Igniting Hearts!

Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Ehb as Sasara Kaidou
@Skyswimsky as Inori Kuko, Yukimaru Ito, Karen Eidelfield, Kaede Kiyabu
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana (more indirect, but still possible to jump in)​

"Nora...? Oh, she was that one side-character from that episode with the haunted street lamps! Um... sorry, I don't know what you're talking about though."
"Nora? Why do you care of all people...? Eh... I don't really remember, sorry."
"Erm... Excuse me..."

It wasn't clear if people were intentionally ignoring her, or simply didn't know. Probably a combination of both. Still, with so many academy students, and those related to them, around the store, Snow quickly found herself in the same position as school: alone in a crowd.

She pressed on, asking again and again. There was soda on the line, but it was more than that: if she kept on ignoring people, this awful reputation would continue on as it always had. How better to show she'd changed than to embrace the world with a kind and cheerful attitude! She'd cling to that. Through the cold shoulders; through the off-glances; she'd cling to that belief that it could change with time.

...a nice sentiment while it lasted.

In the real world, people didn't have the ability to fire explosive mind-bullets from the eyes, but every so often, one has the unfortunate experience of meeting with a gaze in which they could swear, if only for a moment, pure emotional disgust had hit them physically. The life in Snow's eyes died, and she stumbled backward a few steps, wrestling with the inner turmoil.

"..... I'm sorry....." she choked out too quiet to really be heard over the crowd as Sasara hurried off with her friends.

Unlike before, Snow found it difficult to recover. Impossible to recover. She tried approaching a few people here and there, but at this point, her mind was too distracted with that glare. A memory, spiraling around on replay, over and over again. Internal torment.

After several minutes of this, Snow's fists clenched in determination. She wasn't going to accept such a dark beginning to this new school year! Not without trying! Scanning the crowd as she strode through the store, Snowball located Sasara's pink hair and called out through the storefront with all the volume she could muster.

"SAHARA!!" The cry was loud and forceful enough to bring the noisy store to near-complete silence as several dozen eyes fell on Snow, and then on Sasara.

"I'm sorry, ya know!!! For all of it!! Really...!"

Snowball bowed her face to the ground as giggles and murmurs bubbled out from the onlookers. Some, however, seemed honestly surprised at the uncharacteristic gesture Snow was offering, turning to Sasara for some sort of explanation.

Last edited:
  • Spicy
  • Thank You
Reactions: Ehb and Skyswimsky
illust1.jpg

Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street, Oda Store

An incorrect pronunciation of Sasara Kaidou's name resounded through the store, coming from none other than the girl she had nonverbally told to leave her alone just moments ago. Normally, this strange occurrence would just get lost in the crowd, and on top of that, there was no way anyone would even know that call out was for her in particular.

Even for Sasara, she was halfway convinced that there was a 'Sahara' walking around somewhere in the store. But, unwisely, she turned towards the source of Snowball's Voice out of reflex. An unwise mistake indeed. For when she did turn around, she found the same Snowball Lumipallo eying her down fiercely. Leaving no room for any ambiguity over who she was trying so desperately to try to initiate contact with.

Snowball apologized for all forms of wrongdoing that she had done to Sasara in the past. A desire for a fresh start. The prank, the theatre, the getting laughed at was something that was entirely regrettable, and Snowball just felt so bad about it. Thus, an overdue apology was in order.

What sort of nonsense was this?
This hyperbole of an apology was so bombtastic that even other people in the store were looking between the two wanting to see how things played out. With so many eyes on Sasara and Snowball, and Sasara still in the middle of trying to cement positive first impressions with the new classmates she had just met, it was logically, a good idea to act in a way that was to benefit that endeavor - and to be conscious of her situation.

Accept the apology.
Simple as that.
But...
It wasn't that simple.

Despite the docile looks she had now, Sasara could still make out the sneering face that girl often wore.

Sasara had decided a long time ago that there were certain people that she'd never get along with, people that she would never like. In her time at school interacting with other people, and from the things she was taught, it was that people were all different. Some enjoyed different things, some liked different things. Many, many things that made people unique and it was important to support that.

But the things that made the image of Snowball Lumipallo 'unique' in Sasara's mind and memory were so abhorrent and disagreeable that she didn't want to ever have anything to do with her. Every moment that she had to face Lumipallo's insistence was tearing open holes into the cloth that was cast over unpleasant memories.

This empty and insincere apology that Snowball was thrusting onto her was completely unfair. But most importantly, Sasara Kaidou had no interest in being associated with such a shallow personality.

Refusing to answer Snowball or the inquisitive looks from the others, Sasara again disengaged. Wearing an expression of clear distress, she made deeper for the crowd. Looking for her classmates, looking for anywhere that wasn't in Snowball Lumipallo's presence.

@Skyswimsky as Inori Kuko, Yukimaru Ito, Karen Eidelfield
@Luma as Snowball Lumipallo
@Karyra as Obligatory Shock Responses

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Skyswimsky

Pixiv.Id.5279612.full.2845716.png

Kirikiri Street (Oda)
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // Kaede Kiyabu @Luma // Snowball @Ehb // Sasara
"I would make a terrible magical girl. For starters, if I encountered a monster in real life... I would run away." Akane said. "I'm not very brave; I expect that's because I'm nothing special either..."

Hanako on the other hand, smiled and declared, "then we only have three hours to make Akane cute!"

Akane blushed, "y-you don't have to..."

"We insist. Nothing better than playing dress up. Maybe we'll come again and get something for Kaede, too!" Hanako smiled as she pushed forward into the crowd.

"Hey! No pushing!" someone yelled at the trio.

"Dude, she's in a wheelchair, don't be rude," his companion chided.

The trio made their way back and Akane waited by the dressing rooms while Hanako and Kaede picked out clothing. Hanako grabbed an assortment of weird clothing and in their refuge sorted through it. There was a strange dress and shoes with wings that Akane caught when flung at her, along with a reasonable set of clothes and shoes.

ed9433134a1be15591b1449f1b7e9bb2.jpg

Akane had to dragged out of the dressing room for this one.

Akane settled on a simple pink skirt and white sweater from Hanako's selection. Now it was Kaede's turn, if she wanted to compete.

It seemed like Akane was a good sport about it, at least. Willing to try on anything, even if it was a little too silly or strange for her to wear, and Hanako knew it.

"Maybe you should pick out-"

The voice of Snowball caused Akane to flinch, but she was more surprised that she wanted to apologize at all.

"Hey, we should invite her. I heard her in class earlier. She was talking to a cardboard sumo doll," Hanako said. "If she says no, then at least we tried, right?

