Igniting Hearts!

Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street(?), Bookshop

Their savior finally gave their name. Kaede Kiyabu. She gave an explanation of this strange alternate world beset by monsters and where chosen 'Mahou Shoujo' - Magical Girls existed to face them. Apparently, the fact that they were able to move in this strange setting meant that they too, were among those chosen.

Chosen. That was the thing that the phone app had mentioned.

Even though Sasara had seen all of this and experienced it firsthand, there remained vestiges of herself still trying to cling on. Refusing to accept that the 'normal' that was there just minutes ago was no longer applicable. That this strange understate to the regular world indeed existed, and that she could no longer be as blissfully unaware of it as she used to.

It was all so unfair. Having that stolen from her.

Just because she liked a magical girl show didn't mean she wanted to enter a magical girl world to a depth beyond simple daydreaming. If she could choose at this point, she didnt want to have anything to do with it.

But, this absurd was reality. Reality as she was now forced to know it as.
There was no comfort in any of this.

Sasara flinched, as Snowball spoke up. It was just now that she realized that the girl's arm was swinging unaturally. Like it had become disattatched. She turned away form the ghastly look. Yes, Snowball was literally used like a club by that monster in it's last moment. However, Snowball's arm was like a mere twig on a larger bramch - it was no suprise that her arm could snap after having that force applied to her.

The other girl also seemed to have taken a sort of head trauma from being slammed into. Despite her injury and general wooziness, she attempted to help support the broken arm by making a splint. Sasara didn't know anything about medical care save far beyond applying a band-aid. The fact that she was able to transform was all that kept her from receiving any major damage.

"Then... the shows... ya know...? cough They're all some sort of cover...!? And I'm a... ma... mahooou..."

"You're not a... magical girl, Miss Lumipallo. There's no such thing, and whoever 'chose' me, obviously chose wrong. The first thing I did, as predicted, was run away and get myself in even deeper trouble."
"I'm not worthy of being a hero, let alone a magical girl."

Sasara felt like she was even more helpless. Even in her transformed state, she couldn't do anything. Wasn't a magical girl supposed have Magical powers? So far, all Sasara has done was fail miserably at wacking at things. Even then, all she managed to do was destroy her only weapon.

She spotted her card laying on the floor. It got knocked away from her when the monster attacked. Picking it up, she dusted it off a little.
The card looked.. a lot like a kind of trading card that some of the boys at school liked to collect and play with. It had a picture of a strange person with green hair holding a glowing orb.

This was the card that appeared in her hand after she transformed. The card's title text read something along the line of "Dean Ketou the Cure Master"

Snowball and the other girl definitely needed a cure, but a trading card wasn't going to be able to do anything to help.

"I'm Sasara Kaidou."

Sasara finally spoke up, introducing herself to Kaede with a mix of relief at being saved with dread at their current situation.

"...Thank you again for saving us, Kiyabu-san. But, us being chosen as magical girls has to be some kind of mistake. Even me.... I don't think I'm the right person to be doing this. I can't even use magic or fight at all."

@Skyswimsky as Kaede Kiyabu
@Luma as Snowball
@Karyra as Other Girl

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky and Luma
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street
@Ehb as Weirdo #1
@Skyswimsky as Weirdo #2
@Karyra as The regular person​

Snow returned a concerned look back at Akane.

"Are you sure you're alright... Akane...?" she nodded only when Akane began to stand in her own two feet.

"You're not a... magical girl, Miss Lumipallo. There's no such thing, and whoever 'chose' me, obviously chose wrong. The first thing I did, as predicted, was run away and get myself in even deeper trouble. I'm not worthy of being a hero, let alone a magical girl."

"I'm Sasara Kaidou. ...Thank you again for saving us, Kiyabu-san. But, us being chosen as magical girls has to be some kind of mistake. Even me.... I don't think I'm the right person to be doing this. I can't even use magic or fight at all."

Snow pondered everything hard, before she finally stepped forward and spoke up...

"Okay, first of all: I used to think there was no such thing as a hungry tooth monster, ya know... until the hungry tooth monster made a pretty good argument for its existence," Snow rubbed her neck again with a faint cough. "Besides, look at Sasara... look at— cough —Kaede... either this exists or I'm crazy, and if I'm going to be crazy, I'm going to do it well!"

Snow put one hand firmly on her hip: a dramatic, confident pose that was sorta ruined by the other, limp arm, and the occasional eye twitch caused by pain.

"And second: what's with the trashy self-confidence...?! You!"

Snow pointed to Akane.

"The first thing you did was run away, which was definitely pretty stupid, ya know? But uhm... the second thing you did... was run forward when it mattered most! I've never had a friend do that for me before...! And you!"

Snow's finger swerved to face Magical Sasara.

"You're new to Hisashiro this year, right? Are you planning to make that same excuse in class? You're not the right person to do geometry because you can't yet?"

She shook her head adamantly.

"It's not about can or can't, because you can! I know it! So what's left is... do you want to?"

Snow's focus now began to migrate between Akane and Sasara, her voice growing more and more confident with each word.

"Do you want to know what it's like? Being part of a team? Having each others' backs? Working together toward a common goal? I had that once... and I miss it, ya know? I'd love to have that again, but this time, I want to know what it's like being on a team with a better goal! A goal to help people, instead of making them miserable all the time! And someday... I'd like to become the kind of person who would do for you two what you both just did for me..."

• Spicy
  • Thank You
Reactions: Skyswimsky and Ehb
illust4.jpg

A rousing speech. Fighting through pain and the outright fear of this situation, Snowball Lumipallo had mustered a deep but strong sentiment and feeling that she was able to translate into very spirited words. She adressed both of them. The other girl... who Sasara was finally able to get a name out of beyond just another girl - Kaede. Snow stressed her cowardice.

