How to Train your Dragon~ Riding Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurd Ingersson was not known as a good person. Cheerful? Certainly. Friendly? Oh, sure. Curious? Without a doubt. But a good person? Maybe the opinion of his parents differed from that of people who had ever angered him, but his vicious streak was no trivial matter, and he was not kind without reason. He was staying out of the way of the dragon because he didn't want to get hurt, that was all, but this was quickly boring him. Rather than continue this ridiculous charade, he gave a little snort and left the cage, going up to the teacher. "Hey." He said petulantly. "The dragon's not doing anything, what should I do?" (@Sugar_n_spice ) ((I also replied with Vigge a while ago.))

((@Iatos What you've been waiting for.))

Ylva Falkis was directed towards a cage and she stepped towards it. Her steps were very precise, the hard heels of her long leather boots clicking sharply against the stone floor. Compared to most of the others there, Ylva seemed to be dark. She was dressed in dark clothing and her eyes and hair contrasted her fair skin sharply. Her cold, quiet, private manner clearly made a few of the other students nervous. She had perfect posture, but moved with a smooth, lithe grace. Her expression held a glimmer of curiosity, but that didn't make her feel any more friendly to the others. She knew this about herself perfectly well, but had encouraged it, as she wasn't particularly fond of friendly people.

She stepped up to the dragon, a skrill. From what she had heard, these great beasts could summon lightning from any part of their body. She felt starkly aware that she was only in such current good health because the dragon had decided not to fry her. Funny, she hadn't been the least bit afraid while actually getting so close. The very few strands of her hair that were loose were sticking to her skin, and she knew it had to do with the dragon. The next thing she did might seem a little ludicrous, but she felt she owed it to the dragon. She bowed to it very formally, exhibiting deference most people would not figure her capable of. She didn't know if that would put her in its good graces, but that hadn't been what she had done it for, anyways.

She reached her hand out gently to try touching its nose, but her hand hovered above its snout. For the first time in a long time, uncertainty made itself plain on her face. She wasn't sure what to do, and froze, her hand still hovering above the dragon's nose, waiting for it to either snap her in half like a twig, or definitively decide not to kill her.

Haldor Nederfjord lumbered cheerfully toward the dragon he'd been led to. He stroked his beard, leaving his axe on his back out of habit, forgetting the dragons might not take kindly to it. When he saw the dragon he was approaching had four heads, his mid-scowl expression split into a full smile. "You're a big one, eh? Four heads. You'd be a handful to brawl, I can tell that." He boomed easily, his voice honest and good-natured, as if he really had any sort of thought to brawl with the four-headed dragon just for fun. Despite this seemingly easy-going attitude, he approached with care and respect, not getting too close and showing the dragon that his palms were empty. ((@Nocturne997 This is you, correct?))

Freyall
And so my turn arrived, the doors of my prisson opening allowing me to stretch my wings. However I am not hasty as there really is no rush to get anywhere and I know very well that there's but a bigger cage to keep me contained outside this one. However a most curious creature approach me that is a human. Its a female of their specie by the looks of it but I cannot be completely certain and the human seem to approach me without fear. Breathing calmly as my wings stretch and my eyes focus on this humanoid as she comes closer and closer, I snort and growl lowly but yet don't kill her as I promised King that I would not harm them. I watch the human bow to me in what I believe is respect? and then she raise her hand towards my head which certainly feel very odd in a way. The human scent tell me of no fear, however doubt seem to settle in the being as it try to tuch my nose. Confusion settle and I tilt my head slightly wondering why the human did decide not too, students before this one already tried that and they certainly got numb for a few days after doing something that stupid. However this one seem to want me to choose, will I fry her or not fry her?... considering the possition I could eat her too... it would be too easy, but I know for certain that won't get me anywhere fast. Instead I turn around and snap my tail at the human giving her a small jolt in return, after all I'm not going to just let her do what she want or be as close as she wants to me without knowing her more. I settle back nd observe what the human may do next, fairly amussed so far with this one.​

Devour looked carefully at the man, studying him. Split watched with interest as well, while Crunch and Swallow simply waited for the other two to make a move. Devour motioned and they moved forward slowly, then gently nudging the man in the chest, smelling him to see if he was carrying anything they should be concerned about. After determining he was okay, all of them pulled away with Devour sitting at the forefront of them. Devour sat there, looking the Viking in the eyes.

