I'll Be Your Hero (Mae Renea & Charlise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle stepped away from Elias so that the doctors could do their job prepping him for transport. He pulled Aqua up with him, turning her towards him. "Don't worry. He's okay. Really. This isn't your fault, trust me. Eli has low blood sugar, he's anemic. He doesn't realize he's hungry all the time." Either way, Elias knew his eating schedule, the one he and the doctor had come up with. But like everything else, Eli did what he wanted, and was very stubborn.
"Listen I have to follow the ambulance out. Just relax, he will be fine. When you call Baylee, let here know he's okay and that I'll see her at 9." That was all he said before leaving her presence.

Aqua blinked, she didn't think Baylee was getting a ride. She waved to Kyle and got in her car, calling Baylee up.
"Hey Aq. Eli okay?"
"Yeah, Kyle is with him now. He told me to tell you he will pick you up at nine. I thought I was picking you up or riding the bus?"
"He offered. He gave me a ride to work too."
"Glad to see your being social."
"As if."
"Well," she smiled, "Still glad you got some friends. I am going to attempt cleaning."
"Sure. Good luck." The two hung up and Aqua pulled out, Baylee sitting at work going over her assignment.

Elias blinked a few times before ffully opening his eyes. He frowned in confusion as he attempted to register where he was. Once he came to the realization, he rolled his eyes and groaned. He looked to his left. There was Kyle, asleep in a chair beside Elias's bed. Then it hit him what had happened. He didn't bother waking him up. He knew all Kyle would do was yell at him. He had embarrassed himself enough for the day..he tried not to even think about what Aqua was feeling.

Aqua went home, she knew Eli would be okay but he was still worried about him anyways. She was use to worrying over people but this time it felt different. She attempted to clean house, in her mind didn't focus she went to watch TV. It was only five or five thirty now. She had until nine until Baylee got home and she didn't even know Eli's number. She could try Facebook but that would seem a bit stalkish, and lets face it: Who would be with a girl that stalks for his number on Facebook? She laid on the couch, looking up at the ceiling. If she called the hospital he was most likely gone.

The brothers just looked at each other for a moment.SSometimes a look was all the conversation they need for. Right now, Kyle knew Elias was embarrassed. And Elias knew that Kyle was moreso worried than angry. He would do anything for Elias, and Elias knew that. When others thought that Elias took advantage of Kyle, he'd just shake his head. They would never know the full story. They could never understand how dependent Elias was on Kyle. He may have seemed like a cocky know-it-all who feared nothing, but Kyle was okay with being the only one who knew the truth. No matter what, Elias needed Kyle.

Reactions: Mae Renea
Baylee sat at work, when she had no customers she was working on making her characters. They had to be relatable that could show what she desired growing up. Baylee wasn't sure what to think her desire was. She had two families that meant everything to her until she had Aqua. She always thought she wanted a family but actually thinking about it she was fine with just Aqua. She loved Aqua, like a real sister would. She could write about how she wanted the boy she cared about, only that would bring up bad memories. She sighed, jotting down character traits and blinked when she realized the main character was a lot like her. She ripped the page out and through it in the trash.

Aqua never had such a slow day, she never had classes on Friday and she never did homework, like essay's. She sighed, glancing at the TV that was trying to sell some sort of tomato blinder. After getting enough of it she got dressed and went to the café. She could most likely do something there for a bit. If she really gets that she did bring her homework. She was a sucker for kids and wanted to be a day care worker.

Kyle looked at the time. It read 8:30. He stood, gathering his jacket and his keys. "I'll be back later. I already let them know."
"Where are you going?" Elias asked. For some reason, Kyle didn't want to tell him. Knowing him he'd make a huge deal about it. But, he promised him no secrets, not after Kyle was diagnosed.
"I told Baylee I'd pick her up from work."
"Oh, shit! Way to go, bro!"
"Shut up. I'll see you later. Try not to flirt with any nurses." He said with a playful eye roll as he left the room. On his way to the car, he texted Baylee on the number she'd given him to let her know he was okay.
Then he made it to his car and made his way to Hot Topic. He still had 15 minutes until he was off, so he decided to go in and like around while he waited.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Baylee gave the number.)

Baylee received a text from an unknown number, if it wasn't for the fact he was saying Eli was okay she wouldn't have known. She texted Aqua to let her know before she packed up her things. When he walked in she looked him over, he looked tired from sitting with Eli. "Hey stranger, let me punch my card and I'll be right out." She said going in the back to punch out and went out to meet him. "Ready?"