"B-but I don't-"

"Go for it, Akane. I Kaede needs to pick out some outfits for you still, and we have time."

Hanako slapped Akane on the shoulder and just like a chick being shoved brutally from the nest, Akane was sent out into the crowd. She wedged her way between a few and managed to get out and get a breath. The sight of white hair in the crowd with a turned back of pink hair caught Akane's eye.

She really didn't want to do this. Akane ran through a dozen and a half drafts of her greeting before robotically walking up behind Snowball and tapping her on the shoulder.

"M-miss Lumipallo..." Akane started. "W-woould you like to j-join us for shopping?"

Wait that made no sense.

"I mean, we're clothes shopping just inside with Miss Kiyabu... so I- we- uh... wondered if you wanted to join us. We heard you, earlier. That was... I never expected those words to ever be said by you... in that order. I mean! If you could join us that'd be fine! It's also okay to say no!"

Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana​

After several seconds, which felt like eons, Snow slowly straightened herself back up to find... no one there. Well, plenty someones, but not the pink someone she was looking for. The rest of the someone were throwing mixed glares at her. Everything from 'how dare you harass that girl in front of us' to 'wow, she apologized!' Nevertheless, it wasn't long until everyone was going about their business yet again.

Snow simply stared, blankly, where the girl had been before. It was a whole mix of negative emotions: anger, shame, regret... all that, and she still didn't have a clue where to find that soda. Maybe it was time she just went home.

"Eep!" Snowball squeaked, stumbling forward as her shoulder was tapped and swerving around to stare up at... the Hanako girl from class. At first, she seemed rather bothered by the gesture, but Snow's expression softened as she realized the offer that was being made. Perhaps the first kind gesture she'd been shown since returning to Japan, in fact.

"Shopping for clothes..." she repeated, trying hard to hide a lack of enthusiasm. Regardless of how she felt about the activity, and the pressing soda issue, this was a huge step forward! An opportunity that would be absurd not to take! Snowball put on her friendliest smile...

"Sure! That sounds... nice," she nodded, following Akane along and making idle conversation.

"You can just call me Snow if you want. It's way easier. You're here with Hanako right? I mean... you just kinda follow her along everywhere, ya know? Which is... well... it must be nice to have such a close friend! Is all I'm trying to say...!" Every time Snow opened her mouth, her words reminded her of a time she'd said something similar to... whatever her name was, in a horrifically harmful way.

"So... clothes...... did you find anything you like yet?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ehb

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Time: Afternoon|Stopped?
FREE-ROAM MODE?

Unavailable: Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Security-San, Norichii Hiroma, Mystic_Muffin, Hanako Mirai, Meguru Chise, Runo Algeru, Ella Curtis
Around: -
Available: -

@Ehb
"Who was that?" Ino asked. "Apparently, someone unpleasant." Karen answered. "I've heard about her!" Yuki explained. "The white-haired devil. Are you alright?" There was genuine concern in Yukimaru's voice. "Eh? White-haired devil? Ohgoshthatsoundssocool! Why is she called like that!? Huh? Huh!? Why did we not..." Yuki put a finger on Ino's lip. "I've simply heard that. You should make your own opinions, although, maybe just stay away from her?" Yuki tilted her head. "You know I'm not one for much gossip, but I mean..." Another, worried, look aimed at Sasara before, finally, dragging her closer to the three. "So alright, we were about to..."

Their conversation went on...

@Karyra @Luma
"Isn't that..." Kaede whispered to herself as she, too, witnessed the commotion happening further away. Putting aside from of the clothes she had picked out for Akane: A few simple dresses made it clear she wasn't that big into fashion.

A lot of people paid a lot of attention initially, just enough seconds to quench their curiosity before doing their own things again. It was Hanako who then pushed Akane further out of her shell. Kaede just kept smiling. "While you let Akane run through fire, I'll excuse myself for a moment..." She gave Hanako a nodding smile before rolling off towards woman's bathroom.

A few moments passed between the exchange of Akane and Snowball, the white-haired midget finally getting accepted by at least one person! Was it pity? Maybe. Did she care? Likely not. Although still no soda. With the two returning to Hanako, who greeted snowball just as warm and cheery as everybody else, it seemed like her first day of the new year finally turned around until...
@Karyra @Ehb @Luma

MYSTERY

"Do you think we should all buy a friendship ar-" Ino was talking, until she didn't. Like frozen in time.
"Kaede will be here any sec-" Hanako explained to the two, until she didn't. Every muscle in her body not moving a single inch further.
The crying kid that did not get one of the sold out sodas became silent. His tears stopping mid-air.
The laughing flock of gossiping woman being in everyone's way, stopped.

Everything just stopped.
The world had come to an halt.
Time itself had frozen over.

There was a subtle, but noticeable, shift in color. As if someone had put a very transparent red-colored filter over their vision. Their phones were still working, albeit no reception. Things they touched behaved like normal. People they touched could be moved, too, albeit only under great exhaustion.

Just what was going on? A daydream? Drugs? The soda? A super-fancy magical plot, initiated by Oda? Maybe there were others, but on this floor, in this shop, Sasara, Akane, and Snowball had only each other? Coincidence, or fate?...

• OMG
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Ehb
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana​

"Hi, Hanako," Snowball greeted with a friendly wave, grinning with a bright smile. Finally, after a long and painful day of rejection, this was exactly what she was hoping for! Just sharing some time getting to know people without focusing on their emotional weak points... much. At least not in a spiteful way! ...She'd try.

Snow's first impulse was to glance indignantly over at Hanako like she was pulling some bizarre prank. It wasn't like this sort of thing hadn't happened before: a bunch of people agreeing to freeze in place at a specific time. Snow could've sworn she'd seen a video at some point...

"Is this some event I don't know about...?" she asked Akane who seemed similarly confused and, more importantly, not motionless. "No, it's... too perfect, ya know? Something weird is going on here..." Snow concluded, especially after seeing the child's tears frozen in midair. Wandering over, she knelt down to poke the hovering water droplet, rubbing in on her finger to confirm it was a normal teardrop.

"W-what is this...?" she stood back up and fearfully demanded an answer from the store in general. Wandering around, she found a ponytail which defied gravity, a coin stuck halfway between its thin and flat sides, and even an automatic door which was frozen halfway closed.

"What the heck is going on here...?!" Snow shouted in a mix of frustration and fear. After a short moment, she ran straight for the exit door as fast as she could manage.

• Spicy
  • Thank You
Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street, Oda Store(?)

"...Ino-san?"
"Hey, Ino-san? What's wrong...?"

A hint of worry trailed off of Sasara's voice as she called out to Ino a second time, but to no success. What was going on? Ino, Karen... they had all just stopped. The more she thought, the more out of place she had realized the situation had just become. A dull red tint. But most important... the fact that everything had just stopped in place. Like time itself had frozen to a halt.

