• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Like Mama Used to Make"

Dear Journal,

I see him when I sleep. He hovers there, haunting and hateful as glares. He wants me, he wants inside and around me.

I had a knock on the door. It was Mr. C. He didn't not enter, but he goes where he pleases. Jack confronted him, and his so-called precious little girl was not happy, but they could not stop him. He Just looked me in the eyes and told me it was almost time.

It felt like forever as we watched each other. I felt death a thousand times in a second. The next day I slept all day and cried.

Something is being planned. Someone wants to take advantage of this horrible mess.

Things fall apart, that's a fact of life. I feel like I'm falling apart, and I might already be broken. I tried to work things out, to be strong for the girl. But after months of trying... the girl needs help. Zoe warned me.

I can't help her. Not by myself. She tricked me and...

She's here.

At a time in the present...

In the minutes following Makoto and Shane's death, Bullet handed the gun she had taken off to Nancy. "I think you'd be a lot better with this," she told the other girl, her hand lingering. "I... don't even know how many shots are left."

When Lucas finally unlocked the door, Bullet shot toward it, opening and running out into the backyard. The area was dimly lit, with only a trailer in the middle of the yard and a door to a building to the side of the house illuminated.

fXnId1p.jpg

"Zoe!" Bullet yelled, making a run for the trailer. She threw open the door and hopped inside, only to come out a few second later looking defeated.

Lucas laughed over intercom that sounded around the yard. "Y'really think I was jus' lettin' Zoe hang out in her little fortress all night? Hell no! Thing is, when I said I took her out, I meant it!" Bullet started to tell Lucas off, but talked over her. "Now, now, settle down. She ain't dead! Kind of a hassle to kill one of us now, considerin' the gift and all. Dunno why she'd want it gone, when I totally would have killed her by now if not for it."

Bullet looked to around to see people like Teddy and Owen giving her strange looks. She sighed. "Fuck... Okay. I've been here for a few days. Zoe contacted me using the phone lines in the house, asking me to help her make some kind of serum. The crazy fucking people here... they're infected with something. That's this... gift, or whatever the hell Lucas keeps going on about. I was in the middle of helping Zoe out when I got caught up in this sick game."

"Wait a second... that could be exactly what the Scarlet Witch needs to be brought back to normal," Teddy said.

"Well, that's going to be a problem," Lucas interrupted. "Like I said, I ain't a big fan of turning back the clock. I'm not letting y'all create your damn serum willy nilly. I took what Zoe was looking for myself, so none of you can have it! ... Buuuut... maybe that could be the prize at the end of our little outing. Think about it, you need to come to me for the serum, you kind of have an even better reason to play."

Teddy and Bullet exchanged looks. What was there to say to that? If anything, Lucas just gave them a real goal in all this. "What do we do now?" Teddy asked.

"Never thought you'd ask! Y'see, mom was meddlin' into my shit and took one of the keys you need to go forward. Guess she caught on and wanted to draw you guys in. You're gonna have to go to the greenhouse and confront her if you want that key back! I suggest you get ready, 'cause momma ain't fuckin' around. I'm sure Zoe's got some shit in her trailer you can use."

Indeed, there was a case that could be unlocked with coins.

At a time in the beyond...

Before T'Challa could respond he heard another familiar voice coming from the entrance of the throne room. "Queen Ororo said you were here, I just had to see it for myself."

B7Lg2Fa.jpg

In front of T'Challa stood Shuri, his sister. No mantle of the Black Panther having been pushed upon her, nor the title of Queen. Her death when the Black Order attacked… and her resurrection afterwards.

"Sister…" Shuri looked a bit surprised when T'Challa came up to her.

"You know you can call me Shuri, don't you, brother?" she teased, elbowing him jokingly in the abdomen. It was then that Noembelu started her ruckus with Toffee, gathering attention from Shuri. She narrowed her eyes on them. "Brother, do tell your company not to be so rowdy here."

"I... Yes, of course, Shuri." He wavered slightly on his feet, at a loss for what to do. He weakly waved the others off. "I, ah... I'm sorry about them. It is a pleasant sight to see you so… cheerful."

Shuri's eyes narrowed as she looked at her big brother. "Did you stop using that costume due it stopping oxygen from reaching your brain? Because you are acting very weird right now."

He chuckled softly in response. "Perhaps so. Everything is just… perfect. Our guests are waiting for dinner, I hope you have time to join us."

"Of course! Talking to people from other universes isn't something I usually do! At least not after the peace when everything got so… boring."

Hearing both Ororo and Shuri saying that told him how well the illusion was created. He took his sister into a hug. "I will join you at the table in a bit. I need to explain some of our customs to our guests before we join you."

"Sure, I'm looking forward to speaking with you all!" With a wave, Shuri left, leaving them alone once more.

It would be so easy for T'Challa to cast their mission aside and let the illusion take over. A world of peace, Ororo by his side and a sister that never had to live through all that misery and despair. Did he not deserve it? He had caused so much misery in his life among his deeds of heroism, why not just let all those sins wash away?

"No." He had to verbally reject the notion. "I will not let my dreams entrap all of you." He wasn't alone in this, there were people counting on him to lead them to safety. "We are leaving. I apologize that you did not have the possibility to savor Wakandan cuisine." But how? Billy had to be awaken for the illusion to break. T'Challa knew this wasn't real. Then how do you get free? T'Challa literally grabbed unto thin air. "This cage will no longer hold us." With a rip, he'd break through the illusion revealing a blinding whiteness on the other side of the tear.

"Woah, expect Black Panther to just rip us out!" Billy exclaimed in surprise. Whatever the reason, the illusion had failed, and now the group was being enveloped in that usual, bright light...

As Black Panther's dream ended, once again the group were in the red room. Surprisingly, Wanda stood before them, looking slightly ashamed. She gestured to two men sitting in chairs.

rE2lhHY.jpg

"I've seen you've all met MIKE and his arm. You must be awfully mad at me, I assume."

Josephine shook her head as she stood next to Kilm. "Wanda, while I for one can not speak on everyone's behalf, I think people are just... bewildered, to put it mildly. We want to know what's going on."

The witch frowned as she wrapped herself in her cloak. "Unfortunately, I can't tell you everything. I am not allowed. I am here, but I am not here. You see, right now you're caught between two planes. The White Lodge, and the Black Lodge. One is a part of the dark place, while the other is intrinsically linked to it."

The witch's hand motioned around, showing off a ring.
B1gf1cD.jpg

"MIKE and the arm will be more help to you all, right now. I know they're like a puzzle, but a straight line is rarely the best way. However, if you have questions for me, now is the time. I will answer you if I am allowed."

