I'll Be Your Hero (Mae Renea & Charlise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elias froze. Talk? He was never asked that before. Nobody cared enough to ask him about what was wrong with him. Mainly because no one ever knew. He never showed other. It was a sign. He was growing weak. He didnt like that. But lately his past had been eating at him. His mother. The one who was supposed to be his favorite woman; she was the woman that made him afraid of every woman on the planet. Having emotions hurt people. Ruined people. Elias's body began to shake as he fought the urge to cry. No one ever saw him crying except for Kyle. And Elias crying was very rare. He needed to stop this. Now. Before he showed a side of himself that he didn't want her to see. "Do something to me. Anything. Please." He whispered.

"Don't be sorry. I get it. It's kind of the same with us. People don't see Elias. Not the real him. Sometimes neither does he." Kyle stopped. He was sharing too much. He broke the conversation by taking bites of his steak, which had been better than the first time. But in his mind, he didnt know what he would do if Elias hurt Aqua. He knew their roles. They were their siblings' protectors. Keepers. But then, who would protect them?

Aqua wasn't sure what he meant, when he shook she kind of put it all together. Baylee was like that when thinking about something bad, she sighed, moving so Elias can go in her arms while she held him. She placed kisses on his forehead and neck when she good reach it. She didn't understand what he meant by do something but she wasn't going to leave. She was going to be there for him. With a kiss on his cheek she whispered that she was there for him.

Baylee nodded, she could relate. Aqua really is sweet but Baylee only remembers a few real smiles the girl gave. She took a bite of the salad before looking at him. "I think I know what I want to write about," she said. She wanted to write about finding inner peace with yourself. It was what she desired for Aqua but possibly herself too. Now, how could the character find their peace, finding peace with someone else she believed was bullshit.

Her words to him...sparked something. Good or bad, he didn't know. But when all of his body wanted to rip her clothes off, instead something took over. His arms did nothing but slowly curve around her waist. For the first time ever, he held someone. Close. He squeezed his eyes shut. No tears would fall. No matter what. Elias wouldn't cry.

"Yea? Cool. Well let me know if you still need my help. If not it's Cool." He finished up his meal, feeling almost full. He hadn't ate Good like that in a long time. He didn't ask what she decided to write about. He knew what she said about being personal so he didn't want to invade in her privacy. She would share if she so chose, and he would listen.

Aqua laid there, holding him as he held her. Only Baylee ever held her, but it was different with a man. For once she didn't feel like she had to thrive for anything. She was content with what she had.. Or what she had momentarily. She didn't know exactly what was going on but she would listen if he decided to. She held him close, before she even started realizing she was singing the Butterfly song. It was a calming song for her and Baylee, she was hoping it could calm Elias down.

Baylee nodded, "I will, I want to write about finding peace bu-" the house phone went off, she stood, "Hold on." She got up and answered the phone, "Hello?" On the other end was a cold and deep voice that she remember, her bluish-green eyes went gray as she listened to the voice. "How'd you get my number?" She asked, her voice cracking. She couldn't look at Kyle. She felt numb as the voice stated, "I'm out, I hope you missed me." before cutting out. She hung the phone up slowly, her head pounding. She shook it away looking at Kyle. "I.. Um.. Where were we?"

Her voice, it was something heaven sent. His shaking ceased. His arms relaxed around her and his breathing calmed. That's when he was hit with a slap of reality. He couldn't do this. He didn't want it, or so he claimed. Fear wasn't a word he liked to use. Slowly he pulled away. When he did, his eyes connected with hers. Another rule broken. Never keep eye contact. But he coudlnt help it. Aqua's eyes were beautiful. He felt like staring into them was like a vacation from the world.

"Baylee?" Kyle slowly stood and walked in Baylee's direction. That tone, it was too familiar. Furthermore, that question had came from his and Elias's mouths many times. He stood to her side. "Hey, Everything okay?" She had asked where were they. His question was, where was she?

Aqua smiled at him softly, seeing he was doing better. Her blue eyes connected with his, she didn't know what to say or do. Instinct said kiss him and have fun but she didn't move. What he felt was traumatic, unless he initiated it she couldn't start. "I.. We're breaking a few unspoken rules, aren't we?" Her courage asked.

