How to Train your Dragon~ Riding Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Iatos

"And you say it like you will be immuned by being tamed by them go sit in a corner you loser" she said to Freyall while she can't quite see him she can still hear him she then returned her attention back to Star Dancer ( @Sugar_n_spice ) "Heh gotta give these kids a chance to prove themselves before trying to eat them of course a lot of the others here would be waay over their heads and think they can't be tamed by them" she said somewhat loudly to make sure the others heard.

The very quiet and mysterious dragon laid on the cold hard floor of the small cell, laying it's head on it's paws, the dragon barely ever talked and was known to be very quiet but extremely vicious. The flightmare watched carefully as the man came over to the cells, he gave a deep and scratchy growl but very intimidating. The dragon glared at the man, not liking how he was taken from his home and put in a cell.

Rory came from the doors and saw all the 1st years sitting at the table, he had just came from archery and hadn't had time to drop off his bow and quiver, so the boy just brought it with him anyway. "So these are the people i'll be with for the year" The blonde smiled as he walked over and sat at the table next to Ever. "Names Rorke, but most call me Rory"

Ever smiled. She nodded a hello at both of the boys who introduced themselves. "It's a pleasure to meet you both! As for what dragon I want, I don't mind. Just one I can work hard for, who can keep up, and one I can treat as an equal, as odd as that sounds." She said, finishing up her muffin. Ever glanced to Rory and her eyes widened at the sight of his bow an arrow. She was impressed, of course. She couldnt shoot if her life depended on it. She could never really get the hang of it. "You shoot? Are you any good? Wait, wait. That's a dumb question. Obviously you are, why else would you have a bow an arrow if you werent any good. Well, you could be practicing to get good.." she paused, realising she hadn't given him a chance to reply to her. She often blabbed on and on a lot whenever she was nervous. She bit her bottom lip lightly out of embaradsment for talking so much.

Razor looked at the human, letting out an odd purring like sound he always made when he was hungry. He tried to push his nose between the bars, sniffing the man. He wanted to see if he had any food to give. "Common human, cut me some slack. Any food you can give me? Just a little nibble. I hadn't had a snack since dinner yesterday!"

(Ok students should now head to the cages the teacher will talk to them for a second then list the pairs. I will say when which dragons should come out.)

2dkffom.png

Star Dancer
I smile "Yeah I sometimes don't understand dragons as well as humans." I say looking around it had been sometime and I could now hear foor steps approaching. "I guess they're coming" I say rolling my eyes slightly. "Here we go" I add.

245im8y.png

Spit fire
I look at the Skrill straight faced holding my head hight I nod "hello Freyall" I say blinking at her she seemed to have lost her aditude for at lest a minute. I had over heard her talking with the other dragons, about what was going on and all that. I tilt my head looking at the entrance the first human had come out of I hear talking a foot steps, people were coming.

nx8jrm.png

Juniper
I stand and say "I guess we should go." I walk along the table the 2nd and 3rd years giving me nasty looks. "It's not my fault we get good dragons, and your stuck with crappy common ones." I snap at the snobby little brats. Tossing my hair behind my shoulder, and continue my walk out. The two Rowan and Ray follow a few seconds later. As I make my way out of the hall and down yet another hall to the cages. I enter the stone arena circling around it were many cages dragons paced and growl with in. I see a man standing in the middle probably the teacher I walk up to him and wait for everyone else.

Rory smiled when the girl mentioned his bow, he had been training with a bow since age four, he had got really good at using a bow. "Yeah i have been training with it for a while, i have gotten good at it, i can almost shoot three arrows at a time" He smiled putting his bow right beside the bench, he then noticed that he didn't know what her name was, so that would be the next question to ask. "So i didn't get your name?" As soon after he asked that the teachers told the new first year students to go to see the dragons, which had a burst of excitement inside himself. The boy stood up from the seat, deciding to talk to Ever to see what she knew about bows, maybe as much as he knew. "So have you used a bow before in your life?" He walked to the cages walking beside Ever as they chatted about the weapon.

Ylva noticed the motion of the others heading towards the dragon cage area, though she hadn't heard any official announcement, and followed the movement silently. She made her way into the circular stone area but simply moved to the side, keeping away from the entrance but not getting closer to the instructor in the center and the others walking up to him.

