How to Train your Dragon~ Riding Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man looks at the boy and the dragon and calls out "Hurry up we have people waiting and classes to go to, we don't have all day" he wasn't the most patient of people but he got the job done. Looking at the sky realizing the time he stands clapping his hands together. "Ok let's try something a little different to move this along. We can have about 3 more people going, you all have class very soon so we need to move this along." he says grin before taking out the list. Once again he scans it "ok Sally you get the honor of...trying to ride a Night fury Star Dancer or just Star" he says with a smirk "Be carful their plasma blasts aren't friendly. Ok Rowan and Vigge good luck and our other Night fury cresendo's temporary rider for today is Ever, be carful found this one destroying a village so don't die I don't do well with body's." He says in a not at all joking tone. He walks back over to the leavers pulling the new 3 he goes back to the chair. He sits watching the teens intently as they confronted the dragons.

2dkffom.png

I shrink back into the shadows as the door opens I was invisible blending in with the darkness. Well except my eyes closing them, now it would be almost impossible to see me. I hear foot step from outside I didn't know if it was the teacher or the student...Sally. I wait silently as other doors open two others as far as I could hear, but then I remember the man saying something about another night fury. I had never seen another of my kind and I thought I never would. It seemed like the only good thing about getting taken here, that I might possible meet another night fury. I felt a small bight of hope inside me that maybe this wasn't so bad. Still though I was trapped and being treated like an object these kids had the right to take. I was not a pet or toy I was a wild dragon and I would always stay that way. I lay in waiting maybe scaring the kid would buy me sometime to escape.

35cg8xe.png

I gulp hearing my name then straighten up, brushing myself off I take the few steps over to the cage that had just opened. Vigge was the name of the dragon which lay within the dark stone cage. I had heard banging coming from this cage earlier but I had to suck it up and be brave. I walk to the side of the cage grabing the saddle and rope. Judging by the saddle this dragon was most likely a grapple grounder. A boulder class dragons the grapple grounder was considered wrestling champion of Dragons. They were strong and powerful and shot fire simular to the night fury. Not a dragon I want to get on the bad side of. I peer into the cage to see the powerful beast within, I take a step in. "Ok" I say "now I know you probably don't like this place but bare with me, I don't want to hurt you." I add as I edge closer to her. I drop the saddle and rop holding my hands up so she could see I carried nothing to harm her. "Please I maybe not understand how you feel, so I'm sure not gonna say I do. I'm sorry this happened to you you have every right to be angry, sad, frustrated what ever. No one deserves this and I'm here to help you but you have to help me. I have no intention of treating you badly or like I'm above you, because I'm not above you we are all equal maybe not in the eyes of others but in our own minds and that's all that matters." I smile slightly edging forward "I want us to be friends and if not friends then...acquaintance anything but enemies. So please help me out here and I will gladly help you be happy in anyway that I can." My smile widens and I pull out a piece of meat I'd snagged from breakfast. "Here" I say "it's not much but it's good" I add holding it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: firejay1
Sally felt quite nervous now. She was just so confident and excited a while ago but she didn't expect to be given the honor to handle a dragon such a night fury but she will try her best no matter what.

She took a deep breathe and walked into the cage with as much confidence as she can muster. She might not be able to seem the dragon but she certainly knows its there, its a night fury after all they are really good at remaining hidden.

She walked a few steps forward towards the dark corner of the cage where Star Dancer was hiding and crouched down slightly. "Hey i know your hiding there afterall night furies are good at hiding. And i know none of you like this place after all no dragon, human or any kind of animal would like to be caged in especially if they have wings as they wont be able to fly properly" she reached her hand out slightly. "And i really know you don't want to be here and i don't want to see dragons caged in like this but i can't really do anything about it if you guys are going to destroy everything and kill our friends and families" she paused for a moment. "And none of are here to hurt you guys only the stupid annoying over confident kids would do that and they don't deserve any kind of dragon especially a night fury or a skrill." she moved in a little bit closer "And i simply ask for a little bit of your trust Star Dancer i wont put a saddle on you if you don't want to". She spoke in a very soft voice that only Star Dancer could probably hear.

