I'll never be part of your world (The Returner and Redblood)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who am I?" Exclaimed Isabel and made a furious step forward but the same time, Christian stepped forward as well partially baring his teeth, not his fangs, warning Isabel that shall she dare to make another move, he will bare her fangs and they would enter fight. "You little ignorant, cunt. He is suffering because of you and you don't even go and look at him. LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Isabel wasn't shouting but the urgency in her voice was almost as if she was screaming on top of her lungs only this way it felt like that mentally. "God know what you made him do for you and now because of YOU he is a laughing stock to all of them! Because of you his own camp is in disarray and there are daily reports of fights between both factions that now don't have a leader!" She stepped to the right and Christian stepped to the left maintaining the distance between him, Anna and Isabel. With one of his hands, which he extended backwards, he made it clear to Anna to follow his moves.

"Why are you protecting her? Are you fool as well?! Have you fallen for her?!" Isabel asked Christian directly, but he remained silent, only watching the enemy intently still trying to guess who she was and where he saw her before. There was something awfully familiar about her, but he couldn't place it. At least not just yet.

It only took half a second for Anna to realize that the other woman was talking about Damien. It felt as if she were twisting a knife in her heart, and it went deeper and deeper the more the woman spoke. She tried to find her voice so that she could speak, but somehow she had suddenly lost it. But then the fear was replaced by other feelings, the suppressed instincts and anger.

"I never asked him to do anything for me. He did it of his own free will, knowing exactly what would happen to him. He knew exactly what would happen to him, and he didn't care. I never did anything. Want to blame someone? Blame Gabriel, if he hadn't pissed Damien off from the beginning non of this would have happened." Her voice trembled of anger, and she even felt her body shaking a bit. Something inside her told her to just attack the bitch, but her better side forced herself to stay as calm as she possibly could.

Strong words, Christian thought. "Do not do something foolish Anna. You won't stand a chance against her if you attack. She will rip you apart with one hand," he told her, his eyes never leaving Isabel.

"Gabriel was crazy. Everyone knew that he was nothing but a bastard and monster. Nothing of this would have happened if you haven't transferred to this school. Did you come back to haunt him? Isn't it enough what mess you made of his life in the past? You have no idea, how much he suffered for you. To keep you safe and away from his family, from anyone who would hurt his precious FRIEND!" Now even Isabel's voice was trembling but it was hard to say what feelings were controlling her speech, whether it was anger, sentiment or sadness. Or maybe all of them. "He always had his eyes for you. Always had you on his mind. Because of you he casted me away and I obeyed because I knew that was his wish and I would obey anything he would order me!" She carried on moving to the right and Christian to the left but with her last words, Christian remembered who she was.

"You're Isabel. Damien's whore." The latter part left his lips unguarded but well, that's how she was known because it was always her, before Anna came, that Damien would sleep with. The whole school knew, but did Anna know as well? There was not enough time to think about it as Isabel growled and bared her fangs at the same time as Christian did. The two of them pounced on each other. Isabel growling but Christian being exceptionally silent. As soon as the got close to each other, there was a tearing sound and smell of blood which disappeared just as soon as it appeared. The whole conlicted lasted just a few seconds and when it was over, Isabel was lying on the ground, looking up at Christian, fear in her eyes. Her hand was covering her shoulder and it was noticeable that the fabric was torn. Christian having his back to Anna seemed to be fine, but his expression was that of a maniac. His eyes shining with lust, his bared fangs bloody.

"You...you..." Isabel stuttered and Christian hid his fangs so that he could speak clearly. "I am only protecting what is important to me," his voice was hard and sharp. Not seeing his expression, the whole statement sounded protective and resolute, but if one would see his face as Isabel did, the words gained new dimension. It was a very well wrapped warning for Isabel that if she would ever mess with him and his object of interest again, he might not just bite her in a shoulder and have a sip of her blood... Run, he mouthed at Isabel with the last sparks of his insanity before he retained his composure, straightened up and stepped backwards to were Anna was. His, now calm yet focused eyes, never leaving Isabel who was now clumsily getting to her feet and stumbled away.

It was probably good that Christian warned her about attacking Isabel, or else she might have actually tried. But her clouded angry mind became a bit clearer thanks to Christians words and she forced herself to calm down a bit, but with all senses on high level.

Anna had no idea what the girl was talking about. Keeping her away from his family? When did he ever do that? She didn't know anything about it. Was it something she had forgotten? At first she thought that Isabel was talking about the past as in when she was human and just transferred, but that didn't really seem to fit. But what other could it be? She hadn't known Damien before she transferred to his school. Everything that girl said confused Anna more and more, and suddenly her head felt cloudy, and it hurt. It wasn't like a headache, it was more an emotional hurt. It felt like something wanted to get up to the surface in her head, but it weren't able to push itself through the walls. It was just like a headache but at the same time it was completely different.

She could hear exactly what Christian said, but she weren't able to take in the information for the time being. Suddenly Anna was woken up from her hurting head, and whatever had been pounding disappeared deep inside her mind into a dark place she couldn't see. A horrible ripping sound from the two fighting had woken her up, Isabel was on the ground and Christian was over her.

