• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Are you serious right now?" Rant said as he gave the door a good kick. He then stared at the Rabbit shifting his gaze to Wanda. He then turned to Toffee and Shen. They were definitely screwed. Rant sucked on his teeth for a second while he thought, he didn't want to eat that food, and he didn't want to be in this room. However, Wanda did not care, she wanted them in this dining hall no matter what. So, the question is why? A question he trusted the one who annoyed him the most, but was the only soul he had any faith in this room to answer. His gaze fell onto Kyoko, a hard stare as he tried to convey his telepathic message through glare alone.

What's taking her so long? Isn't she some kinda genius?

Rant would hold out on eating for as long as he could. He couldn't trust Wanda less now and it put him on edge. He kept her in his sight for a bit as he then looked on the table and narrowed his eyes. He used a fork to lift the stuff in the air and sniffed it. Rant knew little about any other food than doughnuts. Since he suffers no penalty from eating, the categories of healthy and junk food are replaced with appetizing and disgusting. Anything not a doughnut is automatically thrown into disgusting. He dropped the meat and looked to the Rabbit. "I don't know how you're alive, but since you are... can't you make something better than this crap. It's tough and smells odd."

@Verite @Otto @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Others

@Takumi @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9

Noembelu didn't stop until she got all the way to the ballroom. Thank God it was so huge...it allowed her to just breathe. As she got inside, she did just that. In...out...in...out...in...out...

More people came into the room. She could talk to them in a moment. But now, she just needed to breathe. A full minute passed before she looked to them. Only three people. That was okay. The fewer the better, really.

"I..." She couldn't speak just yet. "I..." Calm down. You're the calm one. You've always been the calm one. Why are you panicking? Noembelu doesn't panic. "This is all wrong. Very wrong. We need to get out of here." Her words were hasty, but she needed to get something out.

Noembelu took a deep breath, taking a shorter pause. Finally, she felt more collected. "Like I said before...I came here because I knew Wanda through a friend. His name is Edmond Honda-the two of them ended up in something called the Dark Place. Kirigiri was there. Nono was there. Zenyatta was there." She gulped. "Usami...that rabbit...she was there too. But she died. Honda told me when you die in the Dark Place, you stay trapped. Wanda was an exception. Usami wasn't."

Noembelu sat down on the piano bench. "Usami is supposed to be trapped in the Dark Place. Wanda's letter to me was addressed to 'Noey.' Only Honda calls me Noey. He'd hidden my letter. And she was put on edge when I brought him up..." No. No. Don't you dare. You're supposed to be strong. How dare you. How dare-

Noembelu let out a sob, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't know what's going on. But this is bad. We can't leave...I don't know where Honda is..." You're being weak. Stop crying. Who the Hell are you? You can't be Little Eagle. She's dead, remember? You remember her, the last time she cried. Remember? You were there. She couldn't stop crying. She didn't know why all this emotion was coming up. It was all so overwhelming. Before, in her Murder Game, she was told beforehand about what would happen, and given a choice. There was no choice here. All she did was think, "I'd like to go," when she saw the invitation. Was that all needed? She felt so powerless now, the illusion of control when a Traitor gone.​

Amir walked over and took Noembelu's injured hand to look it over, before tearing some cloth from her skirt to wrap around the wound. It wasn't much, but it would do for now.

"Noembelu, I might not understand all of what's going on, but I know this, I will do what I can to help you while we're stuck here. No one deserves to face such things by themselves after all." Amir reassured, looking up from the other's injured hand with a bit of worry to her features, though she did give a reassuring smile. She had never seen someone so distraught, not even Pariya when she feares she'd never marry. Though, Amir could probably see a bit of herself in Noembelu for different reasons, mostly at being thrown into a crazy situation where tensions were high.

tumblr_mrzqeysV9d1spg6j2o4_250.jpg

"It's okay to cry as well. Though my brother thinks I'm always the first to cry at something like a child." she tied the cloth around Noembelu's palm as she spoke, hoping to ease some of the tension somehow.

"Too tight?" she asked, voice calm and soft.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M

"Meaning of what, Kyoko? Usagi's our the children's nanny. The children just love her."

Captain America stood up after Noemblu, turning to Wanda.

"Excuse me, Wanda. I'll check on her. If that's okay?"

"Of course, Captain."

Walking outside, Steve moved towards the girl. tracking her down.

"Hey. you need an ear to listen?"

The Avenger teams looked at each other for a time as Wanda almost seemed to be studying the King. After sometime she spoke.

"The time? It's time for you to eat, your highness."

56e1b9e234dfc.jpg

Wanda kept an eye and Black Adam as her look became more angry. Suddenly slamming her hand on the table, she looked at him with rage, slowly subsiding. In a soft tone. she confronted him

"You're a very rude guest, Teth Adam. You won't eat my food, you cause fights, and you don't have the come curtesy to talk about me behind my back, you just do it rudely do it to my face. like I can't hear."

Wanda leaned closer to him.

"Now eat and be merry."

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @CataclysmicMandala @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

800974-black_adam_1.jpg

Adam stared at Wanda, meeting her gaze with his own, but he soon conceded and grabbed some food and piling it on to his plate. "Of course, how rude of me to talk so ill of our gracious host. I apologize." He said tensely, deciding to move back to his talk with T'Challa.

