Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo | 茨木童子の百鬼夜行 | Out of Character

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can control multiple characters. Are you sure you want to remove Regina?

There is little need to ask. You can.

Yea i dont want to managed multiple characters. Im not good at RPing yet to do such a high level skill.

If you wish to remove Regina from the RP, then I guess you can. We'll have less Warriors for the Hyakki Yagyo then.

WIP

New character

Name: Kai

Weapons: Sealing fury
A pair of tonfas which (in the hands of Kai) Steal spiritual energy. The amount of spiritual energy stolen is equal to the damage cause to the creature.

Powers and abilities:
Spiritual battery
Kai absorbs spiritual energy from the air or his tonfas which he can use to power his charm.

"Pull me from my loneliness Kami Rei Omi"
name: Rei Omi

Appearance:

has a a metal coil of different wire types behind her back on her waist. She also has 10 daggers across her waist
-Thin invisible string
-Sharp wire (which can cut)
-Steel (uncutable) wire

Abilities:
Enhance speed
Enhance Acrobatics
Trickster
A great lier,
-Like she can easily make the opponent think one thing and actually be doing the complete opposite...

Calorie Power (Enhance physical traits at the cost of the masters energy (calories), The bigger the calorie intake, the Greater the boost, (its an exponential scale)

Trivia:
Despite what she saids and how she acts, she is Highly loyal to Kai.
She is from japan

"Burn in the flame of my passion, Wick"

When ever Kai is in a emotional state, A flame lights above her hat. The flame grows stronger the stronger the emotion and her flames change color depending on His mood.
Lustful, inlove, love in general = Pink flame
Rage, anger, = Red
Sad, depress = Black
Envy = green

Abilities:
fire immunity. as a fire element, she is immune to fire.
Passionate Flames: Her flames grow stronger the more emotional her master is
Control of fire

Trivia:
She is hard to control unless Kai is passionate about something. If Kai ever has doubt she starts to do her own thing, which involves trying to make Kai Passionate.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Iwaku screwing up.

Quick question: in regards to the Shikigami limits, are you referring to how many can be summoned at one time or how many different ones can be summoned ever?

Quick question: in regards to the Shikigami limits, are you referring to how many can be summoned at one time or how many different ones can be summoned ever?

Not ever, more like how many you can start with.

You can summon as many Shikigami at a time, but the more Shikigami you summon, the more likely they will go out of control, unless they are docile and never meant to fight.

Not ever, more like how many you can start with.

You can summon as many Shikigami at a time, but the more Shikigami you summon, the more likely they will go out of control, unless they are docile and never meant to fight.
So as long as i dont summon more then 2 at a time, I can start off with more then 2 Familiars?

0d4fa9df948f848a7fb05a89521c7dc8.jpg

Name:
Kinzo Mai
Type: Human

Appearance:
1.65 meters and 61.23 kg Mai is averagely built, not too curvy but enough that she looks like she belongs in high school. She has short, lightly colored hair and large, light green eyes, usually found in outfits made of flowing materials and comfortable sneakers even when visiting shrines. In regard to bone structure Mai has softer features with a slightly rounded face, no real angles to speak of.

Powers/Abilities:
2013042109093143510.jpg

Shikigami: Kazuki:
Written with the characters for "harmony" and "hope", Kazuki is an "elemental" spirit who took great curiosity in Mai as a child. She takes the form of a pale, semi-translucent woman with short white hair and crystal blue eyes. Aside from giving off an aura of peace, Kazuki is able to manipulate the Aether (condensing energy into physical blasts) and is Mai's only combative connection. Mai summons her by writing her name on a paper crane (Tsuru), thus giving her corporeal form.

Origami Charms: Mai can animate origami figures (folded by her own hand) in order to channel her spiritual power. The figure determines the type of charm and its use while limitations are based off of the physical, emotional and spiritual health of the castor. They cannot be reused and will disintegrate after use. Mai keeps a small bag filled with her origami charms with her at all times.

Usagi (Rabbit): Cleansing: A small but mighty charm, used to channel Mai's spiritual power to rid a room of negative energies or weaken "evil" beings. A bigger area of effect requires multiple figures with a limit of five figures: this is large enough to cleanse a room the size of an average classroom. Prolonged animation can become incredibly draining and has a time limit of 3-5(max) minutes.

Neko (Cat): Protection: The most powerful of her charms (excluding the summoning of Kazuki), Mai can animate up to two of these guys consecutively/simultaneously before passing out. Will follow the castor around and protect them from harm by creating a spiritual barrier between them and the threat. Physical attacks will destroy the barrier immediately, projectiles will weaken until it's eventually dispelled.

Kaeru (Frog): Guide: The weakest but most useful of Mai's charms is the Kaeru charm which hops along in front of the castor to lead them to a desired location. For this charm to work, the desire location must be written onto the figure's back. Easy to make but equally easy to destroy because it hops along on the ground, and is still only made of paper. Mai, however, can only use this charm to find places and not people. (At least not yet)...

Weapons:
Aside from her shikigami, Mai doesn't have much in the way of weapons. She'll fight with a simple staff if she has to but she prefers to not get involved with the physical fight.

Clan: Tsuchimikado
Position in Clan: Supporter

Personality:
Mai is your typical small, shy girl. When confronted with conflict she has a tendency to shy away, despite her involvement in the life of an onmyouji. This shyness of hers, however, is not indicative of her strength. Surprisingly, Mai can hold her own against an opponent of similar stature and use her spiritual abilities in increasinly creative ways to overcome obstacles. This creativity also comes hand in hand with her habit to space out and wander off, often needing someone to keep her grounded and focused on whatever task needs completion.

Additionally, Mai is incredibly calm, borderline docile and not easily swayed... An important trait for someone whose power relies so heavily on her mental health. More easily excited than upset, Mai has a cheerful persona, but she remains more spacey than wild. She takes her relationships with people very serious, including her relationship with her shikigami, much to the disapproval of the other clan memebers. Any sort of insult or danger posed to people she cares about will greatly trouble Mai and result in cold retaliation if push comes to shove. While intelligent, Mai is still pretty young and naive to the ways of the world, having a child-like view of life. This is most obviously seen in her belief that the Yokai and their clans are not evil but misunderstood... Something not readily shared by other humans.

History:
While her family name doesn't match that of the clan's, Mai is a direct descendant of the bloodline. The bloodline is, however, on her mother's side rather than her father's; hence the family name of Kinzo. Before having Mai, her mother Tomoe was a constant presence in the shrine, dedicated to keeping the grounds clean and healthy. Even after marrying and having a daughter, her mother would visit at least a few times a week, bringing Mai along with her to see her heritage. This stopped when Mai turned 6 after her mother fell ill, bed ridden, she ceased to visit the shrine and eventually passed away after Mai had turned 7. Mai's father, who not only grieved for the loss of his beloved, had to focus on his work to stay on top of the bills. It was until Mai turned 10 that she began visiting the shrine again, stopping by on her way back from school just to check in with her extended family and friends of her mothers. Overtime, Mai grew to like the shrine and would visit both on her way to and from school, and eventually even spending her days off helping out around the grounds.

Over the year Tomoe had been sick, she taught Mai the art of charm making and told her stories of the power handed down through her family. She instructed her in the ways of finding her inner power, watching proudly as her daughter learned how to make charms, creatively using the origami figures they folded together. After passing away, Mai continued to teach herself in private until she had the courage to approach the leader of the clan for further instruction. It was under the instruction of this clan that she really grew into her power, officially joining when she was 15 as a supporting member. Part of this training included learning the art of Shikigami summoning and control. At first she struggled with the concept, unwilling to put another "being" under her control. It wasn't until she met a spirit hanging around the tree in her backyard that she changed her mind. While nobody else could see the true form of the spirit, Mai could and often spoke with the kind wisp. The pair forming a mutual bond, Mai gave the wisp a proper name and fashioned an origami crane to summon the spirit, technically controlling it but with a kind hand. To this day she looks up to the clan leader, thinking of him like an older brother... Despite the rather large age difference.

Others:
Mai has an unnatural love for pasta and can consume alarming amounts of it by herself. Her favorite is penne with vodka sauce, a dish she often has to make at home due to its foreign nature. White rice also falls into this category of odd consumption.