His words somehow warmed her heart, and even though she didn't notice it, a small smile appeared on one side of her lip. Then he let her go. That must have been the shortest fight in history.

She wished that she could ask Christian about what Isabel had talked about, but she knew he probably didn't know more than her. "Are you okay? You're not hurt right?" She asked, all the instincts was gone, all the horrible pounding in her head was gone. Now she was only worried for her friend.

Christian nodded his head. "Yes, I am fine." Watching as Isabel was leaving the two of them alone, fear still written on her face but subsiding now, Christian was worried even more than before. If she tells Damien, then Christian is just as good as dead. Stop worrying too much, Chris. You showed her that she shouldn't play with you. Like hell he did! But damn her blood was sweet! I feel like tasting again! All the voices in his head were talking one over another, some praising him, some encouraging him to take more blood, some suggesting what should be done next. It was a terrible murmur of sounds inside his head and Christian was just about able to cope with it.

"Let's go to the office, to get you some days off," he said, turning around trying to look relaxed but there was something in his expression that hinted that he was preoccupied with something though he did his best to hide it. "Are you ok? Do you know the girl?" Christian asked Anna, while picking up his bag and brushing off some dust. His tie was cranked but he couldn't have noticed that since there was no mirror to look into.

Anna got even more worried when he seemed a bit absent minded as he spoke, maybe he was more hurt than he dared to tell her. Or maybe he was just deep in thoughts. She forced her question to stay in her throat, she didn't want to push answers out of him just because she worried too much. He had taken down Isabel so fast, there shouldn't have been any time for any big wounds, and as far as she could see he wasn't hurt anywhere, at least not visibly.

She simply gave a nod when he suggested that they would take off to the office to get her some days off from her lessons. She mostly agreed since she weren't certain what to do at the moment. If they had all been human then she would have told him to go to the nurse office immediately just to check so everything was okay. But he wasn't human, and she didn't know how to deal with situations concerning vampires yet.

"It would be weird if I wasn't fine, she didn't even touch me you know." Anna said after Christian had questioned her. "I'm certain I have met her before, but I don't remember things from when I was human that clearly." She then explained. If Gabriel hadn't done all those things to her then her memory would probably have been perfectly fine. "Its like a thick layer of mist lays in the way for me to see them. Sometimes now and then some things become crystal clear when I'm reminded while other things are harder to get out of the fog."

Christian nodded in acknowledgement and started walking back towards the school. It was lucky that no one came to that part of the garden during the fight. The same couldn't be said for the case of seeing the whole incident. Christian just had to hope that if someone saw it, that someone won't make way too big fuss about it.

"Say, Anna, if you could remember all your memories, would you want to?" He was curious himself and of course if she would want to and Christian would be the one who would deliver that to her, it was pretty much obvious what result it would make. But could he really manage to do it? With some time to search on the internet and maybe the dark places of the library where no one ever goes, he could find a way.

The schoolyard was empty and the whole place was quiet as everyone was attending their lessons. They entered the building from the side of Study room. "There is an office booth further down where you can get your leave. I will be waiting for you in the main hall," Christian informed Anna, made sure that she saw the place were she was meant to go and then left.

Anna looked down into the ground as he asked the question. Did she really want her memories back? A lot of awful things had happened during that time, but also a lot of good things. There was probably a lot of things that she didn't want to come up to the surface of her memories, but by not getting back the bad how would she be able to get back the good?

"I... Think... Things would be a bit less... Confusing if I got my memories back. And there are things I want to find out. But... there are a lot of stuff that I think I rather forget." She said as she wondered if that sounded as confusing to Christian as it did to her. There was no real answer to his question in her reply, but that was just because she didn't know the answer herself.

Anna and Christian parted for some minutes as she went to the office booth. It didn't take long for her to finish and get back to Christian. The few minutes she were alone, walking through the corridor she started to think about Damien, and what was happening to him out there. It just made her hurry up her steps.

For the few minutes that the two of them parted, Christian had a chance to think on his own. So she was confused about whether she wanted to get her memories back or not. Logical. As he was leaning against the wall, seemingly careless, Christian closed his eyes and began consulting the cause with the voices. Yes, from time to time even those annoying voices could be of some help.

'You are clever Christian, but you are no god. How can you hope to return her memories?' 'Oh shut up, you are always so pessimistic. Maybe he can find a way. Hypnosis? Bang in the head?' 'Seriously?! Are you insane? Why would he hit her in the head? This is no frickin cartoon you idiot...'

Hypnosis? That wasn't bad idea but Christian has never done it before and personally didn't quite believe in that method. It was even possible that vampires were immune to hypnosis since he never heard of any of his kind to get into such state. He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest and lowering his head, frowning this time. Hypnosis won't work, he thought and that disrupted the voices that were still discussing the possibility whether a bang in the head would be effective.

'Take her to Damien? Even when he is in that state, seeing him again might bring back more memories. Didn't she actually say that as she saw him being tortured, she remembered some stuff?' Suggested another voice and it couldn't be helped, but Christian liked that idea. It would actually nicely combine two causes into one. Christian would be able to have a look at Damien while Anna would know about it but it wouldn't be as drastic as if she found out about it suddenly, and Anna herself might get some memories back. That on its own wasn't what interested Christian the most, it was mainly the content of the memories.