"Yes, it would seem so. Though I feel that this 'family' of hers is not what it seems to be. Does she not already have a family of her own, if I recall correctly? And I am Teth Adam." He replied, his tone on equal footing with the Wakandan king. He gave the man a firm shake, having respect for any who leads a country as a king. "Wakanda is foreign to me. But your accent is very reminiscent of the african peoples. I am king of Khandaq. Though it does not take a wisdom of a god to know you have not heard of it either. I have found out already that we are of different worlds. But it is good to know that I sit with a fellow king, one chosen by his people to guide them into prosperity."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Atomyk @Otherpeeps

Phil Connors

Phil was silent as he listened to what Noemblu was saying. He wished he had some tissues on him. He hated to see anyone else cry. He looked over at his coat and looked around in his pockets. Anixety medication, keys, phone, ah, he had forgotten about it. He produced a silk cloth he used to polish his shoes. " Here you go, miss Noemblu. I hate to see beautiful woman such as yourself cry. You deserve to be happy," he said, slightly flirty. He paused, something else dawning on him. " Miss Noemblu, do you believe we are in this Dark place now?"

@Josh M @Takumi @Yun Lee

Noembelu didn't stop until she got all the way to the ballroom. Thank God it was so huge...it allowed her to just breathe. As she got inside, she did just that. In...out...in...out...in...out...

More people came into the room. She could talk to them in a moment. But now, she just needed to breathe. A full minute passed before she looked to them. Only three people. That was okay. The fewer the better, really.

"I..." She couldn't speak just yet. "I..." Calm down. You're the calm one. You've always been the calm one. Why are you panicking? Noembelu doesn't panic. "This is all wrong. Very wrong. We need to get out of here." Her words were hasty, but she needed to get something out.

Noembelu took a deep breath, taking a shorter pause. Finally, she felt more collected. "Like I said before...I came here because I knew Wanda through a friend. His name is Edmond Honda-the two of them ended up in something called the Dark Place. Kirigiri was there. Nono was there. Zenyatta was there." She gulped. "Usami...that rabbit...she was there too. But she died. Honda told me when you die in the Dark Place, you stay trapped. Wanda was an exception. Usami wasn't."

Noembelu sat down on the piano bench. "Usami is supposed to be trapped in the Dark Place. Wanda's letter to me was addressed to 'Noey.' Only Honda calls me Noey. He'd hidden my letter. And she was put on edge when I brought him up..." No. No. Don't you dare. You're supposed to be strong. How dare you. How dare-

Noembelu let out a sob, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't know what's going on. But this is bad. We can't leave...I don't know where Honda is..." You're being weak. Stop crying. Who the Hell are you? You can't be Little Eagle. She's dead, remember? You remember her, the last time she cried. Remember? You were there. She couldn't stop crying. She didn't know why all this emotion was coming up. It was all so overwhelming. Before, in her Murder Game, she was told beforehand about what would happen, and given a choice. There was no choice here. All she did was think, "I'd like to go," when she saw the invitation. Was that all needed? She felt so powerless now, the illusion of control when a Traitor gone.
"I see."

The Captain took a seat next to the girl, frowning as he started to think. That was a lot of info to take in. Looking the girl in the eye, Steve words would be kind.

"We're all going to get out of here, and we're going to find Edmond. Alright?"

Steve's words were short, but he meant it. The girl did have a reason to worry. Nothing was making sense.​
"To show us something." Came T'Challa's response to Black Adam. "Why he has chosen us specifically I do not know. But I believe all will be clear very soon. I'm sorry." He handed out his hand to Black Adam. "I am Black Panther, King of Wakanda."

It wasn't that T'Challa thought the food was poison or something similar. I wasn't just keen on eating right now considering the circumstances. "Apologizes Wanda. I will get to it in a little bit."

"So it would seem..." He replied looking at the clock. T'Challa still wasn't quite sure what to make of this scenario. All he knew was that tensions were starting to rise all around him, ready to explode like a powder keg. "Wanda, you speak about your family with much warmth. I assume that they are a bit shy to not meet us at dinner. I'm sure they would like some of the food you have provided for us as well."

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @CataclysmicMandala @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Josh M
"Oh, they're just running behind, your highness. You know how it is. Boys will be boys. They'll be here soon."

Giggling slightly, Wanda went to the kitchen, later bringing in a hot batch of rolls. However once again, she stopped. A look of anger shot up on her face.

"Rant and Teth Adam. I am not one to be a rude host, but you two have been nothing but rude. Nothing but rudeness you two have shown me! This is your last warning."

Wanda paused.

"Would anyone care for iced tea? I going to bring some in."

tumblr_oavtjxhF7Y1ua1nbgo5_r1_400.gif

The bandages came and went, Nancy feeling a certain ringing in her head. Sprawled upon the couch, she murmured to the people around her, the names coming and go along with the faces. Billy, Tommy, Phil, Raven- even that horrid mouse abomination of Rant. Requesting some time alone in the lounge, the highschool senior stared at her bandaged leg and down at her varsity clothing. Tattered with holes but in relatively good condition, Nancy slowly arose to her feet, knowing fully that her friends had moved on without her.