(Edited. Thanks!)

Kyle had been looking over some of the need music they had displayed as Baylee came back out. When she spoke to him he simply nodded, making his way for the door. He held it for her, then walked to the car as she locked then door behind her.
"How'd work go? You hungry?" He asked as he pulled onto the main road from the parking lot. He needed something to talk about so that his mind didn't wonder too far. He thought of one of his 7 tattoos, the one that said "My Brother's Keeper." That had been a true statement in more ways than one.

Of course Elias didn't listen to Kyle. He'd flirted with every nurse he saw. Luckily he hadn't seen one young enough to be swayed by his amateur charm. But it kept him busy from thinking. It wasn't like him to have a specific girl on his mind, and it wasn't something he wanted to here used to.

"Work was fine," Baylee commented putting her bag on the floor. When asked if hungry she shrugged, she wasn't so good at small talk. "I can eat at home, Aqua can't cook so I know she is hungry." She said, looking out the window. "Thanks for picking me up." She added, biting her lip before looking at him. "What are you and your brother doing about five tomorrow?" East Trail Memorial Park was having a Gathering of the Bands. It's where a whole bunch of musicians just relax and all playing respective music. Aqua was dragging Baylee, if not figuratively she would literally.

Aqua found most of the boys that she flirted with to be obnoxious which was odd for her. She loved to flirt but she just couldn't stumble on any boy she found worth her time. She sighed and left, looking up the number of the Hospital, it was worth a try, "Hi, is um..." She didn't know Eli's last name, "Is an Elias in one of the hospital rooms? ... Nineteen? In for blood sugar? ... Yes, that's him. May I be transferred to his room? ... Thank you." She waited patiently for an answer feeling stupid for calling.

Kyle kept his eyes on the road. He frowned slightly at her question. Not because he didn't like her asking, but moreso because she didnt think she was fond enough of Elias to ask about him. He was just surprised. But he rolled with it. "Im not doing anything. And nine times out of ten niether will Elias. The kid is a vampire." He added, part of an inside joke. They always called each other kid. Elias slept late and partied late every chance he got. So he knew Elias would probably be in bed most of the day. "Why, what going on?"

Elias always jumped when he heard the phone ring. He frowned slightly in confusion. If it were Kyle he would have called his cell. Still, he leaned over and grabbed it from the hook. "Hello?"

"Gathering of the Bands at East Trail Memorial, Aqua and I are going and I figured you might like it." She said with a shrug. Of course that is if Eli and Aqua already didn't stop their games and started disliking each other. She looked back out the window before it dawned on her he didn't know where she lived. Grace Valley Apartments where beautiful, and nothing to be ashamed of unless of course you didn't like people thinking you were a spoiled Daddy's girl when it really was your foster sister. "I can walk from the Valley." She said quietly.

Aqua bit her lip, "Hey, just calling to check on you. It's Aqua, I hope you don't mind me calling." She said with a blush that he luckily could not see.

Kyle thought for a moment. He was surprised he hadn't heard about the went before now. Even still, if he went he didn't think he would play. It was something for him to think about. Furthermore he didn't do big crowds and tons of people. So technically, Baylee would be his only reason for going. "Well I'll see if Eli wants to go, but I'll be there. It's really late, I'll just take you the whole way. Where's your house? It's not a big deal if it's far. I can find my way around."

He froze. Aqua was the last person he expected to call. He didn't think she would ever want to be bothered with him again after what she saw. Usually when a girl called him he spoke in his sexy voice and gave some weak line about missing them. But since day one, Aqua had thrown him completely off is game. "Hey. No, no it's fine. Uh, I'm Good. Doing ok." He wasn't sure what else to say. He was too embarrassed. But he wasn't the kind of guy to apologize. "How are you?"

Baylee bit her lip, "Grace Valley Apartments," she spoke softly. She was glad he wanted to go, but he said something about studying music so he was probably interested in the music other people where playing. It wasn't like a big concert or anything. She fished in her backpack and grabbed out a twenty. "This enough for the gas you wasted on me today?"

Aqua chuckled, "I'm alright just glad your okay," she said pulling out of the parking lot finally. "You shouldn't do that," her scolding came off a little too sweet. She looked at the time, Baylee should have been on her way home. "I hope we can hang out again, just next time eat." She sounded like she was smiling.