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Klein Ullyr Green [OC]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]
"Who are you again?" Toffee asked, as he wasn't really present when he appeared earlier.

@Atomyk @Josh M @afterlife
@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
@Afterlife

It appeared that T'Challa was more than capable of handling his own illusion. That was a relief...and also a shame, since a small part of Noembelu did want to see Toffee get his.

But now they were back in that red room, Wanda before them. The question she wanted answered more than anything left her lips before she could really try to figure out these lodges or MIKE.

"Where's Edmond?"
captur333333e-png.143040

Adam had followed the group in silence, appreciating the beauty of Wakanda but resenting that this was all just an illusion to keep them trapped. His eyes narrowed as he watched the interactions quietly, deciding to keep his actions to a minimum for now. He would not join the little charade that the others had gotten themselves into, content with taking a backseat for most of it.

Once the dream had faded, Adam glared at the sight of Wanda, his gaze focused solely on her. Having blamed her for most of what had come to pass, he did not trust her at this moment, but that would not stop him from voicing his curiosity. "How do I get my powers back?" Adam asked, his voice tense. "And how do we leave this wretched place?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
@Afterlife
Mason thought for a moment about what he could possibly ask. The questions he truly wanted answers to could probably not be answered by Wanda because of whatever circumstances surrounded her. He wanted to know how to escape and how to get powers back, but Adam had already asked that.

Mason, a little apprehensive, asked three questions. "I know three might be a bit much, but... Which Lodge is the one in the dark place? Which Lodge are our allies in? And one last thing... How is my brother?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @York @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Mason Moretti @Afterlife​
"He is dead and I am the one who killed him."

Wanda's words were like a shotgun blast as the which sighed.

"I understand that this will anger you, but If it brings you any comfort I hate myself more than you ever could."

Wanda's eyes met with Adam's as she looked for the right words. She was clearly trying to help, in her own way.
"I do not no, and I don't know. Believe me, I want to help. I need to be stopped. I don't want to be that.......thing anymore."

The witch's face spoke volumes. She was too nice to say anything, but a look of befuddlement was clear

tumblr_o9whffxhog1twi2hjo1_500.png

"The dark place has connection with the black lodge of course. As for your brother? Sadly I don't know."

The old witch chuckled softly,smirking in response to the boy, her own sense off dark humor showing.​

"Madame? Do I look like a woman who run a whorehouse? Or are you just calling me that because I look older than dirt, because I am older than dirt."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
@Afterlife

Honestly, Noembelu knew the answer. She did. All the clues were there to prove it. But that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

A cold, numbing feeling overtook her, as if she had been taken out of the cold into a warm place and realized just how cold she was. She couldn't feel herself shaking, or anything, really. Wanda said she would be angry-she wasn't. She wasn't sad, either.

All she was...was cold.

"...why...?" It was soft, quiet, but Noembelu said it a bit louder. "Why...why did you do it?"
Adam seemed to not care much for the other's personal questions, his ears only trying to pick up what he deemed was useful. He was a bit irked by the answers he was given but if she did not know than he would not ask again, her tone seemed genuine enough to him. "Very well, I will choose to believe you. I have another question." His eyes tensed with determination, ready to act if need be. "What is it that must be done?" His words were simple but carried with it a strong sense of urgency.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
@Afterlife @Josh M
Toffee almost took pleasure in finding out about Honda's death, but just remained silent until another question rang in his mind. A rather important one, at that.

"When will we get our powers back?" He asked simply. Without his regeneration abilities, Toffee was just as vulnerable as the average man. And that wasn't good.

@Josh M @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Jeremi @afterlife
Wanda's body froze and she slightly turned away from the group. Walking a few steps away, she turned back.

"She took over me. She's all over me, like a tumor. Honda was... Never mind. It's my fault."

Wanda shook her head.

"Honda was a great man and a better friend. I remember when she let go of me after the... act. I took a shower. So much blood."

Wanda looked down.

"The same with Ruby. I made that poor girl suffer to her last breath. Her gasping..."

Wanda again tightened her cloak as she looked away.

"Yet both of their last words were ones of support, even as I... god."

"You need to stop me, no matter what. My memory, it's fuzzy, it's like a puzzle missing pieces. I wish I could help out more. For right now, you have to have patience."

As Toffee spoke, Wanda winced with anger as she turned towards the monster.

"For you? Hopefully never."

@Afterlife​
@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva@Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
@Afterlife

His last words were of support? That actually made Noembelu smile a bit. "Sounds like him," she said. The grief was going to hit her later, it seemed. She wasn't looking forward to it. Crying here was bad enough, but it would be even worse when regular life had to go on. But right now, she needed to be Noembelu more than ever: strong, careful, and determined to get the job done.

"Is 'she' the Wanda that takes over? How do we stop her?" She refused to refer to the other Wanda as Wanda herself. As far as Noembelu was concerned, Wanda was possessed. She didn't want to believe that Wanda herself was capable of anything truly evil.​
tumblr_oii5r6sGKQ1v3qowuo8_100.png

❝ ... Do you think that you'll be free? If we stop her... ❞

Kiyo had the thought to ask this, seeing that Wanda was answering their questions. At this time, it appeared that she was telling the truth to the best of her ability.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva@Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Takumi
@Afterlife
T'Challa listens to the questions being answered pondering his own choice. "What makes this possession special from the others?" He finally asks her. "You say she is like a tumor, but what is she really? A manifestation of this place? Or someone unaffiliated with the Black Lodge?"​

"It's not possession, not the standard kind, She's like an infection. One minute, I'm fine, next moments, what I am is not there and she's using me. Like a puppet. I fell like one of my Uncle Django's puppets."

Wanda slightly step to her old teammate.

"I never want this, T'Challa. She was just a little girl. I thought I could help, she need someone, I thought. I was sure all she need was love. By the time I saw the truth, it was too late."

The witch's knee's buckled. Tears fell as she tried taking control.

"Billy and tommy, you and Steve, everyone. I failed all of you. Pietro was right, it seems. I was always too slow. "

@Afterlife

@Afterlife

"You haven't failed anyone." That was something Noembelu truly believed. Wanda was a good person. You could tell just by how much she regretted all of this. Puppets, dolls...if anything, Noembelu could sympathize. "All we want to do is help." Except Toffee, obviously. "Edmond did too. So did Ruby. She killed them, not you. She took advantage. Whoever she is..."

She paused, unsure if she believed her own speech. No matter what, here in this place, there was always a Lucas or a Mother to make life Hell. And if she was able to kill and cause all this, if she were powerful enough to infect Wanda...could they even hope to win?