One of the last, if not the last individual to enter the dinner, Nancy ignored the happenings around her. Panic and discord began to settle in within the other guests, the doors behind him firmly shutting and locking in place. Some were frenzied, others were trying to remain calm, and all-in-all, the dining hall began to hold a sense of morbidity to it. Getting a chill down her spine, Nancy felt her eyes lock with the Red Woman.

The Red Woman

"Y-You..." Nancy spoke slowly and loudly, not taking a seat in the hall. With her baseball bat in both hands, her grip tighten, the young woman still walking with the slightest of limps. "Y-You are the Red Woman. I saw you in my dreams, in that dark place. That place whatever that...Monster lived." Nancy continued, a mixture of fury and dread crawling in her voice.

"Where is Barbara? Why am I here?"

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Josh M @Verite @ShiroKiyoshi @thatguyinthestore @Gands @errybody

Wanda almost seemed to shift personalities as she moved to lead Nancy to a seat next to Black Panther.

"Oh, honey, you friend is not here. You're at my home. You're safe."
Turning to T'challa, Wanda looked worried. "Make sure she eats. Poor thing needs energy."

FN5hJwC.png

Usami started to cry. "W-What is going on...? Why is no one touching the food we made? Usami tries her best, she really does! I'm so sorry, everyone! I was looking forward to seeing all of my friends again, a-and now it's all ruined!"

Billy looked around the room, finding his head swimming amidst the uproar. Wanda never ended up saying who she meant by "Daddy" but at this point, it was looking rather obvious someone might have gotten their hooks into the Scarlet Witch. How the rabbit factored into it, Billy couldn't say, but for now, at least, Wanda didn't appear to be openly hostile.

FIk4pHc.png

"Hey, mom, could you maybe unlock the doors so that those who left can come back?"

The use of the word "mom" seemed to stop Wanda short. After a moment, she nodded her head. "No need. Here." With a wave of her hand, those in the ballroom were back in the dining room. "Now, let me get that tea!"

Billy stared at the group in confusion. "... I see."

Tommy looked incredibly bored. Wanda Maximoff acting odd? Wow, nothing new or exciting there. "Forget the food," Tommy said, pointing a finger at Usami, "mind telling me what you are?"

The little rabbit shuddered as she tried to calm herself. "Uu... I'm just a special little rabbit. I'm Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami~!" She said it in a very cutesy manner and twirled. "Wanda's family really does exist! I babysit her children!" This got every Maximoff family member at the table to exchange surprised looks. Wanda paid them no heed as she left the dining room and into the kitchen.

Usami continued, not noticing the sudden tension. "I'm sorry you hate me, Rant! I was only hoping that everyone would be happy to see me..."

@Josh M @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Minerva @Cromartie Sarkissian @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @York @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Gands @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Krieg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Josh M
@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Atomyk

Noembelu was only mildly aware of what Amir was doing, and what the others were saying. She could tell they were being nice. They were nice people. It made this all worse.

Phil's question resonated with her. The Dark Place...

"The Dark Place...from what Wanda's told me, it's some weird place that's magical, or something. They try to break you down to possess you. They did it to a guy in our group, Shane. They tried to do it to me, but I was too strong for 'em! Gahaha...ha...Noey."

"Yes?"

"If you, by any chance, ever end up there-and God, I sure hope you don't!-stay strong. That's how they get their power, through weakness and cruelty."

Before Noembelu could answer anyone, she was back in her seat. She gave Cap, Amir, and Phil a small, discreet smile. Her tears were dried. It was her way of conveying a thank you. She would get Phil his handkerchief later. For now, she had someone else to face.

"Don't let them get to you."

"I see."

The Captain tool a seat next to the girl, fronwing as he starting to think. That was a lot of info to take, Looking the girl in the eye, Steve words would be kind.

Steve's word were short, but he meant it. The girl did have a reason to worry. Nothing was making sense.​

"Oh they're just running behind, your highness. You know how it is. Boys will be boys. They'll be here soon."

Giggling slightly, Wanda left to the kitchen, bringing in a hot batch of rolls. However once again, she stopped. A look of anger shot on her face.

"Rant and Teth Adam. I am not one to be a rude host, you two have been nothing but rude. Nothing but rudeness you two have shown me This is your last warning."

Wanda paused.

"Would anyone care for ice tea? I going to bring some in."

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @CataclysmicMandala @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

"Oh, honey," Wanda said, looking to Nancy, "dreams aren't real. But I am very glad you could make it anyway."

FN5hJwC.png

Usami started to cry. "W-What is going on...? Why is no one touching the food we made? Usami tries her best, she really does! I'm so sorry, everyone! I was looking forward to seeing all of my friends again, a-and now it's all ruined!"

Billy looked around the room, finding his head swimming amidst the uproar. Wanda never ended up saying who she meant by "Daddy" but at this point, it was looking rather obvious someone might have gotten their hooks into the Scarlet Witch. How the rabbit factored into it, Billy couldn't say, but for now, at least, Wanda didn't appear to be openly hostile.