Upon hearing step in the hall, Christian opened his eyes and looked at Anna who was returning from the study room. "Got your leave?" He asked and pushed himself off the wall. There would be no reason why she wouldn't get the leave. In the office booth, there were only vampires who could discern between humans and their own kind. They would know that Anna was a newborn and therefore they would have no reasons, not to give her a leave.

"You know, I was thinking about getting some of your memories back. I can tell that you want to remember but you might be just afraid of what the memories are. I guess it is frightening but you won't be yourself, until you remember everything, I suppose," he started, moving carefully around the topic of the two of them going to see Damien. Christian was aware of how sensitive that topic was and if he was meant to succeed he would have to be very careful with his words which was never that troublesome. What made him a bit unease was, that he still couldn't quite figure out how Anna's mind worked, how she would react to different things. She seemed very much unstable to him but then, he thought, that might have been one of the reasons why he took up such an interest in her.

"I think, I might have come up with a possibility how to return some of your memories. But it might be something that you don't feel comfortable with doing and I will not push you into it if you really don't want to, but you do have to ask yourself Anna, whether you want to be lost in the dark for longer or whether you want to start getting hang of yourself," he couldn't stress that enough to make it obvious that he wanted her to remember but wouldn't force her into it if she refused. "Also, I think that some of your problems, such as thirst and possibly decreased focus, could be how your body copes with your mind that is fighting to make itself known but you either willingly or not, suppress it. I don't know. All I am saying is that if you try to rediscover your memories, some of your current issues might cease or disappear all together." Nice hypothesis, right? Shame it was just one big lie. Of course, loss of memories wouldn't cause someone to be so hungry, that was entirely issue of being a newborn, but how could a newborn, who was a human before, with no or little interest in vampires, know about such thing?

Anna felt relaxed as fast as she saw Christian, the thoughts of Damien was pushed back into a dark corner of her mind. She had no idea why she felt so relaxed in his presence, they had just known each other for two days. It had taken much longer time to get such a feeling with Damien. But that situation and this situation was so different so it was just bad to try and compare them with each other. After all, she had been a carefree human when she came to the academy and she hadn't known about vampires at first. She hadn't had much troubles in life at that time, but now she was a newborn and the one she trusted the most couldn't be close to her at the moment, so she had to rely on someone else. Christian had simply shown her the right kind of kindness and care for her to be able to trust him.

She answered him with a nod when she walked up to him. What he then continued to tell her was a bit puzzling, she wasn't certain if she wanted her memories back or not, but was she really afraid of knowing? She already knew the answer to that though. She was afraid. She didn't want to see what horrible things might have happened. Those small fragrances of memories that she couldn't see clearly was haunting her. One of them was of her sitting in the library and someone came up behind her. She could remember how scared she was, but the fog in her mind made her unable to see clearly what had happened. She wasn't even certain if she had gotten hurt that time or not.

At first she made herself ready to refuse the offer, if her memories returned then they returned, if not then they wouldn't. But when he told her that it might help her cope with all the changes, the blood thirst and the loss of focus then her mind started to become a war zone. One part of her said do it, you have to get this under control. The other part screamed at her to stop, she wouldn't know what she would remember once she had her memories back. And Christian had said it might be something unpleasant. 'It can't be worse than what Gabriel did to me.' Anna thought to the two fighting sides. The torture she had gone through wasn't that clear in her mind, but the pain was crystal clear.

"What is it I have to do?" Anna asked, would she really be able to go through with it, whatever the uncomfortable thing was.

Good. She was interested in his offer but now came the real part that Christian had to play safely. Taking a step closer to Anna, he put his hand on her arm, his face again filled with concern as if whatever he was about to say was unpleasant. Well, it was unpleasant to Anna but quite exciting for Christian. "I know you will mostly reject this but from what you have told me, this has the highest probability of helping you," his eyes shifted from looking somewhere to the side, to looking into Anna's eyes. "You told me that you remembered some things when you saw Damien being punished and please listen to me," he added quickly and put his other hand on her other arms as if to prevent her from running away or turning away, but the grip lacked forced so if Anna would want to wriggle out she would be able to do it and Christian wouldn't stop her. There was also some urgency into his voice, but not that kind which was too intrusive. This urgency was of care and concern.

"In my theory, if you go and see him for a while now it might help you remember. I know it is a big thing to suggest to you since you are so confused about what has happened but it might help. I will go there with you and stay there to support you. We can leave at anytime you'll want. Moreover, Damien might appreciate it too since you just went there to see him get punished but then didn't go there at all. If he loves you as much as he does, he'd want to see you at least once during the punishment, it might give him the strength to get through the pain." Oh how poetic you sound now, Christian. Have you ever though of writing a romantic novel? The voice pretty much summed up what was Christian's intention. He wanted Anna to believe that Damien still cared about her and that her presence might be of some good to him, no matter how hard for her it might be to do it.