"Whoever she is...we will stop her. For Edmond. For you."
Teddy moved to follow those already heading toward the greenhouse. He opened the trailer door and asked Leon, "You sure? Did you pick up any kind of weapon along the way?"

"You know, I think Zoe mentioned something about hiding those coins around the house," Bullet said. "Maybe Lucas confiscated most of them..."

There was a single coin on the table that, when inserted into the case, unlocked it. Inside was a metallic case tucked into a corner compartment. Further compartments looked locked with other coin-based locks.

"What's inside?" Bullet asked.

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @Jeremi @The Batter @Trailer

Billy was at a total loss here. Here was Wanda Maximoff, a woman he admired so much, reduced to such dire straights. He wished this could be the first time he'd seen her like this either. Whatever had infected her likely had done the same to "Daddy" and the other members. How could one being do all this?

FEYNMd9.png

"Wanda..." he started, his voice low. He closed his eyes and shook his head. "Mom, you know I knew it wasn't you. Even when I knew you just as an Avenger, I would never have thought you capable of any of this. This is not you, and it never will be." He pointed to himself. "Dead or not dead, it's our job to figure this out. No one else can do it. We will save you."

He stepped forward to take her hand.

"You said this was a little girl. What's the connection between her and the family? Do you know if there's any connection between her and... Mother? I told you about Mother, after my friends and I defeated her."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @York @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Afterlife
"Why so rude, Ms. Maximoff?" Toffee said with the slightest hint of sarcasm that was hard to pick up, but it was still there for anyone who was paying close enough attention.

3TGls.jpg

"Ah yes, and while you're here and not that, shall we say, doubleganger, I would like to thank you for helping me with the magic issue back on Mewni. You certainly helped me a lot." Toffee said with a grin.

Toffee's grin immediately faded when Billy spoke up, however. Although he didn't show it, all this optimism made Toffee sick to his stomach. Not because they were in a cheery mood or that they were trying to cheer up their friend, but rather because of the fact that Wanda had wasted his time.

To Toffee, this was all nothing more than a hinderance in his plans. An annoyance. Even if he had to brutally murder everyone here, Toffee would find his way back to Mewni and exact his revenge on the Butterfly monarch, and get his finger back. He didn't care if Wanda got better. He didn't car either off Billy ever saw the real Teddy or Tommy again.

And if people like Noembelu prove for to be more than a nuisance, then he wouldn't hesitate in ending their life.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @afterlife

Amir quietly placed a comforting hand on Noembelu's shoulder momentarily.

"Noembelu and Billy are right, we'll do all that we can Wanda." she spoke up after being quiet for some time.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife
Staying behind, the initial group could only hear the sounds of whatever was going on deeper in the warehouse. Agatha turned her head slightly and said, "There is another sound back where we came."

The old woman took a few steps back so the others could see the entrance. It was clear something had gone wrong, for now, some kind of substance coated the exit door. It didn't look possible to open now, meaning no one could go back.

Noot Noot, having gone back to the previous group, began to hop up and down. When the others looked, they would see that he was stomping on an insect horde that was gathering around their feet.

@The Batter @Krieg @Otto @Glostechk

Phil arrived in time to take out the final bug, proving that they probably weren't as dangerous as they appeared. A crashing noise could be heard from the floor above, causing Owen to look up in worry. "There's some bullshit going on upstairs," he said quietly.

He looked around, spotting a nearby metal cabinet and a lawnmower. He made a move for it. "There might be stuff in these shelves we can use-- Agh!!"

Owen fell backward as a horde of spiders burst forth from the cabinet, latching on to him and crawling all over him. The boy screamed in fear as he tried to ineffectually swat at them.

@Leon Moretti @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9

"Do you... want your gun back?" Bullet asked, but considering the situation, Bullet wasn't sure if she wanted to even hand it back.

"Come on now..." whispered the woman from somewhere above. "We're going to settle this, dears."

Bullet searched for a sound with Klein while Teddy continued his search of the shelves. "A medical kit...?" he whispered, finding some kind of herbal medicine set. The contents seemed largely empty, but there was a guide book on herbs that could be made into medicine.

Mrs. Baker went silent for a time. All that could be heard was a strange gasping noise, accompanied by a wet smacking sound...

@ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Kaykay

@Greenhouse

Fate or not fate, Wanda had little to say to Toffee.

Suddenly, Wanda began to fade in and out, as if she was disappearing from existence. She nodded her head resolutely.

"It's almost time for me to go. There's one last thing I am capable of explaining. The girl who has me in her grasp, her name is Eveline. Perhaps she is still just a lonely girl at heart, for those in her grasp become a part of her family. It's everything to her, and she is constantly looking for more to add. That is why I..." The witch looked away, a pained look on her face. "I know you have faced illusions. That is my power. The other me, like Eveline, values family. That's what these illusions are, a demented desire to give one the perfect family."

Billy nodded, understanding. "If one could control you, it wouldn't be impossible."

"But my mind is fractured, and so are these illusions. When they break, they are prone to conjure unhappy illusions instead. You must be very careful, for in the dark place... illusion can be made real."

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Afterlife
"Then this BOB entity needs to be taken care of as well," T'Challa responded in a matter of fact tone. "As you say all of it is connected. That means it lays on us to find the thread holding it all together and make it all unravel."​

"As some of us has found out all to well.." T'Challa sounded grim as he spoke thinking back to all the illusions they had already faced. Scenes of happiness perverted so that they would be rendered complacent. "Dreams are to strive for, not to shackle us inside our own minds. We will rescue you Wanda and see this nightmare come to an end. This Eveline you mentioned could you possibly describe her to us? He hoped she had the power to give them one more hand before she disappeared completely.​

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Afterlife

BOB...Eveline...Noembelu went over the two names in her mind, over and over. The two entities in the way of freeing everyone. The two that needed to be stopped, no matter what. "Happy, sad, whatever illusions come our way, we will stop them." Crossing her arms, Noembelu nodded to Wanda. "The only thing breaking here will be their power over you. This ends now."
tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo9_100.png

We'll break these illusions, they aren't a way of living life that I would approve of... We'll end it all. ❞

Kiyohime knew that these types of illusions aren't exactly the things she would like to let slide past her. These illusions weren't true, fabricated by the perfection that their thoughts formulate. Later on, those illusions would be worked up to be reality, but not in this fashion. Instant perfect illusions were much like lies, and she wanted those lies to be gone. So... that was her definite goal on dealing with BOB and Eveline, it had to end.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark
@Afterlife
As Wanda faded away more and more, a white light started to shine from behind her. She shook her head at Toffee. "That's not about him."

"That's about what's around him," said MIKE.