FIk4pHc.png

"Hey, mom, could you maybe unlock the doors so that those who left can come back?"

The use of the word "mom" seemed to stop Wanda short. After a moment, she nodded her head. "No need. Here." With a wave of her hand, those in the ballroom were back in the dining room. "Now, let me get that tea!"

Tommy looked incredibly bored. Wanda Maximoff acting odd? Wow, nothing new or exciting there. "Forget the food," Tommy said, pointing a finger at Usami, "mind telling me what you are?"

The little rabbit shuddered as she tried to calm herself. "Uu... I'm just a special little rabbit. I'm Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami~!" She said it in a very cutesy manner and twirled. "Wanda's family really does exist! I babysit her children!" This got every Maximoff family member at the table to exchange surprised looks. Wanda paid them no heed as she left the dining room and into the kitchen.

Usami continued, not noticing the sudden tension. "I'm sorry you hate me, Rant! I was only hoping that everyone would be happy to see me..."

@Josh M @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Minerva @Cromartie Sarkissian @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @York @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Gands @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Krieg
NXw9y.jpg

Toffee watched the events unfold in silence, simply remaining vigilant in case anything happened. It appeared that Wanda was only willing to answer their questions while remaining as vague as possible. Not surprising, of course. Though it did make it obvious that she was hiding something. Though, one thing intrigued him about this whole situation. One thing that stood out to him more than anything that had been said so far.

The Dark Place.

Yes, the name alone raised quite a few questions. And somehow, this little rabbit was connected to it. Watching Wanda slip off into the kitchen, Toffee would put on a fake smile and slowly approached Usami before looking down at her.

xutb7hs.jpg

"Excuse me? Usami, was it? Sorry to be a bother, I know you must be quite busy with all your hard work and all, but could you tell me more about this 'Dark Place'?" Toffee asked her in the nicest tone that he could muster. She appeared to only be a little girl, so Goffee would have to be extra careful as to not startle her.

@Atomyk @Josh M @whoever

Last edited:
"Oh, honey," Wanda said, looking to Nancy, "dreams aren't real. But I am very glad you could make it anyway."

FN5hJwC.png

FIk4pHc.png

Saeko would step forward. "The food looks nice, Usami, it's not your fault. I ate before I came." She remained calm as she turned towards Wanda. "And Wanda, this is a nice party you're hosting."

This would hopefully defuse the situation in some way.

Wanda almost seemed to shift personalities as she moved to lead Nancy to a seat next to Black Panther.

Turning to T'challa, Wanda looked worried. "Make sure she eats. Poor thing needs energy."

FN5hJwC.png

FIk4pHc.png

"Stupid Rabbit. You saved our lives pratically. I hate your cooking not you!" Rant had moved over to give the Rabbit a friendly pounding over the head. "Get me a doughnut and I'll eat it."

View attachment 142490

Adam stared at Wanda, meeting her gaze with his own, but he soon conceded and grabbed some food and piling it on to his plate. "Of course, how rude of me to talk so ill of our gracious host. I apologize." He said tensely, deciding to move back to his talk with T'Challa.

"Yes, it would seem so. Though I feel that this 'family' of hers is not what it seems to be. Does she not already have a family of her own, if I recall correctly? And I am Teth Adam." He replied, his tone on equal footing with the Wakandan king. He gave the man a firm shake, having respect for any who leads a country as a king. "Wakanda is foreign to me. But your accent is very reminiscent of the african peoples. I am king of Khandaq. Though it does not take a wisdom of a god to know you have not heard of it either. I have found out already that we are of different worlds. But it is good to know that I sit with a fellow king, one chosen by his people to guide them into prosperity."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Atomyk @Otherpeeps

"The multiverse theory is something I am quite familiar with." He had after all traveled to other worlds in the past...and destroyed them to save his own. "You would assume correctly about my accent. Yours on the other hand, quite something to discern. A Northern African accent of some sort." This guessing game was a slight distraction and perhaps something to get the Scarlet Witch's attention away from them.​

"I see."

The Captain tool a seat next to the girl, fronwing as he starting to think. That was a lot of info to take, Looking the girl in the eye, Steve words would be kind.

Steve's word were short, but he meant it. The girl did have a reason to worry. Nothing was making sense.​

"Oh they're just running behind, your highness. You know how it is. Boys will be boys. They'll be here soon."

Giggling slightly, Wanda left to the kitchen, bringing in a hot batch of rolls. However once again, she stopped. A look of anger shot on her face.

"Rant and Teth Adam. I am not one to be a rude host, you two have been nothing but rude. Nothing but rudeness you two have shown me This is your last warning."

Wanda paused.

Or not. "I apologize for him. You understand the burdens kings have to see to their country and their people. His sudden upheaval and arrival to this fantastic gathering was just sudden. Don't take his words personally." Then T'Challa gave Black Adam a look that even with his mask on conveyed that pushing Wanda's buttons was not in their best interests. The fact that her family was arriving...perhaps finally some light would be shed on the situation.​

"Meaning of what, Kyoko? Usami's our the children's nanny. The children just love her."
A2mEbP2.png

"You're getting to the bottom of this, aren't you, Kyoko-san?" Nono whispers a question into Kyoko's ear.

