I'll never be part of your world (The Returner and Redblood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god! She was so shocked! Damien's anger only grew within him yet he didn't want to leave Anna and chase after Gabriel. Once more Damien pulled Anna into a close embrace before he started to walk. As he turned around, he noticed Isabel with her eyes worried. Damien shook his head but as he was passing her by he told her quickly to gather vampires by tomorrows late afternoon that there had been serious offence against the rules. Isabel nodded and left in the other direction. Yes, Damien planned to announce what Gabriel did even though he knew that such an act was going to be difficult and might stir up rebelions.

The way to his room didn't take long and soon enough Damien was trying to make Anna sit down. "I need to look at your wound," he was repeating to her, still talking in calm, comforting tone of voice. He was gently manoeuvring Anna, not to hurt her or scare her. His own wounds stung but he paid them no attention.

Anna felt how Damien pulled her close to him again, she didn't mind, actually she hoped she could stay in his arms forever. She felt how he started to walk and wasn't sure where they were going, she was certain he had said something about it but she couldn't remember. It was so long ago it had been said, or was it just a moment ago? The time felt so strange, it felt like a thousend years had passed but still just seconds. Then he stopped, Anna couldn't hear clearly but, wasn't he talking to someone? What did he say? She heard a few words, something about rules and gathering, did she also hear vampire? No it must be something else, she must have heard the wrong thing.

She felt how the hands around her tried to make her do something, was he trying to make her sit down? She followed the directions they were leading here to and sat down. Where was she now? She tried to see something but the fog was to thick, she had her eyes open hadn't she? Then she saw Damiens face, he was right in front of her. He was saying something to her, but what? She could hear his voice calm and comforting, but the words were a mess, what did they mean?

He repeated the words again, this time she could make out something about wounds. What wounds? Was he hurtened? Once again he repeated the words and she heard what he said. Was she hurtened? She didn't remember, how had she gotten hurtened? The fog started to disappear bit for bit, she could see a room she didn't recognise. Where was it? The thoughts of the room fast disappeard when she saw Damiens face again, her shakings had almost disappeard now, she lifted her hand to his cheek.
"Did he hurt you?" She asked barely noticing the pain in her elbow, if he had been hurtened then it would have been her fault.

The releive that Damien felt when Anna spoke was immense. After all, she wasn't that shocked that she would need professional medic to examine her. A slight smile changed his expression from worried to pleased. Ignoring the pain in his cheek where he was scratched, Damien shook his head.

"I can survive," he replied and took her wrist so that he would have a better view at her elbow. "But I will take care of you first," he added and as he prepared all the stuff before it didn't take him long to clean her wound and bandaged it. However, Damien wouldn't talk about what has happened until Anna would start herself. Maybe she couldn't even remember what has happened so Damien didn't want to awaken bad memories in her mind. The whole process of healing didn't take long because Damien was working quickly yet gently. Or at least, he tried to work as fast as he could with his biten shoulder.

"Here...you're done," he said as he finished and lightly brushed the skin under the gauze.

Anna looked as he worked with cleaning her wounds and putting on bandage. She wanted to say something to get this silence away, or was it silent? Maybe he was speaking again but she couldn't hear it. The pain from her wound somehow managed to wake her up as Damien was putting the bandage on her arm.

Here... you're done he told her, now she could hear him clearly. She wasn't certain what was done, and she really didn't care. She had noticed something that was more important than that right now.
"Your shoulder, what happend?" She half yelled when she saw what looked like a bite mark on his shoulder. She almost flew up from the chair he had put her on, "You need to get to a doctor with this, it could get infected."

Damien looked a little bit surprised by Anna's next reaction. It was like he was biten by a snake. "Do you mean there?" he asked her and put his hand over his wound and when he revealed the place again there were no more biten marks. Yes, he had to heal it otherwise Anna would start asking. Like that he could still tell her that she was shocked and probably imagined the wound. And the torn uniform? Well, it happened during the fight, those uniforms were never of a good quality.

Then he stood up and went over to the tall mirror he had in the room. He looked at his face. Could he fake that scratch as well? No, that one was too obvious. There were no shadows to cover the wound. Nothing he would use as a guise. Taking a handkerchief out of his pocket, Damien wiped the blood of his cheek but didn't heal the wound itself.

"How do you feel?" he asked a moment later and turned to look at Anna. The light was on because Damien switched it when he entered the room. In the gleam, Damien could examine Anna, by his eyes, for any further injury.

Anna looked at the place where Damien had held his hand, the wound was gone. She shoke her head, it was a wound there, she was certain of it, but now it was... Why? How do you feel he asked her, she looked at him a bit shoked still thinking about his wound.
"I'm fine" She said but first afterwards noticing what a lie it was, but she wouldn't confess it to him. "How did that wound disappear?" She wouldn't let it go, she didn't know how but she was certain that it had been a weird looking bite mark there. "You had a bite mark on your shoulder, and what was those noises in the library, it sounded like animals fighting"

It was first now that she started to remember what happend in the library, she didn't think about what had happend before Damien had entered the room, her memories was stuck on what happend during the fight. Even though she didn't saw it and was in shock during the time she was certain that those animal like sounds was real, and she wouldn't let Damien off of this before he told her.

Damien shook his head and went over to his desk. Leaning against it, Damien crossed his arms on his chest and shook his head once more.
"There was no bite mark on my shoulder," he said benignly and a soft smile appeared on his face. However, deep inside him he was a little bit worried. How much did Anna remember? How much was she willing to forget or let go? He wasn't sure which was the reason why he was sort of scared. She might ask him too much questions and at some point he would get annoyed enough that he would tell her something.

"Animal noises in the library? What do you mean?" Damien completely forgot that he was hissing. Yes, he remembered that due to his anger he growled but apart from that any other noise subsided and came out completely unknowingly.

Anna got a bit angry that he didn't tell her, she knew what she had heard. Wait, hadn't he said something about vampire to someone? No she must have made that up in her head. But still, that felt as real as the animal noises in the library.
"It sounded like animals in the library after you had entered the room, hissing and growling and... and.. stop looking at me like you think I have gone mad, I know what I heard" Anna said mostly angry now, why didn't he tell her? "Fine, If you don't want to tell me then I'll just go back to my room" She said and walked towards the door.

"I growled because I was angry as hell, if you wanna know," he called after her but didn't make any move to follow her out of the door. Basically, this was the best thing Anna could have done. Leave and let it all be. No explaining, no lying. Damien smiled for himself a little bit. For now, his whole situation was saved. Tomorrow he would go to the gathering and tear Gabriel apart. Not really but verbally. And if Anna would bring up the topic again? Damien would think of good put-offs.

Anna angrily went threw the corridor muttering, he growled like that? Yeah right, that wasn't a sound a human could have made. Couldn't he just tell her what happend? She didn't slow her steps down before she had come to her room, she would just need to talk to him sometime tomorrow, she knew she wouldn't be able to get anywhere tonight. And maybe it was better if she thought about what had happend before trying to talk about it.

She sat down on her bed, starring in to the wall. She tried to recollect all of the memories from the library, but some of the things was still lost in the fog. What disturbed her the most wasn't the loss of some few memories, but the things that she actually remembered. Wasn't Damien moving to fast? It wasn't just as it felt, she was certain the fight had been over way to fast to count as a fight but how could Damien get hurtened if they barely had any fight? And how could they have made all those animal like growlings? She would certanly not let this go.

After some time she couldn't help it, without noticing it she fell asleep.

She didn't come back which Damien expected. Why would she after all? She had been through so much tonight. However, slight knock resounded after few minutes.
"Who's there?" Damien asked suspiciously, but when he heard Isabel's voice, he let her in. She was worried that was obvious and Damien didn't blame her. Isabel understood how serious this all got and how dangerous Gabriel became. They had to eliminate him before a real disaster would happen. The two of them spent the rest of the night plotting against Damien's rival as well as thinking of Anna. They both agreed on some kind of protection for her because she became demanded amongst the vampires. At least one third of them wanted to pair with her and that put her in danger of an unexpected attack because some vampires were impatient.

In the morning, Damien didn't have to hurry anywhere because his day was more free than the one before. Actually, he had just two lessons in the morning and none in the afternoon. After he underwent both of the lectures and another meeting with Isabel, Damien went to the garden all alone. He had to think again about tonight's gathering. How much would he have to be impressive and persuasive to convince the others to ban Gabriel out of the school? If he were a human he would get headache. But as for a vampire, he just felt miserable.

Anna woke up when she felt someone breathing in her neck, she turned around and saw Damien. What was he doing in her room? Before she got the chance to ask him he kissed her passionately. What was going on? She tried to move but couldn't, Damien grinned and started to kiss her down the throat. Then she felt a sting, had he bitten her? She felt her blood flowing but it was weird, was he sucking out blood. As Damien rose his head she saw that it wasn't Damien anymore. It was the guy from the theater room. He grinned as Anna tried to get away from him but couldn't, then he put down his fangs in her throat again.

Anna opend her eyes, she was laying on the floor. Had she fell out of the bed when she was dreaming? She rose up and looked at the watch. It was half past eleven, she had missed all her morning classes. She sighted loudly and angrily, it was her second school day and she had already missed a lot, how could this happen?

After changing clothes she rushed down, she didn't feel like eating anything so she just skipped breakfast and lunch. She didn't know what to do before her next class so she decided to go to the garden, she didn't think at all on the things that had happend the day before. As she went down to the garden she didn't notice Damien at first because she had her eyes looking in to the ground. But when she had come a bit in to the garden she looked up and saw Damien standing there. What should she say? It seemed like he was thinking about something, he hadn't noticed her yet.

She decided to test if she could scare him, she went up behind him and blowed him in the neck, it often made her friends at her last school a bit scared, maybe it would work on him to.

Damien was going through his speech again and making it better. However, often his mind returned to the scene when he first saw Gabriel nearly raping Anna. At such a thought his expression stiffened with disgust and anger. Anna tried to scare him exactly at that moment which was the worst timing she could have chosen. Once he felt the breeze on his nape, he hissed silently which could have been exchanged for a sharp exhalation. Turning around, his eyes were narrowed and his lips were drawn back a little bit. If he wouldn't recognized Anna the moment he saw her, he would probably grab her neck and squeezed. Like that, his expression changed into surprised. Was it her who did it? Probably yes, because there was noone else behind him.

"Oh, it's you," he breathed out and straightened up. His face eased and he put his hands into his pockets. Being embarassed by his reaction, Damien turned around so that his back faced Anna.

Anna got surprised of the hissing sound she heard, and the eyes that met her when Damien turned around. They fast changed normal again. She looked at him as he turned around so his back face her. Anna tried to think about what she were about to say to him once she had scared him, but those words was now stuck in here throat. What was with his expression? She had never seen a person react like that.

"Oy, tell me what happend in the library yesterday, because in my head nothing of what happend makes sence." She started trying to put what just happend aside. "When you fought with that guy it was over so fast, the damage that became of that fight shouldn't have been possible. And how could your wound disappear so fast? I know that you had a bite mark, you can't keep secrets when I have gotten involved in something I don't understand." She didn't say it angrily, it was more like the tone in her voice begged for him to tell her something. Anna looked down in the ground waiting for a reply.

Damien didn't turn around yet his sigh could have been heard clearly. So here we go, Damien thought knowing that now he wouldn't be able to escape as easily as yesterday.
"You were shocked yesterday. The fight lasted longer than you think," he said. Yes, it was logic and acceptable. "And I still don't know what wound you're talking about. There was nothing on my shoulder," he added, shook his head and turned around, looking down at Anna. She looked so different. Damien couldn't find words how to describe the feeling he got from that posture of hers.
"As I said Anna, you were shocked and your brain was playing games with you."

Anna looked up at him, "Is that so? So all the hissing, the growling was also my mind playing a trick on me. In that case I guess it keeps playing a trick on me now when you hissed. What are you hiding? Do you think I'm so stupid that I will pretend that nothing happend?" She narrowed him with her angry gaze, why couldn't he just tell her already? She felt itching in her fingertips, she really felt like hitting him for thinking so lowly about her, but she hindered herself from doing so.

She glarred at him waiting to hear something that would stop her from doing something stupid and maybe satisfy her curiousity.

Damien sighed again. "I have never said you're stupid nor do I think that about you. You are just overreacting now," he started but it didn't take him long before he continued, explaining the sounds she pointed out. "As for those animal sounds. Yes, I growled because I was angry and I didn't know how else I could externalize my frustration. As for the hissing few seconds ago, it is not that hard to do it. It is just sharp exhaling. If you practise, you can do it just as I do."

As Damien was explaining few students looked at them. They probably looked like an arguing couple. Such a thought made Damien feel in different ways. Somehow pleased for the part of being couple, however he was not feeling comfortable for arguing. Wait...did he feel pleased with the thought of Anna as his partner? No way! He wasn't supposse to become another vampire demanding for Anna's blood. That would be so...how? Weird? No, he drank blood since he was born. Tasty? Maybe. Yesterday, as he was healing Anna's wound he got to smell her blood. It was so sweet as he remembered now. Suddenly, hunger for Anna's life-giving liquid grew. The memory of the smell was so tempting. Damien swallowed and returned back to the reality, resisting the urge.

She felt how her arm shoke a bit when the urge to slap him arouse in her, she held it back. She couldn't slap him because she was angry of something that actually sounded logical. But she couldn't accept that story, she still felt like something was weird. She suddenly remembered his talk with someone, he had said the word vampire. She wasn't certain if that was something her mind had made up or not, she just had to judge from his reaction instead of his words.

She looked him deep in the eyes when she asked him "What was the talk you had with someone when you walked with me to your room? I'm certain you said something about vampire, what was that about?" Just as she finnished she remembered a thing about the guy that had attacked. "And how come you hit the guy down so easily? I hitted him in places which should have made anyone at least let go for a moment, when I hit him in the head that should have given him brain damages and still he didn't wager at all. It doesn't make sense that you could beat him so easily, I know it went to fast"

Holy cat under the fern, Damien cursed to himself when Anna mentioned his conversation with Isabel. He tried to hide all his emotions inside him but some escaped for a second. It was surprise and shock. However, Damien got even those feelings under control hoping that Anna didn't notice anything.

"A vampire?" that was the first word he could say and he underlined it with tones as incredulity and surprise to mask the reality. However, his voice was firm as well. "No, I haven't met anyone when I took you from the library. That was probably a trick of your mind," he said and then he focused on the topic of the fight trying to come up with something reasonable again. "Well, as I told you. The fight took longer than you think and I am way stronger than you are," after all, the second part was true.

Anna couldn't ignore the growing feelings inside her any longer, she had seen his eyes waver even though it was just a second. Even though he acted good she was certain he was laying, the shock in his eyes had given it away. There was something he didn't tell her. She lifted her hand and slapped him as hard as she could. Her hand hurt a bit but she didn't care about it.
"To be stronger is one thing but any human would have moved from a hit towards the temple." She was screaming to him, she was right, a human would have gotten severe damages if he or she got hit to hard there so why didn't that guy?

"If you had said that you didn't say anything about vampires then I would have believed you but that you lied and said you didn't met anyone, I heard you talking to someone but I don't know what you talked about. I just heard some words that got mixed up in my head. What are you hiding?" She had stepped back some steps, she was disappointed that he didn't want to tell her. She had been pulled in to something she didn't know about and now she wouldn't even get to know what? She wouldn't accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.