"He is wrapped in darkness. In despair. In malevolence."

"Whatever is done, it must be quick. It must be thorough."

"It must be--"

Wanda faded away, and the light enveloped all once again.

When the light abated, the group was now standing in a deserted city street under daylight. A quick look around made it clear it was a Japanese city of some kind, judging by the Japanese text present on signs and billboards.

Inexplicably, Marcus was missing, evidently lost between shifts.

"Another illusion?" Billy asked, turning to look down both ends of the street. In each direction were abandoned cars with not a soul in sight.

Klim had finally come conscious, his eyes opening as he took two stumbling steps away from Josephine. "This... isn't right. What year is it...?"

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife
@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

So, in order to defeat this BOB, they would need to take advantage of an opening? Noembelu didn't really get what MIKE and Wanda meant, but maybe she could figure it out when the time was right. Either way, they made it somewhere new...or were they? She recognized the Japanese from her month in Tokyo, but...hmm. "You know this place?" She asked Klim.​
"N-No..." Klim shook his head. "No, I don't. It's just-- I shouldn't be here."

The man whipped his head around. "Phi?! Akane! Anyone?!"

Klim took a few steps down the road in panic, stopping short as he looked at the bleak road ahead. He shook his head in defeat, looking like he'd taken a blow to the gut.

Meanwhile, a lone figure was approaching from the opposite direction. He appeared to be a man in a dark cloak with a rifle strapped to his back. He had spotted the group but was not turning away.

Well, at least Klim seemed to know who he was now...maybe. The new arrival, however, set Noembelu on alert. Standing in front of Amir as if to shield her, she watched quietly. Even without her hatchets, she could put up a fight. But with any luck this stranger wasn't an enemy.​
The insects seemed to carry the intent to threaten the group as if being controlled by something or someone. Groups of them were crushed by Shen's attack, though the survivors leaped off the walls to crawl on the group. Whatever kind of insect they happened to be, they bit with ferocious intensity, enough for Lucas to apparently count the attacks as hits to everyone's HP.

Noot Noot stomped with all his might, while Agatha retreated further. The penguin crowded around Six to spare the girl the most discomfort.

Soon, eventually, the insect horde seemed to be thinning, but it was not enough to fend them off entirely. They would probably keep coming as long as their master remained alive to control them.

@Krieg @Otto @Glostechk

With Phil's help, Owen quickly backed off as The Batter let loose on the spiders. The fire truly routed them, virtually cleaning the cabinet of their presence.

The metal was still hot to touch, so Owen opened the cabinet doors fully with his ice pick, observing inside the various items. There was fuel, which could likely be fashioned into further ammunition for the flamethrower, as well as a pair of garden shears.

On the bottom shelf was a nearly empty box of shotgun shells. It looked mostly cleaned out, but there was enough to give the shotgun in Nono's possession one extra shot.

@Leon Moretti @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter

Bullet nodded, creeping along quietly next to Klein. The gaps in the roof didn't offer any views of the mutated woman, but following the strange noises eventually brought them through an open doorway. Here, the floor had mostly given out, giving the group a view of the floor below. Various dead plants were all that remained of the garden. The voices of those on the floor below could be heard, as well as those strange noises...

Bullet looked up and gasped at the sight.

ZIv6t4Z.jpg

Some kind of strange mass that seemed connected to Mrs. Baker's stomach was attacked the wall. The woman groaned as various insects dropped out of the mass.

"Is she... birthing insects?" Bullet said incredulously. She tried not to retch. "Shit!"

@Greenhouse

The figure approached the group, coming close enough eventually to get a good look at them. His body language suggested surprise at seeing one of them, but it was hard to discern what he was thinking with a hood around his head obscuring his face.

The man suddenly leaped toward Saeko as if he was preparing to attack, but instead, he reached out and took her by the hand with surprising speed. He gripped it tightly, squeezing it. He didn't speak a word as he waited for the girl to react.

latest

The city she found herself in... It couldn't be Tokonosu City. The city was quiet. A result of the recent plague that had spread.

"I... is this home?" She said. "We need to head inside as quietly as possible." She said to the group. Even if it was abandoned now, "They" could be nearby.

If Saeko had been armed, she would have attacked. But the way this figure moved, it didn't seem to mean her harm. However, this was post-apocalypse, and Saeko had to be careful. Then, the rifleman grabbed her. What a time to be caught unarmed. She attempted to pull away.

Reiner Braun
@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

Reiner was prepared for the worst; for Kiyohime to get extremely worked up and go crazy... But fortunately, the entire thing appeared to have been interrupted by some sort of procession. It would seem that whatever they were doing left the illusion unscathed, at least until Black Panther, after enduring it for a while longer... Literally tore right through it, landing them in a red room, with a couple of familiar people, and Wanda to boot!

Though he wasn't sure what questions to ask, he listened intently... And soon, things became pretty clear; "Mother", whoever she was, had been controlling Wanda... But it wasn't just her; there was one other... Eveline, who had contributed to their arrival here, and was the one behind the whole "family" thing. Ontop of that, there was someone else, someone apparently linked to "her", either Evline or this "mother"... Someone named 'BOB' who was the center of all of this.

All they needed... Was the right opportunity to find him, and defeat him, which would hopefully free everyone he had entrapped here...

TW595Wo.png

"Bear with us just a little longer... Wanda... We'll free you... We'll free all of you!" He said, with a distinct amount of intensity.

It looks like their goals were as clear as day now... At least to him, but he still wasn't quite sure what sort of "opening" they were looking for, he was prepared to act quickly once they found it.

As Wanda began to fade, Reiner was suddenly reminded of something, and a look of concern was on his face as he turned to her...

"Hey... Kiyohime... What'll happen to you... If we get our powers back?" He asked, rather hesitantly.

Regardless of what answer he got though, he was once again carried away to a foreign place by a strange light that enveloped him, bringing them to probably yet another illusion...

When his vision and senses finally returned to him, he was prepared to try and ease Klim a little, seeing as he was quite distressed after recovering his memories... But the strange man that had suddenly grabbed Saeko's hand quickly drew his attention.

PX3ZmMY.png

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?!" He shouted, running towards the scene.

Looks like he intended to intervene if the man chose not to let go, despite Saeko's request to do so.​

Last edited:

Klim took a few steps down the road in panic, stopping short as he looked at the bleak road ahead. He shook his head in defeat, looking like he'd taken a blow to the gut.

Meanwhile, a lone figure was approaching from the opposite direction. He appeared to be a man in a dark cloak with a rifle strapped to his back. He had spotted the group but was not turning away.

Grabbing Klim, Josephine held him close. The man was a stranger, yet the concern was sincere.