Looks like this was the start of Nono's bizarre adventure.​

Of course the witch noticed as Shen and the others trying to leave. She'd locked the doors specifically for Shen, Toffee, and Rant earlier via magic. Wanda seemed to be hurt.

"I know what this is about. You're all worried about the food. What? You think it's poison? Why would I do such a thing?"

Turning to Usami, Wanda frowned. Her emotions seemed earnest.

"We worked hard on the meal, you know? Fresh ingredients were used. We picked what dishes to make after discussing different options for weeks! Poor Usami barely got any sleep! "

Moving to the table, Wanda but a portion of potatoes on a small plate and looked into Shen's eyes deeply. She ate it. Her eyes widened, before turning to Usami.

"Usami dear, a pinch more salt to add a zing. Good job, however. I'm impressed."

Looking at his food, Quicksilver took a bite of the roast.

"My sister is right. This food is safe. And it does need more salt. It's a little dry."

Looking at the nearby clock, Quicksilver turned to T'challa.

"The clock says 10:15."

Wanda paused.

FN5hJwC.png

FIk4pHc.png

The little rabbit shuddered as she tried to calm herself. "Uu... I'm just a special little rabbit. I'm Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami~!" She said it in a very cutesy manner and twirled. "Wanda's family really does exist! I babysit her children!" This got every Maximoff family member at the table to exchange surprised looks. Wanda paid them no heed as she left the dining room and into the kitchen.​
kirigiri_13.png

"I'll try to," Kyoko simply said to Nono in her best attempt at a reassuring tone, though admittedly, the young woman had her limitations as just a normal human against a reality bending witch. Still, she'd gotten people stronger than her to back down before, if not thanks to her standing, and Wanda Maximoff was supposed to be her friend after all.

She furrowed her brow when Usami answered her question in a strange manner. A... nanny for Wanda's children? The only children of Wanda that Kyoko was aware of were Billy and Tommy, and they didn't exactly seem like the type of people who still needed nannies. Before she could even press on any further, however, she gave pause at Wanda's change in personality, as though she were a standard Annie Wilkes at this point, preventing any further people from leaving, evidently turned off by the strange turn of events. Powerless without further clues, Kyoko simply remained where she was for the time being, observing Wanda and Usami, the latter's existence still an anomaly, as they expressed concerns over the cooking, and the strange feeling of being held hostage, a classic Misery. It was admittedly unnerving to a degree, watching Wanda go from casually threatening the likes of Black Adam and Rant, even if they turned out to be more bark than bite, to being courteous enough to offering tea to everyone, just as quickly unlocking the doors for all, and then leaving.

Deciding to play along for the time being with whatever strange game was being played here, Kyoko cleared her throat. "Sorry, Usami. It's just been a while since I'd last seen you, I was quite surprised. Bright Falls was... quite a trip, wasn't it?" She said, faking her way as best as she could over the thin ice she was treading, "How long have you been a nanny anyway?"

@Atomyk @Crow @Josh M @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Everybody

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Noise. All the offers for help, all the concern...it was all just noise to Noembelu. She still felt detatched from herself, as if the world around her had become a seperate reality. The hand on her back brought her back, and she looked around. "I...I..." She couldn't think if anything to say. She couldn't really even think. All she could do was sense. Stares. Concern. Fear. And it was all because of her. Noembelu never had outbursts like this. Noembelu was strong. Noembelu never showed fear, or worry, or sadness. Noembelu...

Noembelu needed to get out of here.

She burst out into a run, making a mad dash out of the room. She didn't care where she ran, but if uninterrupted, she would end up in the abandoned ballroom.

kirigiri_20.png

"Things change, but sometimes, people never change," Kyoko simply said on that matter.​

kirigiri_9.png

"!"

All Kyoko would do was gasp when the eerily familiar rabbit appeared before everyone, stunned in her seat as Usami strolled in as though nothing was wrong, all the while Noembelu's shocked reaction almost seemed to subconsciously keep her in a state of shock for a few additional seconds.

Kyoko had always been accustomed to Monokuma showing up everywhere across the multiversal incidents, but Usami was... a special anomaly, as far as the detective was concerned. Especially if she were associated with Wanda Maximoff. Could this just happen to be another Usami from another universe, or...

"Usami, what are you... I thought the Dark Place...?" Kyoko could only say, stammering over her words in a rare display as this came as an honest surprise that she honestly didn't see coming at all. Something was definitely wrong here, and the idea that Wanda was a cause only made Kyoko more and more tense. She hardly even noticed Nono's question, or Noembelu fleeing the scene, too taken aback by it all.

By instinct, she snapped her head over in Wanda's direction, an urgent expression on her face. "Wanda... What's the meaning of this?"

@Josh M @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Meaning of what, Kyoko? Usami's our the children's nanny. The children just love her."

Captain America stood up after Noemblu, turning to Wanda.

"Excuse me, Wanda. I'll check on her. If that's okay?"

"Of course, Captain."

Walking outside, Steve moved toward the girl, tracking her down.

"Hey. You need an ear to listen?"

