[Huntress] I Did This For You [Archailfire]

"Do you think you'll be able to stitch them up yourself? I don't mind helping." She smiled the slightest. "I'll take the bullets out, you need rest." Something seemed off about him, Korbin didn't usually act like that. He almost seemed afraid. She was hurt when he didn't take her hand. The man could barely walk, what was he trying to prove to her? Shaking her head she walked towards the fire. "What do you mean what happened? We were attacked." She spoke as she sat down and looked up at him. The fire bringing a nice subtle warmth. "Nothing is happening to me Korbin... Am I not allowed to step up and help you fight?" She met his eyes. "You're always getting hurt to protect me. And that hurts me...So I decided to start helping. And don't say you didn't need help...You would have died tonight if I wasn't there." She sighed. "And that's something I wouldn't be able to handle..." She muttered. Looking into the fire. She clenched her jaw and exhaled sharply as she dug around in the dirt and picked at the small roots in the ground. "Go get some rest. You seem to need it more than I do. I'll stand guard tonight. The sun should be rising soon anyway..." She sighed and smirked sadly as she continued to watch the fire.

Looking up to her he gave a slight nod, "I'll get some rest when we're patched up..." He replied looking to her, milling over everything she had said. "I was talking about, how are you able to do what you did? You shouldn't be moving with the bite you took, you kicked a hundred pound animal off of you... you damn near ripped out another's throat... Bree, no human should be able to do this... what happened?" He asked again, leaning in a bit closer, true concern in his eyes before he winced, realizing his wounds once more. Getting up he moved to one of the bags, coming back with a sterile surgical kit, one of the few they had. "Help stitch me and I'll get the buckshot out of you..." He spoke before he poured nearly half of a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, holding back a yell of pain as it fizzed along the dozen shallow and deep cuts.

Bree looked over at him eyebrow raised. There was no way the wolf weighed 100 pounds. It felt like nothing when she kicked it off her. As for the other one...she just managed to get it in a position where it couldn't attack, then she tightened her grip. It's not rocket science, if people can do it to other people why can't she do it to an animal? She met his eyes and bit her lip. "I dunno Korbin...Adrenaline? Does it really matter that much? We're both alive aren't we?" She spoke to him as he walked away, soon returning with medical supplies. She watched him pour the peroxide on his wound and winced at the sizzling sound that seemed to boom and echo in her ears. The smell of the chemical was so strong she could taste it, and it made her was to throw up. "Gosh! Do you need any more?" Bree coughed and gagged slightly as she plugged her nose.

Moving closer to Korbin, Brianna started spreading the chemical so it could clean all the wounds along his arms. Then grabbing the needle and the thread she followed his instructions and begun stitching up the wounds that required it the most. Soon that was over with and it was her turn. Brianna never did well with pain. Looking up at the sky she noticed that it began getting brighter as the sun started rising. Glancing over her shoulder towards Korbin the fear was evident in her face. "Try to make it quick and as painless as possible...please..." She told him and looked away, waiting to feel that sharp yanking pain.

He looked up to her, giving a small nod. Adrenaline, okay he'd seen others do insane things with it. Accepting the answer he winced from the peroxide, though her reaction made him raise an eyebrow. "Sorry, I just didn't want tetanus..." He replied before walking her through the process, biting at his shirt at every moment he could to try and keep from screaming at the top of his lungs. As she finished he released a long sigh, working his fingers before he nodded. "I'll do what I can..." He spoke before taking her arm, pouring some of the peroxide on it and leaving it before wiping it away. Taking forceps and a scalple he did his best to be fast, having to cut it a bit before he pulled the two lead balls out. "Want to keep them?" He asked with a chuckle, trying to make her feel better before he sewed the two holes. "There, good as I can get it." He replied before wrapping a strip of clean cloth around it, followed by his own arms.