"Easy now. I know what you're dealing with. The rushes of confusion will stop. I'm Josephine, by the way. I don't think I know yours."

At one point she knew this man, well, a version of this man. It was weird. Reintroducing yourself to someone you feel like you knew.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

Owen glanced to the side, his gaze following a noise from above. Feeling brave, he stepped out through a broken doorway, coming to a large room at the back of the greenhouse. He heard Bullet saying something above and he glanced toward a ladder that led to the second floor.

"We should help them," he said, making his way for it. He was only halfway up when a bloodcurdling scream scared him and he fell off the ladder, dropping to the ground below.

The woman screamed as the knife dug into the side of her head. She detached herself from the wall and crawled along it like she was some kind of spider. Bullet tried to watch her movements, but the woman was surprisingly quick on all fours. She disappeared back above the greenhouse, leaving Bullet unsure what to do.

Teddy came in from the other room, stuffing the medical pamphlet he found in his pocket. "Couldn't find anything useful," he muttered.

The woman could be heard just above them then. Bullet was ready to swing at any sneaky hands, but Mrs. Baker did something surprising. She leapt down right from the ceiling, crashing through and sending Bullet flying as the woman impacted her.

@Greenhouse

Phil Connors

Phil watched Owen catiously and saw that he was focusing on the noise above them. It sounded like they could hear the people above them. Ugh, he really didn't want to encounter Mother, but he had a feeling if he didn't go, those idiots would get themselves killed by something.

He really liked it more when the kid was cowering in the corner, but he seemed to be wanting to help. Phil, following him attempted to catch him when he fell. Regardless if he was successful or not he would sigh. If he was successful, he would place Owen down rather quickly. " You need to be more careful. You're going to get yourself killed."

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @The Batter @Crow

Leon stuck behind Phil and Nono, not sure of what to expect but mentally prepared himself to strike however necessary.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Leon Moretti @The Batter @Crow

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
As Wanda faded away more and more, a white light started to shine from behind her. She shook her head at Toffee. "That's not about him."

"That's about what's around him," said MIKE.

"He is wrapped in darkness. In despair. In malevolence."

"Whatever is done, it must be quick. It must be thorough."

"It must be--"

Wanda faded away, and the light enveloped all once again.

When the light abated, the group was now standing in a deserted city street under daylight. A quick look around made it clear it was a Japanese city of some kind, judging by the Japanese text present on signs and billboards.

Inexplicably, Marcus was missing, evidently lost between shifts.

"Another illusion?" Billy asked, turning to look down both ends of the street. In each direction were abandoned cars with not a soul in sight.

Klim had finally come conscious, his eyes opening as he took two stumbling steps away from Josephine. "This... isn't right. What year is it...?"

So, in order to defeat this BOB, they would need to take advantage of an opening? Noembelu didn't really get what MIKE and Wanda meant, but maybe she could figure it out when the time was right. Either way, they made it somewhere new...or were they? She recognized the Japanese from her month in Tokyo, but...hmm. "You know this place?" She asked Klim.​

Well, at least Klim seemed to know who he was now...maybe. The new arrival, however, set Noembelu on alert. Standing in front of Amir as if to shield her, she watched quietly. Even without her hatchets, she could put up a fight. But with any luck this stranger wasn't an enemy.​

The figure approached the group, coming close enough eventually to get a good look at them. His body language suggested surprise at seeing one of them, but it was hard to discern what he was thinking with a hood around his head obscuring his face.

The man suddenly leaped toward Saeko as if he was preparing to attack, but instead, he reached out and took her by the hand with surprising speed. He gripped it tightly, squeezing it. He didn't speak a word as he waited for the girl to react.

latest

The city she found herself in... It couldn't be Tokonosu City. The city was quiet. A result of the recent plague that had spread.

"I... is this home?" She said. "We need to head inside as quietly as possible." She said to the group. Even if it was abandoned now, "They" could be nearby.

If Saeko had been armed, she would have attacked. But the way this figure moved, it didn't seem to mean her harm. However, this was post-apocalypse, and Saeko had to be careful. Then, the rifleman grabbed her. What a time to be caught unarmed. She attempted to pull away.

Reiner Braun
@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

Reiner was prepared for the worst; for Kiyohime to get extremely worked up and go crazy... But fortunately, the entire thing appeared to have been interrupted by some sort of procession. It would seem that whatever they were doing left the illusion unscathed, at least until Black Panther, after enduring it for a while longer... Literally tore right through it, landing them in a red room, with a couple of familiar people, and Wanda to boot!

Though he wasn't sure what questions to ask, he listened intently... And soon, things became pretty clear; "Mother", whoever she was, had been controlling Wanda... But it wasn't just her; there was one other... Eveline, who had contributed to their arrival here, and was the one behind the whole "family" thing. Ontop of that, there was someone else, someone apparently linked to "her", either Evline or this "mother"... Someone named 'BOB' who was the center of all of this.

All they needed... Was the right opportunity to find him, and defeat him, which would hopefully free everyone he had entrapped here...

TW595Wo.png

"Bear with us just a little longer... Wanda... We'll free you... We'll free all of you!" He said, with a distinct amount of intensity.

It looks like their goals were as clear as day now... At least to him, but he still wasn't quite sure what sort of "opening" they were looking for, he was prepared to act quickly once they found it.

As Wanda began to fade, Reiner was suddenly reminded of something, and a look of concern was on his face as he turned to her...

"Hey... Kiyohime... What'll happen to you... If we get our powers back?" He asked, rather hesitantly.

Regardless of what answer he got though, he was once again carried away to a foreign place by a strange light that enveloped him, bringing them to probably yet another illusion...

When his vision and senses finally returned to him, he was prepared to try and ease Klim a little, seeing as he was quite distressed after recovering his memories... But the strange man that had suddenly grabbed Saeko's hand quickly drew his attention.

PX3ZmMY.png

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?!" He shouted.

Looks like he intended to intervene if the man chose not to let go, despite Saeko's request to do so.​
Grabbing the man Josaphene held him close. The man was a stranger, yet the concern was sincere.​

"Easy now. I know what you're dealink with. The rushes of confusion will stop.I'm Josephine, by the way. I don't think I know yours."