Kyle looked at the paper in Baylee's hand, and then back at her after he parked. He didn't move. "No it's fine. Really. Just wanted to help out, you know? Besides, this car has a lot of miles that my idiot brother likes to run. I make him pay for it." He tried to make a joke out of it. There was no way he was accepting that from her. For some reason he rode her home, just because he wanted to. "But I'll see you tomorrow, right? If you really want to pay me back, just bring some of that awesome music of yours. Can't wait to hear it. You guys are really good, you know."

Kyle didn't quite know how to respond. He couldn't stand people telling him what to do. But when he thought about it, she really wasn't telling him, but moreso making a suggestion. He hadn't been used to that at all. He didn't like people worrying about him. It was bad enough Kyle did it. So he decided to skate around that factor, talking about something else. "Well from the looks of things you know where I am. It's not like I have anything better to do then lay here..." he squeezed his eyes closed and smacked himself in the forehead. He was shocked at himself. 'Classic move, Eli.' he thought. After all, who invites a girl over to the hospital to hang out? Hopefully she wouldn't reject him for being such an idiot.

Baylee tried to give a half-smile, she put her money away. "We usually sit under that big tree on the far end," the tree was fat and huge. "I'd really like to hear your music too," she popped the door open before searching for the car. Aqua must have been gone, great now she can cook without Aqua's bad help. She looked to Kyle, "I know its late but are you hungry? I'm about to cook dinner, if you want bring Levi a plate." Eli does sound a lot like Levi.

Aqua chuckled, she wasn't sure what they could do there but he must have been bored. "Alright, I'll come over." She turned the blinker on to go down the road near the hospital. "Less than five minutes away, I am coming from the Cafe."

This was unlike him. Chuckling as much as he had today. He didn't send a lot of time laughing simply because not much had been funny. But each time laughter ccame from his lips she had been the cause. "Levi. Nice. Yea sure, why not?" He turned off the car and exited the car as she did, following her into the apartment building, which to him had been huge. Their apartment had been big, but not as big.

"Okay. See you soon." Player rule number one, never ask/invite the girl. He broke that rule. Twice. He shook his head at himself contemplating ways to redeem his status.

Reactions: Mae Renea
Baylee blinked when he laughed at her, "That's not his name is it?" She said a tad embarrassed. When he got out she went up the steps, she and Aqua lived second floor, stairway four, left door. B13. She grabbed her key out and unlocked the door to allow them in the apartment. The apartment was at least four bedrooms with huge kitchen and living room. It was slightly smaller than a Condo. "Sorry about the mess," she mumbled picking up what Aqua sprung out of boredom. She gave a half irritated sigh, stuffing the stuff in Aqua's room before going to the fridge to get the stakes out to put in the oven.

Aqua pulled up, she wasn't sure if it was visitor hours or not. She walked in, asked for the room, and they asked the relation of the patient, "Um, girlfriend." For once didn't taste like rust calling herself a girlfriend. When they allowed her in she knocked lightly on his hospital room door, "May I come in?" She asked, she didn't want to walk in of he was changing or something. The door was closed after all.

Kyle laughed as he followed her. "It's Elias. Or Eli. But I'll just call him Levi." As he entered their apartment he couldn't help admire it. Thinking immediately about his apartment it could have accepted a woman's touch. That would nevet suit well with Mr. Playboy. He saw countless pictures of Baylee and Aqua. Their relationshio had been similiar to his and Elias's. The thought warmed him oddly. After a whike of looking arounf, he finally joined Baylee in the kitchen. "Need help with anything?"

"Yea, come in." He shouted at door. He sat back, feeling a little weaker than usual. But he still kept his dashing smile as she appeared in front of him. "There's the sexy waiter."

Baylee looked up and over at him as she pulled the pan out. "Yeah," she went and got the vegetables before taking it to the island and getting a cutting bored, "cut these up for a salad?" She asked going back to the stove looking at the stakes. Didn't dawn on her he didn't know about Aqua not eating meat. Not everyone likes Veggie stakes. She cut off a small piece to fry it in a tiny frying pan before staging it with her fork and taking it over to him. "See if you like it first. It's Veggie Stakes."

Aqua gave a soft giggle making her way over to his bed. "Me sexy? I bet if you stood I that gown I could see your ass." She said before placing a kiss on his cheek. She usually wasn't so affectionate, when she noticed she pulled back quickly. "Um.. Glad you feel better." She said uncomfortably, why did she show up again? Besides to see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.