Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Kaijin-sized leader eh? I have to say, he seems pretty powerful, like MMO raid boss battle powerful, but seeing that he's in somewhat of a dormant state, he seems alright for now.

I guess I'll accept and see how Orochi rolls.

Yes time to distroy the world!
*Remembers Earth is the only known planet with corn dogs*
On second thought, I'm not going to do that.

Name:
Yangutsukai. Obviously an alias, he keeps his true name hidden.

Type:
Yokai

Race:
Kitsune

Young Form:
KitsuneBoy_zpsa4efb18b.jpg

True Form:
ftl136_eight_zpse20343cd.jpg

Powers/Abilities:
As an eight tailed kitsune, Yang's powers are quite developed due to experience and training.
He can produce a bolt of spirit consuming fox-fire from each of his tails.
He can create hard to escape from illusions powerful of enough to fool a person into thinking it's real.
He can shift his body freely to whatever form he can imagine though he prefers his youthful persona.
He can fly and levitate at will and does so often.
He has learned a handful of useful curses though he prefers not to use them.
He can teleport short distances and can choose to bring anyone touching him along with him.
His strength in any form is surprising as he can easily toss boulders with his tails in his true and child forms.

Weapons:
Preferring to keep his hands clean, physically and metaphorically, Yangtsukai prefers to let others fight for him. If the option isn't given to him then he's more than capable of holding his own with his spells as well as use his powerful tails as bludgeons. He absolutely refuses to use any of his limbs no matter what.

Noteworthy Possessions:
None

Clan:
Za Teikoku

Position in Clan:
Second in Command

Personality:
On the surface Yangtsukai is a rather innocent figure. He prefers to keep his youthful form and keeps an attitude that accommodates it rather well. He's curious and shameless, putting his nose in other people's business whether they like it or not. He's very childish, being incredibly energetic and possessive at times. He is an infamous trickster as most of his kind are though he never likes to take it too far. He never seems to stop smiling and always tries to get others to do the same one way or another. Beneath all of his warmth is something far more sinister. Rarely does he answer a question directly or give a full answer, lying more often than not if that's what it takes. He can be intimating and cruel when he wants to, particularly towards people who don't humor him. He has no problem throwing his power around if it means everyone looking up to him and in turn he's quick to turn violent if he's underestimated.

History:
From a young age 'Yangtsukai' was an ambitious youkai, not happy to just run around messing with humans all day. He was never happy with what he had, always wanting more strength and knowledge. That ambition paid off. He got his second tail by the end of the century, far before anyone had expected him to get it. He'd spent his time studying and training in an endless uphill battle to improve himself. As time went on and he grew he began to grow more lax. He took part in the tomfoolery and celebrations with the rest of his kin but that lust for more power never really left him. The more time that passed the more willing he was to do wrong in the name of self improvement. He'd taken to soul stealing in secret and found it to his liking. He reached his newest low when he encountered the shade of Orchi the snake. A deal was quick to be made. He'd serve as the serpent's mouth piece and cover for him as leader and he'd in turn reward him upon his resurrection. Now with everything slowly falling into place it's only a matter of time before the game begins.

Others:
Despite his 'loyalty' to Yamata no Orochi, Yangtsukai has a private agenda when it comes to the Hyakki Yagyo and it's leader.​

Ah, yes, it looks A-OK to me. I guess I will accept for now. It's time to go foxy.

Lots of dudes here, but I'm not one to care much about gender quota.

Huh. Didn't notice until now. My understanding was that the site's ratio was usually the other way around.

