Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like everyone is really in the mood for summoning/being the four guardian beasts. Not that I'm complaining, but I'll keep an extra eye out on anything that intertwines with planned Future Arcs.
Well, something tells me you need more power elaboration, plus a little information on size, especially our foxy friend's true form. Or is that picture an approximate scale?

Can Byakko and Shugendo do anything more than beat the crap out of others? Please elaborate on familiar abilities, especially if said familiar is a single unit.

Apart from that, I like your applications and await changes.

Ok! I'll get working on my post. Thanks for being honest!

ohh by the way. May I make an onmyouji character?

Go ahead and make an onmyoji. We could use more characters.

This seems interesting, I may make a cs if this remains open.

This looks really cool, but it also looks really involved, and like it could get overwhelming fast owo What are your posting expectations?

Minimum possible once a week, is preferable.

Name: Minami Anguis
Type: Yokai
Race: Kumiho (Nine-tailed fox demon)
Age: She has lived for over a thousand years, but has lost most of her memories after becoming a kumiho and gaining a human form.
In her mind she is now 299 years old, her body is 1299 years old.

Appearance:
GW307H192.png

Fox form:
Rk5Qd6qEI96y52qciNk64nHqkrY@1765x1232.jpg
In this form she is about the size of a minivan and her tails are about the same length.

Powers/Abilities:
Minami has several useful skills and abilities. She has heightened senses, her sense of smell and hearing being most developed. She is extremely limber, fast and agile though she sacrifices some attack power for her speed. She has mastered several weapons, the most notable being her scythe mastery, her skills with her blades and the thin metal strings she can fight with.

Minami originally has a deep black color of fur, but as this is an omen of bad luck and even death, she uses an illusion to make it seem white.
Unlike most kitsune she has terrible control over her illusions. She can hide her black fur and make it seem like she is a normal human when she goes out into town, but that is about all her prowess allows.

Though her skills with weapons and agility are usually sufficient to protect her, Minami also has several abilities she can use.
Her most prominent one is her ability to control darkness in numerous forms. She can solidify the shadows to attack or defend herself with and uses them to conceal herself when needed.
She can also find the darkness in ones heart and use it against him if possible. This takes a lot of time though and it is not effective on strong-willed people.

If Mina's shadows fail she can also manipulate electricity. This ability is highly unstable though and she does not use it often out of fear of losing control over it. It's destructive power is easily converted to a more harmless one though; Mina often uses electric currents to allow herself to float or uses them to heighten her reflexes by pumping electricity into her muscles.

Finally, her last ability is one she does not use unless it is absolutely necessary. She can create a powerful black flame, which eats away at objects it touches until it has nothing left to feed on. Though Mina can dissolve the flames, they will do massive damage in little time and she cannot control it completely, thus her fear of using it.

Weapons: Mina carries nine blades on the tips of her tails and has hidden blades in black cuffs around her lower arms. She often creates a black scythe with her shadows.

Noteworthy Possessions: Minami always carries her fox mask with her. It has no particular power, but she is very attached to it.

Clan: Hyakki Yagyo
Position in clan: Minami is a fighter, but specializes in Special Operations, Assassination and Spying.
She basically leads a small squad and is usually send out on special missions that fit the description.
Clan description:
Clan Emblem:

Personality: Though she has a natural hatred towards humans, due to the fact she depends on humans to feed and survive, she does not attack humans on a whim. She is naturally flirty and promiscuous, often wearing revealing clothes and playing around with spirits she meets. Despite this fun and laid back personality she is fierce in battle and will not stand by silently when something or somebody rubs her the wrong way.
She cannot handle people that touch or grab her tails without her consent and the mere fact can throw her into a mindless frenzy.

History: Minami awoke after transforming into her current form, once she had lived a thousand years and received her ninth tail. Beside her were three Okuri-Inu, obviously there to protect her. It wasn't long until Minami remembered her name and grasped the skills she had learned in her previous life, but her memories never returned. She was lost in this now unfamiliar world, with only her three companions to keep her company.
Hunger quickly consumed her and she went on a killing spree in a nearby town, killing hundreds until she was apprehended by members of the Hyakki Yagyo clan. While most suggested to kill her, one decided against it and introduced her to Nurarihyon. The man was enticing to say the least and he offered her to stay, which she immediately did.
She holds no grudge against Ibaraki-doji now that she has taken Nurarihyon's place, though she may come off as a bit cold. She is still deeply saddened by Nurarihyon's disappearance and often sits in his favorite cherry blossom tree.

Minami discovered later that when she transformed her fur should have become a pure white or golden color, though her fur was a deep black. Fearing rejection, as black is a color of bad luck and even death, she used what little illusionary powers she had to hide her black fur from the world.

Others: She is accompanied at all times by three Okuri-Inu, a wolf-like type yokai.
The three have been with her since a little while before she transformed and stay with her still.

Last edited:
It's not finished yet, I need to get to the pc first, I hope you don't mind ^^"

Name: Asa Yomikawa

Type: Human

Appearance:

Asa can usually be seen wearing all-black attire composed of a black trenchcoat over a black undershirt, black gloves, black pants, a black spiked belt, spiked armbands on the right wrists, leather armbands on the left and combat boots.