((@firejay1 Yes, it is me))

((Jeez, dragons are hard to work with, huh? *laughs))

Ylva jumped backwards, naturally graceful and alert in her movement. That got her out of harm's way in time to keep her footing, but not enough to prevent a jolt of electricity from flashing through her body. It appeared the dragon didn't want her anywhere near it. What with its legendary ability, she had no doubt that if she tried even one step onto its back, it would turn her into a pile of ash. That was a dilemma indeed. She had no intention of sitting around like that fool with the bright red hair, so instead, she stood straight and tall, looking at it with her continued lack of fear. She wrapped one hand around her extremely unfashionable double-tied ponytail swinging behind her back, and slid her hand down it, trying to get rid of the static tingling throughw it, even though it had been too restricted to show any visible signs of static. She considered the dragon with eyes that didn't stray from their target, scrutinizing it with fathomless black eyes. What to do.... She didn't have anything to offer it, and wouldn't have given it even if she had. She noticed, however, that she had its attention. It seemed to be looking at her almost with... amusement. There was no other word for it. Very well, if that got its attention, might as well do something crazy, give it something to look at. She took off her small pack, disposed of all of her weapons, outerlayers, and boots, and piled them neatly against the wall. Then, in just her tunic and leggings, she stood in front of it, hands behind her back, and engaged it in a staring contest. It was probably the stupidest thing she'd ever done in her life, and she found she really didn't care.

-------------

Approval blossomed in the burly man's chest. Haldor thumped his chest with his right fist and approached the foremost head. "So you're the big boss?" He asked, still booming. He could tell he had passed some kind of mild test and strode forward a little more confidently, getting closer to the dragon. He tried to not go too fast and startle it, but enthusiasm was overflowing from every pore of his being.

Devour looked on, he backed up slightly when the man approached. giving a signal of "While you may not be bad, I'm not sure of you yet." Split bumped Crunch and Swallow, they came to attention and mockingly mimicked Devour, which was quickly quelled by Split hitting the two over the head with his chin. Devour turned a moment to look at the two, then returned his attention to the man.

((Well, I'm pretty sure we were ordered to not make it easy xD...))

Freyall.

I observe as the Human negates my attack somewhat well, not that it really was an attack it was really more of a swap to show her that I weren't going to fall for all that cuddly stuff. The human didn't say anything at and In my oppinion the silence was great even if slightly curious. Most humans either spoke all the time while almost sounding like babies, and some had even thrown insults at her by now. Yet this human was silent possibly giving her the silent ttreatment. Gruffing and snorting I twist and turn my head a bit to get rid of this stiffness. However something even more curious happens, the human starts shedding?, causing me to stop and observe. I have no clue what ti does but it sure rattle a lot when the human shed parts of itself. And now she stare at me and I find myself as a bit of loss of wat to actually do. Surely I had a lot of things in mind earlier and beliefs of what would transpire yet now I find myself surprised and caught a bit off guard. No human have ever started to just shed like that before, and for a I wonder if it intend to do so further?. I snort and try to repeat what I did before just out of simple curiosity about what the human will do this time, attempting to whack her wit hmy tial and give her another small shock.​

Haldor was liking this four-headed beast even better as he saw them interact. Too bad he had no idea how he was supposed to get it under control. The dragon was obviously not yet comfortable with him, but he wasn't the type to be cowed. He tried not to back it into a corner, but tried moving closer again. "C'mon. I'm not going to hurt you." He gave out another one of his loud, barking laughs. "You think I could beat you with my bare hands against your four heads, eh? Would you like to try?" He foolishly held up his fists to see if they would respond.

