[Huntress] I Did This For You [Archailfire]

Brianna heard her name being called and she looked over in that direction. It seemed Korbin was awake. Smirking slightly she turned away from the wolf corpses that she had been looking at. There was some sort of odd sadness within her when she looked at all the corpses. Difficult for her to explain. Once she reached the camping ground she saw Krobin packing and she grunted in annoyance. "Korbin! Why didn't you wait? You are not in the best position to be doing this. I could have helped you." Shaking her head Brianna started lifting things into the cart since Korbin seemed barely able to move. Looking over at him she smirked. "I think you should get the other two up and ready so we can pack up that tarp. I'm not going because the girl doesn't seem to like me much..." Bree shrugged as she started tying down some of the pieces that stuck out from the cart.

Korbin blinked, lifting his head as she berated him. It was a bit of a blow to his ego, but she was right. He was in no condition to be doing much of anything truly strenuous. He gave a small sigh, watching her get things into the cart before she spoke again. "Alright... I'll take care of it." He replied before he gave her a nod and went over to the father and daughter. "Hey, guys, we're getting ready to move, head for that safe house you talked about." He did his best to be as personable as he could, mainly to get compliance. "If you two want to fold up the tarp and help carry some things along the way."

Brianna finished securing whatever was in the cart at the moment, now she just waited for Korbin to get the others up so they can get the last of their things and start heading out. With a hand on her hip she waited as she looked around the forest, there was an odd silence, one that she didn't like. The eeriness sent a shiver down her spine as the hairs on the back of her neck stood. She didn't even notice the low growl that was rumbling in her throat as she looked around. Her eyes shot in the direction of the sound of running water, that's where the river was she was there last night with Korbin. Her gaze shot up towards the trees as a small cool breeze blew through the area, the leaves rustling as the branches creaked. Clenching her jaw her head whipped to the right as she could hear a few small animals skittering around, eventually spotting the squirrels as they ran up one of the large trees.

Through the corner of her eye she could see the corpses of the wolves, Korbin had skinned them, something that would become necessary in a few months as winter was approaching. They were at the end of summer, fall was on it's way and soon the harsh cold of winter would be upon them. If they managed to find the 'haven' It would be much easier for them to survive. Brianna continued to study the trees and plants around them before letting out a deep sigh and glancing back towards the others. "Are we ready to go yet?...I got a bad feeling..." She muttered the last part. She didn't know what it was but something was telling her that they needed to leave, soon.

Korbin glanced to her, a small nod crossing him as he tightened the straps of his back pack and moved to grab one of the leads to the cart, motioning the father to the other. "Yea, we can go." He replied offering her the shotgun. As soon as she took it he began to pull, digging his feet in to get the wheels to turn. Once it was moving life was a great deal easier. His eyes remained straight ahead, feeling safer after they had fought off the wolves. A wince crossed his face, the memory of the fight making his wounds hurt already.

Taking the shotgun Brianna rested it upon her shoulder as she took the right side of the cart, helping the men get it across the dirt and grass. Although getting on the highway would make things a million times easier it would also make them easier to be spotted. Sighing she couldn't help but continue scanning the area, paying attention to every sound and scent that crossed her. She couldn't understand why she was on edge like this.

They had been traveling for a couple of weeks, they had managed to cross into Canada and although they were in search of this safe Haven they had found nothing of the sort. They were avoiding the main roads so they could have missed it, it was a possibility. Everyone was in good condition, they had only been attacked once and that was by another small pack of wolves, less injuries were sustained this time so no one seemed to be in too much pain.

The young girl, Ashley, seemed to have taken more of a liking to Brianna now, she didn't know why but she didn't seem afraid of her anymore. Her words still confused her, calling her a monster, but this time she also liked to add that she was fluffy, and soft. Like a big puppy dog. Bree had gotten used to everything that she had noticed was a little off. Although her brain still distinguished single scents and could name everything it didn't distract her as much, same for her sense of hearing. "Where did you say you heard about this place Nate?" Brianna spoke as she glanced back at Ashley's father who had finally mentioned his name to them.