@Sugar_n_spice

Ever was almost bouncing with excitement the first time she heard her name called. But then she let the teachers words sink in. She looked at him to see if his last words were meant to be a joke. But from his serious expression she could tell it wasn't. She stirred nervously at first, looking at the other two students as they left. She took a deep breathe and let it out, forcing herself to calm down. "It's all right, Ever. You wanted to see a Night Fury, and now you get to. It's fine, stay calm.." She said to herself and looked at the open cage, then smiles at Rorke. "Wish me luck!" She forced a smile and walked to the cage, slowly at first. When she approached the cell, she looked at the saddle. She decided against grabbing it, since the dragon might find it rather... Threatening. So she took a few steps and stood outside the opening of the cage. She peered at the dragon, seeing the scars which caused her to nervously rub the bandages on her arm that hid her own. She turned her gaze away, bowing her head slightly and respectfully. "I won't act like some high and mighty Viking. I know your stronger then me, and that your powerful. And being locked in this cage isn't fair for you or any of the others. And I'm sure how they brought you here wasn't welcoming at all. And, I'm not sure if this matters much to you, but I don't want you to treat you like your lower than me. Or Like your a pet. Your an equal." She spoke in a quiet voice so only the dragon could hear. Though, she wasn't quite sure if dragons understood any human language. She glances up at the dragon, taking a few steps into the cage. She didn't dare get close to the dragon, not unless it welcomed her. She hesitantly held her hands out, palms to the dragon so it would see she had nothing on her and she didn't mean any harm. "I know your probably not excited about me being your rider, but if you feel more comfortable we don't have to do any riding today. I can just learn to earn your trust before you let me anywhere near you. I'll keep my distance until you feel like I'm worthy of your trust." She spoke gently and smiles kindly at the dragon. She didn't want him to feel threatened, or make him feel like she was cornering him and ganging up on him.

"Alright, talk to you later, Spitfire my buddy," Jetstream greets in unison as they gaze upon the opening gates. They were a little nervous, pondering about the ones they would meet.

"Hey brother, I'm wondering if we should really do this," Jet ponders.

"Heh, same too," Stream continues.

The two heads look at each other and nod, before levitating out of the enclosure. The two heads produce a mighty roar, wondering about a human they would meet.

2dkffom.png

I could hear the girls foot steps as she approaches I open my blue eyes, cold black slits. I bare my teeth at her I growl slightly, circling her slowly. I sniff her quitly with drawing quite fast after, I tilt my head at her judging what I should do. Maybe firefly was right maybe we should give these kids a chance. This one seemed nice enough not selfish and mean like some of the rumors I'd heard about humans. I glance outside oh how I wanted to fly and trusting these humans might be my ticket out. By gaining their trust I could possibly escape. Though it could go wrong but it was a risk I was willing to take for my freedom. I close my eyes letting out a sigh and a puff of smoke exits my nose. I open my eyes my pupils dilated slightly as a sign that I would not attack but I was on edge.

@ResolverOshawott

Last edited by a moderator:
2dkffom.png

I could hear the girls foot steps as she approaches I open my blue eyes, cold black slits. I bare my teeth at her I growl slightly, circling her slowly. I sniff her quitly with drawing quite fast after, I tilt my head at her judging what I should do. Maybe firefly was right maybe we should give these kids a chance. This one seemed nice enough not selfish and mean like some of the rumors I'd heard about humans. I glance outside oh how I wanted to fly and trusting these humans might be my ticket out. By gaining their trust I could possibly escape. Though it could go wrong but it was a risk I was willing to take for my freedom. I close my eyes letting out a sigh and a puff of smoke exits my nose. I open my eyes my pupils dilated slightly as a sign that I would not attack but I was on edge.

