Illusion Game I: The Distraction of the Falling Worlds

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zhang smiled as Bubba said the words. She walked by his side as he had said how time flies. "It seems like it was only yesterday that it was Christmas, does it not?" she said, "it is a good thing and a bad one, good because we seem to be enjoying our time here such that time flies, and bad because we may be failing to truly absorb those good times?"

She thought about her words as they walked, as she enjoyed the nice weather, and she always liked seeing the lights in the town at night.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Chris Lang

"Ohaiyo! Zhang!" Megumi called out cheerfully.

"I was kind of thinking the same thing. Christmas doesn't seem that long ago. Where did the year go? But this has been a good year. I'm getting to be a better cook. Nowhere near as good as you, but still better than I was last Christmas. The animal shelter's doing great, and my friends and I have had some good times." She giggled.

"Oh, did you get that weird letter? I was just talking to Hiroshi about it. Sounds like they expect everyone to be part of this game. But not everyone's going to the party, you know? How are they going to get all the votes?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari @FireDrake150

@Mari @Chris Lang @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Hiroshi nods, Looking at the new company, and lets free a slight smile. "Hey bubba. Hey Zheng. Been a fast year, eh? I got the surprise project done and its going to release at midnight tonight, so I've been enjoying nature and enjoying the town. So far as the letter goes, I got the impression it wasn't just for today, but the next year or two. We all have to vote, But I worry what happens to those who are innocent that are voted for." his smile fades some at this uncertainty, and he look around at everyone.

Hiroshi nods, Looking at the new company, and lets free a slight smile. "Hey bubba. Hey Zheng. Been a fast year, eh? I got the surprise project done and its going to release at midnight tonight, so I've been enjoying nature and enjoying the town. So far as the letter goes, I got the impression it wasn't just for today, but the next year or two. We all have to vote, But I worry what happens to those who are innocent that are voted for." his smile fades some at this uncertainty, and he look around at everyone.
"I dunno. It's kind of vague. It's as if they're looking for spies or something." Megumi said. "They might want to arrest them or throw them out of town. Or maybe it's just a silly game. Some contest that the mayor and the people we're supposed to be looking for thought up just for fun. But the prize for winning still sounds weird to me. I mean, what would any of us do with a whole town?"

@FireDrake150 @Mari @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Zhang remembered the letter now. It seemed very weird, mysterious, and ominous, so she put it in the back of her mind at the time of reading it. Now that Megumi mentioned the letter though, she felt like they might investigate, or visit, the party.

rush2.jpg

"Perhaps we should visit the party then," she suggested. "It may be where everything about that letter is centered around." She smiled. "And if someone were to win the town, I would like it to be one of us!"

@FireDrake150 @Chris Lang @CrunchyCHEEZIT

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari @Chris Lang
He shakes his head and sighs, cleaning the fog from his glasses before looking at bubba. "Do you have any idea, sir, or are you as lost as the rest of us?"

"Like, boats are nice. We went on a boat trip to Cancun like, I mean. We had a lot of booze..."

@BarrenThin
Earlier when Jason had opened the door Orel had explained his costume. He was dressing up as criminal, something he found very ironic considering his chosen profession. After that Orel had silently followed the girl and Jason.

When Orel heard that coming out of the girl's mouth he coughed. "Remember, always drink responsibly. Back when I was a patrolman I had to deal with this... this kid that was driving drunk. Or what was left of him between the windshield and the dash."

Orel looked was lost in thought for a moment. That was one of his worst memories.

@BarrenThin @Jeremi

Last edited by a moderator:
After making sure Emily found her way to the bathroom, Chandler went into his room and opened his bottom dresser drawer to take out his halloween costume. He unfolded the costume, shook it once, and finally dressed himself in it. The costume had been rather expensive and cost him a lot of his allowance money from the past few months, but it was worth it to Chandler. It was something he really wanted.