2965698-shiki-9.jpg

Powers/Abilities:

- Master of Iaido

- Master of Battoujutsu

- Master of Kenjutsu

- Superhuman Speed and Reflexes

- Reaction time can exceed up to 9 times the average human being though it puts severe stress on the body.

- Immense Strength and Endurance

- Immense Spiritual Energy

- Malevolence Mode: it is a state wherein his speed, reaction time, strength and defensive capabilities are greatly improved, bypassing the very limits his body could endure. While in Malevolence mode, he can also heal some injuries to the point wherein they aren't considered "fatal" anymore. He can only enter this state while wearing the Yatagarasu Armor.

Asa has two Shikigami

404701.jpg

Remina holding Doujigiri while Kohakuren and Kazegazuki are strapped to her waist.

Remina - A shikigami that once served an onmyouji that was entrusted the Five Great Swords that drove away demons in the ancient capital, she acts as Asa's assistant and allows him access to the 5 Great Swords. If the situation demands it or if given permission, she can utilize the swords herself but she cannot make use of its special properties and abilities as only her master is able to release their latent abilities. Unlike most Shikigami, she is extremely loyal to Asa.

088_max.jpg

Yatagarasu - The Yatagarasu is a huge three-legged crow belonging to the Sun Goddess, Amaterasu. The appearance of the great bird is construed as evidence of the will of Heaven or divine intervention in human affairs. In Combat, few beings could match its overwhelming power as it not only has immense speed and strength, it also possesses the power to control Wind and Fire. However, it tends to turn against its master at the slightest sign of weakness from him/her. It can also be used to travel long distances.

Weapons:

Doujigiri - A Legendary Katana known for being one of the Five Great Swords, refined by Master Kasetsuna. It is a very large Katana that typically requires both hands to wield. With a red hilt and a black and crimson blade, it gives off a fiery and ominous feel to it. When swung, it emits scorching orange flames that cleanses anything evil it touches. It once cleansed the Ancient Capital from evil spirits. This blade was forged in honor of the Sun Goddess, Amaterasu.

Tsukotachi - A Legendary Katana known for being one of the Five Great Swords, refined by Master Takashiro . It was a sword dedicated to the Moon God, Tsukiyomi. It's capable of tapping into the god's power, particularly that of the light. The blade was forged during only nights where the fool moon shone brightly in order for it to absorb as much power from the moon as possible. Its sheathe is a dark shade of blue while the sword's hilt is a bright shade of yellow symbolizing the light of the full moon in the night sky. The blade also has a distinct crescent-like shape.

Yoruhada - A Legendary Katana known as one of the Five Great Swords, refined by Master Matsushiro during only the nights of a new moon. Although it is also dedicated to the Moon God, Tsukoyomi, it's the polar opposite of the Tsukotachi as it bases its power in the dark side of the moon. Thus it grants the user the power of darkness. Its sheathe is a dark shade of blue while its hilt is blacker than the night sky. It symbolizes the absence of the light of the moon and the dark side of the moon.

Kazegazuki - A Legendary Katana known as one of the Five Great Swords, refined by Master Mitsuyo. It is a very long tachi that contains the fury of a devastating gale with each stroke. Its attacks tend to hit multiple times with one swing. Furthermore, the blade emits powerful gusts of razor-like wind making it effective both in close quarters and long ranged combat. The hilt and sheathe of the blade are pure white and wielding it typically requires both hands though Asa is more than capable of using it with a single hand. The blade was made in honor of the god, Susanoo.

Kohakuren - A Legendary bokken known for being one of the Five Great Swords. It is unique compared to the other four as it is the only sword among the five that is made out of wood. However, this sword should not be underestimated as it was made from the hardest wood in existence. It is capable of withstanding, parrying and defending against the most powerful of attacks as its purpose generally lies on counters and defense rather than offense. Since it was made in honor of the God Izanagi, it generally is a sword that isn't designed to take life. Rather, the sword allows the wielder to deliver bone-crushing blows without the need to take the life of the target.

Noteworthy Possessions:

Masked Swordsman.jpg

Yatagarasu Armor - An Armor made in the image of the Yatagarasu. It allows the user to enter a state called Malevolence Mode.

Clan: Tsuchimikado Clan

Position in Clan: Second-in-Command

Personality:

Asa can come off as the arrogant and prideful type to most people who do not know him but in actuality, he is pretty laid back and takes things a lot less seriously than most people. Even in combat, he rarely gets serious unless he were to encounter someone he can take seriously. However, when it comes to matters such as protecting Arisu or anything regarding his beliefs, he takes them very seriously. Asa's way of thinking is rather radical and revolutionary at the same time despite belonging to a traditional onmyouji clan like the Tsuchimikado. He believes that not all demons are evil and dreams of one day establishing coexistence between humans and demons.

History: Asa was an orphan. He was abandoned by his parents at the shrine that was being run by the Tsuchimikado family when he was born since his family could not support him. The leader of the Tsuchimikado Clan took pity on the boy and raised him as if he were his own son alongside his daughter, Arisu. His foster father was the one who gave him his name since he believes that every day of Asa's life leads to a bright future for the young boy.

