Impossible Love (Completed)

Re: Impossible Love

Efron couldn't bear to think that they wouldn't be together. They kept talk about not being with each other. They said they would have to find a husband and a wife but did Emilee feel as he did? Did she want Efron as he wanted her? The pain of wanting to ask was too much. He looked away towards the water and sighed lightly. " Emilee, I can't think of other women being with me. All I've thought of is you." His expression went cold. He needed to know if she loved him. " Could...could I kiss you?" He choked up on his words. He blushed horrible and let go of her, walking back a few feet. He didn't mean to say it, it slipped from his mouth. Maybe this was what needed to happen. A kiss to seal their fate. He almost vomited from his nervousness.

Emilee stared at Efron as he retreated a few steps. He looked positively nervous as he backed away, surveying her expression and ringing his hands.
Emilee hated to be consistently turning him away; after his greeting today, she realized that his emotions ran deep. Still, she feared getting too involved. Not only was he a Jew and she a German, but Emilee knew that she would never be able to give him what he needed. Efron deserved a woman that could handle herself, one that could handle a dozen children and had a family to accept them all. She felt awful for not being able to give that to him.

"Oh Efron," Emilee said softly, clasping her hands in front of her.
His face went a milky white and in the moonlight, he looked almost ghostly. Still, there was no missing the handsome features; starry and dark eyes, strong jaw, and inviting lips. She would be foolish not to kiss him.
Slowly, Emilee advanced back up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. His scent and warmth wrapped around her and she wished he would just swallow her whole; she needed him closer, wanted him in ways she had never wanted a man.
"I... I've never kissed anyone before," she admitted, and then it was her turn to blush pink.
Efron smiled apologetically at her, but before he could lean in, Emilee had pressed forward and managed by going on her toes to meet her lips to his. His taste was just as enticing as his scent; spicy and warm, a hint of mint but mostly tobacco and woods. Emilee wasn't sure how she managed to meet his lips for the first time but she thanked God she hadn't missed. And after that she didn't need to worry; his hands found her neck and he held her close, sucking the sweetness from her mouth.

As Emilee's lips pressed against his, Efron could have sworn time stopped. He embraced her with all he could and the satisfactory was more than he could ever had expect. He wanted to kiss and hold her for eternity. All that had lead up to this, the months of separation had finally payed off. After what seemed like for ever their lips finally parted, to Efron's dismay.

He then kissed her forehead gently and kept her close. He was swelled with emotions and had no words. What could he say? He didn't want to say anything. Efron wanted to let the time with her here last. He rested his cheek against her head, his arms around her. Was this just a burst of hidden emotions. Would anything happen after this? He didn't know and quite certainty did not want to find out.

For now he was happy, beyond happy. The only words he spoke he whispered softly in her ear, "Thank you, Emilee."

Emilee smiled softly and felt her cheeks heating. His eyes were intent on her face, surveying her expression. When she showed no sign of fear or regret, he seemed to grow a little less tense.
"No, thank you," she told him.
Her fingers found the hairs on the back of his neck, toying with them playfully. His eyes remained on her face, surveying her over and over again. She felt his gaze on her nose, tracing her rounded jaw and small lips. When he seemed to advance forward again, Emilee pursed them slightly.

The second time around the kiss was less reserved and a lot less awkward. He was so warm and inviting; comfortable, really. As he drew her closer Emilee stood on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. The kiss lasted longer this time, and Emilee poured every emotion into him.
Finally, they retracted, and Emilee grinned, "no thanks needed. Just keep 'em coming, and I won't ask for much else."

Efron smiled at her. "That sounds like a deal to me Emilee." He then picked her up, letting her legs wrap around his waist. He kissed her once more. "I have always dreamed of this. Ever since I left town and came her. Every letter, I felt closer to you. I had doubts but deep down I knew I would see you again. You are everything to me. My heart cried for you. I felt so low at some points. Now you are here, you saved me."

He held her close, not wanting to put her down. He put his head against hers, closing his eyes. The connection he felt was stronger than ever. The moment became silent with the waves the only noise to be heard. It was tranquil and splendid at the same time. He then playfully fell to the ground, setting her down in the sand and lied next to her. He went to his side and put his hand on his head to support it. He stared in her eyes and smiled.

Forever. The word echoed in the back of Emilee's mind as Efron swung her to the ground, cushioning her fall with his own body.
She could now imagine spending every waking hour with him; any fears or doubts she had melted away with his sweet words and soft kisses. She wanted to be with him always, whether as a friend or more. In such a short time he meant so much to her, and Emilee was certain that her feelings would only grow.

Emilee buried her cheek in the sand and stared at his joyous face. Was it possible for one man to be so handsome? To Emilee, he was the epitome of masculinity and sweetness... a rough exterior with a soft core only revealed to those closest to him. Emilee intended to get more than just a glimpse.