Name: Murasaki Kagami
Type: Yokai
Race: Ungaikyo
Appearance: Kagami's disguised form is a 155cm young Asian woman with dark purple hair, tied up into a ponytail. Her eyes are veiled by her frontal hair curtains. Her body is curvacious and her bust is at most a C. She generally wears a purple hoodie and a checkered skirt as opposed to something more traditional.
Her Ungaikyo form is that of a hand-held mirror with a purple base and a circular reflective surface. This mirror is often depicted with an eye in the centre. It may vary in size.
Powers/Abilities: Kagami is basically made from glass. Very heavy attacks shatter her, but her regeneration rate is rather ridiculous. In her human form, her brittleness is equal to that of a human, but her defenses appear to drop when unleashing her true forms.
In her Ungaikyo form, her reflective surface is capable of sending opponents to the mirror world if you phase through it. If she is distracted, this active ability will be temporarily deactivated, allowing you to strike the glass area. Another way is to strike the back, in which it is not made from glass, but plastic. Thus, electricity and acid are ineffective against her back.
Her reflective surface is capable of reflecting most energy-based blasts, especially light rays and shadow bursts.
She possesses another ability that must never be spoken of. This ability is, however, said to change the world before one's eyes. She has never used this ability in eons.
Having Tsukumogami physiology, she has no need for a lot of things that 'meatbags' or 'fleshlings' need.
Weapons: N/A
Noteworthy Possessions: Optional.
Clan: Tsukumogami Forces
Position in Clan: Leader
Personality: She is pretty psychotic, and does not like organic beings, or what she calls 'meatbags', occasionally 'fleshlings'. She only cares for her fellow inanimate objects and Tsukumogami, much like how a crazy cat lady keeps cats. It is near impossible to warm up to her if you are not a Tsukumogami, or do not seem like one. For such as insane person, she is not one to abuse her underlings, calling them 'brethren'. The only Tsukumogami she dislikes are those that go with 'fleshlings' instead of going against them. Her ideal world - a planet with no organic life. She's getting there alright.
History: Kagami started off like any other Tsukumogami - a simple object, discarded and left to rot. She was first constructed in China, but no one really knew what happened afterwards - presumably discarded after the family that owned her got a new mirror. Angered by this abuse, she rose into sentience and found others like her, all seeking vengeance on humans for discarding them like trash. Technically they are but let's not be too harsh.
Kagami, along with this small group of disposed goods, started the Tsukumogami Forces, who had the primary goal of ridding organic life and constructing a planet where inanimate objects can live happily without the trauma of being discarded.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it? Well, of course it is.
Others: She is a mere urban legend, and the Tsuchimikados have yet to uncover true evidence of her appearance. The Purple Mirror's 'curse' is not really a curse, and starts off with a human's encounter with her. If one does not forget about her by the midnight of their twenthieth birthday, she will absorb them into her mirror dimension and feast on their life force. This is usually the only time when she strikes. She will not perform this while she is weak. Due to the fact that this 'curse' is not a real curse, neither is it anything that shares its principles, it cannot be dispelled. This 'curse' is pure memory work, accuracy, and extreme psychotic serial killer planning.

Last edited:
Can I make a clan for half-yokai?

Ugh, sorry guys, first week of school caught me. I'll get on that second CS asap.

Go ahead Firejay. The Hyakki Yagyo does allow half-yokai too, though.

Last edited:
Name: Riohime (龍桜姫)
Type: Half-youkai
Race: Mizuchi
Appearance:
11sow48.jpg

Mizuchi1.jpg
Powers/Abilities: She can turn herself into a full water dragon, and control the weather and water. However, her transformations are extremely painful, and her control over the weather is very susceptible to her emotional state, sometimes getting out of her control.
Weapons: You can see a bit of it in the picture, but she wields a staff with a crescent moon shape attached to the top, a 3D orb of with some feather patterns on it hanging in the middle. That is her only weapon. She uses it in a number of ways. She usually only uses the staff to smack people around a bit, but she can detach both the orb and the crescent shape. The orb makes an excellent bowling ball, and the crescent piece is extremely sharp and can be used as a boomerang of sorts. This also means that the staff can be used something like a scythe, but she avoids doing so, because sometimes swinging it too hard makes the orb fall off and it's a very top-heavy piece anyways.
Noteworthy Possessions: Even when she is completely out of formal attire, dressed like a human, and trying to blend in, she wears a brilliant, sparkling blue flower hair pin to keep her hair half-up. Her mother gave it to her and it is said to have been made of one of her father's scales.
Clan: Shihaku (means waning moon, also can be read as death spirit), more commonly known as the Hanyou (half-demon) clan, and derogatorily as the Zassyu (mixed breed) clan.
Position in Clan: Leader
Clan Description: This clan is made up exclusively of half-demons. Children born of humans and youkai. While some have managed to blend in with either society, these have been rejected by both societies, hated, and isolated. Thanks to this, the clan is extremely secretive and close-knit, despite being one of the smallest clans. Half-demons can be very powerful, though, so they're not a weak clan. It is highly probable that they will refuse to get involved in any of the affairs of the youkai unless they absolutely must, because they hate and distrust both full humans and full youkai.
Clan Emblem:
arbol_de_la_vida_blanco_y_negro_yin_yang-r3c378b1e1c8148dba266685c0593bb0f_8ve9h_8byvr_512.jpg