At one point she knew this man, well, a version of this man. It was weird. Reintroducing yourself to someone you feel like you know.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​
While most other chatter didn't need to be drowned out any further, a particular question was asked her direction from Reiner. She had to remind herself that she had told him and the Batter much earlier about her status as a Servant. All this time trying to keep herself around and out of this situation with all these people, and she had forgotten about a key detail about herself. What would happen once her powers as a Servant return to her? This lack of her usual abilities were almost like a blessing, buying her more time than needed... but...

tumblr_oii5mwutlw1v3qowuo4_100.png

❝ When that happens... I'm not sure... I may have a steady amount of mana, I may not... Depending on this... I may not be around until another magus summons me... if I... dis- ❞

Usually a Servant wouldn't care so much about sticking around like this, but... was this because she was honing a connection here? She was afraid of this, thinking that some here were littered with lies, but she was also afraid of not being able to see a select few that weren't covered in those lies. Before she could speak of the possibility of her disappearing as soon as she's granted her powers back, she along with others were brought to another location...

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Readjusting herself in a new environment, Kiyohime was wondering on what kind of illusion could sprout from a city-like setting. Though, she realized that one of them, Saeko, was being dragged off by a man...

H-Hey! Come back here! ❞

The Berserker raised her voice as she ran over towards the man and Saeko.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

Amir was going to question where they were, and what the weird horseless caravans appeared to be when the hooded figure appeared before she could voice her question. With Noembelu suddenly blocking her sight, she glanced over the Native's shoulder cautiously as the person lunges forward and, oddly enough, took Saeko by the hand.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

Owen wasn't exactly light, but Phil's intervention allowed Owen to make a grab for one of the rungs, ensuring both of them had no losses to their HP. Owen looked embarrassed as he jumped off the ladder and away from Phil. "Thanks, man, I-I guess..."

Owen gestured to the ladder, unsure what else to say. If the group went up, they would see the strange sight of a tall woman with limbs way too long threatening the upstairs group.

The mutated woman didn't seem to have a desire to flee so soon again. Whether this was due to Klein trying to ambush her or otherwise was not clear, but her towering form stood at full length above the others. She took Kyoko's attack well, barely reacting. She turned her side to smack the girl, but Teddy came in, swinging a shovel. He swung it through the air, opposite the direction Mrs. Baker was swiping in and forced her arm to bounce back.

"Son of a bitch!" she cried. "Who do you think you are?!"

@Greenhouse

The male held on tight, not allowing Saeko to pull away. A tense second followed before he pulled roughly, snaking in behind Saeko to pull her close to him from behind. His hood fell away, revealing him to be a young teenage boy.

"Stop," he commanded, his voice edged with tension.

CacZsd6.jpg

"I thought I'd lost you," said Takashi Komuro, a boy Saeko knew all too well.

Billy followed Reiner and took a wary step toward the pair, unsure if Saeko was in danger.

Meanwhile, Klim was pulled in close toward Josephine. It seemed that was the move of the day. He pulled always slightly, but something about the woman's voice calmed him. He was fairly sure he didn't know her, at least by that name. "My name... is Sigma Klim," he said, his voice low.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and Verite
Phil was surprised that Owen wasn't as light as he appeared, but physically, he wasn't as weak as he appeared. He looked over at him and sighed. " You are welcome, Owen," he said, as he didn't want to get too sentimental. Kid could still die.

Phil looked at the ladder with apprehension. He didn't exactly want to go up it quite honestly. It was his own little cowarding nature. He stared at Owen and waited for somebody to go up it.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Crow @The Batter

Owen wasn't exactly light, but Phil's intervention allowed Owen to make a grab for one of the rungs, ensuring both of them had no losses to their HP. Owen looked embarrassed as he jumped off the ladder and away from Phil. "Thanks, man, I-I guess..."

Owen gestured to the ladder, unsure what else to say. If the group went up, they would see the strange sight of a tall woman with limbs way too long threatening the upstairs group.

The mutated woman didn't seem to have a desire to flee so soon again. Whether this was due to Klein trying to ambush her or otherwise was not clear, but her towering form stood at full length above the others. She took Kyoko's attack well, barely reacting. She turned her side to smack the girl, but Teddy came in, swinging a shovel. He swung it through the air, opposite the direction Mrs. Baker was swiping in and forced her arm to bounce back.

@Greenhouse

The male held on tight, not allowing Saeko to pull away. A tense second followed before he pulled roughly, snaking in behind Saeko to pull her close to him from behind. His hood fell away, revealing him to be a young teenage boy.

CacZsd6.jpg

Billy followed Reiner and took a wary step toward the pair, unsure if Saeko was in danger.

Meanwhile, Klim was pulled in close toward Josephine. It seemed that was the move of the day. He pulled always slightly, but something about the woman's voice calmed him. He was fairly sure he didn't know her, at least by that name. "My name... is Sigma Klim," he said, his voice low.

Ah, so this was Saeko's illusion. Noembelu would make eye contact with Saeko, then glance at T'Challa before looking at Saeko again. It was a look meant to remind her of the fact that they were in illusions. This boy wasn't real.​

Takashi... seeing him made Saeko's heart jump. She knew it was an Illusion, but part of her wanted to stay here. She indicated to the rest that he meant no harm. She would... humor it, so to speak.

"Where is everyone else?" Saeko asked the male. She didn't know if this picked up where she had left, or if this was an alternate path. She was asking about the rest of the group. "And how's Alice?" She asked about the little girl they had picked up.

@Greenhouse

"Does it matter?"

Beatrice lunged once again with her sword, attempting to catch the mutant woman in one of her elbows. She seemed to be rather focused on her arms in her way of fighting, so robbing her of her weapons first might be a good plan.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Atomyk @Greenhouse​

"Dude..." Owen looked up the ladder before looking back at Phil. "You're the oldest of us and you have weapons. I almost fell, so... people could be dying, and I don't feel very hot about leaving them anymore."

The woman's arm was cut cleanly, but in mere seconds it was regrowing back. She was in an awkward position where she couldn't swing her other arm, but she was deft enough to throw her body in Beatrice's direction in an attempt to knock the girl away.

@Greenhouse

Takashi held Saeko close, pulling her tightly against his chest. It didn't matter if this was hurting her, for he needed her warmth. He needed to smell her and know she was real. He'd come so close to falling into despair.

"They're fine," he said, "just fine."

He buried his face into her neck and waited a long moment.

"... I thought you were going to miss it. The dawn of a new age." He pulled back and spoke softly into her ear. "You went missing just when we'd found something to fix the world. I came to find you... and now... here we are. We can turn them back to how they were before everything started. The world will be made whole again."

The woman's arm was cut cleanly, but in mere seconds it was regrowing back. She was in an awkward position where she couldn't swing her other arm, but she was deft enough to throw her body in Beatrice's direction in an attempt to knock the girl away.​
"Gh!"

Kyoko let out a sharp gasp when the wind was knocked out of her, her own body stumbling blindly toward the nearest wall and disorienting her for a brief moment, though she was quick to gather her bearings once again.