If Christian's hand's hadn't been on her then she would probably have left long before he had finished talking. She just wanted to leave, not hear anymore of that. How could she face Damien? What could she say to him? He probably still thought she hated him after killing Gabriel. She was afraid of meeting him. What if he didn't care about her anymore?

But if he really did care, if he would be happy about seeing her, if her memories could come back and it helped against her confusing, and if Damien saw how much Christian had helped her during the last couple of days. Then maybe it was worth it. But she was afraid. She tried to find her heartbeat since she was certain that it would jump out of her chest by now, but it wasn't there. Of course it wasn't.

She nodded her head a bit. "I'll go see him." She said, obviously scared. There was so much that could happen. He could reject her, she could start crying in front of him and make him feel worse, her memories might not come back at all, she might get the instincts to attack him after what he did to Gabriel. That was a thought that had come across her mind many times. Her instincts wanted to hurt him because Gabriel was her creator. But Anna herself didn't want that.

Anyone up for a bottle of champagne?! Asked one of the voices obviously cheerfully. Christian himself felt excited that his plan went through but his face didn't five away anything apart from the still concerned yet somehow relieved look. He moved one of his hands up and touched Anna's cheek. "I'll be there with you. Nothing will happen. You don't have to do anything but go and see him," he said on lower voice than before which sounded somewhat vibrant with some emotion that could have been either eagerness or concern. It was hard to distinguish though. "Let's go," he added, still almost whispering before he seemingly unconsciously took her hand and began leading the way. Not hurrying as that might give away how much he was looking forward to what was about to happen, but not walking too slowly either. Holding Anna's hand also assured him that if she will try to run away, he'd be able to do something about it - that was his inner motive. The outer motive, how it might have appeared, was to support the newborn vampire in her dilemma.

Christian didn't expect anyone to be in the hidden garden as everyone had lessons and he was right. As they were nearing the place, he couldn't sense any other vampire...but he could sense the blood. The sharp, somewhat alluring smell of vampire blood which made him feel hungry. As they turned the corner a scene opened up in front of them. Nothing has changed only the fact that there was almost no one, but the guards, in front of the stage. And on the stage...a disarray of noises and feelings gushed inside Christian and he stopped, commanding his face to look shocked when in fact he was feeling as if he has just had an erection.

On top of the stage, on the same chair sat a man. A man that looked like Damien but several years older. The blood was slowly dripping from his veins into the buckets stationed below. The sound of dripping liquid, the continuous 'blub, blub, blub' was filling the space and with every drop that created waves on the surface of the blood, the scent intensified and then ceased, repeating the cycle. Damien's head was lowered, his face hidden behind his hair. His skin was dry and paler than before because of the blood loss. The silver chains that burned down through his skin into his flesh yesterday where exchanged for normal metal chains with silver core. They would not hurt him anymore, but it was made impossible for him to break free as he was so weak. Damien sat there, motionless as a statue. Could he feel Anna's presence? If he did, was he too weak to lift his head and look at her?

The smell of his own blood must be so teasing to him, he must be so hungry right now. So damn hungry. That's what usually turns them mad. Not the fact that they are drained but the closeness of their own blood while they are hungry but they know that they can't reach it, can't feed themselves, said one of the attentive voices and Christian had to agree. If he would have to undergo such a punishment, he would definitely go crazy.

Anna felt a bit better by christian's support. Even though he said that she just had to see him she wasn't certain that she could walk away without speaking to him. But if she started to speak she might start crying. But if she just walked away he might take that badly. She could only see bad things happening by her appearing in front of Damien.

As Christian took her hand in his to lead the way, Anna held her own hand tightly in his so she wouldn't try to slip out and run the other way when they got close. As they got out Anna could smell the blood in the air. It smelled differently from human blood, but it still smelled good and she felt hungry again. She forced herself to take deep breath because it felt like she couldn't breath and she was loosing control over herself. It only worsened the situation since more smells got into her. Her reactions was too human and didn't match what a vampire would have to do. If she had hold her breath it would have gone much easier.

Then they saw him. At first Anna wasn't certain if it really was Damien she was looking at. He looked so much older, as if someone had pulled out the plug on his life force and his age was getting higher for every hour. The blood dripped into buckets. It made Anna dizzy and for once she actually held her breath. It felt very uncomfortable but she forced herself to not breath. One part of her screamed that she would die if she didn't breath, but another part knew that it wasn't true.

Her free hand was shaking and she felt the tears starting to come even though they hadn't fallen yet. Damien was in such a bad state. "Damien." She whispered, letting go of a bit of the air that still was stuck in her lungs. She wanted to rip him away from the chair and the chains and take him somewhere safe, feed him so he regained his strength. If Christian hadn't been holding her she might have actually tried to do it.

She closed her eyes and turned her head away from the site. But instead the horrible scenes was replaced by memories. Gabriel in the library trying to violate her, Damien that then saved her, all those horrible noises. She had no idea at that time that they were vampires. The big fight in the corridor between Gabriel and Damien. The time when Damien rejected Isabel. The horrible torture Gabriel put her through.