She relaxed just a little bit knowing that the dragon had trusted her a bit. She walked closer to Star Dancer and reluctantly placed a hand on her head and petted her a bit "See? i wont hurt you i'm not like one of those kids who just get dragons for bragging rights ugh i swear i will push those kinds of people off the island if i ever get a chance to do so and you would probably do the same or just feed them to a dragon" she chuckled a bit at what she said "I really wish i have some food to give you because all the dragons here deserve a good size bucket of fresh fish but may tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i can give you one but i think we aren't permanent partners since this is still the first day of school" her expression saddened a bit "Well even if we don't become permanent parthners i'm sure we can still be friends, and if your next partner is a annoying snobby bully just shows them who's boss like a real dragon" she said giggling a little bit.

Siggy let out a loud "Owwww..." in complaint as his head collided with the ceiling. "What was that for?" He snapped at the dragon as if it could actually understand him. He decided not to touch it again, instead crouching back down in front of one of its eyes and cocking his head far to the side as if by doing so he could examine it better. He was also trying to give the dragon a good view of him. Then, he grinned widely and genially, letting the corners of his mouth stretch far apart in a happy expression. "You're Renegade huh? I'm Sigurd. They all call me Siggy, though." He tried to reach out his hand again, but though better of it and stopped. "What's gotten you so grumpy?" He asked, thumping a small bag he'd been carrying down on the ground next to him as he conversed with the dragon. (@Outlaw Justice)

-----------------

Vigge's golden scales flashed in the new light as she saw a boy with black hair and blue eyes enter her cell. He looked dangerous. He also looked nervous. He was holding some leather thing that gave her a bad feeling. He dropped a piece of meat on the floor in front of her, speaking a language she didn't understand and using a placating tone. For a long moment, she just stood there, her snake-like body tall and imposing, but very still. Then she moved. In a sudden flash of movement, she whipped past him, her tail accidentally giving him a good whomp as she went, and she was out. It was much brighter here, she was in some kind of big round circle. There were other cages with other dragons in it and small humans there as well. Letting out a loud roar in celebration of her freedom, and to scare some of the humans, she shot a burst of flame that just narrowly missed the teacher. Her eyes scanned the room for a way out, but she'd been in the dark too long and it was taking a bit to adjust. Humans were clogging the exit. (@Sugar_n_spice )

Renny gave the boy daggers still, he had hated humans since he got the scars from them, the whipping was really harsh. Renegade cocked his head out of the way and walked to the back corner, breathing through nose as he stared at the boy known as Siggy. Ren just wanted to be free, just to fly around and not get hurt. After a few minutes he came out of the shadows, he scanned around the boy trying to see if there was any weapons on him and saw the bag next to him. He grabbed the bag with his teeth and retreated back into the shadows, He looked through the bag before he found a lunch bag, he pulled it out with his teeth and began looking through it.

Rorke smiled at her enthusiasm but then lowered it when she looked worried. "Don't worry, as long as you be your enthusiastic self, I think you'll be alright" He put his hands on his hips waiting to see who he got, hopefully he'll get a dragon that is stealthy and smart like him he thought. "You won't need it" He said to Ever waving to her then crossed his arms again waiting for his turn with a dragon.

@firejay1 )

Siggy didn't move any closer. He put his arms around his knees and his chin on his arms and continued looking at the dragon even as it retreated from him. He noticed the dragon beginning to rifle through his backpack, taking particular interest in his lunch. "You hungry? I thought they feed you guys in this place. It's a pretty lame lunch, anyways. You can have it if you like. My mom packed it, even though they give you food here. Weird, right? And her cooking sucks."