This bustling and crowded store was suddenly overcome with a deathly stillness. Everything was exactly as it was, but somehow, it was wrong. Warped somehow. In a world that was frozen, Sasara seemed to be like the only person left out. She was out of place in this deeply unsettling alternative filter on reality.

With some hesitation, Sasara reached out to Ino. Taking her by both of her shoulders.

She attempted to shake her back to normal. The only thing she could think of.

"Ino-san... Hey! Please! Say something...! Hey...!"
"Karen-san!?"
"Kuko-san...?"

Ino's body moved a little. But, she was strangely stiff. Didn't dead bodies also become very stiff. It was that phenomenon called Rigirmortis, right? At this thought, Sasara instinctively pulled away from Ino, scared at her own thoughts. She backed up into the stiff frame of another person she felt as if they were about to grab her! She screamed bloody murder.

In the end, Sasara had thrown her self to the floor to dodge once again. Eventually, she worked up the courage to look back. It was to be expected. It was another frozen person whose arm was outstreched to take something off a shelf. But, still, that didn't make her feel better. There was something wrong here. There was something incredibly wrong here and she had no idea why.

This was wierd.
This was scary.
Sasara suddenly felt very alone.

"Ino-chan! Please....! This isn't funny! Stop this! Make it STOP!!!"

Sasara could understand at a certain level, that she was becoming hysterical. She was starting to lose her self control. But, her emotions were being completely overwhelmed. She had never handled scary movies very well to begin with. She had a hard time sleeping for a whole week after watching a 'scary' movie. Something she was frightened by even though it was supposed to be a comedy.

But, this wasn't a movie. This was real.
She had no power over what was going on right now.

Sasara kneeled on the ground. Hugging her knees and shoulders instinctively assuming an upright fetal position. She wanted to hide from all of this. She wanted this bad dream to end. She wanted the person with the camera to come out and tell her this was all being recorded. But as the time continued to tick on for her, and only her alone, it became to sink in that this wasn't just something out of the ordinary. This had turned into something that had completely escaped the realm of ordinary. This was all just too much.

She began to cry with her face buried in her knees.
Was this it?

Was this the price that she was paying for all the good luck that she had all of her life?

Sasara had remembered that Chihaya had once said that good luck and bad luck has to balance each other eventually. Indeed, by that logic, on one day when you win a game of chance, then by logic, you would likley lose the next one. If we applied that logic to Sasara's life and her supposed luck, then it meant that at some point, a lifetime of victorious and positive outcomes would have to be given equilibrium with an equivolent instance of a negative outcome.

Was this situation that debt being repaid? A whole life of good fortune being repaid with a fate worse than death? An eternity in her own personal hell?

Sasara felt her hat fall to the ground. But, she did not care to reach for it. She didn't want to look at this reality anymore. She didn't want to look at this. The horrific trauma she was experiencing at this moment - just like the appearance of Snowball, began to rip tears in the things she had tried to hide in the back of her mind.

And then...
For a moment, she remembered.

.̛̲͚̭͎̯͔͈̩̮͇̪̞̖̘̗̦ͫͦ͑͆ͭ͛̆̈ͩ̈́͑͠͞͝.̨̡̖͙͕̠̰̾̂͂ͥͨ͐́͒̈̍̍̋̒̒́͞͠f̸͇͇̩͚̙̲̠̼͈͔͍̠̠̞̞͂ͥͥ͐͛̎ͫ͂̏̒̇͐̊ͪ͌̄ͨͩ͋͡͡ͅâ̵̷̭͇̳̠̞͕̖͕̞̮͈͎̯ͬͬ̿͌ͮ͂͐̆͠t̴̡̘̣̝̗̊ͣ̓̔́ͭ́̚̕w̧̧̓ͫ̉̄̐̈́̄̓ͣ̾͞͏̯̟̜̬̘̳͍̺̥͈͝d̡͇̩̗̳̖̠̦͙̞͖̯̫͍̤̬ͪ̋͆ͪ̐ͨ̍̓ͤ̄̂ͤe̴̶̤̖̰̳̬̤͎̫̫̱̻̜͉̜̤̯̝̓ͩ̏ͭ͆͐ͨ̉́̕a̧ͤ̋̽ͯ̿̈ͧͯ͏̣̤͖̳̲̳͕̱̙̩̞͚ ̴̶͚̞̗̥̦̰̝̤̠̮͈̭͓͉̦̼̔͊ͣ͐ͥ͂̀̉͊̍̀ͥͯ̄͊͋̑̍̚ͅͅű̸̇͑ͫ҉̝͉̦͍l̙̱̣̗̤͇̩̲̰̤̤͖̫̤̭̱̐͐͒̌ͤͤ̿ͫ̿̓͒̃͐̎͗ͤ͡ͅr̵̡͙̺̮̙̱̯̖̫͓͎̩̗̥͊ͫ̑̿͋ͣ͐ͨ̿́͡͞s̸̶̡̙̺̖͖̹̟̩͓̻̯̋͗̄̆ͥ̔ͫ͊̑̐͐̔̆̚͡aͪ͛͒̋ͧ͂̿̉͗ͣ̉̒͆̎͋̚͏͡҉̻̞͙͓͍̬͔̦̱͔͕̜͟s̢̛̝̣̣̜̠̱͖͉̣̯͓̬ͧ̅̐ͤ̈́̌ͩ̉͞w̢̤̘͎͕̱̙͈̅̑ͦͫ͆ͣ̏̂͛͒͊ͥ̀͡ḯ̴̤̙̞̙̲͕̱͔͉̙̥͑̎̐̕h̷͇͉̭̩̱̰̬̞͔͓̬̳͔̬͙̪̐ͭͧ̎͐͆ͦͭ̔̇͆͆͗̔̊̚͠͝ ̴̃̊ͨ̏ͭ̑ͫ̔̔͆ͦ̈́̉̊̍҉̼̰̼͇͉͇̣̘l̨̰̩͍̰̙̙̤̺̣͈̦̞̫̤̪̝̤͛̀̿͗̔̈ͫ͆̎ͯ̀ ̸̷̱̟̱͔̬ͬ̏͒ͪ͋͆̕͠ṯ͍̣͎̠̱̭̻̗̯͆̉ͯ̌͑͋͋̒̍̉ͯ͢ͅͅ ͇͖̹̭̞̩̹̭̹̳̯͙͍̱̲͉ͫ̀̋̔̌ͪ̀́̕̕͜͠ͅa̡͓͔͙ͩ̈̋ͣ̒̐̐́͡ͅa̴̷̳͍̭͈̜̹̫̻̳͚̗͋͐ͭ̓͋ ̵̵̞̭̗̝̻͉̥͎͍̙̹̥͇͙ͭ̈́̅ͅḋ̢̓̂̈͋̉̆̐̏ͬ̀̂͏̸̦̘͔̹̬̦̥̝̠͖̘̺̞͎͚e̻͉̤̠͈̼̘̙̰̭̤̪̻̖͂̃̌̎͑ͥ̂̏͌ͪͧͮ́͢ͅh̺̯̺̼̯̟̣̳͔̻̹͉̖̼̗̙͍̰͛͛̑͘͜͞ĕ̷̛̺̞̪̜̦̹̹̘̰̫̬̼̥̱̞͋̋̈̑ͤ̊͊͒̐̄ͩ͊̅͂̎ͤ̂ͧ͡ ̷̢̣̭͕̦̟̱̺̫̯̩̺͇͖̞̪̐ͥ̋͌̔͒̈́͌ͫ̍͋̇̅͗͊ͦͫ͌s̴̸̄̉̾̄͛̂́ͨ̎̄ͩ̒̉̎҉̦̰̜̻̖̩̲̦͍̳̲͙̱̜̣ͅl̂̽͛̑̌ͪ̈̉ͮ̀̌̓ͤ̅͑͏̧̢̝̝͈̙͇̼̬̝̦̼̞̰͔̥̻̼̗͜