She opened her eyes. "I can't..." It felt as if she couldn't breath even though she had started breathing. It was all psychologically, but she was certain that her head was about to crack open, her lungs about to break, her heart about to explode. Her hand tightened in Christian's and she started to pull back. "I need to get inside." It just came out as a breath, she was in complete panic.

As Anna breathed out Damien's names there was a hardly noticeable movement in his posture. He moved his shoulders back vainly trying to straighten up, possibly to look at her. As Anna turned away and closed her eyes, Christian was the one who took in every detail of what he saw. The way Damien looked, the way he sat even the movement he produced when Anna spoke. All of it was taken into his memory bank and would be revised later. God, Damien was definitely piece of man not subjugating to madness just yet no matter how weak he looked. It wouldn't be hard to get rid of him now, would it? Then Anna pressed herself against Christian so fiercely that it tore him away from his state of remembering. He looked down at her. She seemed to be in so much pain, mental pain that it awaken his curiousness again. When she spoke, she sounded desperate and from the corner of Christian's eye, he noticed Damien's head lifting a bit, only the slightest inch that was so hard to notice.

"That's ok. Let's go," he said calmly, letting Anna hold his hand as much as she could while you put his other free hand over her shoulders and as they were walking away, Christian got that strange shiver as he did before they were attacked by Isabel. It was the feeling of being watched. Not letting that show on his face, Christian led the way back to the school.

The smell of blood, the scene before her, the memories, it was too much for her to handle. She hoped that Damien hadn't noticed her presence there, because if he did he might just feel worse because she turned around so suddenly. She didn't know what was going on inside Damien's head at the moment, and she was too busy trying to stop her own head from killing her. Shortly after they had gotten inside and the scent of blood had disappeared from her lungs, she was able to calm down. Without even noticing it before tears had started to fall from her eyes. The only reason she noticed it was because she felt her cheek being wet when she brought her hand to her head.

"It feels like my head is going to break." She complained, trying to keep her eyes opened even though the headache wanted to make her close them. But if she closed them, bad memories would attack her again. At least that was what she was afraid of.

Christian noticed her crying a while ago but couldn't do much to wipe those tears away as he was leading her back inside. Not that he would naturally do anything but enjoy the sight. However, as they got inside, it was time for him to act once again as a caring friend. "I'll help you to your room," he said and without any further delay, he placed his school bag over his shoulder and picked up Anna. "It would take us a long time to get to your room if we walk. The lesson is going to finish soon," he explained his doing as he began to quickly walking through the hall and up the stairs just as the bell went off. The lesson was over and Christian manged to turned to corner to the room just in time before the first students left the classroom.

"Which room is yours?" He asked her and lead her tell him. As he carried Anna in his arms, he did notice how light she was and the immediate closeness to his body made his feel somehow strange. Almost as yesterday after the attack of the big voice when they stood so close to each other. Don't think about this now! He, or maybe one of his voices, scolded him and it was enough to clear his mind. As he stopped in front of Anna's room, he carefully put her down but never removed his hands from her body for support.

"If you want I can stay with you until you feel better," he said and being so close to her, his words might have came out a bit differently than intended. He wanted to sound caring but maybe there was a hint of something else in his voice, some desire which probably did not sound malicious but it did not sound needing either. For some reason, Christian felt as excited being so near to Anna as he did when he saw Damien on the chair. It was confusing as there was no apparent reason for this. Anna wasn't in any obvious pain but the mental one and the mental one wasn't big enough to make him feel this way. Christian knew that he should move away a bit because this closeness might be as uncomfortable for Anna as it was for him, but all his body would do was move back only an inch or two, refusing to break the physical contact from where his hands were touching Anna.

Anna nodded at his proposal of him helping her back to her room, but got very surprised when he suddenly lifted her up and carried her. It wasn't the first time she was happy about not having blood flowing around in her body since if she had then she would have blushed like crazy. Had Damien ever carried her like that? Not what she could remember. But was that really a time to compare the two of them? Probably not. She was glad that no one saw them since it would feel a bit embarrassing to be carried like that, and because Damien could have heard about it if someone saw it. Why did she worry about that? He only helped her, they didn't do anything wrong.

She told him where her room was and he took her there. At first she was ready to accept his offer of him staying with her for a little while. But after thinking about it for a moment she thought that it would be better if she was left alone. She had to think about what had happened, try to take in the memories on her own in peace and quiet. Having him there would probably not help much even though he made her feel so relaxed.

"Thanks for your help, but I think I need to be alone for a little while." She told him, but didn't step back. She felt comfortable so close to Christian. "When Damien feels better I will talk with him about the mentor thing." She then continued, she knew that she would feel most comfortable if Christian was her mentor, so she would definitely make sure that Damien agreed to it. But of course she had to wait until he was feeling better. There was a lot of things that had to wait until he was better.