After he had finished changing, Chandler exited his room and headed back downstairs to meet up with Emily. "Okay, I'm re--"

The young man cut himself off seeing his step-dad scrambling around in the bathroom and Emily standing there. This was awkward. His parents were usually do busy with their own stuff that they didn't notice if he brought anyone over. This was probably the first time the man had seen Emily.

"Uh, what's going on?" Chandler asked, stepping back with a puzzled expression on his face.

@Jenny @Atomyk @A Wild Sav
Richard's face was still sore from the slap, and it managed to keep him grounded while he looked between Chandler and Emily. He managed to recognize the awkwardness of the situation and the possible implications within that, but his immediate concerns were greater than what his stepson was up to. "Your mother isn't feeling well, so I'm taking her to the hospital." He looked back into the living room briefly, before looking down at himself. Showing up to the hospital in a Halloween costume would be a little embarrassing, but what could he do? "No need to come with us, I don't think it's that serious."

There was no time to change. Richard moved past Emily and into the bathroom, where he grabbed a bottle of Ibuprofen hastily from the medicine cabinet. As he moved back into the hall, he mostly ignored Chandler's friend. "Sorry, no time to meet your friend, have fun Trick-or-Treating!" It was likely that wasn't all they were doing, but Richard wasn't in the right frame of mind for any of that right now. In the living room, he moved to the couch and gently took Ambrosia's hand. "Take two of these and I'll help you outside. You need to be checked out."

@Jenny @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @A Wild Sav

Earlier when Jason had opened the door Orel had explained his costume. He was dressing up as criminal, something he found very ironic considering his chosen profession. After that Orel had silently followed the girl and Jason.

When Orel heard that coming out of the girl's mouth he coughed. "Remember, always drink responsibly. Back when I was a patrolman I had to deal this... this kid that was driving drunk. Or what was left of him between the windshield and the dash."

Orel looked was lost in thought for a moment. That was one of his worst memories.

@BarrenThin @Jeremi
Jason had also explained his. He was an... assassin, of sorts.

He nodded at the recommendation and patted Orel's shoulder awkwardly at the sad story.

@Jeremi
@Thuro Pendragon

Zhang remembered the letter now. It seemed very weird, mysterious, and ominous, so she put it in the back of her mind at the time of reading it. Now that Megumi mentioned the letter though, she felt like they might investigate, or visit, the party.

rush2.jpg

"Perhaps we should visit the party then," she suggested. "It may be where everything about that letter is centered around." She smiled. "And if someone were to win the town, I would like it to be one of us!"

@FireDrake150 @Chris Lang @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Hmm," Megumi said. "Didn't the letter say 'winners'? That means there doesn't need to be just one winner! It could be several of us!"

ranmadres1.png

At the thought of this, Megumi started to get genuinely excited. "So maybe if we all win, we could form some sort of town council or something! We'd all get together and come up with ideas to improve the town and make it a better place. Find out what needs fixing or who needs a new building or something. Or just come up with new ideas for parties or celebrations."

Megumi smiled. "Yeah, it'd be great. Except if we don't win, we'll have to deal with the ideas of whoever does."

"Hmm," Megumi said. "Didn't the letter say 'winners'? That means there doesn't need to be just one winner! It could be several of us!"

ranmadres1.png

At the thought of this, Megumi started to get genuinely excited. "So maybe if we all win, we could form some sort of town council or something! We'd all get together and come up with ideas to improve the town and make it a better place. Find out what needs fixing or who needs a new building or something. Or just come up with new ideas for parties or celebrations."

Megumi smiled. "Yeah, it'd be great. Except if we don't win, we'll have to deal with the ideas of whoever does."

Zhang smiled at Megumi's enthusiasm. "We could all have good ideas for making our town a better one. And, if it were the four of us, I'm sure we would do well." She looked around at the other three. "I don't know much about the process, but it would seem our chances would increase if we all go to the party."

She paused, before walking in the direction of the party location. "Are we all agreed, we shall attend the party?"