And to Sasara - something about how her demeanor in this life threatening situation had some sort of application, directly to school's geometry class. Sasara could indeed perform gemoetry though. And right now Lumipallo was making swinging acute angles with her arm which was really, really hard to watch.

"It's not about can or can't, because you can! I know it! So what's left is... do you want to?"

She said, looking between the both of them.

"Do you want to know what it's like? Being part of a team? Having each others' backs? Working together toward a common goal? I had that once... and I miss it, ya know? I'd love to have that again, but this time, I want to know what it's like being on a team with a better goal! A goal to help people, instead of making them miserable all the time! And someday... I'd like to become the kind of person who would do for you two what you both just did for me..."

She was really getting into it. The stuff that Sasara had done earlier... there was nothing special about it. Sasara's body had simple moved on it's own. Maybe it was the same for the other girl too... err I mean Kaede.

Sasara could appreciate Snowball's feelings, she really could. But there remained a really big elephant in the room throughout that entire speech.

Looking at Snow swinging around the whole time Sasara's perturbed expression at the girl's broken arm also seemed synonymous with looking very unimpressed at Snow's efforts overall.

"...Lumipallo-chan. That's all very nice but you do realize your arm is broken, right?"

@Skyswimsky as Post Already
@Luma as Broken Arm Snow
@Karyra as Finally Kaede

Last edited:
  • Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street
@Ehb as Sasara Kaido​

"It's just Snow; and of course I know it's broken!!" she answered indignantly. Maybe that was part of what kept this crazy motivational talk going... a distraction from the pain.

"But after all this time: I'm sick of bullies! And right now, the both of you are bullying yourselves...! Anyway, how do we get out of here!? Because this is REALLY starting to hurt!!"

• Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky
Pixiv.Id.5279612.full.2845716.png

K͡i̢r͢ik͠i͘r͘i̡ St͞r̷ee͟t (Od͜a)
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God, Kaede
@Luma // Snowball
@Ehb // Sasara​

The cotton candy girl introduced herself as Sasara Kaidou, and Akane quickly bowed -or rather slightly tilted over- and said, "I'm Akane Tachibana. S-sorry about the late introduction..."

Akane shook her head and started to pull at an event banner, tearing it up and moving back to Snowball. Akane quickly apologized before preparing the sling and putting the broken arm into it. After a bit more fussing to make it tight enough so that if they had to run it wouldn't hurt, Akane nodded.

"And second: what's with the trashy self-confidence...?! You!"

Akane flinched in no small way when Snowball pointed at her. Now she was going to say something mean... this was how it went.

"The first thing you did was run away, which was definitely pretty stupid, ya know? But uhm... the second thing you did... was run forward when it mattered most! I've never had a friend do that for me before...! And you!"

"I... I wasn't thinking about saving you. I was just... mad. That thing had been laughing at me, you know?"

"That's big talk for a girl who called me-" Akane said, biting off the end of her bitter sentence.

"But after all this time: I'm sick of bullies! And right now, the both of you are bullying yourselves...! Anyway, how do we get out of here!? Because this is REALLY starting to hurt!!"

"Who needs a pathetic tumor anyway?!"
Akane yelled. "The only thing I'm good at is just standing next to someone worthwhile!"

"You're the one who taught me that, Miss Lumipallo. I'm not playing buddy buddy with you and forgetting all that you did...! Hanako is...! I...
" Akane started crying. Akane took a deep breath, but the tears still flowed as she steeled her resolve to try and think clearly. "Let's just get out of here alive. Miss Kaede can clearly tell us what's happening later, but since the three of us are about as useful as wet noodles, let's just... let's just go. Where do we need to go, Kaede?"

Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana​

Snowball shut her eyes tight, tears falling from the closed slits. It wasn't entirely clear what did a better job of hurting her: Akane's words, or the vigor with which she fastened the sling to her arm. After standing there shaking for a good long moment, Snow opened her eyes again.

"Well obviously I was stupid and wrong, and I'm sorry," Snow apologized, though everything she said was strained from emotion and pain, so the words came out harshly. "You shouldn't just believe everything people tell you..."

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Ehb and Skyswimsky

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Time: Afternoon
FREE-ROAM MODE

Unavailable: Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Security-San, Norichii Hiroma
Around: Kaede Kiyabu(With Snowball&Akane), Mystic_Muffin(???), Chihaya Mikage(???)
Available: Meguru Chise(Oda), Hanako Mirai(With Snowball&co), Ella Curtis(???), Runo Algeru(Oda)

@Karyra @Ehb @Luma
Kaede was silent for a good while as she observed and listened how the three reacted to her very light exposition. Mixed, would be what Kaede could describe it at best. With the ex-bully spearheading the most amount of motivation to just do it.

Ultimately, however, the general census seemed like to just have it be over now. Which was very understandable under these circumstances.

"There's still a lot more I have tell you, regardless of what you'd want. But, for now, you're right." Meaning nobody specific. "Get some good rest and lets meet up later this week. I can answer all your questions then, too! I also have to ask you to keep this a secret from anyone else. As for returning..." Kaede went silent for a moment. "Yes, I can do that. You'll end up in the very same place you're standing at right now, and while there are powers in place that will ensure nobody is going to ask questions how you've suddenly ended up from one place in another, I'd highly recommend to get back to where you have been before..." The girl smiled.

"If I am not mistaken... you were all in the same floor of Oda?" She gave them a nod, her clothes making her turn around before about to walk out of the bookstore. "Also, Snowball, while these shows certainly stemmed from something real, I doubt they are anything more than that." Expecting the other three girls to follow her back into Oda, Kaede went on.

