Igniting Hearts!

Pixiv.Id.5279612.full.2845716.png

Hisashiro Academy - Rooftops
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God​

Akane felt... overwhelmed. She'd been asked to carry boxes, to talk about some game she'd never heard of, if she'd watched politelight, and the list went on. Of course, she couldn't admit that Snowball had picked out the outfit... because she noticed that Snowball was largely ignored by the group swarming her.

Thank goodness for class, because she was certain that she'd probably die before she managed to sort through all the talk.

She'd have to thank Snow later, but her own harsh words resonated. Maybe Snow really had changed...? But history like that doesn't vanish overnight.

Finally, lunch rolled around and Akane darted out of class ahead of the crush of people who were starting to ask if they could eat lunch with her. She should have just stayed with the uniform skirt and shirt, because now she was going to have a hard time getting away.

”I said I have somewhere to be!!”

Snow shoved Ella -her partner in crime which Akane had been avoiding as best she could- and there was more yelling. So Snow really hadn't changed, had she? It was all a pretense, wasn't it? Akane walked towards the roof before Snowball noticed her, moving quickly.

She'd trust Snowball to watch her back, and Sasara was too much an enigma to deal with right now, so she'd have to rely on herself for now. No Hanako, no backup, just her and the janky phone app that didn't work. Akane pulled out her phone and tapped it curiously, but it remained as it always was. Broken.

Akane shot Hanako a quick message saying she was hanging with Kaede on the roof today and Hanako replied that she was going to lunch with someone else as well. Akane sighed.

Did she want answers...? If she remained a civilian, then everything would be fine... wouldn't it?

"But I don't want to be a coward anymore, either..."
Akane said out loud. With that as her answer, Akane walked out onto the rooftop.

"Well, Kaede, you promised answers, right?"

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Skyswimsky
Sasara Kaidou
Town of Hisahiro, Hisahiro Academy

Sasara was still reeling from the day before.

The only consolation over what had happened was that her lapse in memory was less than a day. In short, from the time she woke up from the first day of school to soon after school when she arrived at Oda with her classmates. IN a way, that was a relief. She had been worried that a much longer and larger part of her memory had been lost.

Her glorious high school debut was in complete shambles.

Coming into class today, she was experiencing the first day of high school with the background feeling that everything was out of place, and there was no one there to talk about it what she was feeling. Meguru was obviously worried for her, but Sasara didn't want to tell her, or anyone else about what she had experienced. Fearing that just doing so would end up unwittingly dragging them too into that nightmarish world.

The messages she was getting from Akane-senpai... she didn't care for them. She had given her Momoji Address to her out of gratitude for being saved, but that was it. Just because she liked magical girls didn't mean she wanted to have anything to do with this magical girl nightmare scenario that happened behind the scenes. Her one taste of the magical girl life was enough of a fill to last a lifetime, maybe even an eternity too.

Throughout the day, through her peripherals, she had been feeling the occasional glances that were coming from the girls she had 'met' the other day. Kuko Inori, Ito Yukimaru, and Eidelfield Karen based on the roll call in homeroom. She had the names of everyone in the class scribbled down on her desk, since she was never able to see... or rather could not remember the initial introductions from the day before.

Sasara was so much looking forward to her high school life note too long ago, but now it felt like she was left catching up on homework.

She also felt guilty for so suddenly leaving the girls behind like that.

The Iron was still hot for the formations of relationships between everyone this year. It was easy for Sasara to start fresh again, since it was just day two. The 'weirdness' of what happened the other day was something she can just leave as is to the three girls who saw it, and try to befriend herself with others. In a classroom full of others, there were plenty of chances.

Sasara looked over to the gloomy looking girl with dark hair brooding in the corner.

Remembering what happened between her and Chihaya, she made her decision.

"Um... Kuko-san."

It was the start of lunch period. Just as the students began filing their way out, Sasara Kaidou appears at the side of Inori Kuko's desk.

"Good morn.... afternoon."

Sasara greeted Inori Kuko with a guilt ridden voice.

"I'm very sorry about what happened yesterday. But, I hope we can still get along."

In the back of her head, Sasara thought she looked so pathetic. She must've appeared so desperate to make new friends that it was like she was begging this girl to forgive her. If Sasara could see Chihaya right now... the girl would probably be leaking euphoria from the seams of her expression.

@Skyswimsky as Inori Kuko

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Luma and Skyswimsky

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

Time: Lunch Break
FREE-ROAM MODE

Unavailable: -
Around: Kaede Kiyabu(Rooftop), Runo Algeru(Not schoolyard)
Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Chihaya Mikage(Class 1-A), Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma(Class 1-A), Security-San(Hallways)

@Ehb as NPC promoter
"Ah! I know that lotion from-"

"Um... Kuko-san."

The attention of the two apparently inseparable girls shifted from their conversation about lotion(?) to Sasara.

"Good morn.... afternoon."
"I'm very sorry about what happened yesterday. But, I hope we can still get along."

A few seconds passed as it was hard to tell what Yuki was thinking as they both stared at them in silence.

"SEE!" It was Ino who was the first to break it. Sticking out her tongue towards Yuki in a quite overjoyed fashion. "As far as I remember you were-" - "NONSENSE!" Ino cut into Yuki's word before pulling Sasara in a swift, and short, hug. A skill she had mastered to easily rival Snowball.

