Hoods & Capes Signups/OOC

If you scroll a couple posts up in this discussion, you'll see a quick summary and some notes on both what has happened, and an idea of what's happening short term after this.

I'm super interested to see how the stats system would work. Maybe it could be a d20 system of some sort, since many of us on here have probably played D&D. But question, how would it work in the event the power isnt really able to miss (ie Transfer touching someone to give them pain)

Reactions: Seductress
For Transfer, we would probably use a focus system, where if you can't roll high enough you either don't have time to use your power before getting attacked, or you just can't focus long enough to to transfer the pain either within himself or his target.

Like let's say that The Night Watcher tries to pick up a car for whatever reason, he would have to roll to see if he can actually pick it up, and then he would have to roll to see if he can throw it and hit the target or whatever goal his action has. I think we would have to have personalized stat systems for that sort of thing. I'm still waking up, so this girl's thought process is still warming up.

Like let's say that The Night Watcher tries to pick up a car for whatever reason, he would have to roll to see if he can actually pick it up, and then he would have to roll to see if he can throw it and hit the target or whatever goal his action has. I think we would have to have personalized stat systems for that sort of thing. I'm still waking up, so this girl's thought process is still warming up.

Hey! If you ever need help with the dice or stat system with this sort of thing, I lead a couple of groups where I try to organize the same thing (How well is up for debate) . but if you ever need help figuring shiz out, do let me know! :D

• Useful
Reactions: Seductress
I'll say it again, D20 is not a good fit with supers. I'd go with FUDGE die rolls, meaning roll 4D6 (1-2: -1, 3-4: 0, 5-6: +1) with a human average stat of 0 and 3 being peak human, 4 or more being in the superhuman range. That gives a steep bell curve and better simulates how even an NFL linebacker isn't going to win a contest of strength against the Hulk.

I would also recommend having as few rolls as possible because they really, really bog a game down. Think in terms of results, not processes. Throwing a car at somebody is essentially a ranged attack, so roll a ranged attack, maybe with negative modifiers to hit (because it's hard to throw a car) but a bonus to damage (because when it hits, ow).

Frankly though, I believe that going fully freeform is a better way of doing things. Statting stuff out tends to make the focus on the mechanics, and distorts the narrative to fit the mechanics. The tool takes over the process.

What I personally meant by d20 is for rolls and stuff. Stats are never rolled with d20s because they are too unreliable. I think we might be able to do a mix of the two ideas. Rolls for pvp, simple points system to allocate guns, vehicles and power upgrades(which could just be done through training by a stronger cape)

But it's whatever @Seductress wants. Maybe we should put it to a vote?

James "Jem" Whittaker

Image result for benjamin+jarvis

Torrent

Hydokinesis

Jem is able to manipulate, breathe, and diminish water. Jem cannot change the temperature of water, cannot heat it nor freeze it, nor can he control the water levels in the human body(he cannot manipulate blood in this sense). He is able to manipulate other liquids, however, as long as their main proportionality is consisted of water. This includes salt water, sweat, and has even claimed to be able to "alcohol bend"(whether or not this is true is up to one's better judgement.) Jem can create water from the air around him in a similar manner to his sister, condensing the molecules around him until he can form droplets. Jem can also convert the usable oxygen in water to be able to breathe for a few hours at a time. However, the process of converting from dry breathing to water breathing is rather painful and can take up to a minute to fully be conducted.

Фотографии на стене сообщества – 3 093 фотографии

Bio: Jem grew in the same white room with his sister Blair, but even as a child Jem had doubts about their environment in which they lived, ranging from who his "mother' and "father" were, as well as whether or not Blair is even his biological sister. This constant questioning made it difficult for Jem to grow in the safe environment his sister lived in, and for a brief period of time, he sustained a massive phobia of water and needles. He convinced Blair to coax their "uncle" to release them from their little white room, before being taken to a hospitable cottage near a smaller town.

Jem took a liking to the outside world, easily acquainting himself with neighborhood children, and even including himself in a small band when he was a child. Despite his happy endeavors, he realized rather quickly his sister had been treated horrifically at home, being tested on and rarely leaving her room. During this period, Jem himself got caught up in these activities, gaining his abilities much to his own horror.