... "Oh, we should likely exchange Momoji tags!"
... "Don't worry about your costume, it'll go back to normal soon enough..."
... There were still a few mouth monsters and smaller floffballs around ...

Once inside, Sasara went ultimately back to her new group of friends while Akane and Snowball grouped up with Hanako and Kaede, who get her wheelchair back from the toilet.

With everything set in place, a few more seconds passed before time continued to flow again. No speed-up, a single blink, and everything was back to normal.

"-mband!?" Ino finished her sentence. As if nothing had ever happened. Looking excited at Sasara (who, if she still had her costume, would now find herself in her normal clothes) and the others. Yuki just looked at Ino with a sigh while Karen perked up. "That is one of your customs, is it not?"

"Ah, there she is." Hanako concluded. "We've grown!" She pointed at Snowball, whose arm was now completely fine. So were Akane's wounds. "Snowball, Kaede. Kaede, Snowball." Hanako introduced the two real quick. "Now... we were playing Akane-dress-up!"

Kaede gave the two 'new magical girls' at her side a simple smile. Saying nothing. "Mhm, did I miss something?" Hanako asked, noticing the slightly different air between the three.

Nonetheless, everything was back to the usual. The kid continued to cry over the lack of soda. The woman continued their gossip.

Their comfortable reality. Just as they had left it... or was it? Every now and then, each of the three could swear they saw something in their peripheral vision. A shade of blue. A malformation in a shadow. Ghosts? Yet, the moment they focused, it was gone.

Obviously it had to be their paranoia. The day had been quite eventful, after all.

• OMG
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Ehb
Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street, Oda

Sasara didn't get this. This wall all just too much to take in. Alternate realities. Monsters. Magical Girls? The bow that was wrapping all of it together was the fact that she was inevitably tied into all of this. This was supposed be a new normal for her.

It wasn't fair at all.

Kaede said that things were safe. It was important to return to the places where they were originally before the strange anomaly took place. Between Snowball's crumbling enthusiasm and Akane's defeatism, Sasara was just tired out. She was so deathly tired that she just wanted to go back home already. Go home and sort out her thoughts... and maybe wake up tomorrow to all of this having just been some sort of bad dream.

Bidding farewell to Snow, Akane, and Kaede, Sasara returned to where she was originally. She used the short blonde girl she tried to move in frozen space as a landmark. Positioning herself just right... and:

"-mband!?"
"That is one of your customs, is it not?"

Time finally moved forward. The three girls that included the blonde one seemed to have been in some sort of conversation about something, and she had happened to be walking behind them at the time. Sasara immediately noticed she had returned back to normal - out of her outlandish outfit and form. She was wearing... the uniform to the new school she was supposed attend tomorrow? That was strange. She hadn't even attended her first day yet. Why was she out wearing the uniform now? Why was she even here? She couldn't remember anything about going to Oda today.

As far as she was concerned, it was like she had gone to sleep yesterday evening and 'woke up' to Snow and Akane's voices in what had seemed at first like some sort of fantastic nightmare. With the resumption of normal perception of time however, Sasara found herself in a very busy store. She hadn't gone shopping here too often, it was a bit on the expensive side after all. In yet, here she was - finding herself in the middle of the store like she just sleepwalked her way all the way over here.

Was she still dreaming? Was all of this just some kind of dream?

Looking around, Sasara felt her eyes light up once she recognized what she was seeing.

There was all kind of merchandise... merchandise related to MagiMagicka Politelight?! Amazing! A lot of these things you had to travel all the way to Akihabara in Tokyo in order to even get! It was like the whole floor here was dedicated to the show! How did she not even hear about this? But moreover... why can't she remember coming here? This would've been something she'd have planned to look forward to after all.

Sasara was about to go wander around the store, like a child who had just arrived at a toystore.

But this moment of bliss was interrupted, as she felt three intent gazes seem to fall upon her. It was the three girls she had been behind originally. There was one who had this naturally kind looking face, one with this naturally looking skeptical face... if that made any sense, and the very small blonde haired foreign girl.

They were all looking at her. This made Sasara very confused.

"Um."

"...Can I help you?"

Sasara asked of them, formally.

@Skyswimsky as GM

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street
@Skyswimsky as GM

"Secret.... well, I wasn't really planning on running around shouting I'm a 'Mahou Shoujo' anyway..." Snow murmured quietly as Kaede continued.

"Oh, Momoji? Sure! Mine's Snowsong13."

Snow took her place, sharing a quick glance with the other two and steeling herself for some sort of terrible experience. The actual result was... anticlimactic. Enough so to consider the possibility she'd just fallen asleep standing up, only to be woken up.

In fact, Snow might've believed that, if not for the very real pain in her arm very really going away. She was so totally distracted staring at her arm, she didn't even notice Hanako's remark on her size, waving it around in the air, and performing it a few mock tennis serves with it.

"Yes you did miss something: it's Snow, not Snowball..." Snowball insisted. "But... nice to meet you... all of you! In a more friendly sorta way, ya know...?

Snow was smiling with a blissful brightness that could melt away a harsh winter. Maybe Akane and Sasara hadn't warmed up to her yet, but Kaede had gone far enough to ask for her Momoji tag, and even wanted to meet with her again sometime! Weird, eldritch nonsense aside, this was basically her first friend!

"Anyway, I saw this cute white dress over this way when I walked in that'd go really nice with your hair. I'll be right back~!" Snow chimed in, running off to select something to 'join in the game.'

• Spicy
  • Thank You

Kirikiri Street & Area
@Luma // Snowball
@Ehb // Sasara
Akane followed orders and waited for things to go back to normal. She gave herself time by thankfully being in the dressing room when time had stopped for the first time. Chosen, huh? What a joke.