"Yesterday is yesterday! Today is today! As long as you're feeling better, all is well!" Words that maybe could have come from Yuki, too. "BUT!" She put her finger up towards Sasara. "You owe us cake!" Despite all of Sasara's fears, things seemed to have gone rather smoothly. Except that the foreigner girl was still sitting by herself, although ultimately looking rather unbothered.

"Do you wanna eat lunch with us!? We might only know each other for less than 48 hours BUT if you need to get something off your chest all our four ears are ours! And it'll be a valuable bonding experience, too!" She then extended an invitation. "S-Speak for yourself, hmpf." Yuki crossed her arms, although didn't speak out against the invitation.

@Luma @Karyra
Runo Algeru would remember this...

After the commotion 'below the rooftop' collapsed by itself, it was Akane first who entered quickly followed by Snowball. One had to really wonder how Kaede did this, maybe she was a witch?!

Nonetheless, the wheel-chaired girl had a small, adorable, Bento on her lap that was left untouched for now. "Akane, Snowball..." She replied with a smile.

"I'm glad you could make it and I'd love to start from the very beginning but... isn't there someone missing?" She sounded a little bit sad. "Unless..." Her smile faded for a moment, though she quickly shook her head and continued smiling! "Let's give her a bit of time. In the meantime, I can answer your questions? Or just enjoy lunch?" Kaede seemed overall a lot less stressed out about this development than Akane... and Snow was likely just high on friendship!

• Spicy
Reactions: Luma
Sasara Kaidou

"..Kuko-san when you say it like that..." Sasara trailed off at Ino's very... measured description of their relationship according to time. But she ultimately brushes it off. Looking a little resigned and relieved at the same time. Cake wasn't too bad a punishment. Considering she apparently suggested on it and bailed out on them in the first place.

In any case, Ino offering to have them all eat together felt like a step in the right direction after the really bad stumble yesterday.

"Sure. I'd like that." Sasara agreed. There was still no way that she'd be able to tell them about massive eye and mouth monsters, but being able to eat lunch in a group sounded nice. "Um, please just give me a moment here, I'll get my lunch."

She returns to her seat for just a moment, before coming back to Ino's desk. The small box she had her food in looked either well cleaned or practically brand new, just purchased for the start of the school year. Seeing this, it was plain to see that Sasara was the kind of person who brought their food from home as opposed to getting it at the cafeteria. But if looks were to be judged, it seemed like whatever she ate was no less opulent than what was on offer at the cafeteria downstairs.

Looking between Karen and Yuki... and still unsure about Karen.

"We going to go eat at the cafeteria? I brought my food but I don't mind heading down there to eat either."

She asked where they wanted to eat.

@Skyswimsky as NPC Squad

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky and Luma

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Chihaya Mikage(???), Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma(Class 1-A), Security-San(Hallways)

@Ehb as NPC promoter

"Woooaaahhh!" Ino was drooling as she witnessed Sasara's lunch-box. "Is your mom a cook or something!?" She then asked before Yuki gave Ino's head a knock with her fist. "Yes. We'll usually eat at the cafeteria." She answered Sasara's question. "We haven't seen the one here yet, though! It must be like super mega awesome." Patting her poor head, Ino said a bit less excited than usual. "That hurt, y'know?" - "Don't be such a cry-baby!" - "Hmpf. Either way..." Ino pointed, full of enthusiasm, at the door. "Next destination: Cafeteria!" Expecting full well for Yuki and Sasara to follow her, too...

"Do you think they have Tako Sausages?! I hope it's not too expensive!" They were walking down the hallway and stairs into the first floor...
"Are you even doing anything else in class but sleeping? Paying attention, for a start? It's an all-you-can-eat buffet once you paid." - "R-REALLY!?" Ino's eyes sparkled with such power one could have easily gone blind.

"Yes, which is why..." She gave a quick glance towards Sasara's lunch who was trailing a little bit behind her. "Uhm...?" And came to a full stop, clearly looking past Sasara now. "How long have you been..."

"Is there a problem?" Karen replied, the furthest in the back.

"Oh? You joining us for lunch, too!?" Ino didn't even let Yuki reply any further in regards to the foreigner who had just invited herself. "The more the merrier!" Yuki just sighed. "I suppose you can call it that. Yes. The juice here is extraordinary good." With Karen giving her approval, Ino had already started moving further...

The cafeteria was huge. Modern. And packed. Yet, regardless of how many people were getting their food - paying some sort of electronic system - whoever had designed it had done so with great care. Multiple rows of people were constantly moving, and while at first glance every seat seemed already taken, a second look revealed plenty of space.

"Alright, how about you reserve a place for us and we'll get to you in a second!?" Ino suggested to Sasara but was already off before she could say something. Yuki shook her head with a sigh. "Knowing that idiot, something is sure to go wrong... but, yeah. It shouldn't take too long." Following Ino quickly.

Which, for now, left Sasara and Karen. The blonde apparently in no hurry and very clearly about to follow whichever place Sasara would pick to choose!

Wasn't she one for too much conversation, or simply enjoying her juice!?

• Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
Hisashiro Acdemy - Rooftops
@Skyswimsky as Kaede Kiyabu
@Karyra as Akane Tachibana​

Snow wandered awkwardly out onto the rooftop, looking awfully guilty. This was forgotten pretty quick after a certain offer was made.

