Ignite The Spark OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
how so?
Any of us would be happy to help with a CS :)

if the offer's still up id be super interested in posting up a good cs.

I'm just not v creative is all. Maybe someone has some tips on developing a good character background?

tips for fleshing out personalities and such?

the bio is more the hard part, i feel like i understand my characters pretty well when they come to me in terms of personality and behaviour, thats why its easier to roleplay on instinct.

but like, any ideas?

Reactions: rissa
how so?

I'm just not v creative is all. Maybe someone has some tips on developing a good character background?

the bio is more the hard part, i feel like i understand my characters pretty well when they come to me in terms of personality and behaviour, thats why its easier to roleplay on instinct.

but like, any ideas?
i always start with a concept -- and then build the character up from that.

for instance, what are you interested in playing? we won't create a character for you, but we will def brainstorm and help you build a character that is both lore worthy and something that you'd enjoy playing. so, for starters, what kinda character would you like to play in a setting like this? someone from the spark? tranquility? the diamond?

• Useful
Reactions: Zoola
how so?

but like, any ideas?

When it comes to character backstories, I always find it useful to go backward from the personality, if that's where you like to start. Once you have a solid understanding of the character's psyche and driving motivations, you can build their backstory from there. It's always useful to ask, "Why is my character the way that they are? What are the roots of their motivations?" For example, my Diamond character is extremely emotionally detached. Why? Because her parents were emotionally suppressive and because that's how she was raised, given that she was born into a very influential family that was subject to scrutinization from the public. So, from that one trait, I've formed one element of her backstory. I hope that makes sense!

Like Rissa said, although we can't build a character for you, we're always happy to help with brainstorming and concepts and such!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: rissa
When it comes to character backstories, I always find it useful to go backward from the personality, if that's where you like to start. Once you have a solid understanding of the character's psyche and driving motivations, you can build their backstory from there. It's always useful to ask, "Why is my character the way that they are? What are the roots of their motivations?" For example, my Diamond character is extremely emotionally detached. Why? Because her parents were emotionally suppressive and because that's how she was raised, given that she was born into a very influential family that was subject to scrutinization from the public. So, from that one trait, I've formed one element of her backstory. I hope that makes sense!

Like Rissa said, although we can't build a character for you, we're always happy to help with brainstorming and concepts and such!
this is good this is good. thank you thank you. :> :>

lil 2 nog'd to wrtie atm. but i will KEEP THIS BOOKMARKED.

lux u guyiz

Is anyone alive?

Am alive. Can confirm.

Reactions: SoleStride
Well, that's one. I'm glad to see signs of life.

• Love
Reactions: neptune
Doesn't an rp get sent to the graveyard after one month with no activity? Today is one month for our IC on this rp.

Doesn't an rp get sent to the graveyard after one month with no activity? Today is one month for our IC on this rp.
RP's don't get graveyarded until both the IC and OOC are past that one-month mark. (Or at least they're not supposed to get graveyarded until both are past that mark. Mistakes happen sometimes.)

Even so, graveyarded RP's can always be revived by request.

...Sorry for the intrusion.

Last edited:
I did not know that. Thanks!

Reactions: Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.