Horoscope High

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
One of the last stops the bus made was at Irving Carter's house, a red brick ranch with butterfly decals on the windows and toys strewn on the lawn. Inside, Irving, or Irv as he preferred it, was busy making sandwiches for his four younger siblings, all of them swarming around him like hungry kittens. Irv was not the oldest by a long shot, but he was the oldest still living at home, and so he was stuck playing babysitter to his little sisters and brother.

All of them were different signs. His parents were an eccentric couple, and had apparently made it their life goal to have one child per sign of the zodiac, in the proper order; Irv was the seventh eldest. Although right now he felt like more like a parent than an older brother- he had no idea where his mother and father had ambled off to. It irked him. Here he was, supposed to be getting ready for the field trip, instead preparing his siblings for school -something his parents should have taken care of- and glancing at the clock every two seconds or so. It wasn't fair.

Tn minutes later, after the kids were off to their bus stops and he had the house to himself, Irv really got cooking. He sprinted upstairs, tossed his pre-packed bag over his shoulders and glanced around the room, feeling as though he'd forgotten something ... But of course, he hadn't. So, wasting no time, the Libra ran back downstairs, wrote a quick note to his parents and jogged out the door just in time to see the bus pulling up in front of the sidewalk.

A quick wave to the bus driver and Irv was in. He grinned at his teachers, at Aiden and Hazel sitting together near the front, at the other Zodiacs coupled in pairs spaced randomly throughout the rest of the bus, and finally, at his good friend Max, who shared a seat with Leo. Irv planted himself in an adjacent seat and tossed the two a little wave. "What's going on, guys?"

Max smiled gratefully at the Libra. "Umm... just showing Leo some of my drawings. You know. The moth." Max replied with a smile starting to sketch the cat like boy, "He wanted me to draw him so that's what I'm going to do."
She blushed again as Kurt crawled over to Irv and sat on his knee. "Kurt says hi." Max said for her pet nervously playing with a chunk of her hair exposing her horn but quickly hiding it.
She felt so pathetic at the moment having crushes on guys, but not having the skills to date them. Above Mason's crush level was Irvings. The kid was always so nice to her, and his siblings loved her.
"Hows your family?" she asked with a smile.

((Double posting for second Character))

Tyler chuckled as the bus sat outside his house waiting for him. As usual he was running late. He quickly filled his suitcase with what ever he thought he needed and ran out the door. The hand buzzer in his pocket ready for the next sucker. He wondered if his sister was going, and if their dad was still beating on her.

As he stepped on the bus he rubbed his one horn with a hand before smirking at the teachers who all sighed as he stepped on.

"Hey! Max!" he yelled back to his sister who was sitting with two guys, and he saw her face go horrified.
When he got there he flopped next to Irv and pulled out his flask before taking a huge swig. "Pops still beating on you?" he asked before switching to an empty seat and almost instantly passing out.

~Max~
Max eyes widened knowing everyone heard that. She shook looking at Irv than Leo. "Oh... I'm so sorry... I didn't think he was coming...."

Irving nodded and smiled, remembering the moth drawing Max had shown him before. She was really talented -way more so than he'd ever be, at least-, even though he knew she would never believe it. The Libra gave Leo a mischievous grin. "Maybe if you pay her, she'll even draw bows in your mane, lion boy," He joked, knowing that Leo would take it well- the two boys seemed to have a similar brand of humor. "I bet that would make you a little prettier."

A familiar scratching on his knee drew Irv's attention, and, lo-and-behold, it was none other than the talking ferret, Kurt. Or at least, Max said he talked- Irv was never too good with animals, so he was deaf to any intelligent noises they made. The Libra scratched Kurt on the back of his neck, near the shoulders, offering his arm to climb up while simultaneously answering Max's friendly inquiry. "They're doing fine, thanks. Although the Mr. and Mrs. have gone missing again," He sighed, running his free hand through his short blonde curls. "I just hope they're back before the kids get home from school."

Irv watched Max's hand scratch across the paper. "How are you, Max? Leo?" He glanced down, and added courteously, "And Kurt? Are you all pumped for this trip?"

Before anyone could answer, Tyler stepped onto the bus. Tyler. Though he would never admit or show it, Irv hated Tyler. With a fiery passion. The was he treated his sister, the way he managed himself ... It was all just hideous. The Aries blurted something entirely inappropriate before collapsing in an empty seat, smelling strongly of alcohol. Irv gave Max a concerned look, and assured her, "Nah, he's cool. Are you alright?"

