Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo | 茨木童子の百鬼夜行 | Out of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'll be keeping it open for quite a while after we start.

Reactions: WeepingLiberty
Alright I'll refrain from making a General. I'll make an Warrior for the Yokai clan instead.

I'm working on my form ^^

Updated the history and the shikigami list for my character, Tsuchimikado Satomi.

Shikigami will have to be placed under the 'abilities' section, along with brief descriptions of each Shikigami and their respective abilities. If you feel that they need some sort of limit, a summoning time limit could be used.

Shikigami will have to be placed under the 'abilities' section, along with brief descriptions of each Shikigami and their respective abilities. If you feel that they need some sort of limit, a summoning time limit could be used.
Done.

Satomi's looking good.

I doubt the 'only one who can' thing will truly be true but you can leave those there or something.

Real powerful guy, but something tells me that he'll be alright to roll.

Also guys, just a heads up - this roleplay isn't meant to be too serious. There'll be lots and lots of bizzarities and a fair mix of fighting and drama and to some form of extent, death which may or may not result in revival.

Last edited:
That will be allowed.

Hey hey, I had a thought.
What if a character who is a hybrid (Half yokai half human, half faerie half yokai, etc.) were to be brought up. Would it be allowed?

What if a character who is a hybrid (Half yokai half human, half faerie half yokai, etc.) were to be brought up. Would it be allowed?
A hybrid had been displayed. I'm still kind of iffy about hybrids, so a good deal of my RPs prefer it if the child only had one of the parent's species while inheriting a few physical traits like hair and looks from the other. However, I've altered it in some ways, so human-other hybrids are possible.

Fae-Yokai hybrids will not be possible right now.

W3i4FYJ.png

"I'm glad you came..."

Name:
Sachi
(幸)

Type:
Human

Appearance:
She stands at a mere 1.5 metres tall and is quite curveless and flat.

Powers/Abilities:
Lightning - via the control of metal, she can dispel various lightning strikes at opponents if a metallic or conducting catalyst, such as her Tessen are used.

Fire - self-explanatory. She can release flames through various talismans.

Fire Resistance - Supposedly permanent burns can be healed much like a simple cut.

Cleansing - able to use talismans to repel yokai presences.

yokai_monsters__ushi_oni_by_loneanimator-d5oop0z.jpg

Shikigami Gyuki - Her only known Shikigami. A small being twice the size of a Tyrantula. It is implied to have great growth potential. Unlike this picture, its head looks more spider-like with more eyes, and it is furry like a Tyrantula. It is supposed to look as much as a bull like how a rhinocerous beetle resembles a rhinocerous. For the time being, it possesses the ability to spin webs like a regular spider, as well as spew flames. It trusts Sachi and is rather easy to control. Implied to be sentient, it has been shown to hold conversations and speak human. If she manages to summon more than one of this unit, the Gyuki herd will act like a hivemind.
It isn't very strong and can be improvised as scouts or for stealth missions. Easy to control and command at its size.

Weapons:
She wields a pair of tessen, each with talismans embedded onto them.

Noteworthy Possessions:
Optional.

Clan:
Tsuchimikado Clan

Position in Clan:
Support

Personality:
Sachi is just a normal young girl, and doesn't seem to have many known interests. Being a mere kid, she is a simple person who is kind of naive. She's just an average girl waiting for a knight in shining armour riding on a horse to walk into her life, even though the likelihood of such is low. She makes inferences based on her collection of Shoujo manga and as a result, isn't the brightest bulb and might do the dumbest things. She's better off off-duty and playing around, which she is seen doing pretty often. As a result, she tends to shrines instead of fighting.
She is very easy to convince should one beg for mercy.

History:
Sachi was a little orphan who took shelter in one of the Tsuchimikado Clan's shrines. As she was found on the third of March, she was named 'Sachi' and soon made this shrine her home. This shrine was often a meeting place for Tsuchimikado Clan members from time to time, which was how she knows a good deal of them.
While living in the shrine, she learned their ways and methods from a very young age. By her current age, she was a novice onmyoji, but while not suited for battle, was quite talented. However, as she grew, she became a little more rebellious, refuses to further her knowledge.

Others:
She is placed as 'Support' not because she is, but because she is not strong enough and is still in-training. She doesn't seem to like training much, however.​

Last edited:
@Crow I finished my form ^^

@Minami

Ah yes.
Oh, by the way, this isn't based off Nurarihyon no Mago. If it was I'd stick to the Sengoku Era like you suggested. This Nurarihyon in this RP never did have offspring. This Nurarihyon was never able to do the cool hair thing like the Nurarihyon in Nurarihyon no Mago. The clan was essentially his only known family.

In fact, Nurarihyon in this RP is kinda different from that Nurarihyon, or any Nurarihyon for that matter. Of course, depiction-wise he's similiar, but you will see.

That's nothing major, let's see what is...

I don't really know if Nyx is an Oriental name but let's just leave it as it is. Probably an Alice-Arisu or a Karen-Karen thing. Yeeeeaaaaah.

... yeah, this is gonna be good. Just fix that and we should be good.

Why do pictures keep breaking?

With not many Tsuchimikado members, I may consider not involving them in Arc 0. I will consider starting soon. I'm still deciding between two possibilities for Arc 0, but since it's Arc 0, I guess making a boring choice will make Arc 1 feel better right?

Last edited:
If you need more low-ranking characters, I can handle picking up one or two more. Just tell me where you want them.

Ah okay, I'll edit that out ^^

If you need more low-ranking characters, I can handle picking up one or two more. Just tell me where you want them.

The Tsuchimikado Clan, particularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.