back.
It didn't take Efron long to shower and dress, and as always, he looked utterly handsome. A year of construction work had done him well; sometimes he walked around the apartment in just his slacks, leaving little to imagination. Emilee found herself more than once gawking at his smooth belly and well-muscled shoulders. He was the type of man that women read about in those silly dime novels; the fact that he only shaved every few days didn't help, either. He was all man, but underneath, Emilee was happy to know that he was as soft as she was.

As they exited the apartment, Emilee gripped at Efron's collar and pulled him close. Her lips met him in a warm kiss, a little bit more passionate than normal, but still modest. She grinned at him, "yes, a celebration is definitely in order."

The bar was hopping with piano and swing music, couples dancing around the main floor while others simply looked on from tables. Efron and Emilee sat down by the window, and when a draft hit, the young woman pulled her shawl a little closer. She smiled out at the dancing couples; some were wonderful while others stepped on their partner's feet. Emilee tapped Efron's foot underneath the table, "I want to dance when we've finished. If you don't like to swing, we could always choose a slow song!" She involuntarily gripped at the pendants around her neck, a regular part of her wardrobe now.