Brianna had found out a lot of things about the two, their family, where they lived, relationships most of that stuff. They whole family had been together at one point. Ashley had a younger sister, but the mother and the other daughter got taken away. Nathan was only able to protect Ashley, although he said he tried his damnedest so save the others, and he had the wounds to prove it. It was a rather sad backstory and it made Brianna wonder; where were all these people being taken, if not killed? Because bother her parents had disappeared and her younger siblings. Out here they hadn't been attacked by soldiers, only raiders and bandits. She found it odd.

"I heard people saying it was a town, north. Close to the borders of Canada and the U.S." Nathan responded to Brianna's question.

"I'm sorry to say Nate but I'm pretty sure we've been in Canada for at least a couple of days..." Bree spoke simply.

"How would you know that? Are you some sort of travel expert?" He spoke the annoyance evident in his voice.

Brianna stopped moving and turned around swiftly. "What gives you any right to doubt me?!" She spoke...well more so growled. She was really close to the man, their eyes locked, fear evident in his, an animalistic rage evident in hers. "We are all you got, so unless you want to take it on your own from here I suggest less attitude and rudeness. Or I might quite possibly just toss you to the side and leave you out for the wolves. Understood?!" She could sense the fear coming off both of them. The anger was evident in her gaze as her face twisted into a snarl almost. She literally found herself growling at the man, grasping his shirt tightly, holding him close to her face.

She clenched her jaw shut and met his eyes with a more human emotion, releasing the man and realizing how rude and unnecessarily angry she had been. "I—I'm sorry Nate..." She spoke and attempted to meet the man's eyes but only found him looking away, tears preparing to flow from his eyes. Looking down at Ashley she went to speak to her but the girl only hid behind her father. Sadness was evident on Brianna's face as she swallowed her words and exhaled softly. Turning around she continued moving forward her head down as she looked at the ground and nothing else. Her senses seemed muted as she only listened to herself, her breathing, her heartbeat, her thoughts. 'What the hell was that?' She questioned herself, just when she thought she was getting used to all these weird changes...the bite mark and claw marks on her body started to burn, although she was able to ignore that pain. She continued to question the current events, her mind puzzled and lost...

Korbin had healed over the short weeks, he even pulled out his stitches behind her back to keep from burdening her anymore with them. His eyes had turned wearier during their travels though, her outbursts had kept him up at night, trying to understand what was happening to her, why she was like this. Every so often he would hide a wince, the continued troubles of trying to lead this group had gotten him injured more than once, twisting his ankle, possibly breaking a rib. Yet he pushed through like the soldier he was, trying to stay strong.

"DAMMIT YOU TWO!" He yelled at Bree and Nate, as they started bickering again. He didn't see the look on the man's face however, he just kept pulling the cart, trying to get that extra inch before his legs or his heart would give. Looking to the sky he sighed, trying to ignore the fight that just happened, thinking it was another argument they got into. Releasing a sigh he kept pulling the cart, soon enough cresting a hill top and looking over into a valley. What he saw stopped him dead. A small town, frontier esque really, though abandoned since what seemed the early 1900's. A small smile crossed him. "Guys!" He yelled without looking back, his eyes glancing over the somewhat ruined buildings though most were still standing, they sure knew how to build things back then.

At least they would have shelter for a few nights to rest before they would leave again. "Come on... Nate, Bree, take the cart, Ashley stay behind it." He spoke taking the shotgun and their last few shells and moving up ahead, heading down the hillside and toward the buildings with military precision. "Wait outside the town, I'll clear, if you don't see me going between buildings every five minuites run." He spoke looking back to them before he began to clear the first building, working as a one man squad, soon coming out a roof window and heading on.

