Hoods & Capes Signups/OOC

Hmm well Kallen could be useful if there were some way to trap one of their opponents somewhere for longer than a minute. But in my head Kallen has fully devoted himself to being a superhero now and would probably be anxiously listening to the radio for possible places he'd be of use. Would both places have police broadcasting over the emergency radio band?

Same! I honestly don't know how things will turn out with Iron Head and Surge; she will try to avoid combat with him but I don't intend for things to be simple nor easy for her, so if you ever want to toss Surge at Iron Head, please do!

And that's honestly a good question... Perhaps the outside villain fight would be on broadcast since all authorities seem to be gathering there? I'm honestly unsure on that one.

Either way, posts so far are awesome guys! I'll wait for a few others to go up before responding again.

I'd say so, probably. The hospital wouldn't have in depth coverage yet, because all they know is that there was an explosion and shots fired. While the commotion with The Night Watcher and Iron Head has the full attention of the officers in the district.

And yeah, I'm waiting until everyone else gets a post in before replying.

One other question. Do you have a more specific location the battle against the two supervillains is taking place? I want my APB from the police to be accurate, and I don't believe they'd reference blocks from a landmark lol

I've never even been to America, so I wouldn't know. The battle is taking place outside of a fictional building run by a fictional company.

Alright I'll just use a clever distraction for him to not catch the exactly location :D

My reply is up

Reactions: Mobley Eats
I'll get another Iron Head response up soon.

Emmy "TripleX" Xie Xiao Xuan
Coils

sample_07dcca9d4c435acad318d0cb585822259ac8ebb0.jpg
Description: Xiao Xuan is a tall, slender 20 year old with waist-length blue hair and gentle brown eyes. Something of a fashion plate, she's always well put together and is never seen in the same outfit twice. She's a winter, and prefers cool colours like navy and burgundy. Her public persona is cool and sombre, with an undertone of deadpan snide; she has a well-hidden mean streak that comes out only when somebody really crosses her. In combat she's calm and lethal, none too concerned with property damage, and inclined to conduct reconnaissance by fire.
Bio:
As TripleX, Xiao Xuan is a semi-professional vlogger who documents street fashion with a side of social commentary. It's not quite a living but she does pull in a lot of swag from sponsors, which explains her vast wardrobe. She does try to engage in journalism beyond documenting what people wear, providing a window into the lives of ordinary people. This has brought her a small but loyal following and a little influence.
In private life, Xiao Xuan attends college and gets the excellent grades necessary to keep her parents off her back. She's not that interested in school but she's smart and dedicated enough to do the work that will get her where she wants to go. She believes that citizen journalism can make a difference and has vague notions of entering politics some day.
As a cape, Coils is able to sense, generate and manipulate electromagnetic fields. The most dramatic application of this ability is her "Left-hand Shot", named for how she literally uses Fleming's Left-hand Rule and induced Lorenz forces to accelerate a small ferrous projectile to velocities in the vicinity of 2,500 m/s. She carries a little bag of ball bearings for this purpose, which she can also use for other applications, including as a simple sap. When she wants to go more subtle though, she is also capable of reading and controlling electrical signals, for example those of RFID or credit card mag strips. She also gets great mobile reception and never wants for wi-fi.

@Seductress Should i reply to the statement by Iron Head or should I wait for Night Watcher?

Benny "Ben" Law

image.png

Echo

Single Player | Multiplayer

Assassin | Martial Artist

Abilities: Echo is born with Shadow Jumping, meaning he can merge and melt his being into the shadows. This benefit filters into his mastery of stealth and swift assassination. Through years of brutal and relentless training, Echo can also withstand particularly grueling conditions (though he's still human and has his limits, the threshold is merely higher than normal) such as resisting physical torture and mind games. At most, he'll probably crack a ton of terrible puns and laugh in your face, blood-stained teeth and broken bones and all.

Strengths

• Detachment: Although Echo prefers to keep compassion and mercy in mind, he understands that desperate times can sometimes call for desperate measures. If needed, then he can severe all emotional ties and achieve his goal objectively. No holding back. Failure is not an option.
  • Stealth: Utilizing the shadows, he creeps into the vicinity and strikes without a sound. "Wanna know why I'm called Echo? I'm so quiet, any sounds I make are just an afterthought."
  • Martial Arts: Trained mainly in the arts of Wing Chun and Shotokan Karate, Echo is currently trying to sharpen his skills with a Katana, which he carries on his person at all times. Along with the sword, he's also in possession of darts (coated with a paralyzing toxin, 10 total), daggers, and a chain sickle (though he's not very good with it).

Weaknesses
  • Forgetful: Echo hadn't always been so forgetful but ever since he acquired that metal plate on his head (just a patch of steel sitting in his dark mane), moments of short-term memory loss will strike him. The episodes are impossible to predict and a bit frustrating, both for himself and those he works with. Luckily, it's not frequent.
  • Deception: Echo is just... a terrible... terrible liar. Always have been. Always will be. One could peer straight through his lies like a cow among mouses.
  • Disorganized: Echo's overly optimistic and puppy-like attitude unfortunately causes him to lose sight of priorities at hand. It may take a few solid smacks to the face before he gets himself together. "Ow! Why'd you--Oh... Right. Heh, catching bad dudes. My bad!"

Dvwy_fyX0AscBoI.jpg

Bio: He... honestly can't say much. The last Echo can remember is waking up in some crummy alley in the middle of Washington DC slums. Echo was... sent on a mission? Yeah. That sounded about right. Had to kill someone, but he sure as heck couldn't recall to save his life. Weird...

Oh well! At least he had this band of heroes to chill with and help people; that sounded nice.

Greetings, fellow ching-chong. Rest assured Coils will spend a lot of time ribbing you mercilessly.

• Haha
@Ariel Oh dear, Coils please go easy on my son, he is nothing more than a puppy killing machine lmao!

Also I'll wait until after Transfer's response to Surge and such before posting Iron Head again!

It's up now.

Awesome! Thanks Sail.

So, @Seductress , I have a few questions about the burning building. I'm assuming the fire is very large and visible from the outside? Or is it more internal within the building? And would there be the possibility of gunshots hitting us just from standing outside the hospital (west wing)? I may have something brewing, but I just wanted to get a quick visual first.