Gritting her teeth, she prepared to move again, Beatrice's timely maneuver beating her to the punch in getting her attention, allowing the detective to give herself another brief moment of rest to herself, before the detective hatched an idea in her head, and deftly dashed in front of her (embarrassingly enough, a gesture easier said than done considering the boots she wore, her poor footing at the moment, and her admitted lack of physical proficiency), before attempting to hit the crowbar against the strange mass on the woman's body!

@Atomyk @Kaykay @ShiroKiyoshi

Ah, so this was Saeko's illusion. Noembelu would make eye contact with Saeko, then glance at T'Challa before looking at Saeko again. It was a look meant to remind her of the fact that they were in illusions. This boy wasn't real.​

T'Challa saw the glance Noemblu gave him. "Perhaps we can save the pleasantries until later? I know finding a lost friend is cause for celebration but there is a time and place for everything."​

"Dude..." Owen looked up the ladder before looking back at Phil. "You're the oldest of us and you have weapons. I almost fell, so... people could be dying, and I don't feel very hot about leaving them anymore."

The woman's arm was cut cleanly, but in mere seconds it was regrowing back. She was in an awkward position where she couldn't swing her other arm, but she was deft enough to throw her body in Beatrice's direction in an attempt to knock the girl away.

@Greenhouse

Takashi held Saeko close, pulling her tightly against his chest. It didn't matter if this was hurting her, for he needed her warmth. He needed to smell her and know she was real. He'd come so close to falling into despair.

"... I thought you were going to miss it. The dawn of a new age." He pulled back and spoke softly into her ear. "You went missing just when we'd found something to fix the world. I came to find you... and now... here we are. We can turn them back to how they were before everything started. The world will be made whole again."

"Interesting..." T'Challa mused. "How did you stumble upon this miracle cure of yours?"​

Grabbing the man Josaphene held him close. The man was a stranger, yet the concern was sincere.​

"Easy now. I know what you're dealink with. The rushes of confusion will stop.I'm Josephine, by the way. I don't think I know yours."

At one point she knew this man, well, a version of this man. It was weird. Reintroducing yourself to someone you feel like you know.

While most other chatter didn't need to be drowned out any further, a particular question was asked her direction from Reiner. She had to remind herself that she had told him and the Batter much earlier about her status as a Servant. All this time trying to keep herself around and out of this situation with all these people, and she had forgotten about a key detail about herself. What would happen once her powers as a Servant return to her? This lack of her usual abilities were almost like a blessing, buying her more time than needed... but...

tumblr_oii5mwutlw1v3qowuo4_100.png

❝ When that happens... I'm not sure... I may have a steady amount of mana, I may not... Depending on this... I may not be around until another magus summons me... if I... dis- ❞

Usually a Servant wouldn't care so much about sticking around like this, but... was this because she was honing a connection here? She was afraid of this, thinking that some here were littered with lies, but she was also afraid of not being able to see a select few that weren't covered in those lies. Before she could speak of the possibility of her disappearing as soon as she's granted her powers back, she along with others were brought to another location...

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Readjusting herself in a new environment, Kiyohime was wondering on what kind of illusion could sprout from a city-like setting. Though, she realized that one of them, Saeko, was being dragged off by a man...

H-Hey! Come back here! ❞

The Berserker raised her voice as she ran over towards the man and Saeko.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife
Amir was going to question where they were, and what the weird horseless caravans appeared to be when the hooded figure appeared before she could voice her question. With Noembelu suddenly blocking her sight, she glanced over the Native's shoulder cautiously as the person lunges forward and, oddly enough, took Saeko by the hand.

@Greenhouse

"Stop,"Stop," he commanded, his voice edged with tension.

CacZsd6.jpg

"I thought I'd lost you,"" said Takashi Komuro, a boy Saeko knew all too well.

Takashi... seeing him made Saeko's heart jump. She knew it was an Illusion, but part of her wanted to stay here. She indicated to the rest that he meant no harm. She would... humor it, so to speak.

"Where is everyone else?" Saeko asked the male. She didn't know if this picked up where she had left, or if this was an alternate path. She was asking about the rest of the group. "And how's Alice?" She asked about the little girl they had picked up.

@Greenhouse

T'Challa saw the glance Noemblu gave him. "Perhaps we can save the pleasantries until later? I know finding a lost friend is cause for celebration but there is a time and place for everything."​

"Interesting..." T'Challa mused. "How did you stumble upon this miracle cure of yours?"​

Reiner Braun
@Afterlife

Noticing that the man that had grabbed Saeko didn't seem to have bad intentions for her, seeing that she even recognized him... Reiner decided not to intervene, for now. Though he was still very wary of the whole situation, since he was trying to keep in mind that despite all that might happen, this was all just another illusion of some sort...

o16ohos.png

"What did you... Find?" He asked hesitantly, seeming to be trying to at least understand something about the world here, whether or not it was real.

As he waited for an answer though, he began to think about Kiyo's answer to his question from earlier... It seemed to imply that when their powers returned, she might potentially disappear unless she found a master somehow during the brief window of time that she had...

While he figured she would still be able to come back even if she did disappear, the way she trailed off really did worry him; the last thing he wanted was for her to disappear for good... After all that they had gone through...​

CacZsd6.jpg

Reiner Braun
@Afterlife

Noticing that the man that had grabbed Saeko didn't seem to have bad intentions for her, seeing that she even recognized him... Reiner decided not to intervene, for now. Though he was still very wary of the whole situation, since he was trying to keep in mind that despite all that might happen, this was all just another illusion of some sort...

o16ohos.png

"What did you... Find?" He asked hesitantly, seeming to be trying to at least understand something about the world here, whether or not it was real.

As he waited for an answer though, he began to think about Kiyo's answer to his question from earlier... It seemed to imply that when their powers returned, she might potentially disappear unless she found a master somehow during the brief window of time that she had...

While he figured she would still be able to come back even if she did disappear, the way she trailed off really did worry him; the last thing he wanted was for her to disappear for good... After all that they had gone through...​
Given with how it all revolved around Saeko, the Berserker was able to tell that this illusion was geared towards her. While they would have to figure out on how to break this illusion, Kiyohime supposed on fishing on some pointers on what was happening.

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

❝ I hope this isn't too out there, but what exactly occurred to need a "fix to the world." I happen to travel a lot, so I may not know of... this. ❞

Of course, Kiyohime didn't like the idea of lying and all, but she was partially true with her words. They were technically traveling from one illusion and then towards another one. Besides... she was truly oblivious to what was supposed to be taking place in this illusion.