Having pulled together his resources, Jem found a young married couple in town and encouraged Blair to join him in their new living arrangements. Jem insisted that he and Blair finish appropriate schooling, his main focus relating to reading, writing, and musical art. During this time, Jem forcibly removed his fear of water, but he refuses to go to a particular pool in the nearby area. By the time Blair had dropped out of grad school, Jem finished with his degree and is working as a part time publishing assistant, as well as writing music in his spare time. Jem wasn't as ecstatic to jump on board to the hero business as his sister was, but he does so for her sake. That, and hey, maybe there are some cute ladies out on the job he can say hello to~

Image result for water+manipulation+gif

Presidential Meta Human Security Task Force
(P.M.H.S.T.F.)
THE FOLLOWING FILES ARE TOP SECRET, AND ARE NOT TO BE SHARED WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE HAND SELECTED GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL, ANYBODY CAUGHT SHARING THESE FILES WILL BE BLACK LISTED AND CONSEQUENCES WILL BE EXECUTED ACCORDINGLY TO THE SEVERITY OF THE CRIME.
Upon being elected into the presidential office, the 46th president Gerald Taffer had noticed an increase in not just superhero activity, but also super villain criminal behavior. With the decision that meta-
news-and-politics-2013-06-james-gandolfini-james-gandolfini-gq-magazine-december-2004-01.jpg
humans putting their powers to good use is an admirable action to take, the risk to national security that those with malicious intent is far too high. With a hand selected Vice President (see paragraph 3 for photo an information)with a specialty in genetic modification and military training, the two set out to form the P.M.H.S.T.F.

Officially, the Presidential Meta Human Security Task Force doesn't exist. None of the super-teams formed and funded under the Task Force have any record of presidential or government funding. While it is not uncommon for President Taffer to organize missions for the super-teams (missions that regular military and law enforcement can't handle), those missions are all off the books and completely top secret. The fact that the files you are reading weren't shredded and burned is a threat to the security of the program, and the integrity of Taffer's presidential occupancy. If the American public found out that Taffer believes that there are events that the government can't handle, that shows that even the president doesn't have faith in his own employed forces. Anybody hand picked by President Taffer swears an oath of secrecy, and signs a contract stating that spilling the secrets that they have been trusted with is an act of treason, and may resort in capitol punishment.

Vice President Joseph Pearson had been retired for a total of sixteen years. Nobody knew that he was retired, however. Nobody knew his side job outside of his humanitarian work as an environmental lawyer. Back in the day, he was the very gimmicky superhero known as Mr.Kringle, taking inspiration
Men_Gallery2-500x600.jpg
from Santa Clause during his hero work. It was a laughable alter-ego that seemed to never get anything aside from satirical responses from the bad guys. With that being said, he was well received within the American media, having three live action films based off of his battles (with fabricated details about his personal life), a cartoon television series, and an entire line of action figures based on himself, his allies and his villains.

With Mr.Kringle recruited in the office, President Taffer had his adviser for meta-humans, who would also be in charge of training any hero they saw unfit for direct duty. Since Taffer had a country to run, Vice President Pearson would be in charge of the P.M.H.S.T.F. and had what seemed like an unending budget, given both his and the president's billionaire status. The two established that Galleria Island, an uncharted slab of land in the pacific would be home to the development of meta-humans and secret military weapons, until the island was attacked and a piece of secret technology was stolen. That was when the two realized that they couldn't have one large justice league, but instead decided to break the heroes into teams and scatter them throughout the world (being allowed to reside and watch over their respective city/country of origin).

If you are reading this, then you are part of The Hoods & Capes, the newest addition to the P.M.H.S.T.F. This is meant to give you as much information on the program, funding, and expectations as the presidential office is allowed to be giving you at this time. After your display with the Inova Fairfax Hospital, Vice President Pearson has decided that he wants to be your direct handler, and will be providing missions and overseeing any training that anybody wishes to have. Whatever your needs are, Joe will get them for you. Your new government issued base of operation is located under the beer store at no text and classified The entrance is in the back of the store, you will find an elevator leading underground. Everything you will find inside is state of the art, even the gym and exercise equipment.

The Russians
Boris Stanislavsky was born in Ulyanovsk, Russia, but relocated to Slavutych to conduct experiments on survivors and people exposed to the radiation of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. The project was funded by a top secret Russian program that we are not at liberty to shine light on. This was Europe's first experience1573950716105.jpeg with man-made gene mutation. Boris discovered that the human genome, when combined with nuclear energy, sets off a mutation of superhuman proportion. After an inside source leaked information to the United Nations, the project was shut down for infringing the 1947 Nuremberg Code.

With Ronald Reagan's Operation Paperclip, Boris Stanislavsky, his brother, and various other scientists were apprehended and brought back to the United States to continue his research in a more 'humane' way. Sharing his secrets and everything that the scientists uncovered, Boris went unpunished as part of a plea deal and was given space to continue his work. He is unofficially the Hoods & Capes resident scientist and weapons manufacturer, while still developing for the United States Military. Officially, Boris Stanislavsky is dead, killed by the radioactivity from Chernobyl with the rest of the scientists involved in Operation Paperclip. If anything is to happen to Stanislavsky while in the protective custody of The Hoods & Capes, severe punishment will be enacted upon all those involved.