"How about we just leave on the beach for the rest of our lives? We could pitch a little tent and sleep under the stars when it's warm enough," she grinned playfully. The dream was sweet: not a care in the world, living life like it was meant to be.

It wasn't long before Emilee couldn't fight the urge to be close to him anymore. One taste of him and she was hooked for life; and like someone going through withdrawl, she practically attacked him.
At first her kiss was tender and warm, but soon Efron's hands, now set on her curvy hips, had her feeling all sorts of things she wasn't used to. Her lips yearned for him and soon she had the young man on his back, her legs straddling his waist. He chuckled when they finally broke apart, raising a playful eyebrow at her.
Emilee sat up a bit and touched his muscular bicep, "you were foolish to get yourself into such a position, mister Efron! Letting a lady attack you... sheesh, what kind of man are you?!" she grinned.

Efron laughed and reversed their position, placing her on her back and him over her his hand on each side of her. He leaned in and kissed her lips. "I'm a man who is staring at the most beautiful woman in the world." He smiled then jumped up, picking her up with him so they both were standing. "Well, it's getting darker. We should head back. Edward usually locks his door. That would be bad to be locked out." He placed his arm around her shoulder.

They walked back taking the shortest route to hopefully make it back in time. The streets were empty, but the town still felt safe. It was meant to. It was the eye of the storm, it was calm. With war all around, Sete was a safe haven. Exactly where Efron liked, and now Emilee was with him. How could life be any better.

Thankfully Edward waited for the two to return. "I thought you to had been absorbed by the night. I guess I was wrong." Efron laughed and lead Emilee in.

The two of them enjoyed a warm cup of tea with Edward before returning to Efron's apartment for the evening. At first Emilee was wary of sharing a room with a man, but when he offered to sleep on the floor and even her the bed, her heart warmed significantly. This man would never hurt a fly - much less her.
He gave her a pair of long johns and an old button-down shirt to wear to bed. They both changed quickly before Efron began to make a pallet for the floor.

Emilee smiled and grabbed his hand, "we can share. I trust you." Emilee was sure she had never trusted a man so much in her life; he had done so much for her already, how could she let him sleep on the floor?

They were soon curled underneath the thin comforter, the window ajar and wafting in a slight breeze. Emilee smiled gingerly at her companion, his masculine facial features illuminated by the moonlight. Emilee kissed the tip of her finger and pressed it to his nose, laughing softly to herself.
The young woman readjusted the pillow and closed her eyes. She asked, "what do you make of this, Efron? You and I, mean? I'd say our predicament is pretty unique... who know you'd walk into the shop and this would ensue..."

Efron awoke first, and slid out of the bed. He wanted to make her breakfast and felt excited to do so. Of course he had Edward help him, seeing as how he made breakfast for others as a part of his job. There was eggs, bacon, ham, fruit, and milk. He carried a tray with the goods up to the room and placed it on the table next to her. He showered quickly and put on clothes. He decided to skip his jog, it wouldn't hurt him.

He walked over the bed, where Emilee peacefully slept. She was beautiful even asleep. He replayed last night in his head and smiled happily. Finally he placed his hand on her, and spoke softly and peacefully, "Emilee, sleepyhead, it's time to wake! It's a lovely day, you wouldn't want to miss out. Plus I have something I want to show you." He laughed and waited for her beautiful blue eyes to open, probably causing his heart to melt.

Emilee dreamed of soft kisses, warm hugs... she thought of sleeping in this bed every night, of pretty white wedding dresses and little children with dark hair and chocolate eyes. Perhaps she was getting ahead of herself but her dreams didn't seem to think so; the future looked so bright, and she could only hope that someday the images would become reality.

Efron woke her slowly and Emilee blinked groggily. His face was close and he must have just showered because he smelled like musk and soap. Emilee imagined that she'd soon need to bathe, too; it had been awhile since she had enjoyed a nice soak in the tub.
Efron had other ideas for the morning though and soon he was showing her the generous platter of breakfast items. After not having eaten properly for several days now, her stomach grumbled at there mere sight. She gave Efron a big grin and a timid kiss on the cheek before eagerly digging into her food.

"I'm sure today I'll have to go looking for a job," she murmured, "as it seems I now intend to stay... and I don't want to stay in here all day!"
She wondered what Efron would make of her wanting to stay and if he would be alright if she co-inhabited with him. His actions were all innocent, and so she had no wariness when it came to sharing the tiny apartment with him. As she learned early on, Emilee trusted him.
"I know how to sow well, even bake! Perhaps another shop will hire me."