Personality: Rio is fairly gentle and kind, accepting everyone as long as they accept her, disapproving of senseless killing, and always putting the others in her clan before herself. She will always pick isolated peace over war. However, she does not tolerate attacks to the clan, whether that be from humans, youkai, and even other half's, and if threatened will destroy the obstacle in front of her without mercy. She is very proud of what she has achieved in their community, but is not so proud that she thinks she's better than the others. She doesn't feel very confident being a leader, all the time, but at the same time feels uneasy leaving the ruling to others.
History: She grew up quietly with a single mother up in a very abandoned hut deep inside the mountains, where her mother tried to help her control her powers and told her stories about her Mizuchi father. But her mother's health was fragile, and the woman died when Rio was 13, leaving Rio to fend for herself, which she did as best she could. However, after miraculously surviving an attack from a tengu and the hostility of the closest villagers, who seemed to notice something wrong with her and forced her out, she began searching for other rejected half's, eventually finding some and starting the clan at a very young age.

Last edited:
I would love to join if you are still accepting c:

Firejay accepted

And yes Minata, we are always accepting.

This looks interesting... How advanced does my writing has to be? Do i have to type 3 paragraphs per post or is it just up to me how long my posts are?

I would like at least 1 5-line paragraph per post.

Name:
Arisu Tsuchimikado

Type:
Human

Appearance:
kimono_hime2_by_yukisora-d4iajku.jpg

Powers/Abilities:
She has the ability to summon shikigami to assist her in anyway. Because of her strong will, her shikigami's rarely every get out of hand, but it can happen.

53c523e462b83f5111be257fd0f84c70.jpeg
Kamui is as large as Arisu is and provides her with protection during battle. He tends to linger around her to provide assistance when needed. He is also the most obedient, but won't hesitate to attack her when a moment of weakness appears.
PZO1127-Pipefox.jpeg
He is mainly used for tracking, but is capable of possessing animals and humans as well.
waves%20chinese%20guild%20wars%20fantasy%20art%20creatures%20artwork_www.wall321.com_44.jpg

Nicknames 'Jiu' by Arisu, he is by far, the most ferocious out of the shikigami's. His strong armored body is able to take hits from even the most formidable opponents. Not only that, but his strength is unmatched. When his fangs make contact with his enemy, flames spew from him mouth, which can quickly trap the opponent in an inescapable fire. His aggression only adds to his strength and will. However, he tends to get out of control when out for more than 30 minutes.

Weapons:
She wields a pure white katana in a red, which is a holy sword passed down for generations. Talismans are used as well for warding off weaker demons. Paper charms are also used to summon her shikigami's.

Clan:
Tsuchimikado Clan

Position in Clan:
Leader

Clan Description: (Should I still fill this in?)

Clan Emblem:
images

Personality:
Arisu is a relatively calm and collected person, never letting little things get to her. She greets everybody with a smile and politely, which makes her appear to be a kind, gently person, and she can be. By nature, she cares and looks out for her own. However, on the contrary, she is a slightly twisted and bloodthirsty human, not afraid to make threats or use harmful ways to get what she wants, but only towards youkai. Some have called her "a demon in an angels skin," or "Angelic Demon," and surprisingly, it doesn't bother her all that much. Other than that, she is rather open minded for the leader of the Tsuchimikado Clan. She is willing to cooperate with Hyakki Yagyo in desperate situations, but she is always on guard.

History:
As a child, Arisu was raised by her father, the Clan leader before her. Her mother wasn't a big part of her life because she left after Arisu's birth. Though it was a bit difficult being the daughter of the leader, her natural abilities and talent for exorcising made it easier. Throughout years of training, she learned many things, like swordplay, use of talismans, and summoning shikigami. By the age of 18, her father grew old and passed the Clan on to her.

Others:
N/A​

Attachments

• d3e4b8224269cf41af402522d14367ed.jpeg
    d3e4b8224269cf41af402522d14367ed.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Ah yes, it looks good so far. Accepted.

If you want to give it a new emblem, go ahead.

Should we start soon?

Reactions: RaineSensei
Yup. I'm okay with that. As for my second character, I'm still searching for a good image.

Is it possible for me to make two more characters (twin Komainu)? I originally planned on only one more, but stuff happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.