The sudden quick stinging of the peroxide surprised Bree as she let out a scream of pain and surprise. "Was that really necessary?" She mumbled. The pain continued as Brianna winced with every motion Korbin made. Tears were brimming in her eyes before finally pouring over the edge. Clenching her tightly she whimpered and soon it was over. Quickly wiping the tears away she shot Korbin a glare over her shoulder. "No I don't want to keep them..." She spoke firmly. Pain returned as he stitched the wounds shut. In contrast to the pain he had just caused his hands were so gentle when wrapping the wounds up. His cooler skin making contact with hers. It felt rather refreshing. She looked over at him and smirked. "Thanks Korbin."

Brianna ran her blood stained hands up and down his smooth, well built and recently scarred arms. Turning around she met his eyes and chuckled slightly, biting her lip. "We both need to wash up..." Looking over at Ashley and her father Brianna's gaze soon returned to Korbins eyes. "Think they'll be okay for a while..." Didn't really ask...more so stated. "The river isn't too far from here. Just a quick wash up and we'll come back...what do you say?" Brianna cocked her head to the side slightly and smiled with a soft chuckle.

He gave an apologetic nod, "Don't want it getting infected..." He replied while he did his best to be as quick and efficient as he could. He was no medic, only having rudimentary skills they taught at basic and boy scouts. As she smirked he released a sigh, glad to see that she had eased up a bit. "You're welcome, s-sorry, I didn't mean to shoot you, I didn't even know you were there... luckily it just hit the meat... and was only two of the nine balls." He replied before he rolled up what little was left of the kit and stuffed it into a bag.

Feeling her touch upon his arms he felt a slight heat well up in him. She never touched him like that after all. The chuckle and the bite made his stiffen up just a bit, he expected her to suggest that they take turns but the concept of going together made him blush lightly before he cleared his throat. "It would be a good idea..." He replied looking to her, "After that we need to get rid of the wolves, take their pelts though for warmth." He spoke before he gave her a nervous nod.

Brianna giggled slightly. "How about you worry about survival later. You can do whatever you want to the wolves...right now I just want to get this blood off me..." She couldn't help but notice the slight pink colour that appeared on his cheeks, along with the nervous words and shaky breaths. Standing up Brianna pulled him up without caring if he wanted to or not. Taking his hand she led the way to the river as the sun was rising above them. The bright orange light shinning through the trees. She couldn't help but smile as she stretched.

Eventually they got to the river and Bree started removing her clothes. In her underwear she glanced at Korbin. Shaking her head she sighed. 'Whatever...we've been through so much together...' She thought. Removing her panties and bra she kept her back towards Korbin before running into the river. The cold refreshing water gave her a jolt of energy as she shivered slightly upon making contact with the cold water. Completely submerging herself she came back up and threw her hair back. Running a hand through her wet hair she made sure to keep most of her body in the water before she started scrubbing at all the dried blood. "Come on...it's just a little cold." She called out to Korbin in an almost teasing tone.

He blinked as he was pulled along, surprised that she was so... willing. What brought this on? Near death excitement? He wasn't complaining but he was definitely confused. Korbin followed her through the trees, turning away from her to let her undress, expecting only to see her in her underwear if he turned anyway. As he got his boots off he saw her rear rocking as she ran into the water. It made him freeze in surprise, shamefully unable to pull his eyes away. She was his friend after all, he shouldn't be just staring at her but it had been months since he even had a chance at seeing anyone naked but himself. Always he had been cautious about her privacy.

Her tease made him stiffen a bit more, though he would undress as well, deciding to leave his boxers on until he was stomach deep in the water, throwing them back to shore while he moved a bit deeper in, wincing from the cold though taking it a bit better. He was used to such environments, he thrived in the chilled areas. Stealing a small glance to her he quickly focused on cleaning himself. God knew he wanted to look, to see the girl he had longed for from afar but this wasn't right... (I gotta feeling this may need moved to mature.)

When he came in she smiled although blushed slightly as well. It's not as if she hadn't seen him shirtless before. But it had been a while, she had forgotten how nice he looked. Not that his appearance was the only thing that mattered. She was lucky to be friends with a man who not only could be the captain of the football team but was also a sweet heart. He seemed so shy, which caused her to chuckle as she continued scrubbing the dried blood off her body. Looking down at all the wounds from earlier she noticed that a lot of them had started to heal and almost become unnoticeable. The only marks that were extremely evident—other than the deeper wounds that were already healing—were the bite mark and claw mark from the night before...the night she was attacked.

