How bout a twist on Zombies? (Need Co-GM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kuroko-

Playful Tyrant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Medieval, Modern Fantasy, Romance, Yaoi, Post Apocalyptic, Apocalypse, Magical, Horror.
Type of Roleplay: Zombies, Apocalypse, fantasy, future, drama, violence, romance, gore
Inspiration: Resident Evil, Zombie Survival Guide, Left for Dead
Creator/MOD HopeRazgriz

The year is 2059 a dangerous pathogen known as "Vrykolas-Romero Virus" (VRV) Began infecting humans throughout the eastern side of North America approximately six months ago. The VRV is unlike any other virus humankind has ever seen before. The initial strain of the virus was to cure all deadly diseases; it was supposed to be the next big thing! The cure for all cures! It was totally ambitious and dangerous; they knew it had complications, but how bad they did not realize. The VRV mutated in its hosts killing them after two weeks of exposure, sometimes faster depending on the individual person. After death it could take several minutes or even hours for the corpse to reanimate itself, these reanimated corpses have collected quite a few nicknames. "Walkers," "Walking dead," "Z's," and many others. These creatures only know one thing. The need to feed.

Since the appearance of these "Zombies" worldwide panic was quick to ensue, the larger cities taking the fall first. The Americans were blamed, since they are the ones who engineered the virus, and left to their own devices while the other countries fended for themselves. A group of close knit scientists and some Government officials locked themselves away in their own private bunker to attempt to cure this virus. Whether they are still in activity the rest of the country does not know.

As for the survivors they have made their own discoveries about the undead that the scientists never predicted.

Some never stopped mutating.

The mutations ranged from pack like hunting techniques. Some were so fast, the likelihood of you getting away were so slim it hurt. There were some who retained some of their intelligence, preferring to become an Alpha. Then there were the "Beasts", the animals that contracted the VRV. Depending on the species that contracted it depended on the mutations that it took on. Most of the animals died off in response to the mutations, their bodies unable to handle it even in their undead state. Most animals developed "mole" like senses, losing all ability to see at all. Most of them also do not come out during the day, as the sun severely damages their body beyond what already has been done by the virus. All "Beasts'' are found under the command of an Alpha. There are those who are known as "False-Carriers" These people are believed to be just like Carriers, but unfortunately their "Immunity" is temporary. False-Carriers are ones who are most likely to turn into Alphas or some other mutated creature.

There are those who are somehow immune to the VRV and thus become "Carriers." Because they can still infect other people, only by coming in contact with their blood or saliva, a lot of the other survivors will try to kill them. Some feel they should be able to survive just like everyone else.

Now here is where the survivor comes into play. Some survivors managed to escape the initial outbreak, whether by sheer luck and determination or because they simply had the skills for it. They could have been a part of an evacuation group or thought that it would be better to escape on their own or with someone else and staying away from large groups. They all have heard of a so called "Safe-haven" for all those that have survived. It was ironic too that it was called "Heaven." There are other safe places as well, but "Heaven" is the most significant one. Survivors could either be searching for "Heaven", searching for one of the other safe places, or they want to stay as far away from it as possible.

Where will you be? Where will you go? What will you do? Who will you be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in need of a Co-GM if this kicks off well enough and I see how many people are interested. Do not be afraid to ask questions either. In fact I would encourage them.
I would like it if I had some one with some GM experience to help me with this.

Last edited:
I guess to start, here's a few questions;

1.) Would characters have the option to pick between being Carriers, Regulars or Immune? (Left out False Carriers since if you make a character that you're pretty much guaranteeing they'll die at some point). Or, alternatively, would that be something the GM/Co-GMs take care of?

2.) Whereabouts would this be taking place? You referenced how America was to blame and as such, was abandoned by other countries (although with North America there's always a possibility of going to Canada), but did you have a specific State/City in mind for the starting point?

3.) How are we going about dealing with character death? Is it situational or would it be more akin to random selection (pick a number/short straw) or character choice (ie. sacrificing oneself so the group can live)?

4.) As a Co-GM, what might some of the responsibilities be? Same as yourself or altered? I'm only asking since I was thinking of doing a Zombie RP in the past and this seems like a cool opportunity to get in on one early, but I'm just curious about the position responsibilities before I take it.

But overall I'm pretty interested in this, just have a few questions is all ^^

@mr_pibbs

1. I think I want to leave that up to the GMs, simply because there would probably be lot of people who would want to be that special person who is immune or a carrier and what not.

2. The whereabouts I'd actually like to plan out with a Co-GM ,as I have used this plot on other sites and its turned out well, and it has been placed in many different settings/states.

3. I think I would rather have it situational or character choice. I don't like forcing people to kill their characters off. I will say Character deaths are encouraged though.

4. Co-GM would have an equal amount of power as I would have. If they were unsure of what I think would be alright they need not be afraid to ask. The Co-GM would be responsible for helping me plan on big twists or plot changes, or co-approving/disapproving a players idea for a twist or a characters death.

An option will be for player to play as Alpha's as well, not just survivors, but I would require a much stricter approval for any Alpha applications.

All that sounds good to me, don't really have much to add on there since most of it seems to require a Co-GM, haha.

Well if you need somebody to help out, I'd be more than happy to take the role ^^

• Love
Reactions: -Kuroko-
Seems interesting! :D

• Love
@mr_pibbs awesome~ I think it best we start planning. Since there are a few interested in this already.

@-Kuroko-, Sure thing, we should take this to PMs for the time being

Reactions: Galaxi
I shall toss me hat into this! This will be an exciting one I can see

• Love
@Furasian We would be happy to have you along. :D

I'd be willing to try this one out again. Sounds fun, count me in!

• Love
Reactions: Pysren and noodle
Alrighty. I might recycle that one character I had or make another one!

Reactions: Pysren and noodle
@Furasian @Alexstrasza @Nicole Birdy @MisterJ @neobendium

I know some of you are from the old thread and I greatly appreciate your continued interest. If you guys have any suggestion I will be glad to hear them out. I am definitely going to have this much more organized and have more information when it comes to Alphas, Carriers, False-Carriers, and the beasts. So maybe more will be interested in playing as an Alpha. I realized last time that maybe people did not want to play an Alpha because they did not have enough information on them to make one.

I don't want to make planning exclusive to me and @mr_pibbs , because ideas from others are always welcome.

If you guys are tired of me pinging so much, sorry, I like being able to talk to everyone at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.