Hostage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole laughed a bit. "I don't know, I wouldn't hurt the girl I love."

Zora glared. "Sure, whatever but Jae is right. This had nothing to do with the case now."

Cole looked back at Alex. "What's wrong with you?"

"N-nothing." he glanced at Cole..wait...no. He was looking past Cole.

Jae looked up, meeting Alex's gaze. Both shuddered and looked down.

Cole's smirk faded. "Are you telling me you're not going to answer." He didn't seem happy about that. "You'd be wise to answer, Alex."

Zora didn't know what was going on anymore but at least they weren't focused on her anymore. She looked at Jae, she took Jae's hand.

Jae gripped Zora's hand gently, but firmly.

Alex didn't answer Cole for a moment. "I don't have to answer any of your questions." he said shakily.

The judge looked curiously between the two groups, but decided not to react yet. Yet.

Cole frowned. "What did you say? You don't have to answer any of my questions. I'm the boss here, you're going to do what I say. Now tell me!" His voice was getting louder.

Zora thought for a moment, she didn't know what secret Alex had but perhaps this fight they seemed to be getting into would be in her and her friends favor. Maybe, what he was hiding would help them too.

Alex flinched, but made no other move. "No."
Anarchy's eyes widened. "What??" she hissed.

Jae sighed softly at Alex's no.

Cole was furious. "What?! Is it really that bad that you need to keep it from us. Just tell us!" He just wanted to grab him and slap him around but he knew others were watching.

Zora grabbed Jae more tightly. She wanted to know what it was now. It might just help them. She breathed out. "Is it good or bad?" She said as she looked at Alex.

Jae sighed. "G-good for us..and f-for Alex...b-bad for Anarchy..who doesn't remember it.." She said, shaking.

Alex looked up and glared at Anarchy. "No." he repeated.
Anarchy blinked a moment. "What?"
Alex shook his head.

Zora continued to look at Alex. "If it's bad for the others, please tell us."

Cole said nothing, he was still angry that Alex refused to listen to him.

Jae sighed. "Do you want Alex following us like a lost puppy?" she asked quietly.

Alex seemed to be a little more confident as he looked up at the judge, however, still silent. He then looked at Jae, as if asking permission.
Anarchy gripped the edge of the table, biting her tongue.

Zora thought for a moment, it probably wouldn't be good to have Alex follow them but if it was in their favor it might help. "Just tell it."

Cole listened, he wanted to know what it was that Alex couldn't say when he asked him.

Jae looked at Alex and nodded with a soft sigh.

Alex took a deep breath. "A little over two years ago, before Anarchy and I joined Cole, we found Jae. She was with her foster family. We..though it would be nice to have a little fun, and offered to babysit her. Her foster parents agreed. We took care of her...and when she went to sleep, Anarchy suggested we jump her parents.

Jae interrupted. "Alex wouldn't do it..they thought I was asleep. I heard them talking about it. Alex threatened to call the police, and Anarchy still did it. She killed them in the process...because they crashed into the house. The engine exploded, killing them, knocking Anarchy out, and catching the house on fire. Alex...saved my life. He took Anarchy to the hospital.."

"She remembered none of it." Alex continued. "She met Cole days after she left the hospital, and we all became friends..."

Throughout the story, both kept their eyes on the table in front off them. Now, they were silent.

Zora held onto Jae's hand. "That--that's terrible." She glanced over to Alex, then looked down. "Thank you Alex, for saving Jae. If you didn't she wouldn't be my new younger sister." She began to say.

Cole sighed. "That's it, really?" It seemed he had no heart to any other people and didn't care about what was now going on.

Alex sighed. "That's not it.." He said quietly.

Jae nodded in agreement, shivering slightly. She felt cold. "When Cole attacked.."

"I tried not to hurt anyone. I kept Anarchy from hurting Jae too much..I didn't point a gun at anyone."
Anarchy couldn't stifle a small laugh. "See where that got you?" she hissed. She obviously didn't care what happened to her now.
Alex winced. His knees where still weak.

Zora shook her head at Anarchy. "It gets him in a better spot than you and Cole. He may still be in trouble but less than you two."

Cole laughed. "I don't really care."

Jae sighed softly, but smiled a little at the thought.

Alex looked up at the judge, who was thinking.
Anarchy glared at Zora.

Zora stuck her tongue out at Anarchy.

Cole just seemed to continue laughing. "What an interesting turn of events though, I have to admit that."

Anarchy rolled her eyes.

Alex looked at Cole, slight fear in his eyes.

Jae cleared her throat.

"At this, we will take a short intermision." The judge said, looking at the crowd. "We have heard the accusations' statements, and we will be back in 5 minutes to hear the defenses' statements."

Cole looked back at Alex. "Well, look at you. That's interesting." He smirked.

Zora still held onto Jae's hand. "Everything will work out..I know it will."

Jae kept hold of Zora's hand and rested her other arm on the table, her head on her arm.

Alex frowned and looked away, looking down at his feet, silent.
Anarchy tore her gaze away and instead looked at Cole. She sighed.

Status
Not open for further replies.