The Avenger team members looked at each other for a time as Wanda almost seemed to be studying the King. After some time she said, "The time? It's time for you to eat, your highness."

56e1b9e234dfc.jpg

Wanda kept an eye on Black Adam as her look became angrier. Suddenly slamming her hand on the table, she looked at him with rage. In a soft tone, she confronted him:

"You're a very rude guest, Teth Adam. You won't eat my food, you cause fights, and you don't have the common courtesy to talk about me behind my back, you just rudely do it to my face. Like I can't hear."

Wanda leaned closer to him.

"Now eat and be merry."

Znock5z.png

"You're right about that, Mason... maybe Morikubo should learn more about MadokaP. Even my project-mate Mirei is starting to warm up to her. Morikubo still remembers when Mirei really hated MadokaP's guts... good times."

Nono thought for a bit.

"MadokaP does produce some really lovely idols, so I guess it does make sense that she isn't as intimidating as she looks. It's really hard to look at idols like Kaoru or Nina and think that they have the world's scariest producer... those two really respect MadokaP too... they see her as a teacher and a parental figure respectively..."

A2mEbP2.png

"You're getting to the bottom of this, aren't you, Kyoko-san?" Nono whispers a question into Kyoko's ear.

Looks like this was the start of Nono's bizarre adventure.

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Josh M @Atomyk @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @etcetcetc

"Wait!"

Of course the witch noticed as Shen and the others trying to leave. She'd locked the doors specifically for Shen, Toffee, and Rant earlier via magic. Wanda seemed to be hurt.

"I know what this is about. You're all worried about the food. What? You think it's poison? Why would I do such a thing?"

Turning to Usami, Wanda frowned. Her emotions seemed earnest.

"We worked hard on the meal, you know? Fresh ingredients were used. We picked what dishes to make after discussing different options for weeks! Poor Usami barely got any sleep! "

Moving to the table, Wanda but a portion of potatoes on a small plate and looked into Shen's eyes deeply. She ate it. Her eyes widened, before turning to Usami.

"Usami dear, a pinch more salt to add a zing. Good job, however. I'm impressed."

Looking at his food, Quicksilver took a bite of the roast.

"My sister is right. This food is safe. And it does need more salt. It's a little dry."

Looking at the nearby clock, Quicksilver turned to T'challa.

"The clock says 10:15."

Noembelu let out a sob, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't know what's going on. But this is bad. We can't leave...I don't know where Honda is..." You're being weak. Stop crying. Who the Hell are you? You can't be Little Eagle. She's dead, remember? You remember her, the last time she cried. Remember? You were there. She couldn't stop crying. She didn't know why all this emotion was coming up. It was all so overwhelming. Before, in her Murder Game, she was told beforehand about what would happen, and given a choice. There was no choice here. All she did was think, "I'd like to go," when she saw the invitation. Was that all needed? She felt so powerless now, the illusion of control when a Traitor gone.​

"I see."

The Captain took a seat next to the girl, frowning as he started to think. That was a lot of info to take in. Looking the girl in the eye, Steve words would be kind.

Steve's words were short, but he meant it. The girl did have a reason to worry. Nothing was making sense.​

"Oh, they're just running behind, your highness. You know how it is. Boys will be boys. They'll be here soon."

Giggling slightly, Wanda went to the kitchen, later bringing in a hot batch of rolls. However once again, she stopped. A look of anger shot up on her face.

"Rant and Teth Adam. I am not one to be a rude host, but you two have been nothing but rude. Nothing but rudeness you two have shown me! This is your last warning."

Wanda paused.

"Would anyone care for iced tea? I going to bring some in."

FN5hJwC.png

FIk4pHc.png

Mason wished to leap from his seat and check on Noemblu in the ballroom, but Wanda's sudden outbursts of anger and shifts in personality kept him glued to his seat. He forced his face to remain cheery, but his heart began to feel fear. He knew that Wanda could be scary when upset, but she was getting too upset.

"If this is a normal party, why not just boot out the rude guests? Especially if you're a reality-altering witch. Why would she keep Rant and Teth Adam here?" Mason thought to himself. He glanced over at Kyoko, wondering if she was thinking the same thing.

Mason had done his best to trust this party and remain optimistic, but he was beginning to doubt his host. He couldn't afford to show it though. If something was afoot, then playing along with the party would keep him the safest. He began eating the mushroom soup, watching his manners as best as he could with barely being taught etiquette.

kirigiri_13.png

"I'll try to," Kyoko simply said to Nono in her best attempt at a reassuring tone, though admittedly, the young woman had her limitations as just a normal human against a reality bending witch. Still, she'd gotten people stronger than her to back down before, if not thanks to her standing, and Wanda Maximoff was supposed to be her friend after all.

She furrowed her brow when Usami answered her question in a strange manner. A... nanny for Wanda's children? The only children of Wanda that Kyoko was aware of were Billy and Tommy, and they didn't exactly seem like the type of people who still needed nannies. Before she could even press on any further, however, she gave pause at Wanda's change in personality, as though she were a standard Annie Wilkes at this point, preventing any further people from leaving, evidently turned off by the strange turn of events. Powerless without further clues, Kyoko simply remained where she was for the time being, observing Wanda and Usami, the latter's existence still an anomaly, as they expressed concerns over the cooking, and the strange feeling of being held hostage, a classic Misery. It was admittedly unnerving to a degree, watching Wanda go from casually threatening the likes of Black Adam and Rant, even if they turned out to be more bark than bite, to being courteous enough to offering tea to everyone, just as quickly unlocking the doors for all, and then leaving.