"Well obviously I was stupid and wrong, and I'm sorry,"

"You shouldn't just believe everything people tell you..."

"You weren't wrong, Snowball." Akane whispered to herself. She exited the dressing room and listened to the discussion. It even looked like her money had come back from the other world, too. Thank goodness, she had no idea how'd she would pay for whatever they picked out otherwise. Saying no would be...

Akane smiled and nodded at the introductions. "Oh, I just liked some of what Kaede picked, is all. Makes me feel better knowing that the people picking outfits aren't complete maniacs..."

"Oh how you wound me," Hanako said, putting a hand over her heart. "We'll just have to keep meeting up, I guess." Hanako looped an arm around Snowball's shoulders.

Akane tensed.

"I'm not playing buddy buddy with you and forgetting all that you did...! "

"Miss Lumipallo... please try to pick something within my budget please..."
Akane laughed. The statement from earlier was still present in her mind, but Akane wasn't going to say no to Snowball. Snowball would break her legs. Probably. Akane didn't want to risk it.

Akane sat down and patiently waited for the rest to come back with clothes from the busy store. Her hands were balled into fists, tightly closed over her knees, they left little marks. Akane's smile looked.. tight. Forced. Uncomfortable. She wanted to go cry and sit in the corner of her room for a week and never leave, but she couldn't break down. If she did, Hanako would just pity her. Snowball would try and comfort her, which would make it worse... and Kaede... Kaede was an unknown.

• Spicy
  • Creative
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street
@Skyswimsky as GM

"...!!!"

Snow instinctively grasped Hanako's arm and looked for a moment like she was about to flip her on the ground. A split-second later, she seemed to catch herself and turn it into a little 'arm hug' instead.

"Oh... sure, Hanako! That sounds great!" Snowball nodded with a smile.

When Snow returned, she couldn't help but notice Akane's distress... understandable.

"My turn~!" Snow piped in, holding out a white sundress for Akane to try. "This white dress... and this jacket, with this giant black bow, this necklace, and.... I actually have no idea what this frilly thing is, ya know? Probably something from the show. I'm sure you can make it work~!"

Snow shoved the pile of clothes and accessories into Akane's lap.

"And don't worry about money, I'll cover it," Snow declared, sending Akane her most aggressive 'friendly smile' possible.

• Spicy
  • According to Plan

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Time: Afternoon
FREE-ROAM MODE

Unavailable: Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Security-San, Norichii Hiroma
Around: Kaede Kiyabu(With Snowball&Akane), Mystic_Muffin(???), Chihaya Mikage(???)
Available: Meguru Chise(Oda), Hanako Mirai(With Snowball&co), Ella Curtis(???), Runo Algeru(Oda)

@Ehb

"Eh?" Ino looked at Sasara in confusion, as if she had just done something opposite of her character. Not even something rude, or weird. Just... pure confusion. Blank disbelief. Even for a joke, Ino had a hard time processing the few words the magical girl had just spilled forth. From her perspective, after all, it looked like Sasara was pulling a prank with a perfect poker face! From one moment to the next, just like that!

"Eeeehhhhh?! Are you pranking me!?" But this wasn't the kind of joke Ino found funny. "Is this your kind of humor?" Karen asked her, continuing to sip her drink. She was clearly not amused, too. Though carried a certain level of indifference.

Yuki sighed, putting concerned a hand on Sasara's shoulder. A somewhat kind gesture, coming from Yuki, if one knew the girl. "I don't know what she has done to you..." She clearly meaning Snowball. "... but maybe it's better to just call it off today? No hard feelings." Like a proper adult!

"Eeehhh!? But what about the cake at that cafe Sasara suggested!? And shopping, and the friendship brace-!?" Yuki let go of Sasara and put a finger on Ino's lip. "Ssshhhh... I'll buy your fat ass as much cake as you want later." The Ino became silent.

"Hmpf." Karen seemed to pout a little bit! "We've barely arrived, is a run-in with some street thug going to ruin your entire day?"

Nonetheless, it looked like the girls were somewhat acquainted with Sasara.
@Karyra @Luma
Kaede continued to smile gently, more watching the dynamics of Snowball and Akane like an adult watching two kids grow up. In a weird way. Ultimately only a quarter of clothing that Snowball ended up suggesting. A long skirt here. A light blouse there. And in-between all she also threw in a suit just to gauge the reactions of those around her! "They won't let me wear one at the hospital..."

Nonetheless, it was clear to both Hanako and Kaede that Akane grew quickly tired. "We gotta work on your stamina, girl!" Hanako gave Akane a slap on her back. "White really suits you, though! Brings forth your natural shine!"

"It's about time for me to go anyway." Kaede chimed in, still smiling. Throwing Akane a lifeline amidst this chaos. "Hospital checkup... it was nice meeting all of you, however! I hope we can repeat this."

"Huh!? Already? These doctors and white-suits should really work more around the schedule of a young bright highschool girl! How will you ever get a date like that!? Romantic hospital dinner?" Hanako seemed to be in rather high spirits by comparison, however.

Snow in the meantime got a message.

Hey Snowflake! Have you found it yet? I'm starting to feel slowly bad about this... sooo I could also just tell you! (っ´ω`)ノ(╥ω╥)

• OMG
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Ehb
Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street, Oda

They knew her name, and apparently she had said something about a cake at a cafe. That was... probably the one at Okabe's Cafe, right? But... why couldn't she remember?

Sasara was processing things as best she could - as quickly as she could.

They were wearing the same uniform as her. The one for Hisahiro Academy. But, last she remembered, when she went to sleep last night, she had it neatly hanging in her closet. But why was she wearing it now? She had never met any of the three girls before her before. In yet they knew her name.

