How to Train your Dragon~ Riding Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freyall

The human close her eyes and refuse to move in front of me. I snarl and snap my jaws but nothing seem to get to her making me more angry. I wonder why she won't fight me, why won't she pick up the item I so nicely picked out for her?. I pound the ground with my tail and stomp with my feet in anger and discomfort. I feel humiliated that she won't even try fighting me humiliated that a human who seem too afraid to even move have been chosen for me. I cannot stand this torment for long, the anger boils in my veins, If she's don't want to move I'll make her move... I charge towards her, head first without a hint of even trying to use my electric powers as its way to personal to just shock her... No I want to crush her! myself!.​

Ylva's eyes snapped open, blood screaming in her veins as she sensed a shift in the dragon's pattern of movement. Something was different. Oh, she knew what it was. Her hair wasn't frizzing. That meant... that meant... whatever the heck it was that usually made the air and likely the dragon's skin itself sizzle was probably turned off. The petite viking still didn't pick up the hatchet. She had absolutely no intention of killing this dragon or any other. It almost kind of irritated her. Why should she have to get involved in whatever age-old enmity dragons seemed to want to have with humans? Her now-opened eyes saw the dragon charging towards her, no electricity buzzing around it, the cave ceiling too close ahead of her to try jumping. She would not run. She never ran. She'd been getting ready for a fight earlier, but it had mostly looked like it was just going to kill her directly. If the lightning was off... it just wanted a good old fight. Now what was it she normally did with the kinds of dragons that insisted on fighting? Oh, that's right. Her mind racing a mile a minute, she flung her body to the side, pirouetted sharply on her heels and sent her fist flying towards the dragon's nose with all the momentum of her body behind it. If it connected, there was no doubt it would hurt. (@Iatos)

Freyall

Charging towards the human as my vision grow narrow like a tunnel and as my head almost graze the human to deliver its blow I feel a sharp pain in my nose that turn my head towards the human who have moved out of my path. In a moment I see the humans paw connected to my nose and in the weakest spot of it that causes an stinging pain through my skull and body. Yet The pain that comes after completely drown the previous pain out as I crash straight into the wall behind the girl from my surprise and failure to react. The world spin around and as my vision clear I lay with my head down on the ground and my back and tail pointing in the air towards the wall. I probably look rather hillarious there and then, but I cannot help but to feel embarassed if not humiliated even further, the human beat me... me!. I who have so easily taken down anything who have crossed my path, and now here I lay just liek some of the past students who were sent into the wall by my attacks. Wiggling my body until I fall down with a stingy thud I slump forward and just lay still on the ground as nearly everything suddenly hurt. Shifting my eyes I stare at the human for a while before looking away in defeat, somehow I feel that the human have outwitted me... and thus now I lay in wait to see what she will do with her victory.​

Ylva was very surprised to see the dragon careen into the wall behind it, unable to stop its momentum due to the shock of a blow that had actually connected. She simply watched it dispassionately, and again without fear, as it struggled to its feet and tried to get its bearings. It stared at her, then seemed to turn its gaze from her with what looked almost like shame in its eyes. Now that didn't surprise her. She'd seen it happen before. Again... and again... and again. Even small dragons had pride, and they didn't like it when they were beaten. Some of the medium-level dragons resumed attack with a vengeance, but the smartest ones showed this... shame. She went straight up towards it, and slowly crouched down right in front of it until her nose was inches away from its snout, her eyes completely level with Freyall's. Then, for the first time since she'd entered the complex, cold, mean little orphan Ylva Falkis, who lived by herself in a forest doing Thor knows what, opened her mouth and spoke. Her voice was quiet and lilting, almost musical, and she spoke in the tongue of her mother's people, but a healthy dose of exasperation made it come out as something of a growl. "Are you satisfied, now?" She asked, before finally patting its head, just twice, in a reassuring sort of way.