”Lunch...!?” Her eyes sparkled. ”Uhm... sure! Yes, absolutely!”

With the brightest smile in the world, Snow set her bag down and brought out some cheap cup noodles, along with a can of grape-flavored soda. She popped the marble out and handed it to Kaede.

”Here, try a sip. It’s one of my favorites, ya know~?”

Shortly after, Snow would repeat the gesture for Akane...

”So, a question does come to mind... how did you get up here...?”

Ssslllluuuuuuurrrrrrp.

• Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Chihaya Mikage(???), Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma(Class 1-A), Security-San(Hallways)

@Luma @Karyra
"Thank you." Kaede thanked Snowball for the cold drink she was able to test. "So sweet..." She murmured to herself, clearly not used to it.

"Ah..." She then looked a tiny bit troubled as Snowball asked the question that should have gone unasked. "There's a kind janitor who sometimes helps me get around." She simply explained. "He is a bit... odd... but a good person." There was nothing more to it.

"Either way..." With any kind of other questions seemingly not existent, Kaede kept smiling. "I suppose I should start at the very beginning. In our world, there are invisible forces beyond our comprehension. You can think of them as good and evil." She stopped for a moment, letting her cliche 'introduction' sicker in.

"You see... the origin of all life on our planet stems from the World Tree. Yggdrasil. The Tree of Life. The eternal Banyan tree. Tree of Immortality. I'm sure you've heard one of these names. Its roots are stretched all over the earth. There are certain entry-points into the tree. A so called life-seed." She pointed upwards into the sky. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Except, upon closer inspection, a very weak and faded-out aurora-like distortion. "It is more apparent in the Sacred Realm. But Hisashiro harbors one of such seeds." Another pause, because.

"There are more magical girls than just me, and you. In other places. I do not know the reason why, but Yggdrasil has chosen you. It is my duty to protect the life-seed from these forces of evil. You have seen some of them. Evil spirits, called Youma. They're insignificant enough to possess no threat to Yggdrasil. There are various types of them. The ones you've seen are sort-of the most harmless ones. Feasting upon the soul of humans to empower themselves." She smiled despite saying this.

"They're essentially very clumsy, and make a lot of noise. So it is easy to find, and get rid of them! Unlike others..." Clapping her hands together, Kaede concluded for now. "Either way, you aren't expected to do this all for nothing. I'm very certain you've got an app installed on your phones? Any questions so far?"

Time to interject!?

• Spicy

Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God
@Luma // Snowball
@Ehb // Cotton Candy Girl
Akane nodded in response to Kaede's annoucement, but she wasn't sure Sasara was coming. Maybe she should message Sasara...? Snow asked about how Kaede managed to get up to the roof while Akane thought about messaging their missing cotton candy member.

"Well, I suppose that the school probably has mobility aids or at the very least a way for her to get from floor to floor." Akane offered. "Though... she might have used... her fabric stuff to get up here?"

Akane shifted and decided to at least pull out her lunch. It was a plastic tray from the school store, bought earlier that morning. Akane figured she'd rather get out and get food quickly before the important things started happening.

"... Kaede? What are those monsters?" Akane asked.

The monster from before lingered in her memory. It laughed. It enjoyed hunting her down. And they were the only ones to move which meant something about the people who were frozen. How did they stop the time... nonsense? Defeat a larger monster? Did they have names? Akane felt a headache coming on. There was so much going on and now she was part of it.

"Is there a way to... opt out? I mean I'm just not a very good uh... MG and I can't even do the thing the cotton candy girl did and uh..."
Akane blushed at her word vomit. "S-sorry. I've been thinking about this since last night and... yeah."

Akane quickly typed a message to Sasara;

Hey, we're up on the roof discussing yesterday. Can you join us soon? Kaede seems to know a lot about what's happening so... I figure you might want to know why you were like that yesterday.

"Wait. You mentioned... others? There are... bigger Youma? And why do we... enter this...uh... Sacred Land... besides the obvious we are more powerful there sort of deal?" Akane asked.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sasara Kaidou

With the blonde haired Karen inviting herself along, the group from yesterday was once again complete. The four set off for the cafeteria.

As it was mentioned earlier the cafeteria provided an expansive wealth of many options to eat once one paid the entry fee. A literal buffet, where one could eat to one's content. That was impressive. With the kind of setup going here, it would be no surprise if the teachers were opting to eat in the cafeteria themselves instead of heading out to grab a meal - just to have the liberty to eat all they could themselves. Then again, who knows what the entry fee could be? Or the actual quality of the food in question.

Sasara felt like it would be worth trying out the cafeteria too. Just to at least experience their offerings for herself just once... maybe on occasion if she found herself to like it.

Ino was less reserved about her desires to give the buffet a wirl. She was quick to excitedly jump in line to take her pickings, followed after by a dutiful Yuki fully expecting some sort of disaster to come in Ino's wake that would need damage control. Sasara - with a lunch already ready, was tasked with finding a place for them all to eat. It was easy enough. There was actually a good amount of room still available in the cafeteria, even with their semi-large group of four.

Taking a step, towards one of the tables, Sasara realized she was silently being followed. There was another one among them that did not procced into the lines - Karen.