@Afterlife

@Greenhouse

CacZsd6.jpg

Phil was surprised that Owen wasn't as light as he appeared, but physically, he wasn't as weak as he appeared. He looked over at him and sighed. " You are welcome, Owen," he said, as he didn't want to get too sentimental. Kid could still die.

Phil looked at the ladder with apprehension. He didn't exactly want to go up it quite honestly. It was his own little cowarding nature. He stared at Owen and waited for somebody to go up it.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Crow @The Batter

"Does it matter?"

Beatrice lunged once again with her sword, attempting to catch the mutant woman in one of her elbows. She seemed to be rather focused on her arms in her way of fighting, so robbing her of her weapons first might be a good plan.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Atomyk @Greenhouse​

@Greenhouse

"Gh!"

Kyoko let out a sharp gasp when the wind was knocked out of her, her own body stumbling blindly toward the nearest wall and disorienting her for a brief moment, though she was quick to gather her bearings once again.

Gritting her teeth, she prepared to move again, Beatrice's timely maneuver beating her to the punch in getting her attention, allowing the detective to give herself another brief moment of rest to herself, before the detective hatched an idea in her head, and deftly dashed in front of her (embarrassingly enough, a gesture easier said than done considering the boots she wore, her poor footing at the moment, and her admitted lack of physical proficiency), before attempting to hit the crowbar against the strange mass on the woman's body!

@Atomyk @Kaykay @ShiroKiyoshi

Nono saw the lady's regenerative capabilities. She tried to resist shouting Kyoko's name, or screaming in fear, evidenced by her covering her mouth, since it was best to keep silent so that the lady couldn't detect the incoming group.

VUHYH2i.jpg

"Well, at least those arms didn't spring into- wait a second..."

Nono had a little thought.

"That's it! For starters, we'll need to cut her arms off again, close to the shoulders as possible... Baseball Guy, after that, you need to launch your flamethrower at the open wound before they regenerate, so maybe they need to be cut and burned at the same time, or in the shortest time interval possible. Then, it won't regrow... probably... that will at least rid of her extensive arms..."

Nono nods her head.

"Morikubo will be the stealth sniper, so Morikubo will stay hidden... as always... You all join in the fight without Morikubo... just stay safe and make sure everyone else is safe... Morikubo cannot forgive herself if Kyoko falls..."

@Leon Moretti @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @Atomyk

So, that's how it had to be, huh. Owen shook his head at Phil and braved the ladder once again, this time reaching the top without falling.

"... We're gonna need that damn flamethrower!" he yelled down.

The woman cried out in rage at Kyoko's attack. While she didn't seem to react in pain, her body shivered and her cut arm slowed its regeneration when Kyoko attacked the mass. In a few second, her arm had recovered and she dropped to her hands and feet so that the mass was below her. She reached out and grabbed Kyoko by the head, squeezing the girl's head and pulling her toward herself.

Teddy came in to attack the arm, but Mrs. Baker strangely reached out with her leg and grabbed hold of the shovel. Teddy grunted as he proceeded to try and pull the shovel free.

@Greenhouse

Takashi pulled back from Saeko to give Black Panther and Reiner suspicious glances. He eyes them for a moment as if judging them before he spoke again. "We stumbled across some kind of science facility where they had been doing strange experiments. I may not understand what went on there... but they had made a cure. Everything will be right again soon."

It was then that more individuals began to approach, stumbling across the ground as if drunk. It only took a few seconds to gather what was really happening here. "They occurred," Takashi said, looking to Kiyohime.

nTtA5Qd.jpg

The infected people looked out for blood as they approached the group.

"Damn it... we don't have weapons!" Billy exclaimed.

Takashi held one protective arm around Saeko. He seemed of a mind to pull her away from the crowd. "I'll protect you, no matter what."

So, that's how it had to be, huh. Owen shook his head at Phil and braved the ladder once again, this time reaching the top without falling.

"... We're gonna need that damn flamethrower!" he yelled down.

The woman cried out in rage at Kyoko's attack. While she didn't seem to react in pain, her body shivered and her cut arm slowed its regeneration when Kyoko attacked the mass. In a few second, her arm had recovered and she dropped to her hands and feet so that the mass was below her. She reached out and grabbed Kyoko by the head, squeezing the girl's head and pulling her toward herself.

Teddy came in to attack the arm, but Mrs. Baker strangely reached out with her leg and grabbed hold of the shovel. Teddy grunted as he proceeded to try and pull the shovel free.

@Greenhouse

Takashi pulled back from Saeko to give Black Panther and Reiner suspicious glances. He eyes them for a moment as if judging them before he spoke again. "We stumbled across some kind of science facility where they had been doing strange experiments. I may not understand what went on there... but they had made a cure. Everything will be right again soon."

It was then that more individuals began to approach, stumbling across the ground as if drunk. It only took a few seconds to gather what was really happening here. "They occurred," Takashi said, looking to Kiyohime.

nTtA5Qd.jpg

The infected people looked out for blood as they approached the group.

"Damn it... we don't have weapons!" Billy exclaimed.

Takashi held one protective arm around Saeko. He seemed of a mind to pull her away from the crowd. "I'll protect you, no matter what."

Oh, nice. Klein thought as he shot out of the hole in the roof and started running at the woman. Going as fast as he could, he ran by the woman, throwing his knife into the other side of her head. Hopefully, it scared or hurt her enough to stun her. He then kept running until he found where he made the holes in the roof with the shotgun and hid once more, waiting in the shadows to ambush the woman once again. He hummed a tune now, a ominous one that without the lyrics sounded like the playful voice of a child.

@Greenhouse

CacZsd6.jpg

"Sigma Klim."

The diplomat smiled as she consoled the man. Giving him space by stepping back, she spoke, "You must be very confused, Maker knows I still am, slightly. You and I, we knew each other by different names. We were caught in illusions. You and I, we were important to each other."

The young woman paused.

"I'll give you your space, but even though we're strangers, you can always come to me, if it pleases you."

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

Phil Connors

Phil had grown apathetic to others scolding him. He wasn't about to kill himself for people who had been talking about murdering people and hated him. It didn't matter to him. He rolled his eyes. " Batter, either toss it up or go up with the flamethrower," he drawled to the man. He couldn't help but think back to the loop though. Back when he had been trying to seduce Rita.

I'm just me, I can't be any more than I am. This is all there is.

Phil wanted to help, but he also didn't want to die. He didn't. " I can't be any more than I am. ." Though, it was a loud, he had muttered it under his breath. He sighed. If nobody moved, he would take the flamethrower from the Batter and throw it up to Owen.

@Leon Moretti @Crow @The Batter @Atomyk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.