When asked about his brother's real name, all Boris stated was that he was called "yaytso golova", which translates into "egghead". Egghead is both his code name, and the name he will be going by. Egghead wasn't a scientist, but instead the first "subject" that was used to create the artificial mutant
924294-gorgerous-brock-lesnar-hd-wallpaper-2018-1920x2120.jpg
gene upon Boris' discovery. Egghead became the basis for the first concept of a Russian super soldier, with his muscle mass growing in size and his nearly perfect muscle memory created by the mutation. His genetics weren't able to be copied and perfected, due to the fact that mutation in the human genome is unpredictable and still cannot be dictated and designed to this day. That fact is untrue, due to the fact that the unidentified scientist behind Sadist's creation has managed to figure how to rewrite the human code, and is unofficially the most wanted man in America. Egghead doesn't say much and is prone to random fits of anger, but can be soothed by playing any song by Glenn Danzig.

There will be missions where Egghead will be joining the team, as assigned by Vice President Pearson. Boris will also have missions available, not that Pearson is a fan of whatever missions the mad man has in store for the team, but isn't legally allowed to say no. In all technicality, Boris is allowed to do whatever he wants without legal repercussions due to the fact that he isn't supposed to be alive. Maybe now that The Hoods & Capes are involved, there will be some punishment available for when the scientist steps out of line.

wolf_by_flash1996-d5okxpi.jpg
[🐾]Wolf
453e9d42bdd5d9580476e887949d21a2.jpg
[🐾]Isaac Carlyle

_

[🐾]22 years of age

_

[🐾]Male

_

[🐾]5'9/175lbs

_

[🐾]Bisexual

_

[🐾]The suit Wolf wears is comprised of a very durable Osnium alloy resistant to impressive amounts of heat and pressure. The armor can also withstand extreme impacts akin to a high fall onto a hard surface or a car crash.

_

[🐾]

Wolf by all respects is the living personification of a true wolf. His powers consist of an elevated physiology, his speed is enhanced ten fold allowing his to move at an upward speed of 51 mph. His upper limit is a 5 ton lifting, pushing, and pulling capacity, while he cannot lift a obliterate whole buildings, his strength is still quite formiddable.

His sense of smell is so acute he can even detect the slightest pheromone change in a human being to see if they're lying as well as listen to their heart rate.
He has low-light night vision for areas with a profound absence of light. His reaction speed allows him to even stay on par with .220 swift rounds and move fast enough to dodge them.

Wolf exhibits a healing factor, though it can take an upwards of 2-3 hours to heal given the severity of the wound, but minor injuries can heal in mere minutes.

While his claws are actually a product of his suit, he utilizes them like a true extension of his body, allowing him to scale up and down walls with ease and cling to most surfaces. These claws can gouge refined steel with relative ease, making lighter alloys mere inconveniences.

_

[🐾]

Any frequency of sound above 45,000 Hz can render Wolf incapacitated and unable to fight. Extreme cold and electricity can render his healing factor null and void, making it that much easier to kill him. Certain cocktails of scents in high concentration can confuse confuse him. Flashbangs or any sight impairing devices can cripple his sight with ease.​

Welcome to the team, Stryder! I can't wait to see what you can bring for the team!

Also, this goes out to everyone: after the first story arc in the main story is finished, KatSea will be taking the reins and leading the second story arc! If anybody has a plot they want for the group after KatSea, let me know and you can have dibs! If nobody wants to take us on our third adventure, then I'll lead the third plot.

Welcome to the team, Stryder! I can't wait to see what you can bring for the team!

Also, this goes out to everyone: after the first story arc in the main story is finished, KatSea will be taking the reins and leading the second story arc! If anybody has a plot they want for the group after KatSea, let me know and you can have dibs! If nobody wants to take us on our third adventure, then I'll lead the third plot.
Thank you, I'm happy to be apart of it.

@KatSea *Salutes* I'll be looking forward to being taken under your wing, Captain.

And welcome to the team, @Stryder ! I'm loving Wolf's concept and look!

• Love
Reactions: Stryder
Hi, as your second captain whose gonna improvise like a mother fudger Ill do my best o7

@Stryder welcome to the team! Wolf looks awesome :D

@Stryder It was definitely worth holding on to! That design is beyond badass, my friend.

• Love
Reactions: Stryder