[Huntress] I Did This For You [Archailfire]

Korbin looked to he, worry, agony, hatred all filled him. He couldn't do a damn thing, specifically after she pushed him away. "Bree... I-I don't know what's happening!" He replied, reaching out to her only to pull away as he began to watch her change, shape, what the fuck? His heart jumped in his chest, landed in his throat and then in the pit of his stomach. "Bree... Oh christ Bree..." He spoke as he slowly moved back, afraid of what was happening to her.

Brianna's screams of agony began to change in sound, becoming more animalistic whelps. Her eyes were so full of tears she could barely see. Her back arched once more the sound of fabric tearing to shreds echoing. She cried and whimpered loudly as her spine rose once more the base extending only to cause more pain filled sounds, it began taking the shape of a tail. Her face began to slowly push forward forming a very dog like snout as the tone in her voice dropped between cries and whimpers. Her body began to extend to a certain size as fur sprouted all over her exposed body, dark, almost black in colour. Remnants of her clothes were scattered around her...well what Brianna now was. A large monstrosity, only thought to exist in stories. The creature was almost double her size as it panted where it lay. It was Brianna, had been. The new predatory mind begun to take over, thinking and plotting it's kill, it's meal. Once everything adjusted, sound, smell, sight, the creature slowly stood up growling lowly as it looked around. Spotting a human nearby she leapt at him. The smell of his blood was fresh. Landing with her feet on either side of him she leaned close, a snarl forming on her face as saliva dripped from her fangs. Her hazel blue eyes remained the same colour, the only feature that could give her away. Meeting his eyes she took in his scent as she growled lowly.

Korbin watched in horror, horror of what was happening and horror that he couldn't do a thing about it. Staring at her he trembled, heart racing, fear evident on his features. He had gone to war, looked death in the eye without a shudder but this made him tremble. "B-Bree?" He asked as the monstrosity turned toward him. He almost pissed himself when it leapt at him. He stared up, reaching for his knife while it leaned in. "Bree, please tell me you're still in there." He pleaded raising the knife like it could possibly save him against the monster. So this is what was happening to her, this is why she healed so fast. She had become a monster!

She saw something glisten in the light and looked at the pointed blade. Roaring loudly she smacked his hand in hopes that he would drop the weapon. Snorting she moved back slightly. His scent was incredibly familiar to her something in the back of her mind told her that he wasn't one to be harmed. After meeting his eyes she knew she couldn't hurt him. Looking at him once more she stood up and growled lowly before turning around. Walking away from him she glanced over her shoulder and sighed. Her gaze moved to the door which was open. Bursting through she ran away from the inn, a loud satisfactory howl echoing through the night. The beast was satisfied to be out and free to roam. Running on all fours she tore through the small remnants of a town, her nose taking in every scent until she could smell humans once more.

He winced, the impact almost breaking his wrist as the blade flew away across the floor. Looking to her he gulped, feeling air rush passed him as she sniffed him. His heart raced, staring at her, a silent prayer crossing him thinking this was the end before she moved away. Confusion crossed him, pain filling his mind as the threat left, leaving him to fall back upon the ground in agony. "Bree?" He asked once more before she ran off, leaving him alone and broken within the inn. His body writhing while he slowly pulled himself to the shotgun, loading it before he placed his back to the bar, watching the door until the pain and exhaustion claimed his conciousness.

She could see the orange hue of a fire, the smell of burning wood lingering in her nose. She slowed down and moved closer. Moving to a point with greater view she looked upon the two humans, one was asleep while the other kept guard, sitting next to the sleeping woman. Something triggered a rush of anger. The scent and presence of the man just frustrated her. She growled lowly as it seemed to catch the man's attention. He looked around frantically. Snarling the beast leapt from her spot and pinned the man to the ground. He screamed in fear as Brianna felt a sharp irritating pain in her stomach, ignoring it she began slashing and tearing at the man. Blood splattering and spilling everywhere. She indulged in the fresh, warm flesh and blood.

A female scream ripped through her ears as Brianna felt a pain in her back. Turning around her arm made contact with the female nuisance as she went flying into a brick wall, a sickening crack followed as the woman's body lay limp. Finishing with the male she turned to the female and indulged as well. When Bree was done with her feast, leaving the bodies beyond recognition she let out another, even louder satisfactory howl before tearing off to run through the brisk night. Her fate had been sealed, she had shed and consumed human flesh and blood, the curse was at full and the burden would never leave her. Her only hope was to attempt to learn how to control herself, but that was a difficult task, would she manage to do so?
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The constant buzzing of insects brought sound to Brianna's ears, the smell of grass, dirt and blood lingered. She felt the heat of the sun on her back, although it was the ends of summer, fall just around the corner. Her mouth was incredibly dry, her body ached and her head pounded. Her skin was cold, goosebumps covered her. Swallowing she tried to moisten her throat. A bitter metallic scent lingering as her stomach growled. Sitting up she tried to massage her throbbing head, it wasn't helping much. Opening her eyes she quickly shut them again as she was nearly blinded by the sunlight. She groaned and opened her eyes once more, allowing them to adjust.