He sat there on the chair, watching over the crowd of vampires. All of them hateful, but the hate was originating from different reasons. Some hated him for who he was, for his status among them, for his abilities. Some hated the injustice, as they called it. No matter the reasons, they all came to witness how he was being punished. Punished for something that he did but none of them knew about. They all thought that he hurt Gabriel, but none of them knew that he killed him. That he killed Gabriel and therefore made him his second victim. His eyes scouted the crowd. Yes, he could see Isabel looking so desperate, wanting to go up to him, save him, caress him. Damien still held a soft spot for her even after he rejected her attention and forbid her from seeing him. She was still a woman that was there for him when he needed her, a woman that was willing to give up her own life just so that he wouldn't have to suffer. His gaze shifted and then he saw her. Anna... Standing in the crowd looking up at him. His calmness and composure was torn apart and he felt ache inside his chest. Averting his gaze so that she wouldn't see what he felt, Damien scanned the rest of the students. Then the executioner came near and the torture began.

Many think that silver is cold when they touch it. Vampires would disagree. Silver burns. It burns like fire and acid at the same time as it touches your skin and sinks in slowly. Slowly enough for one to never forget the pain. It was the first time Damien was punished with silver. It hurt like hell but his pride wouldn't let him show it. He wouldn't let anyone know in how much pain he was. The least of all Anna, whose gaze he could feel upon himself. From afar he could hear the crowd cheering, the others complaining, shouting in dismay. Oh, how much he wanted to say something to his followers. How much he wanted to assure all of them that he was fine. But was he fine? No. If he would try to speak in that moment, only a chaos of syllables would come out as his whole body was consumed by the pain of the slowly sinking silver chain. Due to that, Damien didn't even notice that the executioner cut him, until he suddenly smelled blood. So it's done, was his thought and it somehow brought him a fragile peace. He never held a hope that he would escape from his punishment. After all, thanks to his father he wasn't sentenced to death which was the usual end for one vampire who killed one of their own kind. The cheers from the crowd grew louder, a small fight broke somewhere in the midst of the congregation, but Damien didn't pay it any attention. What he truly wanted now was strength that was so hard for him to find. Mental strength that would get him through the three days of hell. But could he make it through without any serious harm? Could he make it through and then talk to Anna? Talk to her, calm her down, assure her that whatever has happened between her and Gabriel has no impact on how he feels towards her. But did have any impact on her feelings? His thoughts consumed him, distanced him from the world outside, from the pain and noise and later that day, at night, he began to be hungry and the smell of his own blood that gathered in the bucket below, began to be alluring, calling to him and that's when his mind started to act on his own.
Damien looked to be only six years old, in terms of human age. He was sitting in the park where his carer took him. His parents never went with him or played with him at all. They had to much work to
do. Basically, the only time he could see them was dinner. For six-year-old it was hard spending the time alone without any friends. So his carer got the idea to take him to the park so that Damien could meet with others kids. No matter how good the plan was, Damien never got involved in any game. Not that he wouldn't want to but he didn't make any attempt himself. God knew how he also looked to the other kids. This day was the same as the other. Children were playing all around. Everyone was dressed in warm clothes because winter almost took over the city. Damien's carer went to buy some hot drinks so that both of them would keep warm. The little boy looked up to the sky as he usually did when he was thinking. The sky was calming sensation for him. It was vast and lonely as he was.
"Aren't you gonna play some game?" he heard a little voice next him. A voice that certainly didn't belong to his carer. Damien quickly glanced at the direction only to discover that there was a girl sitting next to him. As he wasn't used to be in presence of any other child, the first thing he did was that he moved to the other side of the bench, away from the girl. His eyes a little bit wide in surprise. The girl only chuckled. It was a joyful sound.
"Are you scared?" she asked and giggled once more. However, for Damien it was like the girl was laughing at him. His expression stiffened and he lifted up his chin a little bit.
"No, I am not scared," he said in a hurt voice. The girl didn't react anyhow, she was just watching him. When Damien thought that her gaze began to be annoying and was about to tell her off for that. She moved closer again. Yes, Damien wanted to move away once more but he couldn't if he didn't want to fall off.
"I am Anna Blue and I think that you need a friend," she said seriously but regarded him with a sweet, friendly smile.
Damien could feel someone's presence. How long was he out for, dreaming this strange dream that felt so familiar? His body was bent forward leaning into the chains that wear no longer so painful but held in place very well. Someone must have changed them while he...passed out?