Sigurd was first to flounce through the doors behind Juniper. As he passed a couple, he heard them conversing about bows. He was personally more interested in the dragons, but he listened to catch their names before moving on.

Haldor lumbered into the space and moved up to the teacher, next to Juniper. He stayed silent, a broad, slightly imposing presence for his age, and waited for instructions, ignoring the sounds of restless dragons coming from the many enclosures lining the circle.

Freyall.
I feel unsure as I wait for the big dragon to speak to me. And for the longest time I merely sit there in silence as I really have no clue of what is going on. It is something about his aura that seem to calm me down when I looked at him. Because even when the other skrill insulted me I didn't get very upset. "I been here for so long... Longer than anyone besides these humans. However I say that all thing break eventually. The more time that pass, the more anyone will feel that freedom is worth submission" I reply without a care and with such a tone that only King might hear me. Then I shift from the bars of my cage and pace over to his window where I gather his scent. A shiver cross my spine and makes my eyes shift from round to to lines for a moment before they shift back again, I smile to myself and think that I really haven't had such a manly looking male by my side before. Then I look down and dip my head to King in respect to him "Can I work together with you?... I've come to the cnclusion its impossible to get out on my own" I propose with slight disgrace in my heart, however I somewhat trust him to not belittle me. And trust that my slight submission to him won't be misplaced. The the new students arrived and I sunk back slightly before pressing up towards the main gate, I needed to see if there was anything worth looking for.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever smiled at him when he asked her name. Pausing, she heard the teachers say they would get to see the dragons and she was practically bouncing in her seat with excitement. "I'm Evangeline, but you can call me Ever." She said and stood up, walking with Rory to the dragons. She glanced to his own bow when he questioned and she thought back to the first time she used a bow. Ever blushed with embarrassment, remembering how she had shot one of her fellow Vikings from her village in the butt. It wasn't a good shot, though, so thankfully he wasn't really hurt. But he kept scowling at Ever when he tried to sit down. She let out a slightly nervous giggle. "They tried to teach me when I was a kid, but I always got distracted and aimed wrong, or I didn't pull back far enough. After a while they kinda gave up on teaching me bow. I kinda regret not paying attention, though, but what can I say? I was seven and I wanted to do other things." She smiled brightly and looked around where they were heading before back at Rory. "What made you interested in using a bow? Not many Vikings do, they are mostly into the heavy stuff like hammers or spears. Ya know, manly things." She quickly shut her mouth after the last part and blushed again. "Not that the bow isn't manly! I think it's pleanty manly! I mean, you need to have some wicked arm strength to pull back an arrow on the bow. A-and not to mention the attention to accuracy. Especially when your shooting three arrows! B-but, you know, um.." Her voice trailed off, hoping she didn't offend Rory.

Rory started chuckling when Evangeline tried to defend about a bow being 'manly'. Rorke was never into bigger weapons and blades unlike his family and friends of the village, he just liked the feel of a bow more then a huge sledgehammer. His father had known how to use a bow, but used an ax because he was afraid of the men of the village that he would be girly, but he knew that Rory wanted to use a bow so he taught him everything he knew. "Don't worry i get it, most men use huge axes while i use a bow, i just find it easier to use and i feel something when i use it, it's unique" He raised his eyebrow at her. "Well if you still want to learn i could teach you if i like, might be cool teaching someone things" Rorke wasn't good at his first try, he had shot in the air on accident and the arrow had fell and stabbed his foot, but he wouldn't tell anyone that. "When i use a bow i feel light, like nobody can hold me back, that i can do anything, so for me i think you should do something you love that makes you happy...And don't let anyone hold you back" He gave a delicate smile to her looking at his bow in his hand, then back at her.

Her smile faltered slightly at his last word. To do something she loved? Her gaze moved ahead, her mind getting lost in thought about her past. Doing something she loved usual got her in trouble then, even if it was just small petty things like collecting pretty wold flowers. She wasn't quite use to hearing things like that yet. She tilts her head to the side slightly as she thought. But it didn't last long. She perked up and looked up at the male brightly. "Would you really teach me?! That would be awesome! Just imagine it! The vast, mighty Viking female atop a wild dragon shooting arrows into the sunset, hair flowing in the wind!" Ever stopped her walking and posed, spreading her legs and crouching like shes riding a dragon and pretends to shoot arrows, even adding a little 'pew' sound to add sound effect. She smiles and looks up at Rorke, chuckling softly to herself before she continues her walking beside him.