Renegade through the lunch bag in the air and caught it in his mouth, Swallowing it in one bite. He then looked back at the boy and walked over to him, He then began smelling the boy all around him. He then walked back to the shadows at the back of the cage and laid down, staring at the boy he wasn't giving daggers which was a huge move if you asked any of the dragons. Renny was still on line were he stood with the human, if all humans are bad or not.

Siggy let the dragon sniff around him for a bit, giggling a little until the other went back to the back of the cave. He had no idea about any of the doubts dragons had about humans, good or bad or whatever. He just continued surveying the creature across from him without making a move. Maybe his time would be up soon, but he hoped not. This wasn't terribly exciting, but it would be even duller if he never got the chance to at least try one flight. He put his cheek on his fist and gave it a half-concerned, half-bored face. "Heyy... they're not mistreating you, are they? Which kind of dragon are you, again, Renegade? A flightmare or something?" He wished he had some other kind of food with him to at least convince the dragon to come closer, but he didn't. Standing, he began walking backwards, going slowly towards the entrance and the light, but continuing to face the dragon. At the entrance, he sat down cross-legged, sitting at the edge of the light. "You don't have to worry about me, you know. I'm generally acknowledged as the weakest kid around. If you want to come closer that's fine, too." He frowned at it. "Why're you all the way back there in the dark, anyways? Don't you miss the light? Flightmares are supposed to glow or something, right?"

2dkffom.png

I pull away slightly when she try's to pet me, I wasn't big on being touched never had been. I had never been close enough to anyone even my adopted mother. Frankly I think she just toke me in because I was faster and s better Hunter, so she could gorge herself on my catch. That's how I learned early on that no one really cares about you unless they gain something for themselves. I knew the moment I lost my adopted mother I would be better off without her, even when I was attacked by that Whispering Death. What could she have done she would have just stod there, she was no more powerful then I was. So I know now I really am better off, everything that happened I could have done by myself. I wasn't sure if I could trust this girl like really trust her, my only goal was to get out. I look past her to the exit I wanted to get out in the sun shine more than anything, and of course I wanted to fly.

35cg8xe.png

I grab the food quickly rushing out to the dragons "please Vigge it's ok, I don't want to hurt you. You could do far more damage to me then I could ever do to you." I say calmly trying to calm the dragon as well. I don't want her to think I was a threat. "Look I have no idea if you understand me but please give me a chance." I say with a small smile "all I want you to know is I mean you no harm, and I want to help you I really do. I can't do that with out you helping me." I add holding out the meat to her once more. My smile widens "It's ok" I say softly I didn't care if she couldn't understand most of the other Dragons seemed to mildly understand English. My tone alone was calm and friendly and of she could hear that I have a chance.

Sally noticed Star Dancer looking pass her and out to the exit and clearly knew what the Night Fury wanted "Hey i know you want to get out and fly but as much as i hate saying this but they wont let you out unless well you let someone ride you which i know you really don't want to let anyone ride you or touching you in general " she paused for a moment thinking of something to say though she was starting to feel a little impatient, she knew the only way she could gain a dragon such a night fury's trust takes time. She extended her hand out again in a attempt to pet the dragon again though she was careful with what she did and say because she did not want to be enemies with a night fury and she did not want to get blown into dust and she was sure nobody wants any of those to happen to them.

Vigge was not scared, though she wasn't calm either. She was rejoicing. It was the first time she'd been let out of her cage. Ah, how she had missed the freedom. She could tell the human was trying to do something, though. He kept getting closer and speaking, holding out the food and smiling at her. She didn't trust it. She also wasn't very interested in it. Compared to a chance to get away from these humans and their noisy, trapping ways whatever this one human was trying to do was of little to no consequence to her as long as he wasn't holding a weapon. He had that leather thing with him, still, too. It made her feel... uneasy. No. It made her feel angry. All these humans everywhere, noisy noisy noisy. It made her head hurt. Letting out another screaming roar, she barreled towards the exit, bowling small humans out of the way if they didn't do it fast enough themselves, only to find her way blocked by another kind of cage. They'd closed the exit behind them. In a scream of rage and frustration, not fear, she slammed her body hard against the gate several times, most people scrambling away from her.