"- - - I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..."

Eventually, the others were able to find Sasara. Right where she was, sitting in an upright fetal position, wit her hands buried in her knees, and her face buried likewise. Sasara stood out from the others in the crowd, given that she was not affected by the timestop. But conversely, she may have ended up been affected by it the most out of them all.

In a somber fashion, she was apologizing in a grief stricken tone. Seemingly stuck in some sort of loop, she continued to rehiterate apologies to something that at that moment, the others could not understand. Was this her way with coping with the shock of what she was experiencing?

In any case, she had to be taken out of it by whomever finally found her.

@Skyswimsky as Deus Ex
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Ehb as Sahara Kaichu​

Snowball kept running, weaving through the masses of frozen figures as she grew more and more panic'd with each bizarre sight. It wasn't just acting, they were genuinely frozen, some in the more unnatural poses, some completely defying physics!

It couldn't be more creepy! The frozen crowds, the lack of movement, the lack of sound...

...wait.

Snowball slowly turned to the source of what sounded like demonic whispering, more out of curious impulse than a desire to see whatever it was coming from. To her relief, though, it wasn't something out of her nightmares, but someone that had nightmares about her.

"Sahara...?" Snow called out, glancing toward the exit, then the girl who, though motionless, was nevertheless, subtly animated: a small shake, hair quivering, and of course the noise.

Against her better judgement, she changed course and wandered up to the pink-haired girl. She glanced down at her, knelt down, picked up the hat, and stared at its former wearer.

"Sahara-chan, are you okay...?" she tried her best 'friendly concern' approach. "Hellooo...?"

After giving it a few more seconds with no major improvement, Snow finally drew back and slapped Sahara on the cheek, as best she could considering how buried it was in the rest of Sasara.

"Sahara!! Snap out of it! You're creeping me out even more than all these frozen people!" she complained indignantly. Placing a hand on the girl's shoulder, Snow topped Sasara's head with her hat once again.

"Sorry... Come on, let's go find um... whatever her name was, and figure out what's happening here. There must be a logical explanation for what's going on! And we'll figure it out soon, ya know?"

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion

Kirikiri Street (Oda)
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God ;;;; @Luma // Snowball ;;;; @Ehb // Sasara​

Akane sighed in relief when Snowball didn't hit back with a snide comment. Those burns were legendary and Akane still had scars from them. What was Hanako thinking? It was only a matter of time until Snowball said something mean. Akane suddenly felt like a child playing dress up and that no matter what she wore it was going to be uncomfortable.

"Well," Akane said, carefully thinking out her own response. "I suppose without her I'm just... Akane. I wouldn't even be here today if she didn't take me, ha... ha."

The small talk continued and Akane tried on some more outfits. Some outlandish, some normal, and Snowball was there. Akane quickly switched into some of the dresses that Kaede gave her, some basic but nice ones. She was about to show off a lavender one with lace across the chest and shoulders and ribbon around the waist when the white noise just... stopped.

"Hanako?"
Akane said as she moved out of the dressing room. She didn't see the curtain that just stayed in place when her hand left it. "Snowball? Kaede?"

No one reacted. Akane waved her hand in front of Hanako's face, but there was no reaction. Not even a blink. Kaede was gone, but had probably just gone to the restroom.

"Oooohh," Akane said, in order to keep herself calm. "Okay. Frozen people... red... light..."

Nope. Wasn't helping.

"No, this isn't an... I don't know..." Akane answered Snowball.

Wait! Snowball was moving and talking!

But the other white haired girl had already bolted. Akane could only look around, at her dress, pull out her wallet and drop the money on the counter and tag as she followed behind Snowball. Moving between people was even harder when they weren't moving, but Akane wasn't afraid. Somehow, she had gone right through terror to blissful fear overload and that meant she needed to act.

"Wait... wait up miss Lumipallo..." Akane yelled, not worried about being drowned out by the crowd. What were they going to do in this frozen state anyway? Blink? Actually no that would be horrible. Akane banished that thought from her mind quickly.

Soon she was where Snowball had located Sasara? Sahara? Either way, the girl was doing poorly.

Everyonewasfrozenohgodwhatwashappeningtheywereabletomovebutwhy-

Oh good. Her own brain was still processing all of this. She'd check back in on that panic attack later.

"Okay... Snowball... who are you talking about? Who would know anything about... this?" Akane waved her hands at the street. "At the very least, we need to get away from all these people. I want to know if this affected the whole city or the street."

"Also if I have to stare at another frozen person for any longer I'm going to probably be worse off than... her." Akane couldn't recall this girl's name right now.

Arewegoingtodiehavewediedohgodwe'regoingtodiearen'twe

Yep. Still panicking. Good job brain.

Last edited:
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Ehb as Sasara Kaidou​

"Don't call me that..." Snow sighed. "Snow or Snowy! Uhm... please," she remembered to add at the last second.

"Ya know, technically it didn't even hit the whole street, since it missed a few of us," she joked(?). "Maybe there are others it missed around here too? I didn't look very far yet... but if we're lucky, someone might know something, ya know? Or if we find some scary looking time machine thing with a big 'off' button, that'd work too."