Even at a young age, Asa was already aware that he was adopted. As a result, he refused to be treated like he was part of the family since he wasn't related by blood though he was thankful for the kindness they've shown him. He then began acting as a servant when he was six years old. As he grew up, Asa's foster father noticed the young boy's potential to become one of the most talented and skilled onmyouji practitioner in a long time. Thus, he offered to train Asa the way of onmyodo. He accepted this without hesitation and immediately began training at the tender age of 7. The Clan Leader also took the opportunity to make Asa his daughter's future protector by teaching the way of the sword.

After 6 grueling years of intense and difficult training, Asa officially became a practitioner of onmyodo. During his initiation, he was required to summon his very own shikigami, a familiar of sorts that aids an onmyouji in battle. However, to everyone's surprise, the shikigami Asa summoned looked pretty much like any ordinary human being. Hence, instead of treating Remina as a mere tool or servant, Asa treated her as if she were family.

2 years after summoning Remina, Arisu and Asa went up a mountain that was infamous for being the dwelling of a very powerful demon when they received a report of people disappearing there. Asa and Arisu had split up to track down the demon faster despite the former's reluctance to do so. He had left Remina at the temple since she was gravely injured during their last job and is recuperating. Thus, he does not have any access to the Five Great Swords entrusted to Remina. Even so, he was confident that the two of them would be enough to deal with the demon. However, the demon proved to be nothing that they've ever faced before.

A shrill cry alerted Asa at once that Arisu was in trouble. When he arrived at the source of her cries, he saw her unconscious laying before a spider-like demon. It was just about to devour her when he'd arrived.

For hours, sword and claw clashed before Arisu regained consciousness. During that time, he came to a realization that he does not have the capability to defeat this demon on his own. That;s why his goal shifted drastically. From defeating the demon, it became his goal to save the daughter of the person who saved his life, A life for a life. A fitting end for someone who's life was indebted to this girl's father. He managed to persuade her to retreat, stating that he'll be following shortly. But he knew it was nothing more than an empty promise. It was the only way he could get her to leave him be. After she left, Asa did his best to at least mortally injure the demon but to no avail. It was the one who managed to fatally wound him. As he lay waiting for his end, he heard a feminine voice in his head commending his bravery. Just before the spider-like demon could deal the finishing blow, he saw a black figure descend from the sky and it temporarily sent the spider-like demon on a hasty retreat. He only recognized its appearance in legends and from ancient scroll portraits but he was certain what the bird creature was... the Legendary Three-Legged Crow of the Goddess Amaterasu. It just stared at him for a few seconds before the voice he had heard before spoke to him once again telling him that it would grant him a second leash on life as well as its beloved servant to aid him in his battles. Afterwards, he realized that his injuries and wounds had healed and he was now wearing a peculiar armor. Somehow, he was aware that he had gained an unnatural amount of power and the Goddess Amaterasu had saved his life.

When the spider-like demon had returned, the tides of victory were no longer on its favor. A simple slash from his sword completely obliterated it but that alone took all the remaining strength in his body to perform. He collapsed on the spot and when he came to, the Yatagarasu was gone and his new armor had somehow disappeared. In their place was Arisu who was checking his vitals with a worried look on her face. After giving her an explanation of what transpired, she merely gives him the benefit of the doubt since she was just grateful to find him alive.

He spent the next 8 years training and gaining mastery over all of his abilities specially in taming the Yatagarasu and in utilizing the Yatagarasu Armor. Now he makes his return to the main shrine run by the Tsuchimikado Clan and along with him, the hope to change the world for the better.

Others:

- Due to his immense spiritual energy pool, Asa no longer needs to dismiss Remina as he can easily sustain her spiritual energy intake. In fact, he hasn't once dismissed her ever since he summoned her when he was 13 years old.

- Asa sees Remina as a younger sister

- Asa still adopted his father's surname instead of using the Tsuchimikado's since he doesn't consider himself as part of the latter's family with him not being related by blood. He also had no qualms about adopting his father's surname since he bears no grudge to his parents' abandoning him at the shrine. In fact, he keeps in touch with them from time to time.

- Asa is extremely overprotective of Arisu as he sees it his sworn duty to guard her with his life.

- He has no qualms about marrying a demon

Last edited:
If it's alright, I'm going to edit my character sheet a bit. I've been wanting to change one of her shikigami's (Kekkai )

Asa accepted.

Well Raine, if you haven't summoned him yet, go ahead. Although, how are you going to modify him?

Asa accepted.

Well Raine, if you haven't summoned him yet, go ahead. Although, how are you going to modify him?
Honestly, after a bit, I just didn't like Kekkai; he seemed so useless and unnecessary. I changed him to a different shikigami.

Completely different? Alright then. I guess I'll have a look once you're done modifying.

I have no objections to your brand new dragon 'friend'.

I took my sweet damn time, but I finally got around to posting.

@~Death~ you are accepted.

Well, time to work on my third application.

@Crow I finished my form, could you check if it's okay? It's higher up on this page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.