--------------

She definitely had its attention now. It was snuffling around, looking actually a little confused, not quite sure what to do with her strange behavior. Unburdened by her previous layers and equipment, Ylva's reactions this time were faster than the last, and she managed to just barely avoid the lightning as well, though again she only jerked backwards. It seemed to be... testing her. It clearly wasn't going to kill her, she wasn't sure why that was, but she did know that if it wanted her dead, she would be dead. It was one thing to dodge a simply aimed single burst, quite another to completely avoid lightning crackling all around her. That last shock had hurt, too. Once she had moved back a little, she stopped moving again, continuing to stare at Freyall unrelentingly. She wasn't giving it the silent treatment, simply saw no purpose in babbling away in front of a creature who likely had no interest in what she was saying. It wasn't in her nature to babble in the first place. What she was doing was daring it to try something else. She'd rather it decide what it wanted from her than sit here whining about its apparent lack of interest in letting her ride it. The stare was a dare. Do something. She blinked steadily, but tried not to break eye contact.

Freyall
The girl dodge me completely this time yet make no effort to approach me or back away from me. She stare at me in a way that makes me feel a bit nervous?. Its unsettling to just be starred at for unknown reasons and I don't know what to do about it. I move my feet and start to circle around the larger room while I observe the human alike a predator observing prey. She don't break eye contact with me and she don't do anything while I'm uncertain how to feel about it. I cannot stand this and as I pace towards the girls shedded skin I break eye contact myself as she certainly seem very disinterested in doing anything. I scavange through what she left and find the humans weapons, and find it odd that she would just leave them behind as most vikings don¨'t ever let go of theirs. However even with my back turned my senses are on alert, yet its with curiosity I just stay there looking away from the human to see what she will do now.​

Ylva didn't particularly like the dragon pilfering through her things, but she had little of any interest in there. Most were simple tools she carried with her everywhere that could easily be made or repaired. Living alone in a forest infested with dragons was no conducive to having many luxuries. The dragon broke eye contact first, which was a bit of a disappointment. Perhaps she wouldn't get along with this one. It seemed a little shifty. Most of the dragons she'd known would have labeled her friend or foe at this point. She saw it pawing at her weapons, but didn't move to retrieve them. Those were hardest to replace, but they were also hardest to break, and would be useless against Freyall in case of an attack. She did move closer though, cautiously and smoothly, but closer. They were going to get nowhere if she didn't get the dragon to do something. She carefully made sure not to touch its skin, having figured out by now that it would give her a nasty shock if she did.

Scar stared out from his cage. He could see a single figure, perhaps a student that was selected to try and befriend him. Depending on how this human acted would greatly determine how the next set of events turn out. Because of his size he could easily over power a single human, especially one smaller than the ones that caught him. But he didn't care much for unneeded violence. And this human might be his only ticket to being able to spread his wings once more. He would have to play nice even if he had to fake it a bit. In this situation he didn't have much of a choice. All he could do was wait until the human managed to trust him enough to open his cage.

nx8jrm.png

Juniper
I take a deep breath as my legs carry to my destination, a dragons cage. The cage of a Stormcutter known as scarscale, the name its self sends shivers up my spine. As I walk I couldn't help it an excited bounce escapes me. I was going to meet my first dragon pair, though I my not get along with this dragon or I may not get picked to be with him, I couldn't contain my excitement. I find myself at the recently opened cage the great dragon inside. I smooth out my tunic and pull my red hair over one shoulder. I set inside ignoring the saddle, the dragon my not like it. I examine the dragon taking carful steps towards it, I take small bow. I had read somewhere that stormcutters, along with most sharp class dragons where very proud. They didn't like not being shown respect, so I would make sure to show this one some.

"Hello" I say cautiously "I'm Juniper"

I take a few steps towards him a small smile across my face. As I looked at him a noticed the small scars and wounds along his body, he was no doubt very strong.

"Your a tuff guy aren't you" I say with a giggle.

I whip some sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand. This was extremely nerve racking but I had to keep my cool. I had to earn the trust of Scar and being a wimp was not the way to do that. I straighten up smiling at him trying to look friendly.
(@Cloudjumper)

35cg8xe.png

Rowan
I rush back over to Vigge dropping the saddle I hold up my hands empty

"Hey, hey it's ok I'm not going to hurt you, I only want to help I can get you out and you can stretch you wings." I say trying to calm her.

