I whispered in her ear, you better fear me dear for I am death

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nope, but I'm going to find out..." Ash said as he walked over to a window and looked outside. He didn't see anything but he walked over to the other window, and just then lightening dance through the sky and hit the ground a little ways from the town. He jumped back as the wind blew heavily and knocked something against the window making the same noise. "Its just the wind banging something against the window I guess.... Its storming pretty bad outside." He said closing the curtains as more lighting flared through the sky and rain drops started pounding against the roof.

Jae nodded, watching him carefully, making sure he seemed clear of danger. When he mentioned a storm, she sat down, leaning against the wall. "Oh..okay." She stared up at the ceiling. "You should get some sleep." She said, placing her knife on a shelf beside her and laying on her back, still staring at the ceiling, breathing in the sounds of the raindrops on the roof.

Ash didn't answer her, he opened his mouth to say something and then closed it again and looked away. "Are you really good?" He asked looking over at her cautiously.

Jae looked at him, understanding what he felt. "Why would I lie to you? Yes, I am good. Jae, at your service. I used to be neutral, not caring, but then.." she broke off for a minute, moving her gaze to the ceiling and taking a deep breath. "They all lived in this small shop..and it caught fire..I watched them all die..there was nothing I could do, so I wanted to keep that from ever happening." She pulled of her dogtags, holding them out for him to look if he wanted. "One is mine, the other was my best friend's, her name was Lasey. She lived in the shop..we made those a while back at some machine we found." She looked back over at him, a small smile. "It's fun to see you all learn ways to pass by things..Without cheating or some things."

Startled by the noise, Andy instinctively rolled out of bed and grabbed her bow in the process. She walked over to the door and listened in on Jae and Ash's conversation. When Jae finished, Andy pushed open the door. "What happened to your friend? They did something to her, didn't they? The creatures. Is that why aren't you neutral anymore?" she directed to Jae.

(Sorry, I haven't had time to post. I'm in the process of moving.)

((It's okay.))

Jae looked back to the ceiling, hiding her wince. "Yes, that's why I'm against them now..and she..she burned..they chained her to the ground..throwing the necklace at me and laughing. It seems so long ago."

OOC:Okay, that's fine. (:

Ash could see the honestly and sadness in her face and he believed her. "I'm so sorry... I used to live with other humans, we were like a team and we would go and find the dark creatures to kill, except one day one of the creatures came to our hiding place when I was out surveying the area...I came back and found all of them slaughtered and killed. They've killed everyone I've ever loved or cared about." Ash said feeling a pain in him as dark memories flashed through his mind. He looked over at Andy as the girl appeared in the room. "I kept my distance from everyone since then, I didn't want to see anyone I cared about get murdered again so I decided being alone was the best way...Andy is the first person I've teamed up with to help since then. I've heard about other good creatures, but I didn't believe or trust it, now I do though." He said.

Jae nodded slowly, taking a deep breath to clear her blurry eyes. "I've never told anyone..of course, no one has ever actually noticed me until I fight some dark creature that tries to spring on them." She said carefully. "You two are the best humans, survival wise and civil wise, that I've met since..ever." She said.

"Hopefully we will be able to keep surviving..." Ash said as his eyes went completely dark and sad. He shook his head and sighed, "We need to make a plan though, and we can't waist any time. Your brother may be alive now, but maybe not for long." He said not making eye contact with Andy. It may have been sad to think that they might not be able to find her brother in time, but it was the cold truth.

Jae glanced between Andy and Ash. "Brother?" She didn't know what they were talking about, but if it was another human or good creature, she was willing to help.

Alex dragged her boots through the snow as she approached the large city. She sincerely hoped she might find a place for her to rest there. She'd been traveling nonstop ever since she broke camp early that morning. She couldn't help but pause for a moment, leaning heavily on her walking stick as she caught her breath. Come on, it's just a little farther, she encouraged herself. Shifting her backpack, she continued on. Her eyes darted back and forth, keeping a careful lookout for any creatures that might be lurking in this city. Once she was within it, she noticed the distinct lack of people as she cautiously made her way along the side of the street. This didn't come as too much of a surprise for her, for she had seen many other cities like this one, completely deserted. But she had been hoping there might be at least a few survivors. Some companionship would be great right about now. It had been years since she last saw another human being. She didn't want to be alone any longer.