Snowball glanced between the other two girls. She was the 'senpai' of the group, so to speak, if only by a little. Too bad she was still smaller than both of them... Thus, she felt a certain responsibility to take charge and lighten the mood.

...easier said than done, considering her reputation.

"Okay, well... don't think of them like frozen people then, ya know? Think of them as.... uhm..."

Where the heck was she going with that...? She'd just started off without thinking it through!

Snow wandered up to a nearby guy and staring him over, pondering some ideas.

"Errr...... peeeeople moving really slowly! Yeah. Like, maybe the three of us just got the power to move really fast so everything else just looks frozen from our perspective. Eeexcept the light! Which is shifted on the spectrum... ya know, because of the speed of our eyes..." Hopefully these two didn't pay much attention in physics class.

"Anyway, let's explore around here... in super speed! Okay?"

• Spicy
  • Thank You
Reactions: Skyswimsky and Ehb
illust2.jpg

Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street, Oda Store(?)

She had to cover it up. She had to put her fear away. She had to move forward.

Sasara Kaidou's consciousness attempted to wrest control from her own frightened instincts. A small voice attempting to reason the need to continue and figure things out in a vast void of doubt and fear. Even so, Sasara was never all too good at managing her own fear; and the situation that she had been presented with was very much into the realm of true paranormal.

Cover it up. Hide it away. She didn't need to be scared of this. She merely needed to...

...and she could pull herself back together. Long enough to figure out what to do next.

Sasara remembered something about being hit from outside. Something about a hat being put back on her had. Something about voices calling out to her. It was all pretty blurry though. It felt like she had blanked out for just a moment as soon as she realized what had just happened. Yes, the people freezing in place.

But, there were definitely people talking now?
Summoning her courage, Sasara smothered her tears away into her knees as best she could before standing straight.

@Karyra as White Haired Girl @Luma as White Haired Student

"...What's going on here?"

It was in the previous moments that Akane and Snowball conversed with one another that Sasara inexplicably got up. Their attention was immediately returned to Sasara, she was inquisitively politely prodding at the arm of a short blonde foreigner girl.

"This girl's so stiff. I've heard about people doing this sort of freeze time trick in prank videos. But, these people wouldn't be this unresponsive if it was just they pretending to be statues."

The inquisitive underclassman looked to the two girls. All vestiges of the girl whom had been panicking and unresponsive on the ground was gone. Snowball Lumipallo felt a tinge of dread. Everything about this girl had just inexplicably made a 180 degree turn. Sadly, since she came to Sasara first, and due to her exchange with Akane turning her attention away for those few moments, it was only Snowball who could, at that moment, really understand this strange change. From Akane's point of view, Sasara had just managed to compose herself to finally stand up.

But, what Snowball saw just moments before was much more inexplicable.

"Judging by that uniform I guess we all go to the same Hisahiro Academy then? I'm a little... for lack of better words, a little lost at what just happened here. But in any case, I'm Sasara Kaidou. Since you two have found me please take me with you."

Readjusting her beret that she noticed was a little messy, she earnestly and politely requested of them to bring her along.

"If we've managed to escape the effects of this phenomenon or whatever it is, then there might be others who need help too."

@Skyswimsky as GM

Last edited:
  • Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE?

Unavailable: Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Security-San, Norichii Hiroma, Mystic_Muffin, Hanako Mirai, Meguru Chise, Runo Algeru, Ella Curtis

@Ehb @Luma @Karyra

MYSTERY

Entering the streets outside of Oda revealed the same phenomena as inside. A red tint with frozen people, and objects, everywhere. It was the exact same as inside except... the sky. The sky was a pitch black canvas. Only to be covered by a multitude of auroras, spanning across the entirety of the sky like veins of a tree. Their wobbly colors creating a sort of structured chaos as it was obvious that these veins were leading 'somewhere', though it was hard to tell where as the high buildings of Kirikiri street obstructed further vision.

Then, a sound. It was the kind of sound one would associate with a cute, fluffy, animal. Amidst the mass of people were a bunch of small black balls of fluff. Looking relatively harmless, they nibbled on the frozen people. Not too many to describe anything as "a swarm of fluff ate the poor people", but rather a few here and there in-between. Having even made the effort to climb onto the heads and shoulders of some. Ultimately, it didn't even seem like they were leaving any bite-marks! If the girls were to come closer, most of them were to simply rush off. With only a few curious enough to actually get closer, if treated with patience and care, but was that really what they wanted?

Further up one direction of the street, however, was a far more horrifying sigh. It was... a large human-sized walking, blue-skinned, pair of legs with stick-eyes and very, very large mouth!? It looked weird, yet, horrifying. And unlike the smaller 'monsters', this one had its mouth wide open, staying in front of a group of people, and apparently sucking up... the air? At least the frozen humans weren't moving. So, harmless, too? And it was just one anyway!

Then, somewhere in-between all of this, the girls' phones vibrated for a moment. Stating but a single notification: ß͏̴̕͢͝!̧͏͏̡͘!̶̛͢"̛́͜E͏̶̷̀͢-̵̕#̷̵̡̕!̡̨̛͟ư̈̀҉ installed successfully! An app with glitchy text that could neither be opened nor uninstalled.

What would the group of three now do?

Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Ehb as Sasara Kaidou​

Snow's gaze turned to the side; glad to see the girl snapped out of it, though... that was fast... scary fast actually.

"Sasara..." she repeated after her, correcting the several times she'd said it wrong. "Whoops. So... not the desert then? That makes sense; who names their child after a deser— ya know what, nevermind!" Snowball Lumipallo cut that train of thought short right away..

"I'm Snow. Don't ask for the rest of it, just... Snow. Or Snowy. Maybe you already know that, but it'd be nice to bury the past in the past, so... let's start afresh, ya know?" Snow forced a mildly-panicked smile as she introduced herself.

"Also, you sound just like one of my characters from this Gatcha game I'm playing! 'Thank you for rescuing me~! Take me with you~! I hope I can be useful in your quest~!' Ehehe.... heh....."

Snow coughed.

"If we've managed to escape the effects of this phenomenon or whatever it is, then there might be others who need help too."

"Yes, I just said that, ya know... I'm pretty sure I just said th— are you sure you're okay? Ya know, because aaaAAAA NEVERMIND, none of us are okay! This is weird and freaky and anything but okay!!" Snow shouted in panic as, behind Sasara, she noticed a black floff thing nibbling on a frozen guy's shoulder.

Snow had her eyes set on the exit door, and she was off before anyone could stop her.

"This is all in my head, ya know? Just, someone slipped something weird in my soda when I wasn't looking and now the sky looks like my dresser...!" Snow was visibly freaking out as the surroundings became wider and more surreal. It was everywhere! Not just the store. That was clear.