Brianna glared at Korbin as he raised his voice, the urge to attack him rising. She blinked in shock and confusion shaking her head; finding it difficult to believe that she had just thought of attacking Korbin. She hadn't been paying attention to much, until Korbin spoke once more. Looking up she saw the buildings. Listening to Korbin's words she focused and paid attention to him run from building to building. Slowly she started pulling the cart down the hill. Soon she was on the same level as the buildings, waiting for Korbin to step out of the last building. Glancing back at Nate and Ashley she noticed the man clench his jaw and tighten his grip around his daughters hand. Fear took over him and Brianna bit her lip worried. Looking down at Ashley the girl met her eyes, forgiveness within them. Slipping out of her fathers grasp she ran to Bree; kneeling down Brianna opened up her arms and hugged the girl tightly. "I'm sorry Ashley..." She whispered in the little blonde girls ear. Her bright blue eyes met Brianna's hazel blue eyes.

"It's okay Bree..." Her voice sweetly chimed. "It's hard for you. It's getting closer so you become angrier...sometimes scarier..." The girl pointed at the almost full figure of the moon that was still absorbing the suns rays while it set. Brianna looked at the celestial figure, finding it difficult to break eye contact, a trance of some sorts coming over her. Sounds and scents intensified, emotions became stronger around her. The sound of flowing blood and thumping heartbeats boomed through her ears. An irritating pain erupted in her fingers, the taste of blood in her mouth as she felt more pain. "Bree...Bree...Bree" The girls voice faded into Brianna's ears. Everything returned to normal as she turned her gaze to the girl. The girl swallowed hard and looked down at her arm. Brianna followed her gaze and instantly let go of the girls arm.

Her jaw dropped as she stared in fear at the cuts that adorned the child's arm. "Don't be sad Bree, it's okay, it doesn't hurt a lot. I won't tell anyone..." Standing up quickly Brianna turned away and covered her mouth with her hand, the scent of blood causing her more fear. Looking down at her hand she noticed the girls blood on her hand. She found herself looking at her hand, jaw clenched, saliva flowing in her mouth as an animalistic hunger took over, licking her lips she swallowed hard and quickly looked away from her hand. Exhaling sharply she continued towards the houses with the cart. Glancing back at the father and the daughter she noticed that Ashley hid her arm behind her back.

"Watch the cart guys, I'm gonna make sure everything is okay. If you need anything at all...just call out my name I'll be here in an instant." Nodding to the two she picked up the pace and ran towards the last building. "Korbin?!" She called out as she prepared to round the corner of the structure.

The sounds of a scuffle escaped the last building, soon enough a yelp and a kick followed, a stray rabid dog had been kicked out the front door by Korbin who quickly followed it out and placed a shotgun blast into the mangy beast. A slight sigh escaped his lips, "Clear..." He spoke, breaking heavily and looking to her, a small frown crossing him. "There is very little food, though I was being quick, not thorough, still buildings are safe... let Ashley and the old man gather things." He spoke with a small nod before he simply sat himself upon the stoop of the house, reloading the shotgun.

His eyes eventually glanced to her hands though, catching the carmine colour upon them. "What happened?" He asked motioning, thinking she may have just picked a scab at most. They all had them after all.

Brianna winced at the sound of the dog in pain as she watched the malnourished mammal stumble out of the house only to have it's head blown off. She flinched at the loudness of the gun, the disturbing scene not helping her much either, a small whimper escaped her as she looked away, Korbin's voice soon fading into her ears as he declared the area was clear and spoke of what he had seen and found. "Was that really necessary? Korbin...I don't think that dog would have stayed around...that shell could have been saved for something else." Bree spoke slightly bitter. She looked down at her bloodstained hand and bit her lip as he asked about it. "Everyone is safe so it doesn't matter..." She responded to his question. "I will go get the other two so they can start gathering things." She spoke, her voice rather bland as she walked around the building to the back.