• Love
Reactions: firejay1
The boy chuckled at the girls excitement, he then thought of how cool it would be to be a teacher at his own rules. "Of coarse i will, i'll show you everything my dad taught me, i have a lot of tricks up my sleeve" The boy chuckled as Evangeline demonstrated what it would be like i your an archer and can ride a dragon. "I can't wait to see which dragon i got today, it would be awesome to get a Night Fury, it would be awesome to go on one of those and ride it while shooting arrows" The boy stopped in line when they got to the cells, he saw a couple night fury's, a few s krill's and many more. He then noticed that one of the cells were empty which had him confused.

Sally followed right behind Juniper to the dragon cages looking around at the dragons "Man they all look soo cool i wonder which one of them will become our companion for life " she chuckled a bit "Well if we don't get eaten that is" she added giggling a bit as she stood near the teacher next to everybody else.

PlasmaWrath growled a bit, her spines sparked with electricity for a moment "Here it begins hopefully none of them is stupidly annoying enough to end up as our lunch if so oh well we had something to eat at least but gotta give these pathetic kids a chance to prove themselves" she said moving closer to the cage's bars and sticking her nose out.

Freyall.
While watching the students I still felt odd. This oddity was surely different from all other years and it was not something I could easily explain. But as I stood by the gate and felt the scent of the other dragons along with the scent of the humans come to my nose there was something about now that made me feel something?. That something, is at least anything compared to feeling nothing at all. Uncertainty settle slowly in my veins and I cannot explain why. Yet now I feel almost more afraid than I did before. There is another Skrill here and other dragons that are very rare and hard to tame. However If refuse the humans this time and the other dragons are tamed they might not have a choice but to set me free. I wonder if they would do so or if they intend to keep me here forever if I do not yield. Season after season, after season until I lost count. Its possible they kept me here to keep me from falling into the hands of other Vikings, or because I'm the second skrill they ever have attempted to train which means they want to see how long I will endure. I wonder now, If that dragon riding trainer didn't have a dragon. Then maybe I might have yielded to him instead of these kids. After this long, he's still the only one I feel at peace with. At least other than... King. I turn my head towards King as to glance at him while I think of him for a moment. I soon realize that if he find human worthy of riding him. Well, then I don't know what will happen. What really is a worthy human?, or what traits do make a human worthy?. If its whom you feel at peace with, well... Then I might never find one. But if it means respect then I believe that I might as well watch who the other dragons pick this time around and hope it will prove some answers. I look back at the humans and the others, and now I will wait.​

Ever chuckles and peered into the dragon cages. She wanted to get closer, of course, but she din't bother moving any more closer than Rorke. "It would be pretty cool to ride a Night Fury. I just love how fast they can fly!" She smiled and looked around the cages. She remembered quite a few of the dragon breeds in the cages, smiling bigger. She practically couldn't stand still. She was either bouncing in place or shifting from foot to foot excitedly. "Their all so amazing..! And powerful looking. And pretty. And, and... wow." She mumbled to herself quietly.

Razor looked down the hall. Sadly, though, the kinds were on his bad side so he couldn't see them. "Darn eye.. I wanna see if they brought food!" He grumbled as he struggled to press his good eye against the bars of the cage and get a good look of the first years. He listened to a nearby dragon talk about how she was going to eat the children if they were annoying. He opened his mouth to argue, but remembered he had probably stayed here much longer than the other dragon. He had been found when he was barely two years old, so he was pretty use to being around the humans.

(Ok so the first pair is Renny and Siggy, this would probably be my lest favorite teacher ever XD)

The teacher pulls out a list "ok let's see who gets burned first" he says nonchalantly as his finger moves along the list. "Ahhhh, renegade and Siggy" he says grinning "get up here boy" he says grabbing Siggy by the collar and pulling him up to stand closer to Renny's cage. "Ok Siggy you get a Flightmare today, lucky you. His saddle and some rope are right by the cage." he says to the boy pointing at the supplies. He then walks over to a set of 10 leavers he pulls the first one opening Renny's cage. He sits down in a chair "Well what are you waiting for my blessing get the saddle on the thing." He says crossing his arms.