" There is a shop around the corner that needs a baker. They used to be the most popular bakery in town until the baker left for England. They are close to closing but if you show yourself, they would be thrilled!" He smiled and went to the corner of the room, picking up a dress and undergarments. "I'd imagine you might want to clean yourself. It's up to you!" He laughed before talking again." Edward gave me these. A young woman left them on accident. She left before he could return them. Don't worry, they are clean. Very lucky! The bathing room is down the hall first door on the left. You can enjoy the bath for as long as you want. You really deserve the best." He smiled and handed her the dress.

"Excuse me a moment." He seemed to skip out of the room. He wasn't good at hiding a surprise and it clearly showed.

Emilee had thought the delicious breakfast spread was the surprise, but judging by Efron's chipper mood, he had something else up his sleeve.
The young woman was excited at the prospect of a hot bath and graciously took the clothing left for her. The garments looked little too big in some areas and narrow in others, but she imagined they would do until she could buy some items in her own size.

The bath felt heavenly; she locked the door behind and sunk into the water. There had been a little vile of rosewater on the vanity and she had poured it in, scenting the water with perfume. And just as Efron offered she soaked for what seemed like an eternity, her aching muscles relaxing in the heated pool. She scrubbed her hair and face, and when she felt like she was free of all the grime and grit from the last few days, she finally pulled the drain.

Just as she had expected the clothing were ill-fitting but she was content that the bright blue fabric made her eyes pop. Emilee's mother always claimed that blue was her "best colour", lighting up her fair complexion and accentuating her baby blue orbs.
Emilee also took the liberty of brushing through her hair and applying a bit of lotion to her legs before she emerged from the water closet. The hall was empty, and Emilee tredded back to the room, braiding her hair quickly as she walked.

Efron had eventually returned to the room and noticed her now there. "You look...beautiful...so beautiful." He walked into the room and came close to her wrapping her up. He couldn't help it, he always wanted to show affection to a woman this beautiful, and he had intent to all the way.

"You have probably guessed by now that I am hiding something, " Efron spoke as he held her close. "Well I am in fact and I think you will enjoy it. I know I enjoyed making it. But, I feel as if a game is in order. I hope you are up for it. First, you'll have to catch me!." It was childish but who was Efron but a playful guy, which his masculine appearence would not give away at first glance. He playfully jogged out of the room, laughing as he did, it echoing in the hall.

Emilee cocked an eyebrow and merely watched for a moment as Efron ran from the room, his laughter chasing him. For a moment Emilee was nearly stunned; no man had ever asked her to chase him. Still, she knew that Efron was unlike any man she had ever known and she was glad to see that he had a playful side. Sometime like her father or Jack would never be caught running through the house!

It didn't take the young woman long to follow him, though; soon her small feet were clattering around the house, calling out for Efron and demanding (playfully) that he stop playing the silly game. A few individuals emerged from their apartments but just smiled at the silly couple; perhaps Efron had warned them ahead of time, or this place was silly as accepting as he claimed it to be.

Finally she caught up with him in one of the long, narrowing hallways. She imagined he had let her capture him because his legs carried him much more easily than Emilee's did. She wrapped her around arm his waist and laughed softly, nearly tackling to the ground.

Efron laughed happily at her embracing and held her close before having to let go to get the surprise. "I really do hope you like this Emilee. I was shocked when I found this, but I knew it would be perfect for you. I had to spend some money to make it what it is, but I didn't mind at all."

He went to a table in the hallway and open a drawer. There lied a long, black rectangular box. He picked it up out of the drawer and closed it. Efron kept a large smile on as he walked over to Emilee. He almost blushed while doing so. "So, it may not be much...oh here it is!" He exclaimed, stopping the useless bantering he was doing.

He opened the box revealing a pendant with a gold necklace. It was very similar to the one she had around her neck, but something else was engraved into the pendant.

It read:

Jemand Besondere*, Emilee.