The only semi-normal distraction she got was the phone notification. Instinctively, she pulled it out, hoping maybe it'd be a text from someone sane. Instead, it was a phone glitch. She shut her eyes for a moment and pocketed it again, not wanting to acknowledge the strangeness.

"Okay," Snow began, forcing herself to remain calm as she turned to the other two who'd followed her outside. "No panicking! Definitely, noooo panicking. We'll stick to the plan and keep on looking for others who might know something, and if we're lucky, it'll wear off in the meantime!"

Snow suddenly froze, staring off down the street past the two girls in horror.

"... Don't make any sudden movements," she begged, truthfully having no idea whether that'd work or not.

• Spicy
  • OMG

K͡i̢r͢ik͠i͘r͘i̡ St͞r̷ee͟t (Od͜a)
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God ;;;; @Luma // Snowball ;;;; @Ehb // Sasara
Akane was keeping her mind afloat by studying the small fluffballs, but they were unsettling. Their 'aura' felt wrong. Even as the group traveled, Akane could only barely hold on to putting one step in front of the other. Looking at the puffballs was relaxing, but nothing felt right here. Why weren't they leaving bite marks?

"... why would anyone include me in their dreams?"
Akane asked, Snowball was claiming this was a dream. "This is real, miss Lumipallo."

Thankfully, Akane -though she looked green around the gills- did not throw up. However, she was so concentrated on walking that she didn't notice her phone go off. Her shoes looked scuffed up. Was that always the case?

"... Don't make any sudden movements," Snowball said suddenly, and Akane looked up from her feet.

She wasn't aware when she screamed after seeing the monster, but she did and her feet took her away from it as fast as she could go. Down the street, tripping and stumbling but that didn't matter. She had to run. It was the only crystal clear thought she had. Run. Run. RUN.

Oh. If she didn't want the monster to find her she should stop screaming now. However, no matter what she thought her body was already acting in fight or flight. It wouldn't take any more commands, so she could only scream and cry as she ran down the street.

"I don't want to die!"

Already she was getting tired, so she ducked into a store, different from the clothing one, and hid behind the racks. Finally she covered her mouth and just sat there. If she was still it couldn't find her, right? But that thing was also doing something... those mites were also doing something to those people. And they couldn't see it. They were alone in a frozen world.

They were going to die in a frozen world.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street(?)

Snowball was talking with nary a sign of cohesion and the other girl who didn't even bother to introduce herself was already running off. Right. A whole to had just happened in the span of just walking outside but Sasara tried to process through it in paces, if not for the sake of trying to keep her thoughts together.

There was the mysterious app that seemed to install on the girls' phones. Sasara thought it was strange she had it, and a moment of looking at it's information she curiously found the corrupted app could not be started NOR could it be uninstalled. Strange. She saw Snowball checking her phone just now and probably Sasara heard a notification pip from the other girl's phone so... maybe a connection?

Then the strange creatures. They certainly weren't here at the shopping area last she visited or anywhere for that matter. The little puffs reminded Sasara of those squiggle monsters from that one game where Polygon teamed up with Dissnee, and the terror of the big mouth monster was just barely tempered with her immediately thinking of it as being some kind of real version of Will from Adopted Home For Fake Friends. The little puffs seemed hesitant to get close to the girls, and the larger one was preoccupied with sucking the surrounding air around the other frozen people.

Finally, the other girl had just run off in general horror. Seeming to finally break into complete hysteria upon sighting the large mouthed monster. Sasara tried to reach out to her and call her back but... she didn't even know her name still. She was someone from her school for sure, but as for names, she didn't know.

Sasara could only awkwardly stand a little lost at what to do next as the girl's pathetic declarations of not wanting to die echoed in the wake of her desperate escape. From Sasara's point of view there was no point in standing around. But on that same note, the situation felt particularly hopeless at the moment.

The frozen people who seemed to be getting idly munched on. Sasara and the others she randomly found being completely helpless. The only thing that they'll ever have to show of all of this happening is potentially a record of some sort of malware app being installed into their phone. Why some random app? What was the point of an app that they couldn't even use or uninstall?

Wait.
The App?

There was a lot of people here. Some of them still in the process of looking at their phones.
Was it really only the girls who got this app? If that was the case, then that meant that there had to be some sort of connection with them not being frozen and having that app installed.

"Snow-san. Excuse me just a moment."

Hesitantly, Sasara apologizes as she checks the phones of other bystanders.

Even if she couldn't access the other people's phones recent activity was still available. Some didn't even bother to have a lock or were still in the middle of using their phone at the moment they froze. The result was the same.

None of them had the App.

Sasara still wasn't sure why exactly things right now were the way they were. But her gut told her that the fact that they were the only ones moving in this strange version of reality wasn't just a random occurrence of chance. A random paranormal phenomenon wouldn't be sophisticated enough to install a strange app on her or the other's phone while having the power to stop time in this fashion.

Whatever the case was, they were chosen somehow from all the people present. Indicating that they were needed.

Finally returning from looking through the frozen people's phones, she approaches Snowball still attempting to not draw attention with minimum movement.

"Are you going to go after your friend (Akane)? If you are, you two should probably head to the local police box. If there's anyone else out there whose unfrozen, then they'd logically be trying to find the police to help out." Sasara spoke plainly.

Or maybe any one else involved in this were just hiding wherever they possibly could like Akane did. In any case, what Snowball and that girl decided to do didn't matter if she ended up dying herself. But, without a doubt, this version of reality was indeed it's own form of hell. A world where she couldn't interact with the people she cared about was a cursed solitude she'd rather not have to subject herself to.

But...
If her hunch was correct:

There was someone in this occurrence that had control over things that were going on. The fact that she still had her own free will to do as she pleased, but the affirmation of someone watching in the form of the forced install of that peculiar App. It meant that the few chosen to still have the ability to move in this world were necessary right?

"Sorry, Snow-san. If this doesn't work, you're probably going to want to find your friend (Akane) and get out of here!"

Sasara apologized as her feet kicked off the ground. She passed by Snow without giving her a chance to respond.

She ran in the opposite direction that Akane had. Instead of running away from questionable looking legged monster, she ran towards it.

Sasara felt a similarity in this whole situation. In fact, this occurrence had the typical makings of a certain kind of story. A strange situation, and a select few that were involved with it. Without those select few, there was no story to be had. Sasara did not even entertain the idea of discussing the strange app or the monsters with Snowball to entertain their desires.

Yes, she wasn't going to give this strange being the satisfaction. She was going to present them with a surprise. One that could only be born from true insanity.

Taking completely normal people and putting them into insane situations can give entertainment. Entertainment in the form of seeing normal people react normally. If Akane running away was the normal reaction, then running straight into the mouth of the monster was probably the polar opposite.