In a different area of the city, Hannibol Damien padded along with her nose to the cold ground. It was unlikely she'd be able to pick up any scents in the snow, but she didn't care. If she didn't find another living creature within the next few minutes she thought for sure she'd go insane. Or at least more so than she already was. And if she were to come across someone, they had better not be one of those dark creatures. She despised those things with a passion. It would be hard for her to resist tearing them to pieces on sight. But thankfully she's not that dumb. There would be a good chance of her getting hurt in such a fight, and she couldn't risk any injuries slowing her down. She had to find Alex before anything else did. As this thought crossed her mind she picked up her pace. Trotting through the streets, she kept her eyes and ears peeled for any signs of life.

Jae cleared her throat. "Nevermind. You both should probably go back to sleep." She said quietly, sitting back down.

((Sorry for taking so long, I haven't been able to get onto a computer since now.))

Ash looked towards the door, "I'm not very tired..." He said sitting down on the couch and keeping his eye on the door. "There's too many of them out tonight, I want to make sure we are all safe."

Leah walked through the town with her brother at her side. She began to half sing half hum a song that she couldn't exactly remember besides a few parts. In her hand was one of her deadly sharp throwing knifes, her finger rubbed against the blades edge as they walked through the city. "Levi, I'm bored..." She sighed and began putting one foot in front of another like she was walking along an invisible rope. She closed her eyes and stopped as she listened for anything. Her eyes snapped open as she heard boots dragging through snow. She looked over and saw her brother had already stopped and had a dazzling, but scary smirk on his face.

"A human girl...And she's alone." Levi whispered beginning to walk forward again. "I guess you won't be bored for much longer, sister." He said as the quickly came closer and closer to the girl whos name was Alex.

Jae nodded and leaned back. She felt too tired and sore to transform again, so she just pulled the hood of her jacket up over her head, shadowing her face. "I think they're looking for the ghost girl." She said, referring to the girl who had given them time to escape earlier.

"Hm...Yea maybe." He said taking his eyes away from the door to look at Jae who looked pretty tired, "You should probably get some sleep..."

As she trudged along, the hair on the back of Alex's neck began to stand on end. She was getting the sensation that she was being watched. A quick scan of the surrounding buildings didn't tell her anything more. She made a point to not look behind her. If she was being followed, she didn't want whoever or whatever it was to know she was aware of their presence. Tightening her grip on her walking stick, she fought to keep walking a steady pace and not speed up. Keep calm Alex. You know better than to show any weakness in a situation like this, she coached herself. She did her best to suppress her fatigue for the moment. Even though she was exhausted, she had no doubt she'd have plenty of adrenaline keep her up and able to do whatever it would take to stay alive in this place. She could already feel her heart starting to beat faster in her chest. All she could do now was pray that whatever was watching her won't just try to kill her on sight.

Hannibol Damien was getting more and more antsy by the minute. Surely there had to be something living in a city this big. Much to her dismay, she wasn't picking up any scents so far. She was about ready to give up when she finally caught a whiff of something near the edge of the town. Smells like... Hmm, a dog, I think. And... Oh, oh, what's this? Humans! Jackpot! Her head shot up to look around, trying to see where they might've gone. A nearby building standing off by itself caught her attention. She loped over to it, hardly containing her excitement. A quick sniff at the doorstep confirmed her suspicions, the scents did lead here. Without much hesitation, Hanni turned invisible and fazed through the front door. She was a bit shocked by the contrast of the inside of the house to its outer appearance. Her ears perked up with interest as she focused on the shape sitting against the wall not far from the door. It looked like a human girl, but she was sorely disappointed when her nose registered dog. Being careful not to brush up against the girl, she padded past into the closest room. She winced as her claws clicked on the floor once or twice despite her best efforts to make no sound. She looked upon the boy sitting on a couch with interest. This one was indeed human, and about the same age as Alex too. She sat down next to the couch, watching silently while trying to decide what to do next.

Ash felt an uneasy feeling sweep over his, he didn't know why but he felt like there was another presence in the room...That was crazy though, he could see or hear anything and this building was the practically the safest place in the whole city! He shifted his potion still a little confused by the feeling of fear that crawled through his body.

Levi and Leah were gaining on the girly quickly, coming closer and closer every second until they were less then a block behind her. Leah could feel her brother's excitement as they kept on getting closer. "Levi, we don't want to kill the girl okay? We're just going to mess with her a little..." She said darkly eyeing her brother to see his reaction.

"Whatever you say, sis." Levi said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. His eyes glinted there clear grey color as the moon peeked out from behind the dark storming clouds. "Okay, I'm going to get in front of her, you stay back here." He said moving away silently. His legs stiffened beneath him and then he launched himself upward up onto the top of a building. It didn't take him long to leap from rooftop to rooftop until he was a little ways in front of the girl. He stopped and leaped off the roof, landed almost without a sound on the soft snowy ground below. He could see the outline of his sister a little ways behind them still, but rather then worry about her he set all of his attention onto the human girl.

Jae shook her head and started to say something, but she went instantly silent, staring at the middle of the room and being very quiet. She had heard something and she was sure of it. A low growl sounded in the room, but it went away as Jae decided not to worry the humans. "I don't need to sleep right now, I work better under extreme circumstances." And she was being truthful. The less sleep she had, the more alert and the more careful she was.

Alex was fairly certain now that she was being followed. Despite this fact, she kept her steady calm pace and didn't look back. Absently, she patted one of her pockets of her cargo pants to reassure herself that the calltrops were still there. She'd much rather slow down whatever was tailing her rather than fighting if she could help it. Suddenly, someone or something dropped down in front of Alex. She immediately came to a stop and stayed very still. No doubt about it, even though he looked fairly humanoid she could tell this was obviously a creature. Keep calm, she reminded herself once again. Let's see if it might be friendly. Although she highly doubted it, she still smiled kindly at the being standing before her and said cheefully, "Hello there."

Hannibol Damien could already tell they could sense her presence. Not like she really cared, since they didn't seem to be doing anything about it. Well, except the young man was obviously becoming frightened. She found that relatively amusing. And the dog-girl-thing's growl amused her as well. How cute, it thinks it's threatening. She was beginning to think she could have some real fun with these two. Besides, it had been so very long since she last had the chance to scare someone. She wasn't going to give up such a great opportunity like this. So, still invisible, she decided to speak up. "Sleep is for the weak," she said in a low, menacing voice, and followed it up with a wicked cackle.

Lightning fast Ash jumped up to his feet and launched himself at his weapons which were lined up against the wall, his mind raced for which one to grab, he didn't know what he was dealing with if he couldn't see it. He grabbed his gun, if anything this would slow it down at least... He thought as he rolled across the ground, smoothly grabbing the gun, and came up to a crouch as he listened for any more sounds to tell where the thing was.

Levi let out a dark chuckle which made even himself feel a little uneasy at the sound. His eyes very a very dark grey now, almost black rather then their usual clear light color. He waved a hand slowly as his nail elongated and a horrible but still dazzling smirk came across his face as his sister came up upon the girl without notice.

"Hello!" Leah suddenly said a few feet behind Alex. She let out a dangerous laugh and narrowed her eyes at the girl as her hair moved around her face and body framing it beautifully. "Mmm, ignore my brother, he can be a little bit extreme at times." She sighed, "What is a little, helpless, useless human like yourself doing out all alone at night though...That is very dangerous!" She added in a harsh voice that still had a hint of sweetness in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.