That presence...it was so familiar. Looking up, Damien saw a face of a girl. He recognized her even through the tears and smudged make up that was now decorating her face. Isabel. She came to see him. His lips curled into a smile that might have not been as charming or wide as usual, but it was a reassuring one. He wanted to tell her, not to cry because she was more beautiful when she was smiling, but words wouldn't come out and the hunger would grow stronger. More blood was drained out of him every minute and he could start to feel the impact on him in terms of strength. He felt exceptionally weak; weaker than ever before and the calling of blood that was next to him... Leaning back in his chair, Damien closed his eyes, trying to push the need for blood out of his mind, but it was challenging. His body began to demand food. Damien knew that not long from now, his mind will demand blood as well and once that happens...
He was in the woods, laughing. Did he really laugh so happily when he was a child? Yes, he did. He was running around, looking for someone. He heard her laugh as if she was trying to give him a hint to where she was even though he already knew. She couldn't hide from him because she was a human. He could smell her but she didn't know that and it was better to leave it this way. He ran after her voice, laughing again and she laughed back in return. How old could he be? Couple decades in the vampire terms but he still looked just six years old to human.
"Wait!" He called out playfully as he jumped over a fallen log. She ran through there too, he could smell it in the air. What was so alluring about her smell? What made him want to follow her? Chase her? Hunt her...
Somewhere in front of him, a sound of thud reached his ears and scent of blood reached his nostrils almost at the same time. "Anna?" Damien called out, smiling, but he got no response. "Anna?!" He called out again, worry creeping into his voice. Human boy would have had hard time trying to find her, but he wasn't human. Following his instincts he found her in a moment. She was sitting on the ground, grasping her hand, her face contracted as she tried to hide that she was in pain. The blood...the smell...it came from her hand.
Kneeling down next to her, Damien smiled at her. "Don't worry, you'll be fine," he told her and in response, she smiled at him almost the same way as she did when they first met. Since that day in the park, they became very good friends. Damien would always secretly leave the house to see her, to play with her even if it was just for a while. She would always demand an explanation but he would never give her one, because even if he did, it wouldn't change the fact that he would never be able to become part of her happy world. He took her hand and looked at the wound, it wasn't deep, just a scratch from a fall. Before he could stop himself, Damien was already licking the blood of her hand.
"Damien? What are you doing?" She asked, her voice somehow unsure suddenly. Looking up at her, he suddenly saw fear in her eyes. "What is it?" He asked but felt his fangs scraping over his lower lip. She screamed. He got scared. His hunger was great and her blood tasted too good. His fangs sank into the flesh just as he heard her say: "Damien..."
...in a voice so low that he nearly missed it. Did he kill her? Did he hurt her? Panic seized his insides and his shoulder shook. No, no, no... He didn't kill her back then. He didn't even lick her hand for fear that he might show his true self. His mind was playing tricks on him. His mind started to crave blood. Back then, he wrapped her palm in his handkerchief and led her back home.

"I can't..." he heard in the distance and the voice was so familiar. The presence he sensed was familiar too. Could it be...? Is it her? Lifting his head only slightly to be able to see through his hair, Damien noticed a girl and a boy walking away. There was something very familiar about the girl but before he could focus on her more, she was gone. Was it her?

He wanted to call out, to stop her from leaving so that he could assure himself that the girl who he loved so dearly didn't forget him. But he was too weak to even straighten up in his chair. His mind was already taking control over his body and so he just leaned into the chains and as a fallen warrior who has grown feeble from the fight with hunger, Damien let another memory enter his mind.

"You are a disgrace to the family," growled his father as he stood over him, menacing as ever. "How dare you befriend a human? How dare you endanger what I have worked for, for so long?" He wouldn't raise his voice which only made his speech more frightening. "And now you have even killed one of our own to protect her. You drank his blood! What would you do if she wasn't unconscious and saw you and found out who you are? You are nothing but a waste of space, waste of my time." His words hurt Damien greatly. Tears began to form in his eyes and as he looked around, his mother would look away, hiding her own sorrow. She would never stand up to his father. She was afraid of him.
"I...I..." Damien tried to say something, but his voice trembled and broke and then he felt the strong, unforgiving hand hitting him across the cheek, making Damien fall on the ground. The boy's eyes went wide with shock and horror at the same time. His small hand was covering the already reddening imprint of his father's hand, tears falling down his cheeks without him even noticing.
"You are no suitable heir to the family name and the Academy with this weak, almost no self control. Believe me Damien, if it wasn't for your mother, I would have already gotten rid of you," his father said in low, malevolent tone of voice before he marched out of the room. As soon as the door closed, his mother was by Damien's side at once, holding him tightly and rocking him back and forth. He could still smell the blood that was covering his clothes. His eyes narrowed, fangs showed up. He was angry, hungry, desperate and the only one at hand...
The taste of blood filled his mouth and Damien's eyes shot open, choking on the liquid. He would have pushed away that person away, but he was too weak, weaker than before. As he coughed, he heard some voice speaking to him, but he couldn't recognize the words. Someone was gently wiping the spilled blood off his lips as he was blinking several times, trying to get used to the dim light, Damien noticed that he was no longer limited by chains. No longer did the cold air oppressed him. In fact, he was laying down. Little by little, his vision cleared. He knew this place, it looked familiar.

"You are in your room, Damien," said a familiar voice and Damien turned his eyes towards it. He knew the face. That boy... "I am Richard. Do you remember me?" Richard... Damien repeated in his mind and slowly he remembered. Slowly and only a little he nodded his head. "You have been taken off the chair several hours ago. It's past midnight now. We have been feeding you since then," Richardexplained as someone gently pressed the orifice of the blood sack against his lips again and Damien himself didn't hesitate to drink. This time he drank more urgently.

"Slowly, Damien. You have been starved for three days if you drink too much, you body might rejected the blood," said another voice which Damien could now identify as another of his close friends from his camp. It was easily said not to drink so hastily but it was hardly done. When he didn't cease, the person feeding him took the blood sack away. Damien's immediate reaction was violent growling as he bared his fangs demanding the blood but that was just as far as he could get, still too weak to even move. Looking up at the vampire who was feeding him, he noticed the fear even though the individual tried to hide it behind a smile which didn't come out just as relaxed as it was meant to. Did his wild instincts just took over him? Would he attack them if he was in full strengths? Would he attack his own true friends because of blood? His fangs disappeared and his expression transformed into startled one.