Max smiled faintly pulling herself back together. "Yeah... we're going to be at the beach why wouldn't Kurt be happy?" she said continuing to draw Leo already out of mere reflexes. It gotten to the point where she didn't need to look to draw anymore. "I've got my camera to." She offered with a faint giggle looking at the Libra fondly.

"I bet you anything you'll have another sibling again." Max said looking back to the drawing, "You know if anything I could baby-sit for you guys. Just get me some large water color supplies."

She was hoping in the worst way he would say yes to the baby sitting. she loved kids. They loved a person unconditionally no matter what when they were younger. Something a person should keep but instead grow out of which didn't make any sense to Max.

Max had for the most part bypassed the question about her trying to not bring attention to herself. When she shifted in her seat so she wouldn't have to smell her brother. Max winced at her stomach just about falling before she could open the window.

Her typing continued until she realized Mason had sat down beside her. Her body stiffened and even hugged towards the window. He wasn't a disease. Heavens no. He was worse. Naturally, the Pisces were an enemy. She softened and even fell limp as she relaxed. She knew why he was there. Honey eyes fell to look upon her laptop. She sighed and even put it away. Kalydri refused to pull out her sketch pad. The conversation in front of her was all over that, already. Writing was more of her passion anyway. Well... Besides flirting. What was she to do in the time being? Hell, she wasn't even sure if this boy was going to move back to his seat or stay put.Her body sunk into the seat out of boredom.

He looked over at the guy who had offered so much. It may not generally seem much to people but to him it was a lot. He wanted to smile. Aiden knew it would brighten up the mood between them. At least he hoped. It was no good. The sides of his lips wouldn't even twitch. He sighed and just answered her. "Yeah. I am." That was all he could say. How pathetic.

His eyes watched a few individulas rampage on the bus. Of course they had their sights set already on a destination. They rushed past him and of course to the back. Aiden's eyes just followed. The way they acted was a normal thing for them probably. Luckily they already had friends. Real friends. His eyes saw Kalydri behind them. She had friends. They just weren't zodiacs. Poor Kaly. All she had was... "Mason?" He snickered as he knew how things were about to play out. His mind wandered a bit then looked back at Hazel. He ran his fingers through his light brown hair worried this conversation was going to flop.

"I honestly can not wait for this. The beach waters. The salty air. The white sands." Aiden paused. He knew Kalydri would know what do to if a handsome man stopped in front of her. Yet, Aiden couldn't do anything Kaly could. Especially to the gorgeous female beside him. The snickering turned to low chuckles that could only be heard by him and Hazel. Aidens eyes softened along with his body. A smile cracked on his face and it all was all directed to Miss Hazel. He couldn't just say 'and you.' It was too cliche. He wanted a real friend after all. Not the fake ones he knew he had. He wanted Hazel to be his first real friend. "I'm really glad to be going on this trip. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. Don't you think?" He finished off nicely even though it was a very rusty start.

Kalydri watched the rowdy boys hop on the bus and land their spaceship right in front of her. These people were compatible with her. Why did they irritate her so with in just seconds. Maybe enemies then friends? No telling. On the other hand, right beside her was a zodiac that was supposed to be an enemy. Gemini. Such a evil zodiac. Sure... They may have their good side but once they are angered or annoyed... The good times are over. Her eyes flared as miss good Gemini was no more at this moment. Earlier on the bus she fought back... but why now? It was useless for even trying. Her body leaned over on Mason a bit as a coy smile melted on her face. This enemy could still be useful and maybe even help with a little fun. Her lips closed in on his ear as she began to whisper. "Mind splashing water on that bunch?" She added a little wink knowing eventually they would annoy him too if her typing did indeed do so.

Mason sighed when the bus stopped and they reached their destination. He'd been waiting all day for the chance to go in the water and now he finally could. When Kalydri leaned over and wispered in his ear about wetting the rest of the people on the bus he was unshure about it all. I mean yes it would be funny to do so but at the same time it was the first day and he didn't want drama.

Max sighed softly watching Leo excitedly run off the bus. She had so called it, but Irv was still there. She winced again making sure her Sarong was tied tight around her swimsuit top so nobody could see the busing. "Guess I'll finish drawing him later..." she said putting her art supplies in her little back pack before trying to stand up again.
When she looked over at Irving she smiled at him before forgetting about the bruise on her leg from getting pulled out of bed, and fell against his chest.
"Oh... I'm so sorry!" she gasped trying to move.