Freyall
I observe the human even with my head turned away I can see her silhouette and hear her movements. I lay still, feeling little reason to move as the human certainly didn't hint either fear or aggression. Closer and closer I hear her come until she stands in front of me, this time I make no attempt to turn my head as it would only be silly. I see the human bend down and she... growl at me?... she speak in the human way yet in a odd way. At least its not the 'baby talk' way that some do. In a way the human sound angry and as she touch my head I flinch and shut my eyes for a moment, its dark but I feel her hand on my head only twice. Its odd and when I look again she's still there. I breathe calmly and let out a snort in reply, rising above the human as I raise myself on my feet, I let out a loud roar and flap my wings slightly before pounding the ground with my tail as I settle down. Then I cheap shot the human with my head and give her a bump with it before pinning her with one foot, I sniff her for a while and don't really hold her too hard. I snort again and sneeze as the humans weird smells tickle my nose causing my snot to fly over her. However I let go of the human and then gently lay my head towards her hand, letting her hold it there like she wanted before. I am satisfied... at least for now, this human seem interesting, even if I can't understand her at all right now I believv its a good sign... she seem to surprise where most humans have failed.​

To her surprise, the dragon almost seemed to flinch when she touched it, but it allowed her to pat it without shocking her. Suddenly, it reared up on its hind legs, startling and almost scaring Ylva temporarily. It pushed her onto her back and pressed one paw to her stomach, gently but firmly making sure she stayed down while it sniffed around her. The boogers that ensued were more disgusting than harmful, but as she wiped it from her face, she couldn't help but feel mildly insulted. Did she really smell that bad? She didn't get a chance to test it out, though, because the next minute, Freyall had put her head to Ylva's hand. Ylva was both startled and pleased by this. A quiet smile broke out across her face and she kept her hand still for a long time. Slowly, she pulled herself fully upright again. She didn't know if the dragon would allow her to ride it now... nor did she know exactly what she was supposed to do now that she'd gained its general trust. She just made a mental shrug. Since she didn't know, she would just do what she always did with dragons who'd come to befriend her. In a move that most humans who knew her would consider uncharacteristic of her, and most dragons who knew her would consider completely expected from her, she finished wiping most of the snot off of her, then sat cross-legged next to the gap between Freya's neck and shoulder and gently leaned her head against the dragon, closing her eyes as if to fall asleep.

Freyall.

I let the human keep its paw at my head, humans seem to like it as it shows trust and I cannot deny that it makes me feel something. This something is not something I can put my claw on what it is but its at least a bit necessary to get the human to understand me better. However as she approach me she lay down and rest towards my... neck and my shoulder causing me to shiver as it seems she try to sleep. I snort deeply and shake her off as I move away from her slightly. I am no damned pillow for a human brat and only my chosen mate will sleep towards me like if he own me like that. I snort and quickly move towards the Dragon riding trainer causing the big man to drop his cup and rear back slightly even if he don't move much at all to my approach. I steal his helmet from his head causing the man to groan audibly and roll his eyes. I then throw the helmet up and let me land on my head correctly before starring and the human child again and snort audiably as I try to get her to understand what I mean. I'm not certain that she will get the message however.​

Renegade watched as the boy named Sigurd came back in, watching his move. But then saw a saddle in Siggys hand and growled at him, the dragon then crawled to the back of the cell. But it didn't stop Siggy from following and drop the saddle on his back, the dragon immediatly freaked out and ran out of the cell, dropping the saddle on the floor. He didn't know if he had rundown the boy but was in a major freakout, the dragon was still bright gold and flew in the air almost touching the top of the dome.

( @firejay1 )

Devour's and the rest's eyes stared at the man with a dark intensity. Devour's mouth was the first to slowly close shut. This was followed by Split then the rest. Their eyes still fixated upon him, and still sharp slits, they slowly settled down. However, their eyes didn't change, not yet. Funnily, the moment of intensity was slightly broken as their stomach growled, Crunch and Swallow broke from looking at Haldor and looked down at their stomach. Devour and Split however, still stared on.

@firejay1

Ylva stared at the dragon. It was definitely acting rather oddly. True, not all dragons liked it when she leaned against them, but what was it doing with that viking's helmet? It couldn't be... could it possibly want her to try riding it? Insane. She'd never seen that behavior in a dragon before. Almost as if trying to test the idea, she slowly went over to where the saddle was and picked it up tentatively, very uncertain. She was probably completely wrong.... Right?