Kellar ran through the town. Time had escaped him and he was supposed to be reporting in at the academy for his first year. Not exactly a great way to start the year already being late, but it beat not showing up at all. Then he may as well kiss his chances of getting into the academy goodbye. Once he arrived he looked for the Headmistress figuring it would be best to report in to her and figure out exactly how this day was gonna go. Once he found her he bowed his head in respect. "Sorry for being late Headmistress. My name is Kellar Redguard, I was supposed to be starting my first year at the academy. Unfortunately time got away from me, but I am ready to face whatever challenges today offers. Where would you like me to report to?" He said patiently awaiting a response.

Scar slowly awoke in his cell. He slowly stood up setting his frontal wings down to the ground to steady himself. His vision was blurry, but he could tell he was not where he was the night before. He had been moved somewhere, but where exactly he was unsure. As his vision began to clear he could see there were other dragons and... younger humans? Some of them seemed to be interacting with each other, exactly why he was unsure. He didn't even understand why he was brought here, he was perfectly content flying among the lands. Now it seemed like he was being punished for some unknown reason. Soon the answers would come to him, at least that's what he hoped for.

As the dragon laid in the back of the cage, Siggy approached and still laid in the same place. As Siggy observed him, Renny also observed the small boy, he looked harmless but all humans have a dark side. Renegade understood the words barely, till he heard the word glow which automatically made him glow, he remembered why because of his last incident. Renegade had recently eaten glowing algae, from eating algae through a small hole he made, but was running out. But it wasn't blue algae, but a goldish color which was unusual for algae. When he began glowing he stood up, he hadn't glowed since, well he didn't like thinking about It and blocked it from his mind.

Delighted by the reaction to his words, the mild concern on Sigurd's face split into a wide grin, curiosity also showing itself plainly on his face. If his bright red hair seemed to glow in the sun glancing off the back of it, it was nothing to the glorious golden color Renegade was turning. The dragon standing startled him a little bit, and he shuffled a bit away from the entrance, not wanting to get in the way if Renegade suddenly decided he wanted out. He didn't want the dragon to escape, for sure, but he knew he couldn't stop it if it chose and would rather come out of the encounter unscathed.

Renegade was going to run for the entrance then tracked back like a horse would if they saw a snake, he then ran back to the back of the cell with the glow lighting through the darkness. Renny had been scared to come out of the cell, he had been scared that the humans would attack or ambush him if he ran out, for that Ren stood in the back. He then stared back at the red headed boy, he hadn't known this boy for too long but he was one of the better humans he saw in years.

Freyall
Observing with mild amusement from the front of my cage I see the first batch of humans let loose some of the new dragons that have come here. It seemed the humans let out some of the nightfuries first which meant that they saved dragons like myself for last. From here I could see how the humans approached the dragons nicely trying to win the new dragons with the thing humans called 'trust' or 'kindness' something that I myself despise. I know that I may only trust myself in this world even if King is a very pleasant and kind looking male that make me feel comfortable. Still one of the dragons tried to escape and I would have told him that it was foolish if the fact to see the dragons despair is amusing. "Hah, look at them. The new ones are always the funny ones" I say mostly to myself as I continue to observe while pacing around my cage.​

Scar watched on from near the front of his cage. He tilted his head watching the humans and dragons. "So it would seem the only way to be released from the cage is under the supervision of the younger humans. I guess their rules override our own in the current situation." He said lowly watching the interactions. He turned his head looking around the darkness the surrounded the outside of his cage. He didn't see any movement near him which was difficult to say whether it was a good or bad thing. "I guess my time will come around soon enough, I will just have to be patient for the time being. Then perhaps I will be able to at least spread my wings once more." He said lowering his head as he waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.