She could see the father and daughter standing exactly where they were and she smiled gently. She saw the little girl beam with joy as she ran over to Brianna. Ashley's liking towards Brianna had totally flipped around, it surprised her but she enjoyed it, it reminded her of how she used to be with Sherry, her younger sister. They were probably the same age; but Brianna also felt this need and urge to protect her, she didn't know why or where it came from but it was there, and very prominent in her mind. Taking the girls wounded arm she looked at it and frowned, how could she have caused that? She softly ran her thumb over the still fresh wounds, the frown still lingering on Brianna's face. She noticed that Nathan was approaching, Ashley covered her arm and forced Brianna to hold her other hand. Brianna looked down at the young girl who smiled at her, smirking sadly she waited for Nate to approach before they made their way to Korbin. "Korbin was thinking that you guys could go through the buildings, scrounging up any food or supplies we could use while him and I watched the entrances and what not...I can come with you guys if it makes you feel safer."

The girl tightened her grip within Brianna's hand before Nate spoke. "I think we'll be okay, I mean you guys will be watching the entrances right?"

Bree nodded as the man stole a glance at her, the fear still evident in his eyes. He swallowed hard before looking away and clenching his jaw. "We can do it, don't worry..." He spoke hurriedly and fearfully.

"Alright, that works for me then." She responded with a shrug as they rounded the building, getting closer to Korbin and the headless dog corpse.

Her angry cry at him killing the wolf brought a confused and almost annoyed look back, the dog was rabid, it was hungry. It would have attacked them anyway. He was almost ready to talk before he simply silenced himself, not wanting to start another argument with her when they had just found safety. "Alright." He replied as she offered to go get the others and get them looking. With a small sigh he approached the dog, looking almost pitifully at the creature, mangy and emaciated. With her slow return he lifted his eyes to her before he broke open the shotgun and tossed the spent shell with a sigh. "I did it for you Bree... I didn't want it to hurt you, okay?" Korbin questioned before he placed the shotgun on the ground and lifted the dead beast, carrying it to what looked like an old shed and dumped it behind it. Wanting to keep the child from seeing it. With another sigh he came back, grabbing the gun defeated, feeling like he was losing his ability to understand her or vice versa.

Heading off into what appeared to be an old general store he began to rummage, old canned food, candles, spare parts for various things. Even an old pistol with a few shots in it. Rusted but usable. Eventually he gathered his things in the old small inn, dumping them in the middle of the room and waited for the rest, the father and daughter finding some old cloth, paper for burning and a few cans. "Thanks guys," He spoke, a slight solemness to his voice.

Brianna raised an eyebrow at his statement. Looking away she bit her lip regretting her angry response from earlier. 'Of course he did it for me...he does everything for me...and nothing for himself.' Clenching her jaw she sighed. "I'm sorry..." she muttered, barely audible to anyone around her. Korbin had gone off on his own while Brianna as promised watched the entrance as Nate and Ashley searched through the buildings. They all met at the old inn, everything that was found was tossed in the middle of them all. Bree scanned the items most of them were useful for something; others just seemed like scrap to her. They most likely could be used in one way or another.

At this point the sun had fully set, darkness consumed them. Glancing out the window Bree could see the gleam of the moon. Gritting her teeth she looked away, something about her felt wrong...something was off... Ignoring the off emotion she walked to the front door and made sure it was locked. "How many more entrances are there?" She questioned to anyone that could answer; although it would most likely be Korbin, as she looked out the window once more and eventually turned to face the three. "Locking them won't be enough. We should probably block them with some furniture as well, just to be safe. Maybe keep one entrance free to escape if we have to..." She spoke as she wandered around the room, glancing out all the windows and checking everywhere she could within the main floor. They really didn't need any surprises, under the current conditions though, it wouldn't surprise her if someone popped up from a corner. "Is everyone okay with sleeping down here...or would you guys rather something else?" She asked another question. In her eyes it would be better if everyone were to stick together but she wasn't gonna force anyone to do what they didn't want to.

Rejoining the group she looked around at them, after being satisfied with her quick scanning of the area. She met everyone's eyes individually to see if she could pick any emotions up. Not noticing Ashley walk up to her she looked down as the young girl squeezed her hand. Kneeling in front of her she met her eyes, the young girl looking worried. Glancing over Ashley's shoulder Brianna caught a glimpse of the moon, the odd trance from before taking over, as everything happened again. Senses were beyond heightened, the steady thumping of three heart beats thrumming through her ears. One picked up the pace as Ashley gasped, breaking Brianna from her odd, celestial trance. Meeting the little girls eyes she was worried as the girl just stared at her.

Ashley's hand came up to Brianna's face as she caressed under Bree's eyes. "Your eyes...they changed colour..."

Brianna looked at her confused. "What?" She whispered at Ashley.

"When you were looking at the moon they changed colour..." The girl explained.

Brianna shook her head and smiled softly before standing up. Shrugging she ignored what the girl said and ran a hand through Ashley's hair. "I guess we're all a little tired. I hope we can sleep safer here." Clenching her jaw she met Korbin's eyes. "Do you want first shift? I don't really mind, so it's your choice." She smiled slightly.

Korbin sighed, letting himself fall against the rotten remnants of the bar and slide to the ground. His eyes fell closed while the others went through the various items. He just wanted to slip into sleep, to fall into the sweet painless nothingness for as long as possible. "We should bring down the better mattresses from upstairs if we intend to sleep down here, just for comforts sake." He spoke looking around to the group, noting a nod from the father. Giving him a small nod he went up and drug down two mattresses. Flopping onto his own he glanced to Bree as she spoke, "Go ahead and sleep, I'll do it..." He spoke, knowing full well he should sleep, he knew she should more.

Grabbing the shotgun he moved toward the front door, placing his back against it and looking at the others he sat, watching silently. His training in the military was the only thing keeping him awake. "I doubt we will have any issues, this place is far beyond the normal traffic areas." He spoke reassuringly, trying to let them all sleep in peace. None the less he would remain vigilant, listening intently to the soft quiet of night.

Korbin seemed tired. Bree only asked to avoid any possible confrontation. Before she could respond to anything Korbin was already on his way towards the front door to watch over everyone as they slept. Laying down on one of the dusty mattresses Bree exhaled happily, so much more comfortable than the ground or a sleeping bag, it felt good. Her eyes soon shut and her smile began to fade. Reality dissipated and the darkness of her dream world took over.

There was an eerie almost frightening atmosphere surrounding her. Deep breaths echoed on for what seemed like an eternity before her eyes shot open. The echoes vanished, she was laying on the dirt, a light breeze rustling the leaves surrounding her. Sitting up she swallowed noticing her mouth and throat were incredibly dry, a metallic, bitter, but slightly sweet taste lingering in her mouth. "Hello?" Her voice cracked from the dryness. "Korbin!?...Ashley!? Nathan?" Brianna coughed as she called out for her friends. Standing up she stumbled slightly her head becoming light. Steadying herself she shook her head and took a deep breath. Pushing forward she came out of the dense plant life only to stumble and slip on something moist. Saving herself from hitting her head she looked over at what she had slipped on, eyebrow raised, blood littered the area; looking to her right she was staring into a familiar man's blue eyes, letting out a scream of horror. Stumbling backwards she took in the whole picture. Nathan was on the ground, his stomach ripped open, his insides flowing out, half torn, his right leg and left arm were gone. All Brianna could do was stare in shock. What had happened to him? The man twitched and screamed in agony before meeting her eyes. "Stay away from me you freak!" The corpse screamed at her, the fear evident in his voice. "I just wanted to protect my Ashley!!" Brianna watched in confusion as the corpse screamed and cried. He choked, coughed and soon fell silent.

Brianna covered her mouth and shuddered, her body shaking. Standing up she ran in the opposite direction. She didn't focus on where she was running just trying to get away from that confusing yet horrible site. She dodged low branches, stumps and boulders. Looking behind her as she heard sounds of movement. Brianna tripped, breaking her fall with her hands she looked up at the sound of a low threatening growl. There was a good amount of weight on her body, pain ripped through her chest as she screamed out. She met a pair of nearly glowing amber eyes and a set of large, razor sharp fangs, saliva dripping from them as the beast moved in to attack her.

She was startled awake and shot up on the mattress she lay on. Looking around she realized she was safe. She was at the inn with everyone. It was just a horrid dream. Nathan and Ashley shared one mattress as Brianna had been laying on another which would soon become Korbin's bed. Looking over at the door she smirked slightly. "I think you should lay down Korbin. You probably need more sleep than I do." She spoke calmly. Wiping the sweat off her upper brow she stood up and stretched. Every bone in her body cracking and popping, rolling her neck she sighed. That felt really good. Walking over to the door she sat down next to him. "Come on, go get some sleep, I can tell you're tired." She smiled at him, followed by a yawn. Placing a hand on his leg the smile remained on her face.

Korbin had been watching her, cautious of doing anything to interrupt her sleep. Something seemed off as she slept though he couldn't place it both from his distance and his own exhausted state. His eyes stared blankly into the darkness while he stayed alert, even though he was zombie tired. Slowly his eyes glanced over her to her as she shot up. A bit of confusion in his eyes while he watched her look around. Perhaps she had been having a nightmare. He watched her slowly come over, admiring her in the moonlight like an angel. If only she was... dammit Korbin, not the time for those thoughts! He released a sigh while she spoke, a small nod, the reluctance gone from him, given into exhaustion.

"Y-yea..." He replied, glancing to her hand for a moment before he forced himself to stand. Sluggishly he rubbed her head, ruffling her hair before he drug his feet and flopped face first into the mattress with an oomph and a whimper. His eyes looked to her, watching her until they simply fell closed, unable to be forced open any longer. Korbin slipped into a dreamless, emotionless, numb embrace, just the experience of nothingness.

She smirked with a small chuckle before adjusting her now ruffled hair. Brianna looked over at Korbin before sleep took over his body. Another small chuckle escaped her as she lightly bit her lip. Moving over to take the spot Korbin had been sitting in she sighed and leaned her head back before her gaze returned to the three sleeping bodies. She scanned the room. It was dark but her vision didn't seem affected by the low light. She wasn't paying attention to time as she pondered about what to do next. Where would they go? Would they continue searching for this haven that Nathan had heard about? Would it be better for them to stay at the inn for a while? Obviously they would all have to agree on something. It would be best to discuss this tomorrow. Her mind muttered to her.

Her next thoughts moved to her recent nightmare. Why would she have a dream like that? Why Nathan? Why in the forest? What attacked her before she woke up? What was the reason for her being there in general. Brianna wasn't one for blood and guts...or so she thought. Recent events seemed to change her opinion on that. Actually...what the hell has been going on? She pondered. What were all these changes she had gone through recently? Now that she actually thought of it she could point out minor changes. Like her vision for example...how could she see so well in the dark? She had also recently noticed that her ears were picking up sounds she usually didn't pay attention to; heart beats, breathing patterns...blood flowing through bodies...skittering creatures in the wilderness...

...What the hell is going on with me?...

Korbin slept soundly until the morning's sun woke him. He released a groan while he slowly awoke, seeing that Nathan and Ashley were already awake and trying to force their way into a can of beans. A small chuckle escaped him as he sat up and approached the two of them. Motioning them back he drew his knife and placed it to the rim, punching it in before working it around it, popping off the lid. "'ere..." He spoke before he looked about for Bree. He released a sigh, hopping over the inn counter, searching through drawers while he got a response of ignorance from Nathan on her whereabouts.

Releasing a sigh he pulled out a small flask, shaking it in surprise to find it full. Interesting. Popping the top he sniffed it before he winced, "I found some strong whiskey if you like it Nathan, maybe I'll find some glasses and we can have a small party." He spoke with a chuckle, placing it on the counter as well as some old brass shotgun shells, more than likely nonfunctioning but they'd be worth a shot.