Because of her spaced out nature, she lacks the ability to sense the spiritual powers of others unless they are immensely powerful or without extreme concentration.
~~~

d2fb5d0cac0108e528c1b44031877eb1.jpg

Name:
Morihiro Kentaro
Type: Human

Appearance:
Kentaro has a constant business look about him, even his casual outfit looking like a high end bartender. He has dark hair that is longer in length but well kept and his eyes are a dark grey, adding to his air of stoic mystery. He stands at 1.92 meters in height and weighs about 90.72 kg, a lean frame not exactly known for his physical strength.

Powers/Abilities:
[spoili]
ferret_poseable_art_doll_by_rikercreatures-d8ljezp.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]

27f676712841f89870f9f075416d29dd.jpg
[/spoili]
Shikigami: Gorou: Written with the characters for "five" snd "son", Gorou is technically one entity able to split himself into five smaller wisps. Normally he presents himself as a small white ferret that follows Kentaro around. When "activated" he takes on the form of five wisps that can be controlled separately from each other. If they pass through a human, it creates the illusion of injury or pain, temporarily incompaciting the victim. If directd at a Yokai, it'll temporarily banish those lacking corporeal form and will intensely burn those with physical bodies.

Sealing Barriers: Kentaro's power is a little different than the average Onmyoji, presenting itself as a hybrid of techniques. Using paper charms he can create barriers, but they aren't designed to keep people in or out, rather they are used to limit the flow/usage of spiritual power andmagic. These can be attached either to a single person or spread apart to create an indescrimantory area of effect. While within the barrier, weaker beings will lose all of their supernatural abilities while stronger beings are slowly drained of their power. The longer they spend in the barrier, the more power they lose.

In extreme cases, usually life or death, Kentaro can use this ability to channel the energy through himself, but this can be incredibly dangerous.

Spiritual Awareness: Like most Onmyoji, Kentaro has a special sense of the world. Including other onmyoji, spirits, and Yokai.

Weapons:
Kentaro weilds a two piece Chakram, holding half in each hand for close quarter combat. The pieces can also be attached together and thrown, enchanted to return to his hand unless it's caught or lodged in an object.

Clan: Tsuchimikado
Position in Clan: Supporter

Personality:
Kentaro is a quiet and mysterious guy, few people know what he's thinking or feeling at any given time. When he does speak, he can be very analytical and cold, not to mention blunt with his words. He's mot particularly mean, he just says things how he sees them, which often creates conflict through misunderstandings. Despite his cold appearance, Kentaro is truly a caring character and dislikes seeing people sad or in pain. He doesn't stand for bullying by any faction, human or yokai alike.

He can be as fierce as he is quiet, his silent rage more terrifying simply due to the fact that you can't tell what he's actually feeling. Additionally, he's not one to just lay down and let things slide, nor does he follow orders without question. It's not to say he doesn't reapect the chain of comman, because he does but if told to do something that he doesn't necessarily agree is the right thing to do, then he will call it out. Regardless, he'll eventually follow his orders but tends to do so in his own way, making him rather unpredictable to both his enemies and allies.

When it comes to yokai, he treats their prescence with disdain. It can't be said that he hates them but he doslikes them greatly. He disapproves of his leader's decision to work along side them, and frowns upon his lax attitude but keeps his thoughts limited to a few grimaces here and there.

History:
Kentaro grew up an only child with parents mostly too busy to spend much time with him. Being the quiet, Kentaro didn't join any clubs or sports and few friends through school. Rather, he spent most of his time with his nose in a book, whether it be novels or textbooks. Expected to take over his father's business, Kentaro studied hard with a goal of reaching a prestigious university. During his studies he found that the business wasn't something that particularly interested in, secretly changing his focus to that of the sciences. Graduating at the top of his class, Kentaro succeeded in entering the university of his choice. Fascinated with biology, Kentaro graduated university with Bio-engineering degree which he immediately put to use becoming an analyst in a laboratory for a pharmaceuticals company.

As much interest Kentaro showed in the sciences, however, he was very intune with the spiritual world. From a young age he could tell that there was more to the world than what met the eyes, his curiosity driving him to seek out answers. Reading about yokai and spirits in a book, he visited a nearby shrine to inquire about ways to ward against the beings he feared. Rather than walking away with a few charms and a pat on the head like he expected, he was recruited to join the clan of Onmyoji that ran the place. It was here that he learned all the basic skills of the Onmyoji that he would take with him when he went away for school. After he graduated University, Kentaro moved back to town for work, reconnecting with the shrine he held close to his heart.

Others:
He doesn't have much contact with his father anymore, but takes his mother out to lunch pretty frequently.​

Last edited by a moderator:
@Crow I've added a more detailed description to my form ^^

Yay! Startness. I'll post for my yokai in a few, then finish up the human character sheets.

Hey, @Minami... How did you do that with your IC post? I think it might come in handy when I start using more of my characters in one post, but I don't know how to it yet. T.T

Hey, @Minami... How did you do that with your IC post? I think it might come in handy when I start using more of my characters in one post, but I don't know how to it yet. T.T
You mean the line around my text?
Its a fieldset, the bb code is;

[ Fieldset= Enter name or title] [/ fieldset]

You can also give it a colored line, but I forgot how to do that xD

@Crow

Can i give Regina one more power.

i want her to be able to turn her body into a swarm of insects. (since she is a spirit of insects)

You mean the line around my text?
Its a fieldset, the bb code is;

[ Fieldset= Enter name or title] [/ fieldset]

You can also give it a colored line, but I forgot how to do that xD

Thanks, I'm sure now that I know what it is I'll be able to fiddle with it to find out how to change the color. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.