"I...am...sorry..." Damien rasped and closed his eyes. His throat was so dry, his hunger was so great, it felt as if it would never subside. His body was itching because of the smell of blood that wafted from the blood sack. He needed it. He needed the life giving liquid and again his eyes would change behind his eye-lids and his fangs would bare themselves. No matter, how much he tried to handle his need for food, he was as powerless as a newborn. On the edge of his consciousness, past the ultimate battle with himself, he could hear some rustle as something was being moved.

"No one wants to deny you blood, Damien, but you need to try not to drink hastily for your own good. Do you hear me?" Asked Richard and Damien could feel him sitting down on the bed. Was the boy crazy? If Damien gained strength but not control over his body, he could attack Richard and kill him. No. No. NO! Damien repeated in his mind again refusing to believe that he would do such thing. "Damien. Did you hear what I said?" Richard asked again and Damien nodded weakly, fighting with all the little will he had to hide his fangs. As he managed to do so, the orifice was once again pressed against his lips but this time only thin stream of blood flowed from it making it somehow impossible for Damien to drink more than what was given to him this way.

Last edited:
Every second felt like minutes, every minute felt like hours, every hour felt like days as she waited for Damien to get down from the chair and be fed. The desire to hold him, talk to him, just look at him was stronger than her desire for blood. But she knew she wouldn't be able to handle to see him in that state again. She got thirsty while waiting, but she refused to drink even when Michael came with blood for her. As long as she weren't around humans then it wouldn't matter, she would be able to control herself as long as she didn't have to hear a humans heart beat or smell blood.

She wished that she could fall asleep, then the time would just fly by and suddenly it would be the middle of the next day. Instead she was forced by her body to stay awake and count every passing second. It made her wish that she hadn't told Christian to leave so soon.

Her thoughts traveled around, sometimes they landed on the memories that had returned while she had seen Damien. Now she understood why Isabel had been so angry, why she despised her so much. Anna had felt so sad for Isabel when Damien told her to keep away. Being rejected by the one you love is the hardest thing that can happen to a person, and there was no doubt that Isabel loved Damien.

Her thoughts traveled around to the time when she stayed with Gabriel, when he tortured her so brutally. Every detail was etched into her mind, and she could see everything so clearly. She hated him. But she could also remember his tenderness after she had forgotten about Damien, she remembered how much she had loved Gabriel. She hated that she had feelings for such a brutal man. No... He wasn't a man. He was a monster.

And like that she traveled in her memories for hours, and all the time it became more painful to look at them. Why had it happened to her? Every other human in the academy seemed to be completely fine, living in ignorance. Some seemed to know but didn't care. What she knew no one seemed to be suffering. If she hadn't started to talk to Damien that day, would her life had been different? After all, if they hadn't become friends, and then a couple, then Gabriel wouldn't have been interested in hurting her. Where did the guilt lay? Was it her for coming to the school? Was it Gabriel for not thinking about anyone's feelings? Was it Damien that knew Gabriel were up to no good and still he let that happen at the ball? Was it hers for speaking to Damien?

She went around with her arguments between the different people, and it all came back to her every time. It seemed to her that everything was her fault. Gabriel and Damien would always had fought each other, if Anna hadn't come then Damien would probably never had killed Gabriel.

Eventually the next day came and eventually Damien was taken down from the chair. But Michael made her stay in her room until Damien at least had woken up. Michael went many times to Damien's room and listened outside it if it seemed like he had woken up. If he could hear his voice or not. Around midnight he could actually heard them talk to Damien, which meant he was awake. He listened just a minute longer just to make sure, and sure enough, soon came Damien's voice.

It seemed like he just had woken up, so he didn't want to tell Anna about it immediately. It was better if Damien got to rest and drink for at least an hour or so before she went there. Actually he didn't want Anna close to a starved, probably angry, and hungry vampire at all for the next twentyfour hours at least. But he knew that she probably would want to rip his head off if she got to know that he stalled her for that long.

Michael went to Anna around one in the morning and told her that Damien had woken up. She was fast up on her feet but he stopped her.

"Have you eaten?" He asked her a bit suspiciously. Newborns could be very unpredictable when they were hungry, so even if she would go into a room with a vampire he wanted to make sure she didn't feel hungry. In the end he forced her to eat before she went since he wouldn't let her leave without at least one blood bag in her stomach. Since Anna knew he was too strong for her she just ate without complaining.

Soon she was standing outside Damien's room, she felt her heart beat incredibly fast, but she knew that it was only her mind playing tricks on her since she didn't have a heartbeat. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. One part of her hoped that he would be alone so that she could talk about whatever she wanted to talk about, and another part wanted there to be more people in there so that she wouldn't have to be all alone with whatever emotion he had towards her. She was afraid that he was angry, she was afraid that he might reject her like he did Isabel.

Status
Not open for further replies.