Kalydri sighed in disappointment. "Of course not..." She crawled over him and grabbed her and Aiden's bag then walked towards the front. She placed his bag behind the seat he was in then knelled to smile at the two. "Your bag is in the seat behind you."

"Thanks Kaly." He went back to focus on Hazel.

Kaly walked off then bus and hovered her hand over her eyes as if it was a visor. The place was beautiful. Hopefully some good will come out of this. People are just no fun anymore. She walked off looking for the place they'd be staying.

After Aiden's frosty response, the Virgo's knees curled up to her chest. She folded her arms over them and rested her chin, angling sideways to give him one searching stare with disappointed golden eyes. Now Hazel knew, without a doubt, that she should have left poor Aiden alone; he clearly did not enjoy her company. She had been silly in asking him to sit with her- being a gentleman and being a friend were two very different things, and judging by his cold reply, Aiden was only interested in the former.

For the next few minutes, the winged girl allowed herself to doze. The gentle rocking of the bus partnered with her weary eyelids made it easy to slip away from reality, drifting closer and closer to sleep. Golden eyes had closed for just a second too many when Aiden's voice brought them snapping open. He was saying something about water and a beach ... Oh, that's right. I asked him about the trip.

Hazel listened politely, inwardly smiling; he was talking. To her. Some of her self-doubt slipped away as he described his excitement, even while she knew he was trying to be nice and that was all. The Virgo responded softly. "Well, I'm not sure exactly. I've only ever been camping in my backyard, so I'm a little nervous." A slight pause; the girl remembered all those violent nights when she had slipped away to the yard and had grown flowers to cure her terror. "But I do love nature, so I guess it can't be that bad, right?"

Before Aiden could respond, the bus came to a rumbling halt. Teachers and students alike shot up, aching to get off of the hot, crowded bus, but Hazel remained seated until all of the people in front of her had filed out. Only then did she scoop up her bag and grin at Aiden. Finally. They were here.

--------

As a Libra, Irving knew when someone was concealing the truth, and as he listened to Max his gut squirmed with intuition. She was leaving something out, he just knew it- but instead of harassing her about it, Irv decided to let it slide. Max was one of those people who had layer upon layer of insecurity and secrets, and she would never admit to anything if her confronted her so openly. Irv sighed and gave a her a reassuring smile. Maybe one day.

The bus came to a stop, and immediately Leo darted out of his seat and out into the open. Irving was just about to follow suit when Max sort of fell on him; he smiled and gently lifted her to her feet, although the sensation of her so close to him hadn't been so bad. He kept one arm around her waist to steady her. "Ready?"

Max smiled nodding as she grabbed the Libra's arm and some of his stuff before pulling him off the bus. She knew that look in his eye meant he knew she was hiding something but for the time being she had a camera, and a beach to explore with plenty of woods. "I always forget how much of a bull I am til I realize how much I carried." Max said with a blush setting some of the bags down that were Irv's.
"What do you want to do first?" she asked bouncing slightly as the teachers toke a sort of role call and told them the limits of the campground, "Unless you want to go explore with some of your other friends that's okay to. I'll probably be in the nearest tree drawing, or something."
She rubbed the toe of her foot into the dirt out of habit trying not to look like a love drunk puppy with a big fat crush on her best friend. Although she was scared to date. All men had really ever done was hurt her.
"You just go do what ever I've got to take care of brother. He's probably out cold..." Max said softly with a faked smile trying to reassure her friend it was okay to go. She ran back onto the bus before Irving could say anything and walked over to her brother still passed out in his seat.
She sighed before picking him up like a sack of potatoes and his stuff walking him off the bus making sure his head bumped the side of the bus before she got out. She quickly than grabbed her stuff from where it sat and smiled at Irving before walking over to some tents that had been pitched already and threw her brother in one.
"You little..." she said sitting outside the tent in front of tree suddenly feeling very overwhelmed silently praying no one saw.

He witnessed the sadness still in her. Rude as it may have been... Aiden's excitement that was very rarely shown exposed itself. He ignored the teachers and even stood while they had spoke. He swung his bag over his shoulder then grabbed the winged girl's luggage in one hand. He smiled down at her. He knew how people thought of him. Aiden also knew how people saw Kaly. They were quite the same thoughts. He wanted to finally break these ridiculous and hurtful thoughts.

First step to getting this girl to become my friend. Show her the me Kaly sees.