He placed the box in her small hands and smiled at her. "Do-do you like it?"

~~~~~~~
Someone Special*

Emilee had been expecting one of those delicious cookies from the nearby bakery, even a new dress. But when Efron presented her with what looked to be a jewellry box, her heart swelled in her chest. The tiny pendant enclosed inside was beyond beautiful - the resemblance to his mother's was there, but it was still unique, as well. Instead of an emerald gem in the middle it showed a beautiful ruby stone, cut neatly in the shape of a heart. The engraving on the back was beautiful, as well, and brought a wide smile to Emilee's face.

"Oh, Efron..." she sighed, carefully extracting the pendant from its confines. The ruby glimmered, the facets catching every flexion of the light. For a long moment Emilee just stared at it. Someone special... She had never fancied herself that special, but there was no missing the subtle hints - the whispered words and little smiles - that Efron indicated otherwise.

"Oh, help me put it on!" Emilee exclaimed, handing it to the young man and lifting up her hair.
His hands were warm against the back of her neck and Emilee smiled as he fastened it in place. It looked nearly as though it was made for her; the ruby was stark contrast against her creamly skin, but the gold make it soft and feminine. The chain was just a slight bit shorter than that of his mother's, and they rested in a perfect vertical line down her chest.
Emilee spun around and kissed Efron repeatedly, hitting his cheeks, lips and chin. "Oh, it's so beautiful! Thank you, Efron... I... I don't know how in the world I'm going to repay you. I... I've never even received anything like this before."

Efron smiled warmly at her excitement. The trouble he had gone through to get it was by far worth it after her reaction. "I am so happy you like it. Do not worry about repayment. Your company is more than I could ever ask for Emilee."

"What would you like to do. I have to work in the start of the afternoon. Until then we can do whatever we want, it's up to you!" He smiled once more and parted her back, so it was not in the way of her face. "I hate when I can't see those blue eyes of yours." It was silly to say, but Efron took on the role of a hopeless romantic around her. He kissed her cheek and walked back towards the room.

"I asked Edward to notify the bakery of your coming to Sete. They are excited to meet you. They said any time you can show is perfect. Don't think you have to rush away though. I have plenty of money saved. I did not have much to spend it on, but now I do! Anything you want is yours Emilee. Within reason of course!" He laughed cheerfully.

The two of them ended up playing a simple game of cards for the next of the morning; they snacked on peanuts and much of them ended up in the sheets. Emilee giggled when she won the final game; the winner got a piggyback to work, and Emilee beamed with excitement. With Efron she felt like a carefree young girl again... he didn't judge her silly laughs or the way she cheered whenever she won a round.

The bakery was right near the construction office Efron was due to, and so he carried her the entire way there. Some older couples gave them mischevious little smiles as the two of them walked by, laughing and kissing and having a nice time. Sete treated them well; the people were friendly as Efron promised and it almost seemed as though the war did not exist here. A few soldiers could be spotted in the pubs, but most were of French colour and didn't call out obscenities to anyone. The more Emilee tasted the city, the more she craved to stay.

"Here you go," Efron smiled, shimmying her off of him in front of a small shop called "The Bakery". The front display window was adorned with little treats and loaves of bread, and Emilee's eyes lit up.
Quickly she wrapped her arms around Efron and kissed him, "thank you for the ride, kind sir. I'll see back in at the apartment, okay?"

Efron nodded happily and was off. His work had, to his surprise, ended early. It was a rough day however and it reflected in his demeanor. He sluggishly made his way back to the apartment.

Once he had managed his way, he crashed in the bed, simply throwing his belongings on the floor. He smelt of a hard days work, but was too tired to attempt to wash up. He knew Emilee might not appreciate his manly odor, but before he could consider anything his eyes were closing, eyelids getting heavier every moment.

Eventually he dozed off, sending him into his mind. He of course dreamed of Emilee. However it was not a pleasant one. His mind seemed to perfectly replay the day he saved her from the group of German soldiers. It was like an out of body experience.

James could see himself tackling the man into the shop glass, the struggle to subdue the next. He saw the knife coming at him and firing of the pistol. It was clear and horrible. James wanted badly to wake up from the nightmare.

Emilee, of course, was hired on the spot. The bakery was owned by a large family - however, one of the older sisters had just given birth to triplets and was unable to work. Emilee felt as though she fit right in with them - there were 3 sisters and 2 brothers, all friendly and warm beings. Her first shift wouldn't be until the following week but already Emilee had a good feeling about it. Not to mention they said she could bring home any leftovers after a long day!

She spent a little bit of time in downtown Sete before retreating back to the apartment. She had managed to pick up a new dress as well as some pretty hair clips. Efron was more than generous and gave her some money to purchase the tokens; of course, she intended to pay him back once she started working.
The young woman changed in the bathroom quickly, discarding the old garment and feeling fresh and clean in the brand new white lace garment. It cut at her knees and flared nicely, accented by the silver clip pulling a section of her hair back.

When she unlocked the door to the apartment, Emilee was startled to find that Efron was already in bed. He must had been exhausted before his things were scattered across the floor. Emilee had nearly gone to tidy up too when he called out her name. It didn't take her long to realize that he was asleep; his eyes were closed and he was beaded with a cold sweat. Slowly, Emilee lowered herself down onto the mattress, sitting so that she faced him. She dabbed at his forehead with the sheet and tried to coax him awake. He thrashed a bit, his face contorting with anguish.

"Oh, Efron," she whispered, leaning over him and shaking his shoulder a little harder this time, "it's alright, it's only a dream. Wake up..."