They seemed just a confused about Sasara not knowing them as she was of them knowing who she was. Did that mean, she already attended Hisahiro for the first time? Were these people students she had made friends with there?

Those thoughts made sense. These were likely girls she had met attending Hisahiro. But, she couldn't remember them. She couldn't remember their names, their faces, or why she was even here in this store with them. Just how much time was suddenly just now missing from her memory?

"I don't know what she has done to you..."

Said the stern looking one.

"... but maybe it's better to just call it off today? No hard feelings."

"Eeehhh!? But what about the cake at that cafe Sasara suggested!? And shopping, and the friendship brace-!?"

"Ssshhhh... I'll buy your fat ass as much cake as you want later."

"Hmpf."

Pouted the foreign looking girl in Sasara's direction.

"We've barely arrived, is a run-in with some street thug going to ruin your entire day?"

Sasara felt pure panic rising in her chest. Panic for herself, but also panic in that she had apparently just been with her friends and have simply forgotten about them.

That painful, piercing aura of disappointment.

"I'm really sorry. I need to go..!" She bowed at them before she turned to leave.

Something was wrong. She couldn't remember why she even got there. There was a yet unknown length of memory that was completely lost to her. No matter how hard she tried to think, she was merely drawing blanks. Just remembering brushing her teeth and tucking herself into bed. In yet, somehow, she had already gotten her uniform and attended Hisahiro? long enough to go out with new people?

This didn't make any sense. Being a magical girl. Forgetting everything that lead up to her becoming 'chosen'. It didn't make sense at all!

Her walk hurried to a jog. As she hurried her way, dodging people on her way to get out of that store, she sincerely hoped that the exit to the store would let her escape. Out of this dream, no, this nightmare. Magical girls, monsters, and alternative lives/ She didn't ask for any of this!

She blasted out of the door as fast as her feet would let her. But she did not wake up as she had hoped.

Sasara continued to run frantically away from what she cold not understand. She had nowhere to hide though, as she had almost no idea as to where to go. She didn't want to go home. If she went there, what would she face? The answer would be there, about how large her lapse of memory was this time. But just how bad was it? Didn't she miss out on a whole month this time? A year? She didn't want to find out that answer. She just wanted this to be a bad dream.

She was so sick of this. Just how many times did this have to happen? Why was she so cursed with this 'good luck'!?

*Bump!*

"...Whoa! Hey!"

Sasara's frantic run was stopped by another girl.
But, she recognized this voice it was unmistakable to her.

"Meguru... Senpai?"
"Yeah. I was looking for you Sasara-chan. They said you went over to Oda with your friends, so I tried to-"

Meguru gently eased Sasara off her. But it was at that moment she finally noticed it.
She realized Sasara was crying.

"Hey. What's wrong Sasara?" Meguru said, softening her tone. "...You look like a mess. What happened to you?"

Sasara couldn't tell her. About the frozen world. About the monsters. About the mysterious magical girl app and how she had nearly died. But, even so, Sasara was glad. She was really glad that Meguru was able to find her first.

But she could only be honest with her to a point. Even for someone like Meguru, Sasara doubted that she would believe any of this.

"I... messed up. Senpai."

Sasara overcome with her own emotions, fell into Meguru, embracing her.

"I've messed up really bad...!"

With Sasara crying on her, Meguru could only give herself a resigned sigh. It was apparent that her friend was going to have to cry this one out until she could become coherent again. Dutifully, Meguru put her arms around Sasara supportively.

"Goodness, Sasara. I want to help..."
"...But there's not much I can do for you, if you don't tell me anything."

@Skyswimsky as Play the ED Already?

• Sympathy & Compassion

Kirikiri Street & Area
@Luma // Snowball
@Ehb // Sasara​

"My turn~!"

"This white dress... and this jacket, with this giant black bow, this necklace, and.... I actually have no idea what this frilly thing is, ya know? Probably something from the show. I'm sure you can make it work~!"

"Oh, what about-"

"And don't worry about money, I'll cover it," Snow said.

"Are you sure? You don't have to..." Akane said.

But she still went in and tried the outfit on, the frills and bow and jacket and all. The dress was simple, but just poofy enough that when she looked in the mirror before going out... for a moment felt like a magical girl. And... maybe it was okay to be that. Whether or not she wanted it or not, Akane was a magical girl now. Snowball was going to be part of that team, and she had to let go of her poisonous words.

The spectre of Akane's darkest thoughts remained still. It would wait another day.

Akane stepped out, face red. "... it's perfect... Snow." Akane shook her head. "S-sorry if that was too forward of me, but if we're going to get along... i-in class I mean... uh..."

Akane held her arm tight, trying to force out more words. But she couldn't think of anything else to say. So she returned to a previous line of thought.

"Is it really okay for you to cover this? Isn't that a lot of money...? I don't mind helping as much as I can..."

• Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street
@Skyswimsky as GM

"Yes, I'm sure!" Snow insisted with a smile, waving Akane off. She kept up the confidence long enough until she was gone, instantly whipping out a checkbook and flipping through; much to her own dismay.

"...crap..."

...she quickly hid it again as Akane came out.

"Wow, nice~!" Snow threw her a thumbs up, before raising an eyebrow. "Class...? We're a te-- oh, right... classmates! Yes," she nodded with a smile.

"Yeah it is... I mean uhm, nope, no, not at all, I can cover that... it should be fine!" Snow forced her brightest smile as she tried to hold back a sweat drop.

Her phone buzzed.

Oh uhm, no, not yet, but you won't believe this Muffin! I think I actually made friends! Like, multiple of them, ya know? And this time I think it's actually real!

"Anyway! I'll go ahead and pay real quick; I brought my card..."
"Sorry, girl... you'll bounce back someday...!" she added silently, stroking the poor, abused credit card with her hand.