Looking around Brianna was confused, she was surrounded by trees and shrubbery. "Korbin?!" She called out her voice cracking. Standing up swiftly she looked around. "KORBIN!!" She called out his name, afraid. What had happened? Where was she? Looking down at herself she quickly covered herself up, it was only by instinct. "Why am I naked?" She muttered to herself, her mind betraying her, not a single memory of the night before. The last thing she could recall was immense amounts of pain. "Where am I?" She questioned no one as she sat down and brought her knees up to cover herself. She felt like a lost child. Lost within the mall, searching for her mother. "What happened?!" She screamed in anger and sadness as tears started running down her face. "God damn it..." She muttered and shook her head before resting her forehead on her knees.

Awoke in agony the next morning. He fumbled through their supplies taking what little pain medication they had left before he slowly remade his pack, taking what he had to and slinging it across his back with a cry of agony. Slowly he stumbled out of the town, Nathan and Ashley had fled after what happened . He was alone, half dead... his eyes dull as he slowly trudged on, barely able to keep moving. Part of him worried for Bree, wondered where she was, what happened to her. He was afraid to know however. His stomach wrenched with the thought of the night before, the pain he felt reminding him that it was no nightmare.

Slowly he entered the woods, stealth had gone with his dragging feet while he stumbled along, a bit of blood dripping off of his hand and to the ground behind him from his stiches. His broken rib ached and burned. He had to wonder if this is what dying felt like, alone, numb, tired. Slowly he entered a small clearing and simply sank to his knees, staring at the grass beneath him. Tears welled up in the corners of his eyes, "Bree..." he muttered. He missed her, by god he missed her... "I'm sorry..." With that he collapsed onto his stomach, unable to force himself further.

There was noise in the distance. Brianna's head shot up as she looked in that direction. Someone was coming. Quickly she got up and hid behind some bushes. Peeking through to see who was coming by. There was a whisper of a voice and Brianna peeked form the top of the bushes she couldn't see anything. The voice had been too soft for her to make out words but she heard it. Birds flew a little further down form where she was as a thud echoed through the silence of the forest. She was curious. Stepping out of the bush she made her way to the sound. A breeze blew a scent through her nose, a scent she wished to engulf herself with. Picking up the pace she ran to him. Seeing him laying on the ground like that brought her to tears instantly. Turning him around she looked down at his face as her tears splashed onto his skin. "Please be okay...Korbin...please...don't leave me, I beg you..." Her hands gently caressed his face as she slapped him lightly only to wake him up or get some response from him. "Please Korbin...You can do it...I know you can...don't abandon me..." She sobbed over his body. Placing her head on his chest she could feel it rise and fall with his breaths, his heart beating...slowly...but still beating. Clenching her jaw she continued to cry as she looked at his calm face. Shaking her head she shut her eyes tightly. She wasn't going to believe anything other than that he would make it out alive.

Korbin quivered as he was rolled over, his body on the verge of shock it seems. As tears fell it slowly drug him back to life, her words waking him as he slowly opened his eyes. "Bree?" He questioned as he slowly looked to her, his voice a mere whisper. He took in the fact that she was naked and yet didn't say a thing about it. In the haze of pain and the glare from the sun behind her she looked like an angel to him. She was beautiful, amazing. Perhaps it was his half dead stupor or it was his feelings for her. Like this she didn't look like a monster. Slowly he reached up and touched her hair, feeling it before his hand fell back over his chest, enciting a wince of pain from him as it hit his rib. He trembled, for a moment before he stopped, releasing a small sigh.

"I'm right here..." She took his hand and squeezed it tightly happy to see him alive and still breathing. "Close your eyes and relax, you need rest. I will be right here. Anything you need just tell me. I will not leave your side, I promise." She couldn't stop the tears but it didn't matter, as long as he was alive. Leaning in she placed a soft kiss on his forehead. "Just rest..." She hoped he would get better soon. She didn't care how much time it would take, she would stay here, she wouldn't leave him, not until he was ready to continue moving, together. Sitting more comfortably she continued holding his hand. Her patience was about to be tested.

He whimpered as she held his hand tight, his eyes falling closed while he trembled, slowly drifting to sleep again, holding her hand loosely. His body shuddered in his sleep, cold, in pain. He whimpered even, feeling like he was slowly slipping away. He needed aid, he needed stitched back up and he needed to be kept warm. "Bree..." He whispered while he slept, "Bree... I love you..."

The tears came faster as she sobbed once at his words. "I love you too Korbin...Everything is going to be alright. You'll make it through this...I know you will. You just need rest." Bree spoke to him softly. "I'm right here..." She repeated once more. He was weak, she could sense it and hear it. His heart beat slow, his breaths came in slowly. Letting go of his hand she moved to the side he was facing and lay down next to him. Her face buried in his chest as she wrapped her arms around him, hoping to keep him from shivering. Trying to keep him warm she repeated the same words in her head. 'He's going to be fine, everything will be alright, he just needs rest...' Her words continued as she held onto him tightly.

He shuddered while she pressed her head to his chest and wrapped her arms around him, his body seeming so frail for once. He whimpered in his sleep, obviously in agony though his body thankfully had knocked him out. He would sleep until near sunset, his eyes slowly opening while a gasp of pain crossed him as the agony flooded his mind, making him jerk to the side and arch, grasping the grass beneath him while he dug his feet into the ground and screamed at the top of his lungs. He was slowly breaking down, slowly loosing all of his grasp on his own ability to keep himself together, to keep himself sane with all the pain, the confusion.