Baylee lied as she nodded her head, her hues still a stormy gray. She watched Kyle walk to her, she wanted to yell at him not to touch her but he had nothing to do with why she wanted to yell it. He asked if she was okay and though she nodded she couldn't bring herself to say it out loud. She didn't even notice how she touched a scar on her hip as her legs grew too weak to hold her. What's worse she didn't want Aqua to know. She had to be the one to protect Aqua not the other way around.

His eyes narrowed as he nodded in agreement. "Yea.Yea I think we did." He added with a small chuckle. The fact that they both knew and admitted it meant something. and what was worse was that Elias didn't back away, as he should have. He ran his fingers through his hair amd sighed. "So, what now?" That was a question the women always asked.

"Baylee? Really, what's wrong?" He didn't like this. The scene was too familiar. It was as if she was shutting down. Elias did that. Then he saw her hands travel to her hips. He watched with a confused look on his face. Though it hadn't been shown he knew. Something was there. His eyes widened and he took a step back as it registered to him. Something happened to her. And it involved whoever was on that phone. He saw her weakening. He couldn't let her fall. "Baylee? Baylee I'm getting close to you, I'm going to hold your arms so you don't fall, okay?" He wanted to say it to her before he touched her, just to prepare her. He placed his hands on her arms, above her elbows to keep her up. He needed to call Aqua.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aqua shrugged, "This time I don't have an answer," she gave a light chuckle. "Never been quite like this," she explained with a slight shrug. For once she was clueless as to what to say or do. They both knew it wasn't a fling, if it were to even go past what it was now.

Baylee finally found her voice, "I just want to sit down," she said moving slowly to the couch. She wasn't sure how he was reading her but she didn't care as she tried to breath. "Don't tell Aqua, I can deal with it on my own. She just doesn't need to know." She said quietly.

"Yea. Neither do I...." Elias racked his brain in attempt to figure out why Aqua? What had been so different about her? Maybe it was her obvious beauty. Maybe it was her smile and attitude. All of the women he'd seen before had been someday. Aqua was far from it. She had attitude. She was strong. Suddenly he had to know. He needed an answer. Their situation had been so unpredictable that he couldn't go on without knowing something anything. "What do you want, Aqua? What do you want to do?"

Kyle sat close to her, barely touching her. "Baylee, you shouldnt do this yourself. I dont know whats going on or what happened, but..." Now he felt like he was talking to Elias. It wasnt putting him in a good place. And he had taken his meds. He needed to do something to help her but he couldnt if he didnt know the problem. "I dont know what to do. Tell me what to do."

Aqua listened to as he asked, she felt her heart pound. "That's just it, I don't know. Anyone else I would say no to anything official but if I said that to you I would be lying." She didn't feel like she had to thrive for attention. Baylee told her this would happen.

Baylee looked to Kyle, her eyes gaining color again. She could tell Kyle had a hero complex, but then again she did too. "Before I met Aqua, before I met the Novikov's, I was in the foster system. I always some how ended up in the same home with someone I trusted with my life." It hurt her to explain, "I don't know what I did but one day he... He raped me with a knife at my stomach." She held her strength, breathing deeply, "It took a while, I was Seventeen before he got put in Prison and I left... Aqua followed. Her dad got us this place... He just got out and... I..."

If Elias was to be honest, he didn't know how to have a girlfriend. It was merely a title. He had no idea what it implied. He hadn't been a soft sensitive being but she was changing him. He knew that. But the fact remained. He couldnt trust. He didnt know now. And he couldnt tell her why. That was going too far, wasnt it? She'd never be with him if she knew. "Im not used to this. I dont know how."

"Wait, what?" Kyle couldnt help the base in his voice. It was worse than he thought. Rape. Her words cut through him like a steak knife. His heart, it ached for Baylee..He was right. He had been here before. The look in her eyes, her body movements or lack there of. It hit him hard. And it wasn't Good. He knew of the cruelty in the world. But, it was happening to people he cared about. And Yes, Baylee and Aqua was now on that list. And now the bastard was out. He had to have threatened her. That didnt sit well with him, but Kyle couldn't do this. Not alone. He could feel it happening. He hadn't medicated for the day. Quickly as he could, he ran for her phone and dialed Aqua. He ran back to her and sat close as it rang. He knew she wouldn't understand, but he needed someone else there with them, and he didnt want her out find out why.

Aqua was about to speak before her phone went off, its only been less than twenty minutes. She answered quickly, "Hey? What's wrong?" She asked, she could hear Baylee whispering "No, don't tell her." It frightened Aqua, "What's wrong?" Her voice demanded.

"Baylee Im sorry but I have to. Please trust me." He added before he put the phone back to his mouth. "Baylee needs you home. It's an emergency." He wondered if there was a way he could say something without telling the whole story, giving her the hint to be quick. "Bring my brother with you. Don't worry he won't care about bailing the hospital. Tell him....tell him it's happening. He'll know what that means." He hung up, keeping his body perfectly still next to hers.

Aqua hung up, and quickly left his arms. "Baylee needs me, your brother says its happening?" She added, looking for his clothes to change into. "I'm suppose to bring you with me." She said, trying to rack her brain at what was going on. Baylee was at home, looking at Kyle. She knew she shouldn't have told him, not because he told Aqua, but because she could sense the anger. She didn't mean to make him angry. To be honest she wasn't sure how the bastard was out of prison.

"Fuck!" Shooting out of the bed, Elias pulled out his IV with a painful grunt, quickly wrapping something around the puncture. He grabbed his clothes from Aqua and dressed quickly. Kyle hadn't had an episode in years. It had to be bad now. "Lead me to your car." He said as he followed her out. Nurses had been yelling for him to stop. He heard nothing. His mind was focused.

"Baylee I'm so sorry." Kyle said again as he left the couch. He find himself standing in the corner. His fists were firmly at his sides. He wanted nothing but to comfort and soothe her. But he was too afraid to hurt her. So he stayed there, trying to breathe through it. But it wouldn't leave his mind. Some bastard raped Baylee. That thought didnt help. Not one bit.

Aqua quickly showed him to her car, if even he was worried it really had to be bad. She got in, shoving her keys in for her car to start, not waiting a second longer she sped out of the parking lot. She hated speeding but if something was going on she needed to hurry.

Baylee looked at Kyle, she didn't blame him. "It's okay," she promised, her arms wrapping around her. She was trying to breath slowly but each breath felt like stabs in her chest. Oliver was after her, she didn't know how or when but something was going to go down.. She just wanted Aqua to be left alone and safe.

"Its not okay, Baylee..." Kyle called out in a whisper. He hated himself for not being able to comfort her. But she hadn't realized that by keeping his distance he was protecting her. After it passed, and the episode ended, he could hold her, or do anything else she possibly asked him to. It just couldnt happen just yet. 'Aqua hurry.' He thought. "He'll never hurt you again. I promise. Understand?" He turned to her as he asked.
Elias was quiet the whole time. He had nothing to say. He just had Kyle on his mind. His first thought was that Brenda had found him. That enraged him, but he was able to keep control until he got to Kyle, hoping it hadn't happened yet.

Baylee looks down, only nodding at his promise. She was kicking herself for telling him. She liked the fact she only told Aqua and the jury. She broke that rule and now who she hoped could have been a friend couldn't stand to be near her.

Few short minutes and Aqua pulled in, she got out pulling her keys with her as she quickly ran up the steps to her apartment, glancing to make sure Eli was following. "Bay?" Aqua called out, running in to see her sitting on the couch. "Baylee, what's wrong?"

Eli followed in right behind Aqua. He looked to Baylee and frowned. Then he turned to find Kyle in the corner. He ran to him. "Ky! Ky, I'm here. Talk to me. Come on, look at me. You can do it. Tell me what happened."
"I just wanted to hold Baylee....I cant hold her."
"Kyle tell me what happened."
"He hurt her...." Kyle whispered.
"What? Who? What are you talking about?" And now it happened.
"That fucker hurt Baylee! He hurt Baylee and Im gonna kill him! How dare he hurt someone like her, the stupid prick!" Kyle growled and continued to ramble. Elias took his position. "Aqua take Baylee to the next room." He tried to sound as calm as he possibly could. He grabbed Kyle and restrained him as he fought to get free.

Aqua nodded, taking Baylee to her room and closed the door. "You told him?"
"I had to."
"What do you mean?" Aqua asked sitting on Baylee's bed and held her like she held Elias.
"Oliver called.." Aqua froze looking at Baylee, "He was standing right there so I had to tell him. Oliver is out..." Aqua blinked holding her tightly.
"I'm here Bay.." She promised. Baylee knew it but she didn't want Aqua to be the one to hold her.

Status
Not open for further replies.