"Come on, Hazel." Within an instant of silence, he grabbed the girls hand and pulled her to her feet. They weaved through the seats with no problem and off the bus. He was there just in case she fell. He was there for if someone picked on her. Aiden was now there for Hazel. He smiled and acted like a kid. He wanted Hazel to have a good time as he did. Maybe a bit selfish of him. Maybe a bit too helpful from him. No matter what it was. No matter where these emotions that had been locked away from others, they were about to show to the suface. Aquarius needed to show his true self to someone else besides his cousin.

Aiden was ready to even get hurt. As long as the people on this trip were happy, nothing else mattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A teacher looked out the bus as Kalydri walked off. "We haven't done role call Miss Friest." She turned around and gave her smile. Within an instant the woman, walked back in and checked Kalydri present. She rolled her eyes and continued walking. Teachers or not... Here they had no control over her. She was free.

Her white hair fought for release. Placing her duffle to the ground, her hands pulled the hair ties out, slipping them on her wrist. As her hair fell free it wisped in the ocean breeze. No matter who didn't agree, she was determined to make this the best trip ever. Even if she had to throw herself at these people's face to make them realize she was there. Her honey eyes looked around seeing a camp site in the distance. On the other hand there was also the beach.

Her tan skin brighted as the sun blazed over her. Her feet sunk into the sand as she walked. She tossed her duffle bag to the side and began to pull off her shirt. A cream colored one piece bathsuit revealed it self. It was a one piece but had its own classy yet urban feel to it. Her skin still showed to the world as if had been a presentable two piece. Without any care in the world she ran into the water with the waves crashing against her legs. She dove the rest in as it reached to her waist. A bit chilly but relaxing.

Leo got off the bus with his duffel bag slung over his shoulder, looking up at the bright blue sky with a wide grin gracing his lips. He loved being in warm places, and today was just warm enough for him to relax in. "Have fun, guys!" he called over his shoulder, walking passed one of the teachers on his way to a nearby broken tree. As he passed her, he tapped her shoulder to let her know he had arrived safely, and then set his bag down at the foot of the tree, tail twitching behind him. Grinning still, Leo flattened his ears in his mane-like hair to protect them and sprung into the tree, quickly climbing to the highest branch that would take his weight. Done so, he flattened out and yawned softly, basking in the dappled sunlight that still reached his body. Even though he gave off the appearance of dozing, his senses were all alert; he enjoyed his time relaxing, but should he hear anything (from danger to calls for help to the shy girl Max being put on the spot), he would come down from the tree faster than if he'd fell. Despite the fact he talked little with them, he did talk to all of them, and they were all his friends, in some way or other. He just felt responsible for them.

Max took a deep breath in grabbing her own stuff before throwing it all in her own tent. She walked over to where she'd seen Leo vanished and hugged Irv before she went any farther letting him talk to his other friends. She always felt like such a burden to him when they were around other people. Where'd he be talking non stop Max would be silently sitting there wondering what to say. It was the opposite factor that made them friends though. Max had her art stuff still with her so she could finish drawing Leo. When she finally found him she plopped on the ground bellow looking up at him every now and than keeping an eye on her little ferret so he didn't get into to much mischief.
She finished in no time and doubt the fact that Leo even knew she was there, and she touched the ground smiling as a little flower grew up between her fingers. A little blue bell. Delicate but beautiful.

Sera had grabbed her stuff, happy to finally arrive at their destination. She climbed down the steps, eager to see the ocean again. She looked around her, seeing other students gathering around and talking amongst each other. She looked to the teachers and had seen some students walking off and ignoring what they had said, this made Sera smiled awkwardly, feeling a sweat-drop on her shoulder.

She focused her attention on the smells she could smell. She knew the ocean was close and she could almost taste the salty mist on her tongue as she breathed in, taking in the delightful aroma. She waited for roll call to be finished, then made her way to follow the trail that led to the ocean. She was eager to feel the sand between her toes and the cool waves to collide with her body. She had been so eager that she had her bikini underneath her clothes already. She followed the winding trail, keeping her eyes open for the image of summer as she walked.

She could feel she was getting closer, almost as if it was calling out to her, beckoning her to go for a swim. When her eyes finally settled on the wonderful sight, a huge smile appeared on her face. She almost ran towards the beach, finding a place for her stuff and lifting her clothes off of her. The warmth of the sun hit her small body, enveloping the young Cancer in a bath of sunlight. She flipped off her sandals and made her way to the water, slowly walking in as the warmth of the sun met the cascading cool of the waves that collided with her body.