I didn't know what else to do I was running out of options and getting no where. I was making no progress with Vigge and the others seemed to be doing fine. I was stuck without and answer or solution, or even the beginnings of one.
(@firejay1)

o7j4pk.png

Calfuray
I brush myself off when the teachers calls my name and announces my temporary dragon. I smile Plasmawrath was her name, a Skrill. Riding such a powerful dragon on my first day would definitely shut my parents up for awhile. Though that was the lest of my worries, and a lot of times I didn't give a crap what my parents thought they couldn't control me even though they kinda did. I just didn't want to admit it. I begin to walk over to the cage it opens with a very unpleasant squeaking like sound. I cringe grinding my teeth slightly waiting for the sound to stop I look inside. I see her, the dragon Firefly she wasn't huge Skrills normally weren't. Though she was much bigger than me, about the size of a Deadly Nadder. I reach for the saddle but think better of it, and pull my hand away before touching the thick leather. I set inside gingerly trying not to disturb or startle her.

"Hello" I say calmly.

I wanted to make my presence known even though she had probably already seen me. I smile Bowing my head to the dragon in an act of respect. I wait to see if Firefly might gives a chance.
(@ResolverOshawott)

2dkffom.png

Star Dancer
I hesitate looking at the human cautiously taking in her words. Maybe I could give this human a chance it wouldn't hurt, would it? There was nothing bad she could do and it was pretty clear she didn't want to hurt me. Letting out a sigh I quickly touch my nose to her out stretched hand, to show my acceptance even though I pull away quite fast. There was nothing that bad that could come out of me coming with her, if it ment I could fly.
(@ResolverOshawott)

Last edited by a moderator:
Scar looked at Juniper slightly tilting his head as he stood there clearly outmatching her in height.. "Juniper...a strange name you bear human. Though I suppose the one given to me doesn't suffice as better. And I suppose you could say I am one of the tougher dragons, however my broken crown and poor decisions still shows I am still outmatched to being anything to be feared." He said clearly showing no emotion towards Juniper. His voice had a slight boom to it clearly showing he was still capable of showing authority even in his situation. He didn't want to be hard to get along with, but he didn't want his pride to be struck down because he was commanded by a human as it went against his nature.

Devour listened to the human speak, then something went wrong. The man lifted his fists, a bad idea. Suddenly, All four heads were hit with a surge of adrenaline and hunter instinct. The normally wide pupils of the Snaptrapper became thin slits. Devour and the other three roared and widened out their wings slowly approaching the human. The split lower jaw of all the heads shown their many teeth and venom dripped from their fangs.

Last edited by a moderator:
nx8jrm.png

Juniper
I smile at him even though I could not speck or understand dragon I could tell he was wise, though his tone couvade no emotion. I could understand that he barely knew who I was though he was expected to show me kindness, after all that humans had done to him. His reaction was justified and I respected him for it, though I was extremely thankful he didn't burn me to a crisp.

"I don't want to command you Scar, I want to be equal with you. I want to be friends if that's possible, I just hope you can understand me so I'm not talking to myself here." I say with a slight giggle at the end.

I just hoped I would have some better luck today then others were having. Scar seemed calm unlike many of the other dragons. So hopefully this would be easier, and I hope to gods safer then it sounds.

Scar looked a bit surprised at the human tilting his head slightly further. He then straightened his head and slightly lowered it closing his eyes deep in thought. Was she merely faking her tone or does she truly mean what she says. If she was being truthful he could explore the lands like he did before he was captured. But if she was false than he would be trapped with her. While he knows he could easily over power her and escape, he would either end up in a cage or possibly even dead before he could escape the rest of the vikings. He had learned well enough to make the best out of situations no matter how bad they got. This just seemed to be another scenario he would have to work with. He finally opened his eyes and stared at Juniper before putting one of his winged claws on the door asking for her to open it. If this were to make them equal, then perhaps he would not have to worry about losing his pride by submitting to a human. As much as it pained him he would give in this one time though he'd much rather have the rest of the left side of his crown broken off, he felt that pain would be easier to bear. Hopefully it would subside soon.

