Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little iffy about the last ability. Make sure you don't incinerate too much. Apart from that it should be alright.

Should I temporarily limit the acceptance of apps into the Hyakki Yagyo once we touch Arc 1?

I think you should

I'm a little iffy about the last ability. Make sure you don't incinerate too much. Apart from that it should be alright.

Should I temporarily limit the acceptance of apps into the Hyakki Yagyo once we touch Arc 1?

Yes, that's why I made her distrust the power and rarely use it ^^

Very well then, character accepted, @Minami.

Once Arc 1 comes, no more Hyakki Yagyo apps. We're at Arc 0 now.

oa8Oawv.png

Name
: Mogami Kotaro
Type: ???, suspiciously human
Race: ???
Appearance: Kotaro is about 1.6 metres in height and has light-hued skin. His eyes are a shiny blue, and his hair, a simple short black. He has an average, slender male build.
His outfit is most odd. The base of the outfit is a black gakuran and simple black shoes. The white scarf that veils his neck is an Ittan-Momen. The umbrella he carries on his right hand is a red-hued Karakasa. The lantern he holds in the left, a Chochino'obake. He might occasionally wear a blue hoodie.
Powers/Abilities: Kotaro has a rather odd ability. He has an extent of charisma over Tsukumogami, and he essentially has the ability to command them. However, he prefers to develop bonds between him and his friends, which he can. He can even manipulate the very bodies of Tsukumogami, although he only does that for enemy ones, and it only works at full potential on lower-levelled ones. Higher-levelled ones will only feel their bodies aching, as if he is causing some sort of telekinetic pain.
He can even revive dead Tsukumogami by granting them power, although he is unaware of this ability.
Additionally, by touching an inanimate object, he can control its movements as long as his hands lay on it, like a puppet. This extends to minor technopathy.
He is selectively immune to Tsukumogami occult-like attacks, such as hypnosis and even dimension manipulation. However, their physical attacks and elemental blasts will hit him hard.
By himself, his physical statistics are that of a human.
Weapons: While more of friends than weapons, Kotaro has an army of Tsukumogami standing by his side. They come in many different shapes and sizes, and have many different abilities. They range from Ittan-momen and Karakasa to Ungaikyo and Chochino'obake. However, his two most trusted comrades are right beside him.
zbijJtL.png

Biwa is an ancient Biwabokuboku. By herself, she is capable of releasing damaging soundwaves to opponents. While in Kotaro's hands in her yokai form, Kotaro can use the ability song of despair to deal ailments to foes - such as temporary paralysis, hypnosis and even illusions. The list is capable of going on.
3PwIAt7.png
24_1.jpg

Shamisen is an ancient Shamichoro who takes the form of a catgirl in her humanoid form. Like her older sister Biwa, she is capable of releasing sonic howls, akin to the roars of great cats, albeit weaker in comparison. In her yokai form, Kotaro wields her and he can strum grand, melodic tunes, known as song of hope, to heal allies of any possible ailments or damage. This ability is able to strengthen allies in various ways as well.

It is unknown what will happen if he plays both sisters at once. He believes it is rather impossible since they are both two-handed instruments.
Noteworthy Possessions: He possesses a pendant containing a photo of a younger him and... some person. The picture appears to have burnt off where this person's face is.
Clan: Hyakki Yagyo
Position in Clan: Warrior
Personality: Kotaro comes off as a little naive, although he prefers to trust those close to him. He is a little airheaded, which gives an impression of fearlessness due to his seeming lack of fear. Despite this, he seems to prefer attacking from afar, and will only resort to physical, direct violence if cornered.
History: Kotaro has little recollection of his past. However, when he woke up, he found himself in the middle of a little migrating group, comprised of Tsukumogami. The first ones he saw when he first woke up were the instrumental sisters - Biwa and Shamisen, who introduced themselves to him. They informed him that his name was 'Mogami Kotaro' and the travelling crew were apparently finding 'safe haven' from 'bad people'. The crew was all friendly with each other from time to time, and they got to know each other better as they travelled, stop for breaks, and such.
Eventually, they reached 'safe haven', the Hyakki Yagyo headquarters, lead by Ibaraki-doji. He and the crew were taken in for shelter. On the same night, Ibaraki-doji was on a mission to engage in combat with certain members of the Tsukumogami Forces. In secret, Kotaro and his friends chose to tag along. During the battle, Kotaro displayed his unique ability - controlling the bodies of the enemy forces, forcing them to attack each other, while his friends attacked the foes. Noticing this, Ibaraki-doji smiles, and offers a spot for them in the clan.
While making himself comfortable at his new home, he decides to make a new life by finding a high school to attend.
Others: He is a new member and joined a month prior to the start of the Roleplay.

Last edited:
Could I ask to have a spot as a Shihaku I think it is... the half youkai and the half human?

You mean Second in Command? I believe so.
haha whoops ^^;; yep that was the one~ I will make her right away~ But I am not entirely sure if i will put her as second in command... I wanted to mae twins ^^

@Crow, I forgot to ask which position I could give my character?