245im8y.png

Spit fire
I smile slightly tilting my head looking at her "Yes I will work together with you" I say softly "under one condition do not hurt the humans." I take my gaze off her looking at the group who had collected. "They are only children, they diserve to live long and happy lives, and injury by dragon much less a Skrill is something that can cut that short." I say looking back at her kindly. "Why have you been here so long Freyall?" I ask "surly if they hadn't found you a rider they would have set you free." I add furthering my statement. If she had been her many seasons and all the 2nd and 3rd years wanted rare dragons, then why hadn't they tried to train her. Humans were strange, jealously was something I had little experience with. I had never really had a family or had been around other Dragons. Then I hear the sound of a cage opening across the way.

Reactions: Iatos
Sigurd allowed himself to be dragged up to the front, yelping more in surprise an annoyance than pain. "You-!" He couldn't finish his protest before the gate began to lift. A Flightmare, huh? He'd heard of them before. He should have been afraid, but the first emotion that came to mind was excitement. They were pretty amazing creatures. Oddly enough, though, when he looked inside the cage, he saw the dragon sitting in the back of the cage, looking almost dejected. Even if he sat on it, he doubted it would move. Instead, he went deeper into the cage and crouched down in front of it, examining it curiously. He reached out one hand and patted it on the nose. "Heeyyy... you alright?" He asked it, though he didn't really know or care if it could understand him.

Freyall.
Watching the humans I soon hear King draw breath as if to speak to me, I turn my head towards him and listen to what the big dragon have to say. He tell me that he agree to work together but that there's a condition to the proposal. The condition is that I am to not hurt the children. Hurting the humans have certainly always been one of the main forms of entertainment during my stay here. But now King intend to rob me of one of my pleasures with something I can only recognize as understanding. He seem to understand these humans and intend for peace with them. However peace is not something I can... Or maybe I do start to understand. I have no clue as to why they have kept me for so long. But at first it was to treat my wounds and of that I am certain. As my wounds had healed, they seemed to keep me here anyway and probably due to my outrages or my attempts to escape. It might be so that they simply kept me here to prevent me to destroy them, and in that case it would be my fault for not being let out as I'm a danger to them.

Sighing I nod once "I suppose I can agree to these terms, but all of those humans are children. I believe you said that you would not allow them to ride you?... And Surely you realize that its exactly what they intend to do?" I reply just before I take in new fresh air and continue "I don't know why they have kept me for so long. But I do believe I have been too dangerous to just let loose. I have never show submission to their kind nor have I ever had any intent of doing so. " I reply and look down towards the floor. "However, I cannot promise that I won't hurt them by mistake... Humans are such fragile creatures, and I do have my rules. The humans do not understand our language very well. And the humans have in my experience proven to be hurt easily. " I say, Then I wonder what he intend to respond. As I wait, I watch the first dragon and rider pair of this season get to work.

Devour sat at the forefront of their cage. He peered out to watch what was going on as best he could. He could hear one of the cages had opened, "I wonder who it is? Oh well. I had best just wait and watch." Pulling away from the front, Devour sat down in the middle of the cage, awaiting when his human may appear.

The boy smiled with his arms crossed and his bow over his chest and back, his light blonde hair going down on his forehead to his eyebrow. The boy gave a short smile raising his dimple, then lowering it quickly. "I know right, i find my favorite would be a Skrill but a Night Fury is also amazing but a Skrill is more awesome in my book" He noticed Ever getting closer and closer to the cage door which got him a bit worried that the dragon would shoot a blast at her. "Uh Ever i would step away from that thing if i were you"

The dragon watched as the human known as Siggy approached, he gave daggers to Siggy. Renegade hated getting touched and being social, he would snap at one of the dragons if it made fun of him. Renegade growled at him when he approached, lowering it's head from his attitude. Renegade snapped when he touched his nose, he snapped his head as he touched him then pulled back and hit the boy with his head making the boy hit the wall. (sorry for the little control.)

Ever stopped walking and glanced back at Rory. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it and glanced to the first dragon and rudder pair. The dragon didn't appear that social. She flinched at the sight of the large dragon knocking the human back and made her way back to Rorke's side. The small girl observed the dragon from a distance. "Hmm.. It would be nice to get a Night Fury. Their fast, and I love dragons with speed. Not to mention they look pretty cool, too." She said quietly, not really moving her gaze away from the dragon and rider pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.