If those teeth she was running straight towards were to believed, she was going to likely die. Her head or maybe even her whole body chomped in half. She would be massacred. Even so, if that was the case, she was going to steal the joy from this flippant god and remove herself from the narrative!

Sasara had her phone visible in one had as she drew closer to the monster. With her being so close, there was no way the monster wouldn't notice her now. In truth, she was at this point deathly scared. She was being kept moving forward only with her reckless momentum.

But this brazen act of foolishness had one simple question that Sasara had in mind:

Finding a way to force install this wierd app, stopping the world's time, picking certain people to pull this elaborate prank on. Sounds like it was a lot of effort that had to be put in to do all of this.

If this is all just some dumb game to get your kicks off seeing us squirm..,

Then let's see if you'll allow me to ruin your fun by killing myself!

@Karyra as Hysterical Girl
@Skyswimsky as Deus Ex

• Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Ehb as Suicide Sasara​

"That's not avoiding sudden movements...!" Snow called after Akane as quietly as possible, slowly turning to watch the girl flee away. Thankfully, it looked like the beast didn't notice, as Sasara casually snooped into bystanders' phones.

"What're you doing...!?" she hushed, slowly sneaking up beside investigation pinkie. "Is this really the best time to be peeking through people's phones...!?" A rhetorical question; it was not phone peeking time. Obviously.

"Sure, okay, good idea, as long as the police aren't fro— wha... ARE YOU INSANE?!"

What could possibly be going through that girl's mind was beyond Snow. She'd had a suspicion that pinkie's personality shift from earlier had meant nothing good; now she was sure. Sasara was completely out of her mind.

There wasn't much she could do. Snow wasn't fast enough to catch the girl, nor strong enough to drag her away. For all the 'top-dog bully' presence she'd had before her reformation, Snow was still just plain small.

But so what? That'd never slowed her down before (metaphorically speaking) and it wouldn't slow her down today either!

In a second, Snow pulled a folded up tennis racket from her bag, snapping it out with a flick of her wrist, while the other hand tossed the ball up. One shot is all she'd have time for: she'd have to make it count.

Drawing back, Snow channeled every last bit of energy and determination she had into that serve. Years of practice with her favorite sport, years of fine-tuning power-swings into the perfect angle... they'd all prepared her for this moment!

THWACK!!

A small little tennis ball cut through the air as fast as a tennis ball could off human power.

"Sasara!! Run, you absolute idiot!!"

• Useful
Reactions: Ehb

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE?

@Karyra
And thus, Akane ran. She ran and ran and ran. Hoping to leave all of this behind. Into the opposite direction of the first mouth-monster and the other two girls. Down the street, one left, another one right. Yet, it was all the same and, ultimately, the girl had only so much endurance until she did the smartest thing she thought she could do. Into a store, behind some rackets. She was safe there, or was she?

A few seconds passed until, she heard the store door opening again. Footsteps. Someone, or something, had entered. Akane's mind was racing. She tried to recall on her way into the store. The surroundings she had ignored in her mad sprint. Past the people and past... past what exactly? Had there been more mouth-monsters? Puffballs? Other, 'alive', people? Just what was it that had just entered? What if the mouth and black fluff monsters weren't the only strange creatures in this alien, yet familiar, surroundings? She could, at the very least, hear some sort of distorted breathing. As if someone had put a 'chaotic filter' over the voice of a nonathletic person that had just run a kilometer. Out of breath. Not unlike her.

The footsteps continued, they were aimless. Searching.
Akane had to decide. Make herself even smaller? Peek forth? Or wait for the sound to far enough from the exit and make a run for it? Or maybe something else entirely?
@Ehb @Luma

BEGIN

Sasara was challenging The World. Mocking Fate. Throwing herself at the mercy of a power she did not properly understand. A gamble made by those that had simply turned mad, or possessed knowledge beyond the realm. There was a fine line between genius and madness. Was the only difference between those the result of her actions? Dead or alive?

If Sasara died, that would be it. But she wouldn't die. She couldn't. This was her absolute conviction. She was convinced of her own genius. That this world, this story, this scenario needed her. Alive. But what if she was no more than a sacrificial lamb to enable the others...? Well, in this case, she still had Snowball's lifeline. Though wasn't there risk that the very actions of the ex-bully invalided her entire scenario? Maybe. But that would have been boring...

A calculated gamble indeed...?
Sasara's phone stood silent.

The mouth-monster turned around as it realized that there was indeed something moving in this frozen realm. Its lips turning upwards as its giant tongue licked over it. Certainly ready for a wonderful meal. Was there anything better than living prey that went straight towards your mouth!? Of course not!

The phone was still silent...

It opened its mouth wide. Wider than before. Unrealistically wide that Sasara wouldn't just be chomped into half, but swallowed whole, into whatever common-sense denying internal organs it may possess. Closer and closer to death. Five steps, four steps...

The phone did not react...

Three steps, two steps.

Beep.
An unknown application opened.

World;End Disapproval Ultimatum
One moment please...
Adjusting Destiny Fulfillment Approval...
Initializing Kaleidoskop Triangulation...

One step.

The seconds the app needed felt like hours as everything around Sasara became even slower. Whatever it was it was doing, it was too slow! Way too slow! Half a step, and she was dead.

Thump.

It was a silent noise, a slight gurgle, barely noticeable, as the monster took a few steps back as Snow's tennis-ball hit it right in the throat. Was it force alone, dumb luck, the sheer surprise? Or all of it? We would never know...

Calculating Aramitama Ruination Grade
Complete!
Yggdrasil Welcomes You, Chosen One!

Initiating Mahou Transform Sequence...

A single button appeared on Sasara's phone.

Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Kirikiri Street(?)

An 'out' was provided.
Was it a plea? Or a demand?

In truth, Sasara still had the choice to die here. Refuse the 'out' that seemed to appear on the phone, and plunge into the large mouth and sharp teeth of the monster.

But she did not.
Seeking any form of self preservation at the last moment, Sasara, without hesitation, tapped her finger on the phone.

The Contract was formed.

Sasara approaches a transparent wall, approaching from another side, an unknown silhouette mirrors her movements. The two reach out to touch each others palms. At the point of contact, vantage point switches from Sasara and the Silhouettes' point of view several times. Suddenly, the dark silhouette becomes Sasara herself, pointing a finger gun at Sasara's head. Sasara pushes herself away from the wall to escape but it's too late. The silhouette of Sasara smiles and pulls the trigger, shattering the glass wall and Sarsara's mind as shards of glass fly all over. From Sasara's head, cards flow out wildly from the imaginary blast.

