I'll never be part of your world (The Returner and Redblood)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
He saw it coming yet didn't try to stop Anna. However, at the moment of the slap everything around him went black and Damien consciousness transfered several years back in time.

Someone was screaming. It was a high-pitched noise. A girl. Damien's younger version was feeling exhausted. He was beatened up, bleeding. Yet he was still fighting. His opponent was older and way stronger but Damien's conviction gave him the power not to give up. The screaming stopped and Damien looked over his shoulder just to see that his friend passed out.

Anna,
he though but at the moment a strong power threw him several feet away. The blow would kill a human and really weaken a vampire child. However, Damien was determined and didn't want to lose....to lose his best friend. With the last eneregy that he found within his limbs, Damien got up, ran to his opponent whose back faced him now. Damien jumped on the man and sinked his fangs into the man's neck. He felt so bad. Right now, he was being a cannibal. Drinking blood of a vampire was forbidden yet there was no other way. Damien's opponent took some time before he collapsed dead on the ground. Damien fell of the man's back and crawled towards Anna. He felt like vomiting. The taste of blood in his mouth was so disgusting but Damien held his needs.

"Wake up, Anna," he whispered when he got to his friend and gently shook her body. He had to do it few more times before Anna woke up. Her eyes immediately widened with fear. No wonder, Damien's face was covered with blood, especially the part around his mouth. She screamed again and slapped him.

Damien returned to the reality. His head was inclined to one side and several students were looking at him. What has just happend? It took Damien some time to remember that he was actually slapped in real as well. However, he didn't pay attention to it. His mind was filled with other questions and facts.

So it is true. She is...
Damien's eyes shifted and he was looking at Anna. His expression was confused yet for another reason than everyone might think. Being speechless, Damien wasn't able to say a word. He was just staring at the girl in front of him. Most of the things made sense now even though there were some facts that were still confusing. As he had the flashback, Damien didn't hear what Anna asked him so in his eyes he didn't have to talk.

"Fine, if you don't want to tell me then don't, I don't care. I just got attacked by some weird guy, hearing people growling, seeing them moving way faster than a human can, being stronger than a human, making wounds disappearing but I will just forgett about it because there is nothing weird about it." Her voice had gotten more quiet but it was still an angry tension in her voice. She turned away from him "You don't need to talk to me again if you are going to keep lying" She told him coldly and started to walk.

Why had she said that? She wanted to talk to him, couldn't she just let this go and pretend it didn't happen? No, because it did happen. But how could she say that to Damien, he had saved her. Well he could also have attacked her, she hadn't seen anyone before she woke up in his room. She had heard and felt things but the dark had hindered her from seeing what happend, if Damien was hiding something then she couldn't be certain what role he had played. No, he wouldn't have attacked her, she knew that, she was just angry now.

As Anna started to walk away, it took Damien some time to notice that. No, he thought and ran up to Anna. His limbs were not controled by his mind but by his feelings. He gently gripped her wrist and turned her around. With his free hand, he put his palm on her cheek but didn't leave it there for long before he ran his fingers through her hair. He was still speechless yet his expression showed what he was feeling. It was something between delight and releif. Without words he pulled Anna to embrace her. Resting his forehead on the top of Anna's head, Damien finally spoke.

"There are secrets I couldn't tell you before and I still don't know if I should tell you now. Actually, I don't remember whether I told you or not," for Anna it was probably like talking of a mad person. It couldn't make sense to her unless she would share his memories. Damien, still embracing Anna, straightened up and lifted up Anna's face. "But I will always try to make you feel safe," the part he didn't mention was that he would do it even if it meant to sacrifice his life. He did it once before and he would do it again for the only true friend he had.

Anna got stunned by Damiens reaction, what was he doing? Suddenly embracing her like that? She tried to make him let go, she was angry at him. Wait why wasn't she trying to pull away? Anna found herself not trying to get out of Damiens grip, though in her mind she told herself to just go away, but at the same time another part of her told her to stay were she was. He rested his forehead on her head, she should pull back, but why didn't she?

He suddenly spoke, wait, what? What he was saying didn't make any sense at all, did she give him a brain concussion when she slapped him? It wasn't that hard was it?
"Are you okay? Did you hurt your head when I hit you?" She asked taking his head between her hands and moving it to see so he didn't have any swellings or wounds in the head. "I think you have slept to litle, maybe you should take a rest" her anger had completely disappeard, now she was mostly worried. Why did he talk so weird all of a sudden?