@Crow, I forgot to ask which position I could give my character?
You don't seem to be commanding anyone, so 'Warrior' could do. Even certain characters of 'Warrior' position have their own mooks anyways, like your lupine friends.

Name:
"My name...."
"His name..."
"My name is.... Koji...."
"... My name..."
"Her name..."
"... is Sakura."

".... I am a female...."
"... this is why we...."
".... are not identical..."
"...twins..."

Type:
"Well mother was human...."
"... but father was a yokai."
"... so we are half half."
"... not fitting in one place..."
"... not fitting in another..."

Race:
"Father was...."
"... he was a..."
"Kirin...."
"So we both are also...."
"... half Kirin..."

".... we are pretty young you could say..."
".... this year we will be turning..."
"... 986 years old... this is in...."
"... human years of course...."

Appearance:
".... Why do you want to know this?"
"oh well... click..."
"The "spoiler" button...."
"... you will see something interesting..."
This is what they normally look like ^^
Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 6.47.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 6.47.28 PM.png

and this is how they look like when they have transformed Koji on the left and Sakra on the right~ ^^
ocs____ignus_and_candis_unicorn_forms_by_onisuu-d6wtvq9.png

Powers/Abilities:
"You mean... Apart from transforming.....?"
"... I guess.... we can control the element of grass...."
"... oh yes that is right... we manipulate plants mainly with our powers...."
"I like to work with roses personally... I know that Oniichan likes to as well...."
"Oh yes I do Imouto..."
"Oh and we almost forgot Oniichan..."
"Oh yes, you are quite right Imouto."
"We are able to use telapathy."
"Although the ease to use this ability varies from people to people."

Weapons:
"I have a traditional katana.... a simple blade...."
"... I have ninja stars and the small ninja darts...."
"Imouto you have a lovely aim."
"Thank you Oniichan, you have amazing skills with your katana."
"Thank you Imouto."

Noteworthy Possessions:
".... we both have a bracelet on our right hand...?"
"... it is very simple..."
"... nothing too important about it..."

Clan:
"We are part of the Shihaku Clan."
"We are proud to be part of this clan."

Position in Clan:
((could be second in command but that would take up the two spots would that be alright @Crow?))

Personality:
"Imouto is a very kind person but like myself she doesn't talk much... The only time she does speak is only ever when it is important... I speak most of the time whilst she stays quiet most of the time..."
"Oniichan is right... I don't talk much but when I do I do not waste the time opening and closing my mouth. It is straight to the point... Most of the time... But Oniichan looks after me like any other good Oniichan and I love Oniichan for it... He has looked after me all my life... Without him I don't what I would be doing now..."
"Thank you Imouto for those kind words... I do appreciate it..."
"That is alright Oniichan..."

History:
"Our history..... Nothing to exciting or pretty about our history... We grew up with our mother when we were younger..."
"Father had disappeared suddenly... Mother says that he went to the clouds...."
"We lived a quiet life style until one day the villagers that lived down at the bottom of the hill came up to our house and yelled at mother..."
"... they said that it was because of us that their crops weren't growing...."
".... mother tried to stop them..."
"There was a lot of noise..."
"I think there were gun shots...."
"I remember Okasan telling us to get to safety...."
"........ we got away safely...."
"..... yeah...."
"We never saw Okasan afterwards..."
"We waited for over a month...."
"... In our special place where apparently mother and father met...."
"But she didn't come...."
"So we went out...."
"... We found our way to the Shihaku Clan...."
"We will forever be grateful to the Shihaku clan for looking after us."

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no objection to this. So, @firejay1 , should these twins occupy one or two Second-in-command spot?

Reactions: EternalMusic
You don't seem to be commanding anyone, so 'Warrior' could do. Even certain characters of 'Warrior' position have their own mooks anyways, like your lupine friends.

Yeah, I kind of left that open so I wouldn't have to edit it if it turned out to be taken ^^"

Would it be okay if she was kind of a spy/assassin type fighter? I think the shadow aspect of her abilities fit that quite well

Yeah, I kind of left that open so I wouldn't have to edit it if it turned out to be taken ^^"

Would it be okay if she was kind of a spy/assassin type fighter? I think the shadow aspect of her abilities fit that quite well
That would be good. There are all kinds of 'Warrior'-type characters after all.

Thank you ^^ I'll add it in my form then :3
I guess it will be fine to let her have some npc subordinates, correct?

Yes, it world be alright.

Mmm... TBH, I prefer not to have two Second-in-Commands. I'd personally prefer them to be two Generals, to keep them at the same level, and also partially because I think the Second-in-Command should probably be a slightly stricter existence. Rio is already a softie. @EternalMusic. Your thoughts?

Well honestly I don't really mind~ They would be pretty stern if they were there. Their thoughts would always be on the overall well being of the whole clan so they wouldn't allow anything to happen to the clan. But I don't mind putting them down as Generals as well~ IT doesn't really matter to me~ ^^ If you want to have a different sort of character/s as the Second in Command~ I don't mind honestly~ I will just have to play around a little for their general positions and how they would act~ It would be fun to play with so i don't mind~ ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: firejay1
Status
Not open for further replies.