"..."

Sasara had no memory of who Karen Eidelfield was. All Sasara had to go off of was what sort of aura her appearance gave off. The girl was short and foreign looking.

In her mind, she interpreted all of that as... a little intimidating.

"Oh... you can go in line too Eid... -if you want." Sasara stumbled over her last name. Turning it into another word at last second. "I'll go ahead and hold some seats for us all."

She could only shy away from talking to Karen. As if Sasara had suddenly become afraid of her. This was strange. All four of them seemed to have been hitting it off so well the day before. But, right now, it was like almost none of that had ever happened to begin with. The interactions only being pushed along by Ino's blissfulness.

Taking a seat with appropriate open spaces, Sasara put her boxed lunch down in an organized and reserved manner. Coincidentally, she took her phone out just a second after it buzzed with some sort of notification. It was a message from Akane. One of the girls from yesterday. Apparently, answers to what happened yesterday were available - if she came up to the roof where Akane, Snowball, and the girl whom had saved them the day from before were.

She had to ignore this message. Whatever truths awaited her about the whole ordeal were most likely not going to be pleasant ones. If she could allow herself blissful ignorance, then at this moment she was going to choose that ignorance for her own sanity. That crazy world that she had unwittingly stumbled into was a terrible place she did not want to have anything to do with.

None of this danger. None of that memory destroying trauma. None of it at all. Even transformed... she couldn't do anything. Even if she wasn't there yesterday, nothing would've changed, save for her still having that day's memories.

Ignoring her phone, she forces herself to look up. Inevitably meeting the gaze of Karen whom had followed her to the table. Naturally, she as awkward as this all was, she felt her obligation to try to strike up a conversation with this stranger. Karen was obviously not from around her by her looks and slight accent.

Without realizing it - or rather unable to realize what she was about to say, Sasara attempted to strike up a conversation with the first thing that came to her mind:

"Um, Eidelfield-san... do you and your parents travel a lot?"

@Skyswimsky as NPC Squad
@Karyra as NoReply

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Chihaya Mikage, Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma(Class 1-A), Security-San(Hallways)

@Ehb as NPC promoter
"Mhm....?" Karen tilted her head a little bit, the straw of her juice box an ever-loyal companion to continue supplying her with it. One hand to wonder if it had a bottomless supply, and why Karen event went into the cafeteria in the first place if she didn't buy anything else? Staring at Sasara in continuous awkward silence for a good few more seconds, before finally speaking up.

"We do not travel a lot. I, and my parents, moved here five years ago to visit extended family. Yesterday was quite odd, I suppose, don't you remember? You've told me about wanting to see the world, too." It was hard to read the emotion of a small blonde whose facial expression didn't really change all too much, but there didn't really seem much more to it than a simple question. People forgot senseless talk all the time, after all!

Ino, as expected, was creating some sort of commotion in the line as Yuki hit her a few times on the head. It was hard to make out what exactly was going on, but they clearly would take a minute or two more before joining the two...

@Luma @Karyra

"What Youma are..." Kaede repeated Akane's question in a slight whisper. "I am not quite sure either, but from what I understand, they are evil spirits who have originally been created through negative emotions." Before, suddenly, smiling. "I suppose you could compare them to menacing ghosts you see on television!" She stated very enthusiastically. Clearly proud of the fact she managed to think of that comparison.

"The Sacred Realm is home to those spirits. Good and evil! The word 'Youma' is simply a broad term used for those who wish harm upon this world." She stopped for a moment. "Emotions are very powerful!" She added somewhat bluntly.

"You won't be able to escape this, but I'll promise you to do my utmost to protect you if you don't want to become a Mahou Shoujo." Kaede gave Akane a reassuring smile before getting to Akane's last question.

"We're hopefully only having to deal with three kinds of Youma." She held up her hand, showing one finger. "One, the ones you've seen are clumsy small fry." Two fingers. "Two, there are those who attach themselves to humans or objects and influence their very actions around. Feeding off the chaos they may create. They're more difficult to deal with, but mainly because they hide well enough and you can't simply kill them." And a third finger!

"Three, Youma so powerful they posses a threat to the very life-seed above us. They're rare and posses a true challenge. And while I'd like to reassure you that these will not appear I believe the very reason you have been chosen is because of their potential appearance in Hisashiro. They're called Aramitama." Giving it a short sigh, Kaede went on with a bright smile.

"If you want to join me, I'll do my best to teach you! And it's not all for free! In return for your services The World Tree will fulfill a wish of yours..." And that was enough exposition in this post from Kaede, for now!

• Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo

Snow continued to sit on the bench nearby, slurping her cold noodles up with her chopsticks. It felt like two very different worlds: Kaede speaking of crazy, city-destruction, evil beasties; all while Snow simply sat there and worried about not getting sauce everywhere.

”A wish...!?” Snow sounded half interested, half suspicious. Her eyes naturally wandered over to Kaede’s legs: lifeless and inoperable. It wasn’t hard to guess what Snow was thinking either: ‘If you could wish for anything, why are you still in a wheelchair?’

But she didn’t say it.

After a great deal of thought, Snow took a break from her food to speak up.

”Is it all as embarrassing as I’m picturing in my mind...?” Snow made several overly flourishy gestures in a mocking sort of way. ”Either way, I said I’m in, so I’m definitely in. I’m sure I can get over the shame of it eventually, ya know?”