Deciding to play along for the time being with whatever strange game was being played here, Kyoko cleared her throat. "Sorry, Usami. It's just been a while since I'd last seen you, I was quite surprised. Bright Falls was... quite a trip, wasn't it?" She said, faking her way as best as she could over the thin ice she was treading, "How long have you been a nanny anyway?"

@Atomyk @Crow @Josh M @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Everybody

"Kirigiri must be playing along as well," he thought, "getting more information. Just don't press too much, Kyoko."

Turning his head, Mason notices his brother had a startling lack of reaction to the events unfolding before the group. People were panicking and yelling, and Leon's face remained blank and his voice quiet.

"Hey, Leon! Mason to Leon, come in Leon. What's going on up there?" Mason said while poking his brother in the shoulder, "You're a little quiet."

@Atomyk @Crow @Josh M @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Verite

Leon was in deep thought about things, mainly due to the weird feeling of negative energy in the room. He would try to sense where the source is coming from, but unfortunately, he was low on aura due to the search mission he returned from before arriving at the assumed party.​

"Kirigiri must be playing along as well," he thought, "getting more information. Just don't press too much, Kyoko."

Turning his head, Mason notices his brother had a startling lack of reaction to the events unfolding before the group. People were panicking and yelling, and Leon's face remained blank and his voice quiet.

"Hey, Leon! Mason to Leon, come in Leon. What's going on up there?" Mason said while poking his brother in the shoulder, "You're a little quiet."

He snapped back to reality when he felt Mason poke him on the shoulder. "Huh? What? oh.. Sorry Mase, got lost in my train of thoughts." It's rare for him to zone out like that, but Leon is human after all. "What I missed?" He asked, then whispered to his brother. "Something doesn't seem right, but I can't tell what it is. So my best advice is to stay on your toes"
@Mason Moretti

Continued from here.

Teddy grimaced as Rant's mishandling of the piano created a cacophony of noise that echoed from the ballroom and out into the waiting room. Teddy could feel a chill as if a wind was picking up. It passed down the hallway, through the waiting room, and down the opposite hallway. Noembelu felt the wind just as someone appeared at the end of the East hallway. The individual was a woman and she wore an unmistakable scarlet robe.

MAxuXcK.png

She passed by Noembelu without a word, moving into the waiting room where she had to step down a flight of stairs to reach the guests. It was clear to everyone then that it was the woman of the hour, Wanda Maximoff.

"Welcome, everyone! I'm glad to see you all got my letters! Look at all of you! Come to the dining room."

As she spoke, the woman seemed well-adjusted. With a smile on her face, Wanda motioned for everyone to follow her back up the stairs and down the East hallway. However, some people weren't willing to wait for answers.

"Sister! What in hell--"

"Just get inside, Pietro!"

Wanda composed herself but glanced upon the guests with a look of grim seriousness.

Billy quickly made his way toward Wanda, a look of concern on his face. "Wanda..." He barely got a word out, however, when he spotted the look she was shooting Pietro. Billy didn't want Wanda to snap, after all. Perhaps it would have been best to at least see what Wanda had prepared before peppering her with questions.

The witch did not look at Billy or Tommy, nor did she acknowledge their existence.

In any case, Wanda seemed intent on moving the group out of the waiting room despite whatever questions or reservations they had. With the choice to either wait some more or follow. It wasn't much of a choice. Teddy made sure to escort Nancy so that she could walk on her sprained ankle.

Still trying to be calm, the witch's hand shook as she pointed to the door at the end of the hallway. "Get inside the dining room, Brother. All will be explained. That goes for everyone. Please." Those who followed would find themselves led down a spacious corridor, all the way to a fancy dining room.

A7MFrsD.jpg

"More of you came than I had... expected."

With a flourish of her hand, Wanda expanded the room's size and added a second dining table, enough to fit all the guests. Teddy helped Nancy into one of the chairs and moved to look out one of the open windows, but Wanda closed the curtains with a wave of her hand. "It's getting late and the natural lighting suits this room better."

Josephine stepped into the room, followed by Captain America and Pietro. Noticing the same flowers from earlier in one of the vases, Josephine lightly brought up the subject.

"So, Wanda, I can't help but notice your interesting choice of flower. I have never seen them before. May I ask what they are?"

Sitting at the head of one of the tables, Wanda smiled at Josephine and was more than happy to respond.

"They are the Wundagore Everbloom. A very rare flower that can only be grown in the shadow-passes of the Wundagore Mountains. The family and I... we went to fetch them, just for you all. It adds a personal touch."

Billy exchanged a confused glance with Tommy, who sat opposite of him, but the silver-haired boy only shrugged. Wanda continued, never breaking her smile.