• Spicy

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Time: Afternoon -> Evening -> Sleeps -> ???
SCHEDULED TIME-SKIP

Scheduled Time-Skip
Sometimes, the RP will employ smaller and bigger time-skips at fitting intervals — often when a specific scene pretty much concluded. Giving participants one last chance to get in some sort of replies if they so desire, or don't. Posting is not mandatory. Regardless of activity, another GM post will usually follow in the next 12-48 hours and set up place for more, and new, interactions.

NPC control is greatly extended in this small time-period, though it is strongly advised to not start something big between a post like this and the next one.

@Ehb @Luma @Karyra
"W-Wait!" Ino called out, her and Yuki looking confused after Sasara as she ran away. Though ultimately nobody chased her, and she could only end up wondering what they would now think about her once she calmed down...

At the very least, she bumped right into Meguru. And sometimes, a shoulder to cry on for the time being was worth more than a thousand words...

Meanwhile, as Snowball finished buying herself a new friend, time was cut short for them, too. "Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow in that!" Hanako teased Akane as she revealed her new dress. Giving Snowball a pat. "Snowcone got some good taste." Ultimately, it was Kaede who was the first to go - turning down any offers to 'escort' her to her hospital while potentially leaving the three up to more shenanigans. "I hope I'll see you tomorrow!" Kaede said her goodbyes with a smile, her sentence likely more for Akane and Snowball than Hanako.

☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆ Wow! That's amazing! Good job! Way better than some dumb riddle! The soda's in custody of a brown-haired female clerk of Cacti's Flower shop! Just tell her about the trash if she doesn't believe you!

With another message for Snowball, telling her about the location of the Soda, the day really seemed to have turned around. And all it had cost her was the mundane?

A worthy exchange, or?...

Nonetheless, as the sun started to settle for the evening, their new strange app had been unresponsive so far. Instead, the three were invited to a new, yet unnamed, group-chat on Momoji.

I hope the initial shock has worn off! I'm looking forward meeting you tomorrow at lunch break. Have a good night. Much love, Kaede.

• Spicy
Reactions: Luma

Tachibana Residence; Akane's Room
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God​

I hope the initial shock has worn off! I'm looking forward meeting you tomorrow at lunch break. Have a good night. Much love, Kaede.

Akane laid on her bed, plain sheets with some simple pillows, and read her message. She thought about something for a moment a flicked through her phone before replying.

It still doesn't all feel real, you know?

Like... it's all a joke. It's not, is it?

Akane then prepared another message, but deleted it.

Thanks for choosing me. I wouldn't chose me.

Her phone buzzed in her hand as she noticed a message from another person entirely. Somehow Namiko always just knew. She had posted in the shop's group chat, so that they could reach each other on a moment's notice.

I heard you had something exciting happen to you! Shopping during an event? How scandalous! You also got away with some nice swag? Oh, and also my brother is saying to come in tomorrow since I'm going to be busy. Someone enlisted my famous talents. It's nothing big, but I think he gets lonely~

I think I can manage it... I might be busy tomorrow. I'm meeting with Kaede and some others at lunch, so I don't know if we're going to do much else yet.

That's okay. I think even if you just do a quick sweep of the shop he'll be happy. Like I said, he's gonna be lonely! Oh! Take your friends, too. Maybe that can be a meet up spot~
JK but you all are welcome to come visit any time. Maybe I'll do a reading, too~
Obviously not tomorrow but anytime we can arrange it!

Akane read over the text and thought about it.

Her phone buzzed again. It was the other twin, and he had opinions on what Namiko had to say in their group chat.

I will be looking forward to it.
Namiko lies, the items in the shop need to be inventoried again and ...

The list went on, but Akane decided to get up and finally go to bed. She caught a glimpse of her outfit in the mirror, which was the one from the the store. She'd worn it out, and even catching a glimpse of it, she wondered if it really was good enough to wear out in public. Which was too late, but what would her classmates say?

She'd think about it.

Your new icon looks great, by the way, Akane. Maybe you should trust yourself more.

• Spicy
Broken Hearts
It's the start of a new, exciting, school year in Hisashiro Academy! An average day like any other was cut short by a bizarre event that defied all common sense. Three young girls going by the names of Sasara Kaidou, Akane Tachibana, and Snowball Lumipallo found themselves tied together in this strange, alternate, reality!

A fun shopping trip turned into a living nightmare. Assaulted, and nearly killed, by strange creatures with big teeth, they ultimately managed to fend off their assailants with the help of Kaede Kiyabu — a girl introducing herself as a Mahou Shoujo.

Surviving the ordeal and being told they, too, have been chosen to become Mahou Shoujo's through some weird smartphone application, the three young girls decided to resign for the day out of exhaustion. Each with mixed feelings, and their very own problems, hoping to gain clarity on the next day...

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Time: Lunch Break
FREE-ROAM MODE

Unavailable: -
Around: Kaede Kiyabu(Rooftop)
Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Runo Algeru(Schoolyard), Chihaya Mikage(Class 1-A), Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma(Class 1-A), Security-San(Hallways)

It was the second day of their new school year! A more average day than yesterday, even without the bad memories from a day ago. The first day of school was always a little bit special; for some anyway. Thus, the second day would have been a perfectly ordinary and fine undertaking. Nothing seemed out of place. Ordinary enough that one could nearly hope that yesterday was just a weird hallucination — maybe the soda was drugged?

@Ehb
Sasara's early hours at school, before lunch-break, turned out to be mostly uneventful. Regardless of how Sasara felt, the first person to engage her was Chihaya Mikage. Standing in front of her desk just long enough to be considered 'interacting without words' she simply stared at Sasara with some mixture of disgust and curiosity. Before, ultimately, moving to her own seat. Ignoring whatever Sasara could have thrown at her head.