She brought out her phone, curiously poking at the zalgo app a few times.

”How does this thing work anyway?”

• Spicy

@Luma // Snowball
Akane nodded and thought about her options. Sure. She could run away, hope that Kaede could take care of her keep her safe...

She could just be a burden to Kaede and the others. That would be easy. That would be the simple way out and she'd go back to the normal everyday and ignore the monsters.

That would be the simple way out.

Is that really what she wanted? To pretend it all away and be a coward... again. Run away just like she did before, and she'd be fine. No pain, no worries...

"I... I want to try. I don't want to put all this on your alone... wait no you've been handling it on your own all this time but if you had to uh... never mind. I want to help. I already help most of the people around the school so..." Akane said.

The wish was cool, but she kind of... doubted it. That was awful convenient wasn't it?

Still... if it was true then wouldn't it be nice to have a wish granted? Everything was so strange now, but she could do this. With... the app. Snowball had a point. How did this thing work?

While waiting for the answer, Akane sat down near Snowball and started on her own lunch. All the talk of Youma and emotions and magical girls was hard to do on an empty stomach. Still no response from Sasara either.

"I don't think that Sasara is going to be coming..."

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sasara Kaidou

Sasara fidgeted in her seat a little, trying to formulate an answer that sounded as normal as possible.

So she 'already' had this sort of conversation with Karen before. Meaning, if she kept on this subject then there would be more chances she would stumble into saying something she already said the day before. Sasara felt her brain run into overdrive trying to formulate that thought. She was taking too long to answer. Say something!

"Oh. Yeah! I forgot! Sorry..."

Honesty was the best policy, as they say. Still a naturally neutral answer regardless. Despite her rocky delivery.

As Ino and Yuki's antics went on in the background, Sasara began to lay out her lunch with pinpoint accuracy. Her food? A somewhat... rough looking egg omelet with a side of rice. There was something about it that immediately told that it's original cook was either in a hurry or getting themselves comfortable with cooking for themselves.

The image of Sasara with an apron learning to cook on her own painted a noble picture, no doubt. Giving some honor to the amateur looking omelette in her lunch.

Sasara didn't know what magic might've made her want to talk with Karen yesterday. But whatever magic it was, today it wasn't working. She could only feel anxiety an aversion towards the foreign girl. Feeling like she should watch her step so she wouldn't let herself be an example of a bad Japanese person. At the same time, she was hating herself for not being outgoing enough to think of what to say now.

Everything in her mind was still, as much as she hated it, occupied with what had happened yesterday. Just going 'back to normal' after something like that was just forcing herself to act out a fallacy she couldn't truly believe in any more.

Her troubled gaze glanced over to Karen, who still looked rather attentive, as if waiting to continue. Sasara was filled with not much else but a strong feeling of being sorry. She had her hand over her box lunch. In her other hand her chopsticks were already ready to go. The moment she took the lid off and stopped eating, she could just mind her own business. But at the same time, that would be admitting defeat. Defeat in being able to find any common ground with Karen Eidelfield.

She eased her tensed shoulders a little. If she was going to go out, she at least wanted to send off this failure properly.

"Sorry, Eidelfield-San. There's probably not much anything interesting I could say when you've traveled around so much. I've just lived here in Hisahiro all my life."

I have no idea what to say to you at all. Sorry for the disappointment.

Sasara popped the top of her lunch...

"Thank you for the food."

...and began to reservedly eat.

@Skyswimsky as NPC Squad lost chemistry.

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

Around: Kaede Kiyabu(Rooftop), Runo Algeru
Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Chihaya Mikage, Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma, Security-San

@Ehb as NPC promoter
"You forgot?" Karen repeated Sasara's words as she continued with her drink, her face making it hard to tell whatever she was thinking as a somewhat awkward silence settled between the two. Sasara with her lunch, and Karen with her drink. No words were spoken for a few, precious, seconds until the Magical Girl decided for a rather blunt approach and apology(?).

This time, however, Karen stopped in her mastered drinking motion. She looked somewhat unamused. Whatever Sasara had said, it did not work. Only for a second, however, as Karen's face returned to 'normality'. "Do not worry, it'll be quite lively any moment anyway. Besides, I like to w-"

"What a dooork!"
Ino slammed down a plate full of food. Too much food. So much food that it was somehow stereotypical for her but at the same time one had to wonder if she had two black holes in her stomach. "Hmpf." She added as Yuki sat down beside her. A smaller, more realistic, portion. Manly salad, while Ino's stuff could be described as 'Bread, Cheese, and Meat'.

"I paid for this! And if it's all you can eat, why don't they let me eat all!?" The girl kept complained as Yuki sighed. "It's perfectly reasonable to take smaller portions and refills rather than not being able to finish..." Ino pointed her chopsticks towards Yuki. "Yukimaru Ito!" Inori stated somewhat forcefully. "Do not get in between me, and my food." Yuki only sighed, leaving the matter alone.

"I hope you didn't have to wait long!" Ino instead now moved her attention towards the other two girls. "We would have been long done, but you knowww~" Spying Sasara's omelet. "Ah! Did you make that yourself?" She asked, very innocently as her mouth was already stuffed with food.