Leo rolled over on the tree branch, teetering dangerously close to the edge as he dozed in the delightful sunlight. His senses had dulled; in spite of his metal promise to ensure his classmates' safety, his sunbathing instincts had kicked in. There was only so much vigilance a man could withstand in one day after all. Although, as he dozed in the warmth, he couldn't help but sluggishly ponder the artist's sketches, and how her drawing of him was coming along. He hoped he wasn't too awful a subject - not for lack of subject matter, but for his constant shifting and twitching. He'd never been able to keep his tail still for long periods of time, no matter the situation. It was a strange tendency, perhaps, but it was part of who he was.

As Leo rolled over again, shifting so the sunlight could reach his back, he came too close to the edge of the branch, and this time he felt his balance alter. Vertigo snapped his eyes open and he dug his fingers into the bark of the tree, wrapping his ankles together and clinging to the branch; almost fully on the side. In doing so - ears flat and tail lashing - he spotted Max sitting below.

A blush rose to fill his face. "Uh... Hi... Max... sorry about that." He chuckled, clawing his way back to the top of the branch. "Sometimes I guess my brain just doesn't like me." He laughed again, gently lifting his ears and flicking them to relieve the nervous tension that had held them flat against his head.

Max giggled softly, "Its all good."

She fingered the flower that had grown between her fingers thinking about her bruises, and her more than giant crush on Irv, than the one on Mason. It was funny to 'love' some one just cause they were nice to you once. It wasn't normal. Irving was a different story really. The boy had been with her since day one.

"I finished your drawing." Max said smiling at the Leo as she held out the drawing of him lounging, "I figured I wouldn't finish it on the bus so I started it so you were dozing in the picture, er... sunning like you were just now."

Just than her brother groaned in his tent loud enough for the world to hear. "I'm sorry. I'll leave this here." Max said setting the picture beneath the flower on the ground running towards the tent. Tyler groaned again sitting up slightly before yelling for Max.

She grumbled softly before handing him a bottle of water, and going back after the Libra. "You take care of yourself for once." she said softly to Tyler walking down to the beach with Kurt in toe.

Irving grinned as Max singlehandedly brought all of their luggage off of the bus- the girl was a bull. He thanked her, and was just about to suggest walking down to the beach when she hugged him and departed, off to handle her brother. The Libra frowned after she was gone; he worried about her and that brother of hers, but it wasn't really his business, and he knew Max would never allow him close enough to help.

Instead, Irving scooped up his bag and ambled down the beach path, intent on pitching his tent near the water.

--------

Hazel turned about a thousand shades of crimson as Aiden took her hand and led her through the bus like a trainer leading a well-mannered horse. But, as the stepped off, the color drained out of her face. The smell of the outdoors brought a shine to her golden eyes- and was that the sound of the ocean? The Virgo took a step on one direction, then paused and headed in another before realizing that she was still tethered to Aiden's hand; with an embarrassed smile, she let go.

"Thank you for taking my bag," she began, offering a hand to take it back. "And for being such a gentleman." She expected to part ways with the Aquarius- after all, he had many friends and she hadn't really been one of them up until about an hour ago.

Max sighed as Tyler yelled after her. For her to do everything that dad wanted her to do. She just couldn't do it anymore.

She pulled out her sketch pad thinking about what she could draw as Kurt played in the sand. "I wish I hadn't run off on Irving." she muttered thinking about it. Kurt squeaked tossing a shell at her, 'Than go find him. Actually open up to him. Show him this shell.' Kurt tossed another one at her.

She smiled at her little ferret petting it softly before standing up. "I will. I will go to him and actually tell him what's happened with my father."

Kurt squeaked, 'Not what I meant.' chasing after her with a little clam shell in his mouth.

But of course she didn't hear. Instead she walked up to Irving who wasn't that far off pitching his tent. "You want some help? I'm sorry I ran off on you."

Irving was just setting up his tent under some trees near the beach when Max reappeared, looking like she was on a mission. He shook his head when she asked if he needed help- he was pretty experienced in the field of tent-making. As for the apology ... Irv just grinned. "I don't know, Max ... I think this may have ended our friendship." He lunged forward, scooped her up and ran toward the water; she wasn't too heavy, and he was a six-foot giant, after all. Within seconds he was wading through the ocean, Max still in tow, and then he dropped her -no, more like threw her- into the water.