Brianna chuckled when she saw Korbin looking away, trying to mind his own business. Slowly moving up behind him she wrapped her hands around him and placed her chin on his shoulder, her face basically next to his. A soft giggle escaped her as she looked at him. "Do you need some help scrubbing off?" She asked as her hands explored his stomach and chest. "Just wondering..." She whispered in his ear. Brianna didn't usually come on to people with such ease and so quickly, so her actions confused her as well; but it felt good and it made her happy. She had liked Korbin from the first time they met, and the fact that he gave her attention from the start just made things even better for her. If he didn't feel the same that was fine, but he must have some emotions towards her...or that's what she thought. It made sense, no one just protects someone like he does, no one of his 'status' gives a girl of Bree's 'status' attention...There was definitely something, Brianna would just have to find out for herself, hopefully soon...

His eyes darted over her shoulder, noting the bite was looking better than it did the night before, maybe it wasn't as bad as he thought. Once more Korbin was rationalizing his thoughts about what was happening to her, trying to find a good reason and not to press any further as it seemed to make her angry. When she looked to him he would quickly look away, going back to wiping his arms and chest within reason of his wounds. The sound her her moving closer brought a slightly brighter blush while he stood up a bit straighter, subconsciously flexing in an attempt to impress. He still did it, tried to make himself stand out, even in highschool he tried to stand out from the more confident jocks. The feeling of her body against his back sent a thrill up his spine. How couldn't he react to it, all he could hope for was that she wouldn't notice. Looking over to her he gave a slight nod. "I can't reach my back..." He replied, a small shiver running down him though it wasn't from the cold.

Trying to focus himself he returned to cleaning his wounds and hands, getting the grime and blood from under his nails while he took a long deep breath. Thankful for the cold shower effect of the water. Part of him still wanted to turn to her, to tell her he liked her and let what happens happen. He didn't want to risk it though, he didn't want to threaten their survival by causing a schism between them.

As he responded to her question Brianna smiled and slid off him slowly. getting her hands wet she started scrubbing his back and somewhat giving him a massage. Her hands secretly caressing his body, traveling over every muscle, feeling how they moved and functioned. His back was well toned as the rest of his body was too. Although he wasn't large, but her had a good amount of muscle on him. She started scrubbing a little harder to make sure all the dirt and blood came off, as memories from school and before the war flashed through Brianna's mind. How the two met, the first time they spoke to each other, the pain of rejection, the physical pain after the fight with Amanda Summers...stupid bitch; if Brianna were to find her now she would tear her apart, she clenched her jaw as a rather large amount of anger flowed through her body, causing a sharp pain to stab at her. Gritting her teeth she ignored it and went back to cleaning Korbin's back.

Eventually she was done, he was as clean as he could get without soap. Running her hands down his back once more she stepped away from him and submerged herself in the water for just a moment, coming back up she threw her hair back and made her way to shore. Shaking off as much water as possible she put the same bloody clothes from earlier back on. Leaving her hair down, soaking her back. The sun was just an hour away from being fully risen. Glancing back at Korbin Brianna smiled. "Waiting on you kind sir." She chuckled and took a seat.

Korbin almost melted into her touch, the feeling of her soft hands upon his tense back were soothing to say the least. With a slight sigh he simply hunched forward, allowing her to do as she pleased. God did he hope for more moments like this. His eyes slowly opened looking back to her and offered a small smile, "Thank you Bree..." He replied while he simply enjoyed her hands. Soon enough she finished and he stood up a bit straighter, cracking his neck and back a bit easier. Watching her move back to shore for a moment he was caught up in her beauty again, though with her words he followed.

Wearily he stepped out of the water, knowing there wasn't much he could do to hide himself he manned up and just walked to his clothes. Doing his best to dry off he pulled his pants and shirt on, leaving his soaked boxers for another time. His socks and boots followed after before he looked to her. "Alright miss..." He replied, wringing out the extra piece of clothing before he waited for her to go back to the campsite.