Yuki just gave another sigh.

@Luma @Karyra

"Ah..." Noticing Snow's rather blunt gaze towards Kaede's legs, she quickly added. "The wish part comes after you've done your part." No wishing before protecting!

"I'm glad." She then added with a smile. "Truly! I'll be looking forward to working with you two. As for Sasara... I'm not going to force her." Kaede shook her head a bit in denial, it was clear that she was actually a bit sad about the third girl not joining them. Especially after she had shown such promise.

"As for your phone..." She pulled out her own phone, demonstrating a very girly app that showed Kaede in a pixelated fashion together with some weird status names and numbers and overall just stuff that screamed 'RPG Status screen', there were even skill names! Besides a big button that stated TRANSFORM, there was also a nameless bar that was roughly 4/5 filled with white color. "The app is proof that you have indeed been chosen! Now, if you open your app..." But they couldn't. "You'll see a lot of useful information! And once this..." She pointed at the 4/5 full bar. "Is filled up, you've done your job and get your wish!"

Kaede waited for them to open their own app application for a moment before all three came to a conclusion that they could not. "Mhm, that is weird." She said a bit troubled looking. "Why was Sasara transformed then?"

• Spicy

@Luma // Snowball
Wish being granted before doing your job seemed... Akane felt like she'd heard of some show doing that and ending poorly for the characters, but she didn't really get it. Still, at least the eventual granting of a wish gave her time to think on what she'd wish for. She could wish for almost anything, but what was really worth fighting the Youma?

"I... I don't know why she was transformed. I... She was transformed when I got back." Akane said, suddenly more interested in her food than ever.

What a coward. She ran away and maybe she could answer something. She definitely wasn't chosen, then.

"So... does the bar fill based on how many of those monsters you defeat or..." Akane was eager to change the subject. She didn't need a reminder of how pitiful she was when rubber hit the road and things got real. She'd probably end up doing it again, anyway.

However, there was only two choices. Adapt, or become a burden on yet another person. the latter was barely a choice. So Akane would learn everything she could to survive. If the app wasn't working, then if she could keep herself safe until they found Kaede, then that was something proactive she could do.

"Also... where does this app come from? Who developed it? I mean, clearly it was made by someone, right? It exists, and works. It's a bit... worrying that it just sort of downloaded to our phones automatically without us even seeing it."

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Spicy
Sunowubaru Rumiparo

Snow repeated poked on the glitch app icon as if maybe she was tapping it wrong. Too hard? Too soft? Too long? Too quick? Weird angle? Nope, no luck, it just wouldn’t open at all!

”What!? You mean you don’t have some kind of magic key to unlock it?!” Snow exclaimed in frustration and disappointment.

She poked the icon several times again.

”I dunno how exactly it happened, ya know? One moment she was making a suicide run into that freaky blue monster’s mouth, and the next she’d suddenly transformed into what you saw before.”

Snowball had a small lightbulb moment, glancing off the side of the tall building to the concrete floor several meters below. ”You don’t think...?”

She slapped her cheeks, shaking her head and returning to her bench away from the edge. If that was a lightbulb moment, it was the moment where the lightbulb died; not lit up!

”Ya know what, nevermind! Dumb idea! Very very dumb idea! But you really don’t know why they’re all messed up on ours’? Was your fancy wishing tree drunk or something when it gave these out?”

• Spicy

IGNITING HEARTS
A Mahou Shoujo Fantasy!

FREE-ROAM MODE

Around: Kaede Kiyabu(Rooftop), Runo Algeru
Available: Meguru Chise, Hanako Mirai, Ella Curtis, Chihaya Mikage, Namiko Nonaka, Nao Nonaka, Norichii Hiroma, Security-San

@Luma @Karyra

"It's simply the most convenient." Kaede answered Akane's question rather bluntly. "If you did not have a phone, or would lose it, then you'd get something some other way." She tilted her head. "I've heard there used to be a time where Mahou Shoujos had special jewelry or something?" So out-dated! "And I do not know the requirements for the bar to fill." She also added.

"Anyway! As you currently don't seem to be able to transform there isn't much we can do. It'd be the best for you to just wait..." She now smiled at Snowball. "And not do anything stupid. I'm sure there's a purpose in all of this!" With that, Kaede gave a nod. "Anything else?" By now, their lunch-break was nearly over too...

Last edited:
Sasara Kaidou

Letting Ino and Yuki's routine continue, Sasara ate with mild temperance. Even as Ino inquired about the Omlette she'd made, she didn't give much in response.

Yes was all she said in reply. She simply allowed Ino to continue to gorge to her own devices.

Sasara felt like even though she was where she wanted to be... it didn't feel right. She had for much of this time, had the feeling that she had done something wrong. Was it the wrong choice to go down into the cafeteria instead of answering the call to go up to the roof with Akane?

Of course it wasn't.

There was no need to risk her life over something that ultimately had nothing to do with her, especially something that had been forced onto her like that. She didn't ask to become a magical girl. She might've liked to watch stories pertaining to magical girls, but that didn't mean she wanted to become one. Especially when it had the very real and very grave consequences the real thing entailed.

Nonetheless, she hated that it was still stubbornly in the back of her head. Affecting her socializing with the other girls.

She's failed to hit it off with Karen just now, didn't she?

Ino the Glutton. Yuki her keeper. And Karen the overbearing.
The images of the girls that Sasara had in her head, even without knowledge of yesterday... she knew that the images she had of them now were wrong. In yet, this new first impression was abysmal.

Nonetheless, she wanted didn't want to go this year being all alone in her class.
She parlayed with the three of them.

Was this really Sasara's true nature?

Though mostly reacting rather than actively participating. Not much more than a hanger on. The eating and small talk continued through the end of the lunch session, when it was time to return to classes.

@Skyswimsky as NPC Crew

• Spicy

Hisashiro Academy - Courtyard
Interactions: @Skyswimsky // God​

The day passed by so quickly, Akane wasn't sure if she actually managed to take notes in class. She was a magical girl... kinda. There was... Youma a magic tree that sent out apps? Was it the tree that sent out apps? How did a tree learn to program? Akane could feel a headache forming. Must be nice to be empty headed like Snowball.

Akane sighed as she exited the school. She stretched, reaching her bag up to the sky. She quickly started making her after school ‘to-do’ list. There was the track team...

“Akane!” A red headed idiot was calling her from the gate, waving frantically.

“Ah, Namiko...” Akane said, bracing for the barrage.

Hanako stepped out to greet Akane, but ducked back inside after seeing Namiko at the gate. Hanako’s knuckles when white trying to contain her fear. Akane wouldn’t be making the rounds today.

“No after school rounds for you, wannabe Student Council President!” Namiko put her hand on Akane’s shoulder and started practically pulling Akane along. “We need someone minding the shop!”

“Where’s-”

“Nao? He’s already at the shop.” Namiko practically sang. “He got excited when he heard you were coming over to help today. Cute dress, by the way.”

“Don’t tease him, Nonaka...” Akane said. Namiko pouted at being referred to by her surname. “He probably has a girlfriend already. I don’t want to cause any tension...”

“Nah, the man is an inscrutable wall...” Namiko said, “except on days where you come in to work...”

“Quit teasing me, Namiko...”

---

The walk was easy, as both of them had long since memorized it. The alleyway was dingy and well traveled, but full of life. Akane waved to an elderly couple leaving the classical looking shop. The front was made of screens and ancient looking wood.

Namiko burst in without hesitation, calling out, “I’m back! And I got Akane!”

“You don’t have to yell...” Akane said, moving inside quickly.

“Nah, my brother said I had to give a five minute heads up if I was bringing someone over to help.” Namiko winked, and Akane didn’t get it. That was a common courtesy.

“That’s a common courtesy, though...” Akane said.

Namiko sighed and shook her head. “Someday you will be less dense...”

“Namiko? Is that you? I need-” Nao said, rounding the corner. He was cleaning a small tea cup and when he saw Akane it slipped from his rag into the air, forcing him to scramble to catch it before it fell and shattered.

“Still clumsy? It’s okay,” Akane said, taking the rag and cup from Nao. The older boy stammered and tried to form words. “I can take care of cleaning these today.”

Nao took to adjusting his long braided hair over his shoulder. Namiko stood behind Akane with a face that looked like a cat who knew how she was going to get the canary. He shot his twin a dirty look before recomposing himself.

“Ah, yes. Start with the teacups in the corner there. They were saying that they were starting to collect more dust than tea..” Nao said.

Akane laughed. “Still talking to objects, Nao? It’s okay, you don’t have to make those jokes with me.”

“Now,” Namiko said as she started to pull away her brother, “doesn’t that sound like a helpful worker?”

“What I-” Nao started before Namiko pulled him around a corner.

Akane would never understand those two, and frankly wasn't sure she’d ever understand them. Akane finished the mostly dusted cup off, and moved towards the display where a few sets of tea kettles and cups were sitting. The bunch looked clean and even when Akane ran a finger along the cups to check for dust she couldn’t spot any.

Nao often gave her easy tasks like that, and Akane couldn’t figure out why. Was it that she was just inexperienced? Were the cups that expensive?

“I’ll just never get him.” Akane sighed.

“Good thing I do, right?” Namiko said as she manifested from nowhere. “Nao is going to the back. Do you like guys with short hair or long hair?”

“What?”
Akane asked.

“Nao probably would cut off all his hair in a heartbeat if you said you liked shorter hair.” Namiko offered as a... well it could serve as an explanation.

“What? That’s horrible! Are people bullying him about having long hair?” Akane asked, putting down the cup and rag.

“Akane, you think that bullies bother him? The man talks to objects all the time.” Namiko said, deadpan.

“Let him know that if he ever needs help Hanako is always welcome and I’m usually around school until-”

“Akane.” Namiko said, uncharacteristically serious. “Are you sure that you’re okay with Hanako making you run around like that? Don’t you ever... I dunno... want to join any of the clubs you help out?”

“No.” Akane said, confused. “I’m not good at sports, the occult scares me, I prefer reading manga, and the last time I played an instrument their ears started bleeding. I’m just... no good. But I can help people, and that’s enough.”

“I hope so,” Namiko said, her hands behind her back. The tarot card The Tower sat in her hand. Akane had been drawing quite a few lately when Namiko did readings on her. At first it had been idle curiosity, but now she wondered what on earth fate had in store for such an empty girl.

• Spicy
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Sunowubaru Rumiparo
@Skyswimsky as GM​

”What kind of mahou shoujo can’t transform...?” Snow pouted quietly before speaking more clear. ”Ya know, I was picturing the awakening from Gaia Summoners, when you finally save up all those earth crystals and then they get a really fancy power-up seque— oh...”

Snow looked up from her phone to notice Akane had left, her smile fading slightly.

”Right, umm... I guess I’ll see you around then, Kiyabu-chan...” she cut things short, finishing off her lunch and running off.

Front locker room (Norichii Hiroma)​

”Hiroma-san!!” Snowball announced, suddenly popping around the corner and startling the young genius, causing him to drop a bundle of papers which fluttered all over the ground.

”Oh no, sorry, sorry, sorry!!” she blabbered frantically, ducking down to help pick them up at just the same time he did, resulting in a solid headbutt.

"Ngh...!" He groaned, rubbing her head as Snow threw an apologetic bow with yet another barrage of apologies before starting to scoop up the papers.

"Tell me, female: what kind of verbal statement is necessary for you to leave me alone?" Norichii asked, miffed.

”Huh...? It’s ‘Snow,’ and I was thinking earlier, ya know...”

"Astonishing to imagine that even being possible..." he muttered to himself as she continued.

”...and maaaybe we just need to bury the past and start over again! After all, I’m like a new Snow, so... I’ve said my apologies for Old Snow, but now that New Snow’s here... well... maybe she could be friends with you? So...... hi, I’m Snow!” Snowball offered a polite bow.

Norichii stared back indignantly.

"A pleasure," he forced out with the enthusiasm of a professional paint watcher. "My notes, please," he demanded, hand held out.

”Right! Right, of course... hey what are these anyway?” She asked, snooping her nose down into the top page. ”Snowball’s morning routine...?! Why do y—”

"—a different Snowball, clearly," Norichii interrupted, swiftly snatched the paper back, grabbing the rest of the papers from a baffled Snow.

”A different person... named ‘Snowball’...?” Snowball raised an eyebrow.

"It’s a surprisingly common designation in England," he answered on the spot.

”Really!!? But I’m half Finnish...”

"And I’m wholly finished with your fruitless discourse," Norichii snipped the thought short. "Excuse me."

Without another word, he slammed his locker shut and strode off with a great deal of purpose in his steps.

”Well... alright then! Bye!! Oh wait, you didn’t tell New Snow your name!!”

Nor picked up the pace, vanishing behind a distant building.

Utauwarui Street (Runo Algeru)​

Snowball wandered down the street, one hand carrying a small bag of clothes slung over her shoulder, the other holding an empty soda bottle. In fact, it had been empty for quite a while: she just liked the feel of it in her hand. Nice, smooth glass, with a shiny marble to rattle around! Dry cleaning was always a boring errand, but a loud marble made it slightly better.

Fastening the bundle of fresh clothes to her bike, the strange sight of baggy pants grabbed her attention and she glanced up to see Runo dart into a rundown looking building.

”Hm...” She didn’t ponder long, running fast after her curiousity, and thus, Runo. Through the door, a long staircase carried her underground into a large basement that looked like it had once been some kind of bar. As she continued, a catchy song echoed through the basement, leading her to a sideroom with a small stage.

On top of this stage stood 4 boys dancing as they sung along with a recording. Snow peered over them from her doorway more carefully... they looked like typical boy-band singers, and if not for her having followed him in, she might never have recognized the 4th boy as Runo. His hair was neat, the baggy clothes discarded in the corner to be replaced with a vest, and of course his act was totally uncharacteristic!

What followed was a smug grin so powerful and earth-shattering it registered as a ten on the Richter Scale. All the world crumbled away as the all-consuming smugface swallowed Runo’s reality into a blackhole of shame and self-consciousness.

This disrupted his performance a bit.

"Hey, Runo! Come on, we practiced this part a ton! ... What‘s got you so spook— WHO‘S THAT GIRL AND WHAT’S WRONG WITH HER FACE!?"

"Just gimme a min, a’ight," he sighed, wandering up to Snow and returning her an indignant look. After several seconds of her returning nothing but deathsmug, he continued. "We getcha’! Ya can drop dat dank face now!"

”Mm, I’m trying but I can’t...!!” Snow chuckled with glee.

"Seriously...? Y’all face dun got broke or someth’n?"

”No, but yours looks like a baby~!!”

"A’ight, a’ight, yea I gitcha, it ain’t ma usual jam goin’ all baby bottom on dis joint, but I gotta level wit ya: real beats ain’t dropped the scrilla, ya know what I sayin’?"

”What...?”

"Rappers dun make a lotta dolla in Japan!"

”Oh... I see,” she nodded.

"Right," Runo nodded as well. "An’ see, ma Dad all like ‘yo boi betta drop dem dreams an sell out to the masses!’ But I was like ‘nah’ and so he was all like ‘yo betta or Imma throw it all down!’ Get me?"

”...yes,” Snow lied, enjoying herself way too much.

"Ah, dope. So we cool? You gon keep it all wrapped up?" Runo confirmed.

The smugface continued.

"Fizzie gurl...? Yo!"

”What?! Oh... sure."
”Oh no, sorry, sorry, sorry!!””Oh no, so

"Baller! So... ya just gon stand there then...?"

”Mhm.”