--------------------

The dragon freaked out, throwing the saddle off and Siggy backwards. At least he wasn't crushed in the dragon's rampage. When he sat up again, he saw it flying up towards the ceiling, looking decidedly panicked. He ran out, following it, hoping it would calm down. He left the saddle behind and held his hand up to his eyes, as he looked up at the glowing, and extremely frightened-looking flightmare.

--------------------

Seeing two of the heads look down at its own stomach, Haldor couldn't help but let out a loud, barking laugh. He wished he had some kind of food to hand to the dragon, but he had nothing on him. He turned and jogged back out, opening the closed gates just long enough to snag some food from the breakfast table, before jogging back. Understanding that he had frightened it, he didn't get close, just threw the large hunks of bread and meat closer to the dragon, for it to eat. "Don't they feed you anything?" he asked it, grinning.

--------------------

((Introducing new dragons now!))

Thrander grew impatient as she heard the sound of new humans entering the large cage. Thrander's pale blue skin was barely visible in the darkness of the cage and she felt like it had been forever since she had last seen the light. She liked playing with the humans, but she was most impatient to see some light again. She jumped back and forth on her small, stumpy legs, hoping someone would come in soon.

--------------------

Another seashocker. Wave and Sting had been excited to hear the sound of another seashocker in a nearby cage. The two of them had been very despondent for a long time. Last year, they'd had been paired with every student in the class, but every one had ended up partnering with a different dragon. They'd both known it was because they'd been a little bit reckless, but the feeling of flying meant you should enjoy it, right? Why didn't the humans understand? They'd both been keeping their heads down, eating little and expressing little excitement. But it was a new year, a new chance, and there was another of their kind there. The two of them had discussed in hushed voices about whether or not they should try talking to the other one, but had decided not to until they came across another human at least.

Freyall

She the human girl starred at me as I attempted to communicate with her in the first fashion that came to mind. Having stolen the helmet of the riding trainer the Human girl student thing certainly reacts to me. I let out a huff of warm air as I watch her walk away and pick up the thing humans put on dragon's backs as they try to tame them. My instincts tell me that I should avoid it at all cost but right now I don't listen to them, outside I've seen humans riding on dragon's for so long that I know what that means. A saddle means a chance of freedom from this hell, and no matter how repulsing the idea might seem I think i'll go insane if I stay inside here for much longer. Seeing the strange but curious human girl pick up the saddle in almost a response of me taking the helmet from the riding trainer and wearing it I walk to the center and lay down. I am very uncertain if it actually will hurt, or if the human will try to achieve dominace over me. Yet I lay thre, as I promised King to give the humans a chance. However as I lay there I feel frightened, frightened of what will happen and all thos 'new' that I never have experienced before. I feel as if everything I've ever thought of until now might be undone by that single thing called a 'saddle'. It might be the key to my freedom... or it could possibly be a one way trip into slavery by the humans... Uncertainty... fear, I feel like shivering yet am to prideful to show it. Yet... I cannot decide what to do, saddle... or no saddle?... that i the question.​

Ylva almost felt like a torturer as she approached the dragon. She felt a little bit reluctant, seeing it cower like that, but that was why she'd come here in the first place, to rid a dragon. Trying to be as gentle as she could, despite her lack of experience, she placed the saddle on its back, slowly and gently tightening it. She hoped it wasn't too scared, it was almost starting to make her nervous.

Freyall

The tension of the moment feel like an eternity, I just lay there obvious to what actually happen around me. In my mind I fight my emotions in a raging battle, then as my ears suddenly twich to the scraping of metal hinges that lock into place I feel how something like a blanket and a chain lock in place around me. My eyes shrink down, my body screams and then a Shriek out and as my tail trash around on the ground I come to but one word in conclusion of my mind. SADDLE! I scream in my mind, yet not from acceptance, but from the fact that it is attached t omy back whatever I liked it or not. My blood start boiling inside my vains, I feel how the voices of nature scream around my head as the furious storm I sucked down before bubbles up to the surface like a tidal-wave breaking a dam. The air around me start hissing and sparking forcing anyone and everyone near me to back off unless they want to be turned to crisps. I cannot contain the emotions flowin into me any longer, and soon I roar as ligthning cracks around me and botls off electrisity flies everywhere striking anything made out of metal in my vicinity. Then as I roar my nose shivers and I unleash a thunderbolt powerful enough to feel like the beating of the hammers of Thor upon the Gate that for so long have kept me imprisoned. Even thought the metal gate stand for the blast it cringes and spread the bolts into the very cage above creating a huge magneticed net that soon discharg and send a streamline of bolts right back at me creating a electrical nightmare for anyone present. I spring into motion and ram the gate again and again with all my strength as an unstoppable force of nature.