Standing up Brianna smiled as she eyed Korbin. Turning around she glanced over her shoulder before making her way back to the camp. Soon arriving she saw that the other two were still soundly asleep. Placing down one of the torn apart sleeping bags she laid down on it and watched Korbin walk back. Turning to her side she placed her hands under her head in a way that she was still comfortable. Looking over at her friend she spoke up. "How are your wounds holding up?" She asked. Brianna wasn't even bothered by any of her gashes and cuts. The only thing that seemed to annoy her was the slight stinging and heat radiating off the bite mark and claw marks from the night before. It was easy to ignore and she did so.

Brianna let out a soft sigh before speaking again. "I think it would be best if we started moving again tomorrow. Who knows, maybe if we get closer to the border we might even find this haven that those two are speaking about." Bree shrugged in her laying down position. A safe haven would be nice, they wouldn't have to worry about getting killed or hurt. Food would be easier to come by. Who knows they might even have running water, so they can bathe properly. It would be nice to be somewhere where they can finally relax. She smiled slightly as she thought about it. She would enjoy it...a lot to be honest.

Korbin flushed as she looked at him, though he tried to keep his pride and walk tall none the less. She could make him melt with that look, though he would never consciously admit it. Following her into the campsite he offered a small shrug, "they hurt like hell but they stopped bleeding after we stitched them." He replied before he went and found another worn sleeping bag and rolled it out near by before he knelt and eventually just laid face first on it with a long aching groan. He was exhausted beyond measure, partly from the bloodloss though.

Turning his head to face her he sighed, "It would be a good idea... maybe the two of them will help us with carrying some of the stuff." He replied with a slow, ragged nod. His eyes could barely stay open while he stared at her. The thought of possible safety did intrigue him though, the thought of having a true bed under him rather than dirt and rocks.

Brianna smirked, followed by a small chuckle. "I don't see why they wouldn't help us. We kind of saved them in a way." Brianna was still smiling as Korbin seemed ridiculously tired. "Goodnight Korbin. I'll see you in the morning." Brianna turned the other way since she was more comfortable like that. Sighing she just stared into the nothingness that was becoming visible as the day grew. Some of the stars were still shining above as she looked up at them, a reassuring calmness came over her as she sighed happily and closed her eyes.

If only her sleep hadn't been riddled by disturbing dreams. Images that frightened her, scents and sounds that confused her. There was a lot of pain in her dreams, a lot of blood and death. She didn't like it one bit. At one point she was being stalked by something but then she was the one stalking the prey. Blood was everywhere and she seemed to follow it...or it followed her. At one point she was chasing after Korbin, a look of sheer terror and horror took over his face. He was avoiding her, trying to stay away from her; he didn't even wanna look at her. That look, the way he acted, the things he was doing...hurt Brianna like nothing else had. She was being abandoned...unsure why, he was the only person she had and he was rejecting her, tossing her to the side, afraid of her...

Many sounds entered Brianna's ears as she winced at how loud everything seemed, in contrast to her near silent dream. She stirred in her bed and rolled around a little as she grunted in annoyance, muttering a 'quite down'. She was still tired and she wanted to sleep more, but they were making so much noise, it was slowly starting to upset her.

Korbin fell asleep nearly instantly when she turned away, the soft snore of him sleeping was the only sound he made while he curled up, trying to avoid hurting his wounds any further. A small whimper or a whine would escape him in his dreamless sleep, apparent that he still hurt. The sound of her rolling and muttering woke him though, drug him back into the world of his wounds. A gasp came from his throat as pain filled his mind, shaking him into alert agony before he slowly sat up, sucking it all in.

Breathing deep he crawled out of his sleeping bag, arms trembling while he moved to her. "Bree?" He asked, placing a gentle hand to her shoulder trying to wake her. For all he knew she was just having a bad dream, something set off by the stress or the lack of quality food. "Bree, you okay?" He questioned before he brushed a but of hair from her face, a small sigh escaping. She was beautiful and he didn't want to see her like this, see her having a nightmare.