Brianna finished from the washroom, obviously the water wasn't running but it was better than other things. Coming down the stairs she noticed that Korbin had now awoken as well. Ashley smiled at Bree as the young girl and her father began eating some beans. Brianna smiled at the young girl and soon entered the main room. "Morning Korbin." She smiled and watched him as he rummaged through drawers and such. "I hope you slept well." She spoke as a yawn soon followed. Walking around him she sat on the single mattress which they had switched between. Glancing over her shoulder the father and daughter were almost done with the food as Nathan glared at Brianna. Raising an eyebrow she clenched her jaw. Exhaling sharply she looked away, anger boiled within her for a few seconds but it was such a great amount that it frightened her. Thankfully she was able to control herself and not start an argument that would most likely end in a physical fight.

"So, do you guys want to stay here for another night or should we move on?" She asked. A sharp pain ripped up her spine as she shuddered and winced holding back a scream. The fuck...? She questioned in her mind. It wasn't your typical back pain or sore muscle, it was something more than that, and it hurt like a mother fucker...it scared her slightly. She waited for a response as pain shot through her hand, starting in her palm and spreading to her fingers. Looking down she watched her fingers twitch and crack as they took on weird shapes before settling again. The pain was evident in her face but she was too shocked and confused to make a sound. The nearly unbearable cramps soon ended as she gritted her teeth. "Ow...what the hell..." She muttered as she brought her hands up and looked at them while moving her fingers. This made no sense to Brianna...

Korbin glanced up to her, offering a small smile while he raised the flask almost proud of it. "Morning Bree." He replied with a smile and a nod before he rolled his neck, an echo of cracks coming from the motion. "I slept well enough." He replied with a small smile. Once more he returned to fishing through the junk only to look up as he heard her speak. "I think we should stay, double check for sup-" He spoke before he saw her wince in pain. Hopping over the counter he ran to the bed to meet her. He hadn't caught her finger twitching and changing. "You okay?" Korbin questioned as he placed a gentle hand to her shoulder, trying to comfort her. Sitting down he frowned, "Should I get you some medicine?" His caring nature coming through while he tried to console her. He'd be damned if he lied and said he didn't love her.

He frowned Ashley and Nathan both agreeing they should stay too, given the girl's apparent pain and agreeing with Korbin's suggestion on finding mroe supplies. Nathan setting out to do just that. Looking to her Korbin sighed, slowly moving his hand away, concern etched intp the wrinkles in his face and the grey in his hair.

Something wasn't right at all, not only did things not make sense but she also felt that something big was gonna happen...and it wouldn't be a good thing. She met Korbin's eyes as he asked if she was okay. Brianna nodded without saying much, just a small smile. "No thanks Korbin, I'll be okay. It's just some cramps." She told him, Brianna herself was unsure of what it was but she didn't need others worrying about it as well. "I think staying another night is a good idea, these mattresses are way too comfortable." She chuckled. Glancing back at Ashley, the little girl stood up and came over to sit next to Bree. "I think Ashley and I will continue searching through the inn, who knows what we might find?" Brianna told Korbin. "Wanna join us?" She asked Korbin as Ashley took her hand. Bree met the girls bright blue eyes and smiled. The girl looked sad and scared. Giving her a confused look Bree moved to her knees to be at eye level with Ashley.

Korbin sighed, not quite believing her but he would accept the answer. A slight chuckle came from her words, the matresses were so very nice with their lumps, he couldn't care much though it was better than rocks and the like. Looking to Ashley he smiled just a bit, slowly nodding. "Yea, I'll help." He replied, before going and grabbing the shotgun, just to be safe with the girls. After all he was their protector, he needed something to protect them with. Stuffing his pockets with the shells he found he looked to the two girls before he turned starting up the stairs noticing they seemed to be wanting to have a little talk.