Yet as the proud dragon trainer stand and shout my Name "FREYALL!... " Everything seem to halt around me. I rear back and fall back as the trainer approach me before curling up in the middle. The man is firm but yet compassionate, showing a mixture of respect... Yet dominance and kindness that few possess. He place his paw on my snout and I freeze in place as he start stroking it, the man don't get shocked at all... all my thunder existing a minute ago seem to have short-circued my system. As he start scraching my cheek and behind my ear I slowly sink to the ground beneath him and he say to me "Easy Girl... there's nothing to worry about. Calm down... your safe" The man say and go to grab the girl that put the saddle on me. He don't say much but he drag her before me and place her palm on my nose next to his own, I watch them in silence as I try to understand what he mean. "See, She almost got the same hands as me... don't be afraid. Carry her on your back Freyall, feel the bond of dragons and humans connect you to everything in this world... and spread your wings as a glorious monument of the circle of life. " he say and pushes the girl towards the saddle on my back. He give her a stern look as if to yell at her but sigh as he don't seem to want to make the moment any worse. "What in odin's beard were you thinking?.... Didn't you see that she was scared out of her wits?... Never saddle a Dragon who is scared and uncertain. Its yer job as a Dragon trainer to make sure that the're calm and ready for that step... I could help you this time as your teacher.. but from now on if you make that mistake your on your own. and Unless you want an Early trip to Hel I suggest that you listen... now giddy up, it will be a long day" The Great Dragon trainer said as he left to his seat after claiming his rather sooty helmet from the floor where it had landed after my rampage. I feel... calm, a bit embarassed but calm... I lau calml and wiggle my tail on the ground as I look to the young rider, almost feeling like... pushing her on with my head as I start feeling... excited?.​

Crunch and Swallow instantly noticed the food and attempted to dart at it. They were held backby Split and Devour. Devour then lowered his head and the rest followed, the moved toward the food and after Devour started, the rest began. They completely ignored the bread, and went right for the meat. Crunch and Swallow had found a particular piece of meat and were tugging at it between the two heads. Split looked over at Devour. "You know, this human isn't that bad. He did apologize for before." Devour replied "Yes, but he doesn't have my full trust yet." After finishing off the food, they backed up a small bit and sat down. Overall, they seemed less suspicious of Haldor now.

Ylva's dark eyes glared at the instructor's back. Several insults slipped from her lips. This was why he should have tried to teach them something instead of just throwing them in there and telling them not to die. He thought she was a fool? How often people mistake ignorance for stupidity. Stupidity is having knowledge, and not understanding how to use it properly. Her blood boiled in rage. As the dragon nudged her to get on, she frowned at it, even as she complied. She was much kinder to dragons than she was to people, which was basically the only thing that stopped her from giving it a full-on glare as well. "It's your fault, too, you know." She reprimanded it quietly, knowing it probably didn't understand her anyways. "If you weren't ready, you shouldn't have told me to try riding you." Despite the displeasure of her words, her voice was soft and generally calming. She patted Freya's neck softly.

-----------------------------

Haldor folded his burly arms over his chest and looked at the noncomplying dragon, wondering what he should do to gain its further trust. He wasn't good at this part. Brawling good-naturedly, he could do. Telling a joke no one else thought funny and guffawing into the silence, he could do. Getting into a loud dispute with another viking, he could do. What was he supposed to do to make the dragon feel comfortable with him? "Hey uh..." He ventured to speak, but really wasn't sure what to say. Should he just go get it more food? That hunk of meat could hardly have been enough. "You want some more?" He asked, weakly.

Status
Not open for further replies.