There was something cold against Brianna's skin, a deep voice echoed through her ears along with many other sounds. Without even noticing her hand was wrapped around the other persons wrist, tightly clutching at the cooler skin, her fingernails digging in to the point that she almost drew blood. Her jaw was clenched as a growl rumbled in her throat before she met the eyes of whoever was grabbing onto her. Noticing who it was she instantly let go and sat up. "...I'm sorry Korbin..." She spoke softly, her voice a little raspy, showing how tired she was. "I—I have no idea what came over me...It just kinda happened. I felt like I was being attacked. I didn't mean to hurt you...if I did...I greatly apologize."

Sighing she looked away and rubbed her eyes as she yawned. 'What the hell just happened?' The thought ran through her mind as she was confused. Shaking her head she frowned slightly. "I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep...not if I keep having fucked up dreams like that." She looked at Korbin. "Go back to bed. Rest a bit before we start heading out. They're probably not gonna be up for a while." She looked at the father and daughter then back to Korbin. "You're more hurt than I so you need the rest." She smirked softly, another yawn escaping her lips.

Korbin winced as she grabbed his wrist, his eyes closing slightly while he did his best to simply allow it if she was having a nightmare. As she growled he looked utterly confused before she awoke. Letting a sigh escape he rubbed where her nails had dug in at, bruises apparent under his skin. "I-It's fine..." He replied softly looking to her with a bit of sympathy. "I'm fine... I've had worse... which gave me stitches..." It was an attempt to make her feel better about it.

He patted her shoulder as she yawned, trying to make her feel better as she spoke. "A-alright... if you're sure you're okay... You were making a bit of noise..." Giving a nervous nod he made his way back to his sleeping bag. Slipping back into it he looked to her, offering the girl a small smile while he placed his wounded arms outside the fabric, trying not to irritate them as he slowly slipped back to sleep.

Another yawn escaped from Bree as she watched Korbin lay down again. Smirking slightly she stood up and stretched. Almost every bone in her body cracked and popped, it felt really good to her. Sighing in relief she cracked her neck and rolled her shoulders, another yawn escaping her before she started gathering things and packing up.

The sounds and smells of the forest kept distracting her but she got most things packed up. Whatever wasn't in use obviously. Looking over at Ashley and her father she noticed the young girl starting to wake up. Walking over to her she knelt down next to the girl and smile. "Good morning." Brianna spoke sweetly. The little girl looked at her in fear and backed away until she could move no more. Bree frowned slightly as she looked at Ashley. "Ashley...I'm not gonna hurt you. I have no reason to." The little girl looked at her, her lower lip trembling. Bree sat down and crossed her legs. "Can I ask you something Ashley? Why are you scared of me? What do you see when you look at me?" Brianna was very interested in seeing what she had to say about that. The little girl bit her lip before speaking up.

"A—A big monster...very very scary. It hurts...but it likes to hurt."

Brianna raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I don't know why or how you see something like that but it's not true. Don't be afraid, I promise I won't hurt you." She spoke truthfully as she looked the little girl in the eyes. A sharp pain shot through Bree's head and she winced slightly as she massaged the area that stung. Tightly shutting her eyes the pain soon dissipated and she opened her eyes with an exhale. Smirking sadly at the girl she got up and walked away. Glancing back at the little girl she was confused, why was she saying those things? It was weird and it kind of creeped her out. She didn't know what it meant.

Korbin eventually awoke, still as sore as ever. Slowly he drug himself out of the bag, the backs of his arms aching while he moved. His eyes darted around, looking for her. She had gathered up things rather well, he'd need to reroll the tarps and bags but she had still done well. Slowly he stood, cracking his back in what (to him) sounded like the ode to joy. With a grunt and a whimper he moved through the camp, gathering up more things, tying them to the back packs or placing them in the small cart they had. "Bree?" He called as he worked, hopin she hadn't stumbled into the woods alone again.