Sasara falls headfirst into a dark abyss, her body seeming to twirl as she falls. Rapid changes in perspectives shows parts of her body falling amongst the glass. In each shot of her body, one of her 'cards' representing a person she's seen passes by and obscures the view for a moment before revealing that part in its magical girl form after passing.

She is engulfed by the darkness as she falls ever deeper.

Glass bits and Cards clatter at the bottom of the dimly lit pit. The girl dropped into the pit soon arrives too. But, instead of Sasara, her transformed silhouette softly makes her landing. With cards still falling from above Sasara reaches her hand out to pluck one falling from above. She waves it around a little and inspects it. But only for a moment.

She crushes it in her hand - triggering a brilliant cascade of light that banishes the darkness and turns the area into a bright and luminous tea party set out in and lofty grassy field, out under a dreamy bright blue sky.

The fully transformed Sasara reveals herself with a sleepy expression holding her staff in one hand and a card in another. She daintily has the expression of her mouth obscured with one of the cards she uses in her magic, held in her hand like a folding fan. She turns her attention away from her tea party and it's empty seats towards the viewer.

In doing so, the tea party setup dissipates in shimmering orbs of light and begin to float about. As a soft breeze blows past her figure, the bright orbs rise up past her and float into the sky.

Sasara Transformed.
But nothing changed.
About Sasara's situation at least: nothing had changed.

The monster was just finishing from taking the recoil of the ball that Snowball had thrown into it just now in order to destroy it. But, that didn't make it any less of a threat, it was only being temporarily distracted. Soon enough, realizing Sasara was no longer going to walk right into it's belly, it decided to take the last few steps to take it's meal itself.

Sasara felt different.
She quickly felt the sensation of being in a different body. Like, not only what she was wearing just now changed, but her hair and even her physical attributes in some minute ways.

But at that moment, all she felt was that now instead of her phone in her hand, she had a staff, and in her other hand, a card.

The big mouth monster was not going to give her any time to figure it out. It was hungry!

"Stay back!"

She felt it. A strong sentiment - a wholly overpowering sentiment of not wanting to die.

Sasara did the first instinctual thing she could think of. She swung her staff at the monster. It made contact.
A glass bauble at the end of the staff shattered onto the beast, but more than anything else, it seemed to make it more agitated.

Frantically, Sasara stabbed her staff into the monster.

The monster bit the staff in half.

Hopelessly, Sasara uttered a simple, bitter, and helpless chuckle to herself.

This was it, wasn't it?
She was going to die here, wasn't she? Become a meal for this Morbid Parody of the cuddly Will from that Cartoon.

@Skyswimsky as Deus Ex
@Luma as Halp
@Karyra as Plz Halp

• Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky

K͡i̢r͢ik͠i͘r͘i̡ St͞r̷ee͟t (Od͜a)
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God ;;;; @Luma // Snowball ;;;; @Ehb // Sasara​

Akane sat in her hiding place, breathing hard and trying to keep herself from crying. She was such a coward. Why was she such a coward? She left them behind. With the monster and here she was hiding. What if one of them was in trouble? But her legs wouldn't obey. Coward. All that fear was pointless, wasn't it? As soon as the monster finished with the other two... it would come for her. Something primal in her gut knew that it was going to kill her.

She'd never seen any of this before, but she knew that it would kill her.

She was going to be some dramatically appropriate timed death to spur the real protagonists on. Her habits and presence was null, and if she died... Snowball probably knew it best. She would be removed from Hanako and finally Hanako could reach her full potential.

The door opened. Akane heard it in-between her panicked breaths, and she held her hands to her mouth to stifle the noise. No one should be moving in this space. She vaugely remembered passing dozens of frozen people. Which meant that this breathing... was a monster.

Her head argued that she wasn't worth much, but her instincts knew better. I don't want to die. She'd said that, hadn't she?

Akane stilled her breath and decided to grab whatever random blunt object she could find -turned out to be a rolling pin- and start to peek to see the intruder. If nothing else, she needed to get back to them.

Coward.

Akane gripped the rolling pin so tightly that her knuckles went white. She had to hurry back, but carefully. Hopefully Snow and Sa... sa.. Akane realized she hadn't introduced herself to the other girl. Well, she'd better stay alive long enough that Akane could do so. Akane waited for a clear glimpse of the wandering breathing... thing. She'd ambush it and get away. Even a coward can do that, can't they?

• Spicy
  • Nice Execution!
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Kirikiri Street (Oda)
@Skyswimsky as GM
@Ehb as 'Cotton Candy Princess'​

Snow was positively frantic as the little nutcase continued on her mad dive to shredsville. No amount of shouting or common sense seemed to penetrate that thick skull; no, but strong teeth would sure do that.

Just when it seemed to be over, Snow had to shield her eyes as something even more bizarre than the time freeze occurred. A bright beacon; blinding, yet beautiful. Moments later, there stood... uhm... Snow knew precisely what it was supposed to be: she'd watched a few episodes of politelight before. But fiction was fiction, and this was......... yeah. A problem; that's what it was!

For a brief moment, Snow felt like things were alright! Sasara's a real-life magical girl, huh? She'd deal with the shattering sense of stable normality later. For now, Sasara had run up to defeat the monster with that powerful magic staaa.......

SNAP!

...welp.

Back in full-on frantic mode, Snowball bolted forward and reached into her bag to pull out the first heavy-ish thing she touched, which— no surprise —was a can of fizzy cola. Tossing this in the air as she ran after Sasara, Snow full on spiked the metal can into the beasts mouth. To her luck, the pressure exploded on contact with the teeth, buying a few more seconds.

Reaching what she assumed to be Sasara, Snow tossed the tennis racket at the beast to free up her hand and forcefully grabbed the cotton candy card princess by the hand, leading her away at full speed.

"The next time I say run, I'd really love it if you'd RUN, ya know?!" Snow complained as she dragged the girl along. "...and the reverse too!!"

After several seconds of running, Snow darted through a narrow door, slamming it behind the two and hoping the monster was too wide to follow... or perhaps just very forgetful! The inside was a small book shop, which had very few customers even despite all the traffic on the street. All frozen, of course.

Snow could hear a scraping outside the door as she pressed all her weight against it. Thankfully, it seemed to be properly confounded by the smallness of the door... at least for now.

Breathing fast, she turned to the cotton candy card princess..

"Please tell me this is some publicity stunt and that's just a guy in a giant blue suit!" Snow begged, shutting her eyes as if wishing away the nightmare. "Or it's a counter prank!? I said I was sorry for the haunted theater thing... I really meant it: I was horrible!! You can knock it off any time now! I learned my lesson!"

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion