I'll never be part of your world (The Returner and Redblood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien nodded and looked towards the room. "When you find out, come to my room, I will be there. I hope you have a nice day or night, until then," he added and took his leave. What was it about him that didn't mind treating Victoria somewhat coldly and with distance? In the past, he would have been more friendly but in that moment it was as if he tried to push her away before even taking the chance of getting close. He was still confused but hoped...wished that his mind would clear soon.

Christian was standing in the study room, looking like he was doing something on the computer but through the window he was watching Victoria, a girl he didn't know, and Gabriel talking about something. There was something about the vampire girl that Christian didn't like, something dangerous. Not dangerous in the sense that it would cost him his life, but in the sense that he might lose his footing if he lets her to manipulate Damien for too long. He eye witnessed all of their conversation up until the end, when Damien took his leave. Maybe he could go and talk to the girl now, maybe he could wait and guess her other move. It was a hard decision but at the end, he got up and decided to go to the garden. As he went to the great hall, Damien passed him by not even noticing his presence. The leader looked very preoccupied lately. What were his thought? Did something happen to him during the torture? Mind set alteration maybe?

FOCUS! Shouted one of the voices and it made Christian leave all the wondering thoughts behind but as he looked around he tried to remember what he wanted to do initially. Oh yes, he wanted to go to the garden.

Victoria gave him a bright smile and made a small goodbye wave with her hand. But as fast as his back was towards her and she herself had turned around to go her own way, her smile disappeared and her gaze became filled with thoughts. Damien was changed, and it would take some time for her to learn his new personality. But would that change last? Or would he change back? The best way of figuring that out was too keep as close to him as she could, gaining his trust, use him to her hearts content and eventually throw him away as a broken toy. That was all he was. A toy. And this was her game. Just because he was a bit changed it still wouldn't change her plan. The smile returned to her face. Yes, her plan wouldn't change. And so far she hadn't noticed anyone that could destroy her plan.

It didn't take long for Anna to find Christian, somehow she and Damien had missed each other without Anna even realizing that she had been less than half a minute away from walking into him. When she saw Christian he was walking out to the garden.

"Christian." Anna said as high as she could without it becoming a shouting.

He heard her voice clearly and couldn't keep the initial annoyance out of his face for a fraction of second. Now, that he was on his way to assure his new competitor not to get in the way, this newborn vamp has to call out to him. Can't she do anything on her own? Does she have to bother him in the most unsuitable time? You still need her for you game, idiot, reminded one of the voices and Christian had to admit that. Yes, Anna was the crucial chess piece in his game so he had to care for her. No, not her personally but the relationship between the two of them. Not that it was that important as it seemed at first but... SHUT UP! Christian though aggressively as if someone was trying to put thoughts in his head. Thoughts that he refused to consider.

Turning around, he looked at Anna, he lips lightly curved up in a shadow of a smile, his eyes friendly yet cautious as if in wonder why she called out to him and began walking towards her. "Yes? Something wrong?" He said after she was in audible distance without him needing to raise his voice.

She was happy he had heard her, for a second she thought that he might not. Even though vampires had great hearing they could still space out just like any other human and miss if someone tried to get their attention from a distance.

Anna walked up to him and for a moment she actually had to think about what she actually was supposed to say to him. She had just wanted to meet him to get away from her thoughts, but there was things she actually had to tell him.

"I spoke to Damien a little while ago, about you being my mentor." She told him. That wasn't the only thing she had talked to him about, but that was things she didn't need Christian to know. "He told me that he would consider it if he got to meet you first." She then continued. "So I thought, if you have time tomorrow." She thought that maybe he would have calmed down a bit by then, maybe it was bad to actually introduce Christian before they had made up with each other and discussed things between them. But it wasn't good to stall her studies either.

Yeah, I know you did. And you cried like a little baby when he left you in your room, storming out as if you have just stabbed him in the heart, Christian though or maybe it was one of his voices, either way a sly smile appeared inside his mind as on the surface, he has frowned slightly as if in consideration of what Anna has just asked him. "You say he wants to meet me?" He asked her, acting as if mildly surprised. "Well, I don't have a problem with it but I am not sure what he'll do when he finds out that I am from the opposing camp," Christian said, not knowing whether Anna has already told Damien that one important fact which could make the whole plan go down the drain.

"He already knows that." She told him right after Christian had ended his sentence. Of course she would tell Damien about such a thing, since if he got to know it afterwards then who knew what he would do. Actually no one knew what he would do now a days. Even though she had only talked to him a bit after his punishment had ended, there was no doubt in her mind that he had changed. But so had she. Maybe they had both changed too much. Maybe they wouldn't be able to be like they were before anymore. Maybe they had passed the point of no return.
"I told him about it so it wouldn't come as a shock later."

Now that came as a surprise to Christian. Damien knew and he was still willing to see him. Something at the back of his head suggested to Christian, that something was wrong. Something was very wrong about Damien and the way he now regarded Anna. Or maybe he matured? In the past Damien would do anything as to reduce Anna's contact with Gabriel's camp as much as possible and now, he was willing to actually meet one in discussion over possible mentor-ship of his lover. But was Anna still his lover? Was she regarded that way by Damien? Yes, something was definitely off and Christian didn't like it, not after he knew that Damien killed Gabriel.

"Well, then...that's shocking to be honest, considering how much he has protected you before," Christian said and pondered a bit longer. "Sure I am free tomorrow at any time," he added and gave Anna reassuring smile as if to show that everything was ok no matter his inner unsettled thoughts and worries.

Anna was happy that Christian didn't seem to be against meeting Damien, not because she knew why he would be against it but since they were in different camps and Damien was the leader of his camp that might make the situation a bit too awkward for Christian. But it didn't seem like that would become an issue, and she couldn't help but let out a relieved sigh. Her heart almost skipped a beat when he smiled at her, or at least it would have if her heart was still beating.

"Okay, then I'll search you up when I know when and where." She said, then she hesitated a bit before she continued. "See you tomorrow then. And thanks, for helping me all this time." She didn't really want to leave the comfortable bubble she was in every time she was close to Christian, but it had seemed like he was on his way somewhere before and she didn't really want to bother him. Especially since she actually didn't need something at the moment, just because she had an emotional break down it didn't mean that she could take it out on him. She barely even knew him.

Christian nodded his head in response the previous smile decreasing to a slight grin. He could tell from Anna's posture and the look in her eyes that she didn't want to leave yet. Well, the girl that Damien spoke with would probably be gone by now so he could look for her later. Moreover, he could seize this opportunity to deepen this developing relationship. "No worries, Anna. It's always my pleasure," he told her reassuringly and then halted as if thinking about something.

"Say, if you have time, would you like to join me for a stroll in the garden? I was thinking of getting some fresh air and maybe we could talk, because even though we have known each other for some days now, I don't really know much about you," Christian suggested sounding relaxed, somewhat cheerful as if he was happy about the possibility that Anna might join him. Truth be told, he wasn't feeling the same inside. He'd rather let her go and crawl somewhere into a dark place to carry on planning and plotting. He'd rather get rid of Anna because no matter how sweet and innocent she was, there was something irritating about her the past few days. Something that made Christian inner self cringe. What it was, he wasn't sure yet.

Anna had already prepared herself to leave, but before she had been able to take the first step Christian had already stopped her. His question came a bit as a shock for her even though she didn't show it to him. She had been certain that he had been on his way somewhere before and didn't really have time to talk with her, at least not for very long. Had that just been her imagination? Maybe he had just been on his way to take a small stroll after all. Either way it made her happy that he wanted to be with her for a bit longer.

"Yeah sure, its not like I have classes to go to." She told him. He had a good point, they barely knew anything of each other. Christian knew what had happened to her since she came to the academy, and that was just to explain how she got into the situation and why she got turned into a vampire. She hadn't really told him anything about herself except for her emotional breakdown because she was a newborn. And Christian had told her nothing about himself, he had just helped her during the last week. Or actually some days since she just sat in her room the past week waiting for Damien to get better. All she knew about him was that he was a smart guy that seemed like he enjoyed helping people, or maybe she was some kind of exception and he helped her out on a whim and then stuck with her. Who knew what his reasons were.

(Sorry it took such a time before I answered, my parents didn't tell me my sister would come over with her kid and stay for a whole week so I didn't have time to be much on the internet dx)

A shadow of a smile appeared on his face as Anna agreed. If only she knew that every gesture that he showed and every word that descended from his lips was just a play, a game in which Anna served as a pawn. Though, lately Christian was wondering if Anna was still a disposable type of pawn or not. She had some significance in his planning but it was harder to pre-determine her reactions and action for that matter as well. Therefore, it was one of the reasons why Christian wanted to get to know her, so that she would talk about herself which would help him understand her more and that would lead to easier estimation of her behavior. Lightly jerking his head towards the door that lead into the garden, Christian was on his way walking leisurely, but with an energetic swing in his steps.

"So how have you been this past week? I haven't seen much of you," he started a conversation just as he held the door open for Anna.

She went with Christian out to the garden, the light breeze and the fresh air felt great after walking in the corridors that always had a small scent of blood even when people were far away. At first she hadn't noticed it, but some days earlier she had started to realize that small parts of the scent stayed for some hours after humans had walked past. She didn't notice it all the time, mostly just when she was really hungry or happened to think about blood.

"I have mostly stayed in my room and tried to study. I thought it was best until I would be able to speak with Damien about the mentor thing." She told him. The only reason she actually had opened her books during that week was because she wanted to get her thoughts off of all the things around her. The reaction Damien might have to Christian and everything that had happened lately.

"So I have been a bit bored, most of the homework aren't that fun. But except for that I have been well." It wasn't a complete lie. It was just that day that she had been emotionally hurt, but the rest of the week had been pretty well. At least better than any other week since she became a vampire.
"What have you been up to?" She then asked him curiously. She didn't know much about him, so if she got to know what he did during the days when she wasn't present then she might find out a bit more about him.

Last edited:
Christian listened carefully as if interested in every word she said. Yes, he hasn't seen her lately but that didn't mean that he didn't watch her or kept an eye out for her. Of course, that was a sensitive information that he could not share, an quite frankly it would freak out anyone to suddenly find out that someone has been watched. "I have been going to classes and somehow managed not to fall asleep in classes," he answered Anna's question and his eyes quickly searched the gardens until he found what he initially wanted to pursue. The girl that spoke with Damien. Could he play her as a pawn? Was she dangerous to his position or not? It was hard to decide but Christian wanted to take the risk. Maybe there wasn't even as much risk as he thought but anyhow.

"By the way, do you know the girl over there?" Christian asked Anna lightly nodding his head towards the unknown girl who was walking away from them. "I saw her around Damien a lot lately," he uttered as if he was thinking aloud, frowning lightly with pensive nuances complementing his features. Alright, he lied a bit but he doubted that Anna would go and ask the girl herself how long she has been seeing Damien. Turning his eyes from the unknown female, Christian looked at Anna, his eyebrows lifted only the slightest bit of an inch in wonder and curiosity.

As Christian answered her question she immediately wondered what he did that made him so tired so he almost fell asleep during classes. It took some time for her to even come up with the idea that he might just get bored. Then Christian asked her about a girl. She looked towards the place Christian nodded to and Anna saw her just as she heard Christian mention how he had seen her with Damien a lot lately.

She had never seen her with Damien before. Were they friends? Had they known each other for long? She tried to remember if she ever had seen Damien with that girl when she still was a human. But she couldn't remember anything like that. Anna shook her head a bit. "I have seen her around in the corridors, but I can't remember ever meeting her or Damien talking about her." She said while hoping that Christian wouldn't notice how disappointed she sounded in the end of her sentence. It hurt. At least he had told her about Isabel, and she had no problem with him having friends. But why had she never heard about that girl? Maybe he hadn't known her for long. But why would he hang out with her a lot if they just had met?

"I guess if they're good friends I'll get to know soon enough." She then said, trying to sound more cheerful as if it was no big deal.

Victoria had stopped for a moment after Damien had gotten out of her sight. He seemed to have changed a lot, maybe too much. Did she have to change her plans? For now she had to observe and not do anything too rash. Firstly she should at least try and win his trust by giving him the names on those who wanted to betray him. She had lied, she knew the name of everyone of them, she even knew the name of those who had just had moments of weakness but then stepped down and decided to not go against Damien.

She started to walk slowly while she though about everything. Now when he was changed, could she use Anna against him? Or would he not even care? She had to experiment a bit without looking too suspicious. As she at one point glanced behind her she noticed Anna and Christian. If Damien and Anna still had feelings for each other, then this would be the perfect moment to spark some jealousy between them. A girl would get easily jealous for nothing, Victoria would just have to try and be more with Damien while Anna were close. And Damien would get to hear about Anna's new boyfriend soon enough, once rumors started in a school there would be no way to stop them.

If Damien and Anna still had a romance then if the rumor was big enough, would he be able to ignore it? She opened the door to the school and walked in.

After having spoken to Christian for just a couple of minutes, Anna noticed Michael walking through the garden on his way into the other part of the school building. It looked as if he were troubled by something. She hadn't spoken to him in a long time, at least not as a friend.

"I'm sorry Christian, I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow. I'll search you up sometime after the lessons have ended." She told him before she ran towards Michael and caught up to him just as he had opened the door. After just some minutes of chatting with him, she realized how much he had been troubled since Gabriel had been expelled and disappeared. Their family had gotten into a chaos like state because of Gabriel's disappearance, and not even his cousin Michael had been able to stay out of the familys troubles. And it troubled him more than anyone else in their family because he actually knew what had happened. He didn't tell her any details, and even though he didn't say it she still understood that he probably would leave the school pretty soon. It simply was a feeling she got from him.
Michael didn't speak to Anna for long, but he was nice enough to walk her to her room before departing. The night went on for longer than forever, at least in Anna's mind. But eventually the sun rose, but it was still half a day before she would actually see anyone. Everyone had classes, and she didn't. She felt weak, and not in the human kind of way as she had done before. Eating started to become easier for her, at least when she were alone. But there still were an inner conflict in her head, telling her that it was wrong to it blood, but she needed it to survive. She tried to put those thoughts aside by studying on her own. Once she was certain that all the classes was over she walked out of her room to find Christian, so that they then could search up Damien.

Status
Not open for further replies.