Freyall
While checking out the objects the human had left behind I notice that it move closer to me. I stop to glance back to see what the human were doing but it didn't seem to try to touch me while I have my back turned. I ignore it for a bit throught and pick out one of the hatchets from the bag, it seems harp enough to do something. Then I slowly turn around as to not accidentally crush the human before throwing the hatched close to her with a soft twitch of my head. I frown and distance myself by pacing around the human and then cirkling around I lower my head and growl at her. Yet Im curious about how she Will react. Perhaps if she can treat me correctly I may be able to use her for further tests.​

Greg had just arrived from the boats, they were running late today so she was even later for her first day. Her brothers told her so many stories about their stay at the school and it was the greatest times of their lives. Greg ran up to a women who looked like what the youngest of her brothers said the headmistress talked about. There was a boy there too 'Guess he's late too' , Greg than walked over to the two of them and waved.
"Hello, are you the headmistress? My name is Greg, sorry 'bout being late, the boat faced some bad weather on the way here. So which way to our class ma'ma?" Greg may have been a little rude, but she wanted to get started right away and didn't want to waste too much time.

"Well miss 'Greg' I was about to tell this young man where to go as well, so you have go timing for being late. The rest of your class are meeting the dragons as we speak, so go down that hall and take a turn and you'll be there. I hope in the future both of you well be mindful of the time, hope you have a good first day." With the tall women left the students to get some work done. With the way the women spoke it sent a chill down Greg's spine, she didn't want to cross that women any time soon. Turning to the boy, Greg sighed.
"Well we sure made a good first impression on her yeah? Names Greg, whats yours?"

(Was that controlling? I mean the teachers are NPCs but I don't normally control them)

The response Sigurd receieved was nothing more than a grunt and a "figure it out yourself." The teacher was a bit distracted at the moment. That was an extremely unsatisfying response, but he want back to the dragon. This time, he went up really close to it with the saddle in hand. "Hey." He warned it beforehand, I'm going to try riding you, okay? I'm not patient." He said, very cheerfully. Cautiously, trying to gauge its reaction, he gently placed the saddle on its back. He didn't want to tie the straps yet, acutely aware that it could get mad and just decide to eat him. (@Foxtrot)

----------------------

Vigge took one look at the human speaking to her and felt an intense hatred well up in her for this little two-legged pipsqueak who was trying to calm her down. What right did he have to even come close to her? Going right up in his face, she gave a scream of rage loud enough to temporarily deafen him and was about to let loose a burst of flame, but one of the larger humans suddenly sent a noose around her neck and sent it slamming painfully into the wall. It was the teacher. As much as he joked, he couldn't have anyone actually die in here. A whimper of pain escaped her involuntarily as she shook her head to get her vision to straighten again. "Go on, boy!" The teacher roared at Rowan, yanking the dragon back towards the cage. She thrashed, narrowly missing squashing a student, her claws dug into the ground and screeched against the stone as she was hauled back into captivity. "Doesn't look like this one is tamable yet!" Under his breath, he muttered, "I told her it wouldn't work with one this fresh." (@Sugar_n_spice) ((Sorry about making her so difficult...))

---------------------

Haldor's eyes widened and he dropped his fists. "Hey, calm down there, big fellow." He said, his voice more wary. He really shouldn't have done something so stupid, it was just something he would've done with a non-responsive person. He'd forgotten himself in his enthusiasm. He held up his hands reassuringly, again, but backed up and got ready to dodge - or maybe throw a punch - if the heads decided to strike. "It was just some good-humor. Sorry if I scared you." The apology was spoken with true remorse, despite the casual way he'd said it. He truly didn't want to scare the dragon, it was probably scared enough, being locked in a cage for who knows how long. (@Nocturne997)

---------------------

Ylva kept her eyes carefully on this Freyall, watching it warily for any sudden moves. It seemed that was the right decision, as she yanked her body out of the way of the flung hatchet. She didn't have time to do more than that, though, because the dragon followed it up by circling her and growling. She was no longer sure it was not going to kill her. It looked pretty ready to do just that. She supposed it had only been a matter of time. With the amount of time she'd spent letting dragons roam around her house, she'd been flirting with death for some time. She stood very still and looked straight at the dragon again. If it was going to kill her, it had better get it over with. She took a calming breath, though adrenaline was speeding through her veins, and closed her eyes, reconciling herself to her fate. She refused to pick up the hatchet. She'd never killed a dragon before, and wasn't about to now. Besides, it would kill her whether or not she fought it. Fighting would barely prolong her life a few minutes. (@Iatos)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.