"I remember that my teacher, Agatha, and I would go to the nearby airport and watch the foolish tourists buy them from local dealers. Most of them weren't real. Just dyed roses. Everyone wanted to see if the legend was true."

"Wait, you made no mention of a legend. I'm curious to know, what is it?"

Wanda suddenly froze, frowning.

"... Forget it."

It didn't seem wise to push that particular subject further. "I'm sure you have many questions for me," Wanda said. "But do keep in mind that your food will be ready very soon! I've prepared a feast for all of us."

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @CataclysmicMandala @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore

giphy.gif

"Ah, well, I do hope damn fine coffee and a killer cherry pie is on the menu!" Dale grins widely with a laugh, the entire scenario reminded him of Twin Peaks. Although the place was more larger than the average household in Twin Peaks. Dale stopped to shake Wanda's hand rather happily. "I'm more than surprised to actually see you here, Miss Wanda! I remember coming o-..." Dale remembers not to speak about the Black Lodge with people who were not involved in the investigation, and thus quickly stops himself. "...ut of the woods and seeing you! Rather a random surprise, if I do say so myself. It's rather great to see you here alive and well! But I do have to ask... Why give me - Us - an invitation to see your family? Not to say I wouldn't want to! I'm more than happy to meet them!"​

giphy.gif

"Ah, well, I do hope damn fine coffee and a killer cherry pie is on the menu!" Dale grins widely with a laugh, the entire scenario reminded him of Twin Peaks. Although the place was more larger than the average household in Twin Peaks. Dale stopped to shake Wanda's hand rather happily. "I'm more than surprised to actually see you here, Miss Wanda! I remember coming o-..." Dale remembers not to speak about the Black Lodge with people who were not involved in the investigation, and thus quickly stops himself. "...ut of the woods and seeing you! Rather a random surprise, if I do say so myself. It's rather great to see you here alive and well! But I do have to ask... Why give me - Us - an invitation to see your family? Not to say I wouldn't want to! I'm more than happy to meet them!"​
nHaOo6B.jpg

"That's question that's on all our minds, it seems." Toffee said before offering to shake Dale's hand. "I must not have noticed you before. My name is Toffee. And you are..?"

nHaOo6B.jpg

"That's question that's on all our minds, it seems." Toffee said before offering to shake Dale's hand. "I must not have noticed you before. My name is Toffee. And you are..?"

Dale firmly grips Toffee's hand, ecstatic yet polite with his pleasantry. "Agent Dale Cooper! FBI. Pleasure to meet you Mr... Toffee." He wasn't rather weirded out by the name, but more so for how he looks... Like a dragon. Prim and proper dragon. Granted he's seen strange things in the Black Lodge and experienced rather strange events before Laura Palmer.​

She seemed just as odd and out of place as she did the day she saved his life. Six believed seeing her would prompt a need to introduce himself and thank her, but instead her felt alert. He watched among the guests as he did before, analyzing the situation. She and her weird companion seemed desperate to get everyone to stay in the dining room, and eat. It would've been easy to chalk it up to proper hospitality. But she was ignoring questions, avoiding conversations with a few individuals.

"I'm good," he replied when asked. He then turned his attention to the shift in faces and hidden mixed emotions on certain faces at the announcement of Wanda having children. From previous information gathered in his earlier eavesdrop, the only two children most knew of were the other two he'd seen earlier. And they seemed like anything but people who needed a sitter. Six's helmet stood still as stone whilst his eyes traced Wanda out of the room until he needed his motion tracker to do the work. He didn't like it. Any of it.

The near seven foot tall Spartan would wonder again and stand by the largest crowd in the room. For now it would be best he actually mingle and get in touch with some of the guests. Many of them seemed to posses extraordinary abilities and skills. If something were to go wrong, it'd be best they all be on each other's good side to defend themselves.

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Josh M @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti

"The multiverse theory is something I am quite familiar with." He had after all traveled to other worlds in the past...and destroyed them to save his own. "You would assume correctly about my accent. Yours on the other hand, quite something to discern. A Northern African accent of some sort." This guessing game was a slight distraction and perhaps something to get the Scarlet Witch's attention away from them.​

Or not. "I apologize for him. You understand the burdens kings have to see to their country and their people. His sudden upheaval and arrival to this fantastic gathering was just sudden. Don't take his words personally." Then T'Challa gave Black Adam a look that even with his mask on conveyed that pushing Wanda's buttons was not in their best interests. The fact that her family was arriving...perhaps finally some light would be shed on the situation.​

Ree.PNG
"Your assumptions is correct. Khandaq's borders lie beside Egypt and Jordan, so our cultures are not so different. In fact, my power stems from the Egyptian gods. Their strength is my own in this form. Something that I had recieved more than a millennia ago." Adam said, giving his fellow monarch a nod. He understood that he had to keep it down for now and backing off from any confrontation with Wanda. He knew he could not take her as his strength was raw power as opposed to the reality warping powers of the Witch. "I am Khandaq's champion and leader. I protect my people with the best of my ability, it is the duty of a king after all." He shook his head, "That is why I acted the way I did. My people need me, and I had not made the necessary arrangements for my absence. The invitation was quiet...immediate."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

Status
Not open for further replies.