@Chris Lang @FireDrake150 @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Richard's face was still sore from the slap, and it managed to keep him grounded while he looked between Chandler and Emily. He managed to recognize the awkwardness of the situation and the possible implications within that, but his immediate concerns were greater than what his stepson was up to. "Your mother isn't feeling well, so I'm taking her to the hospital." He looked back into the living room briefly, before looking down at himself. Showing up to the hospital in a Halloween costume would be a little embarrassing, but what could he do? "No need to come with us, I don't think it's that serious."

There was no time to change. Richard moved past Emily and into the bathroom, where he grabbed a bottle of Ibuprofen hastily from the medicine cabinet. As he moved back into the hall, he mostly ignored Chandler's friend. "Sorry, no time to meet your friend, have fun Trick-or-Treating!" It was likely that wasn't all they were doing, but Richard wasn't in the right frame of mind for any of that right now. In the living room, he moved to the couch and gently took Ambrosia's hand. "Take two of these and I'll help you outside. You need to be checked out."

@Jenny @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @A Wild Sav
@Jenny @A Wild Sav

Before his step-dad even replied, Chandler peeked out of the room and saw his mother's position on the couch. "Um...M-Mom?" Chandler frowned before looking back at his dad, worried for a moment. "Okay, sure. Call me if anything changes," Chandler told him. The man seemed in such a tizzy, however, that he didn't notice Emily or say much of anything else. Sighing, the young man glanced back at Emily. "I guess Mom is sick from the baby. It's fine, we can still go," he told her, stepping past his dad--only taking a moment to notice his costume. He looked at his mom and opened his mouth as if to say something, only to change his mind and quickly shut it again.

Zhang smiled at Megumi's enthusiasm. "We could all have good ideas for making our town a better one. And, if it were the four of us, I'm sure we would do well." She looked around at the other three. "I don't know much about the process, but it would seem our chances would increase if we all go to the party."

She paused, before walking in the direction of the party location. "Are we all agreed, we shall attend the party?"

@Chris Lang @FireDrake150 @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Yeah, I wanna attend this party." Megumi said. "It sounds like the people who came up with the idea are going to be there, so if we want to know just how we vote and how it works, it sounds like we shouldn't miss this one."

"I'm hoping Lola and the gang are gonna be there. But I'm not gonna miss this one now." She turned to the rest of the group. "Okay, let's get going. Not too long now before the party starts."

Emily stayed quiet for the rest of the conversation, letting Chandler and his father sort the rest out themselves. She felt like she had no business with his mother being sick, and at least that way she wouldn't have to have that awkward conversation with the man. It just felt like she wasn't quite ready to let others know about her relationship with Chandler just yet.

She waited for his father to leave, and then turned her head back to Chandler, giving him a soft smile. "... You're looking good" she said to try and change the subject from his parents. "I guess it's some video game thing huh...? I just went for a classic pirate costume myself."

Though as much as she liked talking about costumes and Halloween, she still didn't feel like Chandler was feeling that well yet. After he answered her, she asked again, in a softer and quieter voice: "So what's up...? I know you're upset, I just wanna know why."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @A Wild Sav

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/processed/00147108.zoom.a.jpg]Her costume[/btn]

Hiroshi nods and follows along, Notebook stored, intending to lie low. as A college student of game design, he's not yet exactly well-known to the world, but this town certainatly does know, and he doesn't need all the attention a finished project slated to release during the party will bring if they are to figure out exactly whats going on. "I will attend, but I fear that laying low with me nearby will be harder for you guys to accomplish, since I'm not exactly a face that no one knows in this town." He glances back to the image on his notebook of Fire, and sighs* "The lastest project I have been working on releases during the party, so, Did you want me to stick around once we get there?" he seems lost in thought, rereading the letter.

Ambrosia lifted her head slightly when she heard her son address her, trying to focus on him so that she could provide some sort of reassuring look, but she didn't quite seem able. Instead, it was all she could do to try to give him a smile despite the pain. "Yes, darling..?" she managed to reply, softly. Though, when Richard returned with the Ibuprofen, her attention was turned away.

Gratefully, she accepted the offered medicine, taking it quietly. "Thank you, l-love..." Despite the fact her head was swimming, Ambrosia managed to weakly shake her head at the statement, though the movement caused her to wince. "G-gah... I-I'll be f-fine," she stammered weakly, still seeming unable to meet Richard's gaze. "You.." there was a brief pause, and she seemed to be faltering for words. "..Y-you should get some.. i-ice.."

It seemed that, despite the immense pain she was undergoing, Richard was somehow still her priority. Well... Him, and Chandler. His hesitation didn't go unnoticed; nor did the presence of the girl with him. Her features softened slightly, though it was hard to tell with the way pain painted her features, and she tried to put on a smile. "Y-you both l-look l-lovely, tonight..." she managed, sincerely. "May I ask w-who..- agh... -your friend is..?"

Hooray for awkward mothers in pain. :)

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jenny

Bubba would listen in on the conversation and let out a slightly distressed moan at the mention of the party. Ever since the Christmas party, Bubba wished to be wary of going to such events if his 'rival' was going to be there, Bubba doesnt want to hurt anyone but he fears he will if Discord provokes him. Then again, Bubba didnt want to ruin the night for Megumi, Zhang and Hiroshi. He simply nodded to the ideas and followed behind the group, stomping along. As they walked ahead of him, Bubba would groan but inbetween his moan, he would say this..

"d.. .. . .. i .. .. .. ... .. s .. .... c. .. .. .. o .. .. r ... d"

@Chris Lang
@Mari
@FireDrake150

Hiroshi nods and follows along, Notebook stored, intending to lie low. as A college student of game design, he's not yet exactly well-known to the world, but this town certainatly does know, and he doesn't need all the attention a finished project slated to release during the party will bring if they are to figure out exactly whats going on. "I will attend, but I fear that laying low with me nearby will be harder for you guys to accomplish, since I'm not exactly a face that no one knows in this town." He glances back to the image on his notebook of Fire, and sighs* "The lastest project I have been working on releases during the party, so, Did you want me to stick around once we get there?" he seems lost in thought, rereading the letter.
Megumi giggled. "We'd be glad to have you on the town council if we were to win this game or whatever, but that doesn't mean you have to hang around with us the entire party. You can do your own thing and meet up with us later, you know. And if you miss anything, we'll let you know, okay?"

@Mari @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Bubba would listen in on the conversation and let out a slightly distressed moan at the mention of the party. Ever since the Christmas party, Bubba wished to be wary of going to such events if his 'rival' was going to be there, Bubba doesnt want to hurt anyone but he fears he will if Discord provokes him. Then again, Bubba didnt want to ruin the night for Megumi, Zhang and Hiroshi. He simply nodded to the ideas and followed behind the group, stomping along. As they walked ahead of him, Bubba would groan but inbetween his moan, he would say this..

"d.. .. . .. i .. .. .. ... .. s .. .... c. .. .. .. o .. .. r ... d"
"Discord?" Megumi asked. "I'm sure he's going to be there. I don't know much about him other than that he's the mayor and he has this weird sense of humor. Maybe he just became bored with being mayor, so that's why he's going to give the town to whoever wins this contest."

"Anyway, I'm sure you'd be great for the council. You roam around the town all the time so you know it really well."

Megumi continued forward, briefly taking out a mirror and adjusting her hair. She knew she needed to look her best if she was going to be at the same party that the town authorities were hosting.

After she was satisfied, she continued the walk with her companions.

"Yeah... Anyways, we should probably get going." Jason looked over the woman and pinched his arm to help himself remember that he was married.

@Jeremi
@Thuro Pendragon
"Right. Well... you have a lovely home ma'am. Thank you for having us."

Orel stepped outside. The cold air felt good on his skin. Sometimes it felt he was disconnected from his senses, like he was looking through everything threw a screen of glass. But the moments were rare and usually passed soon.

The trip to the party was uneventful thankfully, there were no klutzy kids tripping like ninja kittens (wait, what?) this time. As they passed the threshold something Orel looked for Bubba. It looked like he wasn't here. That was too bad. He had wanted to talk to him about new firearm regulations that had been put into effect since the previous year.

@BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.