Damien let her to examine his head with a slight smile on his face. The feeling of knowing what was bothering him since he saw her made him feel light. The thought of falling in love didn't cross his mind that day not even all those years back when Anna and he were friends. Real best friends.
"No, my head is alright. Don't worry, you would have to hit me harder to make any serious damage," he said and let go off Anna. He looked around and all those unbeleiving gazes made Damien realized what he did. If he were younger, he would get red but now, he didn't care. More important thing was whether vampires considered Anna as his pairing or not. After this they might and that would make things much easier. However, he knew that this was only his hope which wouldn't come true.

"So why are you acting so weird, saying things that doesn't make sense." She asked, still thinking that he had hurt his head somehow but then she froze. "Maybe.." She mumbled "You are trying to make up stuff so I wont be angry at you, you are so low. If you're not going to tell me what happend then don't but stop making things up just to get away with it." She said a bit angry but not as before. She put her arms across her chest looking disappointed at him.

"Why can't you tell me the truth about what happend yesterday? Why do you keep trying to get away from the topic with bad excuses?" She couldn't let this matter go, she needed to know.

Damien sighed. She was more suspicious than he would expect. But he liked how diligent she was just as well. Putting his hands in his pockets once more, Damien made a decision that might have been good or bad. It all depended on how Isabel, not Anna, would react.

"Fistly, I would never ever lie about protecting someone. Secondly, I can't tell you the truth in public," Damien whispered the second sentence so that only Anna could have heard. "If you'll meet me by the small theatre tonight I will show you what I am hiding." Promising such a thing could be dangerous but Damien was willing to risk it. The only thing he had to do before the gathering was to talk to Isabel. He knew in advance that she would be unhappy about his idea.

Anna listened to Damien, she wasn't that happy about needing to wait untill tonight. Maybe he would try to get off the hook and make up something. Well it didn't seem like she had a choice, he wouldn't tell her now so it was just to wait.
"Okay, tonight. But don't make up another lie again." She didn't think he would do it again but she needed to make sure. "I need to go and eat before my next lesson, I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday" She said when she heard her stomach complain. She just hoped it wasn't loud enough for Damien to hear it.

Damien nodded, pleased with the outcome. Now, where was Isabel? Damien lifted his gaze and looked around but couldn't see any sign of her. Well, he guessed that he would have to find her. Sooner or later, he would have to talk to her anyway.

"I am not surprised that you have to eat...after sleeping for half day," Damien replied, hinting that he knew that Anna overslept her lessons. It might made her feel being stalked but she would have to get used to it. After tonight, she was going to be watched...for her own protection.

(This post sucks but I was being distracted >.> Sorry)

Anna stopped breathing for half a minute, how did he know that? She was certain that they didn't have the same lessons in the morning so there's no way he should know that she didn't come to her lessons, and how did he know she oversleept and not just skipped the classes?
"How did you know that?" She asked him, ignoring her growling stomach.

(Srry for the shortness T-T)

Damien didn't smile even though he wanted to. He knew that if he would smile Anna's mind might come up with something...bad. He looked around for any sign of Isabel but still couldn't see her. Shrugging for himself, Damien replied to Anna's question.

"In this school, you get to know everything about everyone if you know where and when to listen. However, I haven't been stalking on you," he told her and his words were true. After few more moments he apologized to Anna that he had to leave and bid her goodbye.

Isabel is going to rip my head of, he thought as he went into the hall. Yes, he could ask Mrs. Bowler, the receptionist, whether she had seen Isabel or not. It was more likely that she did because the receptionist always knew where each student was. Damien never found out how she did it and to be honest, he even didn't want to.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bowler," Damien showed his usual attittude towards this woman. He was always charming when talking to her. Knowing that Mrs. Bowler wouldn't give in to his smile, it became their little game. He asked her about Isabel but before the receptionist could reply, Damien heard from behind his back.

"You idiot!" Isabel hissed in his ear. Damien straightened up so quickly then he nearly hit Isabel in a nose by the crown of his head.

"You heard me?" Damien asked a little bit nervous. Isabel regarded him with furious look. On the basis of her reaction, Damien knew that she did hear his proposal to Anna. After all, it wasn't a surprise because vampires had better hearing than humans and other animals.

"Let me explain it," he said, touched Isabel's arm and gave her a slight smile. Now he was trying to use his charisma on Isabel. She succumbed once in the past. Knowing what Damien was trying, Isabel was doing her best to resist. However, after few minutes she shook her head and the two of them left the hall together.

Once the sun set down and everything dove in black, vampires of the Valor's Academy were just leaving the Small Theatre in the third floor. The gathering was unexpected and even if it wasn't compulsory to attend, most of the vampires would come just out of curiousity. Damien was standing in front of the door, saying goodbye to everyone but mostly looking out for Anna. Instead of Anna, Gabriel grabbed him by his arm and pulled him aside. His face was still but his eyes were furious.

"Whatever you ittend to do, is not going to work out. You are weak Damien. You ARE going to lose so stop fighting against it," Gabriel told him evenly then left him behind, disappearing behind a corner. Damien held his anger and was happy that the gathering was over for good. It was the worst part of the day that lasted for several hours. Damien could feel how vampires parted into three camps. Those who wereloyal to Damien; those who were loyal to Gabriel; and the rest that wasn't sure were to go. The whole situation was getting more dangerous because Gabriel's camp consisted of more vampires.

"He might have a point," Isabel whispered and stood next to him. That was the last drop he needed.

"Thank you so much, Isabel. You really are a big support. Go and help him win if you are that clever!" Damien's voice was frustrated. Turning his back on Isabel, Damien looked into the corridor. Almost everyone was out of sight by that time. Suddenly, he felt as Isabel was hugging him.

"I am sorry. It's just that you are putting yourself in a great danger," she apologized and Damien accepted it. He wa still pleased that Isabel cared for him so much. At least as much as he cared for her. Hugging her back, Damien kissed the top of her head and then let her go. Isabel smiled at him and brushed his cheek before turning around and leaving as the rest did. Damien remained alone, waiting for Anna.

Anna took her leave when Damien excused himself. Why had he said that he hadn't stalked her? She never said that she thought he had. Suspicious. Well she would put that aside for now, her stomach would kill her if she didn't feed it soon. She went in to the cafeteria, or the big harry potter like hall and sat down to eat. After just a couple of minutes she noticed someone sitting down in front of her.

"Hey there." The guy said, it was the same guy that she had met on her first PE lesson. She got a bit surprised that he talked to her, not because he had a reason not to. "Hey" She replied with a smile then remembering a thing "ehm.. I don't think a got to hear your name last time, I'm Anna" She said and reached out her hand. He smiled and shoke her hand, "I'm Michael." After that they sat and chatter untill the next lesson started.

After the lessons was over and the sun had since long been down Anna hurried to the small theatre as Damien had instructed. She saw him outside and waved to him, hoping he was done with the lying now.

Damien smiled and let Anna come closer. He was getting a little bit nervous but he accepted it as a challange as well. Taking a deep breath in, Damien put all his useful thoughts together.

"Hi Anna," he said and his smile widened for a little while before his face became even again. "I know it is a little bit late but I promise I will try to make all the explaining as fast as possible. I hope that whatever I tell you, will help you understand what is happening at this school," another deep breath. I am dead once the principal will find out, he thought but there was no way back now.

"You can leave now but once I start there will be no way back. You will not be allowed to tell anyone what you've heard or seen," he warned her. Oh world, how dramatic this sounded. How...pathetic. It was all like a cliche.

"Hi Damien" Anna said and smiled back, then stopped in front of him. She listened as he explained the situation, it sounded so dramatic, what could the secret be to make him like that? She thought for a moment, would it really be better for her to hear this or was it better if she just walked away now? But she would just get irritated on herself if she turned away after getting this far.

"I understand" She said and prepared herself for whatever would come.

Damien nodded again. However, his nervousness didn't subside. He had never done that before and the fact that he was doing so without taking Anna as his pairing put both of them in danger. If the principal would find out there were two possibilities that could happen: first, Damien would be expeled and Anna given to the blood bank; or, if luck would be on their side, Anna would be assigned to Damien as a pairing. But principal was cruel and strict. Damien swallowed and opened the door for Anna. The room where they appeared looked like that:

theatrebymisspretty.jpg

Damien led the way to the stage where a presidental desk was still standing. During those hours of the gathering Damien and Gabriel exchanged their places there several times. However, there was a normal desk with few chairs as well. Damien went over there. The piano was gone. Damien sat down and waited for Anna to do the same. The moment had come and Damien didn't know how to start. Playing games with Anna wasn't a good idea. Being straightforward with her would be good but who knows how she would react when he would tell her about vampires.

"I am not what I pretend to be," Damien started and shifted in his place. "Half of the students do the same. We all are..." Damien had to stop. Should he really say vampires? Scratching his forehead, Damien tried to continue. "This will sound crazy, but we are completely different race. Remember as I told you about the painting in the corridor that leads toward the Dining Hall. I mentioned Vlad who is believed to be the most important vampire in the history." He was talking trash but it felt good for him. "Vlad was a vampire. He bit the lady on the painting and she established this academy trying to bring our race and your race into a harmony," Damien took in a deep breath. "However, it doesn't work as well as she would wish."

Anna followed Damien down to the desk, as he sat down she did the same. She noticed he had a problem with starting to talk, but she waited patiently. Then he started, he wasn't what he pretends to be? What did he mean by that? And half the school to? He stopped. He looked really out of place as he sat and tried to explain. Anna almost wanted to say 'if you don't want to talk about it then don't' but her curiosity made her wait for the answer she wanted. She nodded as he reminded her of the painting of Vlad, that painting had interested her a lot and she had gone to the library to read about it.

Then he said it. Vampire? What nonsense whas he saying, why was he so serious when he was joking with her? How could he think she would ever believe something like that. But still, the way he looked. Why would he lie? In her confusion she suddenly started to laugh, "Okay Damien, you got me, I almost believed you there for a second." She pulled herself together "Common, seriously, a school full of vampires? That would be a good story to tell kids" She continued. She hoped he would stop this and tell her what was going on.

He ignored her laughter. What else could he expect? Of course, it was hard to understand. After all, her reaction was the same now as it was few years ago when he told her for the first time. Actually, did he tell her? He wasn't sure at all but he bet that if he did tell her then, her reaction was the same as now. No matter, how ridiculous he must have sounded, Damien carried on.

"Actually, not the whole school. There are 250 vampires and 250 humans. For each vampire there is one human. In the beginning, we were suppose to teach humans about our culture, habits. But then Miss Valor disappeared and new principal took a hold of this school and everything has changed," there was a sad shadow on Damien's face. As if he experienced the change.

"Those hissing sounds and growls that you've heard in the library, they were real. As well as, the word vampire you heard," Damien suddenly felt open. He wanted to tell her everything. After all, it was probably the first time he was telling about this to someone and he trusted Anna. But he wouldn't tell her until she would ask. Damien had to be 'poked' to talk.

Anna didn't laugh, why did he continue when she already had told him that she knew it was a joke. She got an uneacy feeling about it, vampire? It couldn't be real, could it? When he talked about the library incident, then she knew that he didn't joke, he wouldn't joke about that. She didn't look at him anymore, she tried to hold her gaze in to the table. What was this? Had she gotten in to a bad movie or something? She looked up at him again.

"So, what did change when the principal disappeared?" She asked, she didn't know how to react to any of this, it was so absurd. "How did he disappear?" She continue. Why did she even ask? This couldn't be real, this was just a joke, or a dream. Why was she suddenly taking it so seriously? Even though those thoughts was screaming in her head, she couldn't help but believe in Damien. He had saved her, he promised he wouldn't lie, and she couldn't come up with a better explanation to what had happened in the library. But still, it was insane, this kind of things just happend on television and in books. Not in a school.

After all, she became serious. His words were heard and that made him pleased. A slight smile appeared on his face even though Anna was just asking something. He was paying attenttion but had to think for a while. He wasn't sure himself. Actually, noone in the whole school was sure how that happened.

"Well, Miss Valor was a woman. Nobody knows how she disappeared. There are several theories but whenever anyone tried to investigate the matter, it never led to pleasant conclusion and never ever before anyone was sure about the trustworthiness of the information," moreover, Damien was trying to find out himself. But he didn't like how things turned out sometimes. And yes, it was dangerous because revealing some secrets could cost you life.

"As for the new principal," Damien looked around and tried to sense anyone else. Talking about principal in a bad way, was your ticket for the worst punishment. "He has his ways of dealing with things. He is strict, which is ok. However, when he took over, he made a new rule. As a pure vampire, he considers humans as an inferior race. The system of assigning human to vampire stayed the same. However, the new system determines that humans will only serve as a source of...food...for a vampire that the human is assigned to," Damien's unease got into his voice. This was the most delicate topic in the whole school and Damien felt weird sharing it with a human.

Anna couldn't do anything else than starring at Damien, food. They were eating of the students? unconsciously she moved her hand up to her throat, while the other was covering her mouth in a desperate attempt to not let herself make any weird sounds. She didn't really trust her own mouth because she had gotten in a bit of a shock. She forced herself to pull herself together.

"They... drink the students.. blod?" It barely got out as a whisper, "have you..." She couldn't finnish the sentence, if he was a vampire, then he must have drinked human blood before. Maybe even the students here. But it still didn't feel like Damien, the one that had rescued her the other night, could do something like that. But he wouldn't be able to live if he didn't, would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.