The potential three more pleasant people in the class were rather careful too(?), or just indifferent. While Karen wasn't even interacting too much with the pair from yesterday in the first place, it was only Ino that stole a glance towards the 'magician' every now and then. A glimpse of uncertainty that held only long enough to notice before Yuki pulled her attention elsewhere for a good thirty minutes before it'd repeat. Was their friendship over? Had it even began? Would someone dare a 'first' step?

Only time, and action, could tell.
@Karyra
Akane was the talk in class. With her new outfit, she was swarmed by various people asking her random things. Clearly, the design Snowball had picked out made her really popular for the time being. Giving her barely any room to breathe, if not for the help of Hanako making some sort of space. Nonetheless, all this attention made it so much harder for Snow, Kaede, and Akane to interact with each other. Unless, of course, Akane was to spill the beans that the outfit was, in fact, picked by Snowball, in which case her popularity would quickly turn into something more ugly. Maybe, one could even think it was an extended bully scheme of the ex-bully?

The choices had already been laid in front of her, all Akane had to do was choose...
@Luma
Snowball was already used to being lonely, and even with her two new friends, it didn't seem to change too much without any action by herself. While Akane was (at first) busy being swarmed, the wheelchair girl seemed to keep mostly to herself. Being mainly in a hospital she was, maybe, too not used to have many friends...?

There was, however, Runo Algeru, who simply told her to meet him at the Schoolyard at lunch-break!
@Luma @Ehb @Karyra
Ultimately, nothing out of the ordinary happened for the first half of school, and each passing subject the events of yesterday truly started to look more and more like an exception. Except... their phones. A bzzzt bringing them back closer to this strange new truth, as Kaede had messaged them again in-between teachers changing.

If you want to find out more. I'll be waiting at the rooftop on lunch break. Much love, Kaede.

And thus, whatever blissful ignorance they might have so carefully constructed was shattered, again? Though if they'd truly do as she asked was, ultimately, their decision...

And who wouldn't want to know how a wheelchair girl got up to the roof-top!?

• Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Hisashiro Acdemy - Rooftops
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Ehb as Sasara Kaido

For once, Snow was hopeful as she strode through the halls of Hisashiro, wearing a big smile on her face. A smile so bright, others backed away in horror wondering who's dead body she'd just buried to get that cheerful. Nevertheless, things were finally turning out!

After a few more turns, she'd spotted her target: it was tough to miss a wheelchair in the hallways after all. Snow waved, calling over to her as she ran closer.

"Hi Kaede~!" As Snow approached, she launched into a hug. "It's nice to see you again, friend~!"

A few students nearby gave this a strange look.

"Ah..." Taken by surprise by Snowball's sudden invasion into Kaede's potential comfort zone, who was in the middle of arranging some papers, she simply gave the white-hair a gentle pat on the head.

"Hello, Snow." She replied somewhat courteously. "I see you're full of energy in the morning." At the very least Kaede didn't seem to mind the strange looks of others.

Snow instinctively slapped Kaede hand off as she went in for the pat, quickly apologizing awkwardly right after.

"Sorry… just a habit, ya know? How are you today? Did anything interesting happen yesterday?"

"I'm great, thank you! How about you?" Kaede asked her in return. "Yesterday? Mhm, well, I've made three new, wonderful, friends!" She then added with a slight chuckle, before adding a bit more serious. "Though hospital isn't that interesting, really..."

Snow stared at Kaede like some crazy genius. "Wha… three just like tha!?— Oh!" Snow blushed a bit. "Right, right! I see what you meant there now… ahaha..."

She tried to cough away the awkwardness.

"Have you been holding up well yesterday?" Kaede now asked. "It's somewhat new for me, too!" Whatever could she talk about!?

"Yesterday was great!" Snow insisted with a grin. "Well… okay, not the injuries, but the rest of it! It was a bonding experience! And I'm kinda used to having my mind blown like that. Compared to America, that place was actually kinda familiar, ya know? Did you know that they sell soda at every restaurant!? Giant cups of it… and they automatically refill it for you if you can somehow drink it all! It felt kinda wasteful really..."

"You went abroad?" Kaede asked with a head tilt. "And Soda kind of stuck to you?" She did notice Snow's light obsession with that sugary drink. "Doesn't it have a lot of sugar?" Though that would explain some things...

"I guess… though they're super tasty. But yeah, last year I went as a transfer student. It's part of what made me rethink… my past..." Snow trailed off, growing more somber. "I'm not proud of some of the things I've done here……. But! With you guys, I'm already feeling like this year could really work out. Just maybe, ya know?"

"I'll be looking forward to it!" Kaede gave her a thumbs up and a bright smile in return! Just in time that the school bell rang…

Snow attended class. A learning session so typical and uninteresting, the author of this post had no choice but to omit it for the sake of any would-be readers.

Despite the awful looks Snow continued to receive, for once, she was finally able to shrug them off. She had friends now! And soda! Life was good.

Her phone buzzed, bringing a smile to Snow's face. Time to see what all this weird shadow-world, magical girl stuff was all about... and more importantly: not eat lunch alone for once!

Not wasting any time, Snow threw her backpack on her shoulder and ran out of class, headed for the stairs. Unfortunately, before she could make it, a familiar figure stepped in her path, towering over her. The girl ran her hand through her long, blond hair, patting Snowball with the other one: Ella Curtis, Snow's least favorite person. The hand was swiftly slapped off.

"Move please. I have somewhere to be..."

Ella stared down at her with a smug grin.

"Oh, is that so...? Planning on stealing someone's lunch for yourself? Or maybe you'll just shove it in their face instead?" Ella accused. A few students were gathering to watch the show from a distance.

