I'll Be Your Hero (Mae Renea & Charlise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not good, babe. At all." He whispered as he hugged her. He never liked funerals to begin with and this was the first one he ever had to attend. "I can't do this."

Grady sipped the last of his beer when he saw Baylee come outside. "Hey. You're...Baylee right?"

Aqua sighed and nodded, "It'll be okay baby. I promise." She kissed his cheek.

Baylee nodded, "And your Grady." She said with a slight yawn. "Sorry, I'm a bit drained."

Elias just sighed and nodded. "Just let me know when you're ready to go home, okay? I'm gonna check on the kids." He said as he went to find them.

"It's okay I understand. Again, sorry for your loss. But, congratulations on the baby."

Aqua nodded, watching him go. He worried her, this was a lot to take in.

Baylee nodded, "Thanks." She bit her bottom lip, not doing well talking to anyone outside the family lately. "You knew Ky?"

Elias found the kids in the back with Redd who was entertaining them until he saw him. He stood and walked to Elias. He just liked at him. Redd cried tears of his own.

"Yea. We al graduated Brandfield High. I'd seen him every now and then after graduation until I moved. Came back last year. I ran into Elias once when I came back, he said Ky had been arrested for protecting, well I guess it was you."

Baylee looked down, her hand on the ring again. "Yeah, he was my hero, even until he..." She shook her head. "I'm sorry," she sighed. Aqua looked around and sighed.

"Hey look, sorry. That was none of my business. Just, trying to make conversation." He said with an embarrass expression, rubbing the back of his next. "How long were you married?"

"Okay kids, i think its time to go home." Elias had enough and was ready to go. He packed food for home and loaded the car. "Go get mommy and auntie Baylee. Tell them we are leaving."

Baylee shook her head, "No, your fine. I'm suppose to talk about him it's just hard." She pulled the tips of her hair. "We were never officially married, we were making plans but once he found out he didn't want to hold it to me. So, we're married in our hearts and that's what mattered.

The twins run off and only come back with Aqua. "Aunt Baylee is talking to some boy." Jessie said.
"Pft." Jeffrey shook his head.
"She's talking to Grady." Aqua added.

"Oh. Well, you're right that's what matters." He was quiet for a minute before he spoke again. "I was married once. Came back her after my divorce." He added. In a sense he knew what it was like to lose a loved one.

Kyle went through the driveway and spotted Baylee talking to Grady. "Hey Bays, we're leaving." He said and waited for her to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.