"No... excuse me," Snow tried to weave her way around Ella, but was easily blocked.

"Not even one insult... I'm surprised. Maybe you really have changed...?! How about this... why don't you have lunch with me instead?" Ella offered, putting her arm around Snow's shoulder, to her clear discomfort. "You have changed, right...? Why not, then! Let's bury the hatchet right now." She began to pet Snow on the head, dragging her down the hall. "Come on, lil' Snowball~! Let's be friends~!"

Snow began to shake more and more as she was pet. After several steps, Snow finally grabbed Ella's arm and flipped her onto the ground. "I said I have somewhere to be!!" Snow shouted in anger, instantly regretting it as several disgusted eyes focused on her... worst of all the eyes of new friends she'd just made.

"AAAAGGHHHH!! It hurts...!!" Ella cried. "I think I hit my head on the wall! Nngh...!"
"Ella, are you okay?!"
"Quick, someone call the nurse!!"
"Typical Snowball!"

"W-what... I didn't... it wasn't that hard...!!" Snow insisted.

Ella glanced over at Snow with her best 'saintly smile.' "Please, don't look at Snowball that way...!" she begged, forcing herself up with the struggling one would expect from someone who'd lost a leg, propping herself up with the wall. "I was just being too forceful!" She made a step towards Snow, suddenly stumbling back to the ground. Several of Ella's friends that Snow vaguely recognized moved in-between them with expert timing.

"Stop, Ella! You're hurt enough already! Let's get you to the nurse's office!"
"Yeah, come on... Snowball can handle herself..."

"Wait, Ella! I'd like that, ya know...? To be friends!!" Snow stepped forward, the crowd stepped back in tandem, to her horror. Ella said nothing as her friends led her down the hall, though Snow could've sworn she noticed her smirk.

"Really..."

After standing there for a few more moments, Snow ran for the stairs and headed straight for the rooftop, now seriously troubled as she opened the door.

• Spicy
Meguru Chise
Town of Hisahiro, Hisahiro Academy

Yesterday didn't quite go as ideally as she hoped.

Meguru sat at her desk, tapping her mechanical pencil at the side of her notebook. She was deep in thought about something as if trying to solve a particular math problem, or formulating some sort of prose or picture. What she was really thinking about wasnot quite as academic as those examples however. Her mind was on what had happened yesterday, when she had found Sasara. She thought back on what lead up to it.

Yesterday was the first day of classes. For one of her friends from her old school - Sasara Kaidou - it was their first day. Meguru and Sasara founded and went to the same club back in primary school. The chance to be together again was something that she'd been really looking forward to ever since Sasara told her that she wanted to go to the same school as her when she graduated. Here at Hisahiro, they'd be able to surely have new and fun adventures together, just like before. Maybe even start up a new club too.

Though she didn't exclusively plan for it, knowing Sasara, she would likely not head back home until finding Meguru to at least say hi and make conversation.

Meguru didn't want to ruin the magic of just 'running into each other' so she didn't make any concrete details about where or when they'd meet each other. Even when much of the school day passed by, Meguru still wasn't worried about not seeing her friend. But, she did get a little impatient.

At the end of the day, when clubs were supposed start, Meguru excused herself out from the track team, citing that she wasn't feeling well. In truth, she went out to go find Sasara. She was very systematic about it.

She went outside where the class placements were posted and identified which room Sasara was supposed be in. Arriving there, she worked her senpai magic and found out that Sasara got invited to go along with her friends to Kirikiri to go shop at the store that had that special MagiMagicka sale that was well advertised.

It was another step, but for Meguru this developing goose chase was right up her alley. She was just really excited. She could finally hang out with Sasara after school and scout out to see if her new acquaintances could be potential club members. Truly genius!

But... that wasn't quite what happened.

Her thoughts are interrupted by a type of altercation that breaks out in the classroom.

To sum it up, Snowball violently disowned Ella... again. This time getting some sort of arm twist for getting in the way.

Meguru didn't quite understand why Ella was going to such lengths to make Snowball so riled up all the time. The boys at school had an unhealthy obsession with foreigners and blonde hair. Ella could definitely do better in the social standings department if she wasn't known as the delinquent who got into cat-fights with Snowball.

Looking at her own plain black hair, she smoothed it back to the side of her ear. Ella, even Sasara were certainly a bit more blessed with good fortune in the looks department. Meguru had to spice up her high school debut by changing her personality from primary school... or at least the way she presented her personality. Ditch the crazy hairstyles, learn to maintain a softer expression, and come off as more outgoing by being in a sports club.

Yes, if she carried herself the way she was in elementary school, she would have a harder time starting another Magic Club. It wasn't as easy founding a club in Hisahiro as it was at her old school. She had to be 'upstanding' in order to even be considered. Sasara was a lot better at naturally doing that due to her character.

Thus, it was a shame that something so bad had happened to her on the first day.

Meguru tapped her mechanical pencil just hard enough to snap the lead at the tip.
Even with all her genius, she couldn't figure out exactly what had happened to Sasara. Or, to be more specific: why it happened again. Even after she had calmed down, Sasara wouldn't tell her much about what happened at Oda. However, in her snooping around this morning it sounded like it involved old Snowball again. Meguru couldn't say she was exactly surprised about that finding.

How convenient it was that Snowball had now just left the room.

Pocketing her pencil, she got up from her seat. While everyone was focused on checking on if Ella was okay, Meguru took the opportunity nonchalantly stroll past the grouping of students by Ella like she had other things to do. But, for a split moment as she passed by Ella, there was something very purposeful about the strides she was taking.

@Skyswimsky as Deus Ex
@Luma as Ella Curtis
@Karyra as In the Same Classroom

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy